Comfy BotW 2 speculation thread get in here

Comfy BotW 2 speculation thread get in here

Attached: 1560543822322.jpg (755x795, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M
youtube.com/watch?v=rh34gpE84EY
youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A thread died for this

is this a demise of ganondorf referendum

Attached: 1561254073522.png (143x143, 36K)

I just want it to have some actual dungeons.

Could...could the people on the left be Zelda and Ganondorf?

Oh shot this is actually pretty cool

dumb snoynigger

Will it have good combat now?

I'm curious who the villain will be, I hope it won't just be ganondorf again.
I'm hoping Ganon will be a good guy this time, since the hand that reaches out for him in that shadowed silhouette seems more ominous than GAnondorf himself

Wait, did loli OoT Zelda always have a tits that large?

This, the shrines and divine beasts were the biggest piece of wasted opportunity in this generation.

>real shit?

Has anyone played the trailer music backwards yet? The song sounds like your typical zelda song they reversed, theyve done it before in BOTW's marketing

0:40 plays the first few chords of OoT Ganondorf's theme.

>I hope it won't just be ganondorf again.
bitch we haven't had ganondorf in 13 years, closer to FOURTEEN by the time this comes out

>tfw really wanted to get into botw since I haven't cared about Zelda since post Majora's Mask
>Got bored not long after unlocking all the shit for the slate and stopped playing

Attached: 1561319924936m.jpg (1024x413, 22K)

I really wanted them to do a link to the past thing where you get a "Dark World" you can traverse through. Shit would be lit af famalam

A oracle of ages type mechanic would be cool where you move from pre calamity Hyrule to post calamity ganons defeat Hyrule to solve various puzzles

What I want:
>All equipment gives an abnormal buff and debuff to some mechanic eg a hat that makes you fire arrows three times as fast but halves their range and damage, boots that make you run extra fast but makes everything slippery, shirt that makes you a glass cannon, etc
I just think it would be fun to mix and match theses and come of with challenges revolving around them. Its an easy way to keep the game play fresh.

Attached: what makes me a good demoman.gif (449x266, 1.92M)

I've not played BOTW but wasn't Ganon some giant cloud pig in that game? How is he a dried up mummy now?

Ganon and Ganondorf are separate beings.
I don't get it either

Both of these sound great.

Can we all agree that the Sheikah slate needs to fuck off? The coolest thing about Zelda was unlocking new items and here they just give it to you from the start

I don't think the sheikah slate is the inherent problem, but I would like a return to form in there being more items and they are found throughout dungeons.

to be fair it would make a lot of sense, given that it seems like they'll reuse the BOTW map

That was his malice basically, and the source from it was the mummy we saw in the trailer.
Or so it seems.

No.
You can't mix the open world of BotW with the unlockable tools, it would be unplayable.

I did like the fact that bombs and stuff weren't finite anymore, but I think that if the new arm really is a new mechanic they could do it a lot better

DOA if it re-uses the same world

90% of the shrines were garbage. It was way more fun finding the shrines than actually doing them.

Good.
If a thread is on page 10 and nobody is posting in it it deserves to die.

What are you on? ALTTP, OOT, and ALBW all did it.

Shrines were /ok/ but the combat ones and especially the ones where you don't have to do anything at all are lame.
Puzzles were fun but many of them are just really simple. I think they can definitely make them work.

Most likely it will completely reuse BotW world and assets.
I think they will add new areas, change others and add assets. It's already known that shrines and animal mechs are gone. Hopefullythey will rebuild areas, adding big towns but I doubt it. I don't think the engine could handle massive NPC numbers.
I expect all the guardians are gone as well as the blight. I think they will add traditional dungeons. Hopefully a lot of them. This would mean limitations though. So it might be difficult to balance the physics based gameplay to item limitations.
Will be nice to see what they do.
I would expect them to either keep the runes and add more or have some other power that replicates what the runes can do.

I will buy a Switch for this.

Kek

It's completely different now, the world is gigantic and complete freedom of doing what you want is kinda its thing, so you're either have to complete dungeons in a set order and destroy that concept or not make the tools useful in other dungeons. And you're gonna stumble about many instances while exploring where you need the tool you don't have and you'll just end up frustratingly look up which dungeon has it. It simply doesn't work in BotW.
The suggestion this user has is much better

>implying people wont eat it up anyway because of how well received the first one was

So like Risk of Rain 2?

It´s a direct sequel. In the same world and kingdom as before. How would they change the world in any significant way? Expect the same overall map with caves, more cities and actual dungeons instead of shrines and the beasts

Don't forget you can do dungeons in almost any order in OOT

>Water, Fire and Forest temple can be done in any order
>After that you have to do either Spirit or Shadow, but you can choose which one first

will we get more than four dungeons this time?

We need the runes because of the physics gameplay, but yea I agree, the metrodvania type stuff of zelda is the best part. Its a massive memory puzzle that way.
"I can't X until I go here and get X but to get there I need X to get X" ect

It will be difficult for them to base the game same world and engine but limit stuff lite terrain exploration to dungeon loot. The entire game revolved around freedom of exploring..

Best way is for them to keep the slate but dont make the puzzles around it, make dungeon puzzles all item based.

You are correct, that's why OoT was my favorite before BotW, you have a very large amount of freedom once you go adult.
I think it's very hard to find a balance that works for BotW 2 because I agree there should be more dungeons than in the first one.

If digits its Vaati

>will we get more than zero dungeons this time?
FTFY

>page 10
>Newfagging this hard
Only newfags use pages idiot

you had 5 with hyrule castle

hyrule castle is honestly the magnum opus of this game

Attached: for when the tea is just bomb ass.jpg (700x728, 54K)

>If digits
Hello newfriend, if its a 3 its Yuga

youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

I doubt that even nintendofags would eat up literally the same map. Theres gonna be a twist. Maybe its gonna be like in OOT

I cant stand this type of animation, its so fucking lazy.

I agree, there should be more like that in the sequel

Wish we had a hyrule castle for each of the regions. Imagine roaming in a gigantic temple in that dense forest to the south. Hope botw2 have that for the standard as far as dungeons go. Then all I´d need is enemy variety. Killing goblins, tall, slim goblins, big fat one eyed goblins and lizards all day every day gets old fast. Each region should have it´s own unique variety of enemies

Bruh I use the catalog.
I can see what page this thread is on right now just by looking up in the corner.

No doubt, Hyrule castle shouldve been what every dungeon looked like, not just the final one.

the whole thing was ganondorf's breath

I want 6 huge temple dungeons, one for each sage. Zelda excluded.

The trailer isnt much to go on but I fucking hope its not just one big dungeon under the castle. I'd want more variety in dungeon themes, like OoT.

Yeah, but watch it, then watch the actual speedrun then watch it again and tell me you don't at least fucking smile. Don't be a nigger, user

i really really want a faster way to get around. horses are useless because they can't fast travel, and link's base movespeed is insultingly slow for a world of this size.

nah you fuck off.
I want to see how they use Cryonis in this game.

youtube.com/watch?v=rh34gpE84EY
Speedrun it's based on, btw

I think this along with "fixed" weapon durability(Whetstones?) would be amazing.
Obviously they need to change up the world too, or make a second one.

I want a Zelda game with a Hyrule that actually has people in it for once and more than three small maps within it. Give me some semblance of a town near the castle like it keeps promising.

I want double hookshots to reduce climbing.

I was hoping for more of a Majora's Mask type scenario for the sequel.
Is it confirmed using the same map? That is pretty lame if so.

>Imprisoning War 2.0
I'd buy it.

I'm sure there'll be a twist to it, it's a Zelda game, one of their flagship titles, they won't just give you the exact same map.

Ganon will always be the main villain of console Zelda games. Zant should have taught you that nobody besides Ganondorf will ever be relevant.

ZELDA WAS LOOKING AT LINK

LINK IS THE ENEMY CONFIRMED

definitely the same map but im sure it would be altered in some shape or form

Get rid of run stamina completely too. Just have stamina for climbing but give us the hookshot eventually.

Ever since I played Worlds Adrift I found BOTW severely lacking in hookshots, approved.

>one of their flagship titles,
Mario and zelda is all they have really, but instead of spending money to create more games and bring them out more frequently they space them out over a decade

honest realistic speculation

>near future after botw ends
>villain is zombie ganondorf who was sealed under the castle by magic
>somehow zombie ganondorf gets released
>cataclysmic bad guy energy fucks up all of hyrule and changes the shape of the land, fills it with more scary monsters like wolfos and stalfos

and in some way instead of zelda being a damsel in distress I think she will be heroic alongside link in this game. I know you see twitter queerfolk saying things like this all the time, but I think the design change is supposed to suggest that she has more of an action role.

It would be really fucking lame if Zelda, after getting rescued after 100 years and finally being reunited with Link would immediately be captured again.

Donkey Kong, Pokemon, and Smash

I think it will be more of a sheik thing. She will be off doing her own shit while you are doing yours and you meet up now and then. And you fight along side each other at certain points.

It actually might be a possibility of a coop zelda game with 2 player playing zelda.

god please no

>breath of the wild 2

What? Already? Since when??

tfw so behind on the times because I haven't browsed the internet or used Yea Forums in nearly 4 months

>Been playing BOTW on and off for five months
>Still taking my sweet ass time with the Gerudo desert
>Getting hyped for the castle
Feels comfy bros.

Attached: 1553714187929.png (694x673, 447K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00

Attached: 1561042994259.png (1200x540, 284K)

I doubt it just because of the hardware limitations of the switch

the game is already kind of pushing its limits without displaying 2 screens.

I know my gf is really really hoping for co-op though

congrats on escaping prison

Maybe, if there were any real benefit to exploring it.

So ... That's actually the Breath ... of the Wild ...

I'm curious to how some of them will work out with BotW's mechanics. Hopefully they take a more classical approach with Link's kit this time though and not just using the slate for everything.

>never miss a year's e3, or game conference
>already uninterested in 2018 but still watched
>completely forgot about this year altogether, to the point where I still write down /18 on dates

is this what being a robot is like?

Attached: brutality.jpg (847x554, 44K)

I've done this before and it makes me depressed when I realize how much time I've wasted when I could have been doing other things with my little free time. I like to milk games but at this point in my life would rather finish them back to back to back

I also want another Hyrule Castle type "action" dungeon on top of Hyrule Castle itself getting masterquest'd by whatever happens in the teaser

what would you rather be doing?

I never understood people who said things like this. My brother was like "I wonder if I should have spent my time playing games trying to get laid and shit". And I just really wonder why he didn't do that if that's what he wanted to do.
I never feel regret because I like video games.

nigga what

I´m ok with weapon durability, but being able to repair then would be nice. Honestly don´t expect much change in the world. Probably the removal of shrines in favor of more civilization and caves, but the overall geography being the same

because when you realize how much time is in let's say, 5 months you understand how much you could have played or accomplished in that amount of time

sorry, just going through some personal issues, actually have been doing the same with yakuza 0 right now but its getting a little too much

Doesn't the original NES game technically let you play dungeons in jumbled up orders if you know what you're doing? I never finished it because of those fucking Darknuts

There's no way it'll be exactly the same. Monolith Soft put out an ad recruiting additional artists and designers among other things for the sequel so the map should have a reasonable number of updates.

>Maybe its gonna be like in OOT
I would kill to get an intact Castle Town.

2019 is a real boring year for vidya, but has set up 2020 being top tier

>Has anyone played the trailer music backwards yet? The song sounds like your typical zelda song they reversed, theyve done it before in BOTW's marketing
>reverse audio
>speed up to 1.1x
>hear "DARKNESS DARKNESS DARKNESS" from whispery voice

Funny because that's how I felt last year.

This guy kills me every time.

Link is for Mipha. Stop this insanity

They should get rid of weapon durability all together or just have sharened, dull and rust versions.

The use for weapons breaking was so that you dont just get the best stat weapon and use that all game, plus giving you a reason to explore and rewarded for it. What they should do is add a real trade and economy system so your exploration is for that aswell as unique weapons, gear and loot, but have this durability system where your best weapons can become dull and your lesser weapos become more useful.

Yea, which is what BotW was inspired by. The freedom of exploring and getting lost

Did they ask Nomura to do the trailer?

Why what were you looking forward to this year?
only game I was looking forward to was REmake 2. Though CP2077 and Dying light 2 are my most anticipated vidya. Both are released spring 2020.

We get death stranding this year, it might be good

We also get DQXI S soon.

I agree that the way it is right now is not the best way possible, but I´m unsure of what would be a better implementation. Maybe a weapon upgrade system similar to how armors work, so you can stick with what you like and keep then up to pace with stronger enemies. Have weapon parts be awarded instead of weapons so you can add those extra effects to then, like elements, attack up and so on. But then you´d have a situation where you won´t try risky stuff like throwing your weapon at enemies as you could end up loosing it along with all the investiment in it. Maybe keeping it the way it is, but weapons of the highest tier are unbreakable, so you still have to improvise in the early and mid game with fragile rusty sticks but by the end you´re able to keep a loadout of your favorites and not worry about durability anymore

Not him but in my case
>DXM
>Astral Chain
>DQXIS
>FE3H now that it doesn't look like a trashfire

i fucked with it in the audio even reversed audio put it over original. both have same pacing start to end
merged stereo to mono. nothing
spectrograph. nothing

only thing ive really heard is the "darkness"
the voice samples you hear in the beginning remind me of how they made midnas voice where they chopped the syllabuls up so i gotta fuck with that next

>DQXI S
Not my type of vidya. Eachto their own

I'm hype for this game.

BOTW is already a great game, and they just need to add things on top. Their entire development schedule is just for adding things on top.

Attached: botw2.jpg (500x732, 96K)

That's the problem with BOTW. Zelda games usually have a hook, something to keep you playing.

>Oh shit a new ability/thing/whatever I can do
>Traveling the world and revisiting the beginning areas to see what you can use your new ability/thing/whatever

The only thing close to this is grinding rupees for clothes. Which feels more like a chore than reward. They completely dropped the ball on their core mechanic.

Attached: 1549284567032.jpg (1037x767, 309K)

why not both?

Why not both. Dark Zelda game with bits of romance during the peace periods to warm your heart a bit.
A candle glows brightest in the dark user!

Do you guys think leaving the wii u behind and fully working it as a switch title will yield any improvements?

Attached: mhm1.jpg (500x445, 30K)

holy shit you're right. Where does the time go?

Attached: 1514422518664.png (1512x1512, 2.09M)

>mfw I went through the entire game without seeing biggoron

Attached: Biggoron-Sword-Trading-Sequence-34.jpg (400x240, 27K)

I think the best way would be to get rid of stats all together. Master sword is obviously the most powerful but only when fighting powerful evil enemies like bosses.
Make each weapon do the same damage level damage, but have a durability level, but nothing ever breaks it just gets less shap doing less damage..
For eg. You pick up a sharp royal sword, which are rare to find, it takes 200 slashes before it becomes dull, doing less damage, meaning now your sharp iron sword, which are everywhere, does more damage than the royal sword now but becomes dull after 50 slashes. This way each weapon becomes viable, you never lose them unless you choose to throw them, which you would with the iron sword but not royal, it gives you a reason to explore for currency, trade items and repair items as well as new weapons.
Add a heafty price or requirements to repairs, add repair kits like whetstones, and even have stuff like you finding a crappy rusty weapon in a cave or dungeon that you have to take to a weaponsmith, with lots of currency and items to repair into some badass unique weapon.

This gets rid of the issues of not having a reason to explore, weapon breaking and trading trash for new stuff as well as letting us customize our preferred weapon we use.

I do like your idea of having new parts to weapons, like finding new hilts for swords, as long as it is just cosmetic not stat based. But remember it's a zelda game, it is directed at family fun so no complex craft and trade systems.

>darker zelda/romance
great now im imagining zelda as a delicious brown

>ganondorf turns hyrule into an apocalyptic nightmare
>survive with your Zelda GF in this horrid place

Attached: 1444912703327.jpg (720x723, 47K)

>Can ride a skeleton horse but can't keep it

Attached: 1554242924647.gif (434x434, 60K)

If this game doesn't have AT LEAST constant 30 FPS I will be pissed.

Ganondorf only appears in 3 games. OOT, WW and TP.

that can't be right

fuck I think it is.

Hopefully they shape up this time, I think they consciously designed BotW as a mobile game so they wanted content you could access and complete in 5-15 minutes chunks.

we never had proper dungeons because the world before calamity ganon grew tired of old deities and shrines
they relied too much on technology, with sheikas advancing in thier research there was no more need for magic, tradition or arcane cults
they let their guard down, they forgot the goddesses: even Zelda lost her faith, and this is what happened then: Ganon destroyed everything

this is clearly a criticism toward our society, and I hope the new game will be a more spiritual one, with dungeon that will unlock new tools, secrets and will make lore relevant again

BOTW: technology doomed us
BOTW: tradition will save us

This game is already promissing of being way better since it won´t be limited to the wiiu hardware

I for one can’t wait for the wedding scene where Link and Mipha get married, Sidon is links best man and Ganondorf conducts the wedding ceremony

>fishfags still exist

Attached: 171c2c3eddad6cb0fd9c2e9bf20ee003.jpg (672x671, 64K)

Yeah, we could have gotten another thread about Etika instead!

cute! CUTE!

Zelda is ganon’s girl. Link is Mipha’s boy

They never learn.

Why not? Fish is adorable.

Think about all the Wojak and Frogshitting that has been lost for discussion about video games! On a video game discussion board on the internet of all places!

Literally worst girl.

Enjoy your wrong opinion.

>can't even ENTER the water temple without the hookshot, which is in the Forest Temple
Yikes

I'm right, though.

gannondorf was a dark mage/necromancer that summoned calamity gannon 100 years ago (or originally 10,000 years ago) link and zelda have to travel deep into the ancient temples that are binding him, each connected to a seal (fire, nature, water, spirit, light, shadow) and destroy him in order to sever calamity gannon for good. hoping for that (classic X dungeons with new trinket in each) formula.

would also appreciate new overworld or changed&expanded overworld. with either a focus on exploring new lands and ancient ruins with some new mapmaking feature, or rebuilding hyrule in a way similar to Ni No Kuni 2's kingdom maker

user, the hookshot is in the graveyard, the Bow is in Forest temple

Nope.

gannon: primal embodiment of triforce of power

gannondorf: physical vessal often housing gannon through out the ages. often portrayed as male gerudo

majoras mask was a direct sequal too. fuck off

Mipha>Riju>>>Urbosa>>>>>>>Paya>>>>>>>>>> Zelda

Not tits. It's just N64 poly count trying to emulate the part of her dress being pulled up over her belt.

Attached: Zelda_Ocarina_of_time.png (224x652, 54K)

Wow, that is some shit fucking taste.

Very adorable

Attached: 6E8B18BE-322B-4337-B51E-7AF74F541D1B.gif (358x342, 1.47M)

Stop speaking to yourself

>hookshot is in forest temple
ZOOM ZOOM

That doesn't even make sense.

is this the dlc?

Yeah it’s not for people who don’t like games unless they constantly pay them on the back and tell them exactly what to do

Based. I would've put Zelda third if not for that horrible scene with the Yiga. Talk about instantly ruining a character.

Yes, it’s the final memory from champions ballad

I remember how BotW let me use amiibos for free shit once every day. So I grabbed my AC cards and spent two weeks farming food and rupees. I got bootleg zelda amiibos too for loads of good weapons.
Will they let us shatter the game again guys?

Why couldn't we save them. Why must it be like this.

Midget fish a cute!

really tired of people claiming hyrule castle was the best part of BotW when even the divine beasts had better gameplay. Yeah the castle's nice to look at but the entire thing is just a spoonfeeding item buffet with pretty much no mechanics you might as well be sightseeing with that free gay 3d map. If nintendo just arranges the challenges used in shrines into sets in the open world like the setup at eventide island the open world would work better. Multi-stage solutions to a larger goal that can be done any way the player wants just like the core design of BotW stands on.

Attached: 963333c2a6022266e2de665f6da7820d.png (724x1023, 693K)

I would say access to some of the strongest weapons in the game as well as the best shield is incentive enough

Attached: a0a1edcdf53da87a5a700355315aca8f.png (724x1023, 762K)

Attached: faeb500de63e259fa5f4d765d1d311a8.png (724x1023, 687K)

Attached: 122e075844a1795c71761f702877ef56.png (724x1023, 630K)

>Licking cloth

What the fuck Link.

Zora’s get BIG so she would soon tower over link

I just hope if they are reusing the same world it's completely different. Like maybe a bunch of towers/dungeons emerge from underground and change the landscape completely.

I've been here for 11 years and I still use pages since it lets me view the last 5 replies. I know I'm not the only one.

same fellow pagebro
I also just stopped using frames a few years ago

I hope we will see more of her Yea Forumsros

Attached: fd753ced428e05c302882e4dd0f6a1de--legend-of-zelda-anime-girls.jpg (474x739, 29K)

So whats the name gonna be Flea? My guess is something like xxxx of the wild. So maybe like Death of the Wild, corny I know but this is nintendo were talking about here dear.

Attached: IMG_20190125_145344.jpg (1078x1031, 135K)

Curse of the wild?

Based on her size, she was either really young or she had fucking dwarfism.

Attached: fish.jpg (1280x693, 292K)

Exploration and experimentation are their own rewards.

if it's not Death of the Wild I'll be pulling an etika

"Etika of the wild"

According to everything gathered thus far

>Ancient civilization with unknown tower edifications and ruins throughout the land, called the Zonai, who whorpshipped dragons (courage), owls (wisdom), boars (power)
>Hyrule castle denizens on high alert because day of doom was approaching, unaware from where it would come from, even got fort Hateno which provided defensive positions for external forces coming from the sea
>Guardians come from 5 tower structures which came straight from the ground, malice also came from underneath the castle engulfing everything, no time to defend, just to run having skirmishes on the way
>Apparently there can't be a male Gerudo if the previous one doesn't cease to exist, Creating a Champion states there has no been any gerudo males since Ganondorf was born
>Fast forward to new trailer, Link and Zelda exploring what appears to be Zonai ruins with murals depicting a Gerudo with a trident (Ganondorf)
>Apparently he was kept sealed while (barely) alive, as indicated by the letters circling the spell which can be read as "GANON, SEAL", his malice seeped from the castle, while his real body was sealed apparently by Zonai or them+help from another hero

Attached: 56ace3b3d52da70920d9741ae6c64071.jpg (500x500, 71K)

>you'll never explore Hyrule before calamity Ganon an travel across all its lush cities and holdings with your Champion bros

Attached: __princess_zelda_revali_urbosa_korok_mipha_and_etc_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_and_etc_dr (850x1202, 443K)

I wish, 15ft tall Mipha would be perfection. Sadly, even her baby bro outgrew her.

I really hope they don't cave to people asking for old dungeon style

they won't but visually diverse dungeons(Non-item gated) would still be a very welcome addition

Visual distinction would be an improvement but people are fucking delusional if they think any dungeon in Ocarina of Time (besides Water Temple) is better than any BotW dungeon from a gameplay perspective. Some shrines are better than some OoT dungeons.

Attached: 1561491674677.jpg (1280x693, 245K)

retard

I honestly hate finding stuff that I clearly need a tool I don't have yet to interact with and then need to come back. Especially since my memory is shit. Just give me all the tools up front and I'll figure out what to do with them when I find shit. That's why I like botw. I just hope they give us more shit to use our tools on in the sequel.

>you can actually do this in botw

That's why it's a great game.

I think it's mainly the repetitive visuals that give people the impression like they aren't as good as they actually are
OoT dungeons are pretty nice though

Water Temple on 3DS is possibly the best Zelda dungeon ever, the rest of the OoT's dungeons are too mindless and linear.

Deku Tree is up there too, the "ohhhh" moment when I realized you can jump down from way above to break the net is still firmly stuck in my head

I hope so

>there are people in this thread that are sure that there has been more than one Ganondorf across all of the games and not a singular Ganondorf refusing to die in different ways across timelines.
You are all fucking retarded.

diablo2 style, one dungeon under hyrule. 100 levels. at bottom is final boss. levels are randomized on entry so you have to hit 'checkpoints' every 10 lvl or so to warp to for progress

you may not like it but this is what peak zelda performance looks like

Attached: 1531724548270.jpg (1445x850, 130K)

It's an asset flip. There's no way they won't be in it. Aonuma has even said he wants to use them again.

Attached: 75342977_p0.png (804x1115, 443K)

I want three things:
>The weapon breaking system to be replaced with a tool upgrade system.
>Classic dungeons with unique themes
>A few more "fun" items in the vein of the korok leaf. Classics like deku nuts, the hookshot, etc.

Weapons breaking encourages us to forage for new weapons and try new weapon types. This is to make use of the game's new scope. I get the intent and agree with it, and I feel its easily addressed in using an upgrade system instead:

>Foraging
In an upgrade system we forage for upgrade parts unique to various activities. This is an easily controlled and balanced vector for engagement. Quest chains, minigames, moblin bases, basic exploration, etc can all gate this by rewarding parts to further upgrade various items and weapons.

>Making use of weapon variety
Just make monsters closer to past games in how their fights were quasi puzzles with various weaknesses to various approaches. Wolfos were weak to nimble circling, stalfos were weak to shield peaking and bombs, some enemies were shielded but downed by unconventional items or 2 handed weapons more easily. This is an easy thing to design and Nintendo has done it before.

The second thing I want back is proper themed dungeons. The divine beasts did not cut it. My ideal fixes here would be to cut ~40 shrines, as they are roughly the equivalent of a classic dungeon's smaller puzzle room for easier shrines, to more elaborate dungeon set piece puzzle rooms in the more difficult ones. So cut 40 or so out and devote that manpower to another 4 classic styled dungeons themed to the regions they're located in.

Through all this, keep the world open again. No changes I ask for here dismantle the slate or openness concept. They only add to the potential variety of activities in that open world, or give us more reasons to forage in it. Related to this end: Don't put special items in the dungeons. Put unique upgrade items in them that can be used for their final upgrade.

I want to impregnate Zelda!

t. Link

Maybe make shrines themed around a specific area and then a big dungeon to tie it all together

I just went to the final dungeon and picked up a bunch of end-game resources, how do you stop me from breaking the game?

Don't run straight to the final dungeon if you don't want to break the game.

Sandbox means you can break the game if you want. Have fun the way you want to. If you want to run to Ganon and kill him as fast as you can, a sandbox shouldn't get in the way of that.

This would be nice.

sixteen by the time it comes out

Attached: 1513493494150.gif (410x230, 1.95M)

Just make it super difficult and don't cater it to those with base abilities, but don't gate them intentionally either

Attached: 1551646739137.png (671x541, 167K)

>And you're gonna stumble about many instances while exploring where you need the tool you don't have and you'll just end up frustratingly look up which dungeon has it
That doesn't have to be the case though. Consider BotW's regions. For this idea they'd probably have to merge a few. Replace the 4 shrines per region with a few smaller dungeons in the now larger regions. These dungeons grant a new item/rune. Each region has a temple that you can't access without clearing the region's smaller dungeons. That way the end-temple can be designed with whatever tools you started the game with and whatever tools the region granted you.

I could see the title keeping the Breath part. My guess would be Breath of the Beast or Breath of Ganon

I hope they give Link a bit more emotion. He’s basically giving his best Terminator impression in every cutscene

Me too, I didn't like how blank he was in the cutscenes of this game compared to all the previous ones

you spelled Gannnon wrong and gannnondorf too.

went into botw blind and was so excited when I came across a temple or some shit thinking there were optional dungeons. Turns out to be a shit shrine with a test of power or one gay gyro puzzle. It's not enough to have story based dungeons, they need ones you just stumble on whilst exploring with cool shit inside