Hollow Knight Silksong new infos TLDR:

Hollow Knight Silksong new infos TLDR:
HEALING
>When enough silk is held Hornet can Bind, wrapping her wounds...
>you’ll begin the game able to heal 3 masks with a single Bind
>Surely there’s a limit to all this power? And yes! Unlike the Knight, Hornet’s Bind consumes her full (starting) spool of silk. It’s all or nothing!
>if Hornet gets hit during the action, the healing effect will be wasted and the silk will be gone!
DYING
>upon defeat, Hornet leaves a cocoon. This fragile container holds a full stock of silk!
DIALOGUE
>Hornet has a voice! Though she isn’t the type to speak at length, Hornet’s not afraid to engage in conversation where necessary.
MAP
>For fans of Hollow Knight, the mapping of Pharloom will be a familiar process, using the same tools and same restrictions.(what is unironically based as fuck)
VOICES
>For several characters in Silksong we’ve been reaching out to select friends from the Hollow Knight community to provide voices.
>Lace is voiced by Mitsuki Hashimoto, one of the earliest and most active members of Hollow Knight’s fan art community.
RELEASE
>‘When it matches the quality and scale of Hollow Knight.’

full text: kickstarter.com/projects/11662585/hollow-knight/posts/2546388

Attached: asdasdasdasdasdasd.png (625x651, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMtWxdQoljQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You cant make a hollow knight thread without bait in it and expect any discussion, faggot. This thread will die with just my reply

That new way of healing sounds like it will be more difficult in the long run

Wrong.

Everything about this sounds good. Is it a sequel or a prequel? Not that I know what's going on exactly in base HK anyway.

i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a sequel

HORNY FOR HORNET

It's a sequel.

>This has been a profound change for Hollow Knight’s sequel
>sequel

Sounds good. It sounds like it'll be a while yet before it comes out if they still aren't sure of a release date. Still mad I only found Hollow Knight after the Kickstarter ended.

Attached: Git_gudder.jpg (598x784, 36K)

Unrelated to silksong. Anyone know if I can just drop a dreamgate in the queen's gardens and then use it to transport the delicate flower instantly? I get hit by a mantis every time I try to do it legit because I am a fucking invalid apparently.

>can just drop a dreamgate in the queen's gardens and then use it to transport the delicate flower instantly?
nope

Is there any hope for a 2019 release bros?

Dreamgates don't work. My advice is to clear out your route first and then go back, get the flower, and proceed with the quest.

Attached: 1489872126320.png (1280x1810, 508K)

Lmao

Place at the grave, go to the nearest bench by the target npc and sit. Then teleport to the dreamgate and take a flower. Pause and exit to the title screen, then load your save. You'll be at the bench holding the flower.

i don't know why but there was a rumor silksong release is set to 2019, but i haven't found any source on this

Guess I'll give it a try, although I assume the enemies will respawn by the time I get back.

This is basically an exploit and I'd rather not resort to it just yet but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

They respawn only when you save, not over time. I've done it myself this way.

Oh. 50 hours in and I had not realized that yet.

Attached: FmYjcHV.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Mapping system in the first game was a confused mess of design and I hoped it would be changed into "just draw as you go".
>oopsie poopsie, your ability to draw maps magically disappears when entering a new area

As long as zote is in the game is perfect

>For fans of Hollow Knight, the mapping of Pharloom will be a familiar process, using the same tools and same restrictions.
Get fucked brainlets

Attached: TopGun.png (474x503, 947K)

i have no problem with hk mapping but draw as you go would be epic

You had to buy maps from cornifer because he extends the map that you're able to draw on. Like, imagine having a map of your city, but you wanted to draw what's outside. You couldn't just use the same map to draw what's outside since the paper just ends, right?

Sounds great, glad they aren't rushing it.
>cocoon gives full stock of silk
How do you feel about this, anons? Sounds to me like it opens some interesting strategies, especially if it stays inside the boss room.
>mapping like in HK
Excellent
>Mitsuki Hashimoto
Anyone got examples of art? Google search didn't lead me anywhere.

Attached: 1522848622_preview_GIT GUD.png (400x400, 181K)

>Hornet leaves a cocoon.

Attached: BB2E0B80-04C9-41C2-A45E-664BB17A2975.jpg (540x572, 110K)

The game sounds like it's coming along really nicely. I'm happy the devs are keeping us in the know. Them and re-logic truly are beyond based.

Attached: 1561462857839.png (278x248, 55K)

>How do you feel about this, anons? Sounds to me like it opens some interesting strategies, especially if it stays inside the boss room.
If you read the blog post, that's literally what they say, that you can use it strategically for bosses and other hard encounters.

SHAAA

>>For fans of Hollow Knight, the mapping of Pharloom will be a familiar process, using the same tools and same restrictions
Okay Team Cherry, but please don't reveal a huge segment of the area when I haven't explored everything.

Attached: god of gods.png (750x750, 164K)

I assume this is the same 'speech' from the first game and not actual voice acting?

yep. if you watched the gameplay video, you'd know that
>>For fans of Hollow Knight, the mapping of Pharloom will be a familiar process, using the same tools and same restrictions
>casualfags who got filtered by cornifer of all things cant get into silksong either
Get fucked game journalist-tier losers, git gud or get fucked

When it says she has a voice it just means she's not a silent protagonist like the knight was. Actual voice acting is still just going to be snippets of gibberish.

>bad design is good because I can somehow use it to call people casuals

>having the game hold your hand by revealing the layout from buying maps and automatically filling it in when sitting at a bench
>not having to draw your own maps
hollow knight system is for brainlets.

>Bad design
It's not though

It kinda is. It's like they looked at Metroid and didn't actually understand what map stations were for.

>This game is BULLSHIT
>I shouldn't have to BUY a fucking MAP
>The map should fill itself out AUTOMATICALLY AS I PLAY
>I shouldn't have to sit at a fucking BENCH for the map to update
>This is fucking RETARDED
>How am I supposed to navigate without an instantly-updating fully-automatic map available at ALL TIMES?
>Look at the environment? What the fuck are you talking about?
>There should be a MINIMAP always on-screen
>How the FUCK are you meant to play the game if you have to hold a button to look at the map
>You can't even fucking run with the map out
>I came here to PLAY A GAME not to have to actually fucking remember the layout of the areas
>When I enter a new area the game is UNPLAYABLE because I don't have the map yet
>The map guy should meet you at the ENTRANCE of each area
>I paid for a fucking ACTION GAME not fucking hide-and-seek with the map guy

Spotted the game journalist
wh dont you go play something more your speed like a mobile gacha or cardgame shit?

>being this upset over a single piece of criticism of a minor feature
This is beyond fanboyism, you're a cultist.

Optional just like Cornifer?

Based pretend retard

is this a copypasta

>assblasted casualfag gets called out on his faggotry
>nooo im not bad its you!
next you'll be saying that HK and silksong need easy modes or some shit
This game isnt for you, brainlet. fuck off

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW

>here, have MORE spoilers, we'll hang them out until you are no longer excited about the game because 90% of it is spoiled
>nah, no release date
Fucking cunts.

Good to see they want it to be at least as big as the original though.

when's other bugkino coming out, the paper Mario clone

I need this game so fucking badly

Attached: C4263FA9-5AD8-493A-AAD4-372645F69718.jpg (720x540, 111K)

Eh they probably showed nothing though. All they said was probably like what 4-5% of the game? Also they pretty much said what we could see from the Treehouse livestream.

La-Mulana isn't for everyone, user...

Have some god damn patience.

Just 2019
youtube.com/watch?v=SMtWxdQoljQ

How about the devs have some fucking patience and don't spoil entire in-game areas and full boss fights for me years before the release?

It's just mechanics and stuff like that, so it's fine.

I actually wish more games had mapsystem like that
Compas and minimap ruined many games for me
Now i even hide all ui in skyrim and it feels like adventure even if I spend 50% of the time searching for the entrance to the fucking cave#122

What makes you think they will do that though?

>Trial of the Fool
Well that's me tilted.

They're talking about mechanics they showed off in the fucking demo, they didnt spoil anything
>no details on crests
>no details on any tools
>no new details on Lace, sharpe and any other group
>tthe only area they spoiled not in the demo is the silksong version of deepnest, about which they didnt say anything other than it's fucking huge

>character named "Hornet" is actually a silkworm

She's actually a spider

So do you think money is more or less valuable now that it will be lost on death?

>unironically using the s word
user, the proper term is deepnest-hallownestian.

Hornet's mother was Herrah, The Beast.
"Beast" in Hollow Knight parlance appears to refer to spiders more than anything else.
An abandoned concept for the game was that Hornet was the child of three queens. Born to Herrah, raised by the White Lady, and trained by Vespa. That's why she's called "Hornet", because she was trained and named in The Hive. That concept got cut, but the name "Hornet" remained.

>especially if it stays inside the boss room
Some footage at E3 showed someone dying to Lace and the cocoon was still in the boss room.

Sorry, but Hollow Knight actually requires you to navigate the environment rather than just turning your brain off and staring at a map. Which is how literally every single other fucking game on the planet operates these days.

Attached: I am the Alpha and the Omega. Who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.png (143x182, 33K)

>Wow hornet How come the Wyrm let you have three moms and I grew up in a giant hole?

Attached: hornet.gif (160x185, 40K)

>Sounds to me like it opens some interesting strategies
Pop it when you are low on health for instant full silk into full heal. Such strategy much wow. Literally an easymode button for bossfights after you fail once.

Look at her go

What? No comment on how the quest system works?

Why not just buy a bunch of paper upfront?

>(what is unironically based as fuck)
Damn, we almost made it a whole post without zoomer lingo.

Pretty sure that was op

Cornifer is likely the only person in Hallownest to actually have any paper in stock and he's never at home until you actually buy all his maps.

enemies are probably going to be way faster and more aggressive to balance it out

Tough love, kiddo.

I don't think 3 masks of health regen will make much of a difference if you suck. In order to utilise that you need to take care you don't pop the cocoon too early with your attacks.
the Lace fight we saw in Treehouse gameplay is supposed to be equivalent to hornet test of skill but it already looks harder than Hornet 1.

>new map NPC is basically a cross between Cornifer and Iselda
B A S E D

Attached: 1080df225c576e01d9b38bb2fb3215df_original.png (700x389, 364K)

That's what I figured. It was a pretty good post, until OP's zoomer tic.

Ba falanda?

Cornifer's humming is one of the most comforting noises in vidya.

Losing the ability to map is kind of contrived, but ultimately better for exploration. Since you can get lost in a new area.

I'm kind of sick of you guys with zero sense of navigation, crying about getting lost. When getting lost is half the fun.

Does spider have pusspuss?

Attached: a05d187335a7947da6a603756796e11e1e90e75f.png (1164x1280, 1.74M)

bapanada retard

You shouldn't rush art

>those healing and death mechanics
The devs are literally giving you safety net after safety net so that they can design even more autistic challenges.

Does going overcharmed stack with boss damage? If I get hit by NKG will I take 4 damage per hit?

Attached: latest.png (218x141, 16K)

yes

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS QUEST. I CAN DO THE WHOLE ROUTE EASY EVEN WITH INFECTED CROSSROADS.

BUT AT THE GODDAMN END IS A FUCKING PLATFORM FULL OF SPIKES THAT REQUIRE TIGHT CONTROLS. FUCK EVERYTHING

Haha, how would Hornet's cocoon smell like? I bet it smells funny haha

inb4 it's their kid

I doubt anyting will ever be as autistic as Pantheon of Hallownest with all bindings.

Do your best

Well fuck them for making me waste 2 notches on that useless piece of shit grimmchild. He belongs in a dumpster

ba banada?

Just practice the ending a few times.

Zote playable when? it was scrapped in Hollow Knight, but now they have money and time

Attached: zote[1].png (300x300, 33K)

Grubberfly's Elegy and other stuff like Grimmchild/Glowing Womb can go a long way. Just remove the minions before entering Fog Canyon.

NKG is easy, you can do it with no charms equipped. He has the least randomness out of the three endgame bosses.

No memes allowed.

Why do you want to play as a loser?

Go to the tomb, then backtrack all the way to the lesbug killing everything and DONT SAVE. It's like Dark Souls, where resting on a bonfire respawns everything, it's much easier if you kill all enemies beforehand
Some small critters will respawn though, but they're weak. If you need to fill your soul use the hot springs on the way

I'd rather play as Quirell to be honest. My favorite NPC design was Tiso but my God how they shit on him.
>dies offscreen
>gets baited in a boss intro

Attached: 1537061716205.png (141x58, 16K)

>Grubberfly's Elegy+unbreakable strength+quick slash
I'M INTERESTED IN THIS

Attached: SOTN_Crissaegrim[1].gif (185x90, 377K)

There's no way they could make playing as Zote fun.

>blocks your path

Attached: ca171f211b5bd443f577b957846e0545.jpg (640x800, 25K)

>Lace is voiced by Mitsuki Hashimoto, one of the earliest and most active members of Hollow Knight’s fan art community.
Who?

So how many of you fell for it?

Attached: Millibelle[1].png (185x218, 24K)

>The last thing we want to do is make promises, only to see things slide.

Those poor aussie lads got traumatized when they kept promising Godmaster and the Switch release was soon.

I didn't use the bank that much. What in-game event triggers the bamboozle?

Attached: hollow batte.png (768x768, 287K)

The Gorgeous, Terrifying, Fearless, Invincible Zote obviously needs his own game to recount his many adventures and achievements. It will surely be Team Cherry's Magnum Opus.

Attached: tumblr_pdnyhsGHOM1sqq5tno1_400.jpg (259x600, 28K)

>days without Jewish tricks: 0

Zote didn't reach the kickstarter goal so never ever-

Should have put more money into it you cheapass nerds.

yes, I've seen it before

Store 3000

I did and when I found her at the hot springs I attacked not knowing it would get my money back, that was fun

Got a perfect idea for a Zote mode. Since he can't damage at all due to shellwood nail, he has to complete the whole game with nothing but running away and dodging
>but what about bosses or necessary kills
charms have summons so he has to depend on those. Basically a pacifist mode starring Zote. It might not be fun for many, but its an interesting mode to play as long as his dialogue is present

How do I PM Team Cherry on this?

Attached: 1531432107812.jpg (833x925, 88K)

Better get used to Hollow Knight's map system because from what I can see new indie metroidvania devs are definitely going to copy that. Fuck. In fact, Ori 2 is already using that map system.

It's a good map system

It's going to be a split.

Other indie devs are either going to try their hand at HK's map or stick to the tried and true map of the classics --- which Bloodstained bought back in full regard.

Everything's new to us at some point. Don't sweat it.

Attached: 1556571508993.png (1161x1515, 508K)

Heads up, fags. The link OP posted spoils an apparently big area in the game. Better to just read the OP post.

God if only I had three mommies

LITERALLY BLOODBORNE TO THE FIRST GAME'S DARK SOULS

HKFAGS WILL DEFEND THIS

I just spent 2-3 hours doing the flower quest

Attached: 1551313214104.jpg (494x613, 23K)

>‘When it matches the quality and scale of Hollow Knight.'
So they want it to be as large as Hollownest. Sequel indeed.

Wasted 3.5k on her, but it was worth it at the very end

Hornet is cute!

I hope the launch will be more solid now that they have some experience. Day 1 HK had some serious bugs like missing arena rewards.

>EVEN WITH INFECTED CROSSROADS.
Why would you even go through the crossroads? Easiest route is city -> fungal wastes -> fog canyon -> gardens.

>bug game has bugs
could be a one big meta shitposting. They're aussies after all

Attached: 1491258551342.png (257x283, 104K)

They're building off the base off HK so one can hope that it'll be actually optimized.

I still remember some of the awful shit that happened during its week 1 release:
>people could barely fight Failed Champion because of the lag
>the Hive was another complete lag fest
>the tramways could potentially crash your game
>lots of shit related to the Colosseum
And probably small things that I barely remember since I played it like two years ago.

I did, but I think it really just drove the point home for me how little geo actually means in this game since losing that money ended up not affecting me at all.

can someone redpill me on the DLC? I've played the base game through to completion once and really can't be bothered to play through again. does the DLC add anything other than boss rushes?

It's all free

Are you supposed to be able to blitz him when he's screaming at the intro or did I glitch it?

Attached: B_TheCollector.png (320x287, 19K)

We always talk about Eastern and Western games, are we finally seeing the emergence of the southern games industry?
>city
Just beeline it through Crossroads then Greenpath and Fog Canyon. Only problem I had was that I forgot to pull a lever before so I had to take the long way around Queen's Gardens

>does the DLC add anything other than boss rushes
There are 7 new bosses.

New bosses

>First one
Just two bosses, but you can re-fight them and they get harder each time
>Second
Some more bosses, a mini-collectathon and a few new charms. Integrates nicely into the game world. Final boss of DLC storyline was the hardest content at the time, moreso than Radiance.
>Third
Massive boss rush arena detached from the game world, balls to the wall difficulty and nothing but boss after boss after boss. New ending that's kind of not as good as the true one from base game.

New content like bosses, maps and charms. Be warned though, the Grimm DLC can break the balance of the base game cause it lets you turn fragile charms into unbreakable

New charms

so long as compass isn't a tool we're good

*WHEEZES AT YOU*

Attached: zaiisey-ana-viana-grimm-a5.jpg (1240x1754, 379K)

I'd prefer to call it the Specter Knight to Hollow Knight's Shovel Knight.
Or maybe King Knight if Yacht Club finally gets off their fatasses and focused on developing the game instead of shilling out more cameos

>there are people in this thread that will insist this fight is difficult
>there are people in this thread that will insist this fight is well designed
>there are people in this thread that will defend releasing a recolored boss with doubled damage

That new healing mechanic is very good. Less down time during travelling and opens for more frantic enemy/boss design.

>opens for more frantic enemy/boss design.
Oh boy just what we need

Attached: 054.jpg (600x682, 25K)

Of course it's what we need. The harder they can push the limits of the mechanics the better.

Probably not its 3 dudes making the entire game.

>Silksong difficulty picks up where Godmaster left off

Attached: nervous_hissing.gif (357x479, 252K)

Haha yeah man prepare to die

I don't mind hard content as long as it's paced well. Godhome was just a chore. No satisfaction of improving when fighting bosses starts feeling like a job.

There are people in this thread that will defend dream versions of past bosses.

Yes, but these threads haven’t been craving it, lately.

cringe basedboy

Swing and a miss champ

Attached: Capture.png (336x97, 4K)

Stop it, snake. My dick will get too erect!

You can just, you know, not look at it. I just came to this thread to learn about the healing system and that's it.

two cringe basedboys

Have sex

where is this quote from?

this comment aged well

Fuck me I remember the input lag day one.
Somehow I got around it by using a ds4 instead of an Xbox controller.

FUCK off id rather play a rushed game today than a good game in 2 years.

Nibbler

Nah nigger. It means you don't stop in middle of fights to heal anymore. You wait till you are low as fuck then pop it. Aka faster boss fights.