Should I play the original, I have it for the PS1, or is there a really good translation that is worth sticking to PC?

Should I play the original, I have it for the PS1, or is there a really good translation that is worth sticking to PC?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dckf-r8seks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PC has mod support if you're into that

I played the PC version just so I wouldn't have to change disks

>I played the PC version just so I wouldn't have to change disks
Fuck zoomers

the pc/steam version has a bunch of mods and tweaks that aren't quite available for the psx version.

But are the mods and tweaks worth it? I kind of want to play it on the PS1 just for that "comfy" feel but I don't want to be missing out on something if the translation is really bad.

>Hating on 90s localization
The translation is fine. If you're going to be autistic about "the original intent of the screenwriters" then you should just learn Japanese. The only reason to play on PC is if you give a shit about graphics mods or don't want to swap discs twice.

pardon the stupid meme, but the PS1 translation has the most soul.

a lot of the good lines that add depth and humor to the characters got toned down in subsequent releases. yeah, there are some typos and stuff in the PS1 version, but the overall delivery is better.

Attached: 1560553881287.jpg (2894x4093, 2.72M)

I don't know how true this is, but I remember hearing someone say that the only truly bad part of the FF7 translation is the typos and that it stays pretty true to the jap version.

>using anime fanart Tifa
Deep down you know.

If it was for a replay, I'd recommend the fan translated PS1 version but if it is your first play through, play the og PS1 release. It is not like the translation of the og is Breath of Fire II tier bad.

There's a big mod that retranslates the entire game from the original Japanese script

I've never used it and I've never seen anyone really bring it up or discuss it around here, though, even though it's been out for years

Play the Japanese International version for the PS1. Anything else is shit for EOP subhumans.

>sucking yourself off because you learned moonrunes
pathetic

The newer releases are the same translation, just with some errors fixed.

check the first youtube video that comes up.
Also... "angriest pat tweetline" and answers to that dude from like yesterday.

But in short:
only PSX version has the good backgrounds, unless you mod the PC version. The regular ports all have blurred backgrounds. The PC version has still slightly worse music than the other versions. There is a bug that restarts music on the map after every encounter in both 7 and 9. On PC this bug still persists it seems, but other ports have it patched, except 9.
Some people report problems with FF7 modding and crashes (can happen ofc). If you can, you can try and get the PC version and mod it, using AI enhanced backgrounds. It's probably better if you dont have a CRT. If you do, just play the original on a CRT.

youtube.com/watch?v=dckf-r8seks

Not sure about the PS4 version, but the music bug is actually only partially fixed on Switch. The original PS1 version remembers where the music left off when entering/exiting towns. This isn't the case in the Switch version, it starts over every time you enter the overworld. Still tolerable though.

Play the PS1 version, the PC version runs like dogshit and they added mouths to it which makes it look retarded.

Seriously if you have it for the PS1, just play that. The PC version kills all the charm. The PS4 version fixed some of the problems of the PC version, but in my opinion the original ps1 version is best because having HD models for box monster characters on pre-rendered backgrounds just looks horrible.

>I kind of want to play it on the PS1 just for that "comfy" feel

Do it, trust me, go with your gut instinct. PS1 version definitely feels comfier than the later ports.

Translation isn't even that bad, you posted the worst of it, that's as bad as it gets. There's one other line where Sephiroth says "moved into the planet, and moved out" when he meant to say "move into the land, moved out" but as far as I know, that's also in the PC version. It implies the cetra were kind of space travellers which is retarded.

I also agree with this user. Plus PS1 version can be played anywhere. A PSP, a Vita, a PS2 or 3 plus anything that can emulate PS1 can play FF7. Of course you can go full old school, get a CRT TV, a modded PS1, burn the discs and enjoy it like that. PS1 version gives lots of options.

>Do it, trust me
I don't know user. That is a big commitment.

He says he has the original ps1 discs in OP, which means all he needs is either a ps1, ps2, or ps3 console to play it.

Then a CRT is a must if he goes with PS1 discs purely because of how shitty they look on modern displays. Or something like framemeister. Can't really comment on PS3, never used it for PS1 games.

It takes literally 15 seconds and you only do it twice in this entire 50+ hour game

Yeah, I have all the playstation consoles with a flatscreen CRT

Looks great on PC with mods and crt shaders

>Then a CRT

Not really, can the character models and background will be standard resolution anyway. What looks awful is the "new" versions with HD-rendered polygon on low-res prerendered backgrounds which look absolutely awful. I played FF7 recently using my old ps1 cds but on a ps3 but on a new tv, and it looks pretty much the same as the old.

Also ignore everyone saying play it with mods. For your first playthrough just play it as the original devs intended and enjoy it like everyone else did for the first time

Name every character "Sephiroth".

Should I name Sephiroth Cloud?