Everyone including even Pro players telling them to take out sprint

>Everyone including even Pro players telling them to take out sprint
>It's still almost definitely going to be in the game
Who else not going to buy this piece of shit?

Attached: halo-1174388-1280x0[1].jpg (1280x718, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_eF9vcILW4
youtube.com/watch?v=3pA0_KrBv-8
youtube.com/watch?v=F10pOUrnURE
youtu.be/u6YdPRyW0DA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=B_eF9vcILW4
Also forgot vid

>Gaylo
>pro players
>thread is unironic
This place hasn't gone downhill, it fell off a cliff.

>Saying this when there are people who defend shit movie games

>it's okay because other people are also cancer!
Grow up.

It is

"No!"

We have nothing on the gameplay yet you faggot, don't jump to conclusions. We can judge it when we see it

But I can jump to the conclusion because 343 is retarded

Me. I tried playing Halo 5 again the other day and it just doesn't feel like Halo. They can remove clamber, thrusters and all the other cancer but as long spring remains it will never be Halo.

listen im and old school halo player but in this day and age not being able to sprint in an fps is like a step backwards. dont get me wrong i loved halo 2 and 3 etc but sprinting is pretty much non negotiable at this this point.

>all these idiots that don't realize Halo Infinite will be what Destiny was supposed to be all along

You are a fucking retard.
>Don't something bad is good because it's "going forward"
I guess adding trannies to every game is as well right?

theres a reason halo got blown out and it was because cod was the better fps. and why was it better? well for one thing sprinting was available.

unfortunately as the times change nobody wants to go back to an archaic system. i mean you couldnt run in goldeneye bro and that was out in 98 or some shit.

the kids today dont want to not have the option to run.

>it was the better FPS
It had better marketing. Lol, I guess Fornite is the best game ever then.

>Everyone including even Pro players telling them to take out sprint
Plebs

This.
>*buys lootboxes and get's fucked by a black man*

The original Halo trilogy never needed a sprint function because Masterchief and Arbiter are already Sprinting in game. You push the analog stick forward and your character is dashing like Usain Bolt even for a mere second.

dont even try that cod4 was way better than halo3

And theres a reason FPS using that movement system died
Hint it's that movement system
It's a relic from the past leave it there. Halo is much more than walking speed on crack

lol

>has gone
100% youre here from the 2016 elections since youre only now seeing the change in standards.

Keep dreaming, newfag.

>immediately jumps to newfag
Hello newfaggot

I wish. Then I could be oblivious like you.

I immediately lost hope when they couldn't even afford BLUR for their reveal

If faggots can jump to positive conclusions aready we can shit on them aswell.

Youre as oblivious about this place as you can get electionbaby

wtf is wrong with sprint? i love that shit. reach was the best halo game

Stay mad newshit

Stay new newfetus

Dont bother to try and understand, all future halos will have sprint anyway.

Go shitpost in a tranny or eceleb thread you cancer.

>t. underage redditor

t.hilldawg magatard

I just wonder if they'll still include ADS. I'm still convinced that was only added to Halo 5 just because 343 saw bungie doing it and thought it'd be okay with Halo fans, no matter how awkward it feels on some guns.

Facts. Sprinting is pretty much a main stay at this point no matter how hard profags want it to not be the case. Sprint was always supposed to be in Halo ever since Halo 2. You mean to tell me a super soldier can't run?
>comparing trannies to fucking sprint
Idiot

Obsessed

Youre a confirmed 2016 NPC election bandwagoner.
Fuck off cancer.

theres only one place this games going

Attached: 1560192823818.png (1199x675, 775K)

Here's another reply for you.

Probably since sprint and ADS is the two industry standards, removing either will have babies wondering why they cant aim their gun or sprint.

OP here, thanks for the bumps snoyboy.

Attached: 1519432864157.png (416x335, 125K)

Good joke.

>still bumping
Do you have nothing better to do than bumping a thread about a game you hate you worthless tranny?

Here's another one.

CS:GO has neither sprint nor ADS so all of you fucking retards saying they are necessary are undoubtedly braindead

I don't mind sprint desu. I hated all the extra shit they added in Halo 3 desu but that's just me. I know I'm in the minority here on that one. Dual wielding in Halo 2 was amazing and they just neutered it and added extra shit like shields in Halo 3 that were completely unnecessary. Then when reach came out no more dual wielding and instead we had armor abilities. And for some reason people like to hate on sprint. I don't get it.

you fuckin serious retard? you sound like you just turned 18, prolly played that shit with your older brother when you were a little kid. A slow console shooter with short ass ttk is lame as fuck

sprint ruins map design and weapon sandbox, its a pretty huge issue if you just bothered to search for it for a minute you would get it
Halo 3 shields were also pickups, essentially another grenade type, theyre not comparable

I only care about MCC on PC. Anything after that actually being good is just a bonus.

Reach single handedly killed the multiplayer playerbase permanently, and was a steaming pile of shit that I will be skipping along with 3 (3 is just a slow paced halo 2 with shittier maps) to play 1 and 2, which I already do on project cartographer currently.
>sprint is a get out of jail free card for poor positioning
>maps were supersized to accomodate for sprint (a small Reach map is equivalent to a med-large 1-3 map), negating any supposed speed benefit, and adding pointless sequences of running from point A to point B just to get to the action in these giant maps
>plus it lead to double melee spam since they removed bleed through for no reason
>headshots no longer did more damage when shielded, reducing the skill gap and therefore the potential to improve and grow as a player
>movement speed and jump height were reduced, and rather than instantly changing direction, you would gradually slow down, stop, then accelerate in the opposite direction. This turned 1v1's into a "who shot first", whereas in the past, a good player could be 2-3 down but still have a chance thanks to creative use of jumping/crouching/ghandi hops/strafing
>grenade launcher was actually amazing for the competitive and casual scene so ill give them that
>bloom slowed the game to a crawl at long range, and gave the potential to reward poor play at close range, and added randomness to the only modern console shooter that separated itself by having balanced arena combat
>vehicles were made of paper, team DMR fire could take down a banshee/warthog etc within seconds, rendering them pointless to use unless you fight retards
>DMR killed BTB map movement since it was a cross mapping god, if it was a map pickup power weapon lite like the PP it would have worked perfectly
>armor lock literally pauses the game while you wait for the inevitable
I can keep going if anyone wants to know more about why the playerbase abandoned this pile of shit after only a year

Attached: 1559181783830.jpg (640x508, 111K)

Some real aggressive shitposting in this thread. To be frank, there's no way they would get rid of sprinting. Rebalance it, try to alter it, maybe, they at least did that much in Halo 5, but regardless of what classic fans want it's not something they can liberally let go because it would be "taking a step back".

Personally I think one way to mix it up and not just be a CoD sprint would be to go for a directional boost set up, keeping you going in one movement direction with very minor mid-boost adjustment, but with a gauge to manage (and can overheat) and you can fire mid-boost. They've got the thrusters and shit, but fuck the offensive Spartan Abilities in H5.

Attached: this partys gettin cuhrazy.gif (271x480, 3.07M)

>Add sprint
>Make all the maps bigger to accommodate it
>Add dash/clamber
>Ruin map flow to accommodate it
Name a single iconic map from 4/5. Their best maps are on par with forgettable trash maps like Isolation and Longshore.

Attached: SprintHalo.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

343 being pussies and not applying the TU game-wide ruined everything. It splintered the fanbase by having 4 different versions of the same game.

I remember those days. By the time they released those updates the playerbase had already died and moved on. The only people that actually knew about it were those who were on forums like waypoint, but that's only a tiny sliver of the fanbase. and while the title update fixed bloom, it still couldnt fix the deeply ingrained flaws with the player movement anyway. Also if you played CE:A Reach multiplayer, it really didn't feel right. It was trying to emulate CE in Reach, but CE is a smooth fast paced console arena fps, and Reach is slow and plagued by movement acceleration. Also, i dont think they got the clip size right on the magnum but i might be remembering that wrong. it was still better than vanilla tho. Also more things wrong with Reach:
>jetpack completely negates the concept of map control (inb4 "hurr durr it makes you a sitting duck" if you are a retard, then yes, but a semi-competent seventh grader like myself back in 2010 was smart enough to abuse it and carry my team by completely ignoring the opponents good positioning)
>maps were unmemorable garbage aside from Zealot, and even that is based off of a Halo 2 map
>XP system in 3 actually required you to win and penalized quitting, EXP in Reach rewards you for losing, even being afk, and if you were even somewhat good all your opponents would quit, or your whole team would leave since quitting had no punishment, except for when theyd ban you for 20 minutes if you quit an obscene amount of games in a row
>they perfected nades in 2/3, then completely butchered them with the return of mini-nukes
>if you wanted to play on a good map, it had to be Zealot or be completely grey
>evade worked great as a map pickup, too bad they went with loadouts further making Halo more of a random generic shooter. according to Reach fags on Waypoint back in 2010-2012, making things the same as everybody else while taking away what made the series great is necessary because "Halo had to evolve"

The most I can think of is that Valhalla map from Halo 3 in 4, but looking somehow less appealing.

Didn't they give only the AUG ADS for some reason?

>Name a single iconic map from 4/5
Fuck, I can't do it.

>but in this day and age not being able to sprint in an fps is like a step backwards
Tell that to CS. That game doesn't have sprint, and still more popular than Halo.

Attached: 1553018023941.jpg (512x523, 36K)

The AUG has an aimpoint sight, and it operates like a scoped weapon does in that regard.

>return of mini-nukes
Reach grenades were their own flavor of cancer. I think CE had the most perfect grenades in the series because they couldn't be shot out of your hand and the fuse timer didn't begin until the grenade came to rest. The "bounce off the floor to blow up in your face" shit was terrible.

Fuck you Longhsore was great for one flag.

I personally will wait for game to come out before deciding.

Yes but for the better part of 7 years the AUG has been quite a bad weapon, they buffed it and received backlash because it was too strong and now its nerfed. ADS isn't necessary unless on specific weapons centered around use of their scopes.

People still play reach... 9 years later

CS might as well have sprint. You put away your gun to move faster than normal. The only difference is you're pressing 3 instead of shift.

theyre all south americans that pick the same shitty maps and just play standard playlist slayer
thats meaningless

>Reach was the best halo game

>knife
not sprint, its like calling grenade jumps or grabbing the sword a sprint, sprint is when you put down your weapon and move faster for a short burst that can be done with any weapon.

To be fair it's a rigged idea to begin with, considering the toss up between genuine maps that aren't very interesting and Forge-made rotations.

Attached: 1542226298201.png (950x596, 178K)

That's a semi trade off though since you don't have your weapon equipped. Sprint has no real downsides other than weapon pull up time.

I like mobility. Sue me.

Vertigo. Pretty nice map aside from easy to abuse spawnkilling.

How is it not sprint? You put your gun away in order to move faster.

They both ruin games

>only people who care about Halo are fans of the original games
>modern games like doom 2016 have no sprint and were still a huge success
>LOL BUT DUDE IF WE DON'T HAVE SPRINT THEN CAWDOOTY KIDS WONT BUY THE GAME
big surprise, 343 is made of homosex and are going to fuck things up again. halo will never be good until they go back to basics and make something that actually feels like CE, which will never happen.

Attached: C458FDBB-7C27-41D8-BBE0-FF9C18DA2A18.jpg (1107x604, 82K)

>HOW CAN YOU TELL ITS SHIT ITS NOT OUT YET
What is Halo 4?
What is Halo 5?
What is 343's gross mishandling of Reach?
What is 343 gross mishandling of MCC?
What are 343s shitty little spin-off games?
What is 343rd Reichs straight nazi level moderation on Waypoint and in Discord?
What is 343s completely fucking shit ass Matchmaking Truskill BS?
What is 343s shit art direction, shit sound direction, shit plot direction, shit menu design, shit game design, shit level design, shit gameplay design?
what is 343's adding of Microtransactions, armors that change your stats, QTEs, FP talking NPC cutscenes?
What is 343's so utterly soulless art style that it's impossible to tell Nu-doom from Nu-Halo 5?
what is 343s horrendous community management, what is 343s horrendous political stances, terrible books, terrible comics, terrible merchandise, terrible stories, terrible live action shorts, terrible animes?

Literally no argument while pretending to not be underageb&

Bungie tried adding a fourth pillar to Halo and failed twice. It surprises me 343 even tried consideirng the original creators couldn't even find a way to introduce new mechanics.

If you like mobility you wouldn't like spring then you fucking retard.

>What is 343's gross mishandling of Reach?
The only mistake they made was keeping the pre-patch shit in matchmaking and splitting the waning playerbase between 20 playlists.

>Overwatch doesn't have sprint
>Doom doesn't have sprint
>COD hasn't been popular in years
>B-BUT WE NEEEEEED SPRINT

I just want a Warzone that isn't RNG based. I'd be interested then. Though I don't think I'd trust 343 to balance it without said RNG considering they're incompetent fucks.

343 are ideas guys unbounded by anything but a contract to make more Halo, this shouldn't surprise you.

For the same reason i explained, its weapon specific.
Switching to a knife mid shooting is certified death while sprinting away in halo is a 50% chance of survival.

>WAHHHH HALO BAD BECAUSE OF SPRINT WAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Oldfags everyone

not him but halo 3 was trash. don't get me wrong, many nights were spent playing drunk Valhalla matches with buddies, but that was about all it was good for. campaign was absolute trash, forge was a glorified weapon set editor, weapons universally felt like garbage, etc. cod4 was easily the better game between the two.

>Oldfags
That isn't an insult.

>The only mistake they made was keeping the pre-patch shit in matchmaking
Which is a huge one.
>Hey everyone hates bloom and the retardedly massive EMP from AA
>Bungie fix it
>343 add it back in with the first fucking patch they made for the game

Overwatch is a different genre of shooter, and honestly barely a shooter depending on who you play. Doom 2016's multiplayer sucked so hard that Eternal is dropping all competitive multiplayer modes in favor of their one Slayer vs. two Demons Battle Mode gimmick. Call of Duty is more popular than you think, even despite all the criticism it and Battlefield get abroad.

i didn't say that at all, but adding sprint was one of many reasons the series turned to shit, in addition to armor abilities.

It's not weapon-specific. You are never without a knife in CS, and always have the option to press 3 for a speed boost.
>Switching to a knife mid shooting is certified death while sprinting away in halo is a 50% chance of survival.
You also die in 1 shot in CS.
Is it not considered sprint in other low-TTK games where you die if you try and do it mid-combat?

And COD was a different Genre of shooter from Halo

Nobody has cared about Doom multiplayer since Quake came out. The single player is what people care about; and that still achieves the goal of making the player feel agile and powerful. Even without sprint.

boo hoo i cant say nigger in their discord.

And 343 wanted to shift Halo's genre, which puts us in a circular loop. You're never getting no-Sprint Halo again so long as they think they need to compete to be relevant.

Then shift to a genre that doesn't have fucking sprint

And Quake Champions is basically dying, so that didn't turn out well for anyone on the multiplayer front, did it?

>Sprint =/= movement increment
Yeah, it depends of the weapons weight.

So can we all agree one flag and CTF are the best modes? I'm glad we can. Also Reach flighting news is today supposedly to start this weekend.

Attached: playermodel.ashx.png (320x704, 202K)

>Add sprint
>Suddenly stop being relevant

Charge and groundpound were total horseshit and made the game a contest of who can run around like a headless chicken the most. Honestly the thrusters and sprint weren't horribly balanced in the absence of other abilities, but adding offensive abilities to them kind of took away the balancing disincentive for getting that speed boost. Halo 5's multiplayer was still a blast due to the excellent weapon sandbox and unexpectedly kinda good maps, but any game with it's annoying extra elements and totally bullshit cosmetic progression can only ever get a 7/10 at best. This is not counting the horrifically bad campaign, which I didn't even bother to finish.

Quake Champs is dead because literally the least optimized piece of shit to release in years. Every game everyone stutters like mad.

I find it ironic how liberals always assume that the desire for free speech must be rooted in racism, when they themselves can only say retarded shit because of free speech.

Wrong. You get banned for anything, and considering that's the only argument you have, you're been btfo

I wasn't talking about Champions, I was talking about Quake 1. Doom multiplayer was hot shit at the time because there wasn't anything else like it, but it quickly became outdated to the point where nobody really cares about it anymore. Single player has been the focus of Doom any time past 1996.

It's easy to sum Sprint up as a completely unrecoverable failure because it's mostly been in shit Halo games. But don't kid yourself, Halo became irrelevant for a multitude of reasons, and sprint was a mole on the camel's ass compared to the real bugbears in the room.

Attached: oh no.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

Halo becoming a COD clone in a sea of COD clones instead of standing out like it used to is what killed it.

I always find it odd how many people complain about Halo 5's campaign. Aside from only playing as Chief for 3 missions, it was the same shit as any other Halo. None of them have particularly good single players compared to really any pre-2000 shooter.

>You also die in 1 shot in CS.
Good you bring this up because this is also a huge balance point.
The instant killtime in CS allows it to really tight maps with not alot of open space similar to the original halos.
The shooting and moving with knife in CS is also so seperated it has no effect on the balance of guns and maps either because a player with knife out is just an easy kill.
Halo is different because the shooting and sprinting is too combined and it creates really shitty maps and sandbox, the maps are too open because of the long kill times and the weapons are too forgiving/accurate because of the sprint.

I'm not saying that sprinting is good for Halo, that was never the argument. I'm just saying that CS has sprint mechanics in every way but a name and appearance.

you don't get banned for everything, you get banned for being toxic and raging. you contribute nothing to the community except raging against the game not being CE. you want the game catered to you and your little niche friends playstyle, when thats not what the community wants as a whole.

The addition of sprint signaled a paradigm shift in design attitude. It was no longer about "what gameplay mechanics make for the best game?" and more about "what gameplay mechanics are popular?". Halo never needed sprint because it was slow, plodding and tactical. Adding a momentary burst of speed that prevents you from responding to enemy fire is completely out of line with Halo's original design philosophy. Reach was the beginning of the end -- DMR, armor abilities, faster movement, execution kills... it was never the same since.

You sound like a guy who gets snooty about flavors of canned cheese.

its not sprint though, switching to a weapon with a certain benefit is not sprint.
If i grab a gravity hammer and bounce myself around or a sword and get a speed boost, its not sprint.

>accurate weapons are bad
Spoken like a true 2007fag.

What killed Halo is a more complicated description of your gist. It tried to become mainstream in design, but its new ideas alienated old time fans, while doing nothing to attract new fans. The baffling part is that they didn't really need to attract new fans, Halo was synonymous with Xbox alongside CoD4 and shit instead of completely supplanted by it, but it's like Reach's lukewarm reception caused 343 to overcompensate. That and they gave idiots the keys to the license to do with as they please, and suddenly tossed out more than just the established gameplay by raping the art style, fucking the plot, destroying the lore, and countless other problems.

I'm somehow optimistic enough to still think Sprint can be theoretically recovered, even with Infinite trying so hard to proclaim its love for nostalgia I doubt 343 would ever go full original trilogy in gameplay. I'm not so stubborn as to think the series shouldn't ever change. But 343 has none of the worthwhile talent that mattered from the Bungie games, just ideas guy eggheads thinking they can budge the market when all they had to do was do what was done well.

lmao the community doesn't want anything because the community doesn't exist you fucking faggot. our little "niche" is the only thing that matters because people who like the original games are the only people who ever came and stayed.

Giving up your weapon in exchange for extra speed is sprint. You're not doing anything like rocket jumps, you just switch weapons and your basic WASD movement goes faster.

>343 credits have been added to your war chest

>accurate weapons are bad
How do you even divine something like this out of me simply saying the name "DMR"? It has nothing to do with accuracy retard, just that it's sickeningly overpowered in comparison to literally everything else, thus ruining the game balance. CE and 3 had precision weapons too, but they didn't ruin anything.

>it's sickeningly overpowered in comparison to literally everything else
So it's a Bungie headshot weapon?

>Giving up your weapon in exchange for extra speed is sprint.
Not really, sprint is a short boost of speed and then your char gets tired.
Knife in CS and Killing floor is just a simple 10% increase in speed forever, KF2 has sprint and its so, so more different than Killing floor 1.

Shut the fuck up xenonfucker.

Attached: HaloBalance.jpg (2100x5709, 1.28M)

Why are Halo 1-3 fans so well-spoken and reasonable but sprintkiddies are so intolerably retarded and can't do anything but meme about "2007" and "you just want CE"? Is it because of GMOs? Drifting particles from 9/11? I don't get how even a true zoomer can play something like modern Halo and defend it.

>sprint is a short boost of speed
So it's not sprint in something like Battlefield where it's infinite?

>So it's a Bungie headshot weapon?
That invalidates every other weapon? Yes.

Yes. So it's no different from any other Halo game?

sprint be definition is a short bust of speed, it can be extended, its like jump and then double jump in videogames i guess.

Don't kid yourself, both sides of the debate have had their gibbering retards. It's just easy to make sprint defenders look bad because the games they defend are shit to begin with, making them seem like little more than braindead fanboys.

Does pretending to be retarded excite you sexually or something? Do you get off on being considered a moron?

>So it's no different from any other Halo game?
Name one other Halo game prior to Reach that had an overpowered headshot weapon
>inb4 muh CE magnum
If you thought the CE magnum was an overpowered headshot weapon, you are literally terrible at video games.

>CE and 3 had precision weapons too, but they didn't ruin anything.
CE pistol.
Fuck off.

see

It was the best overall weapon in multiplayer, bar none.

2 and 3. CE's pistol was strong and dominant, but had counterplay. The BR had the same role, but every other weapon lost their specific niches so they had nothing to make up for their longer killtimes.

Reminder Fortnite doesn't have sprint

>It was the best overall weapon in multiplayer, bar none.
There was no best weapon. If you are in one of the bases on Blood Gulch with a pistol, I'm going to shitstomp you with the shotgun or assault rifle, just like I'll shitstomp you with the sniper if you're outside the base. Every weapon was good in a different situation. The only reason the magnum gets a bad rep as being overpowered is because it was satisfying as fuck to use so nobody ever bothered getting good with the other weapons. A legit CE player will make you feel like a sad faggot if you only rely on the pistol.

>If you thought the CE magnum was an overpowered headshot weapon, you are literally terrible at video games.
It may not quite be as headshot deadly as the DMR, but it had a zoom and could take out shields in like 3-4 body shots and kill on the next. 2 headshots in a row was death. DMR was the modern equivalent in a rifle format. And i'm not even saying it's OP, but it was the go to accuracy weapon if you didn't have a sniper rifle, and could outsnipe snipers in medium range encounters.

>HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS SHIT IT ISNT EVEN OUT YET.jpg

>uses specific situations in Blood Gulch as examples
And I can take the tank and destroy you unless you have a rocket launcher.

what the fuck does this have to do with weapon balance? you mean the tank is good in an open environment just like all of the weapons are good in specific environments? wow, who'da thunk. anyway, that would only happen if I didn't have a sniper or you spawn killed me before I could get into the banshee.

BR in 2 and 3 was a joke. It was good in open, narrow environments and nowhere else. I remember playing fags on Pit who'd try to pop me with that shit and I'd be sticking them, molesting them rockets while invisible, shield downing with plasma and finishing with a magnum headshot, etc. easy as fuck to counter if you aren't bad at the game.

Look at this retard. Tell me, what's the difference between having to hit a button and wait to pull your gun back up when you stop and having to hit a button and having to wait to pull your gun back up when you hit another button?

>heh, using actual examples from the game of how each weapon is good for a different scenario? retard... i could kill you with a tank in this specific scenario if you didn't have a weapon that fit the scenario.

>only example is halo 3
Brings me back to my original point of you being a 2007fag. The BR could cross-map in Halo 2.
>shield downing with plasma and finishing with a magnum headshot
You're not outranging a BR with the awful spread it had. It was even less accurate than the BR.

Long weapon switch times are a thing stupid faggot.

>memes about 2007
>sucked so much at the games that he thought Halo 2 BR was overpowered
lol

>memes about the magnum having use past CE
>thinks he's right about anything
heh

so your argument is literally that you're so shit at the game that you couldn't figure out how to use one of the weapons correctly? lol okay kiddo

You'd be right except with guns like SMG and pistol you run just a bit slower than a knife only, but still much faster than a sniper or AR. The mechanics aren't comparable.

The magnum is a straight downgrade to the BR. Worse damage, worse accuracy, fewer projectiles, no scope. In Halo 3's case, you had roughly one trigger pull per minute.

Bruh no halo 2 anniversary didnt have sprint and it was great.

are you retarded? when did I say that a single magnum vs a BR was a good idea? I used the example of downing somebody's shield with plasma and then popping them a magnum headshot, you know, two weapons at once. you are retarded and you know nothing about this game at all.
>Halo 3's case, you had roughly one trigger pull per minute.
hyperbole like this only further demonstrates that you have no idea what you're talking about

>I used the example of downing somebody's shield with plasma and then popping them a magnum headshot
Which would be more effective if you just had a BR. I guess the Spiker is good if you just punch someone in the back with it too.

>Which would be more effective if you just had a BR
no, it wouldn't be, you can down somebody's shield at a close-mid distance with plasma + magnum faster than BR ever could unless you literally stand still and eat headshots. look, your entire argument is based around a lack of understanding, so i'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, but i'd advise you actually try playing the games before discussing this topic in the future.

Limit sprint to very short burst, remove clamber and boost also stick ADS far far far up your ass 343 and I'll be happy.

>Name one other Halo game prior to Reach that had an overpowered headshot weapon

are you pretending to be retarded

A noob combo with a BR is just better than one with a magnum. You only need to land 1 BR bullet from the burst in order to kill after dropping shields.
If a non-BR weapon was worthwhile, it would see use.

I know you silly little 5'3" niggas ain't arguing about the least worst mechanic possibly showing up in this game when there's a shit ton more that could go wrong that need to be under the microscope instead.

Please tell me that being able to do something that a Spartan like MC should be able to naturally do anyway is the thing getting your panties in a bunch.

Because if so, I laugh at you all.

>DUDE CE PISTOL WAS SO OVERPOWERED BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY WEAPON I EVER USED
I used to love hearing faggots like you say this shit on custom edition and then packing their poo poo in with plasma rifle

>what are halo 2 and 3

>B-BUT REALISM
Here's an idea retard. How about you go forward at max speed by having the thumbstick point forward like how it always was?

Games without anything resembling an overpowered headshot weapon

The games where the BR was the single best weapon in the game, bar none?

Get over yourself and accept the fact that running is the most basic ass mechanic in any game featuring functioning legs, which MC has.

It's not about realism, you fucking dipshit, it's about logic. Let the unstoppable spartan run for two seconds, it won't kill your whiny ass or break the game.

>The games where the BR was the single best weapon in the game, bar none?
>it's another "I was shit at the game and didn't know how to use any of the other weapons, so X weapon was overpowered" episode

Remember when 343 said but fuck the br and forced pistol starts? Good times

Holy shit you are underage. You can run without having a "Sprint" button that prevents you from shooting. Doom had sprinting you retard. "Realism" isn't a proper argument. Should you have to manually piss every few hours as well? I bet you would like that you piss fetishist.

Pretty sure his entire point was that the unstoppable spartan should be able to run at his full speed at all times while maintaining perfect accuracy, rather than having to HEAVE HO like a retarded golem and give up the ability to use a weapon just to close a gap.

>i have no argument but you're bad so i win! xD
>better range than most weapons
>higher damage than most weapons
>incredibly common on maps if you aren't spawning with it

Not the user you're responding to but I honestly believe this is the only way sprint can stay. Have it be a short burst and give it a significant recharge rate.

Forced pistol starts makes fucking sense. It makes finding weapons around the map make sense.

>Makes sense
Okay retard, you know what also makes sense? Not fucking with BR/AR starts.

>It sold better because sprinting.
Dont fool yourself. Its because it was a realistic military shooter while halo was future sci-fi. They were released in a time where people had very little gaming knowlege and little timmy with his first console is going to opt for the big boy game with the american shooty man on front because it makes him seem tough to his friends and parents.

In 5? It worked in that game because the pistol was actually good. Better TTK than the BR, but the BR had bleedthrough and a scope.

It was too good. That's my point it made having an AR or a BR retarded.

This was discussed 5 minutes ago with another retard, there doesn't need to be an argument, but let me try to explain this to someone with your kind of uniquely sloped forehead: every weapon is suited to a specific scenario -- if you try using the BR in a tiny room vs. someone with a shotgun, you are going to get raped. If you are using a BR vs. someone hiding behind a rock, popping out with a charged plasma shot and then coming at you with an assault rifle from a reasonable distance, you are going to get raped. If you try using a BR vs. someone with a sniper sitting far away from you, you are going to get raped. Do you get it yet? Every weapon has a purpose. The reason a weapon like the BR is so common is because it has general utility use; that is, it's good in a few common scenarios like a mid-range open space, except being good at the game means avoiding those scenarios and using jewish tactics to dismantle the other player. The reason you think a common weapon is the best is because you are shit at the game and are so creatively limited that all you can imagine doing is strafing left and right while you try to pop headshots, which any intelligent player is going to outwit. If you're playing another retard who thinks the entire game is running around an open space with one weapon, then yeah, the BR is fucking great. Except anybody with a brain isn't going to do that, and realizes the other weapons have much more valuable uses.

If they're still calling the first three games the classic Halo games then I'm sure sprint is in Infinite.

Bungle can die in a ditch for how they treated Marty.

I'm buying it, you competitive fags need to move on already, even Bungie didn't like you.

you can't just drop truthbombs like this on precision fags, user

So you aren't going to buy it?

It didn't. The AR still shred people up close and was worth picking up if you only had a pistol, and the BR was better at cleaning up because the pistol had no bleedthrough. It also got 3 kills per reload, when the pistol only got 2.

This

Halo is still bigger than Doom so I really don't think that matters.

>push button that forces you to lose control in favor of frantically moving in one direction
>mobility

>every weapon is suited to a specific scenario
This was true in CE, but is much less true when all of the other weapons have nothing over the BR. No reason to use the magnum because it has worse DPS and worse accuracy. No reason to use the AR because it has worse accuracy, worse damage, and no headshots. The PP is only going to help a BR and sucks on its own.
Sure, you CAN noob combo with a magnum, but you now have a weapon that is useless whenever you don't have your PP charged.

You faggots are arguing about the wrong thing. ADS is the real enemy

I think you overestimate how many people love Halo compared to something small time like Doom.

>What is 343rd Reichs straight nazi level moderation on Waypoint and in Discord?
wtf i love 343 now

This, fuck Joe for being a fucking furry, even Bungie got tired of him by Halo 3.

Guardians competitive was hands down the worst in the series. They basically made it CoD: Spartans. Part of the reason I enjoyed Halo for so many years was it wasn't just another CoD or Battlefield clone and yet 343 seems determined to make it the same as those games instead of being it's own thing. I really hope that they unfuck it for Infinite and take out the sprint, clamber, and that stupid iron sights aiming system they implemented. It seems genuinely split though in that some hate all the new shit they added to multiplayer while others love it and think it's the right move. I'm interested to see which group they side with for the new multi since there doesn't really seem to be a way to please both.

I just play Halo for the campaign, multiplayer is just a bonus for me, all I care about is even starts, BTB, and Forge other than that Sprint never bugged me, I didn't like Reach because Bungie slowed the player down because of armor abilities which is something 343 didn't do.

>all of the other weapons have nothing over the BR
Weird, I wonder why I always seem to kill people with sword / rocket launcher / shotgun at close range if they have nothing over BR.
>No reason to use the AR because it has worse accuracy, worse damage, and no headshots.
Unless you're at a close range where pulling off headshots with a BR is going to be difficult, or when the enemy's shield is already lowered, or when you come up behind somebody, etc.
>The PP is only going to help a BR and sucks on its own.
By "only help a BR" you really mean "only help any human weapon whatsoever" since you're going to get raped by just about anything once your shield is down.

I remember going to one of their championship finals last year. It had like 15 or 20 people in attendance. That shit was sad

The spartan default movement speed should be fast enough. It wasn't an issue up until 5 and the MOST I would accept is something like in Reach or 4 where the sprint is attached to a perk that has to refresh and not just something that everyone has access to.

I was talking about Halo 1-3 Bungie.

That was a fuck up, I misread the post, I'm buying it day one.

what in gods name are you on about

It's just zoom, if it slowed down your movements then it would have been an issue.

>I wonder why I always seem to kill people with sword / rocket launcher / shotgun at close range if they have nothing over BR.
>the only weapons that have anything over the BR are power weapons with long spawn times with 1 or 2 existing on the map at once
>Unless you're at a close range where pulling off headshots with a BR is going to be difficult, or when the enemy's shield is already lowered, or when you come up behind somebody, etc.
The BR only needs to shoot twice for a melee to be lethal.
>"only help any human weapon whatsoever"
But it helps the BR most, because the BR's headshots are much more reliable at any range. The magnum has garbage accuracy and the other weapons don't deal headshot damage.

Reach was shit before 343 touched it, courtesy of Bungie, 343 fixed Reach.

This

Joe Staten had a thing for Elites and tried to replace Master Chief with one in Halo 3, no one on the team liked the direction he was pushing the fans were shitting on Bungie for Halo 2's campaign so the entire team decided they should put the focus back on Master Chief and he fucked off to write some gay ass book for a while.

The 343 Fanboy/Paid Shill Checklist:
>Halo needs to evolve
>Sprint keeps Halo relevant
>I feel like a supersoldier when I sprint
>I feel like a supersoldier when I use the thruster pack
>Halo didn't have competition back then
>Halo 5 doesn't have ADS
>The radar in Halo 5 is good
>The campaign in Halo 5 is bad, but the multiplayer is good
>Halo 4 was underrated
>Crouch jumping is still relevant in Halo 5
>Bungie is the reason why 343 makes bad Halo games
>What about Reach
>What about Destiny
>343 doesn't have to show the population counter
>343 doesn't show the population, because less people will play bad game modes (Ignores Halo 3's population 3 years after release)
>lorefagging
>There's no such thing as a true Halo fan
>I never said that
>Automatics in Halo 5 aren't overpowered
>343 saved Halo
>changes the subject when the MCC is brought up
And their personal favorite:
>I've been playing Halo since CE, and Halo 5 is a good game
If you think you're arguing with a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, simply resort to this checklist, call him a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

that's funny, everything i hear about staten makes me like him more

>>The radar in Halo 5 is good
How is it not? Radar has always been cancer that punishes the simple act of walking around.

Everything I hear about him makes me like him less, even ReCore and Crackdown 3 had shit stories. He's basically just a less shit Brian Reed who had a thing for Spartan IVs now 343 re shoving them to the side since they fired him. Eric Trautmann should have written Halo 2, not Joe.

BASED

Why are 2/3 babies so mentally ill?

>The BR only needs to shoot twice for a melee to be lethal.
if you're at a close range, any of the above mentioned close range weapons are going to kill you long before you have time to pop 2 shots and a melee.
>But it helps the BR most, because the BR's headshots are much more reliable at any range.
you're missing the point. the BR's advantage is that it is a good all-around weapon, but it sucks for specific scenarios that other weapons are tailored for. the entire game revolves around these scenarios, and so the BR is almost never the best choice because there is usually another weapon better suited to that situation, i.e. a sword/shotgun in a very tight space, a rocket launcher when rounding a corner, a sniper at a distance, etc. I repeat, the BR is great only if you and the other player just want to trade shots and have no concern for actually trying to win by using tactics.

>any of the above mentioned close range weapons are going to kill you long before you have time to pop 2 shots and a melee.
Again, power weapons that are limited in quantity. Even then, all of those weapons aren't doing anything to a BR walking backwards.
> but it sucks for specific scenarios that other weapons are tailored for
Said weapons are few and far between. If it doesn't kill in one shot, it's useless. Halo 2 and 3 have so much weapon bloat there there are far more AR clones than there are instakill weapons.

Can't wait to play the campaign.

Call of Duty is consistently one of the best selling games every year. You spend too much time on Yea Forums.

>We'll never get a campaign written by Eric Nylund

Attached: 1558590500259.png (144x196, 38K)

They really do, COD MW will sell butt loads and it has sprint.

He'll shove Blue Team into everything, good riddance. Bookshit should stay in the books.

What's wrong with blue team?

They don't work in the games and no one knows or cares who they are, plus they are just Chief clones.

SWAT in Halo Reach is the best multiplayer in the series and thinking otherwise is wrong.

This

If you don't care about the campaign can you really call yourself a Halo fan?

There is an anime?

bump

H4 and 5 then 2 had the worst campaigns, if you dont agree you're a retarded storyfag and not a halo fan

Yes

Halo 3 > Quake 3

Attached: 1517633335350.png (513x513, 384K)

Halo 2 > Halo 3

No shit, there's a sticky for some who e celeb Nintendies loved.

I could never understand why people preferred Halo 2 over 3

>listen im and old school halo player
Reach zoomer confirmed

Where in that post did I defend them, Halo 1 and 3 are the only games with great campaigns, glad Infinite is taking from them for once.

I could never understand how people preferred Halo 2 to anything in the Halo trilogy, easily the worst in the trilogy.

Better maps
Better gun play
Better campaign
Better community

Becayse generally "campaign purists" love Halo 4 and 2 for some reason, theyre really just casuals that couldnt give less of a crap about gameplay.

>Better gun play

Ehh if that's what you call bxr/ double/ triple shot spamming with the br is better gun play.

Agreed, I remember playing Halo 1 and jumping into Halo 2 felt like a downgrade, Halo 3 felt like it fixed Halo 2's mess, I was excited about Halo 4 because it sounded like it was going back to Halo 1 and sticking with Halo 3 and then it felt more like Halo 2 nd I was disappointed, Halo 5 in 2013 had my interest but when Locke was revealed I knew they were repeating Halo 2 again. Feels good that Infinite will finally have a campaign like Halo 1 and 3 again.

H2 was a downgrade in every way, weapons, enemies, maps were all worse.
3 was way better but 3's campaign was bit shallow, it really feels like the game only has 4 levels where the first third stretches into just one level.

Guns functioning makes for better gunplay. Everything in 3 felt and acted like a toy.

Yeah but from my viewpoint, as someone who did spam the bxr/ triple and even quad shot in halo 2, 3 was much more balanced. Let's be honest, quad shotting was broken as fuck, and I could triple shot very consistently, and quad somewhat consistently. I just feel as if Halo 3's multiplayer was more balanced.

Halo 3's multiplayer wasn't much more balanced because it was still BRs 24/7. The only difference is the game became less about button combos and more about just straight shooting. It was slower, it was more boring, even without the glitches. H2A was a better midground.

I don't mind br's 24/7, I actually liked that. I felt it was a more even playing field. It being about straight shooting was a good thing for me. Slower could be arguable but I kind of see your point on that, that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing though.

My viewpoint is H2 no glitches > H3

But you couldn't be competitive in halo 2 if you didn't use those things.

I'd have to agree solely because I've played the campaigns of 1-3 an ungodly amount of times. The 4th, I only played twice, and the 5th? Barely twice. I was so fucking upset....

If you're not a storyfag, none of the Halo campaigns are good.

Warthog runs are kino.

>we'll never get a movie script written by Nylund and directed by James Cameron

Attached: 1467220955931.png (633x758, 335K)

So it's going to be a shitty looter shooter with classes and space magic abilities? Or a medieval fantasy game where you fight giant frogs? Sorry, what exactly do you think Destiny was ever supposed to be?

Campaigns are the main reason to buy a Halo game, anything else is secondary.

I don't even think Bungie knew what Destiny was going to be.

Halo single players are movies. You go forward through linear canyons fighting just a couple of enemies at a time while you make your way to the next cinematic setpiece.

Bungie knew what Destiny was supposed to be. But restructuring post-break from Microsoft combined with Activision worming their way into Bungie's crevices led to Destiny becoming far, far different than what they intended.

Thank god someone understands.

Halo puts gameplay over everything, Halo 2 and post-Halo 3 seemed to think story was more important than gameplay, glad Infinite is going back to gameplay being the main focus again.

Most of the shit that happened with Destiny is mostly due to Bungie, the game was already dead on arrival when they said they were looking at Halo: Reach's levels and gameplay for Destiny, not their good Halo games.

It was originally going to be a co-op fantasy game and then it became a space fantasy pseudo-mmo.

>Halo puts gameplay over everything
It really doesn't. All of the big encounters are treated as setpieces, like the Scarab battles. CE isn't as focused on them, but CE is also a ton of vast empty canyons where you walk slowly to the next objective marker.
The enemies aren't even interesting to fight. Everything except for the Halo 2 Brutes die in 2 shots max, and you only use 2 kinds of weapons for the entire game.

Who is that guy anyway?

Halo 5 killed Blue Team. Lorefaggots are mad, because in the books are awesome.

>including even Pro players telling them to take out sprint

I don't get this why? If pro's are playing modern Halo with it on why would they want it out if they are good enough to be pro at Halo 5?

>If pro's are playing modern Halo with it on why would they want it out if they are good enough to be pro at Halo 5?

Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive, you can be both good at the game, and think things need to change in the game.

But removing sprint will be a drastic change to Halo as it is today. It would be like COD with no ADS.

That's disappointing

>Halo
>pro players

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>I want muh bullet sponges with shit AI
At least the enemies of Halo 1 and 3 are fun to fight, Quakefag.

This, it' why when they complain about sprint and classic gameplay I ignore them.

Not really, when I think of halo, sprint doesn't come to mind as a defining feature, or even a core integral game mechanic. If those pro players are good enough with sprint in, they'll still be good enough with it out.

Plus most of the fans don't seem to care about sprint like these guys and just play the games. I remember people complaining about Halo not having sprint back in 2007.

Halo never had sprint, fucker, and it's not need for that.

They weren't. You just shoot them with plasma until the shield pops, then headshot once. It's dull.

See I am sure most fans would probably prefer it be in at this point though.

Halo practically perfected its own formula with the very first game to begin with. They never needed to expand on that Halo trinity concept or whatever they called it with melee/grenades/shooting

>Being this new
While not the first or only big competitive vidya environment, Halo basically created MLG.

>It tried to become mainstream in design,

Halo was as mainstream as mainstream could get lol. People were lining up to purchase Halo 2 and 3. Halo 3 broke sales records for its time and has probably sold over 15 million copies at this point.

>being this new
>said unironically by an underage halotard

Except 2 and 3 are much better than CE.

If you're a casual, sure.

Halo CE is probably older than you, get b&

5 handled sprint well as a mechanic and did a lot of things right but is too different and not what Infinite needs to be like. Sprint's gotta go in favor of base movement speed being increased significantly. Infinite needs to be Halo 3: Part 2 or else it will not work and people won't care

Personal hot take: CE is excellent old-school design hampered by a couple later missions being dogshit (Library). 2 tries to push the boundaries with more cinematic design, but it's hit-or-miss and really unpolished. 3 refines 2's weaknesses and is the most polished of the trilogy, but lacks a distinct feeling of a unique "high" point to really distinguish it. There is no "best", just what you're in the mood for because they all offer different experiences.

CE has one viable weapon out of the smallest and least dynamic weapons sandbox in the entire series next to 4. CE is fun but 2 and 3 blow it the fuck out

Gaylo and MLG have been the laughing stock of Yea Forums since your parents were in middle school.

Are you purposely being wrong?

The pistol completely ruins any semblance of weapon balance in CE, sorry bro

MLG fags are the laughing stock of even Halo. Your point, underagenigger?

My point is you've outed yourself and it's time for you to commit sudoku.

It really doesn't, because every other weapon has some sort of use. The BR is more overpowered if we're looking within the context of each game. The only useless gun in CE is the Needler.

It was the least popular game on TMCC (yes, below fucking 4!) for a good reason. People love to pretend it's the best Halo game but don't actually play it.

MCC uses the gimped PC port still. It's unpopular because it's an unforgiving game that most people don't know how to play properly.

Yeah, i wanna see you with your little plasma pistol/rifle against someone using the -second-TTK weapon for the whole match LMAO.

How to play Halo CE:
Use the pistol and win
woah very unforgiving....

i like sprinting.
halo 5 has the best multiplayer and movement.

You totally can if you play it properly.
Sorry it doesn't have as much autoaim as your BR. Sorry you can't figure out a spawn system that doesn't give out good spawns for free either.

Most people don't even notice that, only hardcore CE fans are able to notice the differences.

>how to play fps gaem
>shoot gun
>woah

They don't notice it because they've never played CE more than some pizza party sleepovers.

As opposed to what? Xbox live matchmaking for CE?

What elite pic should I make 343i sign?

Attached: .jpg (1344x1912, 1.08M)

is noone gonna comment on the fact this rouge ai typed all this out in under a minute

XBC
My point is, most people didn't play CE past the most casual level. It was hard to get games in because you either needed to use a computer program or have people over. It was so much easier to just use Xbox Live, and that's when Halo really exploded in popularity.

halo 2 assault is also good.
halo reach is the 2nd worst halo multiplayer.

Yes, fighting enemies that die like flies is fun, let's not make it challenging at all.

Halo isn't challenging.

you mean directed by blomkamp right

You mean directed by Ridley Scott, right?

a dementia-ridden senile directed Halo movie would look great

shut up bootlicker
pointing out corporate brownnosing is a duty

You mean directed by Uwe Boll, right?

Yeah

Correction halo will never be good cause it is not 2007 again

Overwatch doesn't have Sprint and the core gameplay works great, despite Blizzard balancing.

who

/doesn't-care-either-way-about-sprint/

here

this

I still think the CE magnum is a little too over-prevalent, but every gun other then the needler has an effective use and is decent in CE's MP

only other Halo games that come close in terms of weapon balance is pre-TU Halo 5 and to a lesser extent pre TU reach

If you want a halo that plays classic and looks new go play halo 2 anniversary. No one gives a fuck if you aren't going to buy the new halo because you want the same shit from 15 years ago

>2 as the third worst campaign

bull fucking shit

Even putting the story aside, the level design is far improved over CE with less copy-pasted hallways and rooms for indoor spaces, and actually having outdoor spaces that aren't just wide open, empty fields with samey encounters but instead actually having outdoor spaces filled with complex geometry, structures, buildings, terrain variatuion etc which changes up how you handle combat situations. Not to mention far more weapon and enemy variety as welll; and generally improved core gameplay

2 also has the highest quantitity of great or better missions in the series: Cairo Station, Metropolis, Outskirts, Delta Halo, Regret, Great Journey, and arguably Uprising are all 8/10 or better missions.

I could buy the arguement that somebody prefers 3's, Reach, or ODST's campaign to 2, even if 3 doesn't have as many highs, since 3 also has less lows; and the highs 3 does have are the best missions in the series; and since Reach and ODST have consistently good to great but no fantastic or even really bad missions; but damn near CE's entire campaign suffers from the exact same fucking issues as 2's bad missions do.

>Giving a shit about anything past Reach

>giving a shit about reach

CE was unpopular on the MCC because H3 babies would literally quit anything that wasn't H3, and CE games were like 20 minutes long or some bullshit.
Both of those things have since been addressed. If you're playing a game of CE in the MCC now, odds are everyone wants to be there.

>Spartans should be able to run at top speed like retarded ass ducks, not moving their upper bodies or obeying basic biomechanics

Literally nobody cares about pro players. Halo esports has been dead for 10 years.

>sprinting = manually pissing
I didn't realize the slope was so slippery

Yet you shill Halo 2 and 3 mp, Halo 2 ruined by glitches, hackers bad weapon sandbox, oversize hitboxes, large magnetism, and poor design decisions, Halo 3 losing points for bad BR, net code, broken hit detection, maps that aren't as good as its predecessors, FOV, and bullshit requirements to get Recon armor. ow, I am in no way defending Halo 4 and 5, 4 had a shit multiplayer building off a shit game (Reach), Halo 5 took 4 years to have a fun multiplayer.

343 cares and they've been trying to force everyone else to care too.

>it's this autist again

Blompkamp would be fine as long as he's not allowed to go anywhere near the script. I think Jimbo is a better action director though, and has a great vision for sci-fi.

Attached: papa dragon.webm (800x450, 3M)

>If you're playing a game of CE in the MCC now, odds are everyone wants to be there.
Well that isn't really saying much because that's literally how matchmaking works now and that applies for every game.

desu having one dedicated classic gameplay server in halo 5 was good enough for me. If they just do that i'll be fine

Yes congratulations user you figured it out.
hooray

Figure out what? The obvious? What were you even trying to say by that in the first place?

They'll probably do that, I expect every Spartan Ability to return except Spartan Charge and Ground Pound.

Are the other ones left just clamber, sprint, slide and hover? Of those, clamber and sprint are bearable, slide is a nonfactor and I really enjoy the hover

I'm just wondering when we'll even get Reach and the rest of the games. They said all of them will come out this year but I can't imagine that ever happening.

All of those and thrust.

Nice lack of counterarguement.

You simply enjoy them because youre terrible at halo.
Sprint is a get out of jail card, clamber is training wheels for making jumps, stabilizer stops your char in midair because youre too fucking shit to hit airshots, etc.

You're retarded and have a problem with people having a different opinion then you, it would be a waste to argue with you.

Not him but MLGfags like you need to be gassed, you were never liked, in 2001, 2004, 2007, or now.

He's not wrong, though. Those three mechanics make the game pathetically simple.
Slide, boost/dash and shoulder charge are tolerable. Sprint perhaps if it's optional for custom game.

If you want to feel like a supersoldier demigod youre welcome to play against the covenant or play infection gametypes, now if you want to challenge yourself you should know matchmaking is big boy territory.

Christ you're a faggot

>shoulder charge
>tolerable
No

>fight the Covenant or play Infection
Like an average competitive fag.

>take sprint out of the game
>lose nothing
>leave sprint in the game
>lose tons of potential players
???

>lose tons
So not much.

>and have a problem with people having a different opinion then you

I don't have a problem with it, i'm expressing disagreement and (unlike you) explaining my opinion and perspective. That's how discussion works, retard

Source? You don't really know if they're doing it or not.

You don't need to explain why you like or dislike something, if you like or dislike something well, that means you just like or dislike something.

cope

except saying "I think this" or "I disagree" without explaining why and your rationale is basically a pointless contribution that doesn't encourage a conversation

dilate

What the fuck is wrong with being able to sprint in a Halo game? It was the dumbest thing about the other games

youtube.com/watch?v=3pA0_KrBv-8

This, PC players called out Halo 1 for being slow, Halo 2 was going to add it, Halo 3 was going to add it and many people complained Halo 3 was slow and that Halo needed sprint.

You can't shoot while doing it. It also allows pussies to bail out of encounters.

It requires modifying maps foe emphasis on horizontal movement
It also breaks melee and close-range power weapon balance. Some nigger can just rush up to you and kick your shit in rendering mid-range weapons useless.

>horrendous political stances
and what would those be?

kill yourself

>Hey if there’s one thing that makes Halo unique, it’s the zooming in with weapons rather than aiming down the sights
>Hmm you’re right. But you know how it works here at 343: Let’s get rid of that and add aiming down sights to strip Halo of its identity even more
>Genius. In fact let’s add it to literally every weapon
Real conversation that took place at 343i, circa 2014 colorized

Attached: 4EC5561C-8D80-4B91-AC8D-13E38D28ADD3.png (980x1057, 909K)

Pro players are grade-A faggots, but even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

Sprint would be ok if it didn't grind the gameplay to a standstill, the exact opposite of what you'd expect a sprint mechanic to do.

Pre-patched shit was objectively more popular than patched shit. The 4v4 slayer pre patched variant was much more popular than its patched equivalent. Seethe more, faggot.

Reach was the best installment in the series. 4 was based, and 5 is ok. 1,2, & 3 are ancient relics. Nice to look at, impossible to enjoy. Sprint is the best thing they've added and thrusters are based. Boomer's need to get with the times. Fight me

What identity, the only thing Halo needed back was the music and art, Halo 1-3 are dated in gameplay, be happy it doesn't slow gameplay down like all other ADS. Just have a great campaign and everything at launch this time.
>muh identity
Someone should turn this shit into a new meme.

>this playlist introduced late into the game's lifespan with changes not made clear to people who don't specifically look them up unpopular?
Gee, who would have thought?

>Reach was the best installment in the series
Bait

ADS slowed down your movement in the air. It was bad.

Sprint is shit

Attached: ae5f260b917416ffccef360b4f3bf8d7.png (1788x2313, 1.18M)

Then change the controls to where it doesn't activate automatically.

If the truth of patched 343 being so much better was so self-evident, the number would have shown it. Late into 360 Reach's lifespan, when pre-patched 4v4 would get 2.5k concurrent players a night, patched would never breach 1.5k, at best reaching 1.3k concurrent players. Your shitty experiment was a failure, faggot.

Doesn't matter anyway, 343 will probably apply patched to all their playlists this time with the rerelease.

>Halo
>Dated gameplay
ADS, "enhanced" (gunplay slowing) mobility and sprint don't modernize gameplay. It just dulls down every shooter so they play the exact same way. And that fucking sucks.

Not at all. Introduced forge mode
>but Halo 3 had forge
Let's be real, it wasn't worth shit
Customization for your spartan was top notch and the new weapons outclassed the old garbage by miles

>Doesn't matter anyway, 343 will probably apply patched to all their playlists this time with the rerelease.
They are

Random casuals who don't give a shit about mechanics are just going to play the first thing on the list. Do you honestly believe otherwise?

>Halo 1-3 are dated in gameplay
Wrong. Halo Reach, 4, and 5 are dated in gameplay. FPS games don't want sprint and ADS anymore. Get with the times.

>a thread discussing vidya
Truly we are lost. I miss the good old days of pepe and wojak posting. Oh how I yearn for thee.

Reach weapons were shit, vehicles were cardboard, they slowed down the gameplay for Armor Abilities, imagine if Bungie added DS and not 343, they would have made sure it slowed players to a crawl. Forge was grey, and they casualized the customization system.

Summer

Don't forget the sniper causing flinch.

Halo: Reach is dated as you said, slowest game in the series, really don't know what Bungie was thinking. Halo 4 was COD in space, Halo 5 is the best modernization they did for Halo and it took long enough. The two top FPS games people want have sprint in them (Halo Infinite and Boarderlands 3).

>Reach weapons were shit

Attached: milton-cadogan-reach-mpbeta-grenadelauncher.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

There's an e-celeb sticky right now. Yea Forums is even deader than it was when it got killed last time.

That too, when people asked for Halo to be modernized, no one asked for Halo to be turned into COD in space.

This exchange literally reads like a youtube comment section from 2009.

Now how about the rest of them?

lol no.

One of the few good ones returned in Halo 5 and I hope becomes a main weapon in the campaign of Infinite.

>muh vehicles
Stay mad boomer, if you can kill a team with a tank faster than they kill your tank it means you're garbage. The speed up from sprint was a godsend, really who wants to walk 5 min's at a snails pace to get to the action

I sincerely doubt that your are sincere, as I've never seen an other grenade launcher bro in hundred of hours of gameplay, but if you are, you my nigga.

Attached: 1559080220892.gif (600x394, 77K)

Do you happen to know the source of this picture? I can only find some archived threads with that image.

Cope

Attached: HalomorePopular.jpg (1200x1200, 238K)

>listen im and old school halo player
Keep larping Zoomer.

If you can kill a tank with a Sniper or DMR then it's shit.

Oh look it's another 30 year old boomer thinking his butthurt is relevant in 2019. It isn't.

Literally this. I've been playing Halo ever since CE. But I wouldn't want another CE, as much as I loved that game at the time, because things are different now. The same way I wouldn't want another GTA III these days. The same way that N64 players were blown away by Super Mario 64 and how different it was to Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Games get BETTER over time. Players want NEW EXPERIENCES over time. As technology improves, gameplay experiences improve. Do you want us all to just play Pong for the rest of our lives?

Nostalgia idiots are irrelevant.

Sprint is fine in campaign for pacing but it literally destroys competitive pacing and map design. Reach's armor abilities were the beginning of the end for competitive Halo and its MLG multiplayer playlist was competitive Halo 2 and 3 fans' lats hurrah.

Attached: dob.jpg (184x184, 25K)

They're all great and completely unique weapons. Though I wish the game had the carbine.
Reach also has the best vehicles.

Attached: 5042193863_96f4d244c9_b.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

This, competitive fags are as annoying as Metroid speed runners.

>space age .50 Cal sniper with no bullet drop can't kill a tank.
You need to go back

The most important Reach weapon was probably the DMR, but my favourite was the Needle Rifle. Fucking loved that gun and I wish it would come back.

The Concussion Rifle was pretty cool too though I guess.

Attached: needle rifle.png (1840x560, 882K)

Tanks were so fucking broken they had to remove them from matchmaking. The wraith has always been shit, and the sniper could always beat either tank.

They brought it back in 5, hope it's also in Infinite.

>They're all great and completely unique weapons.

Attached: file.jpg (1075x789, 252K)

Get a power weapon and board one.

>dude just board that scorpion sniping you from across Blood Gulch!

>FPS games don't want sprint and ADS anymore
I guess that must be why:
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty
- PUBG
- Fortnite
- Destiny
- Titanfall
Don't have sprint. Oh wait, they do.

>Halo: Reach is dated as you said, slowest game in the series
Surely CE is the slowest in the series. Great game, but slow, especially on massive maps like Blood Gulch.

>Halo 4
Halo 4 was a fucking great game and probably my favourite online Halo.

Attached: teaser.png (728x402, 40K)

Focus Rifle was literally a slightly nerfed scoped Sentinel Beam. Shit murdered people at close range like you wouldn't believe.
AR was slighly better than its Halo 3 iteration.
Plasma Repeater was dumb and retarded, and what they did to the plasma rifle was a disgrace.
Needler was retarded as usual.
Needler Rifle was okayish, but mostly overshadowed by the OP DMR.
Pistol did its job.
Plasma Pistol was okay, but completely useless against a good Banshee user
Plasma Launcher was an humiliation weapon against vehicles and infantry, not particularly useful.
Spartan Lazer was nerfed slightly but still very functional.
Spiker became even more useless than it was previously.
Concussion Rifle was meh.
Swords and Hammer didn't felt as poweful.
Shotgun was a shotgun.
Sniper murdered vehicles thanks to the new health system.
Rocket were not very reliable at killing air vehicles, it did its job fine elsewhere.
DMR was broken, even with bloom, as with all human precision weapons in Halo.

Not him, btw.

Ah yeah you're right, sort of. Essentially the same weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=F10pOUrnURE

That's cool. I loved that gun.

Last game I played in the series was Reach. They add any cool weapon since then?

Siege is the only good game you listed, and it actually works with sprint since its low TTK.

fucking hell this game looks like shit

Assault rifle was the most useful iteration up to the moment Reach released
Magnum was 2nd best after Combat Evolved
Sniper Rifle shredded fucking everything, doubled as anti-vehicle (as the anti-materiel description suggests)

Halo 4 has the sticky detonator (an explosive that you shoot near someone, then trigger it when you want) and the SAW, which is probably my favourite weapon (a high velocity automatic gun with a big drum magazine, think like an assault rifle but more accurate and MUCH more lethal, killing people very quickly). The other additions are the promethean weapons - boltshot, suppressor, light rifle (promethean equivalent of the DMR / covenant carbine), incendiary cannon (equivalent of the fuel rod cannon / rocket launcher) and binary rifle (equivalent of the sniper rifle). Also they replaced the plasma rifle with the storm rifle, unfortunately. I don't like the storm rifle.

As for Halo 5, I haven't played very much of it at all, but I know they added SMGs back in. Also they added lots of random weapons in multiplayer like plasma rifles again and also this: - and I think there were lots of other random, special weapons added to the multiplayer too.

>Assault rifle was the most useful iteration up to the moment Reach released
It's arguably even worse than the Halo 3 version, because it had no fucking damage output. It took something ridiculous like 19 shots to kill.

They're all basically the most popular shooters on Earth and they all have sprint. Why? Because sprint is more realistic and a better feature. I don't want to walk at a snail's pace to traverse big maps or to make my way to a vehicle. Sprinting makes sense - soldiers in real life can sprint if they put their gun down for a second.

No it doesn't. Your attention seeking contrarianism isn't going to win you any cool points, because you're anonymous.

Yeah! Here's your new shotgun, bro!

Attached: uglyshit.png (1760x410, 622K)

Needs more DENTS and GROOVES and RAILS. It's not TACTICAL enough.

Fuck off zommer fag

>Pro players
can "esports" fucking die already?

>old school
If you were not a fucking child, you'd know in old school FPS we could sprint and shoot at the same time. If anything, modern sprint is indeed a step backwards for gameplay in favor of flashy animations.

>Surely CE is the slowest in the series
Nope, as slow as Halo 1-3 are they still feel smooth to play, Reach is so slow and the jump height is so low that I literally can't go back to it, don't know why Bungie had a fixation of gimping their own gameplay.

>Halo 4 was a fucking great game and probably my favourite online Halo.
To each their own.

It also needs to carry more than one type of round and have gun accessories.

This, they were shit even when they made MLG.

Why do zoomers love sprint but hate dual wield so much?

Dual wield and sprint are both shit

halo 2 was garbage because of dual wield

>because of dual wield
Halo 2 was the best game because of dual wield.

Attached: 1561292972402.png (859x981, 793K)

Halo CE was the best game because it didn't have dual wield.

kys zoomer
>anime poster
>likes dual wielding
Based fren

Dual wield was dogshit.

>Halo 2
>best at anything

yur dogshit

Attached: th34few.png (500x281, 96K)

>homogenized all of the weapons that could be potentially used in one hand
>the best anything
Great, now the Plasma Rifle is an SMG reskin that does slightly more shield damage.

You're mom's dogshit, if you keep talking me and your little cute as will be taking a shower together if you know what I mean.

dual wield was the second worst thing to ever happen to the series

the first was halo 5

*ass

but dual wield happened first.

Attached: snapshot_01.47_2018.07.16_15.55.47.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I literally played that map only once in matchmaking, when it was only on 360.

I will play Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4's campaigns to be prepared for Halo 5 and then Halo Infinite when I get an Xbox Scarlett.

Reach was the best one because it was a modernized and balanced Halo CE

It didn't.

Nice joke, it gimped Halo 1-3 gameplay, that's not how you modernize Halo. Halo 4 did a better job than Reach at that even though the multiplayer was pure shit. Halo 5 is the best modernized Halo game out of the three.

Hope we fight wildlife in Infinite.

Based mermaid poster

@468028859
About time this nigger showed up with his retarded opinion

Attached: Halodays.jpg (2234x1133, 1.66M)

I love Master Chief's full head of hair, also, does Master Chief drink?

Cheef drinks Dew.

>Pro players
I could not possibly give a flying fuck less what any faggot ass "pro gaymers" think about anything.

he probably can't get drunk so it's not like it matters.

I'm going to buy it as soon as possible.

Attached: chief34.jpg (533x849, 63K)

>4 and 5
If only you'd listen to me and skip those 2 to save your pure Halo experience.

slash fucking thread
haven't seen a post this based in ages

All he did was type in capslock and type like an eight grader. What is revolutionary about this?

>B-BUT IT'S NOT HALO

I don't even like sprint, but If sprint, the jet booster stuff, etc was added in 2 and 3 you faggots would be sucking it off and defending it. You all are no better then the quake/doom boomers who shit on the weapon limit, regen health/shields, etc.

prove me wrong

Fuck off and fuck you

Sprint actively removes the ability to look 360/shoot while moving at full speed. Maps must be stretched to accommodate it. It's exactly why I never liked CoD, and then they had to put it into Halo.

Zoomers can't live without sprint due to call of duty.

Samus goes to the bar and has a drink. Does her Chozo DNA burn through the alcohol as well?

Attached: Metroidzero06.png (240x416, 36K)

How do I already know your favourite Halo game is reach

opinion discarded

I want to be caught up on the story.

This

this desu

Why do you want to remove capability from the player???
youtu.be/u6YdPRyW0DA

Attached: 1561412052109.jpg (640x480, 43K)

if there's sprint i won't bother playing multiplayer
simple as

So they slowed everything down to add sprint...... just like in socom..... how sad.

He's a zoomer with 2-dimensional understanding of gameplay design. There's a reason he loves Fortnite.

Technically the map is also stretched, but yeah. Halo 3 110% speed with the Halo 2 BR would be my perfect game. But NOOOOO, GOTTA MATCH COD, GOTTA HAVE SPRINT

It's not funny, this is exactly the kind of post that influences a triple A game at E3.

So H2A?

Cod 1 - 3 = Halo 1 - 3
That is how I see it.
Anything past three for either is a fucking pile of elephant shit.
Fuck off modern cod fags. Fuck off 343fags. I want you all dead.

I don't think sprint was the problem, personally.

Attached: Arthas.jpg (125x125, 2K)

All they did was stretch out the maps

Yes, but functioning servers, with not-shit armor, and more maps.

We need more weapon options

join our side we have alien girls

Playing as dinosaurs instead of the coolest looking suits of armor in gaming is dumb.

I'm so happy we're never playing Elites again, fuck Joe Staten for Halo 2's campaign and playable Elites, they always sucked.

This, Elites were only good for fighting and killing, I rather it stay that way.

hey it got you to bump this thread didn't it?

No one gives a fuck about "competitive" and no one gives a fuck about zoomer fucks like you who never even played Halo CE. We just want a fucking fun game. And Halo 4 and 5 were fucking awesome games no matter how many times you shit your little fucking zoomer pants about it, fuckface.

>halo 3
>functioning servers

Yes, this thread, I'm not going to that thread.

>4 and 5
>awful to look at and hear
>garbage writing
>no couch co-op
>worst campaigns in the franchise
>completely alien multiplayer
>halo 5 zero multiplayer options at launch
>fucking awesome

More functional than MCC. Halo 3 never crashed my 360 or broke parties.

Based

That's what I meant, and I don't care if you do go to that one.

I got Halo CE on launch week, retard. Movement was retarded in that game too because it was so slidey.

Of course I'm going to get it. MCC and Infinite will be the first multiplayer FPS that can compete with TF2 in history. Have you ever played Halo 5's Forge? You can fucking script on that thing, and they said they wanted to put AI bots in forge. Shit's going to be fun as fuck.
My only worry is the sporadic population spread across 6 games.

Spartan VS Elites in battlefield like maps should have been a thing. Reach's invasion mode is the closest we got.

MCC doesn't do that anymore.

We need more...

As much as i think Sprint wrecks map design, I have to agree with you. Whether it's good or bad for a game, it's pretty much expected at this point in an FPS, so I won't be surprised if it's in Infinite. Too bad it takes away from what made Halo feel like Halo.

Is there any mechanics to add to a halo game that would actually feel more like a Halo game and less like some other FPS title?

Bring back map items having no mass so they get launched by grenades.

Thrust works in the sandbox. If Thrust was added to Halo 3, it would have to be nerfed a little bit, but a tiny boost to get behind corners and get a little further from grenades would be a positive contribution to gameplay overall because it would cut down on grenade spam.

I like how Clamber feels, but it messes with map verticality, and isn't actually needed.

Items should come back as map pickups. But certain things like the Regenerator and Bubble Shield would have to be nerfed. Regenerator would need to heal you a bit slower, and the Bubble Shield should only have 1.5x - 2x the hit points as a player's shield before it goes out.

>JUST
MAKE
>THE
>WALK
SPEED
>FASTER
YOU
>FUCKING
RETARDS

4 has couch co-op
But 5 doesn't even have local splitscreen mp. An absolute piece of garbage.

But they did though.

H5 HCS has the best multiplayer

>Sony fanboy seething his console never got a Halo-killer

Attached: 1527393785278.jpg (1115x791, 68K)

Welp I read every last word in this stupid fucking thread, and am I having a stroke?
This has to be the dumbest fucking argument I've ever seen in my entire life. Why do I do this to myself? I'm going to bed.

holy fuck master chief is cute as hell

This

>still says unironic
>statement is now ironic

>Master Chief and Samus go to a bar and sit next to each other and order a drink
What happens?

They fuck

Nice

Fucking PLEASE buy some Star Citizen ships....

>super soldier bred and genetically engineered for high octane combat/armour is in R&D by humanity's greatest minds - the Spartans are the peak of humanity, and the last line of defence against the covenant
>cant sprint
>mfw

Attached: danzigface.jpg (750x858, 46K)

This

I remember you from /hg/, you faggot.
>inb4 thread degenerates to tank flipping arguments again

>implying a Spartan is not sprinting at all times during missions

Underage and esl
kys