Smash Ultimate DLC

Who will be in?

Attached: AF675FF5-7024-4BCD-A39B-4336675D7C81.jpg (2000x1145, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/vaanrose/status/1120094740156796928
youtube.com/watch?v=6CzX2JUqDuI
giantbomb.com/forums/dark-souls-6255/nintendos-masahiro-sakurai-on-dark-souls-519066/
personacentral.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-x-persona-5-sakurai-interview-special-video-released/
sourcegaming.info/2018/02/21/the-potential-of-simple-actions-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-535/
sourcegaming.info/2016/09/08/games-that-make-me-want-to-watch-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-124/
smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-195#post-23349070
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html
fromsoftware.jp/ww/company_history.html
youtu.be/I67pPXS96UI?t=144
trademarks.justia.com/851/99/dark-85199221.html
gameranx.com/updates/id/64011/article/demons-souls-remake-is-up-to-sony-since-they-own-the-ip-could-happen-through-another-developer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody worth a damn, that's for sure

she's gonna be announced at evo

Attached: america fuck yeah.png (220x272, 69K)

I don't think 2B can get in even though she would be dope as fuck because she hasn't been on a Nintendo console right? I'm just crossing my fingers for Leon, but almost all Capcom characters that could get in would get a thumbs up from me

Attached: __leon_s_kennedy_mr_x_and_tyrant_resident_evil_2_and_etc__9f6f8f3c22187bcf4d4a7f01cca5b5dc.jpg (1679x1640, 984K)

They're in.

They're fucking IN.

Attached: Nintendo.png (868x868, 1.6M)

Personally, I'd like Frisk/Kris and Sora. I'm cool with pretty much anyone though, I already got Joker, the DQ8 hero and Banjo. All excellent choices as far as I'm concerned

Attached: 1555522239713.jpg (700x990, 289K)

>ammy
Most likely Capcom rep is RE
>2B
Square Enix already has a DLC character

Hey! Hey Sakurai! .... want to let me in Smash?

Attached: Klonoa_you'll_inflate_too.jpg (1200x786, 81K)

>I'd like Frisk/Kris and Sora
So far it seems like indies don't get characters, but it could change with Undertale. Wouldn't bet on it though. Also getting a DQ character deconfirms Sora for this game.

you should get shot

Hope at least one nintendo character gets in

Capcom has too many goodies desu. I could see MH making it in even though I want DMC.

Klonoa has no chance at all. Don't think that Banjo getting in increases his chances. Sure, it's been a long time since the last Banjo game, but Banjo was not only more popular than Klonoa back in the day, but he also has the Nintendo connection of being on N64 and has been highly requested since the inception of Smash. The most likely Bandai Namco rep is Dark Souls, given its prominence during the past decade and its universal acclaim.

CHOSEN UNDEAD
EVERY THREAD

Attached: 1DCC1F3B-4DC4-4B53-AC8F-1DC68153BA11.jpg (3001x1229, 756K)

This but not EVO, later in the year

Attached: D9JfjEDU8AAcmi7.jpg (1600x1838, 313K)

Master Chief and some Namco rep.

Gameplay-wise, I think Neku would be a very good pick, but I don't think the series has enough fame to get a spot in unless Nintendo is planning to use Smash to help market a possible sequel. Other than that, I can't really think of many other franchises other than maybe Harvest Moon/Rune Factory or one of the iconic adventure game protags like Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton.

Attached: Neku_Artwork_1.jpg (300x400, 28K)

>namefag
Pot calling the kettle black here

Literally nobody knows who she is.

I always viewed Rathalos as a deconfirmation for a playable MH character. Seems like they were thinking of a way to rep the series and decided that Rathalos would do it the most justice. DMC is possible but I don't know the technicalities of Itsuno being allowed to discuss it for Smash Bros in the way that he did. Also RE is bigger than DMC and is also just as influential, if not more so, so I think it's a safer bet if Capcom were to get another character.

>RE
>most likely
How? They don’t even have a possible koveset.

yeah, i know i should get a shot them being in smash, thanks for the support user

If “Jane” is unrelated to Joker/Hero, then I think Lara Croft is in.

Doom is the American Dragon Quest in many ways, Doomguy should be in.

Here Also just having the range of guns is a moveset in of itself. How to implement all those weapons is up to the devs, but there's definitely something there. I know Joker has a gun too, but it's just a pistol. If they decide to go with someone like Leon he's got a bunch of melee moves that could be thrown into the mix as well. Hell, so do Jill and Chris if RE5 gets used as a source of inspiration.

SE already have a character this DLC with DQ. They're not going to pick two from the same publisher/devs.

Does Japan really unaware of Doom’s legacy? Do they not see Doom as the status of a Sonic, Zelda or FF?

>Klonoa has no chance at all
In terms of Namco reps Klonoa is one of the more popular picks for Smash.

>The most likely Bandai Namco rep is Dark Souls
If you had said Tales, of Soulcaliber or Tekken then maybe. But a Souls character isn't happening. When has Souls ever crossed over with anything? Why would Sakurai or Nintendo choose a Souls character over literally any of the others I just listed or even fucking KOS -MOS who has the Monolith Soft connection and the connection to the Xeno series. At least Klonoa has been included in crossovers and been referenced in multiple games completely unrelated to him.

any arenas?

Don’t be rulefag. I think if any dev wanted to be Jewish like that, it’s SE.

My girl Kos-Mos and Goku.

>Why would Sakurai or Nintendo choose a Souls character over literally any of the others I just listed or even fucking KOS -MOS who has the Monolith Soft connection and the connection to the Xeno series.
Big fucking money is why. Also I don't think any other franchise has the same reverence for crossovers that Smash does. Smash has a lot of weight as a brand, and I'm sure Nintendo could work out a deal for a FromSoft character. Also what does a lack of crossovers have to do with anything? How many games did Snake crossover into? Or Cloud? How many games outside of Konami properties has Simon Belmont been featured in?

If square got other characters it would be a long list before they hit Neku.

>They're not going to pick two from the same publisher/devs
>Muh made up rules

Attached: Samus_Master_Chief2.jpg (676x874, 602K)

If you want to blindly believe it in then go ahead, but it's a waste of time. With all the third party possibilities why would they double dip on SE?

How do you not make a complete copy pasta of joker? He’s just physical guy with gun and knife. What would even be their gameplay mechanic?

Why would they when they've got so many choices? It's just not a good assumption to make.

It'll be Frisk/Sans and some obligatory roastie nobody cares about

As stated before Joker uses just one gun for one special move. With an RE character you've got dozens of guns that could make up different parts of the moveset.

If it's Jill then I'm down for that

Attached: Jill.jpg (640x960, 54K)

Attached: FightersPass2.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

From time to time you see it being referenced in Japanese pop culture and their modding community is very active. It never truly became mainstream because the FPS genre as a whole didn't. That's why I said it is in a situation that mirrors Dragon Quest a lot. For what is worth, Sakurai himself considers Carmack one of the most influential developers of his generation.

Attached: uo8ts9K_d.jpg (640x914, 44K)

To shill more Final Fantasy, maybe. The FF7 remake will be big. 2B? Lara? Geno? A lot of possibilities.

As long as it's not a capcom rep we're fine
They're treating the console like a port dumpster and in a shit way, no need for them to get more free advertising

Dark souls is by far the most popular namco franchise behind pac-man.
>When has Souls ever crossed over with anything?
Why does this matter? 90% of the roster has never crossed over with anything before. It’s fucking smash.
>Why would Sakurai or Nintendo choose a Souls character over literally any of the others I just listed or even fucking KOS -MOS who has the Monolith Soft connection and the connection to the Xeno series.
Because dark souls is far more popular and sakurai has gushed about how he loves dark souls and how revolutionary it is? Nobody fucking cares about KOS-MOS.
>At least Klonoa has been included in crossovers and been referenced in multiple games completely unrelated to him.
There is no evidence of this ever mattering and klonoa is such a literally who forgotten franchise. It doesn’t have the popularity and absolute top of the line autism that banjo had.

>Big fucking money is why
People will buy DLC regardless, if they gave a damn about big money then we would have gotten Steve rather than Banjo. But we didn't because Banjo was a popular Smash pick, and before you say it, no we don't have to just get one roster pick.

Snake was a favor to Kojima while Cloud and Simon have been big request for Smash for years. Not to mention both are iconic video game characters. Dark Souls at best is a meme for how hard it is, but no one from the games are nearly as iconic and I don't remember Sakurai being best friends with the creator of the series.

RE characters have multiple guns, and if we go by RE2 they could do things like summon zombies with their special moves, use fire/acid grenades, ect

>Why would they when they've got so many choices
Because they are already working with said companies and it's much easier to get another character from them rather than get another company on board.

Jill is the only third party girl I'd be okay with

They’d do something gay. Maybe limited ammo somehow or something to do with herbs.

>Muh popularity
Did Stevefags teach you nothing?

user all guns do the same thing. They all shoot bullets straight forward. The only one that would be different from your average gun would be a bazooka or a grenade launcher. Both of which are already represented in Snake’s moveset. And as stated before, what would even be their gameplay mechanic? Without at least THAT they’re nothing but a borrowed moveset.

Banjo was popular you retard. How else do you think he get in?

>user all guns do the same thing
A shotgun doesn't have the same functionality as a submachine gun

Knife, chainsaw, axe, I don’t know. Play the games.

Because retard, he was popular with Smash fans. General popularity means fuck all. Last I checked a Dark Souls rep hasn't been something Smash fans have been wanting for years. Hell, people have wanted fucking Shantae and Shovel Knight longer.

>Dark Souls at best is a meme for how hard it is, but no one from the games are nearly as iconic
The elite armor set is pretty recognisable and I think a director as big as Sakurai can make contacts with other Japanese devs really damn easily. I'm sure if Sakurai wanted he could get in contact with Miyazaki and arrange a short meeting very quickly.

Sorry only 3 party shills allowed

And how do you know this?

twitter.com/vaanrose/status/1120094740156796928
"Jane" was a Joker alt, there is no room for other interpretation. They were making a female alt for him but scrapped it for whatever reason.

>Because they are already working with said companies
And they've worked with a lot of companies in the past. They could probably pretty easily get another Capcom character for example if they wanted. And hell, when has it ever been a matter of being easy for the devs of Smash Bros? I'm sure bringing everyone back wasn't easy but they did it.
Joker also wasn't a character Smash fans had been wanting for years. This isn't an argument.

>Thinks that Milk-BOSATU said a weapon that flies, not a throwing weapon.
That ain't Nakoruru.
Colette best fits in what Milk-BOSATU said and the CERO rating, in order for her to fit in the companion theory, she will be with Lloyd Irving which was possibly leaked by Mii Swordfighter's save corruption glitch and they will might function as a tag team duo like the Ice Climbers.

Attached: 1560896356954.png (640x960, 281K)

absolutely based, Kasumifags BTFO

And yet shitae and shovel virgin didn’t get in. However, joker and hero got in. Neither were popular by smash fans, but were popular in general, yet here they are.

For me, it's Doomguy

Attached: BASEDGUY.png (680x680, 254K)

Why do people keep thinking characters with no default appearane are going to get in? Monster Hunter didn't happen, Chosen Undead isn't going to happen

>And yet shitae and shovel virgin didn’t get in.
Undertale would be more likely than those 2 to get in Smash anyhow
Like Villager?

Attached: 91yiltwe11x11.jpg (1200x1028, 161K)

>The elite armor set is pretty recognisable
It literally looks like generic fantasy armor.

>I think a director as big as Sakurai can make contacts with other Japanese devs really damn easily
but does he?

>I'm sure if Sakurai wanted
That's the thing, there is no reason to think he wants to.

That’s too bad. I was hoping for Claire Redfield or Lara. Maybe another RE character can make it

I'm fine with any of the following, but I already got Joker and Banjo, so I would be content regardless of who we get.
>Sora
>Sans and Papyrus
>Amaterasu
>Prince of all Cosmos
>Kos-Mos
>Yuri or Lloyd
>2B
>Phoenix Wright
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Morrigan
>Astral Chain Cop
>Dante

>muh default appearance
Keep making up rules, patternfag. Besides, the game’s mascot is the fucking elite armor chosen undead.

>It literally looks like generic fantasy armor
Like how DQ11 protag looks like a generic fantasy character?
>but does he?
Yes. How do you think he negotiates third parties?
>there is no reason to think he wants to
You can apply this to literally every character. Not an argument.

Because nothing from Dark Souls ever came up in Smash 4 discussion or Brawl discussion. Not even early Ultimate discussion. Dark Souls is literally only getting brought up because of leak bandwagoning.

Joker got in because Sakurai loved Persona 5

Even Pegasus Hat Girl??? I fucking love her!

Well considering he loves the series I’d characterize that as a reason why he would want to.

Does Link have a default appearance? He changes attire every game.

>Neither were popular by smash fans, but were popular in general
Hero was popular with Japanese fans and Joker got in because of Sakurai

You have my sword

>Lloyd
Oh cool, the 3rd generic anime swordsmen! 3/5 boring chink JRPG picks

rosterfags, start your coping!

Attached: 052CC5B3-CD27-48AC-9A86-482B5D6F04F3.png (1274x906, 457K)

Etika splashes in

Dude stop being autistic. Dark Souls is the biggest thing out of Japan since Monster Hunter.
Klonoa is a piece of shit low budget platformer who no one cares about.

>Well considering he loves the series
Like he loved Xenoblade 2 and Minecraft?

Who’s that with the staff? Looks like absolute cancer 0/10 would not want to fight against

Sans
Leon or Jill
Dante

nobody else deserves it for third parties

Wrong digimon

Attached: Omnimon_hd.png (604x669, 311K)

>Joker got in because Sakurai loved Persona 5
So you agree that there's more at play than just characters that have been requested for a long time?

YOOOOOOOOOO LET'S GO

>it literally looks like generic fantasy armor.
I guess it’s a good thing everyone under the sun who plays video games associates fantasy armor with dark souls.

>but does he?
Yes? Phil Spencer even said so.

>That's the thing, there is no reason to think he wants to.
Sakurai loves dark souls, nintendo knows it’s popular, they just got DS1 remastered and are getting DS2 remastered. Sakurai has every reason to include the chosen undead.

the SHOWER
not smashfags thats for shore

>Like how DQ11 protag looks like a generic fantasy character
One, no he doesn't and 2, Dragon Quest is a force of nature in Japan.

>How do you think he negotiates third parties?
He negotiates third parties people either want or ones he wants,

>You can apply this to literally every character. Not an argument.
No one else is using "But Sakurai could talk to them if he wanted to" as an argument for why their character would get in.

I'm guessing/hoping Dante and Crash desu

Namco Rep [Red from Solatorobo or an SRW Rep]
Quote/Curly

go back to the spirit realm, filthy coat tailing swordboi

Attached: 1550971884100.png (635x444, 209K)

>General popularity means fuck all
Yeah man, Smash fans were really clamoring for Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog, Rathalos, Joker, etc

>Because nothing from Dark Souls ever came up in Smash 4 discussion or Brawl discussion.
Dark souls wasn’t a thing when brawl came out, and I’ve seen plenty of DS requesting during the smash 4 days. Smash 4 was when fucking DS3 was new. I’ve also seen plenty of DS requesting for ultimate too. Hell i’ve seen DS requesting before I even gave a shit about the series.

Also, what the fuck are you talking about with leak bandwagoning? Not every character is just some bandwagon shit like waluigi and erdrick.

Yeah, being loved by the creator of the game itself. Which is not something Dark Soulsfags can say.

>One, no he doesn't
But he does.
>Dragon Quest is a force of nature in Japan.
And Dark Souls is a fucking gaming phenomenon.
>No one else is using "But Sakurai could talk to them if he wanted to"
The only reason I brought this up was because you were being an autistic fuck, acting as if characters only get in through people Sakurai has met beforehand.

youtube.com/watch?v=6CzX2JUqDuI

Attached: 1560304241365.png (949x1058, 35K)

>Joker got in because Sakurai loved Persona 5
And yet dark souls means jack shit, even though sakurai also loves dark souls? You fucked up. Big time.

Imo the most likely
>Crash Bandicoot
>Sora
>Minecraft Steve
>Chosen Undead

literally every pick for Smash has to do with money from demographics (Western/Eastern JRPG(?) fans, only Eastern JRPG fans, Western Boomers), people expecting shit like Lloyd or some literal who bitch from a fighting game are delusional

>I guess it’s a good thing everyone under the sun who plays video games associates fantasy armor with dark souls.
Lol, the fuck are you talking about. No they don't. People associate generic fantasy armor with generic western fantasy.

yeah, im thinking hes in

Attached: Kevin_graham_3rdevo.png (683x734, 556K)

I'm not a big fan of the idea of Dark Souls in Smash, frankly I don't think it fits well. But it COULD happen, right? I mean the series has at least been on Nintendo consoles, it's not like asking for 2B or something where her game/series has never been on Nintendo

Xenoblade 2 was said to be out due to bad timing, by sakurai himself you mongoloid.

>It's really refreshing to play a title that so constantly has you wondering about the could-have-beens. It's a reminder that games can conjure feelings in you that no other form of entertainment can, something I'm reminded of as I toil through my restart
Get fucked
giantbomb.com/forums/dark-souls-6255/nintendos-masahiro-sakurai-on-dark-souls-519066/

And we all know how Monster Hunter got represented in Smash. Hope you enjoy the boss fight.

>And Dark Souls is a fucking gaming phenomenon.
Stop lying.

Nice one, OP.

I am opting for Leon and Chosen Undead desu.

But sakurai DOES like dark souls? Are you retarded?

>even though sakurai also loves dark souls?
Call me when Dark Souls inspires Smash's menu design or Sakurai shows up in a Dark Souls related video or some shit. Playing the game and liking does not mean loving it.

Buddy fucking Doomguy has more variety than Leon or Chris. A RE rep would be awful.

This. It's why I have such a problem with some picks. Take Reimu for example, yeah admittedly it could happen. But Zun doesn't seem too concerned with pushing the series outside of Japan, Nintendo doesn't seem to be interested in promoting it, and the gamers out of Japan seem to be largely neutral on it. I just don't easily see them going with Reimu over Jill, just to name a couple characters

That's mean, faggot.

oh boy I can't wait for the chosen undead another generic swordsman that people only want in because they like the game

see retard.

people that think touhou is more likely than undertale because of "legacy" or whatever the fuck are beyond delusional

I hear people saying fantasy shit and big gothic castles in other media is “____: dark souls edition” all the time. YOU stop lying.

Is there an interview where he's said as much? I would lose my mind if Dark Souls got any representation but with DQ getting in I think the magic swordsman archetype slot may have been taken up already and ruined Dark Souls' chance

I will. Hope you enjoy your nothing

>sakurai goes on record saying he's a fan of dark souls
>"n-no that doesn't count!"

Attached: 1531602437417.jpg (452x382, 61K)

What a fucking boring pick.

This. There's enough fucking guns in Smash as is. At least Doomguy has scifi guns.

I would like Starfy, but he's both an Assist and a spirit(as well as profile icon).
So I'll just continue to use him for my icon and accept that he may never be playable, but atleast he's been in every game since Brawl.

Attached: 1547257615930.gif (100x100, 10K)

omegamon would be agumon's final smash.

Where does it say that sakurai LOVES persona?

That's because it's a literal meme. The Dark Souls of ____ is literally a fucking meme.

Here If you Google it you can find more sources for verification as well. It's not a guarantee but it's the mostly likely Bandai Namco rep.

And Minecraft?

Don't want him, just think Namco is bound to get a second rep. And Klonoa/KOSMOS sure as fuck ain't getting in.

I S A A C
S
A
A
C

Attached: PunishedIsaac.jpg (1910x1312, 733K)

>there's a meme attached to it so it's entire legacy is a meme
You know people actually like the games a lot as well right?

>Sakurai said he enjoyed playing the game
>SEEEEEE HE'S AN UBER FAN WHO LOVES DARK SOULS!!!!!

Attached: 1500005694431.gif (192x256, 47K)

99% chance people in this thread are the smelly fucks at all smash events.

that's estelle bright from kiseki.

Attached: 380F5265-CA7A-4507-898F-1C613863C752.jpg (1073x540, 117K)

Who makes more sense moveset wise? A Space Marine who's almost on the same power scale as fucking Kirby who uses a sword, bio weapons, and a grappling hook? Or a normal average guy with a gun and knife?

Undertale is 100% one of the slots

>yeah sakurai actually DOES like dark souls, b-b-but sakurai loves PERSONA MORE!!!
>you have a source on that?
>NOOOOOO FUCK YOU PERSONA ONLY GOT IN BECAUSE SAKURAI LOOOOVES IT AND ONLY LIKES DARK SOULS A LITTLE BIT SHUT UP

You were trying to state that Sakurai isn't a fan of Dark Souls when there's proof that he is. I'm not saying that Sakurai gets in to bed cuddling a Solaire amiibo every night, but it's a literal fact that he likes the series enough to write an article about it. If that isn't being a fan of something then I don't know what is.

>it's the mostly likely Bandai Namco rep.
Just gotta point out that Namco is merely the publisher outside of Japan.

personacentral.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-x-persona-5-sakurai-interview-special-video-released/

I mean, there’s way more to CU than just using magic. Hell he could just have one magic move and have the rest of him be based around specific swordplay, like parrying and shit like that, with gameplay mechanics like stamina or humanity. Like shows.

You know, if you typed "sakurai persona" into google you'd have your answer

Literally all he said was that he likes the game. Which I bet he likes a lot of different games. But his love for Persona 5 is something completely different than just liking the game.

I know, but there's still a connection there. Didn't Bandai Namco work on the remaster entirely by themselves?

It's weird that people are drawing Crash as condescending, despite the past decade of being the butt of every mascot joke, as well as being paired with Bubsy for almost a decade.
Feels good, but this is also kinda asking to be made fun of, as Mario is still his superior.
I hope we get something new, and not just ride the nostalgia truck into the sun.

>"Sakurai is a fan of Persona but not Dark Souls!"
>provide proof that he's a fan of Dark Souls
>"T-That's totally different!"
Just stop with the mental gymnastics

>muh meme
>MUH MEME!!!!
Jesus christ shut the fuck up already. Is everything you dislike a fucking meme? Yea Forums has ruined you.

>Didn't Bandai Namco work on the remaster entirely by themselves?
No, they also just published it outside of Japan

>he has a sword so he’s generic!
People have already proven this wrong multiple times with movesets for him. Hell, someone posted one in this very fucking thread.

>Provides Proof
Yeah. proof that he played the game and like it. Oh hey look at this sourcegaming.info/2018/02/21/the-potential-of-simple-actions-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-535/

undeniable proof that Sakurai is a huge fan of Minecraft. B-but wait... Steve isn't in Smash.... but I thought Sakurai was a huge fan... why didn't he get in?

You’re trying to that very think with persona. He either loves both of them, or only likes both of them.

Tick.
Tock.

Attached: 1542290508652.webm (852x720, 1.38M)

Or maybe you are being bias in assuming that Dark Souls is this world wide phenomenon that it isn't.

Except no, he gave an interiew stating how much he loves Persona 5. All he has said about Dark Souls is that he played the game and liked it.

Ah okay that gives me a little more hope
I get that Dark Souls and DQ are VASTLY different tonally and aesthetically so I'm not gonna say there's no way and give up hope I just don't think that DQ helps CU's chances

user not even that guy but it's pretty clear you're desperately trying to change the subject.
>Yeah. proof that he played the game and like it
The whole point was that you were denying he liked it, if I have to explain it slowly and carefully

If you did the same thing with dark souls you’d see that sakurai also loves dark souls.

Attached: D8geljuX4AEyopB.jpg (696x390, 47K)

I will say I like that Chosen Undead is getting more discussion. Here's an idea for some moves:
>B - Homing Soulmass: generate up to three soul masses that eventually launch at the nearest opponent or launch once you press B again
>Side-B - Lightning Spear: can be tilted to change angle, travels in a straight line
>Up-B - Homeward Bone: teleport recovery
>Down-B - Iron Flesh: power up with super armor for a few seconds
>Grab - Dark Hand
>Side-Smash - Dragontooth Club
>Up-Smash - Dragonslayer Greatbow: Functions like Snake's Up-Smash, travels farther the more you charge, travels as fast as Palutena's Up-Smash

your time is up, waifufaggotry

Attached: 1554118269476.gif (394x300, 788K)

Except I’m not? Are you implying that all those people that went crazy over dark souls 3 were just doing so itonically? Do you have any proof of this? Are you conveniently forgetting when the series was labeled as THE franchise to be compared to when your game is hard?
>”the dark souls of ____”
Was a thing for a fucking reason.

2B is a bigger promoslut than fucking Shovel Knight at this point.

I... agree? What's your point
Gee it's almost like her game was way more popular than expected and made Square consider making Nier a franchise.
ALMOST

Welp

Attached: 1561416683513222.png (1920x2700, 2.48M)

How he conducted the interview is fucking identical to how he did with dark souls. He even goes as far as to explain how he knows that everyone ELSE loves dark souls too. I mean jesus christ he talks about how great the game is the whole way through.

Ever used the mine thrower?

Why is based Eggman crossed out? Was he deconfirmed?

Attached: mii files.jpg (1210x654, 81K)

I don’t really see why DQ hurts CU’s chances, when there are already so many swordfighters.

Basically. And let's be real. He never had a chance with how badly Sonic is represented in Smash.

He's a spirit.

No Reimu
No gaimu

Attached: images(4).jpg (532x576, 31K)

As much as swordfighters get ragged on in smash, I think he should really just stick to a sword for his A-moves. There’s still a lot you can do with it.

Umineko content? Oh you sweet delusional child.

Frisk would be amazing, if nothing more than for infuriating memefag babies since their Reddit skeletons wouldn't be chosen as fighters.

Aww man, I'd love Eggman too. Shame.

Frisk would only be amazing if their moveset incorporated other characters, which it wouldn't, because Sakurai is lazy as fuck with the DLC characters

Who wants Undertale without any of the monsters?

If any Memetale character were to get in Smash, it would be Undyne

Undyne or Asgore would have the best movesets but the iconic ones are Frisk and Sans

I don't like to shit on people's character hopes that aren't Steve, but I'm really glad we didn't get another Sonic rep.

Frisk would be amazing for the music alone in my opinion

This guy has my vote if Namco decided not to add another one of their characters.

Attached: 220px-Crash_Bandicoot.png (220x300, 69K)

souls isn't as big as you think it is. if we compare it to other bamco series, it's smaller than digimon, tamagotchi, idolmaster, tekken, tales, super robot wars, famista, soulcalibur, and ace combat. just because it's a reddit meme doesn't mean it's popular.

Souls is younger by those franchises by 5 years to a decade

It's fun guessing which character will get in but here's the true thinking man's question
Will they be announced separately or at the same time?

Pick 2

Attached: 9169D091-45B6-4F32-A681-FCF2CB2E9E17.jpg (3464x3464, 1.81M)

Chosen Undead
Leon/Phoenix

Amaterasu + one of C. Undead, KOSMOS or Travis

Phoenix
Layton

Lloyd and Sylux.

Doomguy
don't care about anybody else

Lloyd
Crash

>Phoenix is the highest non-deconfirmed third party with no content in past games
Wrightbros...what does this mean for us?

Attached: wright_coffee.gif (256x192, 73K)

Here's your new Namco rep bro

Attached: digdug_by_dillanmurillo-d93unsv.png (1024x1676, 911K)

I really hope he's in. The pass has, for me, been one resounding "eh" so far. Wright would make things right.

Attached: 1560323042732.png (1280x1000, 874K)

>spoiler
Either we get one at EVO/TGS/something and another in an inevitable fourth quarter Direct, or we wait another 4-6 months for a twofer in the year end Direct. Here's the other thinking man's two part question: one of them will almost certainly be a dud if history is anything to go off of, so will it be Pack 4 or 5? Who could realistically qualify as the Corrin-tier pick of the Fighters Pass? Hard mode, no FE characters.

my thinking is Pack 4 since it's in the perfect spot to not need to be too special. I'm gonna guess we're getting another shitty bipedal human-ish sized Pokémon, this time from Gen 8.

3 Houses rep.

I don't see it happening man. Has Sakurai ever spoke about PR?

Reimu and doomguy for maximum demon slaying

So, what, is he just going to recycle his Marvel vs Capcom moveset and we'll have to sit through a minute-long Final smash every time he uses it?

Dig Dug and Crash

>PR
He has spoken about Phoenix Wright, but not about Phoenix Right, whoever that is.
However, this was only brief. It was way back in 2005, about a promotional video for the DS port of Gyakuten Saiban.
sourcegaming.info/2016/09/08/games-that-make-me-want-to-watch-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-124/
Smash is different enough from MvC3 for there to be a whole new moveset. Wright in MvC3 was Capcom's own take; Wright in Smash would be Sakurai's/Namco's own take. Sure, there could be subtle nods, but his moveset couldn't just be ripped 1:1.

Attached: 1446224565549.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Nah. That'd be lame. If he were in, they'd no doubt try him in a different direction. There's still more to work with that Marvel didn't even touch, like psyche-locks.

Still doesn't sound interesting and we've already got three Capcom characters.

Dante
Travis

I think the point is that the absurdity of a lawyer being in a fighting game is a joke that's already been done. I'm sure he'd play great in Smash but while now I'm like "eh, okay" if he was never in MvC3 I'd be all for it

how about we only get the music since it's the only good thing about that crap? those shitty characters can fuck off

>He has spoken about Phoenix Wright
Why do people think Sakurai talking about a character increases their chances?

literal WHO

So fucking what? I'd take unique and iconic characters over picking literally whos from literally who companies. I've said in past threads, but there shouldn't be an arbitrary quota on how many characters companies get; it should be whether or not their characters are worth it.
It's minuscule, but him at least knowing that a character exists is something, no?

Attached: phoenix, drinking the tears of rosterfags.gif (256x192, 4K)

If he talks about the legacy of a franchise then maybe it increases their chances, but him flat out saying he likes a game should not mean shit.

He's spoken about Persona, DQ and Banjo-Kazooie

I don't think there would have even been much question if there were a lawyer in Smash, even if he weren't already in Marvel. Have you not seen the current Smash roster? An attorney would hardly be the strangest character around.

Yeah exactly. I never said he's too weird, I mean WFT fights using yoga poses and the absurdity of that makes her one of my favorite characters. It's only really spoiled because Phoenix was already in MvC3

She's in!

Attached: 1560268468089.png (770x595, 31K)

The last time he spoke about Banjo and Kazooie was back in Melee to say legal issues prevented them from appearing as a trophy.

>hurr I'm such a Capcom fanboy that anyone else from anywhere else is my favorite meme phrase that Yea Forums loves to fart around in Smash threads and gets consistently BTFO abouy

>An attorney would hardly be the strangest character around.
Yeah seriously. Did you know that Samus is a GIRL?!

are you okay, user?

Attached: phoenix-thinking(a).gif (256x192, 83K)

>there shouldn't be an arbitrary quota on how many characters companies get; it should be whether or not their characters are worth it.
This. All you spergs with your imaginary quota are only spouting the nonsense so that would give you hope that something you want has a better chance of making it in.

So in other words, he's spoken about them

>An attorney would hardly be the strangest character around.

Isabelle is right fucking there.

Sorry posted the wrong image

Attached: Heroine-mai.png (806x1156, 377K)

Thank you for agreeing with me, user.

>NO U!
That really the best you have?

>maybe it increases their chances
obviously not, since it's not even Sakurai picking
stop being obsessed over minor shit that Sakurai has said when it doesn't even matter for a pass that even Sakurai said was planned without his consent

>a pass that even Sakurai said was planned without his consent
When did he say this and if he hates doing it why did he agree to?

>but him at least knowing that a character exists is something, no?
Sakurai is a huge gamer and likely knows more characters that the average Yea Forumsirgin since he actually plays a bunch of video games. You don't need to worry yourself over shit like "Does Sakurai know my character exist?" when he most likely does, especially if it's a Japanese character.

Phoenix and Ammy. Capcom has the coolest IPs.

Chosen undead, amaterasu. Easy fucking peasy.

Attached: FEFEFF19-13B7-4ADE-813B-F502A651A9E1.gif (256x256, 161K)

It was from Sakurai's book. He talked about various Smash things.
smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-195#post-23349070
>Smash Ultimate's DLC wasn't a thing at the time around Famitsu column vol. 546 January 11th 2018, and it was planned without the developers will. (p165)
Sakurai in general doesn't like the concept of a season pass either. It was obvious that Nintendo has had more control over DLC than Sakurai since Sakurai tweeted that Nintendo made the selection and Nintendo was the one who decided when Joker would get revealed. People should stop being so Sakurai-focused for the DLC.

Uh.... I guess Crash and Morrigan

on the other hand, those franchises have longevity and staying power while fromsoft is already done with souls after only four games.

>believes a japanese retard who's unironically pulling a "dude trust me"
The absolute state of lloydfags

I mean the 3rd person action RPG boss centric game design style hasn't changed much and influences basically every 3rd person action game, including most recently BotW

it's usually the same retard pushing the leak, the one who wants fucking Lloyd and Colette

Klonoa and KOS-MOS.

>Souls shit
Imagine thinking we would be getting shit like that and not based Yuri Lowell

lmao are you the guy who thinks Souls can't make it into Smash Bros because he thinks Namco hates the souls series?

Not that guy, but I don't see how Namco being in Smash means FromSoftware has a shot. Namco just took over publishing duties for Daark Souls outside of Japan

Edelgard from 3 Houses
Lloyd

KOS-MOS and Dante.

Attached: New Smash DLC.png (1200x675, 1.04M)

I don't see how Namco being in Smash means other Namco characters have a chance. Also, Dark Souls was developed under a join venture between From and Namco so Namco actually does have some stake in the Souls series.

realistically and unironically. I don't want either but this is what I expect.

Attached: here's your fighter pass bro.png (1980x1109, 3.07M)

>I don't see how Namco being in Smash means other Namco characters have a chance.
That literally has nothing to do with what I just said
>Also, Dark Souls was developed under a join venture between From and Namco so Namco actually does have some stake in the Souls series.
This doesn't appear to be true at all, all I've seen online is that Namco took over publishing outside of Japan. Heck Namco didn't even appear to help with the remaster. Can you link some proof about this?

Dante is not getting in before Jilll or Leon. Look at these sales, kek. They don't even have his picture as the icon for the series LUL.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html

>That literally has nothing to do with what I just said
I just want to bully the retard who I originally replied to.
>This doesn't appear to be true at all
fromsoftware.jp/ww/company_history.html
>2010 September: Announces a joint business venture with Namco Bandai Games.
>2011 September: Develops the action RPG "DARK SOULS (PS3)" jointly with Namco Bandai Games.
it's literally on fromsoftware's website lmao

I'm still holding out hope for him getting in.

Attached: conker.png (1100x1046, 858K)

chosen undead and doomguy

Since Namco was just publishing it, doesn't that still mean that the two developed the game jointly? Publishing is part of video game development after all

Attached: EiHxj9O.png (789x282, 439K)

>first party DLC
Imagine actually believing this.

Attached: 1560279771767.png (750x750, 39K)

Not that guy but the answer is yes

If the DLC appeals to a range of different demographics, why have 3/5 be JRPG characters?

Anons, is it too late for my nigga Artorias?

Attached: C0122DD7-A93C-4C8E-BDF2-D6AAE665278C.jpg (850x1202, 184K)

Too true. I can't believe Banjo is the only good pick so far.

Attached: received_10155599009437709.jpg (857x720, 144K)

I genuinely don't care as long as it keeps appealing to me

Think of it like Bayonetta. The actual game was developed by Platinum but published by SEGA, since that was their partnership agreement. But SEGA has ownership of Bayonetta. If you want proof of this, notice how Platinum Games is absent under the character copyrights at the end of Banjo's trailer
youtu.be/I67pPXS96UI?t=144
also lol remember that time Namco filed a copyright complaint against the guy who made DSFix? yeah, pretty sure Namco has some stake in Dark Souls personally to have done that + they also list out Dark Souls in their financial statements

>If the DLC appeals to a range of different demographics, why have 3/5 be JRPG characters?
3 non-JRPG characters (P. Plant, Banjo, ???)
3 JRPG characters (Joker, Hero, ???)

Attached: tenor[1].gif (500x280, 1.04M)

>DLC is supposed to appeal to different demographics that otherwise wouldn't buy Smash
>Sakurai describes Smash as a celebration of ALL game subgenres
Are you guys ready for Rance, protagonist of the highly acclaimed 1989 eroge RPG franchise Rance, to represent porn games as the new Smash Ultimate Fighter Pass character?

Attached: 4cbdd51d5f8949518b91585ecbb4a2.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Piranha plant is not a part of the fighter pass.

>Think of it like Bayonetta. The actual game was developed by Platinum but published by SEGA, since that was their partnership agreement.
But by all accounts, Sega owns the IP for Bayonetta, not Platinum games. On the flip side, FromSoftware owns Dark Souls. And Namco doesn't own FromSoftware as a company.
>also lol remember that time Namco filed a copyright complaint against the guy who made DSFix?
Yeah because they're a publisher to the game outside of Japan. How is this shocking?
>yeah, pretty sure Namco has some stake in Dark Souls personally to have done that + they also list out Dark Souls in their financial statements
Yes they take a share of the profits from copies of Dark Souls sold outside of Japan. That's usually how these deals work.

He was replying to someone expecting Lloyd and Colette you idiot.

He was created by a second party though

>This game series not on Nintendo consoles with an extremely niche following will get in Smash
This is a pity (you) because you keep posting this and I'm actually getting depressed for you

Do you unironically believe it's a serious post? Holy shit.

No but you're clearly desperate for those (you)s so here's another

bruh

Attached: dude.png (285x285, 28K)

Nintendo pretty much owns the likeness for Waluigi now, so he's pretty much 1st party.

trademarks.justia.com/851/99/dark-85199221.html
Namco owns the trademark, bruh.
gameranx.com/updates/id/64011/article/demons-souls-remake-is-up-to-sony-since-they-own-the-ip-could-happen-through-another-developer/
>The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment’s IP
t. Miyazaki
damn bro, you seem really insistent that Namco doesn't have a stake in Dark Souls but you don't seem to be familiar with the legal issues behind everything

I agree, that Rance guy is sad

>Namco owns the trademark, bruh.
They're the publishers for the game outside of Japan, so of course they have the trademark for it outside of Japan. Seriously do you know how these things work?
>damn bro, you seem really insistent that Namco doesn't have a stake in Dark Souls but you don't seem to be familiar with the legal issues behind everything
I've said over and over again that they have publishing rights outside of Japan. That's not "no stakes in the series". And Namco doesn't even help publish the game in Japan. They do appear to have some level of ownership over the Dark Souls IP though
>but you don't seem to be familiar with the legal issues behind everything
That's rich, seeing as you don't understand how publishing works

His Spirit fight is blue Ike with giant Wolf holding Killer Edge

you say that like souls invented that style. souls wasn't even the first fromsoft series to do that, shadow tower and king's field predate it. and even those were inspired by ultima underworld.

Medusa

Attached: 1375382936776.jpg (962x1200, 619K)

Sure but Dark Souls was the flash in the pan game that was the right-place-right-time and vindicated the desire for difficulty in games in a time where the industry as trending towards more casual, accessible games

>Provide evidence of Namco having a stake in the Dark Souls series, including Miyazaki saying the IP belongs to Namco
>Ignores it
lmao
typical Yea Forums