Hello i am the best FPS map of the last 9 years

hello i am the best FPS map of the last 9 years

Attached: mikael-nellfors-003.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oWbFDwrtQqQ
youtube.com/watchv=JVlSSMTQOuM
youtube.com/watch?v=JVlSSMTQOuM
youtu.be/fLsTIpK1fYE
youtu.be/wRmzHwJqxAo
youtube.com/watch?v=u6uiyP_PxJk
bf4stats.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=S0aXAm0jqd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to bad the game was shit

>battlefield 3
>bad
>>>/reddit/

If Im looking to play BF3 MP whats the best option?
Official from Origin or a pirate copy and private servers?

koth_suijin

Metro...home...

origin official copy, the game is still alive
barely, but alive

HELLO SON
PLEASE COME BACK
PLEASE I BEG YOU COME BACK TO BATTLEFIELD
T. ABSOLUTELY NOT DICE

Attached: BF5_Operation_Underground.png (1225x675, 1.24M)

Rush is fucking garbage, they should've brought Damavand over to BF4 instead. At least then 4 would have ONE good rush map

BFV is shit.

.t someone who bought it who thought it might be good.

Sad to see the absolute state of BF
This map was rightfully considered utter trash by most people here back in the day

>BFV is shit
can't argue with that, user
but BF4 was also shit
give it time, boyo

Ahem...

Attached: Arica.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

Man the final point was such a shitfest every time

...home...

It's fucking insane just how good BC2's maps were across the board.

The entire series is shit you nigger, typical regenerating health modern casual garbage.

It was brought down by shit maps, lack of good rush maps, samey-feeling weapons in comparison to 3 and overpowered vehicles (especially attack heli). There's a reason my favourite server was infantry only Dragon Valley HC, it avoided all the worst parts of the game.

>what is battlefield pre bfbc1

>regenerating health
>he never played hardcore

What a fucking beta bitch.

Posting based maps

Attached: 8872733839_eb0b15bde6_b.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

then bfv sounds like just the game for you, user.

Best Battlefield game is a dead mod
youtu.be/oWbFDwrtQqQ

the best part of this map was the constant grenade chucking at that stairwell underground

Attack heli were way more overpowered in 3

Really? I want to try it but after playing the BF1 beta a while ago I didn't like the direction they were taking classes etc in. Is it much of a jump from BF4 to BFV?

BF3 was brilliant, fag. That map was exactly average

> lack of good rush maps

Do not play rush user. Conquest is the only battlefield mode. And titan.

Best map of all time coming through

Attached: serveimage(2).jpg (1600x1067, 325K)

Attached: the-maps-of-battlefield-2-part-1-20050613043941802.jpg (390x387, 92K)

Attached: csgo-mirage-scene.jpg (1500x1000, 291K)

>tfw you could put an extended magazine on the IAR and RPK at launch, basically giving you a 100 round assault rifle
Shit was so rad

Attached: 1453494265131.gif (160x120, 772K)

good maps, just few of them
rush is part of the operations mode
weapons are all different
vehicles are not overpowered and perfectly balanced
ttk for weapons is the lowest it has been in the series
the game is shit, but not for gameplay reasons.
infact, i think the game is easily the best in terms of gameplay if you can ignore all the retarded sjwism

Great job on hating something good, friend. You'll fit in just fine.

The time I have spent on metro
>The loading screen for maximum immersion youtube.com/watchv=JVlSSMTQOuM

I miss this

Attached: 1555947517929.jpg (400x461, 136K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JVlSSMTQOuM fixed*

Attached: 52156118641424.jpg (680x501, 73K)

>Do not play rush user
Rush on Damavand peak is fucking top-tier gameplay

I'll wait till it gets dedicated servers. I fucking can't stand matchmaking, there's no sense of community.

>The entire series is shit
spotted the zoomer that hasn't played any of the pre-bad company battlefields

>dedicated servers
so like, next month?
you do realize nobody uses matchmaking and you can still use the normal servers, right?

I've played this for about 10 years now and it never gets old.

Attached: SMoocIO.jpg (1280x960, 202K)

Wow. So DICE managed to squeeze out a single good map for 8 years.

How do I get 64 player bots working on this? I just want to play Oman and fly around in the heli

if it didnt have that shit web client as a server browser i'd still play it from time to time

Attached: 1355bbb1b27ed374e59586d4b431e36b.jpg (1024x748, 154K)

>constant nade spam
>no flanking
>infantry only
kys, i bet you're one of those lmg fags who just stay prone and hold mouse 1

it has more players than bf4 lol

BF4 is the same but better

>2011 was 8 years ago

BF3 was the last BF game I played. I actually miss it. Such simple times.

>just got a 9-5 $12/hr at a print shop
>rebuilt my PC
>would get home at 6pm and jump into BF3 with friends until 11pm dominating maps and charts
>getting kicked from servers because friend and I would both have stupid KDRs of shit like 40 - 2 and would cap guarded objectives with just the two of us
>both of us would get vote kicked on any map with helos thanks to TV missles
>haven't played FPS competitively in so long that my aiming skills and attentiveness are garbage now

I tried playing BFV, which came with my RTX2080 for free, and it was disgraceful how bad I played. I think I ended a match at 0 - 12 at one point because I couldn't see fucking shit through all the smoke on the map.

Roundhouse and Seelow was so good for 1v1's.

did they really remake it again? I get the need and desire for a compact CQC grinder but shit, at least come up with a new setting like 4 did with Op. Lockers

not really that impressive, given 3/4th of the current bf4 playerbase is faked players

this holy fuck, i cant believe people actually like metro
that shit is borderline unplayable, what a garbage fucking map

me and my little brother would play roundhouse 1vs1 shotguns only all the time. besides that we never really played local but that was a fun time

>regenerating health
that's the shitty console games, retard

not yet out
being made by the same people that made operation metro back in bf3
coming in october
those that played it at E3 said it's pretty much metro but with less chokepoints
also there is finally a brand new map above the metro, that links both spawns

>Makin on 64 player servers
FUCK CLIFFSIDE

Attached: 1412966322019.jpg (393x317, 27K)

If there’s one thing BF1 did right it was the ‘everyone screaming at the top of their lungs as they charge the next set of enemy trenches’ atheistic
youtu.be/fLsTIpK1fYE

AHEM

Attached: file.png (510x287, 194K)

are you talking about the servers showing up as full or nearly full but when you join its 5 players on each team? i just downloaded bf4 and none of the servers are showing the correct amount.

yes
welcome to seeding
bf4 has been overrun with that
some say it's a virus, some say it's the server owners doing it on purpose
nobody fully knows
the point is, bf4stats reports these servers as "full", and counts the players as they were real, when infact they aren't
no wonders the game still has 10k players on the site
there are plugins for chrome and bblog to check the actual playercounts
bf4 is absolutely dead save for prime hours (noon to evening in the weekends)

Attached: unnamed.jpg (640x400, 85K)

youtu.be/wRmzHwJqxAo

Attached: 1487667625112.png (919x720, 1.06M)

cliffside was a good sniper map. nothing wrong with it.

and goddamn, the best feeling gun in any game ever was the moist nugget with ironsights. getting that TINK from good distances away was so satisfying.

AHEM

Attached: download (8).jpg (1024x576, 131K)

Fuck dude,

>get home
>jump into BF3
>dominate Bazar with my buddy going 30-0 while circle-capping flags with just the two of us
>laying claymores and C4 along the roads in case anyone tried to get fresh with the humvee for APB or w/e
>would join matches mid-game and completely flip the match in our team's favor
>even joined a group match mid-game, premade squads versus randoms
>lost, but gave them such a fun fight that they ended up recruiting us into their group
>end up playing with them until the close quarters DLC came out and everyone got bored because the game basically became a corridor shooter for fucking months
>final DLC comes out with those massive maps
>everyones already moved on to other shit

We all tried getting back together for BF4, but I was so busy with school and work that I didn't have time. Wish I could go back and experience it all again tho.

>get home
>those three buddies you had that were always on
>squad up
>load all of us into a heli
>two engis constantly repairing it
>other two flying/weapons
>absolutely romp on everyone trying to capture points

At one point, we flew into the enemy team's side, stole both their helis somehow, and we ended up with four helis all circling over points, acting as respawn points for the entire team. God I miss those times.

Attached: 1560931898225.jpg (918x804, 110K)

I know Yea Forums hates any FPS on Consoles, however both BC2 and BF3 have a special place in my hearth. I wish I could go back for the hype

Attached: 800px-Keanu_Reeves_at_São_Paulo,_Brazil_--_2019-04-03_(cropped).jpg (800x941, 143K)

Rust is still and always will be the best.

>FPS on consoles
excuse me but this was the shit before BF3 came out.

Attached: BF2MC.jpg (288x346, 24K)

Dominating the shit out of maps was amazing.

My favorite part about flying heli was that just before BF3 came out, I had just done another annual run of San Andreas months before. Fun fact: Heli controls in BF3 were exactly the same as in SA. WSAD to control rotors and turn, NUM-8462 to control pitch and rolls.

We would jump into caspian, wait for random faggot #232 to finally crash the attack heli, jack it before they could spawn into it, and wreak constant havok on EVERYONE.

>hop in attack heli
>strafe flags and gun down enemy team so team mates could move in
>fly low as fuck hugging the dirt roads and clipping enemies with my rotor blades
>shit on occasional anti-air vehicles
>bring down tower early as possible to prevent shitters from sniping all match
>had controls down so tight I could hug the fucking roads with my nose going 200mph, cut a turn, missle barrage a flag, and be fucking gone in seconds

Take me back.

>Best map
>grenade throwing simulator

the best part of bf3 was playing it with /vg/

>bf3 came out 8 years ago

>Caspian
Holy shit I loved defending on that map so fucking much. I remember my buddies and I would take suicide missions into the spawn to try and steal tanks to mount up a proper defense. It was so fucking fun holy shit.

>levolution
>in bf3
user...

>join match mid-game
>spawn at that point just before the stairwells that lead up and towards the streets
>instantly spawn in and get grenaded by grenade spam
>some turbo-fag runs in with the assault shotty back when it was bugged, and just effortlessly takes down my squad as it spawns in near the locker room
>pretty much dying instantaneously as I spawn in
>friend joins, we spawn a flag back so we can creep up
>end up flanking enemy team as all the randos push up the side stairs, causing their team to ignore the escalators
>end up capping the flag just the two of us
>run out of tickets anyway and lose

I hated Metro. Fuck that map. That beginning area with all the gardens where shitters would just snipe was the worst. That section would pretty much determine how the rest of the game would go.

>levolution

What? I've no idea what you're implying here.

>I hated Metro. Fuck that map.
Sounds to me like you just sucked.

AL KUMBULA

>when flags positions werent just straight lines

god the beta was fun in that game. Not knowing the map made it feel so much more fun. rush is the best gamemode btw. too bad theres no servers for it outside of bfbc2

Attached: DDB793E1-8353-47ED-B5EE-BE2E0067D769.jpg (923x517, 109K)

>assault shotty back when it was bugged

It was slug rounds, and they weren't bugged. They were just balanced like shit. You could 1 shot people from across the map, and servers ended up locking them from loadouts for a while until they got nerfed.

My problem with BF3 though was the constant up and down nerfing and buffing of weapons. Every fucking patch I had to change my favorite weapon and get used to them all over again.

>M416 was my baby
>gets nerfed, move on to AK-76
>AK-76 gets nerfed, move on to G36
>G36 gets nerfed, move on back to 416
>gets nerfed again, quit game because BF4 is on the horizon

>tfw still regularly play BC2,BF3,BF4

i'd still play 2142 if the revival didn't get killed

soul

has there ever been a better headshot sound than the *TINK* in waw?

the only other headshot sound that is engrained in my mind is the crunchy one from timesplitters 2 when you decap zombies.

BF3 was fun, but I hated how shit would get rebalanced all the time. I assume it was due to the initial launch being balanced around open maps, but then the DLC came out with all those tight maps, and everything got rebalanced for close quarters. Then a new DLC comes out with bigger maps, and shit gets rebalanced again.

>people still play BF3

I should reinstall it.

Agreed, would have been way more interesting if they let the maps decide the meta, rather than trying to rebalance everything to suit the map. Fuckin bet it would have had players on their toes with new loadouts.

All the good maps are barely populated or completely dead though.

are there any active rush servers or is it all 24/7 conquest?

Metro was fucking garbage in every way possible. Kill yourself for real this time, OP.

Attached: 1558149546600.jpg (818x503, 163K)

the only servers I see are a few conquest and a few TDM. rarely ever see a rush server and even rarer a populated DLC map anything

and im the best fps map ever
youtube.com/watch?v=u6uiyP_PxJk

You have to turn off the high effects and oyh6er graphics settings these days otherwise you can't see shit. I find that really odd considering shooters are known for their graphical fidelity.

>each map has a unique weapon stat balance applied across weapons

Such a simple solution. Nobody would ever do it though. You wouldn't even need to have 12 different weapon spreadsheets either. Just have 2. One sheet for open maps, another for tight maps. Viola. You now have 2 balance sheets.

Faq thats the worst map in the game

>decide to fire up BF3 on a friday night
>theres a back to karkand DLC server running
>nearly full
>play out all the maps again
based sharqi, based wake island, based karkand, based oman

I recall reinstalling two years back out of curiosity, and only finding 3 or 4 servers being populated. It was either the cargo docks, or metro. Not wanting to play either of those, I think I fucked around in SP for a minute before closing out and uninstalling.

Do people still play BF4? I got into the beta, but ultimately never bought the game because something about the beta just didn't sit well with me, and it was also around the time EA was at their peak with all the bullshit practices, so I was avoiding giving EA any money out of principle for a long ass time.

Unfortunate. The game looks fucking stellar and runs amazing on my 2080 RTX, but holy fuck. The particle density on some of those maps is unreal. You can't see shit, yet somehow get headshot non-stop. It was so confusing, and among the constant deaths and frustrations, I gave up trying to be useful to my team, and focused on just trying to get the mechanics and feel for everything down.

Haven't gone back since though. It just sits in my library with maybe 2 or 3 hours played.

Bridges of Druzhina, home

Then go suck a pacifier and start wearing diapers.
Less people will think you're retarded than trying to force "BF3 wasn't unplayable shit". Even on PC the game was broken because of its shit engine.
"Waaah I wanna be 13 again" posters are the first against the wall. Lower than Wojak

same deal for me except i didnt play with friends just who ever happened to be in my squad.

I did it with BF4 also. fucking every day I'd pick up a energy drink and start BF4

Game was great, connection and bugs weren't. Not as bad as BF4 though.

bf4stats.com/

I haven't played BF4 in a long while. I actually didn't play it very long period. The launch was super bumpy, and it was riddled with bugs and glitches. I played it for maybe 2 months with friends before dropping it altogether.

Id gladly pitch in for a Yea Forums bf3 server. maps and gamemodes decided by a vote in a thread. theres no general for battlefield so i guess its not very popular so it probably wouldnt be very active.

i want bad company 2 to be alive again

isnt there a vote mod that brings up llike 6-8 different maps and modes? like you type /6 damavand peak [R] or /4 caspian border [CQ]

>8,633 player peak within the last 24hrs
>$19.99 on Origin

Hmm. Might give it a shot.

it is alive.

oh that could work. I was thinking like gamemode rotations and maps so the server didnt devolve into a 2fort mess of the same map. let the thread decide and go from there.

I used to play a lot of Quake 2 and Quake 3 multiplayer with friends, but then stopped for a really long time.

Went back to play when Unreal 3 came out, and I was super shit. Had to spend a lot of time getting better and rebuilding my accuracy.

Just put a bunch of time in, you'll eventually get back to where you were, or close to it.

>Metro
>Operation Locker
>Rust
>Shipment
>Nuketown

Why do people like shit meat grinder maps like this? Is this the reason modern FPS maps are all boring "three straight lanes" circle jerks?

Attached: 1560543764063.png (618x618, 647K)

Just go prone and use a flak vest

Be warned. Fake players.

Attached: bf4.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I liked Metro and Lockers for grinding out weapon parts and class challenges, but I normally can’t stand it for more than 30 minutes

zoomers

What French subway station is this based off of?

>there are people that dont play with original voice overs

Nevermind. Not gonna drop $20 on a game with falsely populated servers.

bf3 was not a bad game, nigger. i played all of them.

no
dont
game is dead because seriously, fake players killed the game
it has less players han bf3

$20 is a lot for a 7-year-old game.

>fake players

Why

youtube.com/watch?v=S0aXAm0jqd0

Attached: 1375290331113.gif (253x190, 476K)

i literally just played bf4 with my japanese friend days ago and we didnt have any trouble finding servers in all regions.

retard

Noshr canal in BF 3 was better than life.
I played hundreds of hours of tdm on that time it was amazing.
People think metro was most famous but it actually noshr canal tdm and it had multiple 24/7 servers.

Definitely this

>zoomers are now nostalgic for BF3
holy shit lmao

some servers with 40 players also show up as 60-player servers

it's definitely terrible

It was first battlefield game which gave them popularity. No matter what you say bfbc2 didn't get them the fame which bf3 gave.
Personally my favourite map is blood gulch from halo CE, majority of Yea Forums was not even born when that game came out and I'm glad that after halo MCC on PC even zoomers can enjoy it.
I don't know how good/bad remaster of halo CE maps they did but it will still be fun.

Attached: bf3_magnum.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

i'm not saying the game is absolutely dead with 0 players
it's just really hard to find games on niche maps\modes because of the aforementioned reason
all those babbies that go on bf4stats and say stuff like "hurr bf4 is still as popular as bf1 and bfv!!!" have no fucking clue what they're talking about

What FPS do I play? Just got a new gaming PC after being a console pleb for forever.

Currently looking at for multiplayer:

Hell Let Loose
Squad
Battalion 1944
Hunt Showdown
Insurgency Sandstorm
R6 Siege (altho gotta pay a lot to get all the characters?)

Singleplayer:

Might grab Amid Evil.

Oh and is quake champions any good?

Not into that BR type shit

no that's a shit map and you are a faggot.

despite what the Yea Forums hivemind says, battlefield 1 and battlefield v are really good games
they have some flaws, but they are easily the best fps currently
other games that you might like are rising storm 2 for the vietnam feel, siege for the modern feel or mw releasing this winter
all those alternative indie games like the ones you mentioned, especially squad, B1944, HLL and Post Scriptum are definitely not bad games, but they have a ton of issues that define them as nothing more but indie games
>is quake champions good
it was never good
if you're into classics stick to quake arena
if you like babby shooters play fornite\apex
if you're a complete utter fucking moron play overwatch\similar games

Does 3 still have that?

Siege is the only one of those games with active multiplayer. Squad is basically just larping rejects who couldn't handle arma jank, hunt is neverever mini-battle royale and insurgency has never really taken off at the same caliber as the mod.

Quake champions is awful, if you want to play quake just go play quake.

But that's a picture of Metro, not Kharg Island.

>R6 Siege (altho gotta pay a lot to get all the characters?)
yeah we know you were a console pleb lmao.

hunt showdown is unironically fucking great

There hasn't been a good FPS in 20 years, so it doesn't matter.

Dead in some regions so watch out where you live.

>Why
People sort servers by players so having a populated server with a few slots open looks attractive.
Only they join, load in and it's them and one other guy.

People actually think Battlefield got better when the maps got smaller and have less height

This map was great, defending the first point with an M95, you could just pick off players in the air while they parachute in from the spawn planes

Two words
Nose
Hair
Canals

>generic subway system
"realism" is what killed fps and game design