Its kino

its kino.

Attached: file.png (600x749, 648K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBcLs8EozCc
pcgamer.com/judgment-may-come-to-pc-says-producer/
siliconera.com/2019/06/24/yakuza-producer-says-that-yakuza-kenzan-could-get-a-kiwami-version/
gamewith.jp/judgeeyes/article/show/134571
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/news/tag/39/index.html
youtu.be/ILEef5FvyYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is

Whose kino?

Everytime I read the word "KINO" being used like that I'm not surprised that I quickly find out that the guy who typed it is either a weeb or a faggot.

This will bomb. Yakuza fans in the west only want to play as Kiryu. Get ready for Sega to bring him back after 7 bombs over here too.

Still I'm wondering if should get this game or not, anyone play it and can write something more than stupid buzzword?
How detective stuff work? All this trailing and taking photos seems boring. Thoughts about new combat? Any interesting new minigames or all rip-off from Kiwami 2?

I'm about 10 hours in and getting a little tired of the fights all being the same. Do they get more varied later on?

it's terrible is what it fucking is
all the DE games have been shit

My copy arrived earlier today, looking forward to some detective kino.

pleb taste in vidya confirmed

you retards insisted the FOTNS game was kino every day up until release and then for a week and then everyone decided to be honest and accept it was absolute dogshit
I sometimes feel like you're trying to convince yourselves more than others. it's not kino. it's a 7/10 if you were to be VERY generous.

>detective part is forgetable but the story is solid
>side quests are well designs espeically if you complete them
>secret boss is fun and unique
>arcade mini-games worth a try has a new zombie shooting game others are in one yakuza or other
>drone-racing is challenging
>battle system has a lot copy-paste but progress very well so endgame is good
>still listen to theme and ending song

it's worthy

>and then everyone decided to be honest and accept it was absolute dogshit
this literally didn't happen, everyone liked the game

First Yakuza game? No, strap in for 100 hours of the same thing.

well good thing that the other character is literally Kiryu in every way except looks.

I saw a black dude in it in one of the japanese gameplay, who the fuck was he?
Why is there black people in japanese game?

that's not true. FotNS really wasn't good.

best yakuza game since zero. but still not as good as yakuza 2, the best yakuza game. FUCK KIWAMI NIGGERS

It's a wanna be Vidya Japanese dramashow? how is it then?

in yakuza games the main story is treated deadly serious while all the side content is light-hearted jap humor.

>the main story is treated deadly serious
Then why is it written so badly?

I already know about this i played yakuza myself, im just asking about judgment since the MC is a popular dramashow actor

Black people exist in japan

Fuck off, I would play a game just about Akiyama

Are you Japanese? If not then you can't say the writing is bad because you have not seen it in its original form.

lol

have sex

I guess nobody here can say the writing is good either then

That's right we will never know if Japanese games have good or bad writing because we are not Japanese so it's a mystery.

Looks like the DLC is up now. They combined all the single items into combined DLC packs for $8 which are hilariously overpriced but technically cheaper than the JP packs. There's also a free DLC for some random health items.

I'll buy all the DLC to support Yakuza releases in the west

oh yeah please give me another yakuza game essentially, but with more shit chases crammed in

fucking brilliant you are such a patrician

why

Yakuza is fucking dead in the water on all fronts.

in b4 reddit zoomers complain about day one DLC costing $8 per pack

lrn2 greentext you dumb reddit or

no, it's just going back to being a niche series with a small but comfy fanbase before 0babbys and portbeggers changed that.

why is it okay when yakuza rehashes the same exact map and dumb minigames for 70 games

Idiots will complain about the DLC but the packs are technically cheaper than the JP packs

>muh sekrit club

shut the fuck up
sales have been declining with every title and Japan doesn't like Ichiban

Not enough detective, too much kiryu i mean not-kiryu

>watch people playing this game on EX Hard
>it still allows players to chug healing items and spam heat actions to destroy a boss's lifebar

I just want a 3D beat em up where players duck, dodge and weave between enemy attacks without relying on RPG mechanics or being punctuated by long cinematics in each fight. I just want a modern Streets of Rage. I already played God Hand. I want something newer.

At least the soundtrack is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=XBcLs8EozCc

Attached: 1560771717028.jpg (250x250, 11K)

No it isn't

Attached: 1561053142563.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

it's not

fuck off shitposter
the yakuza combat is perfect. it makes me feel like a badass.

yeah what idiots not paying for tripe dlc lmao

There’s been black guys in previous yakuza games too

>No it isn't

I'm loving your denial.

losing karaoke may have actually been worth it for the drone racing.

I'm on chapter 6 and it's pretty good, but the mini-game department feels real lacking. I'm hoping they reuse the friendship mechanics in Shin because it's a good way to add a bit more character to the city as well.

Only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I can't decide whether to wait for the PC release (if even there will be one). Otherwise I'm willing to buy and play it asap. Help me bros...

Attached: 1556040692452.jpg (720x543, 25K)

Is this really a PS4 game?

if you want to play it now, then play it now.
woah that was hard

They do a really good job at making you hate the characters that you should hate. Hamura is an absolutely despicable fuck

make your own decisions instead of asking faceless shitposters on an indonesian quilting forum to think for you.

Yakuza fans famously have incredibly low standards, and even they don't think Judgement is great. Wait for it to come to PC and go on sale. There is absolutely no reason to rush to play this.

>mfw I got RGG5 remaster instead of this and it was $15 cheaper

Attached: 1557412623161.gif (480x270, 1.48M)

Right now the devs are saying Judgment is only a consideration for PC so you could potentially be waiting more than a year for it.
pcgamer.com/judgment-may-come-to-pc-says-producer/
If you're patient you could just wait it out but who knows how long that'll be considering they might be working on 3-5 HD ports instead.

Standard jap melodrama. Nothing in this feels like anything I haven't seen a million times before.

Did SEGA not give out free DLC with their updates like they do with the Yakuza games? I mean it's not the end of the world if they didn't, but it's still a little sad seeing that tradition go away.

they downgraded the living fuck out of the engine and I don't know why as it doesn't even run any better than K2 on a Pro

>that substories when you trying to help girl abused by her husband
>that girl is Haruka
sorry for spoiler, but this was so intense I just have to share it with people. makes me sick.

Dragon Engine always looks like shit during the day.

fuck this shit gimmie Ishin

siliconera.com/2019/06/24/yakuza-producer-says-that-yakuza-kenzan-could-get-a-kiwami-version/

>Nothing in this feels like anything I haven't seen a million times before.
Music to an autistic weeb's ears

nice try

WAT

Haruka is in this? So the Chinese guy from Yakuza 6 abuses her?

I have been mocked in the past for not getting emotional during some of "the great" films and tv shows out there. (I'm a little autistic) But Yakuza and anime can make me emotional because the writing is melodramatic and it's always very clear what I should be feeling. The music helps, but mostly I like that the characters all say clearly how they are feeling and what they are thinking. This helps me understand them and I can feel myself getting emotional from the sad parts.

They should have named it Yakuza: Judgment or something just for brand recognition. Judgment is painfully generic.

good. there’s over a dozen of these fucking games now it's time to let it rest.

no you fucking retard

Maybe they don't want people to know that it has bad gameplay until they've bought it.

I wasn't exactly enthralled with it. The fighting was boring up until you could just instantly kill people and the grind for the 100% of substories in the hostess clubs is downright inexcusable.
Plus the FUCKING STIRRING IN THE BAR FUCK YOU NOT RUINING MY FUCKING THUMB FOR THAT.

There's no in-game DLC like you'd usually get with the series in Judgment, just regular DLC.
gamewith.jp/judgeeyes/article/show/134571
The news section doesn't mention anything either like with all the other games, it just speaks of the announcement, the Perfect Report novel, and the New Price version which is the one where they took out Pierre and have the western art alongside another picture of Yagami on it on the reversible cover.
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/news/tag/39/index.html

Imagine being Kiryu right now lmao

Attached: 1557354941923.png (1280x803, 1.26M)

they should've called it Judge Ass lmao

What the fuck is the time lapse from 2 to 6?

Kino Ribs, he is a profesional motion capture guy

>Then why is it written so badly?
Holy shitballs we got a naysayer here.

Yakuza 0 is the only one that sold well, and a lot of people will never buy another Yakuza game after that because they got bored of it before the end.

Then don't fucking use the healing items and shit.
Amon was designed for bitching and moaning faggots like you.

Even as a fan I can admit the writing is terrible. The same nonsensical twists being pulled out of nowhere wouldn't be forgiven in anything else.

Considering there are new Yakuza games coming out every month right now they probably want to look like they're not churning out rehashes using the exact same assets each time

Even if that's what they're doing.

Ah, that's too bad then. I'm surprised they went that long without charging for it, desu.

Same for me
I like that at all times there is never any question how I am supposed to be feeling or thinking during a scene

>hey should we market our game at all
>no just give influencers a bunch of free shit

brilliant

youtu.be/ILEef5FvyYs

I thought japan was supposed to be the promised land.

Yeah, the reward for system data of another game is also only 50k yen so I don't get why they're being so stingy all of a sudden. It was just SSR stuff in 6 and K2 which you didn't need unless you were playing 6's online mode, alternate narrators in Ishin but there's a default one that's just fine, and now they're doing all of this for Judgment. Most of it's just cosmetic stuff, but the incense/orb thing is a low blow to be honest. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue with Shin, especially if the April Fools mode ends up making it into the game.

Buy now pirate later.
Works for me every time.

>Series is about yakuza/criminals getting a second chance and having moras and codes of honour
>Voice actor snorts a bit at home
>YOU NO SNIFF A COCAINE DING DONG BANNU NO GEIMU FOR YOU
Sega are so incompetent I'm amazed they're still alive. The only series they develop at the moment is Sonic and Yakuza and they're fucking up both of them.

Attached: 57160947_627390907700581_6497536038464913408_n.jpg (725x423, 11K)

>reviewers are giving us low scores because our game is bad
>send youtubers "swag" so they say we're sooo coool thanks guys!!! check out the game it's really fun!!!!

>doing drugs is fine

look at this fucking degenerate.

WHY?
Who's the one in judgment too?

this looks terrible

Are you me?
This is probably why I also watch a lot of children's entertainment (anime, cartoons, comic book movies) instead of all the normie shit other people my age do
Children's media is just easier to understand emotionally
I'm also a big fan of Yakuza and Persona

what is this game about
is it an extension of yakuza or a different game
how's the gameplay

>reviewers are giving us low scores because our game is bad

liar

That's how the japanese society is, they look down upon those who use drugs

Why did they give it low scores when they gave other yakuza games good scores then?

they didn't

So do any good friends show up along the way? Aside from the obligatory Amon fight, that is.

>Amon fight

nope

Amon’s a different guy and the Fotns fight is canon.

>give a yakuza game 8/10
>give a yakuza game 6/10
see this is why you can't listen to cultural marxist soiguzzler nigger loving faggots who only have one purpose in life: shitting on japanese games and the proud gamers who play them, well we will NOT be shamed. these videogame """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""journalists""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" are bugmen and while saying judgement reuses assets is technically true they're clearly only saying it to push a pro-tranny narrative

if sega did nothing they'd be seen as incompetent and worse in Japan.

>30fps

n-no thanks

If reusing assets is why Judgment is getting a low score I'm surprised it didnt happen to the Yakuza series sooner.

I'm honestly surprised how poor it is. I thought they were going to do a bunch of new things but ultimately you're just doing the same old shit I've done in 7 other games, over and over. Kino my ass.

Considering this is PS4 game, it's literally kino.

That's the regular framerate for the series so it's either that or wait a long while.

>if sega did nothing they'd be seen as incompetent and worse in Japan.
Japan still sees them as competent?

>the Fotns fight is canon.
What? How?
I know there is an Amon fight in the game, though

SAME FUCKING CITY

The original Jo amon got killed by kenshiro judgment amon is just another sibling

Guess I'm waiting.

Attached: 1261500044455.jpg (681x587, 39K)

Apparently Shin wants revenge because Jo died after he went through the wormhole to the FotNS world.

Attached: Fist of the North Star_ Lost Paradise_20181021161553.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

Kiryu is one of the most boring protags I've ever played as. He's such a dull faggot

It took you 10 years worth of games to realize that?

Wait, what does this game have to do with HnK?

the game they always wanted to make they said,
10years for this.....
nothing but pure shit after yakuza 2

Yakuza game with hnk’s skin. Or if you meant lost paradise just references.

Are the two English scripts different in side quests and unvoiced dialogue?

>Yakuza fans in the west only want to play as Kiryu
That's a prejudiced statement. Everyone assumes Americans only care about Kiryu, but that's merely because previous Yakuza games forced us to play as side characters that were barely relevant to the main story. Yakuza 0 got it right by having Kiryu and Majima as characters of equal importance.

Will it bomb? Most definitely, why play through the same exact locations from Yakuza, while being some literal who? They should have used brand new locations instead of slapping new textures on the same old areas.

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI 2_20190308002249.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

>no karaoke

>They should have used brand new locations instead of slapping new textures on the same old areas.

Attached: 15583543250349.jpg (870x675, 129K)

What game had the worst Amon fight? I personally hated 6's the most but a lot of people say Kiwami.

FOTNS is kino you absolute pleb

Kiwami or Ishin. Both more or less require Tiger Drop for the fight, it's not possible to beat them without it unless you can somehow play for half an hour to an hour perfectly, Ishin's would take you even longer without abusing Tiger Drop. Just look at how much damage he does to you, and this is with the best gear in the game. Meanwhile with one of the best swords in the game that you can get outside of his sword you deal chip damage, I'm talking like a one or two pixel line per slash if you don't Tiger Drop.

Attached: I love Amon.webm (1280x720, 1.4M)

do you honestly believe that? would you hand your copy to someone and tell them it was an incredible videogame?

Who cares retard

Oh, and if we count Dead Souls then Dead Souls is by a large margin the worst Amon. He's piss easy, he only has like two attacks, when you first encounter him he can instantly kill you causing you to have to redo the entire 40 floor trek of the Underground Subterranea back to him (Because you basically just need to survive for 30 seconds for him to leave and actually encounter you outside of it), and he's just not really fun to fight at all.

What made you hate 6?

>Japan doesn't like Ichiban
Mobile animu skinnerbox gobbling gookchinks don't like something that isn't the lowest common denominator comfort food type bullshit, what a surprise.
I'd still request a source on your claims though I'm not delusional enough to think you'll actually follow through

This isn't really true. Yakuza 0 spawned a lot of fans and it's because Majima's story is so utterly fucking based. Kiwami 2 is the second best game because he gets his own short story again.

>6’s amon
But yeah, his drone stuff might’ve seemed like a pain but it wasn’t too hard to adjust to them.

Yes. It’s better than 99% of the trash released in the last 5 years

Most people just don't like the insta-kill from the explosions which is a fair enough complaint. It's pretty easy not to have it happen though since you just need to grab a Roomba and throw it at him for most of them to explode or just run to the other side of the map. They also start beeping quickly and loudly if they're going to explode soon.

I'm only a couple hours in so far, but I like the combat better than Kiwami 2. Feels more precise and weighty despite the fact you play as a kung fu luchadore.

Yeah I don't recall having any issues in Dead SOuls with the Amon fights there. Did them really quickly. Dead Souls mode though Jesus fucking Christ there's certain bits in that that make you want to kill niggers. There's this one room with Goda where you're just swarmed by zombies the moment you enter and there's furniture everywhere that they can knock you into. The Basan Prototype is also fucking awful, same with the infamous vehicle section. The very start of the game is one of the hardest bits I thought. No idea why I got that Platinum.

Read a review, nigger

I did my 100% on DS mode and outside of the underground of Theater Square and very early on I didn't have too much trouble. The Ryuji chase is horrible though, I'm with you there. The worst part was that even if you were perfect it was basically random if you beat the Prototype chasing you or not.

yes, absolutely, pleb

How does it rank among other Yakuza games? I've played only 0 and am unsure which to play next because 3,4, and 5 arent on ps4 for english.

I only played up to chapter 5 but if it keeps up with this tone i'd say it will only be behind 0.
I remember people shilling that 1 and 2 were written by a pro criminal fiction author but those games stories still had a lot of retarded shit happening, this one actually feels like it was written by a proper writer.

just play kiwami 1 and then 2. You can play judgment whenever tho. 6 is bad gameplay wise because it's the first game using dragon engine. Since you still have 3 more yakuza games left now other than 6 you might as well leave it for last and see if maybe 3 will come out in english soon.

Attached: AURORABOREALIS.jpg (1200x675, 82K)

Oh yeah this thread made me remember I didn't play FOTNS. Demo feel kinda cheap even by Yakuza standards, but combat was good enough.
shame no one bought this game and it's still expensive

It goes on sale every now and then. I'd honestly say even if you're a fan of either series it isn't worth it.

I'll just play Judgement then and hope that the other 3 are released in meantime. The thing is, while I'd most like to play them in order, if I'm gonna do a massive skip between Kiwami and 6 where I skip 3 whole games, then it really doesn't make a difference to me whether I play 6 first or last, since I'm gonna have to read up on wiki what happens in the 3 inbetween games either way.

I’m a western Yakuza fan and I can be done with Kiryu. The unforgivable part here is that it’s STILL in MOTHERFUCKING Kamurocho. Do something else — ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL — fucking hacks.

>Shin is still going to be in Kamurocho
I really wonder what else they can do. It'd be nice if they expanded the borders at the very least to give more map space.

>Producer says he won't force Judgement characters into Shin since they're seperate series's.
>Judgement introduces new Amon called Shin Amon.

Assuming the same Amon carries over, I wonder if he'll discuss Ichiban's power level compared to the Judgement guy.

I saw the japanese version got some kind of magic powers DLC, is this in the bundle? Or is it coming later, or not at all?

Also all the Yakuza games had some kind of fan service shit, like the gravure studio in Kiwami 2, Internet Chatting in Yakuza 6, softcore porn tapes in Yakuza 0, etc. Does Judgment have anything like this?

I think he meant actual storyline characters and not a silly secret boss

Looks like it's coming later if it is. We only got the shelf decorations and various drone frames, we're still missing girlfriend outfit changes and the incense/orbs.

I don't believe Judgment has any fanservice stuff, but I'm not entirely sure what the girlfriend stuff entails so that may be something? It probably isn't though.

Damn that fuckin sucks. Hope it comes, it looked fun. Also I'll have to jack it to real porn instead wtf kill me user.

>taste
playing a game just because you're fanboying, not because its actually a good game

Japan hates drugs.
Must've learnt it from the Chinese Opium crisis.