What are some more games like this? I haven't had this much fun in years

What are some more games like this? I haven't had this much fun in years.

Attached: 8250A05F-B8DB-4671-904E-1991F9E3DBF3.jpg (616x353, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Prey 2017

Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution

Human Revolution, the other DX games are horrible and you shouldn't get memed into playing them.

played human revolution years back and didn't really like it. Played the original as a kid and mankind divided blows it out the water many times over.

The first Deus Ex is leagues better. The plot and style in the later games make no sense because they're suppose to be prequels and they only cater to current day politics while the first game predicts post 9/11.

Attached: 5AGRaQTts5ADo8iBJdgj44.jpg (1280x720, 1.03M)

Yea Forums always spouts this shit about this game and the irony is SO FUCKING PAINFUL because if you actually played it (Yea Forums doesn't play video games, i know) you'd know that the game depicts the social elite as manipulating cultural tensions to divide and conquer the populace

just like what's happening in real life and just like the trap the you're falling into right this second

I honestly couldn't give a shit about the story. The stealth, gunplay, exploration and augs are the best parts of the game.

>mankind divided blows it out the water many times over
The original Deus Ex hasn’t been surpassed yet and I doubt it ever will be.

Whatever you say, keep letting nostalgia blind you.

You also didn't need to be genius pre 9/11 to see that, either. There were shitloads that saw the inevitable outcome of identity politics and who was behind it.

I actually liked two new ones, but I'm afraid it was going to be one of those things that takes 15 to 20 years to get to the point.

>Deus ex human revolution
>prey
>dishonored 1 and 2
>``bioshock``
>Eye divine cibermancy if you have enough balls

Attached: 1560372356132.jpg (1300x866, 68K)

it actually never really gets to the point because the credits start rolling randomly after a mid game boss

>nuh nostalgia
I literally fucking played deus ex last week and still enjoyed it. How can I be blinded by nostalgia if I can still play the game and enjoy it by today’s standards?

>What are some more games like this?
Just play any of the other billion AAA "stealth" games that came out in the last 15 years, they're basically the same mediocre crap every time.

12*

name 10 stealth games that came out in the last 15 years

stuck in the past duh

I played deus ex first time in 2010 in preparation for human revolution and loved it. hr turned out to be a massive dissappointment for me in comparison. nostalgia is just a buzzword.

You're right. But don't be a dick about it.

Just finished a this is deus Ex no kills run of this.

How did they fuck up so bad after HR? Sure it wasn’t as good as the original but it’s biggest problem was cut content. Specifically the hubs.

So their genius idea was to have one single hub? A hub worse than any from HR?

I’ve been to Prague and modern day Prague is more interesting than future Prague.

They should’ve spent less time on the thinly veiled racism/drum of metaphors and more time on actual interesting global conspiracies.

Barely any because no-one buys ludo.

Attached: Deus Ex_ Mankind Divided™_20161101173335.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I just played it this year and I don't think there's another game with this sort of dialogue.
youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk
The level design is really good and the atmosphere is actually believable in comparison the prequel's piss filters.

What the fuck is tanking the performance on PC so much in this game?
I left it half finished and thinking of going to complete the game. I remember it running like shit. I played new Metro with 100+ fps

Just let people enjoy their videogames in piece.

Turn off dx12?

The problem with Deus Ex is that there really isn't anywhere left to go after the original game. Maybe you could try to do what Mass Effect was going for, and failed to do, because they also failed to understand that in a choice based RPG, sequels require exponentially more resources to develop.

Its part of the reason why I liked the reboot idea, and was a bit disappointed that you're already saving the world in the first one. I like Mankind Divided's smaller focus, keeping an episodic format as we build up to the events of the original.

Mechanically and conceptually MD was great. Really detailed fleshed-out hub areas with multiple ways to complete quests, lots of content tucked away, plenty of opportunities for exploration and emergent gameplay, and so on.

It's just a shame the story was trash, and the game feels like the first 2 acts of a 3 act play. It's so blatant that the "finale" was just supposed to be a midpoint, but they just have the game come to a screeching halt right there, presumably so squeenix could sell two games instead of one. Guess that idea backfired on them.

Jesus that's horribly simplistic and child like dialogue. If they wanted to be fairly political and have some impact with the dialogue, don't mute both parties stances, it's bashing UN governed nations and making the china guy look like an unaware hypocrite. Denton seems like a dumbass compared to jensen.

Whatever the idiotic boomers tell you, you are absolutely right.

Dishonroed 1 ,2
Arx Fatalis
Prey 2017
System Shock 2
All previous Deus Ex

DX1's dialogue is pretty stilted with poor voice acting. What makes it stand out is the wide number of topics and conspiracy theories that get brought up. Most random people you talk to in HR will only say they like augs or they don't like augs. I haven't got around to playing MD yet, but I hear it's mostly the same.

Thi4f
Blacklist
Hitman absolution, hitman (tm), hitman 2
ACO and ACOd has better stealth than damn MGS5(what a shitty game)
Far cry 3,4,5 have better stealth mechanics than original deus ex(I replayed it one week ago fuck off with your nostalgia)
Dishonored 1, 2
HR and MD
is 14 enough?

>let's jumble all retardo plots in one game
fuck DX1. it's a boring mess, it's story and presentation is worse than gothic 1.

Did they ever fix the utterly atrocious sound mixing on PC?

>Played the original as a kid and mankind divided blows it out the water many times over
Imagine actually believing this
>inb4 "you're just blinded by nostalgia"
I actually played DX AFTER I played MD and it's still obviously in a different league to nu-DeusEx

Attached: 1446618369833.jpg (419x480, 58K)

Whatever you say kid. Deus Ex 1 was good for the time, now it's just janky and boring.

Mankind divided was fun but the ending was retarded. The "final boss" dies to like 5 blasts from the emp rounds or whatever they are.

>now it's just janky and boring
And yet it still manages to be more atmospheric, memorable and engaging than NuDeusEx. Look no further than the shitty canned animated takedowns for an example of why the new games are so much less outstanding

>russian protesters
>english slogans

>prague, czech republic
>all the signs are in english
>everyone talks english with a non-descript eastern european accent
Why even have the game set in Prague?

Thanks for providing at least one concrete example with the takedowns because “atmospheric, memorable, and engaging” are canned responses

Prey 2017, if you like this open ended type gameplay.

it got better, positioning is a little meh

As much as I enjoyed the original back in the days, I agree with this. Deus Ex is the worst case of Emperor's New Clothes on this board. It exists here more as a meme than as an actual game (BEST GAME EVUR, YOU WILL REINSTALL, OH MY GOD JC A BOMB LOL, MISTAH JC DENTON IN DA FRESH). The game has become part of this board's culture and playing it is like a rite of passage, memed from one user to the other. Because of it, the game is flawless, it gets praised for things it didn't do and any kind of weakness will be denied or memed into something positive.
>The voice acting is shit but IT'S SO FUNNEH LOL
The game aged horribly and saying otherwise is just a desperate attempt to fit in.

All I can say is fuck you.