Focusing on brand rejuvenation, aims to strengthen IP's with quality games, then increase profits futher with merch...

>Focusing on brand rejuvenation, aims to strengthen IP's with quality games, then increase profits futher with merch, figures, crossovers etc.
>Very pleased with RE engine's performance and output, engine has now been modified to handle fast paced action games, currently has multiple unannounced titles for it in development.
>Hired over 700 new in-house developers in the last 5 years, aim to maximize franchise output and shorten development, using RE engine as their main tool.

Are they, dare I say it, back?

Attached: capcom-logo.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cog-members.mhf-z.jp/sp/news/13980.html
byuwasoku.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/06/18/225847
siliconera.com/2019/06/25/new-capcom-crossover-mobile-game-project-battle-previewed-on-youtube/#disqus_thread
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>videogame maker and publisher focuses on making good quality honest videogames
Is it really that hard?

With rich suits controlling ideas and production, yeah it can get pretty difficult.

dem netcode though

How about they rejuvenate literally any of their fighting game franchises

For capcom, yes.

A new onimusha is actually happening. Bless the lord.

How about they bring Megaman back, and I'm not saying this about the classic installment that gets shilled to left and right.

>aim to maximize franchise output and shorten development
RE7 came out two and a half years ago and there's no sign out 8

I hope they can fix SF and Marvel but I would trade both for a new Dragon's Dogma

>RE7 came out two and a half years ago and there's no sign out 8

Most of the RE7 team moved on to REmake2 afterwards.

Because despite you pounding your fists on your desk fighting games make them fuck all money. And no it's not because they don't market them correctly, it's because arcades are dead.

>Fighting games don't make money! That's why SFV flopped!
Keep crying bitch.

Attached: 1561123098604.jpg (980x529, 103K)

>A new onimusha is actually happening.

If you're fucking with me I'm gonna fuck you.

>Make one of the greatest engines of all time that works like magic fairy dust on all systems, the MT engine
>Upgrade the ever living fuck out of it while keeping all of the stability and core features that made the MT so well loved and call it the RE engine
>Make games off of this amazing family of engines backed with good games made by people who love the IPs while also not jewing everyone over
>Profit
Its not a hard formula at all, its just hard for companies to understand it

Attached: 8iqdal16cgx7.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>>Focusing on brand rejuvenation, aims to strengthen IP's with quality games, then increase profits futher with merch, figures, crossovers etc.
So where is Breath of Fire?
Or will you continue to be nothing but Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter as you try to mimic western AAA style releases?
E3 didn't even have a hint of Mega Man. Does Capcom truly have faith in their properties if they do nothing but wank around the above 3 franchises over and over without so much as mentioning their other properties?

I want to believe but I can't deny that my faith in them is incredibly low.

They are not back until they give me dragon's dogma 2.

>MHF getting the plug pulled in December after 12 years
>More recent DDON content is of lower quality
>Deep Down doesn't even have a chance

So what the fuck is COG doing, are they going to go down or what?

Attached: cog.png (275x171, 9K)

>they do nothing but wank around the above 3 franchises over and over without so much as mentioning their other properties?
There were no SF or RE related announcements at E3 either user.

But they did wank Monster Hunter. Which is one of the aforementioned 3 properties.

Because there’s a big expansion coming in a few months?
You also forget the last Capcom game to come out was DMC5.

capcom needs to revive one of their other fighting game franchises make like a big budget dark stalkers and maybe make something like power stone with a somewhat smaller budget down the line

Ok cool. I concede. They wank 4 properties.
Doesn't change the fact that they're completely ignoring their vast legacy of past games, and that they have completely stopped doing one off original titles like they used to do regularly. Capcom are a husk and shell of their former selves.

Capcom's "revival" has been fairly conservative, still a far cry from their heyday of pumping out original IPs. They still seem to wank off 3D games and have not made any real attempts at a 2D revival.

Attached: 1559881145882.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

Power Stone would probably lend itself well on something like the Switch given that Joycon shtick. Too bad that Capcom went with another SF2 re-release for that instead.

>Fighting game mainly played by people who don't play fighting games
>Even considered one of the weaker entries amoung pro MK players

Not helping your case honestly.

Thanks for deep down.

>translation: We need to cater to the casuals
Worked for MH desu

>Any franchise I don’t care about that receives focus is wanking it
You got a new MM and an interview was done a day or two ago that stated that Capcom is still going to do new IP even if they have nothing to show yet.

Why bother with proper online games when you can cut content from a game, release it as drip feed DLC and call it "games as a service"?

Deep Down was a tech demo made for a defunct game engine made for a non-existing powerhouse PS4.

>Capcom releases good ass video games that sold well.
>Revives a few IP's with rumors of them reviving more like Viewtiful Joe
>Plan on making more quality games using the REngine
>Yea Forums: NO NO NO CAPCOM U MUST RELASE SHITTY FIGHTING GAME THATLL SELL LIKE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! DARKSSTALSHIT, RIVAL SHIT AND SLEEP FIGHTERRRRRRR

Eat a dick you FGC fucks. You'll get your shitty fighter a year after PS5 drops...maybe.

Attached: 15600311113324.png (445x680, 431K)

Because 2D is on life-support. It's for indie games, no one is ever going to make a AAA 2D game ever again. I'm saying this specifically because I want to be proven wrong, but the sad fact is that it's incredibly unlikely.

Wasnt it confirmed by ono or someone that the capcom fighting game division is workin ilon something?

>>Capcom releases good ass video games
Still waiting for this one desu

>FUCKING BRING BACK MEGAMAN YOU FUCKING CUNTS WHY ARENT YOU MAKING MEGAMAN GAMES LOOK AT ALL THESE MEGAMAN FANS IT WOULD TOTALLY SELL
>[Capcom makes new Megaman]
>What the fuck? That's not the Megaman I wanted, yeah no that game doesn't count, bring back Megaman Capcom.

Fans don't deserve the franchise desu

I don't care for MK specifically, but the notion that fighting games sell poorly because they're fighting games is wrong and is mostly used as an attempt to defend fighting games like SFV which sold poorly simply because they aren't so good.
Tekken 7 made three millions copies few months after its release, same amount SFV did three years later. DBFZ even more so.
Genre can still sell, and pretty well too.

so everyone can't get what they want? a lot of the people i know who were waiting for dmc5,monhun and the like are still waiting for something like darkstalkers too,stop being a faggot

At least for Frontier they can just milk subs and gacha. They did a piss poor job with getting new players into the game though.

>but the notion that fighting games sell poorly because they're fighting games is wrong

NeatherRealm figured out a long time ago that good fighting mechanics don't sell games. Which is why they fill them with shit like fancy story modes and RPG elements.

BoF is irrelevant, you won't ever see it outside of mobile games and Capcom did not show anything at E3.

Its the same mindset as Hollywood that a certain style is obsolete past a certain point. I will not deny that there have been some good 2.5D games, but time after time, the 2D market comes out and proves its worth. I get that Capcom is a AAA studio, but it has had great success in the past with its AA titles, but maybe I am asking for to much in this over bloated wank-fest.

Mk's selling point is everything surrounding the fighting part, DB sold on brand name and T7's success was due to people hating SF5.

I can give you actual, verifiable reasons why those specific games sold well, but the general statement "fighting games don't sell well" is still also true. Tekken was full 3D and gained momentum easily, momentum being the single biggest factor determining if a fighting game will continue to sell. MK always sells well because American casuals buy every installment, play it for a few weeks, then drop it like an ugly baby. DBFZ is Dragon Ball, it didn't sell because anyone actually fucking liked it, it sold because people like DB. If Capcom released a new Darkstalkers and it was a 10/10 it would still probably sell like shit simply because millions of people aren't really looking for a new Darkstalkers.

DBFZ sold only because it's DB. A huge IP that transcends the entire FG genre. So you only got Tekken to suck off since MK is a piece of shit fighting game that dies after a month.

>NeatherRealm figured out a long time ago that good fighting mechanics don't sell games
Strange you say that, because the current trend within fighting game developers is to dumb them down like crazy in order to appeal to a wider audience. Games like SFV, Fantasy Strike and Rising Thunder did exactly that yet they were never received with a big commercial success.
>and RPG elements
If you're referring to the Tower stuff people HATE that shit.

I love DMC, but it's more important that theres a current, supported Versus game with Dante as a playable character than there ever be a DMC6

My wishlist:

>REmake 3, then retcon out everything that happened after, continuing an original storyline that takes place after the Raccoon City arc
>A new Onimusha
>Remake Dino Crisis
>A new Okami
>Something new with Viewtiful Joe
>Darkstalkers 4
>Mega Man Legends 3

Attached: 1558529321572.gif (2000x1125, 2.2M)

>Nothing announced for '19 or '20
Confirmed as Not Back.

Please, save Lost Planet I want a new mecha game.

Attached: Getter 3 VS.png (1946x1400, 1.13M)

I can still dream, can't I?

Attached: 1512099103117.jpg (2575x1993, 3.06M)

Wait, Frontier is dead?

Does anyone know if 3S is dead on Steam in the Anniversary Collection? I assume Fightcade would be more active

Did you forget they just dropped one of the best DMC entries a few months ago?

Fuck, I forgot about Lost Planet.

They could totally make that as a cross between Monster Hunter and Destiny/Anthem (but hopefully done well), with co-op missions, and customizable armor/weapons/mechs, and you hunt Akrid for the materials necessary for upgrades.

>Are they, dare I say it, back?
Almost their fighting games are still trash.

We've literally gotten a new Mega Man and Devil May Cry within the last nine months.

Bitch some more.

It really is a wishlist

Attached: 1499469564680.jpg (455x512, 83K)

no

Attached: 1454262503158.jpg (1344x2544, 448K)

I have to imagine there’s a decent overlap between DMC and fighting game fans. Lots of the appeal to DMC games is the depth of the combat system and mastering the characters’ movesets. Very similar to fighting games.

That could be cool. I'm pissed at Anthem. It could have been a new Xenoblade X. If I was on the project I would have made a cross between XBX and FSS and slapped that boring writer of them.

Attached: Vai O La.jpg (800x390, 70K)

>while also not jewing everyone over
nigga capcom will always be jews

cog-members.mhf-z.jp/sp/news/13980.html

In summary, it's closing on December 18th while November 13th is when the sub is no longer required to play. The vast majority of originals monsters and the two unique weapons will likely never see the light of day again. The Taiwan server closes down a week later, but it's moot because nobody can actually buy more sub time on that version. Either way, it's half-surprising to say the least. Too bad there'll never be an offline version, let alone a private server.

Attached: magspike.webm (948x571, 1.65M)

He's being a massive fag despite X9 being all but confirmed to be in development too

I want a new one so bad but it probably won't happen due to originally being made for Western appeal which isn't needed now that MHW is huge

Oh damn, I though they were going to last another five years with their Z expensions. Was the player base dwindling?

I really feel like if you took the basic core Monster Hunter formula, gave it a sci-fi angle, and made it into a shooter, that has the potential to be really popular with people who wouldn't touch MH, at least in the West.

>It doesn't count cause there was extra appeal!
And? That is literally any game in any genre that sells well. No games sells on gameplay alone, you always need a gimmick, brand, graphics, features etc. It is an especially poor excuse when you have to use reasons like DB sold on brand, when SF itself is a huge brand with a load of power. That is why Capcom is slapping it on everything they can get their hands on hoping to make up for SFV being a flop.

>T7's success was due to people hating SF5.
Seethe harder fggappa

It's not a Capcom thread without Morrigan lewds.

They just want to force more people to play World

Pretty much yes, although I'd attribute to it to a drought of news.

byuwasoku.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/06/18/225847

Here's the player head count from August 2018, leading up to the notice of closure on June the 19th this year. The last notable content released was back in March (Musou Zerureusu), and there was nothing new announced ever since which would explain the head count dropping. That said, the game is technically competing against mainline and it's not solo or newbie friendly to get into, and Zenith cycle updates would be getting stale, so it's not too surprising if the devs thought it wasn't worth keeping up anymore.

Still, would've expected them to try and soft reset the game somewhat, especially after designing and releasing a brand new weapon class since that seldom ever happens in Monster Hunter. Or at least keep the servers up for a bit longer.

Attached: up to june 18th.png (718x846, 138K)

And an older image with total subscription counts, pre-Z cycle.

Attached: MHF subscriptions from Season 6 to G10.png (705x548, 125K)

>E3 didn’t even have a bint of megaman
11 isn’t even a year old, do you want yearly releases for megaman again?

Based. I hope Oni 5 is in the work

Attached: 1557661829894.jpg (937x1337, 294K)

Maybe, maybe not. But for something as big E3 to go by without Capcom so much as mention the name is kind of disheartening.

I'd be glad with just a rerelease of Legends 1 & 2 at this point. Finding legit copies of either game at a reasonable price range is impossibru.

They just spent the last year releasing a bunch of big games, they're probably hard at work on whatever's next (likely next-gen), and they're probably saving reveals for Sony's upcoming conference(s). It's not all doom and gloom.

It's not an excuse, you fucktard, it's a reason. Every game has a reason to sell. You seemed to have agreed with this point in your very post but you also seem to just be a rabble-rousing bitch with an axe to grind for Street Fighter when basically no one here gives a flying fuck. I don't even play SF.

I though the game would go on forever, it's half my age. I hope they do something with the frontier monster.

>After 7-8 years, brings back Megaman with a 2 hour long platformer that is immediately dropped after release. No support whatsoever.
>Give DMCfags their game after holding it hostage behind all their shitton of ports/HDs/collection packs. It looks like DmC2, but the fags were completely okay with it because they were just THAT thristy
>Please buy SFV. Look, Ryu and Ken are in Smash, please buy SFV. Please. Buy it now. Also every DLC season. Buy today. JUST BUY THE GAME.
>Lets just remake the old RE games that everyone liked since we have no other ideas for it and its guaranteed money. RE6 was just Call of Duty zombies, and RE7 was just a glorified VR game with REs name slapped on it.
>Lets make a Monster Hunter MMO so we can sell even more add-ons and even expansions packs seperately!
>mobile game
>mobile game
>mobile game
Yeah im thinking they're back

It's like a funny alternate universe that's nearly as old as the franchise itself is going to disappear entirely.
Not only that, but MHO is kicked into the shitter this year as well - so this more esoteric part of the franchise will be gone forever, and Lavasioth might well be the only survivor as a result.

Attached: smoke.png (500x500, 145K)

This desu

The post of truth.

>t's not an excuse, you fucktard, it's a reason.
It is an excuse bitch boy, cry more. Just crying but those games sold cause of other stuff is a moot point, cause every game in every genre needs multiple selling points. No one argued fighters are different or that SF6 should be bare bones. It is especially pathetic when brand is one of your reasons while acting like that isn't a plus for the biggest brand in fighting games.

Fighting games can and do sell. You were wrong about this. Shockingly though they need to actually be complete games and can ride aspects like brand. Just like every other genre.

>looks like DmC2
I mean it doesn't but even if it did, it plays like real DMC so who would even care?

Wait, MHO is going down too?
I'm not really surprised for this one though, I don't think they ever added in new monsters.
Maybe they'll fish out Hypnocatrice of second generation hell.

re7 was a great VR game though, because it was full length. They could literally become a premiere VR dev if they fucking used it right.

Fucking finally, a good fucking post,

They will.

Didn't you know, user? Nowadays people like rehashes of glorious past days when the company used to be actually competent at making brand new experiences that defined Capcom the way it is! Don't mind them firing most of the talents that helped creating these fantastic IPs to begin with though!
Oh, the new DMC5! Absolutely fantastic! I love it when they make a known serial killer and murderer a good guy all of a sudden for the love of family! And don't bother making new models for these characters! Just get them in the Uncanny Valley Machine, where they can please and realize all the American dreams of ugly looking characters, just like in real life!
But that's okay, because Capcom is back! This post is not #sponsored, the user in question hasn't been paid in Fight Money nor Red Orbs in any way or form.

Attached: qf-KaRODY94VK48EoL-mEYk9btvS9I-MVAutYEe8eH0.png (416x682, 294K)

You forgot to mention Marvel vs Capcom being brought back as a reboot for absolutely no reason and being butchered to hell. But i think we're all stil getting over that trauma.

CAPCOM IS BACK!*
*they may not be actually back and people may just be overreacting as usual

MHO is a bit more complicated with the actual details, but it amounts to Capcom and Tencent having a falling out; the former was apparently pissed over MHW being taken off Wegame after one day, and the later supposedly wasn't happy with Capcom's performance. The contact was rewritten in a way that was more harsh on what the MHO devs could do, COG apparently let them use Frontier monsters, but the devs were taking liberties they didn't like or something, so supposedly they couldn't really do much else and just called it quits.

Now some of this could very well be Chinese whispers, but ultimately the game is indeed closing down as well, they announced it earlier back in April and even disabled new account creation outright, so no last chances for anybody if they weren't already eligible. Granted that game was a lot more derivative, but I guess that's another batch of some neat monsters potentially gone.

Attached: nerg_thingen.jpg (605x427, 68K)

Doc... This is too much for me...

Attached: 1561248896924.png (480x514, 77K)

RE7, MHW, REmake2 and DMC5 were all fantastic.

Seethe harder.

Consume product.

You forgot your star wars soiboy meme you predictable fuck.

>pandering to SJWs with their new games
>endless remakes instead of anything innovative after a decade of killing their franchises/shitting on them
>buying crapcom games after DEMAKE 2, the disappointment that was DMCV WHICH THEY MADE LEATHER COATS THAT COSTED THOUSANDS AND HAD MICROTRANSACTIONS A SHIT STORY AND GOBLINO CHARACTER MODELS, MVC INFINITE, SFV ADS AND ALL
>MH WORLD
>CANCELED MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 AND STARFORCE 4
FUCK CAPCOM AND FUCK CAPCOM SHILLS

Coping, they released two GOTY tier games this year alone and MHW last year. And Megaman was good too you cum drinking faggot.
>it's short
Have you ever played any game in this series that isn't Rockman.exe?

Remember that Switch Exclusive Monster Hunter capcom were bound to be developing before E3? Hmmm. Doesn't seem so likely now does it? I suppose Switch users are content with getting the table scraps from 7-8 years ago though.

I didn't knew about that, I remember people talking about how MHO devs were big MH fans and all.

So this mean that this dude is the strongest monster canonically?

Attached: final boss.png (400x302, 148K)

Shitposting aside what the fuck else are we supposed to do with videogames?

Fighting games struggle to sell, period, no matter what. Go look at sales numbers, dumbfuck, I'm not making shit up to suit my ego or whatever the fuck insane thought you have bouncing around in that empty fucking skull of yours. Tekken 7 is legitimately the only major success story the genre's seen since SF4 revitalized everything years ago. Every other game since has just been chasing after that same success and largely failing. MK is shit and no one cares about it, DBFZ is shit and no one cares about it, neither of these games sold because they were fighting games, they sold in spite of it. If you can't, or don't, care about this distinction, then you're the one with the problem in this discussion, and maybe you should re-examine exactly what the fuck the point you're trying to make is. If you're just being a pedant then you can actually go fuck yourself.

Attached: VIDYA GAEM.jpg (200x226, 13K)

Soon.

>Fighting games struggle to sell, period, no matter what.
Fuck off, shitty games struggle to sell.

Fucking niggers taking shit out of context.
those are US sales, amerifats are literally used to eating shit so no wonder MK sold better than Sekiro, RE2 remake and DMC

They aren't Capgod levels of good yet, but they're trying and a i definitely appreciate them for it.

>Fighting games struggle to sell, period, no matter what.
>But when they do it doesn't count!
lmao

Delet thiS!!!

use them as a proxy for your political circlejerking twitter threads, of course

I wouldn't know shit about 'canon' powerlevels but the Shiten version of Disufiora is tough, his fucking chip damage one-shots people with 150 HP and endgame defense. 2nd District Duremudira and some of the 'musou' counterparts of monsters like Zinogre and Eruzerion are among the hardest hunts easily, people playing solo only have ten minutes to shit out enough damage.

On the other hand, Extreme Raviente is a big fucking snake who requires 28 of 32 people before the hunt can be initiated, with four of those hunters forming up a support crew.

Attached: raviente wastes your time.jpg (900x506, 109K)

you know you're not forced to buy everything right

Where's Megaman Star Force 4 Capcom? Where's Megaman Legends 3 Capcom? WHERE IS FUCKING MEGAMAN ZX 3 CAPCOM?

You would think someone who spent years begging for DMC5 wouldn't be so spiteful.

Jesus christ, what a whiny little pissbaby.

>dude just make stuff good lmao

imagine being this naive

Kill yourself crapcom shills

Attached: crapcom5573.jpg (1920x1080, 456K)

No, it sold great because it's fucking MK. You are unironically being a out of touch shareholders who just force the company to make games x just like company x did because they sell like gangbusters and not getting the fact that they are an exception and replicating it is not a matter of ingredients. fuck sake.

Just whip their fighting game division into shape, get them to stop being lazy turbokikes over Switch ports, and Capcom will be golden.

GIVE ME DRAGONS DOGMA 2 CAPCOM, JUST FUCKING SAY IT'S BEING MADE OR SOMETHING I DONT CARE JUST LET ME KNOW IT FUCKING EXISTS

Attached: 1561368714881.jpg (273x184, 13K)

based

>missing point that hard
lebbit nigger go back

All mine, btw, and I don't even like capcom. I just spam threads like this because I know there's always one schizo who will compile all "x threads" and post a "omg there's literally a [company name] shill" thread. Shit's hilarious

Yikes

They started working on it this year, it will be awhile before it even gets announced. Be patient, you dont want it rushed like the original, do you?

>GIVE ME DRAGONS DOGMA 2 CAPCOM, JUST FUCKING SAY IT'S BEING MADE OR SOMETHING I DONT CARE JUST LET ME KNOW IT FUCKING EXISTS

Itsuno basically already did, he said that he had the choice between DMC5 and DD2 and that he decided to make DMC5 "first".

>Finally releases a home port of AVP
>its trapped on a 300 dollar plug and play

they are still terrible until they fix this.

Oh yeah fire the talented people like the fucking leafs that Ruined Dead Rising right?Dilate more trannycunt

[Other company makes great game]
>Wow, a great game! Cool!
[Capcom makes great game]
>Where the fuck are these 10 other great games Capcom? You used to be the greatest developer on the planet why aren't you sticking to your own standard? I want that 10/10 game from my childhood but modern and even better. Fuck you Capcom.

Attached: 1550494786551.jpg (800x662, 85K)

>CapcomVancouver helped creating Resident Evil and Devil May Cry
This is the reading comprehension skill of a Capcom fanboy who keeps making shill threads for the company

>Anti-capcom shitposting on the rise
Who’s behind it?
Angry nincels?
Trannies?

I don't know if you played it but Marvel infinite played very good. And you know, it's marvel

Attached: 1416758763521.png (500x516, 190K)

GoWfag

>Shorten development
One of the things I missed most about the PS2 era is devs puking our new quality games every couple years. If the RE engine allows that to happen again with games of the quality of RE2 and DMCV I’m very excited.

Now make a good fighting game.

Make a marvel infinite without awful dlc practices and puke inducing visuals and roster

i just a want mvc game that plays and looks like mvc2, is that too much to ask?

Attached: 1554102785994.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

fag megaman games for zoom-zoom trannies lmao

Pixel art is never coming back sadly. I HATE that but it’s true.
My hormone friends always scoff at games using pixel art no matter how good it looks. It hurts me but Capcom sees that Borneo reaction and goes “no”

>One of the things I missed most about the PS2 era is devs puking our new quality games every couple years. If the RE engine allows that to happen again with games of the quality of RE2 and DMCV I’m very excited.

It will, but people will still be displeased because every RE engine game is going to look somewhat visually similar.

The RE Engine is designed with photorealism in mind and cutting down on asset creation work by using photoscanning. The downside of this is that games will have similar artstyles like with REmake2 and DMC5, but assets can be reused between games more easily.

Reminder it was monster Hunter finally becoming an international sensation that finally gave Capcom to confidence to truly bring in this era of prosperity.

Say sorry and thank the Handler for handling this for us.

Attached: Handler.jpg (1023x549, 83K)

When I told people here the exact same thing you said I was bashed by Capcom fanatics because "There is no implication that the RE Engine can't be used for stylized visuals too" although there's yet proof to be seen that the engine can also work with different, more elaborate kind of visuals.

People are really overlooking the downsides of the engine, probably because of the good performance which is important too.

No, it was actually Resident Evil 6 being a production nightmare with bad critical reception and disappointing sales + weak sales for outsourced western games.

No because they released a bunch of horseshit between RE6 and RE7 [the actual start of redemption era Capcom]

MVCI and SFV don't get a pass just cuz you say so.

Attached: paper handler.png (618x208, 108K)

>No because they released a bunch of horseshit between RE6 and RE7 [the actual start of redemption era Capcom]

It takes years for a company to shift direction. The Capcom you're seeing today comes from choices made over 5 years ago. DMC5 started development in 2014.

you sound like retarded upper management type

Fuck you man I enjoyed dmc5 and re2 remake, I just need my fucking dragons dogma sequel.

Honestly I don't know how people like the look of RE Engine games. I guess it makes sense for Resident Evil games which have to be dark and gritty due to their horror nature but DMC5 looks absolutely dreadful and I don't know what kind of Kool-Aid people are drinking when they praise its visuals.

>no Clock Tower
>no Haunting Ground
>no Dino Crisis
>no Resident Evil: Online
>no Dead Rising
>no Shadow of Rome
Please rejuvenate something that I might actually want, Capcom.

Attached: ADA WAIT.png (1096x432, 545K)

Everyone is sipping the realistic kool-aid. Enjoy your DD2 in the RE engine too.

I dunno, your mom has been asking you to get a job and move out for the last couple of years, has to be easier than making a good video game.

>Amiibo
>Mario Kart 8 """""Deluxe"""""
>BOTW $20 Hard Mode DLC
>Labo a.k.a. $80 cardboards
>Super Mario Maker 1.5
>Link's Awakening Remake: Toy Story Edition
>Pokemon SwSh: Upscaled from 3DS Edition (National Dex DLC sold separately)
>WiiU ports, ports, and more ports
>BOTW expansion...I mean BOTW 2
You Nintentards sure love to close both eyes when it comes to Nintendo but so eager to manufacture fake outrage when it comes to other developers.

>dino crisis remake
if only we could get such a thing

i hope it would retain the same style as the original, and expand on it, like with REmake

capcom will never be "back" because capcom had a period of nearly 20 years where they were almost unbelievably good, releasing tons of good games and at least one game that people would consider a classic every year or so

that kind of shit just can't happen in the industry anymore, its too expensive to develop any game that isn't either full of micro transactions or actively downgrades visuals back to a more manageable sixth gen look

with that said they're certainly not fucking up as hard as they did for a while

Nintentards, obviously. All recent Capcom games skip Switch release, which trigger them something fierce. They also have a hateboner towards From Software for the same reason.

They're the best dev in the industry. Currently and of all time.

>Are they, dare I say it, back?
no because as this thread shows unless every one of the literally nearly 100 IP's capcom has made all get new games in the next year whatever specific fan of that franchise will be pissed

capcom has the nintendo problem times x100, they're not very good at making new IP's anymore at the speed they used to but they also just don't have the money to do all of this shit at the same time

so on disk dlc was a necessary evil, after what Inafune done to them? Pretty based they made money off retards who fell for the dlc meme and now they have funds to make good games again.

>I guess it makes sense for Resident Evil games which have to be dark and gritty due to their horror nature but DMC5 looks absolutely dreadful and I don't know what kind of Kool-Aid people are drinking when they praise its visuals.

Devil May Cry literally started out as a Resident Evil game. It might be viewed as an anime franchise in the west, but in Japan they primarly view it as being something for western audiences. Which is why DmC even exist in the first place.

capcom won't be back until they do goof troop 2

>World
>mmo
is that shit i smell, user?
>RE7
>glorified VR experience
man, you may as well call every other first person game a VR experience.

so yeah, that shit smell, must be you user, you're full of shit

devil may cry has a literal anime series. you're talking out of your ass

>Implying it's never been done before.
>Implying we don't a time when the tools are so advanced and accessible that one person can single-handedly make a game for their fucking smart-fridge, let alone an entire team of paid professionals.

It's become more difficult in the last twenty years. Capcom, Konami, SEGA, Namco, the four arcade giants. At one time they could do almost no wrong. And now look at em. It's a shame.

so does donald trump, whats your point

>devil may cry has a literal anime series. you're talking out of your ass

So does Batman and Supernatural. DMC didn't even get its first japanese game dub until DMC4SE four years ago. It was always primarly targeted at western audiences.

>people always lump MH into the mix as if it was part of some grand revival of capcom despite the fact that the MH franchise is CONSISTENTLY great and this is more of a RE and DMC thing than capcom as a whole

Capcom is deathly allergic to Nintendo atm, so it'll never happen

>capcom has the nintendo problem times x100, they're not very good at making new IP's anymore at the speed they used to but they also just don't have the money to do all of this shit at the same time

Its also the fact that video game development has become ridiciously more expensive. Games that used to be made by 20 people can now take like 200

Because you have shit taste.

>what is p3rd
Nothing new here.

>ruins monster hunter by dumbing down every mechanic and selling out to the casual audience that needs timed events to play a game for longer than two weeks
>marketing iceborne like an MMO expansion and not just making a G version

Attached: 1552120534224.jpg (479x358, 44K)

bibiwa

Timed event quests are the fucking worst.

despite Yea Forums not liking it sfv is popular in japan and that's all that matters

I own three copies of the game so could you please cease bringing up this Nintendo boogieman of yours.

>marketing iceborne like an MMO expansion and not just making a G version

So you're saying Capcom realized it's 2019 and that you don't have to sell a brand new version of your game that makes your old copy completely obsolete?

"G" doesn't mean anything, they just went with it cause they thought it sounded cool. Master is a tier higher than HR, it's the exact same thing.

The only questionable decision I have with MH:W and IB is the heavy emphasis on a cinematic story. Nobody gives a shit and those resources could be better spent on more monsters and maps. Plus it gets in the way of multiplayer hunts because "muh cutscenes."

No no no I mean it's being marketed like a Destiny expansion. And regardless let's not forget that it's still 40 bucks for the expansion or 60 for the game+Iceborne. This is worse than what they did before.

they have always been a part of monster hunter online.

obviously on the Wii version there were timed quests where you could only kill a certain monster.

same as PS2.

however - i don't deny the game has been watered down and made easier for a casual audience.

Continued story is what I'm talking about. It's like I'm paying forty dollars for an extra story campaign and not just a ton of extra monsters and equipment. We've seen five new monsters so far and all tye new weapons are still the same lazy downgradable designs from before

>capcom
>partnering with Didney
Have you seen the state of Kingdom Hearts?

Their not bavk until they consistently make good games for more then one year.

Hit me up when Capcom stops fooling around and gives us the character we really want in Smash

Attached: ab41b6ff0c5a0a08d41b02e1c6f03e88c7f7af44r1-1920-1080v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

So you mean like how they released Generations on 3DS for $40 and then Gen Ultimate on Switch for $60? Or Tri on Wii then 3 Ultimate on Wii U and 3DS both for $40? THAT before?

Was GU your first monhun?

I hope they make MvC4 with updated visuals and roster and yhe exact same gameplay as Infinite so that everyone can finally shut the fuck up and just play it.

they're not back until they fund Mega Man X Corrupted guy

>This is worse than what they did before.

How is that worse than buying a whole new game for the expansion where saves don't even carry over?

I mean, for a good while some of the games let you save the quest when it's uploaded and it can be played whenever you like. MHW on the other hand just rotates them in and out, and it doesn't help that a hearty chunk of what is now considered postgame content is locked behind this. Someone misses out on Wyvern Ignition? They'll have to wait literal months before they can get another shot at it. With past games, anyone can download G-Rank Fatalis and attempt to get their Black Fatalis Blade.

>The /mhg/ shitposters come in to make this about console wars faggotry,

Yeah, let's hope they deliver with Leon Kennedy.

Attached: 1533124924080.jpg (960x960, 146K)

>Deathly Allergic
>Seeding the Switch with ports while they work more MT framework magic.

You don't know how Capcom works do you?

This is what pisses me off about World so much.

Especially because 90% of the best weapons and armor are gotten from Kulve Taroth and Behemoth.

Attached: 1510244234248.jpg (268x200, 12K)

They released a couple great games recently. MHW was a success, RE probably did well since it was advertised everywhere, and DMC 5 was received well from what I gathered.

When they announce Dragon's Dogma 2 and then prove they aren't going to ruin it, they'll be back.

You've reduced this bullshit to a meaningless buzzword now. If you aren't here to consume at least some products, why are you here at all? The nature of the topic of the board involves the consumption of product.

Jesus Christ.

2/10 you tried and failed

With how Ike The Kike Perlmutter and Disney fucking up MvCI hard, I highly doubt Capcom would want to work with Marvel again.

Attached: earwig-dreams.jpg (500x334, 51K)

>new game if a long standing series comes out
>it reeks of mediocrity and safe choices
>when you just know they could way better
>hurr durr why aren't you praising them for more mediocrity!

Attached: 590.jpg (640x640, 33K)

Star Force reboot never ever

They've been shitting gold lately dude.

At worst it's exactly the same as what they did before if anything

Well Behemoth is permanent, it's just Extremoth who comes and goes. But other than that, Kulve rotating sucks too but the silver lining I suppose is that it'll likely lose usefulness when MHWI hits if they can't be upgraded, so missing out at this point in the game isn't as much of a loss. On the other hand, no doubt a Master Rank I'm going to have to get used to that equivalent of everything will happen for the postgame and we're back to square one.

>ruined Breath of Fire
No

>muh sales

Its a cycle. Gain the trust of the consumer, then milk them until the trust is completely lost. Once people trust you, its way easier to just pump out quick and easy crap to make a dime off of them. Rinse, repeat. In the long term, its a lot more money earned, but theres always the risk of being unable to regain the consumer's trust.

If ugly characters is the compromise for good entries into my favorite ips I'll take it.

my mom lives with me

Shame Battle Network ended and no other series shares its gameplay style.

They literally did this for a decade, why would they stop?

Based

I just want some more battle Network without suits getting in the way and rushing development

How much of a jaded cynical fuck do you have to be to consider REmake2 and DMC5 "mediocre games"?

They're 8/10's at the very least, and they're not safe at all because they're doing shit nobody in the AAA space is doing anymore.

DRAGON'S DOGMA 2... IS IN THE WORKS and so is my FULLLY ARISEN erection.

Quality

God Hand >>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC
mechanically

They're barely even the same genre.

except it's not
it's not even the most played fighting game over there anymore

>It's not the most played therefore it isn't popular
Man I hate SFV but saying that it isn't popular in Japan is a bitch of a stretch.

i actually have no idea whether it's popular but my girl makoto is STILL not in the game so i'm salty
i'm not sorry, fuck sfv

They hated him, because he told them the truth.

Give us ZX3 you fucking faggots. Yeah I'm looking at you too inticreates.

Wrong game, boyo.

Attached: 1507603574466.png (1134x832, 787K)

>quality

Attached: 1541099132227.jpg (464x385, 18K)

So where is this supposed treasure trove of games capcom has planned for the switch, or is the console just going to stay a graveyard of 10+ year old ports?

hey man would you happen to have a list like this for ddon? I've been dealing this the garbage trickle for 6 months since 3.4 started and im losing my shit not knowing if they might cancel it.

>Capcom announces partnership with Platinum games to revive dormant franchises.
This is my dream, clover franchises coming back with the original teams behind them would be the hypest shit ever, it would even surpass my excitement for DMC5 reveal.

Attached: 1561049274351.jpg (380x376, 45K)

They've been improving lately but there's still plenty of things for them to fix.
MM11 was good but the lack of different characters or dlc made it feel a bit too simple and safe.
REmake2 was good for the most part, but they could've made a better job with the second run.
DMC5 was pretty good but they need to release a Vergil dlc or more content.
The fighting game department is at its weakest but Ono got demoted so maybe things could improve now, Itsuno has shown interest in making a new type of fighting game so maybe they release something besides SF.
Overall way better than before but they just need to go one little step further with their games, specially with extra content.

>Hey Capcom, *cough* can I have a good new game too?

Attached: AFC8E4F1-0756-4C7D-8C38-A795AD88E4C4.jpg (616x353, 55K)

>Only made Mega Man 11 because they saw the reaction to MN9 and how bad it bombed
>The most paint by numbers Mega Man yet
>Trying to play without gears (they still haven't patched in a way to play without them without disabling the keys) is extremely frustrating and shit like the flame wall in Torch Man's stage requires pixel perfect performance
>Literally the worst Wily Castle yet, only two actual levels
>Absolutely no sign of Proto Man or Bass, everyone assumed DLC, a year later and no content at all besides giving everyone the orchestral music
>Entire game feels like it was a weekend project Capcom just allowed to be released because it was convenient
>Even in the year of our lord 2018-2019 they changed robot master names for no fucking reason, Chemical Man and Rubber Man became Acid Man and Bounce Man for no good god damn reason

It's just so tiresome. People say "you got what you wanted" but if they were going to throw us a bone, they could have at least thrown one of those fancy peanut butter ones I buy my dogs and not the scraps from week old KFC.

Capcom Vancouver is finally dead so maybe.

siliconera.com/2019/06/25/new-capcom-crossover-mobile-game-project-battle-previewed-on-youtube/#disqus_thread
looks like more mobile games from Capcom

>Trying to play without gears (they still haven't patched in a way to play without them without disabling the keys) is extremely frustrating and shit like the flame wall in Torch Man's stage requires pixel perfect performance
Try not to suck at games. The best thing about the gear system is how it adds up to the whole concept of how flexible the difficulty is in mega man and how you can increase the challenge with self-impossed challenges like avoiding using energy tanks, weakpoints or going for the most difficult order when picking stages.
The lack of protoman and bass was inexcusable though, same with the shitty music. But then again the suits at capcom were probably doubtful about the projects success so the budget was probably kinda small.

>Multiple unannounced RE engine projects in development

He's coming bros.

I can feel it.

Attached: 1561345601796.webm (602x1000, 2.95M)

wasnt there a rumor about the next street fighter using RE engine?

>Complains that 11 is too “paint by the numbers”
>Also complains that the game forces you to play in a new way different from all other megaman games
Make up your fucking mind about what you want to complain about

At least it's a mobile game that's well suited for the platform I guess..