When playing a game, how much do you isolate your experience from the internet?

When playing a game, how much do you isolate your experience from the internet?

>not at all
>avoid spoilers
>avoid gameplay footage
>avoid exploits and strategies
>avoid walkthroughs
>avoid discussion
>complete isolation
>etc

Attached: 1561456633178.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

depends on the game, if it's something high profile I really care about I generally binge it until it's done, usually it's story heavy games like kojima's, then I avoid Yea Forums completely until I'm done.
I didn't really care for bloodstained and was in the threads since day one

If it's a good game, i'm probably having too much fun to waste time on the internet instead of playing the game, bit then again, i don't usually play games on release so the discussion already died down.

Where character builds are irreversible I like to look up build discussions and guides. Particularly where you have to choose passive skills, the value of which might not be easily identified without context. For example, a 10% reduction in the mana costs of spells could either be entirely unnoticeable or it could open up a frontloaded powerful endgame spell combo that would otherwise be impossible. This sort of stuff is all I really look up.

I miss the pre-internet/early internet times where stuff like this wasn't a conscious choice, but the only option, finally getting through a hard part into a weird endgame as a kid felt like getting somewhere you weren't supposed to be, like only few other people have been there

Not at all. I want to find out everything to see if it'd be worth the money/bandwidth.

Attached: 1561459044577.jpg (1080x1544, 417K)

Completely avoid anything related to it until I finish the game.

Attached: 1559102568022.png (600x660, 141K)

I cannot be contained

It heavily depends on initial interest and how plot-heavy the game is. I usually avoid threads about games I know I'll play eventually.

Depends. I don't usually care because spoilers don't actually bother me because i'm not 5 years old and if some stupid plot twist is the only enjoyable part of something it'd be garbage anyway.

But, I do try to avoid exploits and walkthroughs and cheese and stuff in newly released games. Gameplay footage is imperative nowadays with all the bullshit trailers companies put out there.

Over the several years it took me to play all the MGS games, I got "spoiled" multiple times on pretty much every game, but the story is so incomprehensible from an outside perspective that none of it ever registered, so I basically went into all the games blind anyway.
I will always look up a guide for any jrpg with missables. The years where it was realistic that I'd play a huge turn based rpg a second time to get all the secrets are long past, so fuck that shit and if I get spoiled in the process of reading the guide it's almost never that big of a deal if the game is fun.

I'm convinced this show is one giant shitpost at this point. It absolutely wasn't this fucking internet savvy in like, the first 3 seasons; and now there's blatant references and outright just characters saying (what i assume anyways) are copyrighted phrases.

You will be.

never ever

Attached: 1549076486217.jpg (1280x1280, 404K)

I wish there was a universal guide for games with easily missable shit that's not explained anywhere, especially those with autosave. I dropped Dragon's Dogma because of that shit.

this cuphead dlc isn't living up to my expectations

oh to answer your question marketer-san i obviously don't look for spoilers or gameplay suggestions of any kind when i'm playing a game for the first time
i will look for gameplay footage to see how the motion looks before i buy, but after i own it i'm going to get through the game myself

>lol vidya references
Good episode

Not really. I usually give avoiding the internet and spoilers and such a shot, but once I get stuck or I have a question about something I feel like I may miss then I usually consult the interwebz without giving it a second thought.

I'm more actively about trying to avoid this, though. Maybe after I do it enough times I'll have a better idea of whether or not isolating myself when playing vidya is actually more fun and rewarding than just seeking answers online.