Let's have a comfy FF7 thread, to discuss the original game, plot and characters

Let's have a comfy FF7 thread, to discuss the original game, plot and characters.

Not allowed
>anti-Square Enix shills
>shitposters whining about race or clothing changes

Discuss the remake if you want, but do not let it disintegrate into shitposting. This thread is primarily for discussing the original game.

Attached: 80-E21_071.jpg (800x600, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4tIcotfL4aU
youtu.be/YcEEP02W5RA
youtube.com/watch?v=3y-WYX6-dq4
youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o
youtube.com/watch?v=ih7s1e55tZI
youtube.com/watch?v=UCTkDt_GQdI
youtu.be/F-FdsYXXDrc
youtube.com/watch?v=jSAjNWypykQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Cj-XwZVCI
youtube.com/watch?v=hf3CJZAAz2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to see Yuffie dressed as a reporter!

Attached: d9uqq44-25926fd7-0ca7-4d71-9602-455f83d6adb5.png (811x960, 276K)

How many completed save files will we need to unlock the sex scene this time round?

Attached: c790ef45f60270366f016513522d2a3a1895d103.jpg (900x636, 271K)

it's been changed this time and it's yuffie and tifa now
to appease the modern audiences I've heard

I wonder if jessie will survive this time around or if she'll end up flatter than yuffie again

apparently i didnt "jam" on the piano in the nibelheim flashback and now i cant get the elemental materia. triggered

silly user, it's a JRPG, you've gotta interact with EVERYTHING every time you return

I do that with every game ever no matter what the genre. Yes I'm autistic. I'm always afraid I'll "miss" some super important secret hidden item.

that's how you get the sneakrits and cool overpowered shit

except in some games where doing that might accidentally make the final boss 10x harder

not enough nigger

How many people played VII before they knew what Star Wars was?

Attached: question (2).jpg (306x306, 24K)

I just bought FF7 for the Switch, did I fuck up?

I know switch is weak but don't worry, it can handle FFVII.

apparently the Switch and Xbone versions are the only versions which patched the overworld music and FMV bugs

But that’s not Aerith in the pic?

I knew what Star Wars was but I was a stupid kid that thought they were boring especially The Empire Strikes Back

>Cloud creates a bunch of false memories of seeing his mother before she died
>They always screw up and fall apart everytime she says she loves him or that she's proud of him
>He was too ashamed to even see his mother before it was too late

Nah it's a good game. Just have fun with it and go at your own pace whilst appreciating the story and characters. I know the PC version had the gay mouth added but I think the PS4 and Switch versions and later PC versions got rid of that.

kek

if anyone here is wanting to replay and you don't have a PS1 with a CRT I highly recommend the Remako AI Upscaling background mod. Been replaying at 4k and it looks really good.

Attached: cry.jpg (897x787, 249K)

Will they ever explain this ending?

Attached: gfs_58635_3_2.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Didn’t say nothin’ about waifu wars!!!!

what the fuck is that

Attached: tifa mount.png (1104x1321, 310K)

Crap I never thought of this. It's weird how he never touches on the subject of his mother ever again.

No

That is weird. The memories of her at Aerith’s house are stable, because he was a kid then

I might have, but not necessarily. I was about 6 when I played FF7 on my mom's friend's son's playstation when we stayed over for few weeks. He wouldn't let me fuck up his save so he just set me up where there were easy fights and I'd get bored of pressing O over and over but when he was playing I'd get to follow the game progress which I liked even though I understood not half of it.

youtu.be/4tIcotfL4aU

Closest he comes to it is he calls Aerith “mother” when dying in AC. She approaches him from behind and puts her hand on his shoulder.

Do you have a single fact to back that ass up?

Attached: 6a83316cc65947fc08d74d2f9c570f0c.jpg (939x1398, 582K)

the thing is that I did, I got the 1 gil and even did a practice run of the tune for tifas final limit break. apparently you have the option to play a bit or "jam on it" and I was supposed to pick the latter

Why didn't Tifa ever correct Cloud's story while he was reminiscing? Is it because she was too busy lusting after his cock and she thought if she interrupted it might negatively affect the chances of him violently pounding her pussy later?

Attached: tifa.jpg (1000x750, 242K)

No, it’s just an interpretation of a hazy event.

The usual interpretation is he’s blocking out the fact that he showed up in his grunt uniform because it statts to static when she asks about his unfirm

>mfw getting Beta early with enemy skill and tearing through anything
god I love cheesing games

Attached: 1560219411177.jpg (296x269, 11K)

She was afraid, she didn't know how he would react if she tried to tell him. She was also trying to figure out why Cloud knew the intimate details of what happened when she believes she's the only survivor and the whole incident was covered up.

Tifa’s main plot contribution is fixing Cloud’s past and they wanted to save it for disc 2, so they did the “was scared to bring it up” thing.

I think they added another explanation about her thinking she misremembered everyhing due to injuries. But I think that’s a band-aid. Cloud, from her pov, not being there is not a detail after all

early beta feels so good

She wasn't sure how he would react and was worried about him.
There's a scene that was dummied out where she reveals to Aerith that Cloud's memories are wrong. Together they agree to watch over Cloud.
I really wish they had kept that in, I think it would have cleared up a lot of confusion.
Luckily it mostly worked out and Cloud did slam her vagina with appropriate force using his penis.

Attached: _20190511_175005.jpg (998x382, 102K)

Do you think SE is planning a Final Fantasy 7:X2 after they finish the remake? It almost sounds inevitable to me.

yeah, a dirge of cerberus remake

They’d need to finish the remake first before I speculate on that

I'm wondering about this too. I was thinking about another playthrough but I wasnt for sure if the Switch version was still fucked even after the latest patch. Otherwise, I might just go with the PC version

Dancing Mad > One Winged Angel

Attached: Final Fantasy VII Disc 2-180929-173335.png (960x720, 739K)

I think an unstated reason the spinoffs failed, aside from rehashing Cloud v Seph, is they lack a lot of emotional weight.

Thinking specifically of the romance subplots and Aerith’s post death motivation to the team. There’s just less to be invested over outside of the boring plot.

Crisis Core Remake imo

>finish Final Fantasy 7 part 3
>credits roll
>Marvel moment announcing Final Fantasy 7: Endgame

This will happen, and nobody will be able to stop it.

I wonder if they are going to give Tifa the same treatment, CDRed gave Trish in witcher 3 and totally downplay the fact that she is a manipulating bitch to poor brain damaged cloud and enables his fantasies.
Or if they are going to water it down

To be fair, the “i didn’t want to tell you” explanation almost never goes over well in fiction. Even when there’s a decent explanation. Our brains just seem to dislike it

Dragon Quest has always been better than Final Shitasy.

I don't know when this became a thing but it's finally getting creative.

Attached: 64916456_10213565842813401_2885651289092390912_o.png (1753x1240, 1.65M)

FF7 is one of them games that I don't think will ever be topped for me. I can't even think about it objectively. Not sure if it's because I was 13 when it came out and my brain was still being formed or if it's as good as the my mind thinks. I can remeber just about every plot point and song from that game even though I haven't played it in 10+ years yet a new game comes out and i'll play it for 30hrs and not be able to remember the main characters name.

I'm breeding chocobo right now and I can't get a fucking female green chocobo WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING TRASH DOGSHIT RNG

AT LEAST 10 FUCKING TRY AND I ONLY GOT GREEN MALE

Be thankful that the extended FFVII universe is probably dead.

Attached: horilaugh.png (368x643, 121K)

Just kill Ruby

Yea I understand that but it's absolutely how Tifa's personality would deal with it. It's not like Tales of the Abyss where everyone is just withholding information for the sake of it.

Attached: Final Fantasy VII Disc 2-180929-130843.png (960x720, 13K)

Blame Japan, the women looooooooooooove these fads.

Yeah fuck it, already did this in my previous playthrough not gonna bother with this shit again

Oy that Yuffie, cute!

Hey, at least it's not chocobo hot and cold.

Who are these guys?

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-055923_YouTube.jpg (1080x565, 284K)

Does anyone else get game crashes on the switch version? Lost hours of progress because of it and my motivation is completely killed. Granted I was like 8 hours into the game, but I can't risk continuing to play this version if that shit is going to keep happening. Should have just emulated.

Attached: 1561391951915.jpg (324x279, 36K)

It’s just we notice how a dramatic situation could have been easily avoided and fixate on that, probably an instinct we have that makes us mistrust people who don’t share things with the group.

It’s a reason why I agree with the conceit that tifa seems like a later addition to the cast. Stuff like this.

I got a few, but not that many

I could see it happening. I hope it does if the remake turns out to be good since the original didnt deserve the straight-to-video disney sequels that it got in the compilation of advent children.

>red armbands

Attached: CCAvalanche.jpg (585x381, 39K)

I think AC is in many ways the only place it could go.

Was this legit one of the scariest moments in vidya? Jenova is pretty much the definition of an eldritch abomination, since it can look like literally anything and fucks with your mind and makes you crazy, probably borrowed from The Thing

Attached: hqdefault (27).jpg (480x360, 19K)

What are the black smoke/ghosts/spirits whatever that fly around Aerith and Cloud in the trailer?

The watchers / guardians of fate. That's all we know. They show up where the party is. We know absolutely nothing else.

Probably Aerith related. Ancient thing I wont be surprised.

The real question is why would you need or want extra Elemental materia.

Checkmate, hoarder

The new "watchmen of fate" or whatever.
People online seem to think they're Sephiroth clones, but they're not.

you got me there. it's just me being anal

FUN FACT! The only kiss in FF7 is when Yuffie kisses Cloud on the date at the Golden Saucer.

What went wrong?

Attached: 4bb50f5.jpg (2048x2048, 369K)

>blue background instead of red
FUCKIN RUINED PRE-ORDER CANCELLED

Old Bike is better

Will best girl make a return?

Attached: VIICC_Cissnei.jpg (240x240, 9K)

I think the latest redesign is more in-line with the aesthetic desu.

And given that there are additional bike chase scenes in the remake, I guess we can assume there are multiple bikes? Ideally one is an old clunker like the original.

So I've never played any of thr FF7 spinoffs. Should i?

>be kid
>be in my room
>other kid is there
>two mattresses, two tvs, two playstations, two FFVII
>we both play the game for 3 days straight to the end
Any game is multiplayer.

Attached: good.jpg (398x500, 23K)

E. Skill is absolutely broken in VII, as soon as you get beta/big guard the game is over

CC is good
DoC sucks

we've already seen another bike

also the shinra mook bikes look cool

Attached: dirtbike.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Crisis Core still has no HD remaster, apparently because of there are some issues with the rights related to songs and Gackt's likeness.

What if they just redo all the crucial stuff from Crisis Core and add them into the remake?

DoC was fun.

Let it be forgotten.

Chocobo Hot and cold is based, get gud.

Nope. The only good moment from Crisis Core will be remade in FFVII anyway.

Imagine this in the remake.

Attached: 57441bc.jpg (360x450, 36K)

Fuck right off.

I like FFVII's characters so much more than I like the characters in pretty much every other FF I don't even know what my #2 party is.

Got this for my switch
>Bought
>Switch
Any tips desu?

Attached: 1561425123706.jpg (572x621, 104K)

Acquire enemy skills, that's it.

>Having sex with hookers

Attached: 1459814703558.jpg (480x451, 15K)

>2011+8
>still calling Aeris 'Aerith'

Attached: 260px-Odo.jpg (260x305, 15K)

>Criticism of a corrupt company that doesn't make video games are shills
Can I be an anti-OP shill, you ignorant faggot? Go back to twitter you retarded fuck.
Curse your thread and your forever unborn children.

There is no other storyline that they could possibly tell? None?

he did visit her in Nimbelheim, thats why we have the memory of her saying that cloud should have a older girlfriend. The memories after that must be fucked up because he didn't have the guts to tell her he didn't get into soldier and was just a grunt

Why seven stick with everyone? I'm more enthralled with eight.

Playstation was the cool new thing and many players had it. FFVII was the first FF on it. Had VIII been the first PS FF, it would be regarded higher.

It's kinda obvious and I'm surprised I had to explain it to you at all.

Can't wait to see when it goes off and blows out the windows.

It was a lot of people's first jrpg, it had a pretty complex and compelling plot that still has some mysteries and controversies today.
I like VIII a lot, but it just isn't as interesting and the junction system isn't as fun as materia besides.

To be honest I don't why he made up some false memories of him being in Soldier when he killed fucking Sephiroth (and in a badass way).

Okay dude we get it you didn't join Soldier because you didn't pass the test, but who cares ? You killed motherfucking Sephiroth, that's a thousand time better than joining Soldier wtf

who

8 needs a remake more, to clarify the plot for those retards that don’t talk to NPCs or read lore in game

The plot is not why people liked this game. Nobody cared about “the planet” theu care about the dramawith the characters. So the writers have to concoct new drama with the same characters that makes sense or rehash what existed.

So they redo Cloud v Sephiroth

They add Cloud’s regrets

They re-add the love triangle, kinda

I find it easier to give a damn

Nobody would ever believe that he killed sephiroth

That shit gave me nightmares as a kid. The fucking music and pulsing light makes that shit so much more scary and memorable too.

Tifa would have probably belived him and she's the reason that he join Soldier

FfVI is better tbhdesu

No it isn’t.

>Let's have a comfy FF7 thread, to discuss the original game, plot and characters.
I loved how the original had clear narrative chapters
>Midgar (No Sephiroth, full focus on SHIN-RA, tight focus on a punk setting)
>Chasing the man in black (exploring the open world for the first time, Junon and Cost de Sol)
>Barrets backstory (Barrets home and Golden saucer)
etc etc
It sucks the remake is ruining that

But VIII is a bad game

Why didn’t he just let you start a new save?

It has nothing to do with what came first. It's plainly a better game than VIII and IX were.

something to do with being tubbed in with zack for years and then hearing his stories all the way to midgard while his brain was fried.
The game begins not long after Tifa finds cloud at the train station

Cloud spent gollowing years in the basement of nibelheim's Shinra mansion with Zack. Shinra covered up whole Sephiroth incident and after Cloud and Zack escaped, Cloud was still in catatonic state which he broke only after meeting Tifa again. He wanted to play zackish character to not worry Tifa. To Cloud, Tifa could have died when Sephiroth slashed her. Cloud only found out Tifa survived when they met in Midgar.

Simply, thete was no situation where Cloud could believably told abyone he bested Sephiroth. He might have not even realized the fact himself with his mind going bonkers and being locked up in a testing tube for years.

Yeah there is the Mako poisoning but didn't he made up some false memories mainly because he was ashamed of himself ?

If you promised the 11/10 girl next door perfect woman you were going to protect her when she needed it because you were going to become the best of the best, and then not only did you not become anything more than canon fodder but also you definitely couldn't protect her when it mattered you'd probably have trouble dealing with your massive failure. Killing your hero who murdered your entire town wouldn't be any comfort.
And Tifa is so great she even counts Cloud finding her nearly dead as keeping their promise, when it really shouldn't count.

Attached: 7 (4).jpg (1121x1600, 432K)

>The plot is not why people liked this game

He was all 00000 after Nibelheim and Zack was the only one keeping him company. During their escape Zack spoke to Cloud so much he took up the role of Zack for the first half of the game to cope. Cloud was ashamed not making to Soldier and that's why hid himself when visiting his hometown in the flashback. He was no elite soldier, just a grunt. A grunt who managed to throw Sephiroth in the mako vein in his rage. But before that he witnessed Sephiroth burning his hometown and slashing Tifa. Cloud thpught he had lost everything, because he didn't know Tifa survived. After Hojo's wild ride with years in the tube with Zack and ginally escaping and meeting Tifa ahain, Tifa who didnt even know Cloyd was in the Nibelheim that time, there was no way Cloud could have realized the truth especially with his Zack character.

Yeah i guess you're right.

Wouldn't have helped, I didn't know English beyond some words.

>the feels when this scene hits after throwing a Phoenix down at the previous boss

Attached: 8C9F9558-D710-437D-BBD0-1922BFE8C8A8.jpg (400x280, 14K)

It’s not. Aside from some well executed twists, but those were all character driven anyway

>to appease the modern audiences
>Not Barret and Tifa

>after throwing a Phoenix down at the previous boss
Literally beat that boss a couple minutes ago. Phoenix Down does nothing to it. Only Life, Elixir and Potion X.

Found one of the retards

They work but have a chance to miss

Thank you. I remember i used phoenix down and it didnt do anything. X-potion is the way to go if you wanna cheese it. I cringe everytime I see the phoenix down meme played.

VIII wasn't as good though in terms of story and gameplay.

Is Jenova basically The Thing?

Be honest guys, how excited were you when he showed up on screen?

Attached: sephiroth remake.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

>Phoenix down meme
How retarded are you?
youtu.be/YcEEP02W5RA

She intentionally allowed him to carry on in delusion out of fear that he'd disappear again if she interfered.

0/10
>Why is he in the midgar section?
>uhh, this is going to be Advent Children again isn't it
>Don't nuSquare understand how narrative, pacing and focus work?

>cringeworthy, uninteresting cinematics

Hey, I remember seeing this before in Advent Children!

Tifa's Dissida trailer literally just dropped
youtube.com/watch?v=3y-WYX6-dq4

Looks like the Shinra mansion.

It’s obviously just a flashback. You can see that he disappears.

Are people still playing that shit

Looks boring.

>Looks like the Shinra mansion.
>clearly outside
>in between two buildings
The mansion is just behind him in the "vision"
What a mistake
>It’s obviously just a flashback
I didn't say it wasn't.

>more faithful to the original than the remake
But why? Dissidia sucks?
No.

>Nobody would ever believe that he killed sephiroth
And even if he does...
>I-It doesn't count! He just got lucky with the RNG of pre-emptive materia!

They only show the buster sword.

Top: SOUL, cohesive diesel-punk aesthetic, very clean
Bottom: REMEMBER ADVENT CHILDREN?!?!!
I hate NuSquare

Anyone have the doujin where Cloud becomes a shota and Tifa finds out he has an /ss/ fetish

I wish I had that experience holy fuck.

Attached: 1557064009929.gif (1005x742, 2.53M)

I have this.
It's cloud vs Netorare

Attached: netorare.png (1031x672, 1.07M)

>try to help those Bird Guys
>Have to pay them 4000
Am I supposed to Grind battles?

What was so frightening about Wutai that Shinra decided to build that shit?

That's pretty based, guy. Wish I could have experienced that

If you want to do the side quest, yeah. You get a new battle at the place after basicslly every plot moment meaning you need to backtrack and forthback everytime tje story progress. The rewards are pretty underwhelming for all the work you need to do. You will need to do one battle for story reasons in Disc 2

The canon is pointed at the New Continent (Costa Del Sol, Gold Saucer), not Wutai continent.

>NTR
GOD
DAMN
IT

True, I think I had reshaped the world map in my mind.

So, this is in case any Shinra gihger up got too much debt in the Saucer so they could blow it up? What strategic purpose did it serve?

no but I do have this

Attached: it is a book edit.jpg (1932x2576, 1.55M)

>no rules about being angry at smaller tits
Checkmate, boyo.

Oh shit I had forgotten that FF Unlimited existed.

If the canon was build when Scarlet was already the head of weapon dev department, it could have been just her way to show dominance. No matter how impractical the whole thing was.

>anti-Square Enix shills
I hope you know how retarded this sounds.

TIFA TITS NERFED OHNONONONONO SNOYOYOYOYOYYYYYY IMAGINE SUPPORTING BLATANT SJW CENSORSHIP WITH YOUR VERY OWN MONEY HOW RETARDED CAN YOU BE

Attached: 5636.png (500x500, 262K)

7 was the right game at the right time, blowing everyone's minds when it came out. The translation is messy and vague enough that people playing on their own can read into it and interpret it in different ways. It's a very charming, weird game.

I like FF8 more, but I think that 7 is a better, more impactful game.

>pic unrelated

Attached: 1561315150003.jpg (744x632, 127K)

>Breaking thread rules
>Not joker asf

I hope they give a little more depth and sense to the overall geopolitical structure of the world, even if it's on the FFXV level

post link

They really look like the scraped initial concept for the Sephiroth clones and they’re hanging out with Sephiroth in his official render. Maybe it’s just a coincidence but I doubt it.

Nothing. It’s a decent updated design that’s still recognizable.

I prefer to call her нeнyжнaя шлюхa

You're confused. Tifa finds what she thinks is Cloud's porn stash, and she imagines an /ss/ scenario.
But it's actually Denzel's porn.

Attached: _20190602_163341.jpg (315x416, 33K)

Pretty sure any additional appearences he will make in this game outside of Shinra HQ will be either flashbacks or hallucinations.

How does that make it any better?
We shouldn't see him until Kalm.

>It’s a decent updated design
It so much worse it's not even funny.

>Breaking thread rules
>Not joker asf
You mean...
>Smug Joker Pepe
>REEEEEEEEEEing in full caps

There is smug screaming like screaming that there is a fire just for fun

>we SHOULDN'T
>SHOULDN'T

You do realize there's no way the remake gonna be 100% faithful to the original?

Just play the original if that's what you want. Everyone knows who Sephiroth is now. There's no reason to keep him a secret. He and Cloud are the most recognizable characters in the franchise. He's going to torment Cloud a lot more in this game,that should already be obvious.

If they are anti SquareEnix then what are they shilling?

>How does that make it any better?
>We shouldn't see him until Kalm.
Why is such a change bad? "It's not perfectly the same" doesn't make something automatically bad. You need to present a good reason why it supposedly messes up the game - which you can't, for the simple reason that you don't even know how the remake actually handles it.

Because Sephiroth is Darth Vader now, and they need to shoehorn him in whenever they can for that cheap fanservice. "Less is more" is not in their vocabulary.

They're including him in the "first episode" because of marketing reasons. There's no way Square devs could get away with making FF7 now without including the most popular character.

He hides his identity from Tifa and everyone else in the village but still goes to visit his mom.

Tifa WAS a later addition, she was created when they decided to kill off Aerith and then after creating her they were going back and forth on which one to actually kill and which one to leave behind in order to support Cloud.

>strategic purpose

Because they would have a big ass cannon they can blow the shit of any potential threat with? Or just shoot at them anyways and invade.

I hope you atleast save and reset? well, its not that bad if you dont. 6 fights and chocobos can fug again

I wonder how bubble tea teates like

You sure about that?
I know it was between Aerith & Barret. Didn't know they planned to kill off Tifa also

It has only 10% to hit or something like that

Its not remarkable at all but chicks fucking love it.

Notice how well the canon can be shifted horizontally or change the angle. Oh wait, it cannot. The threat it is supposed to counter needs to come from 100% front of it. Even small difference in the angle renders it useless. It's by no means practical.

>—Was the Aerith’s shocking death scene also confirmed at that time?

>Nomura: I suggested to Kitase about having either Aerith or Tifa die, and it was decided that we’d go in that direction.

>—Were there two heroines from the outset?

>Nomura: No, originally there was only Aerith, and Tifa was added as another heroine later. To make up for Aerith dying, we needed a heroine who would be by the hero’s side until the end.

Nazis built a big ass cannon that wasn't practical either. Chalk it up to incompetence.

He said original game, you mean "aeris".

It's amazing how a polygonal game with such basic graphics and no voice can convey emotions and feelings into the audience much stronger than any modern AAA game. The "Those Chosen By the Planet" theme in particular was absolute dread, whenever you hear it, and you're going down the dark staircase, you know Sephiroth is going to appear and something dreadful will happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o

This game is 22 years old, it belongs on /vr/.

Tifa didn't know Cloud was around back then, from her point of view he showed up out of nowhere and rescued her when she was about to die.

People generally seem to get annoyed when fictional characters act irrationally or make stupid mistakes, ignoring that is a realistic thing that happens with everyone.

Original incarnation of AVALANCHE before Barret's group, which was much more violent and openly terrorist. Barret's group are basically pacifists in comparison, the original group didn't hesitate at murder and destruction.

Yeah, but he didn't. She already got fucked up by Sephiroth. She was left for dead and later rescued by Zagan. Cloud didn't actually do anything to help her.

It will never be a memory.

Accept the CloTi into your hearts

Attached: 1561471119065[1].png (2400x1123, 3.55M)

Are the difficulty mods actually any good?
QoL mods to speed up some sections are welcome too
Seeing how square is probably going to fuck up the remaster I might aswel just replay the original.

Switch version of FFIX has crashed for me in random story scenes when in high-speed mode. Playing story scenes in regular speed seems to have fixed that issue for me

A NESHUSHARY EVIL

Attached: cloudbane.png (836x424, 95K)

>Thinking about a VII sequel when this won't be finished for 2 console generations

So the conversation Cloud had with Sephiroth in the Shinra basement, did Sephiroth really tell Cloud all that stuff or was that conversation actually between Zack and Cloud? How did Cloud know the details when he recounted it?

It happened to me once. I believe it comes from abusing 3x speed too much, at least in my experience

You mean like a game adaptation of Advent Children? I doubt it. The current project is ambitious as it is and will be the equivalent of multiple full games.

From the looks of things it'll look like
>Episode 1- Midgar
>Episode 2 - ends with Aerith killed in Forgotten Capital
>Episode 3 - remainder of the game.

Nah Cloud did actually save her youtube.com/watch?v=ih7s1e55tZI

What were the worst ff7 rumors you guys ever heard?
>revive Aeris
>save Aeris
>Tifa dies instead of Aeris
>rainbow chocobo
>silver chocobo
>wooden chocobo?
>obtain the real Masamune
>permanently playable Sephiroth
>playable Zack
>playable Joe (ffs)
>fight sapphire weapon
>if you name Aeris EASY, her dialogue changes

Are you talking about when Sephiroth is telling cloud about the reunion?

I almost missed the first enemy skill materia. Thankfully, I rotated my saves, but it meant beating the rest of Midgar a second time, since it wasn't until I tried to learn matra magic that I noticed it was missing.

I thought G was gonna be stronger than Sephiroth. What else could they have been implying by giving him a bigger wing?

I doubt many of us will live to see the end of remake, if it will ever even exist, so it's irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=UCTkDt_GQdI

The scene where he's in the basement library of the Shinra mansion, and Sephiroth tells him about how he's a cetra and Jenova's his mother and they stole the planet from her etc etc. Did this really happen? If Cloud was just an ordinary Shinra grunt, it doesn't make sense for him to have been able to go into the Shinra mansion basement and Sephiroth to tell him all that, but if Sephiroth actually had that conversation with Zack, how does Cloud have all the details of it and what Sephiroth said?

It's just taking the key features of the bike and exaggerating them. It's not so bad. It's not like the bike was showing of a lot of skin and had big boobs and they decided to censor it.

Cloud and Zack spent years on the tubes in Shinra mansion's badement and when they escaped, Zack blabbered all his life to Cloud. Sephiroth and Cloud did have interactions in Nibwlheim both before and after Sephiroth's meltdown so Cloud could have heard the stuff straight from horse's mouth. The game doesnt tell you exactly but there is no plothole. Cloud could have learned the stuff either way.

>plot
*rolls eyes*

Thankfully that shit is not canon and 99% of the people on Earth never saw it or played DoC

Cloud is a nice guy to a fault. He sees no glory in his actions. He was never gonna see himself as good enough. The way he sees it, his one and only hero went crazy and then he killed him and everyone he knew is either dead or dying. The experiments scrambled his brain a bit, but the more he realized he was wrong, the more he started consciously denying it because he preferred his delusions.

The only thing we've heard is that the Planet has awakened him, because it's in terrible danger and needs to be saved by its designated guardian. This is where you note that Genesis didn't need to wake up for Sephiroth's stunt.

I can't remember when exactly this scene takes place but it says flashback. So I'm assuming Cloud already has Jenova cells in him which means Sephiroth can communicate all kinds of memories/bullshit to him.

To be fair, it typically works in other ff games.

dude did you even play the game

B A S E D

Attached: irasutoya ff7.jpg (1581x1501, 714K)

-10/10, I was furious. Sephiroth shouldn't be seen until the flashback. The buildup and mystique made him as legendary to the audience as he was to the characters, and now it's spoiled.

>check this thread
>comfy game discussion

>check other tifa thread
>shitflinging by SJWs and consolewars

So glad I stayed here

Stop, stop, stop. It's okay to like the game but do not participate in the discussion if you don't know what you are talking about.

t. didn't get the zodiac spear in FFXII first time round.

Get that nu-FF7 trash out of here. Tifa does not wear spax

Hey guys my FF7 looks weird.

Attached: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Finished Version)-3.png (256x224, 6K)

>in a bed
They did it on the rocks.

V-Vincent?

Fuck, someone used to tell me that if you renamed tifa to 'soupy' she would talk like and make references to being a prostitute

isn't that the one where Aeris rapes Tifa, and Clouds rescues her by add raping Aeris?

Lol is the Chinese NES version? I don't get why they would do this. Was it really that hard to obtain a ps1 in China?

>anti-Square Enix shills
>ANTI CORPORATIONS SHILLS
>"SHIILLING" AGAINST CORPORATIONS IS NOW UNETHICAL
just kill yourself OP

ass

im pretty hesitant about the remake mostly cause im afraid it might be more serious and wont have the same charm but i could probably give it a shot anyway

post your favorite ff7 track RIGHT NOW
youtu.be/F-FdsYXXDrc

Attached: 1467963201234.jpg (600x800, 631K)

It is when you ruin literally every thread and stifle actual discussion of the game. Now fuck off retard.

There's every reason to keep him a secret because that's what worked for the story. A lot of people are experiencing this game for the first time, so it'd be nice if it wasn't ruined. If they had to show him off, it should be in shadow or something.

>-10/10, I was furious. Sephiroth shouldn't be seen until the flashback. The buildup and mystique made him as legendary to the audience as he was to the characters, and now it's spoiled.
I don't know what you are talking about. I don't remember any such "mystique" at any point other than the impaled Snake on my first playthrough. And that was AFTER the Kalm flashback.

This one has all the vibe of a 60's British heist movie or something so I love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSAjNWypykQ

Attached: ff7__rufus_and_the_turks_by_k_koji_daieu6f-pre.jpg (1061x753, 91K)

That's their problem, not ours. Nobody told them to make it episodic, that was their idea.

>played ffvii a million times
>playing on xbone for achievements
>somehow fucking miss the ramuh materia when it's slapping me in the face
>can't go back to the chocobo racing lounge
thank fuck you can get the master summon elsewhere or i'd have been real mad. i'm still kinda mad desu

>There's every reason to keep him a secret because that's what worked for the story. A lot of people are experiencing this game for the first time, so it'd be nice if it wasn't ruined. If they had to show him off, it should be in shadow or something.
Bullshit. You are blinded by nostalgia and your obsession with "keeping everything EXACTLY the same as the original". You are a coward who is afraid of the remake taking risks that might lead it to surpass the original and instead want the "safe" route of simply pretty-ing up the original game.
And incidently, you can't even make any judgements about the actual reamke yet since you didn't even play it. You aren't evaluating the game based on its merits here. You are just complaining about anything that deviates from a "perfect 1:1 adaptation" in your imagination.
And the "reveal" about Sephiroth's appearence wasn't nearly as "glorious" as you make it out to be. I myself certainly didn't "experience" any of that bullshit you are describing on my own first playthrough. As far as I am concerned, good riddance. Plot-wise it didn't make sense that such a known celebrity and ShinRa propaganda tool as Sephiroth remained a "mystery" to the audience. But I guess to you the imaginary MUH SURPRISE REVEAL is more important than such "trivial" matters, right?

I got u senpai:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Cj-XwZVCI

I am going to regret asking this question.
If I haven't played FF7 - or any FF game whatsoever, being a PC fag raised on GoldBox RPGs, what am in for? Any starting tips?

Original user that you responded to here. The plot definitely wasnt the only thing that made the game so great, but you dont think there is any more room to fit at least an sequel storyline that sets itself away from the first one in that world? I feel there are a few stories that can be told in there.

Maybe a prequel I always assumed everyone died in the end of the original before advent children anyway.

really comfy music

I had the same experience at 16 with Dark Souls. Just my buddy and I, a case of mountain dew, junk food, both figuring shit out before any walkthroughs were made and sharing our discoveries. FF7 with a bud sounds like a fun experience.

It's one of the easier FFs, also feels open but is linear enough that you're unlikely to get too lost. Generally a good one to start the series with. It's solid overall, not really much more to say.

oh and important - expect to spend a lot of time in the first 'city' of the game, but it DOES eventually have a world map and other towns and stuff, Midgar isn't the whole game, it takes ~5 hours to get through.

Before Crisis is right up your alley. It mostly consists of backstories for all the characters in VII.

>they didn't even try to make the town layout look similar
Soulless

When did I say his reveal was glorious? When did I use the word "trivial?" You know, when you use quotation marks, it should be when you're actually quoting someone.

I'm also going to have to contradict your assumption that I'm nostalgia-blind. I acknowledge that the original is flawed and could use some rewrites. The extended sequence when AVALANCHE collects the huge materia was extremely poorly written and nonsensical. The most important thing about a remake is knowing which things to change and which things to not change, and squeenix has been pretty dodgy in this regard. I would applaud them for keeping the character's personalities intact from the footage I've seen so far, but the censorship, the changes to pacing, and the implementation of tactical mode all have me in doubt. Besides, this game is two years too late, and it will be much more late than that by the time it's finished since it's also episodic. They've learned nothing from ffxv and its hellacious development cycle and are just leaning on their prior work as a crutch. The fact that it's a remake is the only thing that gives them direction.

...and I'll make any judgements about the game I want because the entire purpose of advertisement is to showcase the content of the game so prospective players can decide whether they're interested or not and I am most certainly not. I've played ff7 over a dozen times. I know what works about the game and what doesn't. You just come off as an apologist with a dismissive attitude who can't tolerate that his interests are being challenged and is projecting that intolerance on others. You sound just like call the people who said DmC was better and fans just need to get over it.

almost all the OST is great,
this one as a kid was mesmerizing

>youtube.com/watch?v=hf3CJZAAz2g

Attached: 574931056f.jpg (303x166, 10K)

That could work. They could do something with the Cetra waaaaay before the events of FFVII