Why don't video games get as much good fan-content as TF2, anymore? Things with genuine inspiration and SOUL?

Why don't video games get as much good fan-content as TF2, anymore? Things with genuine inspiration and SOUL?
youtube.com/watch?v=3853FW88kHQ

youtube.com/watch?v=j52Rrv-3bw0

youtube.com/watch?v=XdYfubRfCrI

All we get these days are;
>cringe-tier "song" ""parodies""
>repetitive template memes
>recycled jokes from other games

Was TF2 just that good of a game to get such good content out of it?

Attached: 1.png (564x441, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1W8BZPf-N8
youtube.com/watch?v=bzZ6GrRTgrM&t=526s
youtu.be/Ekl0evT4guM
youtu.be/wOBNrAtIhRo
youtu.be/O9agar940cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TF2 is shit.

Cause unless you're a Nintendo IP most of your dance is quick to move to the next big thing.

alright, does anyone other than jeff kaplan have an answer for me

Kids have no fucking interest in making anything anymore, they're all addicted to fortnite

but why? surely, they could just as easily start their own little in-jokes without having to refer to social media or their favorite youtubers, right?

games are shit now
nothing worth making content for

make the content you want to see, user

Shame, there's still so much fan content going on now with the game. Hell there's probably enough community weapons and hats to last the game another 10 years by now. And the SFM animations weather they're badass or funny. I've honestly never seen a game get so much love from its community and yet so little love from its creators. If Valve gave it regular updates, continued the comic series my God it would be topping the charts. But worst part is that'll never happen.

Attached: BannanaHeavySad.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

youtube.com/watch?v=S1W8BZPf-N8

Attached: 1559515018848.png (440x495, 226K)

most games nowadays are shit with shitty fanbases that move on too quick, they don't get attached to games anymore,TF2 is a timeless masterpiece

hot take: TF2 absolutely deserves a rep in smash

Attached: 5565463.jpg (488x1293, 185K)

Attached: 1560943579582.png (500x460, 26K)

Valve's not the soulful company it used to be. Now it's all about VR gimmicks and money.

but man, could you imagine a GOOD tf2 remaster?

I personally make original codec calls that let me explore Snake's character and interactions with the other smash characters. I know many otoMAD makers that are making original stuff too.

The easiest answer though is that YouTube's algorithm and culture favor longform talking head and essay videos over more labor intensive work. GMOD style videos of the past would not have blown up if they were released now. There are some exceptions if you cater to mainstream, but the average TF2 fan cares about insular culture and has a great time doing it. Bless TF2.

Attached: 1560283443861.png (640x480, 285K)

i can't imagine a good enough reason as to why he shouldn't be in

zoomers don't care about videogames.
hell, they don't even play videogames anymore, they mostly watch some retard badly playing while saying retarded shit so they can sperg in twitch chat their disgusting emoticon

there is to say that videogames these days aren't really about fun anymore and they are not as easy to mod like the old games were since TRIPLEA INDUSTRY doesn't want you to mess with their toys.

videogames as we knew them are basically dead.

Attached: 1522254953661.jpg (1024x678, 79K)

To answer your question I think its mainly the target demographic age's are very much different TF2 is aimed more for teenagers and young adults. With Fortnite (the most popular thing currently) being aimed for young kids. Any good SFM animator isn't going to bother with the game because its for young kids. Another thing worth mentioning is if there was SFM animations made about Fortnite what is there to do? To be made out of it?? With the TF2 characters each of them have different distinct funny in their own way personalities. With a whole bunch of funny or even badass voice clips to show their character. Fortnite doesn't have that. And just while I'm at voice lines and clips, anyone else see games are getting too pussy to have any actually insulting voice clips and lines? Where else have you seen anything as hard hitting as domination lines. youtube.com/watch?v=bzZ6GrRTgrM&t=526s

Attached: Engi.gif (300x300, 931K)

fpwp

Actually OP I think the sad truth is that these new generations of kids don't learn the technical skills needed to create things. I have worked with students who are currently in highschool and don't even know how to navigate a simple windows explorer well enough to know where they saved their files. The iPad generation is fucked.

vidya is dead

Attached: 123456.jpg (600x401, 30K)

>tfw 3700 Hours of TF2
>all the missed opportunities in middleschool/highschool
>missed every dance/field trip/pep rally to sit at home playing tf2 with the boys
>achievement servers
>idle servers
>pub games
>custom Saxton/Zombie/Parkour/Prop Hunt/Upgrade/MannVsMachine Servers
>endless content and character customization

I honestly sometimes feel like I regret playing as much as I did over the span of like, what, 7-8 years? I had to have been playing consistently at least 5-6 hours everyday.

TF2 had a lot of soul, but it's aged and still a classic honestly.

Attached: 1558421825494.png (1048x1370, 2.15M)

Because TF2 is /the/ only game that can work on its own with Gmod-style animations. No other game series or cast of characters has enough charm and personality to fit into this wacky world of insanity without feeling out-of-place or like a pure cringefest.

Though I do believe that the L4D cast is an exception to this rule
youtu.be/Ekl0evT4guM
youtu.be/wOBNrAtIhRo
youtu.be/O9agar940cc

Attached: 1408577224220.png (741x479, 359K)

Does it really need a remaster? Honestly I just think all it really needs is a couple model updates, a couple additional weapons, maps, of course hats and its good to go.

>micspam these cute songs/mash-ups in servers
>people usually will type "lol" or "what is this haha"
>occasional "bro please dont micspam here."

>play any kind of music/soundclips over mic nowadays
>"BRO SHUT THE FUCK UP IM REPORTING YOU FOR BEING TOXIC."
>most likely get softbanned/kicked

what the fuck is the Gaming Community anymore. I havent made a Steam Friend since 2014.

Attached: 3da222be3955d813c7dfdde4e9bf50a9.gif (500x282, 155K)

>join random server in TF2/L4D/CSGO/whatever
>80% chance there are people laughing, talking, micspamming on their own in the server as you join in

>join CoD Lobby, which has like fucking 32 people in it
>dead silence
>play Overwatch
>dead silence, MAYBE one/2 people randomly calling out things

Attached: OilbXuP.jpg (720x707, 50K)