Platformer mascots

Which mascot would you choose to add to form a quartet? The mascot has to be at least somewhat important or relevant though.

Attached: b47.png (1200x968, 1.3M)

> Samus, Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong

bubsy

Banjo-Kazooie or Spyro
>relevance
Banjo is in smash, Amazon Germany leaked a new Banjo game Spyro got the reignited trilogy and it’s being released on Switch and PC this September.

If Crash is among them, then so should Spyro, even though Donkey Kong is probably more relevant.

Donkey Kong will always live in Mario's shadow no matter how good his games are, he's just another side character in most people's eyes.

Chief

conker or banjo to represent microsoft

Let's go with Banjo since he actually has good games

Rayman

Make it a quintet with Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Banjo. I think they're the most deserving and impactful mascots that are still relevant to this day.

I think we need a 4th human like mascot and I think megaman does the job here.

I absolutely hate Crash's design, most soulless corporate money hungry design I have ever seen in a video game.

>having this shit taste

Attached: mpvshot1493.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Based.
Spyro or Rayman

Attached: 1560436968490.png (877x910, 311K)

Ratchet

the dialogue alone would make it worth

Attached: GexCover.jpg (228x436, 24K)

It's hard to think of another mascot for the 90's. Mario was Nintendo, Sonic was SEGA, and Crash was PlayStation. Nothing else mattered.

Earthworm Jim

Doomguy

Attached: 1524287122966.png (540x718, 287K)

Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Banjo & Kazooie

>having literal shit taste

Klonoa

Who?

Spyro is to Crash what Samus is to Mario. Very popular, but not as popular

If you were older than 18, you'd remember that Gex the Gecko was a big deal in the 90's (even bigger than Crash). If Crash Bandicoot gets in, Gex should be in too.

You don't know what the shit you're talking about. How is an insane australian marsupial in any way a generic corporate mascot?

Wahoo!

That's ridiculous. Gex was always a generic multiplat game with no notable inpact on the gaming industry

Then why's Crash there?

I think he meant to type Sonic

Rayman
IF ONLY UBISOFT WOULD FUCKING REMEMBER HIM

Crash is cheating since he was irrelevant for fifteen years unlike Mario and Sonic who never were (even if for all the wrong reasons in Sonic's case), but lately he jumped back into the spotlight in a big way.

Who should be there for Sony then?

Crash is the closest thing Sony's ever had to a mascot even if he's not exclusive to their systems anymore. They were stupid to give him up.

>They were stupid to give him up.
They didn't have him in the first place.

>Crash is the closest thing Sony's ever had to a mascot even if he's not exclusive to their systems anymore.
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Sly Cooper
Parappa
Sir Daniel
Kratos
Sackboy
Nathan Drake

Toro is Sony's mascot in Japan

Oscar from the Amiga CD32, he's relevant because of AVGN

Shovel Knight

rayman and replace mario with wario

Attached: 1555884379883.png (1200x813, 366K)

Man I love platformer mascots
The god quartet is always
PLUMBER BOI
HEDGEHOG BOI
ROBO BOI
PAC BOI

But I also like
BANDICOOT BOI
DRAGON BOI
BOMBER BOI
PAWSIBLY GO WRONG BOI
GUH HUH BOI
And lots of others

Attached: 1536488003631.png (427x412, 39K)

>Which mascot would you choose to add to form a quartet? The mascot has to be at least somewhat important or relevant though.
There is nothing to add, it's a trio.

>mario
>yoshi
>contra guy

GU-HUH
BREEE

Attached: D9B9uLQUYAERDTK.png large.png (852x1608, 770K)

The proper term is scotformer.

>The mascot has to be at least somewhat important or relevant though.
>In Smash
>New game leaked
>Mario Odyssey pulled a heavy amount of inspiration from their games
>The progenitors of the open world genre which is now one of the most financially successful genres in video games
>IP launch was so successful it was treated as a Nintendo IP on par with Mario/DK/Zelda/Pokemon until the buyout
Yeah I'm thinking they're in

Attached: 1560559948372.png (1280x1280, 682K)

Halo

Crash is only well known among Playstation fans, Mario and Sonic, especially Mario, everyone and their grandma know Mario and Sonic. There was never serious competition between Mario and Crash.

Attached: Supermario_Kungsbacka.jpg (1920x2560, 877K)

>In Smash = relevant
lmao Duck Hunt is the most iconic shooter character then. Banjo is in Smash because of fan demand, a small portion of Smash players who voted Banjo in the Smash Ballot. He's still irrelevant to gaming as a whole. Normal people know Mario, Sonic, Crash. Even my grandma does. No one but a small portion of people who play video games knows Banjo.
>inb4 cope
>inb4 seething
>inb4 muh Steve
Only posting facts here.

Jazz Jackrabbit

Attached: zooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooom.png (8728x4416, 160K)

He deserves it.

>dislikes Banjo
>hurr must be a zoomer
Sorry, boomer here but I like actual old characters with actual good games and history. My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog. It didn't have none of that 3D 64-bit shit.

>Sorry, boomer here

Attached: zoooooooooooooooom.png (403x8175, 446K)

Kirby Wtf??

Ratchet

Fuck you

>lmao Duck Hunt is the most iconic shooter character then
You really didn't think this through.

Duck Hunt is EXACTLY one of the most iconic shooting games. Are you insane?

Banjo-Kazooie, the king and queen of collectathons.

>Every other mascot in the 80s and 90s were cartoony animals that looked like trendy teenagers, specifically to appeal to kids
>Nintendo comes up with a fat short adult Italian man with mustaches and he goes on to become extremely popoular on a global scale
How did they do it?

Attached: 1529228806046.png (428x568, 340K)

Can we stop with the foreign Amazon shit? They put a listing for Persona 5 on Switch after the Joker reveal. It's been 7 months and that hasnt happened, its language barriers causing misinterpretation of the smash reveals.

I heard a lot about Banjo both from people my age back then and from nostalgic boomers in the later years

t. never had a n64 and grew up with Crash instead

>My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Attached: 1550658872501.png (414x404, 199K)

obviously Master Chief

the reason unironically is soul. other mascots were decided by committees whereas mario was decided by one guy who happens to be an excellent game designer

>ctl + f Pacman
>0 results
wtf Yea Forums

Attached: 19260303_1755411334751092_8691481498621227650_n.jpg (386x249, 9K)

Mario was meant to be a parody of all those 70's movie leads, everything about him screams 70's "average every day man " guy who eventually gets the girl

If we want to represent the Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation, then I guess Sonic, Jak, Mario, and Blinx.

All of them are fucking dead except shit like the 3 in your pic, what a retarded question

Attached: 1538066962358.jpg (600x606, 43K)

Steve from Minecraft

Banjo literally only sold 4.5 million in total. The pair are completely and utterly irrelevant other than for the incredibly vocal and autistic minority who spam them endlessly.