This gamestop still has a mario galaxy promotion from 2007

this gamestop still has a mario galaxy promotion from 2007
note the mario maker 2 poster to the left

Attached: IMG_20190522_011249.jpg (1024x768, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EglOsfErtaE?t=98
youtube.com/watch?v=YXEfgFCkv4k
consumerist.com/2013/12/12/raiders-of-the-lost-walmart-not-sure-what-color-this-game-boy-advance-used-to-be/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uh. Ok.

Galaxy is a good game, to be fair.

Interesting enigma user, but what was the point of your thread?

Attached: skeletronthink.png (278x248, 55K)

Eh, it's the icon of gaming and it's a nice render that fits the window size, why change it?

Isn't this the same place that still has a massive Halo 3 poster that's still standing to this day?

My local movie theater still has this huge ass statue of Alvin and the Chipmunks in the main lobby

I’ve seen a few GameStops with the poster as well

They probably gain some attention for it and keep it that way for it.

They probably tried removing it in 2007 but GameStop's audience threw a fit and screeched and cried until they put it back. It's difficult for those with autism to deal with change.

Imagine how much has happened in the gaming industry since this poster was put up
>TF2 was brand new
>Sonic was in
>Halo was cool

>TF2 was brand new
>Yea Forums party van

Attached: letgo.jpg (570x630, 187K)

What will happen to all those games once they start shutting down all the failing gamestops?

Fitting considering Gamestop hasn't been relevant since last generation. Walking into Gamestop is like walking into a time machine and going back to a time before digital distribution when you had to preorder a game to play it on launch day. Now that digital preloading is a thing Gamestop is all but obsolete

youtu.be/EglOsfErtaE?t=98

Nice stock photo faggot.

Depends on if it's just store getting shut down or if GameStop in general is going under. The former situation would just mean that those stores would ship off their remaining stock to a distribution center with a minor clearance sale of what can't be shipped or no worth shipping while the latter would mean going out of business sales for each store.

Pretty much, and for the decent portion of people who still buy physical it's way easier to buy online. As for retro games, if you have a local retro game store you're all set and have no need for gamestop's reused games that they literally never touch up before reselling

Attached: squidchair3.jpg (575x420, 39K)

New Mario lore?

Yeah, and politics had yet to ruin gaming

and?

Have Boomers risen up?

My GameStop still has a Sonic and the Secret Rings poster on the side.

Gamestop at 84th and broadway in NYC still has that poster in the window and a GTA V poster that they've had since launch in 2013

Mario Galaxy is just that good

Attached: 1555960544025.png (300x303, 50K)

jfc this was taken in 2017

Attached: Capture.jpg (1206x637, 115K)

This reminds me of when i was a kid. This rental place, Hollywood Video I think had a big image of Mario from the box art of Mario 3. I got super excited since we didn't have many NES games but was dissapointed to find they didn't actually have any. This was when the PS1 and N64 were current, so any NES stuff was long gone.

My dad got addicted to it and it got to the point he would keep playing it in non-stop and even loss sleep because of it. He also beat it before I did, and 100% completed everything.

why is sonic's face censored?

Attached: 1557704469924.jpg (1125x821, 129K)

for privacy

>mfw he says "Gaming is gonna be my job!"
I know it's fake but the fact that there are people who genuinely believe that they can make a living off of gaming outside of QA testing, e-sports, and the ever-diminishing return from livestreaming brings a smile to my face.

Attached: 1506211107515.jpg (612x531, 41K)

>tfw never jumped on streaming in it's prime and it's essentially too late now unless I somehow make friends with other streamers to leech off of
It's not fair bros

>Tfw I didn't start using Yea Forums until 2012
I don't know why I switched to this board. I can only remember this board being invaded by SJWs and then a few years later in 2014 gamergate happened and reddit invaded and then other shit like neogaf exoduses, the elections, resetera and the continued influx of reddit have just made this board spiral out of control. All you see now are bait threads by trannies, commies, zoomers, or /pol/ users with a bit of videogames sprinkled in

Attached: 1452135535892.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Local gamestops here change posters all the time.

This was 6 years ago?

They would have to remove the wall of games to change it out. My local GameStop has Halo shit.

Holy shit actually found a picture of it

Attached: zIgin4M.jpg (500x375, 92K)

Oh hey, our Hollywood Video had that too. I think they all did. Anyone else remember GameCrazy?

Cool story bro

sonic? idk man how can you tell its censored

>Disc Replay still has Final Fantasy 8 poster
>GameXChange still has Parasite Eve poster
>Local store still has Donkey Kong Country 2 poster

Bros... this is an outrage...

the jews don't want people to know sonic unleashed.

Attached: 1553823594888.jpg (211x399, 30K)

Wait, is Disc Replay a national chain? I thought it was only around here.

made me cry looking at it you just made a grown 20 yo cry u bastard

It's generic enough and looks good. Why take it down.

When Dreamcast was removed we just destroyed them and put them in the trash

So? It's rad as fuck. You have a problem with that?

There's a Gamestop in my town and I don't understand how the hell it's still standing.
Everytime I go there it's empty, the shelves full of funko pops are always full and I never saw anyone buy any of them, we are in a town with 8000 inhabitants, not much else around us.
I might be the only person who occasionaly goes there because I like owning physical games, so this happens once every 6 months on average.

How are gamestops even alive anymore?
No wonder they offer cents to people who go there to sell games.

damn mario getting sun bleached

Unironically, those funko pops and all that "gamer merch" they have in the front of the stores are why they're still in business. They were starting to tank with just game sales.

pretty much this

i recommend watching this. pretty much spells out what exactly gamestop is going through at the moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXEfgFCkv4k

>Gamecube
>Xbox games in the shelves
Fuck this Walmart.

My local Wal-Mart still has Game Boy Advance logos plastered above one of the game cabinets.

consumerist.com/2013/12/12/raiders-of-the-lost-walmart-not-sure-what-color-this-game-boy-advance-used-to-be/

Why isn't it faded to shit?

It’s fucking Mario, nobody cares what game it’s from.

I seen a video renting store with sun bleached movie posters from 2008 they were Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull I think.

My local Sears closed last year. They still had fucking Gamecube and PS2 shit on the walls.

Same