Do Americans even have good enough internet to play this thing? Lol!

Do Americans even have good enough internet to play this thing? Lol!

Attached: google-stadia.jpg (758x426, 19K)

The video is heavily compressed on Google's side, so the consumer's internet probably has no benefit after 100Mb/s or so. Keep in mind that servers aren't just spewing data, even YouTube's 2160p option is only around 15 Mb/s.
With all that considered, it's only latency that matters.

Your internet is only fast because we built datacenters on your continent.

Better than Australia's at least.

Yes? Wtf are you on about?

Neat looking controller. Too bad the idea and system are dogshit. Lots of other companies have tried this idea. I don't expect Google to get it right.

Obviously or they wouldn't put it here. We are a first world nation after all

Even if they get the rest of it right, North American internet sucks fucking balls.

People are going to tolerate this shit because it has 4K on it even though it will be compressed to look far worse than 1080p does on their PS4s already. I fucking hate how high resolution became nothing but a marketing term. First it was to sell new TVs until the price of them plummeted, now it's being used to peddle this game streaming trash.

Lmao this thing is such a fucking joke. "Stadia", sounds like a vaginal yeast medication. This things does absolutely nothing that current consoles don't already do, it caters to a market that doesn't exist and nobody is going to go buy a whole new console and give up the ability to own their games just so they can play the same multiplat trash with added latency. Soi journalists will buy this thing and rave about it for 2 weeks, then it's going to crash and burn. OnLive all over again. Wait and see.

I sure hope so. And knowing how quick and often Google drops their gay little experiments, it's probably going to die and have no chance of a comeback.

The system should probably work reasonably well, as Google has the technology to route connections so that if you're playing a multiplayer game the total lag would probably be not that much worse than having a game locally installed.
My issue with the idea is that even if everything works perfectly, Google has the sole ability to cut you loose, so there's pretty much no chance for modding or CFW of any sort, and I hope this doesn't catch on too hard.
That may be an issue, but it could also be argued that the investment into blu rays and internal storage is not worth higher picture quality.
Google also has the option of using better hardware, so you could probably get better looking games to begin with, somewhat making up for the difference.
A PS4 would produce a cleaner picture, but if it runs at half the framerate then I don't think there is too much of a contest.

Stadia will fail, and since it's streaming you will lose all your purchases once the service goes under

Don't worry, it'll end up the same way as Google Glasses. Google has a terrible habit of trying to "innovate" by appealing to a demographic that doesn't exist, and in turn wasting a ton of money before quickly jumping ship. The big boys in this industry are already established and there isn't room for anybody else.

Always Online (and VR) is an agenda that all videogame companies have agreed to push. That's why no matter how hard it fails, no matter how much gamers push back, they always, somehow, have more spare capital to waste on it.

Try and get Capcom to make another Dino Crisis, or Ubisoft a Prince of Persia, or MS another Lost Odyssey, or Sony to make Colony Wars, G-police, Infamous, Ape Escape 4. Nahh. They ain't got money for that despite the fan demand! For some very strange reason, they all gotta push Always Online.

This shit isn't about convenience at all. They're trying to fuck you.

What is this silly ass bait? I've seen it more and more recently. Unless you're out in the middle of nowhere, America generally has great internet.

they have decent speeds, it's all capped to a certain limit though, like they have a given amount of gigs a month and if they hit the limit they can't do shit, here in first world Europe only slavs and arabs use capped internet in first world Europe countries, america is slowly becoming a second world country, pitiful

Attached: roast-chicken-family-dinner.jpg (1000x666, 463K)

>YouTube's 2160p option is only around 15 Mb/s.

yeah at 4:2:0

fucking console plebs will be ok with this though

I live in New York and get a gigabit.
I can easily play these, but I am not going to support the subscription model of games.
For the longest game companies have been wanting to make it so you don't own your games, and I don't want to be one of the fools who are okay with having your full priced games being taken away just because of licensing issues, or it not selling well enough for the publisher

It's a very convenient policy to push, but people do still have to buy it. For the time being, I think Stadia could probably compete directly with consoles, probably forcing them to develop similar systems. It isn't like you can do that much more on them, anyway.
I really hope that PC and handheld gaming are spared from this mess, because at least they can do things that Stadia can't.
Get with the times. LTE doesn't even have data caps anymore.

Supposedly you can purchase a la carte, and your license would be the same as if you bought the game through any other medium, although you have no access at all to the game files. This is shitty for modding, but you "own" the game just as much as any other DRM-riddled way you can buy it.

It's the fucking lizard people. They're fucking getting anxious about all this technology floating around, thermal paste an only do so much. If they push streaming and VR, they can fucking uncloak they're stupid people masks and get goddamn Geico'd up. You think GoT's Drogon being cool as fuck was random? Theyre setting us up to accept slit-eyed no ears as fucking normal. Just loot at your local geckos man. They cute as shit and that's on purpose.

Internet is still split, living on the coast means faster internet but you have data caps, living in the middle means slower internet but unlimited.

False.

False.

It's only at&t and Comcast that do data caps. If you go for a more local company they don't. I've got metro net in my area and I get gigabit with no caps. It's $70 a month, was $50 at intro rate.

I've got friends in different states that use a local service and it's similar for them too.

That post is adorable

Since Google will be forcefully disbanded by the US government soon, what does it matter?

200mbps american here, your argument is shit

Ignorance. I've lived in Dallas, LA, and Phoenix over the past five years and every single internet service available to me had a 1 tb data limit a month. This alone will kill Stadia. Not speed. As soon as people start going over their monthly allotment and get a 50 dollar surcharge on their account they'll never go back to it again.

I don't speak for everyone, just that data caps aren't as common as it was implied. I've never had caps where I've lived, at least. Plus, 4G and 5G unlimited is wherever they exist, so there's always going to be that availability.

It's hilarious how bad our internet is. So no probably not

>paying money forever so you can never own something you pay for
Is this...peak jew?

You don't need to subscribe to the service

why are companies so lazy to build the optical infrastructure everywhere? is it mainly about money? not worth the investment?

4g speeds aren't fast enough for stadia. 5g causes cancer

I think it probably takes a lot of money, and ISPs are in legal hell with where that can and can't operate
Net neutrality's idea was to make the usage of internet sort of like a public utility, except the payment plans and districts have nothing at all in common with other utilities. If you set them up like power companies instead of like cable TV companies then there might be less of a demand for better service.

I have Comcasts middle tier Internet that costs $92.95 a month. The speed is fine, I torrent 24/7 and even huge 80gb games are done fast, but I have constant dropouts. You cant really play anything online when your internet shits out for 5 second stretches constantly.

4G is a mess because LTE is so variable. 4G modems are capable of supporting Stadia, it's just that the cell company may or may not provide it.
5G causing cancer is a stupid meme. The bottom line is that a lot of "5G" tech is 4G stuff under the hood, and doesn't perform too differently. Ergo, it also wouldn't cause cancer any more than what we have already. As for true 5G, it barely exists at all. 5G modems are never stressed to the level they are designed for; that will take a while.
>Comcast
>$92.95
You fucked up

This sounds like a Microsoft post in 1998 and a Sony post in 1993.

Pajeet here, 4g unlimited is stupidly cheap here. Sadly, latency in pooland is gonna be off the charts. So nope, I'll stick to the usuals-steam sales, gog and bittorrent

India's 4G is more similar to 3G than good LTE

yes