Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: image[1].jpg (240x240, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG7IiIBwuA4
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/>$57,138 budget/
thegamesmachine.it/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-recensione/
youtube.com/watch?v=BC-iNJU81a0
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=-6QmEFq9baU
nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight/mods/1
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was ew3tvvvvvvvv

it had the most SOUL out of any game I played this year

The pc version is glitched. Don't buy it until patched.

I'm 12 hours into the pirated version and I've yet to run into any problems. The fuck are you on about?

I don't play anime games.

the game knows its place and wouldn't dare to glitch out in the presence of a pirate chad

You can't even change the default resolution.

hollow knight was better

Very good Bloodkino

Please stop this false flagging. HK is my favorite game and it’s completely different from Bloodstained. They seek to accomplish different things and they both do what they need to do spectacularly

The absolute autistic amount of weapon variety and customization is fucking amazing.

But it has to be said, the overall tone, level design, and story of the second half brought it down for me.

yeah but HK is better

It's passable. A million times better than Hollow Knight, because the levels weren't designed by a gibbering ape.

Not half as good as pretty much all of the older games.

Yes, i was lucky enough to play 30 hours in the PC version without glitches.

SHITSTAINED

Risk of Rain is better than HK.

Shovel Knight is better than HK and I haven't played it.

Hollow Knight is trash and only aims to please the millennials and söyböys.

Both games are literally on the polar opposite sides of Metroidvania spectrum, numbnuts.

risk of rain isnt
shovel knight spectre knight is better

>metroidvania spectrum
quick rundown?

Earthbound is better than Shovel Knight

Metroid Prime is better than Earthbound

FF9 is better than Metroid Prime

MGS3 is better than FF9

BoTW is better than MGS3

RE4 is better than BoTW

Shovel Knight is better than BoTW

you are wrong and hkfags are the most cancerous fanbase since soulsfags

not an argument

The king is RE4

Attached: 1559752411510.jpg (631x950, 163K)

Ya got your metroids and ya got your vanias. Some might want to focus on exploring a vast environment and picking up set upgrades like Super Metroid and Hollow Knight. Then you have your RPG or “Igavanias” which are more about becoming progressively stronger and having freedom and options in the way to tackle exploration. They focus more on RPG elements than the world itself.

indeed

>"t-that's n-no a-a-argument!!1!1!"
t. söyböy

Attached: omg.png (1154x1062, 819K)

Give this man Yea Forums gold. The Master Baiter here.

>SNOY ONIONS BOOMER LE ZOOMER I AM ZOOMIE CRINGE CRINGE BASED

Unironically agreed.
Bloodstained is good for what it is, a love letter to igavanias, but HK is a literal masterpiece.

Okay tards. These past few days there's been nonstop falseflagging and baiting around Bloodstained and Hollow Knight. Since we're already talking about those two games then let's use this opportunity to finally take back the original meaning of the word metroidvania. So let's get this straight:

Bloodstained IS a Metroidvania.
Hollow Knight IS NOT a Metroidvania.

Symphony of the Night is the original game that birthed that autistic fucking term in the first place so let's use that as a baseline. What the fuck is SotN's main difference from Super Metroid? An expansive RPG system specifically revolving around a wide breadth of customization when it comes to both weapons, spells, and all manners of other mechanics, an idea expanded upon by Iga in every future Castlevania with it's most autistic iteration yet in Bloodstained. Metroidvanias then predominantly referred to the games released during that era with the word Classicvania referring to the original linear Castlevania experiences.

Hollow Knight is limited to one weapon, a few spells, and charms that slightly augment your playstyle but at the end of the day it always revolves around your one simple weapon. All it's other characteristics from extremely non-linear level design, standard power-up gating, exploration-focused gameplay and all that shit hearkens back to the philosophies Super Metroid and to some extent Zelda popularized. So what's a Metroidvania that has all Metroid but no vania? A Metroid-like. Most "Metroidvania" games that come out in this day and age are all fucking Metroid-likes. Hollow Knight in particular is a combat-heavy Metroid-like. Nothing more; nothing less.

To see the difference between a Metroidvania and a Metroid-like, you only need to see the differences between Bloodstained and Hollow Knight. Possibly the most quintessential examples of their respective genres.

tl;dr FUCK LANGUAGE, FUCK MEANINGS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FUCK TRANNIES

yikes

based semanticschad

Not him. But we all enjoy videogames here, why do we try to hurt each other? I mean I shitpost too, i just want to understand why.

thanks for this, actually
but HK is better tho

Holy seethe!

Attached: söyböy.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

What do we call games that pretend to be metroidvanias but are actually copying cave story?

I always hope that games like these aren't just one-offs
I'll be picking this up when I get paid and hopefully it's better than hollow knight, which I got bored of after they repeated the same boss fight again but with ghosts everywhere

>that final boss
What the shit man, I beat it but jesus christ

no the real question is is this shit worth 40$?

>proceeds to want an argument to why HK is better
>when someone does prove a point
>"N-N-NOT AN A-ARGUMENT!!"
Here's a (You)

The RPG and crafting elements are dragging this game down for me. They force the pace to slow down.

What boss fight are you even talking about? The only boss that’s repeated in that game is the optional hard mode versions of the main bosses

speak english

>Stuck on Zangetsu 2
From peoples complaining about the bosses, I was under the impression that the game was gonna lie down and let me walk all over it like in sotn.
Man I'm so tired, all the human bosses are such bullshit. All the non-humans are basically push-overs.

Have sex

the second half is really easy if you just invert

nigga just use the fucking backstep button

it exists for a reason

It has triple the content and replayability that HK does so I'd say it's a steal.

Bitch, you don't think I am?

Literally no challenge. Righting is horrible. Final secret is a bullshit backer room. Sound design is great. Combat is fun. Loads of stuff to grind, craft, find.

7/10 please make another

>just use the fucking backstep button
>it exists for a reason
isn't it just to cancel attack animation recoveries.

Attached: rapid fire.webm (900x500, 2.99M)

Kek this game is broken.

Somebody should update the old and trusty Metroidvania chart. Where do you think Bloodstained would fit in this picture, anons?

Attached: di9kgdtovza21.jpg (2000x8200, 3.35M)

Iga's made it clear he wants this to be a full series for years now. A major goal of the project was establishing assets and things that could be reused for other games later on down the line.

Hell he's already thrown a bone to the Classicvania fanbase too and managed to snag a small scale retail release for that one.

Attached: LimitedRun.jpg (301x558, 55K)

gitgud.exe

Attached: mmmm.png (625x561, 180K)

Close, now learn spacing

trash

you're clearly not using it enough if you're genuinely having trouble with the humanoid bosses in the game

>Righting is horrible.
>Righting

Attached: 1561300633421.png (707x678, 457K)

>get final gun
>stack 2 silver rings + gun hat + diamond bullets
>everything melts in 5 secs
>on hard even
those medals mean nothing

>not using Rhava Velar with STR build + Shield Wolf
user...

youtube.com/watch?v=lG7IiIBwuA4

Go get shuriken and upgrade it

Or that, sure. Plenty of ways to break this game, the point of the post was that these medals don't matter.

my point was these bosses are piss easy if you just melt their faces off instead of playing the backdash pecking game

Then play HK

And yet he can't beat Zangetsu even taking damage

1st time for everyone. When did you get these medals? Can you post proofs of you getting these on your 1st playthrough?

What's specifically wrong with it?

But I've played it twice already!

I'm not that user, but I didn't have much problem against the second Zangetsu fight, took a few hits but he died against the backers portrait barrier while I was hitting him with a sword.

Switch version is ass and look like a mobile game, I'm almost an hour and just beaten the second boss, and have had three crashes. Switch version isn't kino

thats not me youre asking but no, i didnt know they were a thing on the first playthrough. i beat the game within 24hrs of release and then read up about what i missed after getting 99.70% and going insane finally. im a crissagraemfag and when i got the weak version of the rhava i stuck with it until it got mega weak, sidelined it for the orchid, then when i got the velar upgrade it became main again. well, until i crafted Eternal Blue that is.

leveling to 99 now, farming Orchaliums i fucking love this game

Attached: sts.png (555x686, 249K)

Then why are you even in this reply chain? This is about some retard flaunting medals to prove his epeen while in reality, he just abused the game to get them until proven otherwise.

must EVERY DISCUSSION about this game somehow be infected by hollow knight faggots?
this isnt even a discussion about what's better, its just shit flinging everywhere

Attached: 1529378134679.gif (500x281, 985K)

sounds like youre mad user

Attached: 1551074046095.png (459x604, 543K)

Why does the switch version look so bad it's not even a good looking game?

sounds like you're a scrub who didnt actually git gud user

No but it was nice.

It's false-flagging constantly made because idiots take the bait

i got a medal and some salt from a Yea Forums roastie. id say i made out in this exchange

i is't false flagging though you underestimate the hk community that game literally only gets threas claiming it's perfect and ANY criticism is met with either "le git gud" or the claim that you're baiting

this shit fits right into that picture

medals with crutches dont mean anything, keep deluding yourself though

it isn't*

no, sorry I'm actually good a video games lol

Wasn't there supposed to be a Day 1 performance patch?

Attached: 1561367735200.gif (379x387, 229K)

>crutches

Attached: 15436567511.jpg (225x224, 11K)

>it isn't
It is and you're one of the idiots taking the bait. I bet now you're convinced anyone who likes Hollow Knight shits on every Metroidvania.

Well, but when we compare Environmental Station Alpha (superior game) with HK, we will see that ESA is a metroid-like, and HK is a Igavania.

>I bet now you're convinced anyone who likes Hollow Knight shits on every Metroidvania.
that's literally what's been happening since that game released yes and that doesn't have anything to do with bloodstained

i dont understand it either. its like, you like a style of game, someone becomes inspired by it and makes a game like it, you play it and like it because you enjoyed the similarities, then the creator of the game style you like makes a new game, and then they come over and shit on that game because ... reasons?

I wish Whips, Spears and Boots had more Techniques.

It's good but it lacks that polish in it's presentation that Castlevania used to have. A lot of the models and animations look kinda jank, title screen and intro animations look cheap and in general it's just lacking that Castlevania touch. Music and gameplay are top notch though.

because the majority of the people that vehemently praise and defend hk probably are zoomers too young to even know who iga and yoshio are

i don't even think HK is bad it's jut not good in my opinion but i literally had a conversation just yesterday with a guy that kept claiming i was baiting because he couldn't comprehend someone might dislike the game

I wish everything had cool magic techniques like swords.

Hell I wish for more magic techniques in general but I guess that's what shards are for. I just wanted something that made use of the weapon + magic resulting in cool stuff happening.

They really are. I enjoyed the game, but holy fuck, it's not the second coming.

>Castlevania used to have
You mean just SotN. Everything after it was 80% reused and the backgrounds for a lot of stuff was stock photos made into textures.

why is the end so depressing
the whole time i expected some magic contrivance to happen and fix gebel and get zangetsu back, maybe even alfred too, but no. everyone from the OG crew except miriam's fuckin toast.
feels bad

Attached: images.jpg (255x197, 5K)

Any community of a game will vehemently defend it. You’re extremely deluded if you can’t tell that HK is only being brought up by false-flagging trolls in these threads. It’s also amazing that you’ve somehow deduced the “majority” of the people who like the game are ignorant zoomers. Just be happy that we can live in a day and age when multiple excellent games of a formerly neglected genre can be made yearly.

Where can I get the imbrued fang and 5 Rhava blades to craft the valmanway sword?

Stop saying kino

Nice spoilers fag.

>and get zangetsu back
calling sequel bait on that one, others are rip

Zangetsu is still alive

Hollow Knight bored me to death.

>imbrued fang
slot machine side boss on millionaire door
>Rhava blades
killer barbers

Yeah

An Earthbound fan would do the same. A Deus Ex fan would do the same. A Chrono Trigger fan would do the same. People who love a game will be astonished if you personally aren’t a fan. People are autistic like that. But stop acting like HK in particular has some sort of raging autistic zoomer cult behind it just because you don’t like the game.

Equip the Eye of Horus at the final battle.

So I Just got to the gebel fight but I've read about how defeating him triggers game over. Where should I go instead ?

>Thought castlevania was dead forever
>Konami has forsaken us
>Buy this, plan to return it when disappointed
>stay up until 6 am playing
>MFW having actual fun

Attached: ogiaag.png (259x249, 7K)

explore
exhaust every other possibility

honestly the game is excellent but wtf the ending like you said ,zangetsu gebel, alfred all dead , this is the darkest metroidvania ending

>teleports behind you and stops time
YAMERO ALUCARD-SAMA

Attached: 2842B0A5-0B93-4EE7-A4D3-826D8CC6478C.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

>Any community of a game will vehemently defend it.
not like this though the measure with which communities are able to tolerate criticism and dissent varies wildly and HK and dark souls jump out as two particular communities unable to handle any of that
>i'm extremely deluded to think a community of abrasive shitposters that i've already seen ruin multiple bloodstained threads in the last couple days and also other vidya discussions in the months before might just be shitposting again
ah yes right it must all be some dedicated effort to make hkfags look bad amirite, quick tip there's no need for that
>It’s also amazing that you’ve somehow deduced the “majority” of the people who like the game are ignorant zoomers
yeah because hk isn't that good and the both sotn and sm are better, the logical conclusion is they haven't played those
>Just be happy that we can live in a day and age when multiple excellent games of a formerly neglected genre can be made yearly.
sure yeah it's good that we're getting more metroidvanias though few are excellent really

On another topic, i was actually slightly disappointed that CotM was not an actual 'prequel' and more of an alternate universe sort of adventure
i looked forward to beast zangetsu maybe returning, but hey. This is good too

>An Earthbound fan would do the same. A Deus Ex fan would do the same. A Chrono Trigger fan would do the same.
literally never happens on Yea Forums

>Yfw Bloodstained 2 is a Lament of Innocence/Curse of Darkness style game...

>With actually interesting level design.

Could it happen?

Attached: Trevor45342.PNG.png (271x400, 205K)

Yeah, I've "backdashed" forward more times than I can count.

Just don't feed blatant shitposters and everything will be fine you autist.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/>$57,138 budget/

is there even any way to dodge that move? its absolute bullshit

If actual sales are alright anything is possible. It could be a solid start to a franchise.

>muh bloodstained
but that's not what i said though was it, this shit has been around way before then and this is just a symptom of the mentality in the HK fanbse on Yea Forums

It's just the usual case of "14 yo spic can't into computers and blames the game/torrent", it's fine.

I hope that he's not actually dead and instead gets turned into that monster form due to sinking into darkness. No body no death and it would make for good sequel bait to have him be antagonistic again.

Dominique's art is so hot. Too bad she looks so derpy with the in-game 3D models.

Sometimes I can teleport during it and others times I can to position myself in the least damage spot possible. Also just luckier RNG if you’re in the corners. Dimensional shift is huge in the whole fight it feels like, I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten him to his final phase because he’s transforming to the dog/bat in it but I just needed to take a break before I got too pissed at it.

Attached: D86642F9-731E-4180-B5D4-6C4B09DDB5E0.png (900x900, 1.91M)

>I'll just stand on the ceiling
>he can't reach me up here
>TOKI WO TOMARE
>oh shit
Don't dodge it; block it.

Attached: jjfrnrneab_o.jpg (1599x1156, 594K)

What you mean back in late 2017 to mid 2018 when it had endless "LOLOL HK IS BEST GAME OF ALL TIME XDDDD" bait threads? Yeah nah. That shit was fucking horrible.

Literally every day, every other hour, a thread like that would pop up.

>bait threads?
haha yeah threads full of nothing but blind praise and no one taking the "bait" sure were bait now right? haha

aight user have a nice day im done arguing just tell me im a huge faggot so we can just move on

You might be the most raging autist on this entire site

I think you're a huge faggot for feeding the bait on all sides. You do realize that HK posts only picked up massive steam in Bloodstained threads when the TORtanic fags couldn't say that the game was a massive flop anymore right? There was a steep downwards trend in saying that it was another MN9 and shifted towards saying HK is better instead.

Look. I like both games and it makes me incredibly pissed that I can't mention those two names in the same post anymore without inciting heavy shitflinging because the trolls won.

>The pc version is glitched. Don't buy it until patched.
I have the PC version, beat it three times over and haven't had any issue.

Bloodstained is good.
Shovel Knight is good.
Hollow Knight is good.
Fight me.

I'm at the Glacial Tomb right now on my first playthrough right before a boss fight. I'm at about 95% map completion. So far:

1/Way too easy. There are just way too many ways to break the difficulty of the game, even moreso than Aria of Sorrow. Maybe the game will kick my ass on Hard and Nightmare, but on Normal it's the easiest Igavania in the series.
2/Money accumulation is too slow. I know that you can easily grind a shit ton of money at the end game, but at that point money doesn't matter anymore. There should be better ways to get money quickly in the early game so that you can better make use of the 8-bit weapons.
3/Takes too much grinding to master each technique and level up each shard to its maximum power.
4/The way Dominique and Johannes are in separate rooms means that crafting and upgrading is a pain in the ass. Want to make a dish that requires milk but don't have milk? You have to go from Johannes's room to the connecting room to Dominique's room and buy the milk, then go back to Johannes to craft the dish. They should be in the same room.
5/Engine is hideous. The designs of the characters and bosses are gorgeous, but the engine makes them look so ugly. Pic related. When a good artist draws the characters, they look stunning. But in-game they look terrible, particularly Dominique, who is supposed to be very hot but looks derpy in game.
6/Underwater movement is terrible.
7/Soundtrack isn't as good as Portrait of Ruin or Symphony of the Night. It's not bad. But it's not Yamane's best either.

Everything else is great. I fucking love that there were more command normals (like quarter circle forward and attack motions) added to the combat. The pacing and sense of progression is perfect. No level felt too long or too short. The feel of the combat is nice and snappy.

A 7.5/10 so far. Maybe the last 5% of the map will blow my mind away and make the game go 8/10. And if Hard/Nightmare are properly challenging, this can be a 9/10 game.

Attached: 1561413956806.jpg (1000x1338, 458K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP LIKING THEM ALL YOU MUST BE A SHITPOSTER

>Money accumulation is too slow. I know that you can easily grind a shit ton of money at the end game
>at the end game
objectively false

>Was it kino?
Definitely not. The game itself was pretty good and that's what matters, but there's no memorable moments or epic stuff if I'm understanding the word "kino" properly.

In fact let's be completely honest here: the whole story was half SotN-derivative fanwank spiced with half-assed backer content that even indie games with lower budget manage to implement less obnoxiously, and the other half cringe theater with melodramatic characters so shallow they would've been better off eschewing the whole plot entirely. The final level has no thematic connection to anything that's actually going on and the latter parts of the game in general are clearly rushed. Main villain in particular was horrendously bland with flimsy motivations, the actual final boss that gets summoned at the end was also a literal who.

Even CotM had more soul than this shit despite it being derivative as well, since the curse also worked as an element integrating story into gameplay. Better ending branching and more memorable moments in general.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

God, the art style and designs in this game are so fuckin good HNNN

>money accumulation is too slow
>he is unaware
You’ve got more shit to unlock and find

Attached: 72335704-FCC7-44A7-A579-3F1374FDE89E.png (645x729, 62K)

>Look. I like both games and it makes me incredibly pissed that I can't mention those two names in the same post anymore without inciting heavy shitflinging because the trolls won.
you can totally fucking do that though idk what the fuck you're talking about no one ITT ever said you can't like both or discuss both

castlekino

>1/Way too easy. There are just way too many ways to break the difficulty of the game, even moreso than Aria of Sorrow. Maybe the game will kick my ass on Hard and Nightmare, but on Normal it's the easiest Igavania in the series.
Agreed, but a clean slate Hard is actually challenging as you presume.
>2/Money accumulation is too slow. I know that you can easily grind a shit ton of money at the end game, but at that point money doesn't matter anymore. There should be better ways to get money quickly in the early game so that you can better make use of the 8-bit weapons.
I disagree. Money is just about right if you take time to learn dismantling.
>3/Takes too much grinding to master each technique and level up each shard to its maximum power.
Agreed, but it's mostly for the people who want to learn the more technical stuff.
>4/The way Dominique and Johannes are in separate rooms means that crafting and upgrading is a pain in the ass. Want to make a dish that requires milk but don't have milk? You have to go from Johannes's room to the connecting room to Dominique's room and buy the milk, then go back to Johannes to craft the dish. They should be in the same room.
I never reflected on it since I have a pretty good memory. But I can see it as an annoyance.
>5/Engine is hideous. The designs of the characters and bosses are gorgeous, but the engine makes them look so ugly. Pic related. When a good artist draws the characters, they look stunning. But in-game they look terrible, particularly Dominique, who is supposed to be very hot but looks derpy in game.
Subjective, but I disagree. They wanted to make a 3D game, and they emulated the art in their images fairly well into 3D.
>6/Underwater movement is terrible.
This. So fucking much this.
>7/Soundtrack isn't as good as Portrait of Ruin or Symphony of the Night. It's not bad. But it's not Yamane's best either.
No comment.

The last third of the game was total fucking dogshit.

>on Normal it's the easiest Igavania in the series.
No, that's still HoD.

I know, right? It's lovely. Too bad the 3D renders does a terrible job of making them look good. If Iga makes Bloodstained 2, he needs to stick to HD sprites.

Bloodstained is better then Great tier but I think putting it in God tier is too much aswell.

Bloodstained is amazing

Shovelknight is trash, nothing is good about it, even the OST is the worst ost done by Kaufman, it still puzzles me how this game is so popular, terrible level design, bad bosses, and just an overall average boring game.

Hollow Knight, shit pacing leads to shit repetitive level design, everything that doesn't have to do with gameplay is epic, too bad game is boring.

Not really, I don't think anyone cared about the story so I wouldn't call it kino. It's still a good game though

There is a cheat to start on hard, you should of used it, it's much more fun on hard.

I barely remember the story in Bloodstained and the final boss was a massive meme.

>A burning disappointment, this Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. A metroidvania all too anchored in the past that does not really add anything new to the genre that Koji Igarashi himself has helped to make bloom. Not to mention the many problems that affect not only the technical and artistic sector, but also the purely playful one, particularly with reference to the combat system. A lot more could be expected from Igarashi-san, especially considering the enormous success achieved in the crowdfunding campaign.

Cons:
>vulgar plagiarism.
>Hitboxes
>Polygonal models and horrible animations.
>Many small bugs.

thegamesmachine.it/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-recensione/

Does it suffer the same fatal flaws the sotn had? Like the game becomes way too fucking easy when you get items.

>Dawn and Aria on god tier

Portrait of Ruin is the best portable Igavania game. The only thing bad about it is the character portrait artstyle. It has:
1. The most content
2. The best boss roster (that mixes in the best of Dawn without any of the shit ones)
3. The most replayability (main duo, sisters, Rondo duo, axe knight)
4. The best soundtrack
5. The best maps and level design
6. The second best challenge after Order of Ecclessia. The game on Hard/LV1 is genuinely nuts

Dawn and Aria belong underneath Portrait. Don't know about Hollow Knight since I never played it. But everyone tends to treat it like the second coming of Christ, so I have a hunch it doesn't belong there as well.

Attached: 1561414047258.png (551x491, 261K)

>shovel knight
>terrible level design
If you honestly think this, I can see why you prefer Bloodstained despite me enjoying it quite a lot. I don't think you know what level design means or what can make a level design good.

>Hollow Knight
>shit pacing leads to shit repetitive level design
Once again here. Bloodstained is fun as fuck. But level design isn't its forte.

But continue contradicting yourself.

>vulgar plagiarism
I don't get it. Iga made the Igavanias too, so what's the issue?

Not as bad as SotN in that aspect but still gets way easier in endgame if you crafted stuff.
You should definitely play it in Hard difficulty instead of normal.

I beat it yesterday, no problems whatsoever. Though I heard the console versions are glitched and have performance issues.

>the actual final boss that gets summoned at the end was also a literal who.
Y-you've never heard of Bael before?...

Attached: 180px-Bael.jpg (180x199, 14K)

Bloodstained goes into God tier considering it's just an upgraded Dawn of Sorrow.

Achieved a perfect victory on Hard difficulty, key to defeating Zangetsu was ranking Flame Cannon to seven and just blast him, took two shots to kill his phase two and he didn't get a single attack in the second phase.

Attached: 20190625103008_1.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

I think he meant in context to the game.

It was.

I have 100% map completion, but only 5/8 shortcut slots, where the fuck are the rest?

Attached: 3jL8bHG9D3Y.jpg (322x308, 38K)

Is it true that you can't level up shards on Nightmare? If so, I can't imagine how hard some of these bosses will be to no damage on Nightmare difficulty.

He gets name dropped throughout.

Bael was mentioned throughout the game lmao

>but a clean slate Hard is actually challenging as you presume
Problem is that the only hard part about Hard difficulty is the beginning, especially the first boss who gets a new attack that hits the entire arena and is undodgeable apart from hiding behind enemies that attack you, which is as clunky as one would expect. Complete hell. After that you get access to merchants etc. and is easily breakable like on Normal, I mean even if you don't farm for stuff or know the most overpowered shit beforehand there's nothing stopping you from hoarding healing items and powerful ammo, then proceeding to walk over bosses.

t. my first blind playthrough was on Hard

Hollow Knight's bosses easily shit all over Bloodstained's with maybe a handful of expections, not to mention balance wise it's much more mechanically sound and there's no strats or items that amount to a "boss skip"-button. I think level design is a valid complaint though, the game has a wonky difficulty curve in both combat and platforming where only the endgame / optional content is actually challenging and really require you to master the mechanics where beginning-mid can become sort of a blut.

Bloodstained has more fun loot than HK, which also means plenty of new moves throughout the game, but balance is all over the fucking place. Though I guess it's sort of fun to become overpowered as shit.

Guys, how to make mods? I want to swap some music but there isn't any tutorial on how to do this, despite the fact that there already are mods available.

Attached: 1455661567636.png (500x377, 192K)

Rather than finding powerful items, this game's difficulty drops massively when you collect stronger spells. The holy beam spell is absolutely broken and extremely easy to level to max. It will trash everything including the final boss easily.

i dont have them either, maybe the boss rush mode rewards?

Dropping names doesn't mean we know who it is. The game could very well just mention the pope's name too and I'll have no idea who it is.

You get them in NG+, same goes if you wanna get knight familiar maxed out

>Orchaliums
do yuo are have stupid

NG+, only 3 in each playthrough.

>not to mention balance wise it's much more mechanically sound and there's no strats or items that amount to a "boss skip"-button
I almost wanted to agree with you but HK has the face tank quickslash build which pretty much trivializes every boss in the game that aren't the autistic tryhard ones in lategame.

Not to mention the spell build and minion cheese build exists as well but players are less likely to try them out.

I'm disappointed the HP and MP bottles doesn't do anything in NG+.

They literally say he is the King of the Demons and the most powerful of all them. The in game books mention him too iirc, being the goal to summon him in the backstory. Did you talk to any of the NPCs at all?

I suppose, but the 72 demons (some of which in the game are literally JUST regular enemies), not much of them get that much development at all or very much presence, the game will always just refer to them as "the demons" and the only one that has some vague motivation and any sort of plot significance was Gremory. Essentially what I'm getting at here is Dominique is actually the big bad here, Bael is just a tool to be used by Dominique and fits the reoccurring theme of demons from the Ars Goetia in the setting. Also Bael is such a famous demon who really needs no introduction in anything he appears in.

Attached: BaelSMT.jpg (1796x2056, 731K)

I'd be ecstatic if that happend. LoI/CoD were great, and pretty fucking underrated because of muh 3d.

>Beat game on normal
>Find out you can enter a code to start on hard
Naw, games that lock difficulties are shit. It's not total shit, since it was still alright to play, but normal was a joke. Maybe I'll eventually replay the game, but I usually only play through games once, which is why I like to always start on the hardest difficult available. Locking that shit behind NG+ or a code you have to look up is the dumbest thing ever, and devs who do it should be shamed out of existence.

WHY DOES THE RHAVA BURAL EXIST?

>Did you talk to any of the NPCs at all?
I'm not the original guy.

>5/Engine is hideous
The engine is UE4. It can look as good or as bad as the tech artists make it look.

>first time fighting him
>time stops from the very start just as I jump & into the icicles

Attached: ZA WARUDO1.png (500x350, 253K)

What I wonder is; Will they make Bael the new Dracula or will Dominique take the role maybe? I know she died but so did Dracula several times.

oS2671
Bring PoR, ESA, and Rabi-ribi up to God-tier.
Bring AoS down to Great-tier.
Put Cursed Kingdom in Great-tier

There. Perfect list.

Fug.

Wouldn't NG+ be available post-launch?

This is actually pretty true, the 3d meme was pretty deadly in killing interest of both of those games despite the fact that they're both pretty interesting. Doesn't help that every gaming journo seems to regurgitate the 3d meme to no end. I'd love for a remaster of both of these games.

>99% installation
>unarc.dll error

Attached: 1560416523075.jpg (1024x797, 103K)

Thanks fren

Fucking this. I'm not keen on playing on hard again after just getting 100% completion, but I would play on Hard from the start given the chance

You don’t really see her die as much as she’s sealed with Bael in demon world it seems like to me at least

Its available now. Clear the game, go to "start game", highlight your clear game save and the choice to do NG+ is done by pressing L2 or some other shoulder button.

Yes you can

it's already available

so that you can craft the not-crissaegrim

He actually telegraphs the move quite clearly if you pay attention (he does this relatively slow gesture of kinda reaching inside his cloak) and you're completely safe if you're crouching in either of the corners (that is, unless OD is standing there).

So, when he telegraphs the timestop, just use accelerate to rush into a corner and crouch. If you're in the corner and crouching when the timestop starts, you will be unharmed.

After learning the tell, it's actually his easiest move to dodge.

I actually had the fight before even getting dimensional shift and got medal for it, so it's not needed at all.

My standard setup for medalling the bosses was whip + Welcome Company + Dullahammer Head familiar

I wonder who it is that walks in on the right side in the ending.

Attached: 20190625114634_1.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

Retard

Don't know about Nightmare difficulty, from what I have heard it seems like only extremely talented people would be able to achieve it on a clean nightmare run.

They could have a reoccurring villain, but honestly there are some ways Bloodstained could distance itself from Castlevania. The game has a fair bit of Jojo references, maybe they should have a cool distinct villain for each different part? If it ever becomes a bigger series that is.

Zangetsu

>they're both pretty interesting
I'd say they translate the castlevania formula to 3d very well, especially CoD. I also loved the melee system with one button for attacking and one for combo finisher, it's both simple enough and keeps things interesting enough. I would absolutely love a LoI/CoD style castlevania with modern graphics.
Which reminds me, there are many SotN clones from different developers, but I don't remember any LoI/CoD clones. The Lords of Shadow games missed the mark entirely

Bosses don't look fun at all on a clean Nightmare run.

youtube.com/watch?v=BC-iNJU81a0

but he's dead

I heard you can see more if you wear the eye of horus

ohh nice
Can I bump up the difficulty while I'm at it?

I'll check it out.

Is he though? I think we’ll find out a lot more once he is playable

>no magic spam
>can't beat a single difficult boss without spamming directional shield

I wonder if they'll try a steampunk-industrial aesthetic/world since they had a steampunk greatsword and boots

>going to some literal who website just to find someone you can pretend is knowledgeable to shit on the game
Pathetic.

>Use sword whip with fully upgraded clone shard to stunlock you and interrupt every attempt at stopping time

Hard will be unlocked. Or you can just input the Nightmare cheat since doing this choice lets you save on another slot. This includes having the choice to input a different name, therefore, cheats as well. In short, yes.

It's Zangetsu. Since we're getting him as playable character there's a good chance his story will take place same time as main campaign. Turns out Gremory just dragged him to hell or something. Either he gets a new final boss or fights the current ones, in hell this time around after Miriam already beat them, to get out back to the human world.

Yes we are all aware of the 6.5 review now.

It doesn't show anything else. But it might be Zangetsu and what this user says.

Now that iga has gotten all his fan/creator wank outta the way, hopefully the next game can try new stuff.

>in b4 we fought a weaker version

Wait what happens? Doesn't it just zoom out?

I want Bloodless to drain me dry!

Attached: Cumstained.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Are 5 dullaheads objectively the best familiars to summon? Can any of the other familiars even compete?

Wouldn't be surprised. He didn't break a sweat anywhere, even in the Gremory cutscene he was deliberately caught in order to lock her in. If he had the means to do that without being stationary he would've moped the floor with her himself.

He did seem pretty overpowered in the game.

DIIIIE
VRREEEEEEUM

Why the fuck did everybody just die?

Thanks Yea Forums, I just realized how similar those cover arts are.

Attached: file.png (383x210, 161K)

Use not-Death's teleport. It's pretty consistent and you can pre-aim during stopped time.

Whatever the DLC will be, it's going to be the same as True ending of CotM.
In case you forgot, the first playthrough has Zangetsu getting devoured by darkness, and he turns into final boss

I don't expect him to include much that isn't a homage, but I also hope there will be more original stuff in the future.

I never finished Curse of the Moon, but bloodstained makes me want to.

I didn't have my fill of references, user.
I want PLAYABLE HAMMER, GOD DAMMIT

>doing this choice lets you save on another slot.
Which choice? Also you can copy and rename any of your save files at any time

For me, it's Absintheless

In what way? There are a few weird bugs here and there like the console version. The only thing that has jumped out at me as far as a shitty bug is the one area where you open one of the books and it crashes back to Windows sometimes. The game isnt perfect, but it has better stability than other games at launch, like Sonic Mania Plus where I ran into a game breaking bug during the first fucking minute I started when that first came out.

Fuck trying new stuff. Well I mean maybe one new mechanic would be fun but I hope they don't focus on that too much.

The sequel already has a really good system in place that integrates all of the past lessons learned from older igavanias. What they need to work on instead is the actual presentation of the game. Polish everything else and make sure the level design/areas are at least good during the second half of the game.

The choice of starting NG+, it lets you save on a new file so, renaming said file is part of it. This makes it possible to unlock Nightmare on said save file with all your NG+ items/food buffs etc.

He wants to continue with Bloodstained as a series, so chances are we're getting a whole new line of Castlevania like games.

Can't you just rename your existing file to NIGHTMARE, or does that not work?

Sure, polishing what's already there takes priority. Wanting to be surprised with something new is just a bonus.

Did it strike anyone else as odd that the B button never got anything mapped to it? Just seems kind of wasteful to discard one of your four face buttons like that. I kept expecting to get some ability that would make use of it.

So how do I fight my nigga OD?

How do I fix this?
Other screen modes cause the game to not fit the screen too.

Attached: Untitled.png (1912x1080, 1.19M)

Kinda weird, maybe it'll be used when we get other characters. You can remap anything anyway, I personally swapped R1/R2.

Turn of Borderless.

>CUM STEAL

The sound of some footsteps and a shadow appears on the ground on the right sight of the screen during Miriam and Johannes's conversation in the final scene before the credits. If you can zoom out the camera just a bit, you see that it is Zangetsu.

I dunno. I'm not a faggot so my controller doesn't have a B button

That causes the game to not fit the screen and only show a corner of the total game.

hi newfag

Begone snoycuck, enjoy your bricked save file.

I have no idea what you've done. But borderless full screen sets your resolution to your native one most of the time.

Maybe you should let the big guys speak instead and you go and play with your toddler friends instead.

>No magic spam
>Welcome company and directional shield up the ass

>snoy iq

Only glitch I had was pokerchip man borderline crashing the game during his intro but it recovered.

I don't know either. But here is what it looks like. You can see now only a corner fits the monitor and the resolution option is still the same empty state.

Attached: no borderless.png (1876x1080, 1.3M)

I'm kind of sad that Curse of the Moon isn't some prequel game and is just a quick reuse of all the characters they have for a fun little old school Castlevania romp.

Why is Yea Forums full of normalfags? Imagine playing this game on anything other than nightmare lmao.
Also yes of fucking course you can level up shards. You just don’t gain stats which can be supplemented by food.

Personally I consider the newbies who ‘finished’ this game on anything less than nightmare as not having played the game at all fite me :^)

GOTY so far.

I must be lucky because the only time I encountered a problem was the game crashing during Bathin's fight.

That's weird as fuck. Works fine for me even in Borderless. Did you pirate it? If so, have you tried reinstall it?

Attached: 20190625122301_1.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

English, please

I'm gonna be waiting for a followup of that ending with Zangetsu in Gunvolt's worls looking at the Sumeragi co. building forever, aren't I?

I think what he meant to say was, it is called "Orichalcum".

I guess I can try reinstalling it. I have no idea why this one thing is acting like this.

Computers are mysterious and magical beings.

Damn, didn't know this was a child-safe sub. So sorry.

>same range as gswords
>less damage than gswords
>slower than gswors
what the fuck niche do whips fill if they are just worse great swords?

Did anybody else play it on arcade stick?+ mouse for the occasional right stick shit.

This. You guys are completely right. Bloodstained might be a decent, but Hollow Knight is the superior Metroidvania in every way, shape and form. I can't see anything surpassing it in at least a decade (not counting other Team Cherry games).

They fill the niche of being a dig at Konami. Kinda like how the weapon you get from 'old warhorse' lets you stab things in the back and steal their money

>slower than gswors
That's not true, whip attacks in the air are way faster.

I started playing last night and the tone and story were garbage from the get go
Why use 3d models for the conversations if you aren't going to make them move while talking? It comes across as being rushed as fuck. 2D sprites in pic related's artstyle that changed based on what was being said would have been kino but no they had to zoom in on models that look garbage up close.
I love everything else about the game but holy shit the conversations trigger me

Attached: Header.jpg (1500x844, 251K)

If there is a sequel, will Anne become an ally or antagonist since she is quite close to Dominique?

No........it was Keanu

imagine eating Japanese man's literal shit and calling others soiboys

That's breathtaking.

Spot on.

we two are on opposite sides of a spectrum alright.

She's the next protag.

>being this clueless

>slower than gswords
They're faster already, and they become WAY faster with canceling compared to GS.

>Make a 3D game, people bash it for not stay true to original
>make a 2D game, people bash it for not have the current gen graphic or just pixelshit
Well, we can't satisfy everyone can we.

>Evil shardbinder loli tring to ressurect shardbinder mommy nun
Welp, didn't know I needed that until my dick told me so.

Too reliant on right stick and shoulder buttons, doesn't look like a good idea

Got 0 glitches here senpai

Attached: 1231293812321.png (560x216, 107K)

>slower than greatswords
Nigger please. Whips are more agile in the air, and unlike GS, you can land cancel with them for that three hit combo.
Though I would prefer if the attack hitbox extended closer to Miriam

>Why use 3d models for the conversations if you aren't going to make them move while talking? It comes across as being rushed as fuck. 2D sprites in pic related's artstyle that changed based on what was being said would have been kino but no they had to zoom in on models that look garbage up close.
I actually talked about the exact same thing with my bro just an hour ago. The official art clearly shows they can do it well so it boggles the mind that they decided to use the shoddy 3D models for conversations instead. The only benefit I can see in current implementation is that it allows showing player-customized Miriam up-close.

>satisfy everyone
The real reason is that 3D is infinitely cheaper than sprite work.

>She gives you this look while she sucks your "blood"

Attached: 2414214214.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

Shoulder buttons aren't hard to remap. The only dealbreaker is if you use a lot of directional abilities. I used greatsword + flail and didn't really have any issues.

Well reinstalling didn't fix the problem.

I'm stuck at 99,8% map and cant find what I'm missing, I even checked some complete maps but dont find anything new. Could it be a bug?

I have no idea what the issue is then.

Should I buy this game now or wait for it to go on sale? Also, does the MC have any cute outfits I can unlock?

Attached: 68812322_p0.png (600x840, 331K)

post map

I mean, they can be original and use 3D models, the idea is fine and all. But the execution is godawful and could have very easily been done better. Johannes is one of the very first characters you talk to and his model looks like dogshit, Models not moving anything but their mouths is also terrible.

Depends on how much you want to play it. I would wait for a sale.

Some animations are janky but its absolutely a castlevania in all but name, and a good game. Only terrible part was Den of Behemoths because it was tedious to navigate.

I expected typical Metroidvania style ability to equip two weapons at once in the two weapon slots. Instead the second slot is just exclusively for gun ammo.

I'd say it is worth the price, but if you're unsure, just wait for a sale.

Curse of Darkness was the shit and it's criminally underrated. It's the most faithul translation of the SotN formula to 3d, it has huge weapon variety, decent equipment variety, crafting, a nice familiar system, decent enough maps, a nice combat system which is both simple and has variety, and is overall fucking good and satisfying to play. Also great music. Honestly, if you like igavania games and haven't played this one because "lul 3d", you should.
The only low point are the somewhat bland PS2 graphics, which won't be a problem if a game in that style was made today. I would absolutely love it.

Attached: 1496861319598.jpg (427x427, 21K)

>The only dealbreaker is if you use a lot of directional abilities.
Which you should

>I'm kind of sad that Curse of the Moon isn't some prequel game and is just a quick reuse of all the characters they have for a fun little old school Castlevania romp.
Yeah, they could've at least done something with it. It's weird they reused Zangetsu's goal for Gremory but didn't elaborate on it or his curse in any sort of way whatsoever. One can hope for something in the eventual DLC, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I have a weakness for games where you can become this broken

Attached: cheapslut.webm (900x500, 2.83M)

How long did it take you to realize you're supposed to duck the blades Carpenter throws and not try to jump them?

It's GOTY material, and it's pretty cheap already.
You got a couple armors that change your outfit appearance, otherwise you can change hairstyles, dye your hair and clothes, and headgear and most accessories appear on model.
>cute outfits
You can wear a rabbit scarf + a cute fluffy beret with a :3 face on it + striped bunny socks

Never because I used invert and he could never aim straight up

I didn't see any need to but I only played on Normal and that might change on higher difficulties.

>willingly denying yourself an important degree of control
I realize you like your arcade stick but come on

I wish all the kickstarter bosses have their own gauntlet area like the bonus area after beating Portrait of Ruin which I'm sure was taken from another game but I've only played a couple castlevanias so not sure

Gonna head off to Best Buy & grab the gimped Switch version with the steelbook after breakfast & shower. I plan on grabbing the PC version after I’m done with college. On a scale of 1-10 how smooth-brained am I?

The problem with 2D is when you they want to make stuff look like a 16bit game.
When it's done like Sundered it can be way more visually impressive than using any 3D model.

I'm think of buying the Switch version too but I've been looking at videos and the visuals on Switch look watered down. I'm surprised desu. This games seems to be better played portable.

Some people have guessed that Curse of the Moon is what Zangetsu was experiencing between being pulled into hell by Gremory and his just barely offscreen return in the ending sequence.

Attached: bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-review-3-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

I just couldn't get myself to like it because of the large swathes of boring identically-looking rooms. It also had practically nonexistent vertical sections beside a few slopes, but I guess that kind of thing can be expected. The stealing mechanic was pretty neat and it would've been cool to see them do something more with it.

Hollow Knight is an above average game but Bloodstained is a masterpiece. Theres no comparison really.

>but Bloodstained is a masterpiece
Now you're memeing me mate. There are a TON of things I wish Bloodstained did better.

Attached: 99.png (1795x655, 1.31M)

Don't bother, those shitposters just like to stir up shit for easy (you)

no option for miriam barefoot, so no.

and spicy food should make her fart.

Do secret rooms count towards map completion? I'm stuck at 99.80% and I don't know where to fucking go!

Attached: 1537580573255.jpg (728x546, 60K)

Everytime, every single time there's an user who forgot to check that.
Go to the Underground Sorcery Lab, the room with the cat has a breakable wall.

She tried already.
See the cum flowing out of her throat?
All me.
And yet she's still craving for more.

It is. The madman actually did it, I'm still having a blast at 30 hours.
Augment Gold is broken af, rank it up as soon as possible, bros.

post map

Damn, will do
Thanks mate

It's not important if I never needed to use it. If anything the game was already too easy.

Attached: 99.png (1795x655, 1.46M)

>game crashes on opening a book just after getting a cool shard

Attached: [Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 01 [6A9D1E5C].mkv_snapshot_04.21_[2017.01.10_11.23.35].jpg (720x720, 69K)

I'm barely about to start the game.

Have any anons here beaten the game on hard?

Is it a reasonable challenge or is it a pain in the ass?

Attached: question frog.png (231x218, 8K)

is it me or were some of the locations way too nonsensical for a european castle? The Japanese garden, the desert, the fucking lava world.

God why are all the non human/humanoid bosses so garbage?

Thanks, missing that other one too
I must have gone blind

Normal is way too easy.
Hard is easy.
Nightmare is tedious but only at the start.

Normal is way too easy, play it on hard instead.
To unlock Hard and Nightmare type NIGHTMARE in your file name.
Nightmare is the true pain in the ass because you're stuck at level 1 forever.

Does equipping detective Eye twice do anything?

That's only one of the two rooms you are missing.
After you hit some walls in the Lab, take the train back and hit some more walls in the Garden.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't.

might as well play without backstepping

Not really, took me several hours and looking at completed maps so much to get mine as well. Now I know about half of the secret spots that people never went to as a result.

Can't help you then, I don't know if you're missing a hidden room or you forgot to check a common part of the map

I regret playing on normal and I typically hate hard games. It's fine by me that it's hard to die to normal mobs as long as I'm careful but it's a bit dumb that you can bruteforce bosses first try with a few potions or a dish without even trying to learn moves. SotN games were never very hard but some bosses were at least tricky until you tried them a few times. This is just faceroll on Normal.

Nope, it's one of those shards where it doesn't.
There's also a mod on nexusmods that removes the annoying cyan ring

where the fuck is it AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 20190625122121_1.jpg (2560x1440, 695K)

Zangetsu 1 and Bloodless gave me a reasonable challenge on Normal, the rest were too easy

I wouldn't know, I got it and it wouldn't recognise my controller. So I refunded it.

Sale, especially considering there's equivalent or arguably better and similar games for cheaper unless you're really hungry for another SotN. If you haven't played that, play it first to see what the fuzz for this game is about. There's also some bugs and exploits that may be ironed out later on, or not and supposedly plenty of free DLC planned as well so you aren't hurting yourself by waiting for the cheaper and more complete experience.

Unless there's stuff I missed, there's only one completely different outfit (bunnysuit demon transformation that also forces you into kick attacks) whereas other visual customization are recolors for your main outfit or smaller props such as headwear and mufflers. You can also change hair style, skin color and eye color.

Hard is really difficult at the start and the first boss has literally one undodgeable attack that covers the entire screen and can only be avoided by positioning yourself next to summoned mobs that attack you and deal about the same amount of damage. After you unlock merchants and crafting or happen to get your hands on some good random drops you can proceed to completely break the game regardless of difficulty, since nothing really prevents you from abusing consumables and all the crazy item combinations.

I tried Normal a bit and it's ridiculously easy. I'd say Hard's initial bullshit is worth the later parts since you're actually incentivized into using different mechanics and tools to survive.

You're missing a breakable ceiling in the library, in one of the large rooms with moving bookcases

Livre Ex Machina, next to the save room near Hall of Termination

I love Bloodstained too, but both does metroidvania differently. I honestly can't compare the two of them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANKS

Attached: 20190625122709_1.jpg (2560x1440, 867K)

im gonna buy a copy of the ps4 version.

to the immediate right of the save room in the most upper part of the library
there is a breakable wall at the roof

I think I'm stuck

I beat Gremory in the ice place and now I don't know where to go.

I think I might have accidently skipped a conversation.

You got a shard from that fight. USE IT.

Go left from her room and use her teleport shard to pass the walls

You got an ability that goes through walls. Where in that same area could that ability be used?

So, how are you supposed to dodge Zantetsu's dash followed by upwards slash? Backdash isn't enough (especially in second phase). I ended up beating him but still ate each and every one of those,

I really wanna buy it but I have so many games in my backlog. What do, bros?

Attached: ee2.png (428x339, 87K)

I'd say to wait for a sale. I bought it now because I'm an impatient faggot and want to show some support to the devs so there's a bigger chance for another game.
If you're also impatient but don't want to pay "full price", you can pirate it and see if it's worth the money.
Some armors does change her outfit, but mostly you'll be relying on hairstyle changes and dyes to make your Miriam look closer to your preferences.

Oh shit, right.

Thanks, guys

I'm really glad games like these are still made by the old names in the industry. I hope the sales are good and the sequel eventually comes out that evens out the rough parts of this one.
bloodstaied cotm and rotn reminded me of why i still bother with video games

Attached: 3ixfqqskx4b21.png (1000x898, 592K)

So how is it on the Switch? I've been waiting to buy this on either PS4 or Switch depending entirely on the stability and picture on Switch.

Buy it

this.

I heard it looks quite worse on Switch.

It is Zangetsu, someone on leddit posted a video of the ending using an ultrawide mod

Like how worse? Is it hitting 720p docked or some shit?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=-6QmEFq9baU

PC > PS4 > Switch quality wise.
The Switch version runs at 30fps and the textures are blurry as hell but if you really need to play it portable, bite the bullet and get it on Switch

Based.
Corruption of language is as bad as the sexual decadence of trannies.

I understand. I just wanted to know if secret rooms count towards it because if they do, then I might just be missing one or two because I have visited everywhere else that is visible on the map.

What is the fastest/most efficient way to make money? And also to get gold (material)?

Well that makes the decision easy.

Ouch. The insides don't look horrible but the animations, framerate, and outdoors do.
How'd they fuck up this bad?

They do count, if you really need help the fairy familiar can tell you when you're close to a breakable wall and the Detective eye shard makes the breakable walls shiny.

Maybe because the Switch version was never planned in the first place.

They planned a vita version originally, so no, there isn't an excuse

Do people actually think this looks better?
nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight/mods/1

I hate "Just make all the colors REALLY LOUD" mods

I keep hearing about game being glitched on PC from almost everyone, yet I've beaten the unpatched, pirated version yesterday with exactly 0 problems and not a single crash.

Attached: 1487257327891.png (350x425, 98K)

Sounds like a good excuse to me.

What should I use my 8 bit coin to get lads

>grind money + sell stuff to craft 1 gold or use up the one you get in the desert
>50 mercury + 10 dark matter = 1 gold, mercury bought from shop, dark matter crafted then keep crafting or buy from shop
>craft augment gold shard
>equip and go break candles
>lvl up augment gold to max then equip it again to stack with the passive
>wear glasses you get from getting all shards, mp cost 0
>do webm related
I should probably screencap this, too many people ask this question.

Attached: 1561311090971.webm (720x404, 2.72M)

>mod that makes the game look like it was before
why

my eyes hurt

Some cash to get an actually good weapon. Coin weapons are trash.

coin gun is better than the last gun

Too bad that all guns are trash anyway.

Great Tier along with Monster Boy

I'm already able to buy gold from the shop, it's just that they are so god damn expensive. Anyway, will do. Thanks user.

One of them had bland ass hallways repeating non-stop and lots of square rooms. 64 had better level design.

They are, I upgraded the lightsaber sword but the lightning special attack is not scaled and does shit damage. Its crap

>kino

People who use this word when not talking about movies should be adult age aborted.

Fucking thank you.

It IS glitched as fuck, but not "unbeatable" glitched, just "enemies drop items below the floor and I can't get them" glitched.

perfect copypasta

thanks lad

That's the thing though, I've literally not encountered any of this shit during my 16h playthrough.

All the 8-bit weapons are good, pick anything that you like since all of them get stupidly strong in the last upgrade.
Sure mate

Attached: 1246884692.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

>MOST IMPORTANTLY FUCK TRANNIES

I didn't read anything else you posted but it must have been wise and profound and I fully agree.

You can get far better results with an actually good weapon instead when you have stats this high.

Anyone have the switch version? Trying to see how it runs before I buy

It's better than nothing.

>keep losing to the double dragon tower fight
Fug, could I have some tips?

All three of these games are shit and Igavanias are mediocre

Is there an actual downside in the story for farming shards? I want to know if I'll be screwed over for grinding out multiple copies of shards to get my favorites and certain useful ones like Alchemical Bounty up to 9/9.

Attached: 1442129524495.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

No

>9 Dullahan Head shards
Jesus christ this is stupidly good. I'm going to turn it off, it's killing enemies before I even can.

Get that flying sword from the same location and shit all over that boss with it.

Yes. Further proof that cute but capable female protagonist make everything better and we need more of them in current year video games.

Attached: 57776767.webm (900x506, 1.3M)

This, plus Welcome Company allows you to just bodyslam enemies without even using any actual attacks.

Why is castlevania OoE not considered metroidvania? And is it worth playing now?

Attached: DqdapQzWkAA1WWq.png (900x1200, 1.19M)

No, the whole point of the game is farming shards

Nope, diamond bullets make guns the strongest weapon in the game. Without those I can at best get 800 atk with another weapon

Yeah that's what I've been using. I think I just need to dodge better. The double Fire attack can juggle and stun lock me which is where most of the damage comes from.

Just about to start the ps4 version. Should I play it unpatched? I heard there's some sort of an issue when reading books that crashes the game. Does that problem not exist on 1.0?

It doesn't matter when you have weapons that can hit like a trillion times in the time when you shoot a single bullet. Sure, you get a little more flat damage but other weapons deal far more hits in the same time.

No HK is better.

At that point all I can advise you is to just learn the pattern, it's really telegraphed and repetitive once you get the hang of it.

Patch before playing. The bug only happens if you patch over an old save

Get an overpowered shard and wipe the floor with them, and/or learn how to dodge their attacks
Also note that you can't kill them until after they use the attack where they smash their heads together, but you probably won't whittle down their HP that quickly.

Softlocked once during the first playthrough, and found one out-of-bounds (which is basically expected for this genre desu). No crashes.progression issues, or save corruption here. What glitches are you talking about?

Just butthurt from people who dont like that it has several smaller castles instead of a one big one. Its absolutely worth playing now.

Can't believe I never saw that picture. That's just pure style.

They do. The final boss room also adds .10 to it.

Yeah, I probably get greedy and play too offensively.

shitty platformer.

Remember that the flying sword allows you to attack on the go, just keep spamming and focus on dodging.

>what is steam controller configurator
did you pirate it or are you just that stupid?

Okay cool.

By the way, is nightmare mode doable on the first run or should I just go with hard? I enjoy difficulty, but if its clearly intended for ng+ ie. damage sponge enemies and you doing no damage then I'll give that mode a pass for now.

0 dmg
0 dmg
0 dmg
0 FUCKING DMG

Attached: 0dmg.webm (960x540, 942K)

I'd say go with Hard for the first run if you really want challenge that isn't annoying.

That's what drinking milk gets you senpai.

What about this one?

Attached: 0d843d61a5ee16da63add2c3d33738f4.jpg (1029x1600, 771K)

what armor?

At least "Bloodstained" isn't an inherently silly name like "Castlevania"

X-tra Calcium mail
Aegis, it's on top of the right dragon tower, I think

Nice I'll try to emulate it on my 3ds

Attached: 83eaf4fbee38d57d07f4af4b4342775f.jpg (540x720, 172K)

>OoE not considered metroidvania
By whom? That's retarded.
Worth playing, absolutely, it's probably my second favorite after PoR. All DS vanias are great.

OoE is also one of the few igavanias with an actually meaningful difficulty curve

I kinda like the name. "Demon Castle Dracula" just sounds a bit generic.

Yeah I guess I'll go with that.

It has only just occured to me, Bloodstained doesn't have any skeletons. Are those fucking trademarked by konami? Or is it a conscious attept to distance from castlevania? Mortes just don't look as good.

Hard should've been named normal, and normal should've been easy.

China probably?

They probably thought it didn't look fitting with the game's esthetics

Attached: d976ba9.jpg (700x921, 202K)

It's easily my GOTY. I'm the biggest RE and DMC mark I know but if I put DMCV, REmake 2, and Bloodstained back to back I had the most fun playing Bloodstained.

Attached: 2019-06-24_0901_3.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Pleasure doing business

>artwork is breathtaking
>ingame models are iffy
What are the chances they'll hire a better tech art team for BS2?

I kinda wish this thing would hit every time you swung it around. At least I can spam it with the infinite mp glasses now.

Attached: hammer knuckle.webm (800x480, 2.9M)

but it look like shit, most rancid artstyle i've seen in the past ten years

Where the fuck do I track my order

I would agree. I missed the original RE2, so the remake was fun, but not amazing. DMC5 was great, but I missed the gothic aesthetic and puzzles. Sekiro was nice, but a bit too streamlined for a souls game. Bloodstained just pressed all the right buttons for me.

I remember hearing one of the big Chinese investors for the game had skellies pulled. NUMBAH ONE

A Catlevania(clone) should be stylized as fuck. Miriam is thick and cute but the monsters and other NPCs look cartoony and not menacing

If there is a sequel it betters redo the whole artstyle

Levels for the most part look fine, but the character models are meh. Especially the aliasing on the outlines, and the wonky hair/scarf physics.

Not kino, but certainly a good game.

where was the guy who gives you a haircut? can't find him

You can still get the items if you wait for the sack to despawn, but yeah, it's annoying as all hell. They're sure to patch it.

Such low standard is why indie games look like trash

Oh shit I didn't realize it becomes that huge. I gotta use it in my next runs now.

Attached: Jin3.jpg (1280x720, 274K)

from the Dien Cathedral teleporter straight left

you don't even have to wait. just touch the item, then leave the room and you'll auto collect it.

What about a luck build? And how much atk do you have with the infinite ammo hat equipped?

nice, thanks

don't forget the 10% discound card you can buy for 100k

>Travelers hat is currently my best hat
>But the ribbon is so fucking cute
What do I do!?

Attached: wooloo.png (258x260, 96K)

It runs poorly, buy it anyway.

How do i upgrade weapons? I'm serious.

Glitched? How? I just beat Gremory after 16 hours and the game hasn't crashed or had any problems even once.

Maybe its because the food bonuses i have, but you dont need infinite MP to do that, i can do that shit and i dont lose MP at all.

She was perfect, just needs more slutty fun like the bunny outfit. Guess they ran out if time and money.

>caring about optimizing stats in Bloodstained

This game is piss easy as fuck. You don't need optimal gear.

Have you not tried crafting new ones yet?

This but with REmake 2 and DMCV. I'm not even pissed because of "muh Claire and Lady don't look like anime". The RE Engine has got to be the ugliest, muddy looking, poorly optimized engine that isn't being used by fucking Bethesda for 20 years. I wish Capcom would fucking silence the Fox engine for the next RE game because it does all the same things the RE Engine does but better and without taking an unnecessarily large amount of PC Master Race Juice.

>silence
license

Pick ribbon for extra luck

>tfw backer and changed from PS4 to Switch
Having a hard time coping with how fucking terrible this port is
720p/30fps would be a fair compromise for portability but it stutters like crazy, has frequent crashes, is outright missing a lot of effects, has input lag, and the textures actually look like a fucking 3DS game.
I want a fucking exchange or refund, there's no excuse for it to run this bad

Attached: real human bean.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>This game is piss easy as fuck.
People keep saying this.
Sotn was piss easy, upon hitting the inverted castle I didn't die once for the rest of the play though. And I played sotn for the first time a few days ago.
This is a step above, I've died at least once to most bosses, and quite a few times to some of the more challenging bosses.

The only stat you should care about is Luck, so pick ribbon.

Devs can't into optimization anymore.
HK devs had to outsource for switch optimization and that took like a year. Before that it stuttered on my (crappy) PC quite a few times.

>has to drop his health to get stats that high
>one missed attack and you die
gg no thanks

Only the 8-bit coin made weapons can be upgraded with the corresponding higher coins via crafting.

Attached: 1561324833887.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

I fucking hate the quarter circle inputs.
That shit just don't play well with d-pads.

This, work on the lighting and the game'd be the perfect framework
as of now, the only thing the game lacks is polish and perhaps some way for a hard mode where they don't just limit levels

Hahaha!
Wait, you serious?

Are you kidding me? That's like the easiest directional input imaginable, right after doulbe tap

i nuked him and got shard + item drop. wasnt hard enough to cheese, but i did notice he had a bit more health than other enemies though

I don't play fightan games user.
I get the input to work 90% of the time but it feels so damn unsatisfying.

>no stamina bar
yikes

what does the demon necklace actually do?

Attached: 1546128129411.png (812x120, 93K)

Dont blame digtial pads over your own lack of skills user. D-pads should be treasured and respected in the current analog era

Thanks, that's good to know.
There's an official bug/suggestion report form at fs30.formsite.com/505games/bloodstained/index.html
I'm sure the sack bug has already been reported hundreds of time, but if have any other ideas, it might be worth sending them. Iga seems to be receptive to criticism judging by all the "poop graphics" story

I don't know about dpad, but I can do it easily on my keyboard.

Hard should've absolutely been available from the start without the need to input anything

what do i do once I have zangetsuto

Thanks, m8s. I got one 8bit coin for free below the village but didn't buy any weapon because i thought all of them had low ATK. Which level is recommended for 8 bit nightmare? I went level 30 and got my ass handed over to me.

>start ng+
>secret boss keys don't carry to it

Attached: Why.jpg (288x499, 24K)

Disable the "framerate smoothing", after I did it suddenly ran like butter.

dpads are like the easiest shit ever to do them on

It doesn't matter when they let you carry over Accelerator.

I already left a suggestion that yellow shards upgraded to white should have their constant visual effects removed, since it looks like a fucking mess with detective eye + money is power + regen + optimizer + red remembrance always on

Just turn them off then.

new thread my fellow shardbinders

Are you retarded?

>
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

It's less of an lvl issue and more of gear/shards difference. Get yourself some weapon with decent range and preferably some long-lasting AoE damage shard, both with decent damage and you should be golden.

Also you should learn to DODGE!

If you ever played a castlevania game in your life you'd know this was intended

For the dpad, you gotta hold your thumb on down, rock your thumb over so it hits both down and side, and then finally side only. It feels so unnatural.
I wish I could just tap down then side.

Once again. Just turn the buff off then.

>it's broken on purpose!

If you talk to Johannes, they disappear until you use a technique or something similar. There will probably be mods to get rid of those effects

Why do you keep calling it broken?

>if something is bad, just ignore it
That's not how suggestions work.

Posting here doesn't suggest anything. They are also probably effects they want on when the buffs are activated, so your suggestion to them won't do much.

>doesn't suggest anything
There was a link for the official suggestion box higher up the reply chain you donut

How the fuck do I get more luck? I finally got the luck shard, but even using it and wearing the ribbon I'm only at like 35.