Untitled

Attached: steam exclusive.png (1426x752, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DWap7pS7XM
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/cyberpunk-2077/home
youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw
vocaroo.com/i/s00ZjHzRPJ2K
vocaroo.com/i/s1boFjgzgMg4
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/wh39gt28uhi36nk8
store.steampowered.com/app/3920/Sid_Meiers_Pirates/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/reviews epic steam.png/
pastebin.com/9dmhEpXm
investopedia.com/terms/n/natural_monopoly.asp
steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/458604254419382186/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only "exclusives" that Steam has are those developed by Valve themselves.

Sage.

Swap it around and it's correct.

Name 10 games exclusive to Steam that are NOT developped by Valve.

I appreciate what you're doing here so here's a (you)

>wojak edit
>[thing I don't like]
go back to plebbit

Done

Attached: 1561422259226.png (1426x752, 153K)

>wanting exclusives at all
That's how I know you're a consolefaggot. A game should be released on all stores so the consumer has a choice, anything less is consolewar faggotry where such shit dosn't belong.

Attached: 1531252416756.jpg (687x686, 88K)

Based. Exclusivity for games that aren't developed in house are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1556221715535.jpg (413x395, 31K)

Based

Why do you hate Persona 5?

Attached: 1545843815798.png (1426x752, 104K)

Because it really goes downhill from the forth palace onwards?

the vast majority of pc games from the last 10 years won't run without steam. it doesn't matter if you buy a physical copy or a digital copy from another store. those are exclusives.

Excellent defense, user. Really showed him you aren't a reddit user by posting nothing but another reddit meme.

>Excellent defense, user. Really showed him you aren't a reddit user by posting nothing but another reddit meme.

Attached: 1555306438749.png (1080x1020, 475K)

When was the exact moment Valve had a heart attack?

youtube.com/watch?v=0DWap7pS7XM

Maybe they should go back to selling mods

Attached: aQRjxge_700b.jpg (700x395, 32K)

BASED

>steam is the only one who cares enough to make these games available
>durr exclusives

Completely different thing m8

Epic has stolen games from developers who release their shit on GOG too. Hades comes to mind especially. It's coming to other platforms when it's "out of early access" but there's a very blurry line between early access and release these days so that could be forever.

>game is bought off by epic
>comparing that to devs willingly putting their game on steam

imagine being such a contrarian you defend shitty practices like timed exclusivity, which literally has zero benefit for consumers

Here's the real kicker. Nothing about steam stops people from selling their games elsewhere like GOG but Epic games makes games 100% exclusive to their store for at least a period of time. If a game is only found on steam, it is usually a conscious decision of the developer to only put it on steam rather than a monetary incentive from the seller to do so.

The difference is that devs willingly put their games on Steam which is a well developed platform, vs Epic forcing games to be exclusive by buying them out on their incomprehensibly shitty platform.

nigga buy some new pants for gods sake

>Developer wants to release game on every plattform
>He wants 5 bucks for his game
>Is uploading game on Epic Game Store fpr 5,5 dollars
>Is uplaoding game on Steam for 6,5 dollars
>Steams says you cannot offer a game cheaper on other plattforms and blocks your game on Steam

What?

there's a difference between entering a contract exclusivity deal like Epic arranges, versus simply choosing as a developer not to put your games anywhere else but steam

You know it's coming to Steam, GOG, and not EGS right?

I have zero issues with Epic making some exclusives possible - take the PlayStation movies for example.
Epic directly paying for game's exclusivity post-factum (like with Metro for which I don't really care personally) is not a good thing no matter how you spin it.

you’re still here? kys already ugly tripfag

Nah it's coming to all 3.
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/cyberpunk-2077/home
That dude is still a fucking retard.

This, every day the steamcell coping gets weaker
>muh stealing
Developer especially Indies are forced to sell their games on steam there was no alternative, pre epic store, now there is an alternative and steamcells talking about stealing, subhumans stop sucking jewbens cock, he was milking the industry with his 30% cut, that's what stealing is.

literally me

Attached: 1536791432644.png (1426x752, 147K)

Attached: 1471615634868.jpg (1291x190, 70K)

Here's some perspective for you

You know two people,
first one is called Gabe
He's a nice guy, you always had lunch with him and he shares your hobbies and is overall a very chill and friendly person.
Gabe provides his suppliers freedom of choice, he lets them sell product anywhere and even starts encouraging new suppliers and their products by advertising them FOR FREE

The other one is Tim
He's a fucking rat in human form. He's like a saturday morning cartoon wiseguy.
You never liked Tim, he never did anything for you and sometimes even mocked you from time to time.

Fifteen years ago, Gabe opened a shop.
You like Gabes shop, It's in a nice neighborhood, has likeminded customers and has all the things you want from a store of it's type

Tim had no problem with this before and even used Gabe's shop himself
Fast forward to today and Tim has open a "rival" Shop. Tim's shop is in a dark alley way, there's all kinds of eyes and ears on the walls and occasionally someone tries to mug you if you go there.
Tim's shop isn't doing so hot, but he gets lucky because he started selling something the kids and teens want. Now, thanks to the success brought by his retarded customers, Tim is getting a bit big headed, he makes some good money.
Tim starts some shady ass deals with the local criminals and starts selling info about his customers to them.
Now a year or two later and Tim has started to get even more full of himself.
He starts accusing Gabe's shop for being a "monopoly" despite this being objectively wrong.
Tim goes to some kind of personal crusade towards Gabe and his customers, by bribing people who supply Gabe with new goods.
Tim takes these new goods to exclusively sell on his shitty barren shop.
Tim is gradually becoming more and more like a douchebag, he even gets caught trying to spy on the customers and innerworkings of Gabe's shop.
Gabe does nothing but his customers are rightfully pissed.

Who would you support?

Attached: 1552325585043.png (999x1150, 960K)

haha dude you're so fucking apathetic xd

Well, steam does not pay for games to be exclusive to their store while epic cuck have to pay to have games on their shitty store.

Attached: 1546757402396.jpg (650x650, 34K)

This was some shit straight out of the Gaia forums. Nothing will ever match this level of cringe.

Attached: 1515958240005.png (552x543, 358K)

What's GOG in this analogy?

>game has torrent available

Attached: 1560307970920.jpg (1154x1300, 303K)

>Here's some perspective for you
>You know two people,
>first one is called Gabe
>He's a nice guy, you always had lunch with him and he shares your hobbies and is overall a very chill and friendly person.
>Gabe provides his suppliers freedom of choice, he lets them sell product anywhere and even starts encouraging new suppliers and their products by advertising them FOR FREE
>The other one is Tim
>He's a fucking rat in human form. He's like a saturday morning cartoon wiseguy.
>You never liked Tim, he never did anything for you and sometimes even mocked you from time to time.
>Fifteen years ago, Gabe opened a shop.
>You like Gabes shop, It's in a nice neighborhood, has likeminded customers and has all the things you want from a store of it's type
>Tim had no problem with this before and even used Gabe's shop himself
>Fast forward to today and Tim has open a "rival" Shop. Tim's shop is in a dark alley way, there's all kinds of eyes and ears on the walls and occasionally someone tries to mug you if you go there.
>Tim's shop isn't doing so hot, but he gets lucky because he started selling something the kids and teens want. Now, thanks to the success brought by his retarded customers, Tim is getting a bit big headed, he makes some good money.
>Tim starts some shady ass deals with the local criminals and starts selling info about his customers to them.
>Now a year or two later and Tim has started to get even more full of himself.
>He starts accusing Gabe's shop for being a "monopoly" despite this being objectively wrong.
>Tim goes to some kind of personal crusade towards Gabe and his customers, by bribing people who supply Gabe with new goods.
>Tim takes these new goods to exclusively sell on his shitty barren shop.
>Tim is gradually becoming more and more like a douchebag, he even gets caught trying to spy on the customers and innerworkings of Gabe's shop.
>Gabe does nothing but his customers are rightfully pissed.
>Who would you support?

Attached: 1537351031551.png (458x1135, 214K)

That guy who sells from his garage. Chill guy that asks no questions, owns a lot of old games for a good price.

>That guy who sells from his garage. Chill guy that asks no questions, owns a lot of old games for a good price.

Attached: 1537351031550.jpg (458x1018, 165K)

Gog in this case is comparable to an online shop that doesn't force you to go outside that still has all the rights to sell the same product gabe has

imagine NOT having this opinion, I can't we are having LAUNCHER wars

>game has torrent available
ohhhhhhhhh god its so easy bros
i can just have every game i want for free
arrrrghhh
WAY HAY AND UP SHE RISES
youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Attached: pb.gif (350x350, 132K)

Honest to god question: How many of these do you have?

make him LONGER

>GAME

Attached: open-mouth-man-wide-32890592.jpg (1300x964, 124K)

based thread

>Here's some perspective for you
>You know two people,
>first one is called Gabe
>He's a nice guy, you always had lunch with him and he shares your hobbies and is overall a very chill and friendly person.
>Gabe provides his suppliers freedom of choice, he lets them sell product anywhere and even starts encouraging new suppliers and their products by advertising them FOR FREE
>The other one is Tim
>He's a fucking rat in human form. He's like a saturday morning cartoon wiseguy.
>You never liked Tim, he never did anything for you and sometimes even mocked you from time to time.
>Fifteen years ago, Gabe opened a shop.
>You like Gabes shop, It's in a nice neighborhood, has likeminded customers and has all the things you want from a store of it's type
>Tim had no problem with this before and even used Gabe's shop himself
>Fast forward to today and Tim has open a "rival" Shop. Tim's shop is in a dark alley way, there's all kinds of eyes and ears on the walls and occasionally someone tries to mug you if you go there.
>Tim's shop isn't doing so hot, but he gets lucky because he started selling something the kids and teens want. Now, thanks to the success brought by his retarded customers, Tim is getting a bit big headed, he makes some good money.
>Tim starts some shady ass deals with the local criminals and starts selling info about his customers to them.
>Now a year or two later and Tim has started to get even more full of himself.
>He starts accusing Gabe's shop for being a "monopoly" despite this being objectively wrong.
>Tim goes to some kind of personal crusade towards Gabe and his customers, by bribing people who supply Gabe with new goods.
>Tim takes these new goods to exclusively sell on his shitty barren shop.
>Tim is gradually becoming more and more like a douchebag, he even gets caught trying to spy on the customers and innerworkings of Gabe's shop.
>Gabe does nothing but his customers are rightfully pissed.
>Who would you support?

Attached: 1517931015484.jpg (387x437, 41K)

>Epic has stolen games from developers who release their shit on GOG too. Hades comes to mind especially. It's coming to other platforms when it's "out of early access" but there's a very blurry line between early access and release these days so that could be forever.

Attached: 1561108506335.jpg (640x723, 39K)

Cringe

This is what a broken, defeated man looks like

Attached: 1557697010376.jpg (567x561, 57K)

>This is what a broken, defeated man looks like

Attached: 1537351031552.png (458x1252, 230K)

>YOU'RE BREATHTAKING

Attached: 1561246724128.png (524x443, 477K)

>Cringe

Attached: 1537351031553.png (458x1328, 240K)

How can valvefags even recover?

what exactly does this image convey?

Only console faggots want exclusives.

Die Reddit scum

Attached: 1551934771530.png (182x177, 11K)

>Gabe
>He's a nice guy, you always had lunch with him and he shares your hobbies and is overall a very chill and friendly person
No wonder Valve profits when they have you brainwashed like this. Just because they make Half life memes about him doesn't mean he is your friend.

Attached: 1558994866840.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

>chinks started using s*y and wojak pics in their spam threads
Pathetic.
S*ged and r*portpilled.

No one is being paid to make their games available only on Steam

You smooth shithead

Attached: 1561118452923.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

>Pathetic.
>S*ged and r*portpilled.

Attached: 1537351031554.png (458x1407, 250K)

>No one is being paid to make their games available only on Steam

Attached: 1537372183556.jpg (153x337, 23K)

>Epic has to resort to this now

Attached: 1520787365963.png (483x368, 260K)

For example: GTAV requires steam. If I want to play GTAV, I have to have Steam running. It doesn't matter if I buy it on amazon or get some code off of ebay. I have to have Steam running to play it. It is exclusive to Steam. Regardless of where it is purchased, Valve is making money off this game.

You don't even own the games in your Steam account. Valve simply licenses the games to you. If you ever get banned for a bullshit reason, or if Valve ever kicks the bucket and their servers go down for good, you lose all that money you spent on those games. It's the same with other distribution platforms, but Valve pioneered this bullshit. People hated Steam in its early days, but it managed to rise to the top and absolutely ruin PC games forever. It's hypocritical to shit on the Epic Store if you think Steam is a good thing. They are the same thing.

>cool looking game announced
>might buy
>epic exclusive
also Epic Game Store is the worse name for a digital store. Uplay and Origin have much more superior name. What where they thinking?

Attached: image-77~01.jpg (372x525, 24K)

Blame Rockstar for only releasing it on Steam then?
Valve didn't do shit to make them do that

>Blame Rockstar for only releasing it on Steam then?
>Valve didn't do shit to make them do that

Attached: 1537372183557.jpg (458x1135, 65K)

It requires Steam because the developer made it so through their lazyness.
Valve doesn't make money off keys generated by the developer and sold elsewhere.
The service thing is not legally binding and there WILL be repercussions if any of those bad things happen. You do own what you buy digitally, regardless of what the EULA says.

It's an analogy you retard
What I'm trying to say is that Valve was there when PC gaming needed it, they built Steam and popularized PC gaming more than any other game did after them.
His platform has never been truly bad and steam has always strived to listen to its users (and has, which is why we have shit like greenlight early access, 2 hour refunds and controller support etc)

I choose no DRM over Steam any day, but as it stands, there's literally NO reason to use another, vastly inferior service like Epic store over Steam.
You're free to change my mind with a good argument if you're are able to, but I know you can't.

>no argument, just post le epic onions man

>It's an analogy you retard
>What I'm trying to say is that Valve was there when PC gaming needed it, they built Steam and popularized PC gaming more than any other game did after them.
>His platform has never been truly bad and steam has always strived to listen to its users (and has, which is why we have shit like greenlight early access, 2 hour refunds and controller support etc)
>I choose no DRM over Steam any day, but as it stands, there's literally NO reason to use another, vastly inferior service like Epic store over Steam.
>You're free to change my mind with a good argument if you're are able to, but I know you can't.

Attached: 1537372183561.jpg (458x1456, 69K)

>no argument, just post le epic onions man

Attached: 1537372183562.jpg (458x1638, 77K)

>I PREFER STEAM OVER EGS

Attached: 1561443629443.png (458x856, 217K)

47 IP's witnessing the total ass devastation of a rogue chink s󠛡o󠛡yboy agent having a mental breakdown

Attached: 😂👌💯.jpg (449x373, 21K)

>won't run without steam
what is a steam crack

IP's witnessing the total ass devastation of a rogue chink s󠛡o󠛡yboy agent having a mental breakdown

Attached: 1561043306854.jpg (912x1024, 229K)

Honestly, I think we've begun trying too hard with art

Look at this cunny right?

Great body, great clothes
Than you scroll up and look at the head

7 different bows
A fucking bandaid head
A bun ontop of a bun

Like I understand everyone wants to have a unique oc but come on.
Over design has become such a problem in today's artistic society

Attached: 1559150387009.jpg (789x450, 58K)

I was playing games absolutely fine before Steam came in.

Attached: 1561379424849.jpg (1000x1414, 126K)

for once, you're alright, OP.

Attached: 1561154005663.gif (320x180, 1.24M)

all 3 of them

>I was playing games absolutely fine before Steam came in.

Attached: coff.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

why did they give a child child-bearing hips
that makes no sense

Attached: 1561335887409.png (1000x1419, 1.4M)

If chinks are serving why is it in Russian?

It's a drawing user

Real people don't look like anime

If she was real you would be horrified on why her head is misshapen and her nose is where her eyes are

Attached: 1559091896385.jpg (849x1200, 722K)

There is no such thing as an exclusive Steam game other than Valve's own games.
Games that are currently only available on Steam, which I'm guessing there are some, are so because the creators have not picked other platforms to release on, not because of an exclusivity deal made with them but out of choice and that's what it's all about, choice.
That's the thing Epic is against, if they simply added another platform to compete then the ones offering the best deal or service win out but exclusivity is the opposite of choice and competition.
What kind of retard legitimately buys this kind of argument, what retard wants less competition and higher prices on games?

Attached: 1445763783383.gif (285x200, 938K)

Post cute and funny futa.

russia has a substantial mongolian population.

Attached: 1559089386334.jpg (3560x3560, 3M)

Attached: epic4thewin.png (1426x752, 87K)

vocaroo.com/i/s00ZjHzRPJ2K

Rad concept

Attached: soygasm.png (753x960, 29K)

Epic makes the publishers sign a contract to maintain exclusivity.

Steam lets them sell it wherever they want to.

>There is no such thing as an exclusive Steam game other than Valve's own games.

Dark Souls

Attached: 65559117e9a83947ac8eb4f0b318499a.jpg (713x999, 136K)

the difference is that Valve isn't paying developers or publishers to use their store.
People are choosing to sell on steam because it has a massive userbase, comprehensive infrastructure and they're indifferent to other options.
There are lots of games, particularly indie games, that would be great on GOG but the developers just haven't made the effort to diversify the storefronts their games are available from.

There's a clear difference between buying exclusivity and being exclusive by circumstance.

Attached: 1559678941927.jpg (723x1000, 210K)

Yes, choices bad, competition bad, one party one rule!

cringe. are you the same mentally ill guy that was crying about based and redpilled last week. how do you not wake up your elderly parents doing this so late?

But you have choices, Epic wants EGS to be the only choice

>choices bad, competition bad
>holds a monopoly on pc for 15 years

Attached: 1559667316174.jpg (767x1024, 93K)

>monopoly

>Epic wants EGS to be the only choice

Which won't happen, you paranoid Steam drone.

yeah i'm thinking based

You're an alright guy Chang

Attached: 1547929048560.jpg (640x718, 53K)

>ITS COMPETITION! THE SPYWARE ADDS VALUE YOU NAZI!

Attached: Duhi_yNVsAAIH7_.jpg large.jpg (640x480, 18K)

>choices bad, competition bad
Steam offers choice to pretty much everyoine and they have had competition for almost the entire duration of their existence. Too bad said competition always fails miserably because their services suck

not him but everyone knows it's not going to happen, It's just literally why they are forcing it so desperately and the reason why people hate it so much

Yes, it won't
Doesn't change that's exactly what they want though going by their actions

Finally someone said it
also gonna drop this here, I fucking hate Steam's ui. I never know where to go for literally anything, and epic store gives me free shit. Steam's only real advantage is VR, and even then it's only there in the library.

vocaroo.com/i/s1boFjgzgMg4

Attached: 1558872229684.png (860x1214, 1.12M)

>Steam's only real advantage is VR
Aside from being an actual functioning store

>want to be the 7001th person to buy satisfactory
>can only do so with ebbic launcher and Beijing spyworks package
it already has happened

Then you should be okay with competition existing

>Is a Steam drone

Oh... I forgot

I don't understand any of this.
I understand console wars because 12 year olds can only get one console from their parents and have to reaffirm their believe that they picked the right one.

But who the fuck cares about steam and epic store like that?
There is literally nothing stopping you from just using both. Why would I give any shit whatsoever on which of the platforms a game comes out.

Buying out all the games is not competition, that's attempting to form a monopoly
Something you supposedly hate

epic reduces competition you dumb chink. if the platform has to moneyhat exclusives instead of standing on its own merit, its just holding your choice hostage. theres realistically no reason to use epic store

Well Epic will ban you from ever playing your games again for buying during a sale

>games didn't exist before my based Gabe and his Steam
Damn, how much of zoomer are you?

>Buying out all the games is not competition, that's attempting to form a monopoly

Except it's not all the games and there's still plenty of Steam exclusives like Atom which you're okay with

It's the only way legit competition can compete with Steam though

I don't mind compettion if it's fair competition.
For example,
Orign and uPlay sell their OWN exclusives and they have every right to do so because THEY made the fucking game(s)

Epic buys the rights to sell everyone else's games and gets to cock block every other store from selling the product.

That's literally a monopoly

Attached: 1558729968030.png (708x1000, 736K)

>j-just download the spyware you n-nazi
fucking neck yourself chang. if it dosent matter so much why defend epic shitting things up and inconveniencing you?

>but how do i show my super cool achievements from Steam on Epic
There's the main reason of Valve drones.

oy vey

Attached: 1373415209359.png (1680x1050, 306K)

>Orign and uPlay sell their OWN exclusives and they have every right to do so because THEY made the fucking game(s)

So Steam drones unironically think it would be better if Epic started buying up game studios and made the games permanently exclusive?

Attached: 1373413613590.jpg (635x2475, 566K)

You can buy GTAV directly from Rockstar who give you an exe of the game, it doesn't use steam.

>all these (Dead) posts

Attached: 1557340728668.gif (200x200, 1.32M)

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/wh39gt28uhi36nk8

>Why would I give any shit whatsoever on which of the platforms a game comes out.
Because if one that is objectively worse in functionality can spin that they have approval through retards and uncaring people like you it means their shitty practices have a chance of spreading.
I do not want a fucking bid-war for developer exclusivity.

>Steam exclusives like Atom
Did Valve pay them to only release there?
No, they didn't, blame the dev
>only way legit competition can compete
Oh no, the consumer decided they want to use Steam over the many other choices, better form a monopoly to stop the big bad Valve

>cheating at videogames
the state of epicucks
go write another article for polygon

>some lolis got deleted
i guess i'll be seeing you later, user

Attached: 1556746981000.jpg (285x263, 28K)

Nigger I don't even know what you are talking about. I don't care about this issue at all. I don't know which platform is better or worse.
My point was that it seems rather idiotic to argue about these two platforms like they are mutually exclusive and you had to pick one.

>Steam exclusive
Nigger, most of the other publishers have more hoops to jump through and steam has the biggest collection of customers, no one's forcing them to stay on Steam, they just choose to
Valve's games are not part of this retarded debate since Valve made them and made Steam

Attached: 1449973914854.jpg (283x315, 43K)

>No, they didn't, blame the dev

Indie devs jut can't push their games onto every service possible

Also they can be like Dark Souls where sites like GOG don't have the infrastructure to support their games

>the consumer decided they want to use Steam over the many other choices,

Yes, you also totally decided to use Amazon and Wal-Mart, right?

>It's the only way legit competition can compete with Steam though
the fuck em. if a service cant offer superior or comparable functionality then what right do they have to be in the market place?

>developers choose steam because of its platform features without being forced to stay there exclusively
>epic pays shitloads of money for developers to release on their platform exclusively even if missing several QoL features
literally the same thing!

Have sex

Problems with features Epic doesn't even have?
What a shame

>Nigger I don't even know what you are talking about. I don't care about this issue at all. I don't know which platform is better or worse.

maybe you shouldnt speak on matters you're not familiar with.

>>developers choose steam because of its platform features

store.steampowered.com/app/3920/Sid_Meiers_Pirates/

This game doesn't use any Steam features

>he uses walmart
typical epicuck

Attached: 513896.jpg (640x480, 40K)

>Games that are currently only available on Steam, which I'm guessing there are some, are so because the creators have not picked other platforms to release on, not because of an exclusivity deal made with them but out of choice and that's what it's all about, choice.
Just because the first sentence ends with a period doesn't mean you stop reading there, friend.

>GOG don't have the infrastructure to support their games
How is it Steams fault that they innovated over their competition?
>Amazon and Wal-Mart
I can easily not use Amazon or Walmart, which I don't
Thanks for asking though

its cute you think you made a point here

i lol'd

Aside from first party valve games, are there any games exclusive to steam?

None that Valve paid for
Any that exist are entirely by dev/pub choice

Yes.
That would give them the right,
However, that doesn't make the customers any less reluctant to use their shitty unsecure garbage store.

The thing is, a lot of games that were pretty much guaranteed to come on steam / gog were silently decided to become epic exclusives.
These games had preorders pages set up on steam, and one even ASKED their customers how they would like to receive their game key (ps4 or steam) - This is what happened in the case of Shenmue 3 kickstarter backers.

The publishers are literally ABUSING steam's storefront to advertise a game for free, and then they suddenly decide it won't be available on steam because some chinks paid them to not do it.

If you cannot see anything wrong with this kind of business practice, I don't think you're fit to argue about anything related to this.

>Yeah guys, we put our videos up on YouTube because it's the best! (Not because it's the only one)

I mean if the dev is japanese, odds are they pick steam just because "well everyone is there, we might as well go there" and for no other reason.

Steam isn't the only one though
Just because you conveniently act like the others don't exist (GoG, Uplay, Origin, etc) doesn't mean they don't

GoG's competitor is piracy, not steam. They said so themselves.

>There is literally nothing stopping you from just using both.
Except there's already both privacy and security concerns from the client itself, having your games split up among multiple accounts is annoying and means you have to have more shit running in the background just to play what you own, and they are offering nothing of value to the gaming community. They don't even have the most basic of features that Origin, uPlay, and Microsoft have like wishlists, functioning sales, and an actual cart, and to top it off they're not funding their games, they're just paying them off to create false exclusivity. It would be one thing if they actually paid for the development of the game instead of just buying out publishing rights. That's an Xbox 360 era thing that should have died out.

>They don't even have the most basic of features that Origin, uPlay, and Microsoft have like wishlists, functioning sales, and an actual cart

You know those features weren't in Steam at launch, right?

Hell, Steam reviews weren't introduced until 2010

Attached: reviews epic steam.png (1964x958, 255K)

Attached: 1544274693058.jpg (388x275, 77K)

You have two pools
Steam is the huge, clean pool with all your friends there not to mention all the other sweet services they have

Epic is the small, shitty pool with piss all over and the swimmers there are all retarded children. They don't even have a ladder or stairs to their pool

>You know those features weren't in Steam at launch, right?
You know that those features were on Microsoft's Store, uPlay, Origin, and GoG on launch, right? We already have a precedence and the experience that these are standard, this is like saying first person shooters should be excused for not having a crouch button at launch because Doom didn't.

>You know those features weren't in Steam at launch
You know launchers weren't a thing when Steam launched, right?
It's like saying England and Uganda are equal because the British once lived in huts

>boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/reviews epic steam.png/
Aaand this chink has arrived.
I wonder if next things he'll post will be typical shit he's been spamming ever since December 2018.

>Oh man, Steam didn't have [feature] over 14 years ago when pc gaming was niche and didn't generate much revenue!
>this makes it acceptable for a modern ""competitor"" to not have it on the year 2019 where we have a hundredfold more users and money circulating in the business!

Imagine being a chink apologist who's this retarded

Epic Store could have 1:1 feature parity with Steam and Steam drones would still find a reason to hate it, so that's maybe a good reason that they're not just throwing out features at the moment until they have more of a dedicated audience.

So because they weren't in a program nearly a decade ago it is okay to launch without them today? What kind of fucking retarded logic is that? They're not competing with 2010 Steam, would you release a silent black and white film today because they didn't used to have colour and sound? A car without seatbelts and airbags because the Model T didn't have them? Fuck off idiot.

>A car without seatbelts and airbags because the Model T didn't have them?

A car isn't a free program that can be fixed in patches and updates

>Steam good, Epic bad

>its a good thing their store is a basic piece of shit, they should bring in people with exclusivity contracts first
and you wonder why people hate it

does it finally have a shopping cart?

Attached: 107831.png (512x512, 7K)

People can wait the year on the Epic exclusives, their backlog can be cleared out in that time I think (not that Steam users play the games they own)

>b-b-but they'll patch it

Apologist faggots like you are why we get broken releases and games a service.

So why do you defend Steam? It was a literal piece of shit when it launched.

You are the actual reason why we get broken releases and games as a service.

they are already a year behind their fucking feature list
when are they getting a shopping cart? or a fucking search feature?

is EGS competing with 2004 Steam?

oh boy, another thing to filter
pastebin.com/9dmhEpXm

thread should've ended here

>when are they getting a shopping cart?

I hope they add all the features Steam has except this

This really triggers you retards for some reason.

Nobody is competing with 2019 Steam, not even GOG.

Based.

That's right, when it launched, it didn't launch yesterday though did it shithead? It launched feature complete, it set standards by adding those features, it isn't playing catch-up to competition by releasing something sub-par and expecting everyone to suck its dick while it takes months and years to add them later.

i woke up my cat

lmao just pirate games you shills

>im happy with having a shit product because people dont like it
good for you i guess

WINNIE THE POOH
TIANANMAN SQUARE 1989

>Nobody is competing with 2019 Steam, not even GOG.
what the fuck does this even mean?
Uplay? Origin? even the fucking MS store
EGS simply isnt competition, it hanst even sorted itself out

Sounds like Steam needs to learn to compete properly then, instead of just coasting by on their monopoly.

>Uplay? Origin? even the fucking MS store

Where are the user reviews on those sites?

GOG has user reviews, but it doesn't have things like Workshop for mods.

just wait for galaxy then you drone

So where's you're online store if it's so fucking easy?

>Galaxy integrates Epic

Guess Epic doesn't need to add those features afterall as GOG is doing it for free

>Where are the user reviews on those sites?
pic related you drone

Attached: dipshit.png (1067x895, 102K)

exactly

gog isn't competing with steam directly
instead it's leveling the playing ground for everyone else

>pc "gaming"

Attached: 1539195405606.jpg (588x823, 86K)

>i want a shitty broken store to own a monopoly just so people i'll never even meet seethe

Attached: 1523925671396.jpg (225x246, 13K)

funny that you mention it, even beginners web design programs like MUSE allow you to integrate both a shopping cart and a search bar
Epic is simply just that incompetent
even simply adding a game to the store is a mess

This paradigm shift upsets the Steamie

Epic Store doesn't have the monopoly, Steam does. Sorry if your brain doesn't work

>xbone and ps4 have nothing to offer and switch will soon be fully emulated so console cucks must do nothing but seethe until the very end

Attached: 1467699515571.gif (380x298, 342K)

I genuinely can't figure out how can someone having a very strong emotional reaction to that shitty Star Wars prequel. Something about that soi boi screams some underlying deeper issues to me. Didn't people found out that he was streaming from a hotel that he booked with his "wife".

>''The EGS square massacre (史诗般的广场大屠杀) was a sales event that took place in the month of May 2019 to june 2019 where a online store failed catastrophically hard in organising a simple sale''

Attached: HERP ME TIM.jpg (870x633, 258K)

im also really enjoying ctr: nitro fueled atm

Attached: 1549799171805.jpg (2000x2020, 579K)

>Where are the user reviews on those sites?
Gee, I don't know where. It's a mystery.

Attached: You idiot.jpg (1639x955, 293K)

You don't know what a monopoly is
Epic is striving for one and you are supporting this

>Epic is striving for one and you are supporting this

Steam exists and it's not gonna die just because a couple of games aren't on it...

THIS YEAR

That's right, Steam drones are crying about games that aren't on the store for one year only. Or six months in Borderlands 3's case.

>I don't care about this issue at all
Would you let chinese government to your house and let them take notes of what you do in your daily basis, take some pics of your social contacts(like your parents, friends, your wife and her boyfriend Tyrone) and then let them sell all that info around for their own profit to random corporations?
Yes?
Welcome to Epic Game Store!

VALVECUNTS DESTROYED

You can seethe all you like Tim, but Valve will never "compete" with you.
Epic is digging it's own grave by being so anti-consumer

Tim is literally doing it to triggers retards like you at this point, he's not even hiding it

Can't wait to see you drones cry once the steam sale starts and it's fucking dogshit like it has always been.

>Epic is digging it's own grave by being so anti-consumer

By producing the most used gaming engine besides Unity and the most played battle royale?

Unlike Valve, Epic can actually do things that aren't a games store

This

there are thousands.
nobody else would sell them.

>hes being a complete amatuer on purpose
sure thing chinko
just like your shilling is terrible on ''purpose''
so allow to reply with
fuck off retard

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

>Unlike Valve, Epic can actually do things that aren't a games store

Yet they're incapable of doing things that are a games store.
Wow.
Fucking btfo'd yourself right there, buddy

Attached: 1514475831917.gif (480x238, 415K)

Unlike Valve and Artifact, Epic will actually make the Epic Store great and popular

Attached: artifact charts 2.jpg (1654x383, 98K)

>thing I like
>thing I don't like

>its always been shit
old as time itself.
>Epic can actually do things that aren't a games store

but they cant do a store, which is why they will stop buying exclusives fairly soon, since fortnite is losing revenue fast, and shareholders will not try to keep a store afloat that is destined to sink.

hows Unreal Tournament going?
or Paragon for that matter?
hey remember Gears? oh wait thats going to be on Steam now, how unfortunate

Attached: Unreal-Tournament-Xbox-360.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

Why are you so obsessed about artifact? it has nothing to do with the superior service that Steam offers
And like always with you people, the point is always steam.
When will you retards understand that it's the NO-DRM fanatics who hate you the most?

how many people are playing Paragon Tim?

based

I have over 600 games on Steam, of course I don't want to suddenly fucking change platforms and split my library. Why is this so hard for autists to understand?

How's Mordhau? Or Insurgency 2?

Oops, buying them gave money to Epic, you lose.

Attached: epic revenue steam 2.png (714x1017, 58K)

when is EGS getting Gears Of War Tim?

atleast I don't have to install their shitty platform when I play a game using unreal engine :)

>GOW games
>Using UE4

Epic wins either way

when are they coming to EGS Tim?

>Bloodborne
PSNow
>HZD
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Nioh
user.....
>Gravity Rush 2
Fuck, you won

When has Valve ever dictated that a third-party game sold on its platform be exclusive to its platform?

Attached: 1554579990686.jpg (766x1024, 145K)

Yeah, this is how big data works. Get the fuck out zoomer

tell me one game outside of owned ip that is exclusive to steam

Attached: 1544708126638.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

D-Did anyone mention me yet?

Attached: CliffyB.jpg (594x334, 41K)

>When
Every single day when they became the monopoly?

Valve doesn't need to when they're the only game in town

Dark Souls

Soon every steam exclusive is going to EGS. Tim is such a nice guy and he won't allow customer to lose their games

Attached: noxx82172175.png (677x1156, 674K)

i thought you left our plane of existence after Radical Heights

Keep saying it

fromsoftware signed an exclusivity deal with valve?

That's completely irrelevant. Point to a single instance of Valve paying money to anybody in exchange for their games not being sold on GoG or Epic.

its going to take a looooooooooooooooong time chink ;)

Attached: 1558006849245.jpg (596x846, 169K)

their concepts stems from the same place. the business models does not.
everything is not black and white. nuances are important

I don't see their games on GOG

>Valve doesn't need to when they're the only game in town

>We can only add a few games every week
The Steam killer, everyone

nice

>names gog while claiming only steam exists

Attached: 1548580487210.jpg (524x380, 37K)

"right now" Bias is so hard you can't even read properly anymore. That tweet clearly implying that it's temporary

epic is the soja option 'couse chinese use the thing alot, and soja is good only s.oy is bad aka (you)

>Valve doesn't need to when they're the only game in town
>But there are other game stores and they are free to use them, Valve didn't make those games exclusives. If they haven't it's because they didn't want to
>Valve doesn't need to when they're the only game in town!

Alright chang you got me there.

>but it managed to rise to the top and absolutely ruin PC games forever
your really letting your underage show off here
PC gaming was in a abysmal state before Steam came along, Consoles where taking over, major PC developer where jumping ship to the Xbox, everyone was talking about PC not being viable for distribution due to piracy and stores wernt moving many PC units compared to console games
then Steam comes along and closes the sales disparity between consoles and pc by a fuckton and gave indie games a storefront to actually push their games

There are tons of stores, but none actually compete with Steam except Epic Store, and Epic Store has to buy up exclusives to even get Steam drones to want to use it.

>1 year after launch they still only add a few games every week
>''B-B-BUT ITS TEMPORARY YOU SHILL''
stay seething while i play all of Epics good games on steam :)

Attached: image_24368.png (1011x1920, 339K)

>share lunch with gabe

I mean have you looked at the guy.

if a shop doesn't have a product it doesn't mean that an exclusivity contract has been signed

do you think that if only a shop in your town sells gillettes it's because they signed a contract of exclusivity with gillette?
you need to be 18 to post user

Attached: 1539887036227.jpg (1920x1080, 664K)

>There are tons of stores, but none actually compete with Steam except Epic Store
What arbitrary definition are you using to define what's a Steam competitor?
>Epic Store has to buy up exclusives to even get Steam drones to want to use it
But if they are Steam drones, why would they use Epic instead of waiting the release on Steam? That's retarded.

That tweet was also from April, and the Epic store had been running for quite a while by then. If they're going to make putting games on the store easier/faster, they need to do it sooner.

well played Hong

>Epic pretty much forsook UT for Fortnite
I'm still mad.

>Tweet is 3 months old
>Egs is like 6 months old
>1 year after launch

There is something wrong here, are you coping perhaps?

Attached: 1561192763191.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

Pretty sure Horizon Zero Dawn belongs on a 4/10 body because of how ugly Aloy looks.

>still only add a few games a week
>still no search function
>still no shopping cart
literally a early access online store

Attached: O9VWDgP.jpg (540x390, 39K)

EGS has been around since a couple of years ago, they just haven't made it into a full blown store until recently. If you don't remember they gave out Shadow Complex Remastered for free on it as an incentive to sign up for it, they even advertised that at E3.

well played rice nigger

Steam manbabies

This is the only correct opinion itt. Imagine showing loyalty to a gigantic multibillion dollar corporation and advocating for their financial interest online for free(kudos if you actually get paid to shill).

This thread still going? Fucking hell. The fact that console war tier shitposting is finally on PC makes me sad

giggled like an idiot

Does anyone actually feel this way?
piracy > gog > steam > origin > console gaming > ubilauncher > epic

Steambois BTFO

Attached: 1256933661050.png (400x350, 206K)

Actually based.

Attached: 1553505309151.jpg (290x336, 16K)

I'm pretty sure this is most peoples opinion and it's just chink shilling that makes it sound like they want steam "exclusives" because they said they'd prefer to buy it on steam or whatever.

Very few games were actually exclusive to Steam. You just never ever visited the other digital stores that existed for a time.

Remember that 90% of poster in these threads are tourists from steameddit.

Attached: 1559205620855.jpg (1024x457, 64K)

Almost nothing is exclusive to the Steam store, go bitch at lazy publishers instead for not releasing it elsewhere.
Retarded wojakposter

But that's wrong
>Game is exclusive to EGS
>Game is available on Steam
Steam doesn't do exclusivity deals and doesn't "reward" developers or publishers for only releasing on Steam, timed or not. Not all games can afford to do physical, or meet GOG's opaque criteria, or maybe don't want to sell on Itch.

>trying to reason with Tencent shills

Attached: 1459892673908.jpg (590x534, 58K)

>almost nothing
There are literal thousands of steam exclusives lol

That’s not the same thing as signing a contract in order to remain exclusive. The games on steam are not exclusives.

The thing that gets me is that people champion the 88% revenue cut but Epic pissed away any good publicity they had with the exclusive shit. If they allowed games to be published anywhere (Not necessarily steam) then they could've just rode journalists sucking them off. Makes matters worse with the games which were to be released on multiple stores, especially ones with kickstarters, before suddenly they are only on Epic.

Tianonmen wasn't a faggot for once.

Did you even read the rest of the post you stupid fucking chankoro bitch?

Steam exclusives are due to dev/publisher laziness. GOG has excisted for a decade and Steam doesn't bribe devs for exclusivity.

In that case, why do you blame epic instead of publishers/devs ? It's not like they are forcing them.

Still don't know why Epic is doing this despite it being available on other, better platforms. They're not gonna hear the end of how much more Cyberpunk sold on steam/gog than the EGS.

I do, you bending the meaning of a word to meet you argenda does not make steam games anyless exclusive you fucktard.

That's not true, though. I'm actually pretty sure that you're somewhere in the age range of 18 to 23 and just parrot shit you've read here.

It's going to be the true test of if the Epic store can stand on its own. This is how it should've always been, free market rules.

Which is why everyone on Yea Forums should get game on epic. It's drm free anyway

>Copyrights
>free market rules

Yeah,no

May i have your attention please?
May i have your attention please?
Will the real cunny poster please stand up?
I repeat, will the real cunny poster please stand up?
We're going to have a problem here

Well... as close to free market rules as you can get in this current system.

Probably still doesn't even have bandwidth limiting.

That's literally not exclusive

Is this one of these reddit screenshot posts?

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Buying the game on epic requires you to run it through the launcher, you chink.

Not if it's drm free.

then refute it

Attached: Untitled.png (920x186, 25K)

>not being on EGS is becoming a selling point
where did it all go so wrong for Sweeney

Ching Chong
10 v-bucks added on your EGS account

Exclusives are exclusives no matter the reason dumb chink

>Chink is too stupid to know what swapping is
Yep.

The number one thing is they never addressed their security problems.

that game "Devotion" looks great, brb gonna buy it real quick

You may not remember, but steam was a STORE with 3th party games 3 years before he said that. Valve didn't save pc gaming, pc gaming saved itself. But valve do deserve a praise for something, withouth team fortress II and cs;go lootboxes wouldn't be a thing. ALL HAIL GABEN, ALL HAIL STEAM

Because there is no security problems you fucking redditor.

>withouth team fortress II and cs;go lootboxes wouldn't be a thing.
You think Valve pioneered that shit? They wasn't even the first to make it popular. That shit was already becoming standard in MMOs.

Fortnite got compromised multiple times.

You beautiful bastard

Attached: my man.jpg (1669x934, 57K)

Law of Large Numbers.

you didnt refute any point i said
look at all the things that happened because of Steam
the indie game market expanded
Japanese games have found their ground for the PC market, before Steam the thought of having games like MGS, Devil May Cry, Tekken or even fucking Yakuza on PC would be laughable
you can keep saying
>pc gaming saved itself
all you want but thats not how it happened

Yeah, exactly 0 times. The last true breach was in 2016 and it was from epic forums. Why do people against epic need to use propaganda instead of just saying "shopping cart in 6 months lul"

You're such a corporate tool.

>if the game is only on Epic how will I ERP with my other anime avatar friends and then show them my badge collection after we synchronize our orgasms?

Attached: the gamer.jpg (1393x2477, 927K)

Lol what. They had two major breaches in 2018 alone.

monopoly[ muh-nop-uh-lee ]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.

>1- exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.
Doesn't apply, multiple stores from different sellers exist including corporations much more powerful than Valve. Valve also does not dictate the prices but does however give pricing advice if requested.

>2- an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
Doesn't apply, it's not backed by any government.

>3- the exclusive possession or control of something.
Doesn't apply, multiple stores from different sellers exist. Valve has never bought exclusivity of anything. Developers simply chose to sell there on their own.

>4- something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
Doesn't apply.

>5- a company or group that has such control.
Doesn't apply.

>6- the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
Doesn't apply, multiple stores from different sellers exist. Valve has never attempted any actions against other stores.

I'm not even a Steam fan because fuck DRM, but jesus you guys are fucking dumb. Just because a store is a million times better than all the competition and therefore has a naturally acquired a huge % of the market doesn't make it a monopoly. I thought you guys were hardcore capitalists, what the fuck.

Attached: abf.png (491x334, 318K)

You'll buy the game on epic then use steams chat ;)

>m-muh nopuhlee

>Epic has to use steam for reviews
>Epic has to use steam for forums
>Epic has to use steam for mods
>Epic has to use steam for a shopping cart

Attached: IMG_20190322_202133.jpg (474x406, 83K)

Fucking this. People blatantly refuse to admit it, but the zoomer fagtron social features are the real reason why people are scared as fuck that Shiteem will die. Fucking embarassing.

>steam sale starts
Look at this cuck. His sales actually end!
Steam has sales 365 days a year. Cope.

Steam is natural monopoly.
investopedia.com/terms/n/natural_monopoly.asp
Anyway, you shouldn't really use definition of a word when it comes to economic terms. They are way oversimplified

Source, hint it has to be a breach. Not an user error. Also before you post a link you are forced to read what's in it

I don't, even the spyware shit and siphoning your data and Steam friends, stats, configs etc. and being effectively a subsidiary of Tencent is all well within their rights no matter how scummy and predatory it is. Except for being illegal af in places but when has that ever stopped tech giants. I simply see no reason to use it, even less reason to support using it, and so far I mostly see opportunistic publishers and indie devs who might've done better not going for exclusivity deals.

>Persona exclusive to PlayStation
>SMT exclusive to Nintendo
Why does Atlus hate money?

Based beyond normal human comprehension

Attached: 6EC10066-3322-443D-81AA-7CF5FE540FCD.gif (481x481, 126K)

>install Epic launcher
>buy several games
>get banned
Wooow

>A natural monopoly is the only provider
>Valve isn't the only proper in any way shape or form

Attached: smash-reimu-reality.jpg (900x1197, 93K)

This is the only way I'd support Epic games.

>they must lower their cut from 88/12, to 100/0. AKA they don't get a single penny from game devs, and willingly do this out of their own pocket. If they wanna fight Steam and destroy the "monopoly" then they can't profit in any way.
>their games are not allowed to require any launchers to download or play.
>they must have every single feature from steam, but better
>they have to apologize for every anti-consumer thing that Tim Sweeney has said over the years
>full refunds on any games that they plucked from kickstarter, to any backers not satisfied with their purchases

If I hate steam for having so many of these issues, why in the hell would Epic get a pass? Answer that you drones.

Attached: 1560396853124.gif (500x529, 715K)

steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/458604254419382186/
>acting like that shit is exclusive to egs
Not this time

>A company with a natural monopoly might be the only provider

That's is stated in the article you fucking retard.

Naive steamlords think all the ERPers moved to discord

>full refunds on any games that they plucked from kickstarter, to any backers not satisfied with their purchases

Kickstarter does not allow refunds. This have nothing to do with epic. Also, epic is trying to provide steam keys to kickstarter backers but valve does not allow it.

Keep crying faggot

Jackie Chan

I never said Kickstarter was to allow refunds. I said Epic has to give them. If it means 100% reimbursement, then that's a bullet they'll have to bite. I'm sure they can afford it out of their billions made on Fortnite.

based chang

Doesn't look like that person is banned tho
He seemed to buy like 12 games in short timespan rather than all of them at once. Strange dude

Not going to happen, people would bitch that they are forced to provide EGS their credit cards to allow refund. But honestly, i doubt backers care much about storefront to begin with. They paid for a game, not for a storefront.

Attached: OP.png (1426x752, 118K)

Epic didn't ban you either, you were simply not allowed to buy more games. The guy you are talking about get unblocked in 15 minutes, not sure if you want to talk about facts but that's what happened

>Not going to happen, people would bitch that they are forced to provide EGS their credit cards
Then kindly ask them what service they'd like to be paid in. Maybe paypal, maybe steam funbucks, maybe credit for GOG. Epic could at least TRY.

But these are the same people who need 6 months to program a shopping cart. I guess I'm expecting too much.

Anyone that says basedface doesn't stem from insecurity and weakness needs to watch this webm until it sinks in.

After a half second of someone the beta immediately goes into fear grimace.

Don't sois love Epic though? What is with soiboys and soigals mirroring whatever meme - that applies to them with completely accurate context - without any regard to context or reason, just mindlessly parroted? Is this another epic attempt at rewriting history, or are you actually just mindlessly spouting it because you've seen it spouted?
Pic related, it's another epic meemee that sois have been parroting back without context. It works on two levels because it's another case, and the original assertion supports the claim you're an NPC.

Attached: NPC.jpg (680x568, 30K)

Would been avoided completely if EGS had a shopping cart lmao
So that steam guy was retarded enough to buy stuff in multiple transaction
In EGS you have no choice than buy stuff in multiple transactions because apparently shopping carts are so hard to code for EGS.
So in a summary
>You have to act retarded if you want transfer ban for few hours in steam
>You have to act retarded in EGS because you have no choice

Unironically why are people making that face? Ever?

Epic
Steam

Attached: 6b5.png (1006x813, 73K)

As opposed to certain steam games basically becoming exclusives due to lazy devs unwilling to sell them on their own, or being forced to buy from steam due to the mods repository being locked behind steamworks?

>Literally on Xbox

Epic is literally DRM though.

note the differences between GOG and epic. gog gives you an installer that you can send to all your friends, which they'll be able to use fully without ever having connecting to the internet, or installing any kind of client/logging into an account.

>Epic is literally DRM though.

So is Steam

OH NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

sup Cheng, remember Tianamen Square?

sekiro is only on steam for pc

>Being a launchercuck

Attached: GOGChad.jpg (1280x720, 350K)

Epic steals nothing, it's developers that have 0 ethics that took Epics bait. If anything be mad at them, not Epic for offering to help out. Valve could've easily done the same.

If you were to start a new store with billions in funds how would you make people use your store?
1. Force people by buying exclusives and making everyone hate your horrible store that was not full featured yet
or
2. Give publishers a better cut for releasing on your store and pay them to add egs in game exclusives to get normie retards who want their special hat

This is what annoys me about Steam users

Wouldn't EGS exclusive still annoy Steam drones?

Chang prease

I'm a steam "drone"
I would not give two shits if a publisher/dev took money to give egs a skin/model exclusive
I just like having my games in one place
If I'm forced to use a drm launcher it at least has to have some quality of life features like cloud saves

nice

Worse, it wasn't the prequels, it was the shittier sequels. I have no idea who could possibly care about disneywars.

yep
say hi to r/Yea Forums my fellow Yea Forumsedditor

kek

Attached: laugh.gif (538x572, 338K)

devs don't get to decide
it's publishers that choose this shit
and of course publishers are gonna pick a deal that offers them a million or however much EGS offers up front because it literally pays back their investment immediately without any risk

Square massacre.

Devs usually operate at a margin from sales. But yeah, if they are under publishers they don't have a right to choose. That involves both egs and steam so i'm not sure what are you trying to say there

They hate us cause they ain't us.

>This guy supported indie devs by buying a couple Humble Bundles but still hasn't gotten around to playing them. Everybody point and call him a fag.

>But honestly, i doubt backers care much about storefront to begin with. They paid for a game, not for a storefront.
if you're dumb enough to back a game you're probably dumb enough to care about achievements and shit I know I am
on a serious note, it makes me doubt devs because if they're in a spot bad enough to take an exclusivity deal the development might not be going smoothly, and they might not have confidence in their game in the first place

Some people get off from acting contrarian. They feel like they aren't NPCs by taking some dumb stance. Steam bad.

reddit tier comedy but funny

Absolutely based.
I couldn't give a fuck if any given game is on the epic store too. I just don't want to be forced to use another platform for some bought out exclusivity.

>Moves the goalposts
typical console tard

>As opposed to certain steam games basically becoming exclusives due to lazy devs unwilling to sell them on their own, or being forced to buy from steam due to the mods repository being locked behind steamworks?
yeah we should blame steam for this not the devs themselves

Everyone ITT is a faggot.

Attached: 1447978316483.jpg (600x600, 65K)

Steamfags absolutely obliterated

Attached: 1556643640571.jpg (1242x1242, 736K)

>go make an online store if you think a shopping cart is easy to implement online
how about you fuck off since you are an idiot baiter

Attached: A29A2688-ABB2-4B37-BCC6-CD775ACAF8B5.png (500x521, 84K)

You know Steam wasn't a store at launch, right? Just a platform to host their games and servers on.

It was a store since 2006.

And Steam launched in September 2003, retard.

There are no exclusives in Steam.

Just about every multiplayer game

How can one man be THIS based?

Attached: 1560945033682.jpg (157x117, 3K)

With Steam I don't have to worry about them actively taking titles off of other stores because they're a bunch of greedy cunts or my data being sold to a bunch of chinks

all that needs to be said has been said

/thread

I don't get it. so he swapped the order. why is it funny? what am I missing

This rice nigga must be swimming in social credit score right now.

Attached: 1537691361269.png (307x437, 41K)

The correct opinion that will unfortunately never happen because of money

It did launch as a store in 2006, just like epic launch as a store at the end of 2018. Fucktard

BASED

Attached: D92D37CC-8F1B-4E54-8FB6-A5DDA39E7A75.jpg (680x480, 91K)

>3th

Attached: 1519598485375.png (765x540, 281K)

Attached: 0622CEF4-848E-4810-A201-FC870DFE1809.jpg (960x539, 54K)

PC gaming is explicitly Reddit faggotry

you cheeky fuck

>PC cucks are commies
what else is new

Nier Automata
No No Kuni 2
Dragon Quest XI
Quake Live
Total War Shogun 2
Rising Storm 2
Modern Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Rising
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2

I can continue

i laughed.

>mfw someone is pirating a game instead of respectfully paying the toll and using one of the agile and friendly platform+drm to launch it

Attached: 1560946831008.png (231x218, 9K)

These people are funding our games bro, leave them alone

Steam unironically stops other places from getting games because pkeks will only buy games in steam. It's why Battlefield is dead on PC

None of the replies to this are contractual exclusives. They just happen to only be on Steam. The publishers are within their right to put them on Epic. It's not Steam's fault if they choose not to. You can't blame Steam when publishers make an independent, uncoerced choice about what platform to use.

Yeah I’m thinking I’m gonna be in the screenshot.

False, it's a monopoly launcher that if you don't use you won't have access to 75% if the PC catalog.

There's no such thing as a game valve has made "exclusive to steam store" unless it's a game literally made by valve themselves you retard
A company only putting their game there is not being influenced by valve in any way to do so, get fucked

They are on steam, and steam only because steam is a natural monopoly. Don't change the parameters of the argument when you get btfo redditor.

Steam is the default digital distribution platform. Any other platform is in addition to steam. So if I buy something on steam, it's just in my steam library like all the other games I buy digitally. But if it's only on an other platform, that now means I have 99% of my bought games on steam... and then I also have this other platform specifically for this other game. It's annoying.

how the fuck are they "coerced" to only put their games on epic you dumb nigger?

This is a stupid argument. Most mods that are on Steamworks are mirrored on Nexus or somewhere else. It's not their fault if you're too retarded to manually install mods.

Surviving Mars, I was playing that last week, has their own mod manager built into the fucking game. They host mods on their own servers. They provide a mod creator/editor WITH the game. They support Steamworks but they don't use it as their main mod repository.

If you don't buy from steam valve makes 0 dollars from the purchase

They arent, steamshills are fucking retarded

Steam doesn't force consumers to buy products from them with exclusivity contracts because their store is shit and nobody would use it otherwise like Epic does

>Valve could've easily done the same.
Which would be a retarded business practice and would almost certainly result in price increases on the consumer end, you absolute mongoloid. Why the fuck would you be mad at scumjews taking unethical offers but magically not mad at the double scumjews throwing around chink money to make those unethical offers in the hopes of strongarming a market position that they can then fuck the consumer with down the line?
Jews are jews son, doesn't matter what end of the deal they're on

That's the literal definition of an exclusive, you dumb fuck. The publisher is paid off to keep the game only on Epic. How do you NOT know this? How are you in this thread without the basic understanding of what an exclusive is and how they come to be? Or are you implying that bribery isn't coercion?

>"Exclusive" by choice because Steam happens to be the biggest storefront and the others that exist won't get as much attention
>NO THAT'S THE SAME AS EPIC FORCING CONSUMERS TO BUY FROM THEIR SHITTY STORE WITH ACTUAL EXCLUSIVITY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO HONEST WAY TO GET CUSTOMERS

Faggot

>Steam doesn't force consumers to buy products from them

False, they don't use contracts but if you want to play most games on PC you have to use Steam.

They got you good steamniggers

Attached: sundowner.gif (640x360, 1.52M)

Alright Mao, that was pretty good.

That's just because of network effects.

>what am i missing
Samefags.

Battlefield is dead because it's a shitty game made by EA. It has nothing to do with Valve.

>how the fuck are they "coerced" to only put their games on epic you dumb nigger?
They're literally offered money to do so, and epic guarantees them a minimum number of sales that they themselves will pay for even if the game sells 0 copies. They get money, they can use fake numbers for good marketing regardless of how well it performs, epic can use fake numbers for good marketing for their platform doing the same shit, it's a fucking racket you absolute retard.
Steam just sells games, they have no other motive besides sell as many games as possible; attract as many consumers as possible with pro consumer focus; make money. This is the same as every online game store. Tenecent do have a motive that is not the same, they are not interested in any of that, they are interested in blowing money and losing money in order to damage the market so that - in their dumbass ching chong dreams - a few years down the line they can have a monopoly on it and set the prices and anti consumer norms and all the other shit.

bribery isn't coercion for one you idiot, they're completely different things. Coercion involves threats or violence.
Secondly, the reason for exclusivity is irrelevant. If a game requires steam to play, it's an exclusive.

>Worst selling platform for most multiplatform releases
>Service gives devs X amount of sales to incentive a release, in the case of metro more sales than both steam releases.

If I'm not "forced" to use steam you are also not "forced" to use the epic store both platforms contain releases that are the only ways you can play them on PC. The only difference is epic games will come to steam 1 year after intial release whereas steam games won't.

>paying for games is communism

Battlefield on PS4 has more population than the combined totals of PC and Xbox by a lot. Tell me that doesn't speak to problems in the PC ecosystem.

>the reason for exclusivity is irrelevant.
1. it's not, you're a retard
2. you can buy any game on steam from most online game stores without steam seeing a penny of your money, or your payment data or any related data. You cannot do the same with egs, if you want to buy a game you have to hand your data over to the chinese government. Nice.

I almost wish Valve would start making exclusivity deals for games on Steam, just to see the logic and utter anal pain that it'd cause Epic and it's drones.

>1. it's not, you're a retard
Ok, please tell me why, as a consumer, I should give a fuck about the reasons a publisher has for choosing which platforms to sell their games on? Because I don't give a fuck what their reasons are, I"m forced to use platforms I don't want to use in any case. It's why I prefer to pirate shit in most cases.

>Tell me that doesn't speak to problems in the PC ecosystem.
Why do you think that's the automatic answer and not say, the fact that the demographics for each of those platforms are WILDLY FUCKING DIFFERENT lol

Because you're retarded. The equivalent of >why should i care about the difference between stubbing my toe and getting stabbed 63 times, they both hurt so whatever
The impact on you is not the fucking point idiot. One impacts the entire market in a hugely negative way and spreads when it's accepted or succeeds to infect more of the market, whilst one does no harm to the market whatsoever and just gets in your way
The picture is bigger than just you son

so you are saying that all these companies signed an exclusivity contract with valve?

that's pretty big news do you have any proof to back that up?

Attached: 1559313110292.jpg (404x363, 15K)

There's a difference between being "exclusive" to steam just because it's the dominant de facto platform to use, vs being exclusive to some podunk little platform that's paying companies for exclusivity rights.
That'd be like saying microsoft has a monopoly on PC gaming because most devs make games or Windows OS and don't bother with others like Linux.

>bribery isn't coercion
I bet you actually believe that. I bet you voted for Hillary. You seem like the type. Bending literal definitions because the truth hurts your teenage pride.

> Epic Store has to buy up exclusives to even get Steam drones to want to use it.
So why have they still not put any features like shopping carts or wishlists? Could it be they care more about getting me to use their barebones as fuck storefront more than they do about giving me a quality service? Then why am I, as a customer, interested in a launcher that doesn't give a shit for me?

These are not exclusive to Steam, because you can buy keys for them outside of Steam and Steam only acts as a launcher for them. You cannot buy Epic Store keys at all (unless the game has a physical release), so games like Metro Exodus are exclusive to the Epic Store.

Being fair, Metro Exodus is now on the Game Pass
>PC sales were so pisspoor that THQ refused to comment on them

Attached: 1551752031135.jpg (631x658, 39K)

See

Attached: 1548873739142.png (1268x1257, 268K)

>Key resellers
Cope poorfag

Reddit the post

>ITT summerfaggotry

i saw and nobody is talking about contracts

do you know what exclusivity means right user?
you don't actually think for example that "pc exclusives" exists right?
you know that pc isn't a company owned by "Jon PC" right?
you know you need to be 18 to post right?

Attached: 1536530287927.jpg (409x409, 50K)

>"if you want to play this game on PC legitimately on this date you must by from our store, otherwise you have to wait a year or get a console I guess :)"

Steam does not do this. Epic does. Any Steam game has the option to release in any other way, they simply choose to release on Steam because it's a large platform and the one that many people choose. They do not literally remove the option to go anywhere else. Epic has exclusivity for games they have no right to force exclusivity on because they buy the devs with Fortnite-bux.

This isn't difficult, user.

Holy shit shut the fuck up faggot, you are attacking the smallest details for the sheer sake of reiling people up.

If a game is on PC and I can only get it on steam it's steam exclusive end of fucking story retard.

This. What Epic does is similar to what Nintendo did back in the NES days, where they fucked over Sega's Master System by not allowing anyone who makes games for NES also have their games on SMS.

There's a difference between a company deciding to use steam simply because it's by far the largest distributor, vs being paid off to relegate their game to an alternate platform that nobody wants to use.

actually some games still manage to get on other platforms like borderlands 3 on stadia, makes me wonder how the terms are written, it has to be specifically against Steam but they would get sued for that

I'm pretty sure Borderlands 3 pulled out of their deal with Epic because of that shit they pulled with their universal sale a while back

are they allowed to do that? if they did there should be more buzz about it
what about metro exodus being on xbox game pass then?

:+1:

I'm still amazed how somebody fucks up a sale that badly. You'd think it'd be easy for any company
>hey guys are you okay with us putting your game up for a sale?
>yeah bro it's cool do it

But no. They put up both BL3 and VTMB2, both of which pulled out, and the Supergiant guys had to raise the price of Hades because they also weren't asked. And then there was the shitstorm with people being blocked out of making purchases because they don't even have a shopping cart, a feature that Amazon had in 19-fucking-99. But what really made the cherry on top was Epic employees themselves trying to wriggle their way out with "a-at least we're better than 2003 Steam"

Attached: 1555529475114.png (350x350, 48K)

>you are attacking the smallest details
>the smallest details

>mfw the definition of exclusive is a smallest detail

Attached: 1535221654023.gif (457x486, 1.93M)

And when you point this out, the epic shill starts spouting his 'but mun steam monopoly!' garbage
I'm sure there's gonna be a 'cope steamdrone!' post after this

>ChinkOS has stopped working and needs to close.
Kek

now that steam has officially been btfo, will we start getting physical games again on pc?

>game is exclusive to ching chong data robbing awful service platform
>game is exclusive to amerifat consumerism based platform
its the same shit, its just that steam smells the least, this will not change during the next decade

>you don't actually think for example that "pc exclusives" exists right?

Sure they do, shit tons of games are excluded from consoles and therefore they are exclusives to pc.

there are no exclusive game for pc user.

the reason why there are game only on pc it's just because the devs didn't bother to port them or because you need to reprogram them hard to work on pad.

there is no exclusives contracts signed to keep starcraft 2 on pc user that's not how it works

A good majority of the greatest games ever made wouldn't exist without consolemakers bankrolling them and providing hardware they could be custom designed for.
Imagine a world where the greatest racing game of all time is... GRID? Project CARS?

how an OP can be this based

>Only console faggots want exclusives.
PC Fags have had zero problems with Steam exclusives for the past decade. Only now when there is real competition are they wetting their pantsu.

EPIC MONOPOLY GOOD STEAM MONOPOLY BAD

Which makes them exclusives... You don't need a contract for something to be exclusive, it simply need to be EXCLUSIVE. It's not that hard really

when we talk about videogames an exclusive is a game that is on specific platforms due to some contract that was signed.

monster hunter is on steam not because capcom made a deal with steam but just because they didn't bother to release also on other stores.
phoenix point on the other end is on epic because a contract was signed.

this isn't really hard user and it's embarassing that i have to explain that

Cool, none of that change the end result and that is all that matters. Obviously, from customer perspective that is.

Yikes and basedpilled

>user rape is when someone fucks you without your consent. if there is consent it's not rape.

>Cool, none of that change the fact that a penis is going inside a vagina and that is all that matters.

Attached: 1543246149465.png (711x664, 314K)

Well played.

>non of that will change the end result
>epic exclusives come to steam and goes on sale for reduced prices
>everybody moves to steam because previous buyers are pissed

What the fuck, this isn't food analogy. But yeah, from vagina a.k.a customer perspective it doesn't matter
The end result of epic exclusivity isn't exclusivity, i can't argue with that.

This, and it's also important to remember that if a storefront needs to pay off a company to gain exclusivity, it's because there's a downside to the company and to the consumer, and they need to be paid off to make up for this. The people defending steam and trying to make the false equivalence of steam exclusivity are comparing apples to oranges. Steam isn't some shit program that companies only use because valve needs to pay them for. They use it because it's a genuinely decent program and also because most people use it, so it's convenient for consumers. Epic's bought exclusivity shit is the exact opposite of this.

And I'm sure sooner or later, the publishers signing this deal with the devil will figure it out. Console-style exclusivity tactics don't work on PC because PC is an open platform, and there's always the overarching competition in the form of piracy. For example, I'm interested in The Outer Worlds, that new RPG that Obsidian is making. But it's going to be an exclusive on Epic. I would've bought the game, but now I'm going to just pirate it instead, because I'm not going to download or support Epic.

this is how you get (you)'s people. learn from this

>the people defending steam
meant to say epic here.

The point is that even if you were right about exclusives needed to force a userbase to form for epic, it will never last, because those games will end up on steam anyway, for reduced prices. This will piss off those who bought the game on egs, so for future exclusives, they'll just wait it out. The end result just enforces the 'steam monopoly' that you idiots love to screech about
EGS launcher and store are so dogshit that the few who DO buy on that store wont stay there for long, further feeding steam
a loyal fanbase isnt something you can get overnight just because you have a game nobody else does. And these games dont even stay exclusive. All they do is piss consumers off left and right. And any store that does this is not long for this world

You aren't fighting with exclusivity. You are fighting with games not being released on steam, you wouldn't give a damn if valve started cashing out to get exclusives. Because you are a drone, not an actual human being. Also pc is an open platform, not because you can pirate but because anyone can compete however they want. But yeah, you can pirate as well

This, there's been people bitching that games were exclusive to windows store/steam/origin since way before epic games store launched. One of the main argument for moral piratefags is that a game isn't DRM free.

That and timed exclusives don't work on PC because PC players can easily just pirate the game and then buy it later on steam. You can't use time preference to goad PC players like with console players due to this key difference.

>Imagine a world where the greatest racing game of all time is... GRID? Project CARS?
Th greatest racing game is multiplat.

Attached: NFSU.jpg (640x908, 77K)

Valve doesn't need to pay people for "exclusivity" because it's the platform PC gamers already use. Epic needs to pay off companies because they know nobody wants to download their shit.

TO THE WINDOOOOOOOOW

>implying pcnigs pay for games

Yes, they don't need to because they are too big to be forced to do that. I was talking about theoretical situation, people defend steam because they like steam. Not because much paid exclusives

Fuck off with your theoreticals. I'm talking about reality. Your false equivalencies only work out on paper where you can write off context.

WOAH CHECK THAT

Attached: 1560703982674.jpg (775x629, 52K)

Attached: every new wojak meme.png (362x376, 25K)

>Your social credit score has increased

no check this

Attached: checkEm.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

Yeah, sucks major dicks. Any kind of game that isn't FOTM meme shit dies in 2-4 weeks on Peecee. What a shitty platform.

This. I don't like the idea of exclusivity, which is why i hate Epic's shitty spyware store

>5 sec wojak edit
>500 replies

>vocaroo.com/i/s00ZjHzRPJ2K
Was totally expecting 1:05

They aren't exclusives because all you have to do is download another free client. Why are gamers this dumb?

A game people remember because of one song isn't even the best in its franchise, let alone of all time

Imagine being this based

Fuck off shill

>this game is steam exclusive! Doesnt matter if the publisher doesnt choose to release it elsewhere, its only available on steam and that makes it exclusive!
>Epic needs exclusives to get users and break steam monopoly!
>No, they're not exclusives, you only need to use epic only to get the game you want, no other store is allowed to sell it! But it's still available on PC so it's not exclusive!
By that logic, no game on steam is exclusive either, now is it?
top lel stop shifting the definition of exclusives when you lose, epicshill

How is a literal bait thread still up and near post limit?

Not him, but everyone knows Persona 5 is exclusive to PS4 without some deal with SONY

Exclusives exist without contracts and only Steam drones would deny this

Cringe and everyone that responded is mega cringe.

t. actual king of the cringe

No shit, the issue is with paid exclusives. If a dev only wants to make a game for a certain platform because they think it's genuinely the best platform for they game they want to make, that's fine.

Attached: 1403804343030.png (499x499, 268K)

+1

But they do belive epic to be genuinely the best long term platform out there, otherwise they wouldn't go with them.

Attached: 1258971796990.jpg (200x150, 12K)

ebin

New thread

>inironic chink store shills
what do you even get from this?

Attached: 1551076706419.jpg (720x811, 56K)

Don't you fucking DARE to forget to include me in the screencap.

have a u
retard