What game should I get Yea Forums?

What game should I get Yea Forums?
Spiderman or God of War for my Ps4 pro?

Attached: godofwarspiderman-600x302.jpg (600x302, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/08/31/the-spider-man-puddle-controversy-is-one-of-gamings-dumbest/
ign.com/articles/2018/08/30/spider-man-fans-are-arguing-about-puddle-sizes
pushsquare.com/news/2018/08/spider-man_ps4s_puddle_drama_is_an_absolute_embarrassment
kotaku.com/people-who-havent-played-spider-man-are-mad-the-develop-1828724400
twitter.com/GilFromUI/status/1053359453708271616
youtube.com/watch?v=SeXJtqRHEqM
youtube.com/watch?v=xxLcoWYpjmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God of War. If you want something like Spider-Man, then buy Arkham Knight complete. Spider-Man is a poor man's vision of the Arkham games.

Skip both. Some of the most boring pieces of 2018 trash.

Is Spiderman really that bad? A friend basically told me the same thing and that it was garbage

no its on ps4 so retards hate it

i have both so i dont know what to tell you

Attached: 20181021015243.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

k lol

Recently beat God of War, just started Spider-Man.

God of War is a bad action game and a bad RPG. It doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be. Go play Last of Us for better story and DMCV for better combat.
Spider-Man is a good open-world superhero game. It's basically Arkham, but way, way faster. It even does combat upgrades better than GoW.

It's not bad, the swinging is fun and the story is great. But he's not wrong, the combat and stealth a poor man's Batman Arkham. Still worth a playthrough if you like Spider-Man, but if you don't care for the character you may not love it.

Both. They're easily and by far the best games from last year. In fact, they were the only good games from last year.

I thought both were worth your time.
Personally I liked Spider-Man more, but the combat is a chore and the stealth is ripped poorly from Batman games.

I beat both and Spider Man was marginally better imo. Doesn't have the slow segments of God of War and both have ridiculously fun combat, but Spider Man wins in terms of control alone.

>Spider-Man is a poor man's vision of the Arkham games.
This is exactly how I felt about it. In Arkham City for example the place feels alive with bad guys talking about shit that you recently did or going on, other bad guys going about their buisness like Deadshot, and there's all kinds of stuff to see and interact with taken from Batman's rich history. None of that is in PS4-Man which is very disappointing as it results in a very empty game reminiscent of the PS2 titles and their limitations.

Attached: 1539472788914.jpg (600x928, 196K)

Haven't played Spiderman yet but when I was playing GoW I felt like being 8 again with the "this is a great game". The visuals are what I was imagining back in the day of SNES and the game is very long too. Just a warning that it's a sequel bait in many ways though. If you decide to play GoW I recommend you turn ALL HUD elements off and also turn auto-lock off with the only exception of your own health bars. The game is much better without the added information.

Why do people still consider buying Spider-Man instead of boycotting it after the shitfest that preceded the release?
The devs lied about the web swinging physics and about the visual downgrades, and as soon as fans started complaining, their marketing team rallied the internet to ridicule the very gamers who meant to buy the game. Instead of going "we did/didn't apply changes to the puddles, the reflections and the lighting in general", their response was "you're all petty infantile entitled incels who only care about PUDDLES!". They outright insulted their target audience and called others to join the insulting.
Also, there was the gays pandering, but I don't care as much about that.

God of War has fucking incredible combat, possibly the best in the genre, and a surprisingly nuanced story. Spider-Man is fun, but pretty par for the course as far as open world games and Spider-Man games go. The combat and stealth are just Bamham but with less depth and polish and most side content feels Ubisoft tier. Both are good, but even though I'm a huge Spider-Man fan God of War is objectively the higher quality experience and far more impressive.

They did, it's true.
People complained about a general downgrade in lighting and then suddenly every smug game journalist had an article about entitled gamers seething because there aren't as many puddles in a screenshot. I also suspect this was a deliberate PR pushback.

>the combat
you know spider-man had that combat first right

retards coming in to bait as hard as they can again?

Attached: 1221323.png (1400x650, 60K)

No. It didn't.

GODS
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY STRENGTH?

Because they didnt attack their audience, the people your talking about were cheering on in the side lines while comepletely ignoring why anyone was complaining at all.

What in my post was incorrect? People did complain about a lighting downgrade and media did try to push the story as whining about fewer puddles.

You know I didn't even mention combat in my post right?

Attached: 1537301589062.png (946x1198, 576K)

That's a big head.

>poor man's Arkham
I never got this argument. The combat is much more aerial and movement focused, which much more in the way of actual combos as well. Arkham combat was also much more defensive and counter focused while in Spider-Man, it's a lot more offensive orientated with you constantly zipping around the map to engage enemies. The only thing I could see might be a "Poor man's Arkham" is the dodge moves that are preceded by a flashing light. But that doesn't hold water either because Spider-Man 2 did that before Arkham Asylum. And again, it's a dodge, not a counter.

Attached: what-in-the-goddamn-fuck-34900986.png (500x743, 600K)

Is he kawii desu uguuu?

You're just wrong. It's the same magnet punch and dodge system except nowhere near as well done.

>The devs lied about the web swinging physics
You go faster dropping from higher heights, gain speed as you swing, and lose momentum if you just hold onto the web. Where's the issue?

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/08/31/the-spider-man-puddle-controversy-is-one-of-gamings-dumbest/
ign.com/articles/2018/08/30/spider-man-fans-are-arguing-about-puddle-sizes
pushsquare.com/news/2018/08/spider-man_ps4s_puddle_drama_is_an_absolute_embarrassment
kotaku.com/people-who-havent-played-spider-man-are-mad-the-develop-1828724400

oh, and here's an insomniac dev
twitter.com/GilFromUI/status/1053359453708271616

Except it's not. Spider-Man 2 has combos, air launches, swing attacks, zip attacks, etc etc. And the dodging again, is a dodging system like Spider-Man 2, not a counter system like Arkham. Again, Spider-Man 2 did it first and here's a video to prove it.
youtube.com/watch?v=SeXJtqRHEqM
You can also see this feature in normal combat as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=xxLcoWYpjmM
I'm about as big of a batfag as you can get, but don't let you're preferences make you biased user.

Attached: gentlemen.jpg (413x750, 35K)

If you are a life-long fan of Spider-Man; Spider-Man. To me it's almost cheating to have a Spider-Man game that simply gets the job done. If you don't deeply love the Spider-Man character the game is still good, but not necessarily fantastic. Pic heavily related.

Attached: spiderman-tas-2a.jpg (500x290, 47K)

They look at this comparison, and with a completely straight face, say the only difference is in the size and placement of puddles.

Attached: spider-man-ps4-playstation-4-puddle-comparison.original.jpg (700x703, 166K)

Both
I liked spiderman better. God of War too slow for my taste but the story was good at least

I thought you guys on Yea Forums were about gameplay.
Always take sneak peaks with a grain of salt, everybody knows that. You can always watch let's plays when the game comes out to see the final result so why complain about such a relatively insignificant thing (to me).

>Spider-Man 2 when I mean't Spider-Man PS4
>>>You're
Fucking Christ I need to proof read more when I'm tired.

Attached: why.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Question:
Fav Spider-Man PS4 combat tactic?

Mine is jumping, getting an enemy in the air with triangle, combo them K.O. and then swing-kicking another guy, trying to stay in the air is relatively challenging. Also the wall jump is pretty OP.

Hold square, x, mash square and the occasional ult when it pops up.

>trash or garbage
Decisions, decisions...

you must be unironically fun at parties

Who wins in Kratos vs Spiderman fight?

They're different games, both good, watch gameplay of both on youtube and see which attract you the most.

>Implying an autist like you even goes to parties

Both are honestly great games. Personally I liked Spider-Man more but that's just cause I'm a Spidey fan.

If you preffer gamplay, Spiderman. If your prefer story, God of War. Both are very good

>Spider-Man animated series
>that episode where thicc Black Cat with her tight black outfit kissed Spidey with her luscious red lips
>7 year old me kept rewinding and watching that 5 second clip over and over again not knowing why it gave me weird warm tingly feelings.

???? Your preference, perhaps????

Yelly angry beard man game or quippy spider boy game?

I haven't played any god of war games yet so i bought Spiderman

>Swing forwards
>Shoot web backwards
>Gain speed forwards
>Shoot web sideways
>Float straight forwards
It's not physics, it's pretend-physics. I don't have the myriad of comparison webms comparing the swinging in this game and the old physics-based game, but one of them showed actually swinging after jumping off a building. In the old game, the swing carried the entire speed of the drop, flinging the player onward and back upward. In the new game, Spider-Man loses all momentum and starts a regular-speed swing.
This game's swinging is not physics based, but it's designed to look like it is, and in such it is designed to feel good and consistent. I can't recall seeing anyone complaining about the swinging while playing the game, which is good for the game and its swinging, but it still doesn't qualify for being physics-based.

Attached: 1536112206249.webm (1138x640, 1.39M)

t.Nintenbro weeb
have sex

Do you want Prototype/Infamous or God of War 4? Choose based on that. Despite the changes GoW is still basically GoW, if you don't want that, don't buy it. The story isn't good enough to carry it if you hate GoW gameplay

it looks better retard

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190111015435.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

I’m a Arkhamfag and I fucking adore Arkham City, but you gotta be dessilusional to think that Arkham games have better combat than Spiderman.
But they are right Spiderman’ stealth gameplay is fucking meh

wont final fantasy 7 remake be like this

This GoW have a very different gameplay compared to rest, and the story is actually pretty good

I bought both game at half price, imo both of them are great.

this

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190415225900.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

I had more fun with God of War, probably because I played all the other games and loved them so much. I love Spider-Man too but God of War has better story and gamplay.

yeah but only until you get the blades then I basically played it the same way I played the previous games. Running around like retard swinging every which way

i was talking about you at parties, not me
im not disclosing my party life on this site

>This GoW have a very different gameplay compared to rest
No, not really. It's exactly the same mix of puzzles and combat, the combat isn't different at all, you just have a new weapon, but you have an old one too. There were multiple weapons in other GoW games too, nothing weird about that. The overall structure of the game is different, but that's just fluff, it's not really important here, it's not actually an RPG, just pretends to be one on the surface level.

As for the story, the setting is good, but the actual story is a man and a boy going from point a to point b and learning some pretty trivial information when they get there.

god of war is overall more enjoyable

absolutely based user
I remember that kiss vividly
I had pretty much the exact same thing with pic related

Attached: df46f351-b39c-49f4-af96-106b791f6de7.jpg (970x546, 96K)

gameplay is fine but as a big spider-man fan I hate and disagree with nearly every story and character design decision the made
it has a lot of sjw/feminism stupidity which ruined the overall game for me

God of War is the better game by far, regardless of whether it’s a shitty movie game or not.

For me, Spidey, but both are great.

Attached: 1536453085214.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

Attached: 1536530271376.webm (750x520, 2.8M)

Attached: 1542595201240.webm (896x504, 3M)

Attached: 1557763272722.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Get both and while you are at it get horizon zero Dawn

>No, not really.
this retard again

I am such a pleb.

Spider-Man but both are worth playing.

Unironically more like the original God of Wars.

>dude just play a dead series instead lmao
don't listen to these people. spider-man is baller af
and has better story, open world, graphics, combat, and upgrade/equipment system than any of the recent arkhams

>it has a lot of sjw/feminism stupidity which ruined the overall game for me

Really? Which part?

Can I get some tips on GOW gameplay for beginners? I'm a casual but I really love games and have been playing for all my life. Spider-Man was pretty easy to beat for me, but GOW I get owned by the second guy who comes at your door. I know I can just figure it out myself but I'm sure you have some nifty pointers.

Attached: 1535396562868.jpg (768x1024, 204K)

You mean baldur? Just parry his attacks, it's pretty easy to do so

just get gud at dodging, 90% of combat is dodge/attack/dodge/attack. For the first half I just got good at chucking the axe as well, just keep chucking it at guys and running away. Worked well for the boss fights.

Also don't ignore runic, it's good shit

thanks.
sometimes im really a dumbfuck.
when i played xenoblade chronicles i fucking dropped the game because I didn't find the break topple daze mechanic intuitive enough. shame because my first session with the game was 5 hours

noted and appreciated

Buy them on sale, get Bloodborne

Runic + cooldown burns everything, even the valkyries

This. Don't even listen snoyfags, it feels like ubisoft half empty game full of retarded unskippable grind
Not even worth your time or money
unless you are nu-spider-man/avengers fan

Attached: 1561070622172.gif (498x278, 1.74M)

yep. especially when those retads buy it

Attached: 1547198324590.jpg (540x564, 98K)

t. polygon

Eh don't feel bad I dropped Xenoblade as well for the same reason though I put a little more time into it.

cool.

Both are good, I had more fun with Spiderman, but I think God of War is objectively a better game, if it makes any sense lol