No good games on PC

There simply isnt any good games on PC anymore.

It used to be that back in the day 2004-2008 you had QUALITY games to play.

HL2, Wow, TBC, WOTLK, warcraft 3, dota

these were games that i rushed home from school to play. I couldnt wait to get back home to play them. I talked about them all day at school. Now?

That game for zoomers is fucking Fortnite.... i tried playing it. its fucking filled with microtransactions and shit tier game mechanics.

Seriously WE LACK A GAME YOU CAN BE PROUD TO SAY YOURE ADDICTED TO in this modern age.

What fucking games are there? I can see it being divided like this

>AAA
Filled with all the corporate bullshit youre used to, sometimes very unpolished and sometimes polished. Any SOUL has been completely sucked out of the product. So even though its better quality than AA and A games. Its still shit because too many corporate things ruin the experience
>AA
Still retains the soul that made the OG ideas. But not high enough budget to realize them. playing these games you see that there was A LOT cut back and you know youre not getting "the product it couldve been if it were AAA"
>A
usually pixelshit, good gameplay but short, and missing the gravitas that makes you like games.

What happened to GOOD AAA games? I remember being BLOWN AWAY by WoW back in the day. Not only was it high quality, had high soul, and was EXTENSIVE!

Seriously Name me a game youre playing now that was as much content, soul and fun as original WOW/TBC.

Theres nothing out there remotely like a game like wow anymore. Closest thing i got recently was DOS2, but that felt more like a AA game as a lot of content was cut

Attached: 20190518065240_1.jpg (1768x992, 438K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1099720/_/
youtube.com/watch?v=IzR3vllw6O0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PC games are fine, you're the one who changed user, your post proves that.

>Seriously Name me a game youre playing now that was as much content, soul and fun as original WOW/TBC.

Can you provide a quantitative measure of the content in launch WoW?

I agree OP, the quality of games has gone down in recent years.

The companies that made great games became industry juggernauts over time and can now afford not being creative and putting effort into their work.

tldr faggot

>It used to be that back in the day 2004-2008 you had QUALITY games to play.
>HL2, Wow, TBC, WOTLK, warcraft 3, dota
>What happened to GOOD AAA games? I remember being BLOWN AWAY by WoW back in the day.
>Name me a game youre playing now that was as much content, soul and fun as original WOW/TBC.

You're just addicted to MMORPG and you just can't fucking play and enjoy a single player game.

what single player game has the grip that wow had? with so many zones.

bro do u not realize how many zones/content/quests wow had? it was staggering, plus world pvp etc

>you

Attached: 9HBZOSI-.jpg (512x512, 67K)

thats so not true. im still the same as before. I want quality AAA games. all i have is shitty AAA games and good AA games.....

Attached: 20190415221017_1.jpg (1768x992, 348K)

the fact you have to categorize games as AAA, AA, A so hard and then on top of it call indie games pixelshit is just proof you have become jaded as you have aged and you can't appreciate games on an individual level for what they are, regardless of what people on the internet say.

when AA studios try and build something close to as extensive as wow they cut so much content and youre left with just a mediocre game

Attached: 20190421141606_1.jpg (1768x992, 570K)

no i just miss BIG games. skyrim is SHIT compared to wow, diversity of zones, a lot of zones, different music styles for each zone.... name me ONE other game

Attached: 20190515120710_1.jpg (1768x992, 439K)

bitch why the fuck are you comparing WoW to Skyrim

cuz wow set the bar so high nothing has come close

Attached: GOTY.jpg (949x364, 34K)

It really just sounds like you have strong nostalgia for wow.

i don't think you have enough braincells to parse the replies you are getting. it seems like the only games that will satisfy your desire for SO BIG LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS are MMO's and GTA5. you should probably just stop playing games altogether so that we don't need to have your opinions on them.

Digital distribution, Valve in particular, ruined gaming.
>HL2
Easily the most over rated game of all time. Over rated, gutted, tech demo walking simulator that was a "cinematic experience" with unskippable cutscenes and popularized cinematic "games" that was also the first case of online client DRM for a single player game even if you bought it physically. It was nothing more than bait to get people to install Steam, and brainwashed drones actually fell for it for a 5/10 game.
If they ever release HL3, it'll be the same case, it'll be bait to get people to use or pay for something like a Steam subscription or exclusive piece of hardware like the Vive.

Your main issue is you're trying to compare singleplayer games to a MMO and that's not going to work because they have to be made differently. For instance, WoW was specifically designed to spread the playerbase across many different zones so that there wasn't too many players in one specific area. By comparison The Witcher 3, a game no one can denounce the quality of, doesn't have to worry about this issue so it was designed so a player could become invested in specific areas.

>QUALITY games
Sucks to be you.

Attached: 1560189522156.jpg (460x332, 38K)

what is wrong with drm free like gog?

This is entirely nostalgia. All the "quality" games you listed are either downright shit or just overrated.

>But not high enough budget to realize them.
That's not true. Your standards there are what rose. Modern AA PC games have higher budgets than old AAA PC games did. They accomplish largely the same things, too. Back then you got even more content regularly cut than you do today. Every project gets content cut somewhere; it's a normal part of the design process, it's just way more visible these days with the internet being more widespread. You're never going to get games with the level of polish of modern AAA games with the soul and experimentation of old PC AA games.
>5/6 are blizzard garbage
Or you're just a drone and always were.

Attached: 1416044728632.jpg (560x407, 44K)

Have you considered that you're just a WoW/Blizzdrone who's upset at the current state of the company? I hate what they've done to their games too but there's plenty of amazing vidya out there right now if you'd put away your nostalgia glasses.

Attached: qIidxNd.png (827x543, 553K)

OP is a blizzdrone fag but people pretending the glory days of PC gaming aren't gone are just deluding themselves.

Attached: history of pc games.jpg (5000x2922, 2.89M)

Aka you are a retard and don't like games anymore.

What is the source on that image?
I have a huge fetish for magic based combat

>tfw keep making custom shit in warcraft 3 to get my fix for creativity
>can't find decent games with spell customization

Attached: mageisbestclass.png (1582x732, 50K)

I fucking hated WoW and WC3. HL2 required mods to have the core part of the game not blow ass. OS2's original plans would have also been impossible even with a full AAA budget and team. Go fuck yourself.

A lot of these games are average at best, you could make a list like that every year.

You said warcraft 4 times man, maybe try branching out a little? I just recently got into ftl and red orchestra, try some new shit

>2004-2008
And what western console found footing in that period? There's your answer. Kinda sucks. Technologically, PC used to be like the old arcades: you could see things that couldn't be done on consoles for another gen or two.

A single player game will never be massive as an MMORPG, get over it.
Try something like Dragon Age Origins, Divinity Original Sin 1 - 2, Kingdoms of amalur reckoning. Those games helped me quitting my addiction for MMO games.

Depends on the year. There's no way you could make lists as absurdly good as 1999 or 2000, for example. 95 and 07 are both pretty great as well desu.

>bro do u not realize how many zones/content/quests wow had?
Who gives a fuck? It was easily 90% padding and fetch quests.

im fine being the jack-of-all-trades platform desu

Attached: luck 1.webm (630x358, 567K)

based retard
kys OP

If you like FTL, check out Fission Superstar X. Thank me later.

all shit you retarded child

i couldnt get into witcher 3 it was too shit

Attached: just waiting on the sale now.png (626x1577, 349K)

Wow you have shit tastes, go on leave no one wants you here

name me some, that are at least 25 hours long

Attached: worth.jpg (602x617, 33K)

>canada
yep, found the problem

this. where are the age of empires 2? age of mythology? where is the diablo 2 and starcraft Brood war?

Attached: sample_4a51b749824a75fc4205233a371d4a2a.jpg (850x1511, 308K)

divinity original sin 2 enhanced edition

Attached: 20190515143705_1.jpg (1768x992, 506K)

age of empires 2 is there you trog

Attached: 20190421121624_1.jpg (1768x992, 377K)

its a 100 year old game im talking about a modern RTS!??!?! huh WHY ARE YOU LYING TO YOURSELF THAT PC GAMING IS NOT SHIT

Attached: 20190426084039_1.jpg (1768x992, 563K)

finally someone who admits it, there is NO GOOD ANYTHING. All creativity is completely dead in the water thanks to publisher and jew meddling. There is nothing to influence game developers to make good shit anymore they just get told to copy what is good and what works because the normie retards will gobble it up and if it doesn't work there is always the chink market.

Then the issue is not the game but you. You have very specific tastes and that makes your life difficult. Like for instance, WoW wasn't even the best MMO of its era. That was Ragnarok Online. WoW made more money though because RO was easily pirated.

>buying koikatsu on steam
>buying super naughty maid at all

We need to go back to niche games that don't sell, that's the only way to refresh the video game industry before it collapses and just makes chinese mobile games.

fuck off with the "no good games" meme
you're just not enjoying them anymore because you've burned out and got the sadbrains
games are fine.
yes corporate online lootbox shit is cancer but all you have to do is not play the games that have it?

all we get are shitty console ports dude

there isn't a single PC exclusive in the last 5 years I can point to and lord over consolefags

but then they dont have the budgets to make the games big and great and youre left with shallow experiences... we just cannot win

Attached: 20190503114241_1.jpg (1768x992, 386K)

a small shallow game with soul is better than a soulless openworld 3D movie game with DLC out the ass

>I can point to and lord over consolefags

So you care more about some stupid almost-religious war between retards and children than actually playing videogames

Grow up and stop forming your identity around loyalty to a hunk of silicon, plastic and metal

games are good. but they arent EPICLY GOOD anymore.

Attached: 20190518071538_1.jpg (1768x992, 394K)

you already know the answer OP
making money requires that games be dumbed down severely to be marketable to a wider variety of players
you dont know this, but you are one of those 'wider varieties,' inasmuch as you entered the hobby after it had been established by others
Im saying it in a nice way, but you are dumber than the original developers and players that created games in the 80s
the proof of that is listing 'HL2' as a good game, when it is just a linear storybook with absolutely no decision making, and low interactivity

not only this, but in order to streamline profitability, the games that require a special PC interface are not selected for development
instead, something appropriate for the even dumber console players and PC is selected, and then ports are made, because they're cheaper than developing an entirely new game

it may be better i agree but does it satiate the thirst? no it doesnt. i want the gradiour of AAA games with the SOUL of what youre talking about

Attached: 20190518065309_1.jpg (1768x992, 385K)

>the only way to prevent an industry crash is to make products that don't sell
Yea Forums is the dumbest fucking board on this website.

I bet you feel like Neo from matrix with your exquisite taste in video games. One man vs 99% of the world who enjoyed the shit out of hl. People (especially your crush) finds you mysterious and superior to all the fucking sheeps walking aimlessly, consuming every shit in sight.

why the fuck does it matter if its exclusive or not if the game is good? oh no the orange box got released on consoles now HL2 is a bad game boo hoo, you sound like an idiot.

>Wow, TBC, WOTLK
Literal zoomershit in comparison with old-school mmos like UO or EQ
>dota
Zoomershit for those who found RTS being too hard.
Fortnite will fit you just fine.

so tired of absolute mongoloids using this as an argument, imagine not being able to see the drop in quality

except it's true, are you reading the OP's arguments? He just wants to relive nostalgia he had as a child, when you get older your perspectives on shit change and you can't recapture that same feeling.

I played the fuck out of the original EQ on launch and I thought it was the most amazing magical game ever made, with endless lands and incredible things to see. I replayed it with the most recent progression server release and I hit max level in like a month and got bored because it felt so tiny because I knew all the shit I knew as a kid. It's not a cop out, it's just how that shit goes.

all these mad zoomers in denial in this thread shouting nostalgia holy shit
WoW was kiddie garbage even back then but at least it had some polish etc
games in general and especially on pc have become really bad

you just proved me right though. The games in the past are shit now. So we need new games that capture this feeling of scale and gradiour but we DONT have that. He have shitty AAA cash ins, AA games that cant offer the same level of polish the old AAA games did and shitty indie games like bloodstained which are good but lack in other areas. the last time a solid true 10/10 released was fucking decade ago

Attached: 20190518005941_1.jpg (1768x992, 297K)

that's okay we still get em still

Attached: 1465040741493.png (1000x750, 460K)

>Koikatsu at the top
lol'd

Anyway I used to be you OP, until I left the sorry state of big AAA games behind and jumped ship to slightly obscure RPGs and dungeon crawlers.

>we lack a game to be proud to be addicted to
well I never felt pride, I like litera all kinds of Japanese games after all. Once you throw away any dignity, fun awaits. E. g. with Atlus and NIS games.

If all japshit is too gay for you, I suggest you look at classic CRPGs like this, rpgcodex has a list and all.

Attached: MM6TitleArt.png (600x337, 158K)

I wouldn't be pointing and lording if the game wasn't good.

An example was STALKER. That was a game that none of my friends could play back in the day, because it was PC only and wouldn't run on anything but my 8800 Ultra.

The console wars are just taking the piss, nobody actually takes it seriously except for poor children.

you're ignoring what i'm saying and creating your own context. the games in the past were good for their time, just like there are games now that are good for their time. but since you've become a jaded crusty cunt you can't enjoy any game because they aren't as magical to you as an adult as they were as a kid.

>the same level of polish the old AAA games did
Ultima IX was nigh unplayable and that was an AAA game. You have no clue what you're talking about, just shut the fuck up.

Meanwhile in the land of not being an utter retard, Age of Wonders 3 is one of the best 4x games I've ever played and was easily better than any other fantasy 4X.

>le you're the one who changed ;P
you fucking corporate cock sucking mongoloid, games are strictly worse now, Capcom is maybe the only company that's made anything like oldschool games. Everything now has an agenda, microtransactions, or other dogshit attatched to it.

literally this. like capcom actualy made a FUN single player game

>we DONT have that.
Honestly, we do have that. The issue is that some people have extremely narrow tastes and need everything to fit into that.

Personally, though I have had a blast with several games in the past three years like Devil May Cry 5 (best in the series), Original Sin 2, and Mario Odyssey. Not to mention there are plenty of games I'm looking forward to coming out like Doom Eternal, Baldur's Gate 3, and Dying Light 2.

>I only play AAA games

Sucks to be you.

Windows has 30 years of backward compatibility, why do you care what year something came out? Find shit and play it. If you dont like new shit dont play it. What's with the arbitrary factors you have to pin on a game to play it?

>Devil May Cry 5 (best in the series)
i played it and i had fun same as you but you cannot tell me it is on par with the old games like WoW. Shit man half the levels are in the quilotph tree and just recolored versions of it. Yeah the environments fucking suck dick. The area where V fuses with demon king looks like straight up ps2 tier. Its never a perfect experience, cuts are made
>Original Sin 2
probably the best game ive played yet it still feels way smaller than wow even with all the content. not bashing it just the lack of budget shows
>Mario Odyssey.
lmao just stfu already

Attached: 1488071819434.jpg (625x416, 57K)

except all the games that don't retard

bitch now you gonna fucking compare DMC5 to WoW? Your skull cavity must be a fucking void.

what games?

>comparing DMC5 to WoW
Holy shit the brain damage on this one. You just really like WoW and instead of playing it you complain like a retard. You act like a normalfag who thinks that Skyrim is the best game ever or like those people whos taste is puddle deep so they latch onto single game and dislike everything else.

You sound whiny, OP. Also dunno why are you comparing everything to World of Warcraft even whent the genres are different.

Get fucked OP

Attached: 8680c7e656a888952d59ff48b4b4f0f07f85fcf5e49e0bff98f746bdfe8c83ba.png (526x800, 470K)

Yikes! Who let the casual corporate dicksucker in?

... by men!

Attached: 1560286782572m.jpg (723x1024, 142K)

I think WoW is shit so yes I fucking can tell you exactly that. Why should I give a shit what some braindead WoW fanboy thinks?

Literally any game is better than wow

>cuckold sissy captions

back to discord tranny

ok boomer
also, how many digits are on that scale?

mordhau

literally same shit as chivalry

>Comparing skyrim to an MMO.
>An MMO being good, EVER.
No sir, I do not agree.

Attached: 1556101933891.jpg (380x380, 50K)

>not bashing it just the lack of budget shows
It's not a lack of budget, it's having realistic content goals. Both OS1 and OS2 are longer than the vast majority of RPGs, and really, both of them on their own have more worthwhile content than vanilla WoW or any individual expansion when you filter out the empty space, natural time gating, and all of the shitty quests WoW had.

>smaller than wow
What is that supposed to mean?
If wow was a single player game, it would feel completely devoid of content, it has nice environments for sure but quests are just braindead and writing is pretty much non existant.
At some point you have to realize that there's a difference between a game designed to be played once with a beginning and an end and a game designed to be played forever where the multiplayer aspect of it makes for the lack of quality content.
The only way you'll be able recreate the feeling of playing wow for the first time is by finding another MMO you can get immersed into.
That happened to me again with Gw2 when it came out.

You missed my point. I was throwing out games from different genres to show that my tastes aren't so narrow. If I wanted to make a WoW specific comparison, I would have to bring up a game like XIV but I haven't played as much of WoW as I have of XIV to do so. Plus, I know for some people that played WoW, open world PvP was huge deal and that makes it an instant lose for XIV in their eyes.

Also, Odyssey is the best 3D Mario fullstop.

games I've played the last couple years that have been great without the corporate bullshit.

Mordhau
Sekiro
Baba is You
Slay The Spire
Into The Breach
Risky 2 (even though its not done)
Islanders
Katana Zero
Sunless Skies
DMC 5
TABS/TABG
MHW
Subnautica
Obra Dinn
Rimworld
Frostpunk
Stellaris
Civ 6
Moonlighter
Dead Cells
Prey
ToME
Hollow Knight
Barotrauma
Mothergunship
DOS 2
RE 7
Nier tomato
Cuphead
Observer
Ruiner
Rain World

Honestly there are so many good games out you can play on PC right now, and this is just from the last 2 years pretty much. You have to be a jaded nostalgia cunt to not see how many great experiences there are out there right now. Including tons of shit people probably skipped over, but it's not muh WoW so retards like OP are blind to this.

But better
with unbalanced maps

good list.
dont pay to much attention to these burned out attention whores. its their own fault for not beeing willing to engage with games that arent ubisoft or EA level of garbage in scope.
i would add xcom and kingdom come to that list.

also this list doesn't even include all the amazing traditional turnbased roguelikes I've played the last few years (except i put ToME on the list) because OP would complain that there are no graphics so it is immediately a bad game

Let me try a crack at it - Looking at the games you've listed, what I enjoyed mostly from them was the 'community' aspect. Games with dedicated servers, a host of custom-made modded content made by the community, for the community.

Warcraft 3 - Custom maps (Dota, run kitty run, uther party, Orc Gladiators)

CS/HL - Zombie Escape, Surf Maps, RPG maps, Old school GMOD (Before all this zoomer trouble in terroist town shite)

Halo 3 - Jenga, Infection, all forms of fun little custom maps.

WoW - (Yes it is a staple MMO of its genre) however WoW can be enjoyed in multiple variants as shown on P-Servers created by dedicated fans. (Or thieves *cough*)

>GM-Servers for building new places or generally messing about.
>GM-RP Servers - Basically SecondLife but WoW
>FunServers
>PvP servers
>Custom PvE Servers
>Machinima

Sometimes I just wanna dick around with a game, and its has been a lot of these community-created content that has spawned into these massive game giants from community-modded origins.

Fortnight is a fun game in its own right, but it isn't what I'm looking for. What do you say user?

You have a resemblance of taste, so try INFRA.

I MISS IT BROS, HOW DO I GO BACK??

Attached: 27165-half-life-game-of-the-year-edition-windows-inside-cover.jpg (1600x1007, 418K)

played all those games, meh. Nothing on that list is amazingly good.

diablo 2 is poe which is still being updated with more content, not really my thing, feel like the gameplay in these types of games tends to get pretty repetative due to the duration to gameplay diversity ratio, but maybe I'm playing wrong. Finished it once from what I recall, and then I was pretty much done with it, couldn't get my self to go through another run of it, which is probably similar to diable, if not slightly better. age of empires 2 got a definitive edition to bring it in to 2019 from what I recall, better graphics over all. Star Craft got a remake, warcraft 3 is getting a remake, desperados is getting a new game if you like commandos style strategy games, recall a few other rtses coming out, but they tend to be ignored, probably because not that many people play RTS, I used to, but I tend to gravitate to RPGs and games with a story you can influence through your actions/choices. And those tend to take a good 100+ hours to finish some times.

What are some good games, user?

out of all oif these, only into the breach and risky 2 are any good and they are shitty indie games that lack the scope of wow

cuphead was goty

"Epicly Good" got an example? Been playing games since, probably kinder garden when I had things like light guns, super mario and that magnetic tape game console.

Witcher 3, Dragons Age, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Fallout, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, fucking Pokemon

You not being able to see good games does not mean there are none.

the problem the jaded nostalgia cunts have is that they have to compare every game to some other game for them to feel some investment in it. they are incapable of looking at a game based on its own individual merits and the experience it creates.

That reminds me that Xcom 2 is somethign I need to finish, I could see that game being something you can replay a lot, espeically with all the mods out there.

Attached: 1493945991879.png (466x578, 314K)

>comparing MMOs to single-player games
I hope this is bait.

i will give you red dead, and pokemon crystal

the rest dont even come close u fucking corporate shill

post you favourite games if you feel so superior, reddit.

clearly isnt a game as good as WOW since you had to be reminded to go finish it.... if a game is truly good youll binge play it until its beat skipping work/school/family

Honestly, I will defend Ubisoft as they do make some pretty good games. They just always comes with flaws. So while they will never release a legendary game or even game of the year and they do have microtransactions, you can easily spend 60 bucks and get an enjoyable 100-200 hours without spending an additional dime.

last games that gripped me to the point where i had to keep playing them, satying up late, missing work for were the following

Cuphead, Sundered, into the breach, DOS2, guacamelee 2, axiom verge,yakuza kiwami

PoE is Titan Quest which isn't the same as Diablo 2.

store.steampowered.com/app/1099720/_/

This!!

Attached: face of steam2.jpg (780x515, 417K)

>Kiwami, not 0, not 2
>Cuphead is on the list
>Wasted Potential The Game and Sequel to Memefest over Hollow Knight
At least you had the balls to post it.

Mordheau
Anno 1800
Three Kingdoms
Battlefleet Gothic
Amid Evil

Might be also elitism, I don't fucking know.
There are some decent modern games out there, but people are fucking angry because it's not like their old "good" games.
There's a game that I used to play a lot because I didn't have that much else to choose form. Nowadays? I've noticed just HOW slowly it plays.
There's also a decent amount of games that I had problems as a kid, but now that I am no longer fucking half-brained idiot, they're so easy.

>dragon blowjobs

You're retarded and don't know how to search for games to play. I'm enjoying both kenshi and underrail, both came out in the last 2 years and exclusive to pc.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

where?

The only good game announced during E3 was the new Flight Simulator.

They're trying to make up for the last gen where they outsoursed their stuff and everything turned to shit.

>WoW
Nope, don't even wanna touch that. MMOs are either all terribly implemented or just flat out bad even as a concept, since I've never seen one, a single one, that I felt like I'd want to pay a monthly fee to mess around in. Now deus ex man kind divided I stuck to untill the end, it was good, but sadly short, witcher series probably has over 300 hours of my life. tf2 about 2500.

Attached: 1557111481594.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Wish I had a friend like you, my list is the same pretty much.
I'd add:

Shadow Tactics
Factorio
Grim Dawn
Outer Wilds
Kingdom Come
Cryptark
Cultist Simulator
Endless Space 2
Probably more I can't remember.

And the best part is that I'm still hyped for some upcoming games, mainly Desperados 3, Silksong, the Sinking City and of course that cyber punker game coming out next year.

I guarantee film and television fans went through this same growing period once the medium was established. Like Star Trek fans bitching about TNG when it came out because it doesn't have muh captain kirk.

The "back in my day things were so much better" mentality stems from people being unable to look inward and understanding that the things they enjoyed in their childhood will always still be there, but the magic that created that nostalgia won't. Once you are able to cope with the fact that that will never be replicated and things should not be compared like that you will be able to enjoy things a lot more on their own merits, and live a much more enjoyable life as a result.

>half life came out same year as duke nukem 3d
>just a year before blood and shadow warrior were released as well

Fuck anyone who says it was just a glorified tech demo, that game was ahead of its time

Shit I can't believe I forgot to add Factorio to my list. I put like 70 hours into that game the first couple weeks I got it.

Attached: ballisticng3.webm (700x524, 2.95M)

>these were games that i rushed home from school to play. I couldnt wait to get back home to play them. I talked about them all day at school. Now?
>That game for zoomers is fucking Fortnite.... i tried playing it. its fucking filled with microtransactions and shit tier game mechanics.
>shitting on zoomers when you literally ran home from school to play shitty video games the same way zoomers do
You are no better than them and zoomers will be making these same faggot threads in 5-10 years complaining that gaming will never be as good as it was in 2018

Attached: mordhau ps4.png (726x536, 18K)

You mean Quake, user?
Duke 3D was 96, Half Life was 98.

Max Payne killed good games.
Prove me wrong

Attached: max payne.jpg (766x978, 159K)

>baba is you
I like you.
>Spore
as much as I like Spore, its release was a fucking mess.
also what the fuck, Fallout is older than GTA

shit i wanna get laid at E3, where the booth babes at?

>he says that when Baldur's Gate 3 got announced

Attached: STR INT DEX.jpg (640x480, 84K)

Seriously Baba Is You is one of the best puzzle games of like the last 20 years. I'm hyped for Noita because the Baba Is You dev is working on that game too.

All the games you mention still exist and are still playable

The last 3 successful video game genre aka, MOBA, Battle Royale, and Auto Chess were created on PC.

Shhh, Baba is You sure is very good, but actual best puzzle game of last 20 years is DROD series.

but those are trash genre

it's funny because two of those genres literally stem from WC3 which OP and nostalgia cunts are pining for.

>Back then
>lol, there is only The Sims and WOW on PC!

RTS is somehow the same as autochess simply cuz made in dota 2 arcade which is based off WC3 arcade... what mental gymnastics.........

Attached: 1558726494037.gif (600x338, 771K)

Did it seriously take this long for someone to point out older games didn't cease to exist. OP is a fucking mong.

Fuck off MMOshitter, you will never get that $20 per month back

Autochess is based off of pokemon defense, a WC3 custom game. 90% of peoples nostalgia for WC3 is custom games anyway

Monster hunter world is really good though.

My backlog is literally so filled up I will not play over half of my Steam library until I die.
Get better tastes.

>There simply isn't any good games on PC anymore.
There is no good games period. I used to have all consoles and top PC. Just free yourself from this shitty hobby. Try to create something, or monetize thing that you love to do.

WoW and MMOs suck dick.
Die in a fire with rest of low IQ degenerates.
Real men play strategy only.

i wish there even was good strategy games

You can't go back. You need to BRING it back.
Be the change you want to see.

Make.
That.
Game.

CSGO is the best version of counter-strike so far, and the best multiplayer FPS

And it keeps getting better

Attached: 0D0rH1Q-XQAMHT6j.jpg large.jpg (672x960, 102K)

but pc has... ummm... fortnite at 144 fps? also... runescape?

Just got done practicing some DMC5 Bloody Palace. You sound really sad, OP.

>thier
>way to instead of way too
>absolutly
yikes, were these made by an am*rican?

>They don't make good Avengers movies anymore
>Good AAA games
>Soul
>I want to be addicted to a game
It's clear that you can't appreciate "good games" if that's the criteria from where you judge games.
I won't even bother listing some actual good games, you don't deserve it.

>You are no better than them and zoomers will be making these same faggot threads in 5-10 years complaining that gaming will never be as good as it was in 2018

Yeah that's true. I remember people in 2012 used to joke about "If u remember MW2, Skyrim, and Minecraft ur childhood was awesome", as if in a "holy shit can you imagine the day" way. Then nostalgia for those games indeed came true in 2018-19, with early zoomers posting childhood memories of those games.

As much as Yea Forums hates it now, there will be Fortnite nostalgia threads in 2028-2029.

Well, there simply isnt any good games on the consoles anymore.

Quake is also 96? Q2 is 97

its gonna be 20 this year you stupid fucking boomer

none of the games you listed were good

Okay, now name a good console game.

There simply isnt any good games anymore.

>these were games that i rushed home from school to play. I couldnt wait to get back home to play them. I talked about them all day at school. Now?
Now, you aren't in school anymore.

>Seriously Name me a game youre playing now that was as much content, soul and fun as original WOW/TBC.

I can't honestly the only game I put this much time into is Dota 2 and I hate that fucking game. Video games are shit now thanks to normies.

Attached: 1540240516389.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 28K)

It's just your shit taste.
Some people DO NOT ENJOY platformers, slashers, fightings etc

>AAA 15 years ago: put half the budget on development, half on marketing
>AAA today: 9% marketing, 1% development, 90% bringing washed out celebrities to appear in the game and come to silly conventions
You can't dispute the fact that bringing celebs gives absolutely ZERO game value, and you can't dispute the fact that it takes shitton of of money. This is already proving a drop in quality as they clearly changed their priorities.

youtube.com/watch?v=IzR3vllw6O0

this ignores basically every other post on this thread. for every game that has some celebrity in it like death stranding or cyberpunk there are literally hundreds of games that DON'T do that kind of shit. your argument is retarded.

>level up! You are now level 6
>that means you get that spell that create 10000 fireballs that do 1000 dmg each in every direction. When they explode, every fireball spawn a miniature burning diablo that runs around hitting enemies for 5 seconds. When done, these diablos break into nova, which then turns into tornados that do 1000000000000000 damage per millisecond + freeze. When done every tornado turn into big explosion that kills every single creature in level and drop legendary loot
>also lote of purple lights all over the place
>spell is called fire bolt, it cost 1 mp
Shit mod for chinks who love flashy bs

Attached: screenshot63.jpg (800x600, 298K)

Ofc there are exceptions and good games, but there an undeniable shift in market direction, for the worse. I don't agree with op that "everything sucks", but he's right about a massive drop in quality.

>HL2
>Quality

Take your tech demo and fuck off.

>I want to go back

Attached: IMG_7819.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

Playing good games is like having a fresh foreskin covered cock and peeling it back for the first time

playing modern games is basically being circumcised

>food analogy

>That game for zoomers is fucking Fortnite.... i tried playing it. its fucking filled with microtransactions and shit tier game mechanics.
Fortnite is a good game desu

AAA 15 years ago
>Low poly assets and characters
>Simplified animations
>Small linear worlds
>Washed out textures
>Baked lighting
>Simple particles
AAA today
>Detailed high poly assets
>Huge maps/open worlds
>Shit ton of animations and mocap
>High res textures/Photogrammetry
>Dynamic Lighting
>Complex particles
>AAA today: 9% marketing, 1% development
Yeah sure. Because making games today is much easier and cheaper than before right? Especially considering than nothing really changed since then.

>there are no good games
>doesn't even tell what genre he like

You rushed home for Half Life 2 and WoW? Jeez, I'm happy I didn't grow up in that great drought period

This is why wowfags are a plague
You did nothing but play the same garbage game for a decade grinding the little bit of your mind away and now you wonder why you can't enjoy anything else when it isn't like wow

1996-2004 was objectively the golden age of gaming. But good/great games still occasionally come out. Technology and polish are better, but games are deriving from other modern cookie cutter shit instead of all the best stuff ever made.

>QUALITY games
>Half of the list is MMO shit
>Two of the remaining three on the list originate from the same developer
OP is a relapsing blizzdrone, move on

>2004
Motherfucker, you are years too late.
PC had a slew of amazing exclusive games starting from 1994 till 2005. Then consoles and Halo came out, people became brainlets and things went to shit.

>This thread
I believe OP has a terminal case of shit taste, I move to euthanize immediately to prevent further self harm.

Attached: 1560749967560.gif (2192x2192, 362K)

>both of them on their own have more worthwhile content than vanilla WoW or any individual expansion when you filter out the empty space, natural time gating, and all of the shitty quests WoW had.
That's the problem with MMOtards; they think the repetitive and continuous grinding/time gating constitutes as 'real' content

As a zoomer who only got to play Planescape for the first time on my smartphone, no. Unironically they don't make em like they used to anymore.

There are containment threads for people like you OP, go there instead of killing threads so you can have a tantrum over not being 12 anymore.

PC game is fine, you are just a big fucking faggot, I'm happy with the most niche releases, I have autism simulators and classic throwbacks.
AAA games are shit.

Attached: 1534174955860.png (215x235, 37K)

Dunno man.
Been making some good $$$ on YT by playing exclusively on PC and enjoying every moment.
Your taste is probably too mainstream to give a real chance to games outside of what everyone else play.

Always breaks my heart when these old blizzdrone models finally blow their fuse

>complains that there are no good games anymore
>refuses to admit that he is just jaded by the medium
>or simply not impressed by it as he is now an experienced player

Meanwhile me, a connoisseur, a bloomer, a high energy person enjoying his life as I plow and enjoy the fuck out of every new and old game that catches my eye.

Here I am, having a blast playing Dusk, Amid Evil, Divinity OS2, Resident Evil 7, and there I was, just last year, having a blast with Kingdom Come, Subnautica, Prey Mooncrash, the Yakuza series, and so on.

Every game feels like a new world to me, a reinvention of the old or an innovation of the present, I see the environments in Amid Evil and I think, that's some sick ass cool shit, I headshot a fat guy from a mile away while doing a backflip in mid air in slow mo in Dusk and I think, that was some sick ass shit right there, I see my boy Majima walk away from his qt blind gf as he doesn't want to drag her into the underground lifestyle and I think, my nigga that's so sad but cool I feel bad for the lad.

Games are fucking amazing, games are fucking cheap, the hardware to play them is fucking expensive but that's cool, feels worth it and I feel great working to support my hobbies and enjoy it every night and weekend. SO FUCK YOU, GO PLAY SOME GAMES, try new genres, broaden your tastes, your horizons, because I FUCKING HATE closed minded niggers like you who just sit and complain that gaming is not what it was. You know what, no, it isn't what it was, it's different now, Better? for some, for me it is because the old it's still there and I greatly enjoy the new.

Fuck you, go play some games, stop plastering your sad shit over the walls because it makes me MAD

Attached: USAGI IS FUCKING PISSED.gif (450x338, 944K)

Because kids nowadays don't have patience for games like Torment. PC used to be an "adult gaming station". And that's not elitism talking - it's a fact. Trying to install and configure a videogame on a PC in the 90's wasn't an easy thing. Kids never bothered and they mostly gravitated towards 'plug and play' consoles, while PC remained a more "adult" and complex experience - and the games were catered towards more patient, adult crowd - all those adventure games, strategies, RPGs - plus, mechanical limitations prevented consoles from running RTS games and even FPS had to be heavily modified to fit the controller. Eventually consoles eclipsed PCs and there was no point in those complex RTS and RPG games, when the console crowd was right there and with money.

you're a 30 year old boomer
Literally the kind of the meme is made about

>Trying to install and configure a videogame on a PC in the 90's wasn't an easy thing.
One of the most overstated argument by console warriors about PC gaming.

>all i have is shitty AAA games and good AA games.....
imagine the horror.

you just grew up

Any game that was good before still is. The games didn't magically change and there's more and more videogames being made every year. You're just realizing that you've outgrown this hobby but somehow, you're blaming the hobby for it whereas you should try to understand that it's okay to move on to other aspects of life.

Well, maybe we didn't have problems with it, but I knew a lot of kids that were terrified by the prospect of configuring a soundcard in Warcraft 2. Or installing the proper drivers, so the game works in the first place. And there was no internet to help you out then. Although there was a challenge and charm to it. Trying to bother my friend to send me his videocard drivers on a floppy, because my Quake II is not working, was something I remember fondly.

>but I knew a lot of kids that were terrified by the prospect of configuring a soundcard in Warcraft 2.
lol?
How was that even hard? I was 10 back then.
IRQ 7
220hz
5 channels for me

Op is a faggot confirmed

Path of Exile
Total Warhammer
Civilization
Quake Champions

I actually never remembered the config of my soundcard. Doesn't help that it was one of those cheap "no-name" cards that never stood near a Soundblaster. I just kept fucking around with the settings until I heard a sound. But I was determined at least. I understand a bunch of lazy kids seeing a bunch of mystical numbers and symbols and going "fuck that shit" and then buying themselves a console.

The ratio of bangers to garbage in the AAA space hasn't changed much since the term was invented. For every Soul Reaver there's going to be a Daikatana. Also, Torment just happened to be one of the best games to ever be made, so comparing it to any random old game from this century will make it seem like games as a whole used to be better.

>haha look at me I'm smart and everyone else is dumb

>MMO shit
WoW sucks ass and has always sucked ass.

oh yeah, definitely, I played through vanilla wow and later the burning crusade and I don't remember once actually caring or reading what quests are requiring me to do since the questlog is always literally gather 15 of this, kill 8 of that, etc.

> Also, Torment just happened to be one of the best games to ever be made, so comparing it to any random old game from this century will make it seem like games as a whole used to be better.
Basic survivorship bias really

I think we still had a much better ratio of good (or at least ambitious) games to bad games back then. Back then we were allowed to have games like Thief, Deus Ex, Torment or Ultima. Can you imagine Ultima as a AAA game in this day and age?

I have noticed this a lot, since PC gamers are an older demographic, a lot of them are getting tired of games & not blown away by them anymore, so they blame the platform instead of admitting they are tired of gaming

Go take a break from gaming OP, then come back refreshed, you are not 12 years old anymore coming home to play WoW, you can't recreate that

Attached: e5t74w.jpg (1022x731, 86K)

tomorrow children got shut down, you sony fags don't even play your exclusives

PS4 has Fortnite & no Runescape, PC wins

Nothing you care for. Again, your own fault, not the games that are on PC.
There's so much more games on PC than on console that it's not even funny. These comments are always made by consoleposters.

I dont get why zoomers like fortnite so much when I was a little zoomer I didn't really like doing the same thing over and over in games

Ok. The fuck is Fortnite. It's this magical word people keep throwing around and I don't get it. I guess I'm that old.

>HL2
Quite a poorly designed game. Good engine, though.
>Wow, TBC, WOTLK
That's one game, user. One horrible game that is.
>warcraft 3
It's getting a gay remaster this year.
>dota
It's still alive. There are even multiple games on multiple platforms.

You had shit taste at games back then and produce shitty baits now. Have a pity (You).

I think it's disingenuous to chalk it up as "bitter old people". Games became too standardized these days, meanwhile back then there were more experimental and bizarre. Morrowind's bizarro world is considered a no-no since that's not easily marketable. Cool stuff still get made, but I'd argue not on the same output.

That being said, I think Filthy Frank had the right idea, if you want to talk about how "this is real music, the new kids just don't get it" kind of thing, it shows how lazy you are to find something you like. It's still getting made.

I don't know either man. I think it's a mix of
>kids legit like the game
>hip and happening streamers
>Epic maintaining momentum with constant content stream
>skinsanity
>the game is free

It's a game. No need to thank me, user.
100 people shoot each other, last standing wins, you can also build. Also, form your own conclusions about the game.

>AAA
>AA
>A
Sensible chuckles. Keep it up, retard.

>Thief
Immersive sims are sadly kind of a dead genre now, but there's Dishonored. Though they're definitely very different, it's obvious where Dishonored is drawing influence from.
>Deus Ex
Again, immersive sims are kind of a dead genre, but there's still Prey (which channels system shock).
>Torment
Singleplayer RPG narratives exist in spades, now and forever. I would really recommend Divinity, it's great.
>Ultima
Sadly I've never played Ultima myself, but from what I know it's an open world fantasy with some sim elements. So, Elder Scrolls.

I'm not gonna try and claim that games take as many risks as they used to, but I can accept that this is in part because AAA games today are dealing with budgets that start well above 10 million. Honestly, I could imagine a future in 20 years where MMO and Live Service as genres have died out and people reminisce about being able to stick with a single game for 5-10 years because it was actively supported.
>remember Warframe?
Shit like that.

Attached: 1513014186313.jpg (447x447, 156K)

Want to add on top of this and say that the gap between some of these is so big, it doesn't even make sense any more to categorize them like this. I understand "AAA" because that's like peak budget, but not even "AA" since there's so much between that and a Snickers bar worth of budget.

where are the good games in this list user? I don't see any
Face it, the only people who've ever been good at making games are the Japanese

here, problem solved

Attached: osu!.jpg (600x836, 109K)

>Wow, TBC, WOTLK
They're all the same fucking game you retard.

WC3 is a good game, user.

not him but WoW had private servers pre-BC
the reason private servers weren't popular on WoW until later is because the draw for WoW wasn't the game, it was the big community
RO was trash though, the real best MMO of that era was the one I played

Based as fuck. I've almost reached 3.5k pp, having so much fun with this shit

based

Ultima's more in line with DO:S 1/2 than Elder Scrolls, actually. And even Elder Scrolls games themselves are more streamlined - compare Skyrim to Morrowind, not to mention Daggerfall. We went from deducing a proper route by reading hints in the journal to a big arrow saying "THIS WAY YOU MORON".
Still, I would argue back in the day, games were memorable and "good" because they weren't afraid to take risks and try new things. That's why we had so many genrebusters - like Deus Ex, Spellforce, Original War and Sacrifice. Even some FPS games were creative - No One Lives Forever - a female James Bond pastiche taking place in the 60's? What's the AAA game nowadays that tries something new? I can't think of one. It's all indie underground nowadays - and even there we have a slew of games that pander mostly to "nostalgia", while reinventing the wheel.

>WC3
>good game
You are trying to be ironic here, right?

>I understand a bunch of lazy kids seeing a bunch of mystical numbers and symbols and going "fuck that shit" and then buying themselves a console.
holy fuck, good riddance then.

>remember 3 numbers
>hard thing

Attached: Tails brainlet.jpg (438x423, 30K)

>I think it's disingenuous to chalk it up as "bitter old people". Games became too standardized these days, meanwhile back then there were more experimental and bizarre. Morrowind's bizarro world is considered a no-no since that's not easily marketable. Cool stuff still get made, but I'd argue not on the same output.
yet, Kenshi was released one month ago

Keep in mind that OP think Dota is dead.

But it's still an indie scene. Devs would be lucky if it sells 50 copies.
The only succesful indie game I can think of is DO:S 2. And they knew exactly what to include in the game to sell - standard fantasy setting, meme humor, multiplayer, coop, streaming potential.

>Yeah sure. Because making games today is much easier and cheaper than before right? Especially considering than nothing really changed since then
Yes, it's unironically is. Today doing g AAA game with parallax mapping, rays, realtime reflection, fog and every single effect you know is 1000 times easier than making the original Mario back then. Because today there are drag and drop commercial engines. Back then they didnt have them.
Also the way you described aaa 15 years ago shows you're an underage zoomer faggot that never played anything older than fortnite, so your opinion is discarded

>But it's still an indie scene. Devs would be lucky if it sells 50 copies.
?
"Indie'" like you said, were always a thing on PC. And many of them were very successful.
Is Kenshi even selling badly? For instance, a game like tha last Touhou managed to sell 100k units on Steam.

>Because making games today is much easier and cheaper than before right?
are you fucking retarded? the gamong industry is literally the most profitable creative industry in the history of the world

PC games were always inferior to console games and they reached their peak around 15 years ago,the only PC games worth playing these days are either roguelikes or ports.

It was consoles who were playing catch up to PCs. There was a reason why PS1 could never run Deus Ex, Starcraft or Thief.

Dishonored is derivative of Thief, and Thief is still better.

>PC gaming

Attached: steam2.jpg (780x515, 283K)

Attached: pc has no games.jpg (3928x3465, 3.96M)

Again, I'm not gonna try to claim that 8th gen AAA games are taking huge risks. Though I could maybe make an argument that something like Destiny has tread in that direction (at least jumping in to territory that hasn't been completely explored yet). The thing is, that's not really the AAA space's job. Look at the highest budget titles from the late 90s, the first real huge budget games.
FF7, a sequel to a well established franchise.
Torment probably had a pretty standard middle-market budget for the time, but I'll assume that I'm wrong for the sake of argument. It was a relatively standard fantasy RPG formula (with a couple novel twists), albeit executed near perfectly.
Quake, simply an iteration on the previously established FPS formula.
Wing Commander IV, with a sky high budget for its time, was another sequel in a well established genre.
I think we forget that the games that were doing the innovation back then weren't actually the Call of Dutys of their day, they were the middle market titles whose only option was to explore new ways of doing things or die. So the innovation was being driven from the bottom up, with lower budget garbage trying new things and bigger studios exploring them the following year. So things aren't too terribly different from now, there's just a greater budget gap that innovation has to traverse now. An arma mod becomes a small hit, turns into a middle market game, people steal the idea and now we have Battle Royale.

>HERP DERP IT ISN'T A PC GAME IF IT ISN'T EXCLUSIVE

Shut the fuck up OP, you massive faggot. PC is getting more game than ever right now. Japanese developers are finally starting to put effort into their PC ports and bringing all new series like Yakuza to the PC for the first time ever, Microsoft is bringing every Xbox game and Game Pass to the PC, Nintendo emulators are making huge progress and the modding scene is on fire.

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 16K)

Although I don't find gaming that enjoyable any more too, I find the fact that you're a blizzdrone totally disgusting, especially in this day and age.

>some breeds of cats have to go
>this gif is part of the problem
>you are part of the problem
>how can you like retarded obese cats that can't move properly

all shit

This

>

Attached: cuphead ps4.png (489x445, 21K)