Fez

was this really worth getting in such an uproar over? years later it just seems like a fairly mediocre puzzle platformer with a really good engine gimmick.

Attached: Fez sewer area.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

It was mostly Phil Fish being a dick to be honest. And didn't it come out that he'd barely developed the game and someone else did most of the work for him, might be remembering that wrong. But it's actually an alright game, bit flawed - the fucking hit detection on ledges was enough to piss everyone off, it's a fucking platformer you need to get the hit detection on ledges right. But it's an okay game it's just that Phil Fish was such a dickhead on twitter, in interviews ect.

Besides didn't he once try to get everyone on Yea Forums to feel sympathetic towards him only for it to backfire immediately?

Found it

Attached: phil fish.jpg (1527x1043, 498K)

This is such obvious bait. Did people really fall for this sort of thing back then?

Yes and no. You know how this place is. It's just that as time went on it sorta became accepted as what actually happened. It's the problem with this site not having any easily accessible archives. As a result certain things go down in history as internet lore.

It was winning awards that is wasn't even eligible to win.

it wouldn't surprise us if that really was Phil.

He's some rich jew so he probably got another job now. But it blows me away how this guy thought he could talk down to companies like Nintendo. While, they make mediocre games, are leagues above Fez.

Attached: philfish.jpg (650x365, 19K)

He DJs now.

I hate Phil, but Fez honestly one of my favorite puzzle games ever. it's really not much of platformer, but the obtuse Anti-cube puzzles and cryptography shitbscratch an itch that not many other games can.

This
figuring out the language and diving deep into the game's secrets, shit man, that was so much fun. I live for that shit

figuring out the language was fun, it's just disappointing there wasn't more depth to the puzzles. Even NG+ just became another avenue to read codes instead of pushing the envelope more.

yeah true, the
>lmao just go POV mode and see the code
puzzles were disappointing, but shit like paintings having hidden meanings, or the treasuremaps and all shit like that was really fun to me

hi phil

I heard theres still some unresolved secrets in the game appearantly?

just the Black Monolith, which we never got a conclusive reason for the solution. Short of Phil dying and an estate sale revealing design documents for Fez, we'll probably never know why it was.

Didn't he get hacked sometime in 2014 and almost all the design documents got leaked along with all sorts a other shit? Wouldn't the solution be somewhere in there. Also I love how this thread is turning into people reminiscing about Fez and not just bitching about Fish as usual. Y'know if he actually listened to constructive criticism instead of acting like an ass we might've got an even better Fez 2.

Phil Philsh was pretty much a dick, so while I think nobody deserves that treatement he asked for it

this it's honestly a good game, there was depth to the post 32 cube content that was very rewarding. i honestly hate the guy who made YIIK more than Phil Fish these days because at least Phil made a good game whereas that other faggot is a whiny plagiarist hack

I always wanted to play it but never came around to do it.
From what I heard at the time, in the 5 years it took Fish to make Fez into a platformer with no penalty for falling off the platforms, someone has managed to make a flash game with a similar premise that people considered better. Also, one of the puzzles in the game is a QR code, scannable with a smartphone, at a time where you couldn't expect almost everyone to have one. That pissed some people off, similarly to Blizzard's "don't you guys have phones" bonanza.

i really liked the game. couldn't give a shit about drama, but it's a shame there's no sequel

Attached: 2018-07-28-173045.jpg (960x544, 21K)

play myst series - those have a crapton of old lang deciphering and many other wholesome puzzles.
Start off w/ Revelation - it's the most newbie-friendly