After years and years a pokemon game finally hits a home console

>after years and years a pokemon game finally hits a home console
>it's the laziest pokemon game ever conceived

I know Gamefreak is lazy and incompetent, but couldn't a proper studio have taken over this development and let them continue charging 60 bucks for a save slot? Or cooperatively with a developer that does like putting out a quality product.

Attached: soikemon.jpg (1378x1564, 318K)

Where da containment board at

>I WANT ALL 1000+ POKEMON COMPLETE WITH ALL THEIR UNIQUE ANIMATIONS FOR EVERY SINGLE MOVE THEY CAN LEARN
>AND I ALSO WANT PS4 GRAPHICS
>AND I ALSO WANT ALL REGIONS TO BE IN ONE GAME
>AND I ALSO WANT THE POST GAME TO HAVE 5 DIFFERENT BATTLE FRONTIERS
>AND I ALSO WANT FULL VOICE ACTING AND CUTSCENES
>AND I ALSO WANT EVERY SINGLE POKEMON LINE TO GET A MEGA EVOLUTION
>AND I ALSO WANT A UNIQUE Z MOVE FOR EVERY 1000+ POKEMON INSTEAD OF GENERIC ONES
>AND I ALSO WANT IT ALL DONE WITHIN A YEAR

Same shit for over 20 years, what a rehash dogshit series.

Attached: file.png (290x87, 23K)

Sounds reasonable for a multi-billion dollar developer. Chop chop!

I fucking hate that cunt face. Fucking ugly mother fucker.

Dilate, shill.

Yea Forums don’t like a guy being emotional because they don’t have soul

Yes, these are all things the HIGHEST GROSSING MEDIA FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME should be capable of

Especially when there's nothing unique about the vast majority of animations and attacks across Pokemon. Even Coliseum had better than what we are given today

I wonder how this dude feels knowing he's a meme.

He's got to have made a pretty penny on all the people mocking him.

None of that is out of reach of a 90 billion dollar franchise

He's invited to the premier of the new Star Wars movie with all the celebs. He's getting something out of it.

>>AND I ALSO WANT IT ALL DONE WITHIN A YEAR
They could've been working on this for years and nobody would've known/cared about it. It wasn't expected at all because they opt for pissy little handheld devices instead of actual video game machines. The demand was never there so you're pulling shit out of your arse. The game IS absolutely lazy because they had countless years and time to develop it, but rushed it and cut a lot of content for a quick buck on the Switch (since it is a handheld somewhat and the DS line is finished).

He is pretty handsome for a Jewish guy.

Nice. Everybody wins.

Even though you're strawmanning, they have the funds to achieve that and far more. Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise in the world. If they achieved even half of what they could, I'd keep my mouth shut.
Shut the fuck up shill.

Attached: 1535611772007.jpg (395x395, 27K)

Literally not a fucking argument, bootlicker.

Attached: 1559282844992.jpg (600x624, 48K)

>money correlates to game quality

Money isn't going to magically make the programmers at Game Freak less incompetent.

The problem is Game Freak, not money.

Maybe if they didn't fuck around with let's go! they could've implemented some of those features.

>they have the funds to achieve that and far more
No they don't faggot.

They don't have infinite development budget and time because the IP is more than the mainline games, and even if they did, that's not how game development works.

Of all the shit people give Game Freak for, the fucking stupidest is the morons like you who insist that they should be magically able to just do literally everything because "money lol".

Attached: 1480212128799.png (840x453, 413K)

This, but unironically.

DONT MAKE DEMANDS AS A CONSUMER JUST BUY AND SHUT UP

Yet, we all own dark souls

Attached: 510.jpg (367x500, 19K)

They should still at least be able to reach modern standards.

>they could do this with 2D
>but somehow it's impossible with 3D even though 3D is much easier to animate and Game Freak are literally sitting on a multi-billion dollar franchise

BILLIONS user LITERALLY BILLIONS THEY HAVE ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND PROFITABLE FRANCHISES IN THE WORLD but they half-ass their games and do nothing but spout excuses?

Attached: 1534204969644.jpg (1019x641, 105K)

ah yes, those wonderful 2D animations were truly taxing

Attached: ezgif-5-9cdbfbcad380.gif (256x192, 136K)

So get someone else to do it? Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Pokémon Battle Revolution all had excellent models and animations.

Attached: 1536186617500.png (960x712, 302K)

Pokemon stadium

Money is not going to magically make GF good developers.
GF doesn't have budget issues. They're just shit developers.

>I WANT ALL 1000+ POKEMON COMPLETE WITH ALL THEIR UNIQUE ANIMATIONS FOR EVERY SINGLE MOVE THEY CAN LEARN
I'd rather have ~200 pokemon with good animation. Stadium 2 was able to achieve that and that's a two decade old game.
No, we just don't want upscaled 3DS graphics.
That's retarded.
Not important.
Sure. And a skip button please.
Not important.
>AND I ALSO WANT A UNIQUE Z MOVE FOR EVERY 1000+ POKEMON INSTEAD OF GENERIC ONES
Not important.
Or you know, delay the game until it's finished instead of throwing out an unfinished turd every year.

>not using the last 2D Pokemon game as an example

Money can hire better talent.

>t.

Attached: 1555198247750.png (554x496, 28K)

Think constant bitching at them will get the national dex added? First time in forever I'm not buying a Pokemon game. If all my favorites aren't there to battle with, the whole point of the game, then there's no reason to buy it. I hope GF, Masuda, Nintendo, all get constant bitching and bad PR. National dex should be where you fucking start making a new mainline game, and go from there.

If it doesn't change and every Pokemon game is like this forever? I'm done. Fuck 'em, fuck GF, fuck Masuda, and fuck anyone defending this shit.

Hiring more people is only going to result in even worse development.
Do you even know software engineering works?

I don't think he means more, user.

Who are you quoting?

Attached: 3.jpg (338x323, 79K)

>more
Get rid of bad
Hire the good

Attached: 1560999554207.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

>unique animations
they all have existing walking animations, and the new mons don't even have unique animations so there's no excuse there
>I want ps4 graphics
I want graphics that are on par or better than gamecube, which is where the switch lies in power.
>all regions in one game
I mean if free fanmade games like pokemmo can do it, sure.
>post game to have 5 different battle frontiers
1 would be nice, can't even do that apparently.
>voice acting and cutscenes
I want neither of those things, they're why USUM were so bad.
>every single pokemon line to get a mega evolution
I mean those retards got what they want with dynamaxing.
>unique z move
z moves were turned into the dynamax moves so again, pretty much.
>all done within a year
they announced this game in fucking 2015.

This was something that needed to be done eventually. There are too many shitmons already and having them all in one game is a clusterfuck. It's not as simple as you want to make it sound.

By the way, it wasn't Masuda's idea to cut the Pokemon. He said he wasn't happy about it, but they had to do it.
You can blame TPC for rushing GF to shit out SWSH.

Maybe if Pokemon was in Nintendo's control, it would have gotten delayed for quality assurance just like AC or MP4

You're really overblowing this

GF should just hire a different developer to make Sw/Sh for them like they did with Pokemon XD stadium Stadium.

>tfw Pokemon finally got too big for its own good and is literally imploding
Did those silly Japs think they could just keep adding hundreds of new Pokemon forever, forever pleasing their ever growing fanbase?

Attached: 1561431004551.jpg (1284x980, 259K)

>no Pokémon game with strong protagonist

Attached: 6A1F72F4-0611-42B9-92F8-0326A6F4BBB7.jpg (588x771, 137K)

GF doesn't call the shots on that.

i want all 1000 plus pokemon but they can reuse animations as long as it isn't a simple hop or moving the model around
gen 7 looks amazing through citra, all it needs to do is tone down the saturation and not run like shit
I'm asking for kalos postgame at most considering how britain and france are close to each other geographically
1 battle frontier and a place to get easy exp is enough
fuck no, just make it a story about getting the 8 badges and becoming the champion, sun and moon's story was ass
the only mons that need a mega are the ones that could heavily benefit from it
z-moves suck and having megas make them obsolete
we need sword and shield to be delayed, bringing back old spinoffs could pass the time

Attached: 1551589088136.png (1177x668, 598K)

Based.

Attached: studying the blade.jpg (353x417, 36K)

>XD
Fuck off, Facebookfag.

how much money has that star wars fag made from his "reaction vid"?

oh no no no no

Attached: 1553710574917.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>that one that spins in place
every time

Attached: 1561003594429.png (326x327, 247K)

>>I WANT ALL 1000+ POKEMON COMPLETE WITH ALL THEIR UNIQUE ANIMATIONS FOR EVERY SINGLE MOVE THEY CAN LEARN
I just want all 1000+ Pokemon. I turn animations off because they take so damn long especially in a game with this many battles. Better animations would be nice though.
>>AND I ALSO WANT PS4 GRAPHICS
I don't. I want graphics at least on par with a couple other Nintendo games. Not even necessary though, graphics aren't even a huge concern for me in JRPGs.
>>AND I ALSO WANT ALL REGIONS TO BE IN ONE GAME
Just make this one a good region instead of Alola V2. I'm not expecting all of them, I'm expecting one that's actually good.
>>AND I ALSO WANT THE POST GAME TO HAVE 5 DIFFERENT BATTLE FRONTIERS
Never bothered with Battle Facilities except for Black Tower/White Treehollow.
>>AND I ALSO WANT FULL VOICE ACTING AND CUTSCENES
I do not, please do not put in more fucking cutscenes
>>AND I ALSO WANT EVERY SINGLE POKEMON LINE TO GET A MEGA EVOLUTION
Just bring back the existing ones, poor Mawile and Beedrill need them
>>AND I ALSO WANT A UNIQUE Z MOVE FOR EVERY 1000+ POKEMON INSTEAD OF GENERIC ONES
Don't care about Z-moves, but ideally some key ones and some status ones would be nice.
>>AND I ALSO WANT IT ALL DONE WITHIN A YEAR
I would gladly accept a 5 year delay if it meant the game would actually resemble a decent game in the slightest.

As you can see, my standards are pretty low. Just delay the game, make a region with decent gameplay, and keep all the species. Graphics and postgame battle facilities aren't my concern.

I have played every pokemon gen and I am unironically looking forward to this game. Ask me anything

Attached: 1331315583520.jpg (500x375, 22K)

>people suddenly care about battle animations when everyone turns them off anyway

Attached: d91.png.jpg (949x841, 54K)

Anyone got pics of that Pokemon mockup with clear menus ala Blue Reflection and a more BOTW-like field. I think there's like two, or three pics

Not much you can ask someone with a mental age of 5, sorry user

But I never turned them off?

Attached: __rurina_pokemon_game_and_etc_drawn_by_mahito__sample-107c633feb8fc1a3091316c3f2c8e54e.jpg (850x1129, 157K)

This is some kind of bizarre double bait

>mfw all that wasted money buying 3 versions of the same game throughout the years
I'm a fucking retard.

Attached: 1508872485147.jpg (670x701, 139K)

I only want like 2 of these things

>when everyone turns them off
absolutely nobody does that

>make the programmers at Game Freak less incompetent.
They're not incompetent though. Faggots keep claiming they are based on some fake news built around misunderstanding the way games work.

The real problem here isn't the money, the programmers or the artists.
It's purely an issue of the executives. The higher ups that looked at a fucking 2 YEAR production time limit for what should have been their biggest game ever and went
>"Hey, let's not hire more people AND split our team into making a spinoff remake of Gen 1 and a new IP"
The ones responsible for project/team management are the real ones at fault here. Whoever runs GF should immediately step down and let someone that knows how to prioritize shit right take over.

Are people just blinded by nostalgia or did I play some other version of those games?
Cause I remember all of them being pretty shit. Stadium at least had the excuse of being the first, but Colosseum was super boring and had the atrocious 100 battle thing, Gale of Darkness had pretty much all the same problems as Colosseum and BR was just lacking in content in general.
Yes, the games had nice animations for the Pokemon, but they were nowhere near as enjoyable as the games GF made at those times.

Attached: 1554051515929.png (580x454, 22K)

Nobody is saying they have infinite development time and money, but they have more than enough to reach fucking modern standards. All of the money earned from the games and other products of the IP is going into the exact same place.
All they have to do is hire more people, or maybe even have another company work on additional entries. Gamefreak is composed of around 150 people right now, which is a fraction of what they can achieve.
Kill yourself you stupid fucking faggot. They can't do everything but they can at least put out quality products, they refuse to do so because of retarded bootlickers like you gobbling it up, thinking it's their best.

All of those things are reasonable except the 1000 pokemon with unique animations and 1 year. You might be able to do 1000 pokemon with reused assets like how Borderlands has "a million guns" (actually just a handful of guns with a thousand variants).

>It wasn't expected at all because they opt for pissy little handheld devices
Game Freak would've known about the Switch far enough in advance to prepare for it. Actually they did and they really didn't want to have to put in the effort to develop on it to the point Tsunekazu Ishihara believed it would fail until it came out. The excuse of it being a handheld doesn't hold water when it can run absolutely massive games like Breath of the Wild or intensive ones like Doom 2016. I get that Game Freak had no experience developing on HD platforms (aside from minor stuff like Tembo and Giga Wrecker), but that's why OP asked for a more capable studio to take over development.