It was a bad game. Even for its time. It's because of a Link to the Past that we're still playing Zelda to this day

It was a bad game. Even for its time. It's because of a Link to the Past that we're still playing Zelda to this day.

Attached: 220px-Legend_of_zelda_cover_(with_cartridge)_gold[1].png (220x318, 118K)

but it's a good game even to this day

Only NES games that are enjoyable to this day are Mario 1 and 3 and Castlevania 1 and 3.

The world map is fucking garbage.

What is sunsoft?

It's not the best Zelda, but it's a good game. You're shit at it and you have a low IQ.

OoT > Oracles > ALttP > TP > Zelda 1. Nothing else even matters.

link to the past is cinematic trash, loz 1 was only surpassed by botw

It's still one of the best games in the series.

Zelda is one of those series you can't even discuss anymore because there is too much autism involved with it.

The Legend of Zelda is a good game but some of the puzzles are horse shit.

I like it and think it’s one of the best. It also set a lot of standards and precedents for the series.

Zelda 1 outsold ALttP by several million. It's remembered much more fondly by the general public. You just have bad taste.

Zelda 1 doesn't have puzzles.

I imagine playing it when it came out was like playing La-Mulana with help threads but better

what a shit opinion

OP is a faggot yet again. Tired of this episode what happened to based OPs?

Its fun when its not being bullshit difficult, also remember to play with a copy of the manual and map.

>one of the most popular games of its time
>hurr its bad
Reminder that if a game is popular it literally can’t be bad. The entire purpose of video games is for people to enjoy themselves. People at the time really enjoyed loz and still do today. Therefor, it achieved its goal and is therefor a good game

extremely based list. replace tp with MM and add link's awakening in with the oracle games and it's perfect

>TP
>good
That game is so fucking terrible it permanently damaged my love of video games when it came out. I recently went back to give it another shot after not touching it since release and it was even worse than I remember. It's a horrible bloated hand-holding rehash of Ocarina of Time that doesn't understand what made Ocarina of Time good in the first place. It's as shitty as its brown color palette suggests.

Attached: 1526436024347.jpg (285x322, 46K)

Incorrect. My most recent playthrough was earlier this year and it's still fantastic.

>OoT
>best
The absolute pinnacle of pleb.

Some of the things you have to do in order to unlock things in the overworld are shitty. Those are the puzzles I am referring to.

Side note, instead of collaboration with tranny devs for a shitty rhythm game, Nintendo should release the Zelda 1 rework they did before making Breath of the Wild.

Zelda isn't bad but there are a ton of popular video games which are bad.

Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?

But this game holds up way better than Link To The Past

Reminder that the first LoZ is much better when you play it with the manual/map. You can download them in places.

delusional, with the right kind of marketing and a healthy dose of lies and broken promises, the general populace can be fooled into buying awful games - case in point: no man’s sky

I’m talking about AFTER they play it, retard

how do you objectively measure popularity if you’re not going to use sales?

Do you honestly think the video game industry was the same as it is today back then where companies spent tens of millions on marketing? Because you're dead wrong. Games mostly became popular by word of mouth.

maybe, but that’s irrelevant because that user stupidly decided to make a sweeping generalization about video games without any additional qualifiers

100% fact.
>defend an autistic game where you have to try every random thing to find stuff instead of using logic
>"You're shit at it and you have a low IQ"
Pick one an only one, brainlet.

You're arguing a different point. The original claim was popularity means good.

It's alright, but if you've never played it, you're going to miss a lot of shit. Good luck figuring out which random bushes to burn.

cringe zoomer shit. i played oot, lttp, wind waker before playing zelda 1 and still enjoyed it.