What happened to the horror elements of Zelda?

What happened to the horror elements of Zelda?

Attached: legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-n64-temple-of-time-future.jpg (720x530, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8H5DFyv4s4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Soi boys wanted more cartoon shit in Zelda.
>inb4 some idiot says the older games didn't have horror elements, proving they've never even touched the older games

It was only really there during the N64 era. Maybe we'll see elements of it come back in the next game.

>Inb4 someone uses nu-jumpscare shit as a "REAL horror" example.

Attached: b7d.jpg (680x680, 32K)

>Soi boys wanted more cartoon shit in Zelda.
Fucking when? Ever since WW people have been nonstop demanding the games go back to being more dark. That's how we ended up with shit like TP.

found the windwaker cuck

Which is funny, because WW was a lot darker than the graphics would make you think.
The backstory is pretty damn grim, the Redeads are probably the scariest ones, and you stab Ganondorf in the head.

WW is like the perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Back in the old days there was a rumor circulating in my school about Gonondorf's sword being behind the temple. So I spent a lot of time in that screen like a retard trying to get beck there.

you think people actually play those games or care for its lore? they just rush through it then call it shit
look how many people have TP as their favorite when the game is probably the worst in the series

I don't get it.

Attached: media-0.image.jpg (1920x1080, 83K)

I disagree with you there. TP was the last good Zelda game in my opinion.
The worst in the series is a tie between the DS games, the GBA games, and Skyward Sword.

while wind waker is not a bad game it is no where near as dark as oot or majoras mask

I only meant in the mainline, and yes I was memeing a bit SS is defo worse

It's dark in more subtle ways than OOT and MM are.
The ending to WW is downright tragic.

>excited because rumours say it will be darker
>also want a comfy Zelda waifu game after the relationship arc in the first
Can they deliver both?

Attached: 05c7c5c04d1429c69702e9aa644c6236.png (800x800, 561K)

BotW 2 nigga

I hope the new BotW brings back some of that MM-type atmosphere.

im about to start the bottom of the well today.

I was literally going to start a thread about this. Shadow temple and bottom of the well are honestly more creepy than most horror games nowadays, if we don't include shock value and jump scares (which have their place don't get me wrong)

No one wants to do horror elements in non horror games, which is what gives those moments so much potency, it's a little sad to say the least.

Attached: falco thumbs up.gif (500x240, 1.98M)

The Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple have torture devices with blood underneath them.
If OoT came out today, it would probably have been rated T.

MM barely had horror elements compared to OoT

i think only if you have 1.0 NTSC, they did censor it, i got lucky as a kid and thought it was fuckin awesome. So more like it would've been censored lol

It's in all versions of OoT. You're thinking of Ganondorf's blood, which was removed in Version 1.2.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8H5DFyv4s4

haunting adventure vibes

that's actually great to hear desu, even the 3ds ones?

>MM barely had any horror elements
I dunno user, the entire point of the game was to make the player feel hopeless and full of dread. I'd argue it's just more psychological than outright scary

No, it's not in the 3DS version. I meant all versions of the original.
Which is part of what makes me suspect that OoT would be rated T if it came out today, since the censored 3DS version is rated E10.

Everything in WW was done better in OoT
WW is literally OoT for kiddies

See what I mean? You're judging a book by its cover.

Clearly you didn't actually read my post.

Attached: Skullstab.jpg (602x707, 67K)

There were horror elements? The only things that unnerved me were the redeads cause they stop your movement as they're screaming and the hand things cause the sound they make.

Is that suppose to make WW more mature that it really is? Because it doesn't

Attached: 4e2fed504b367292ae8e1e9b632c0d2ab1afa083_hq.jpg (631x337, 26K)

not that user but WW is dumbed down in its puzzlesolving and lore too. The flood is the only dark part of the lore and the sword in the head isn't gorey, it's something out of smash bros, which is fine for a kids game, but don't go calling it dark and gritty please for the love of god.

>I only meant in the mainline
Most Zelda titles are mainline, what are you talking about? Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks is a sequel to the former. They're not spin offs, they literally continue the story of what's going on after Link and Tetra left Hyrule. It's like saying Majora's Mask or AoL aren't mainline because they're direct sequels to a previous game in the series.

>zelda
>horror elements

aka I was 7 and scared of anything back then

Attached: 1536364235573.gif (307x343, 22K)

Imagine being this cuckold

Attached: 1561334082945.png (500x566, 77K)

I can see them making a survival Horde mode against Redeads.

@467854527
>t. doesn't play horror games

Attached: c40.gif (718x404, 3.83M)

main console releases

I hope she gets pushed aside because she's a mcguffin and nothing more and Mipha comes back to catch Link's dick.

I can't imagine how fucking juvenile you have to be to find anything remotely horrific or scary about any Zelda game. It's like those faggots who'll post retarded fan fictions about those like two blood textures in the shadow temple.

Nintendo wants Zelda to be kiddy shit since Wind Waker and the only thing that refrained it was the commercial success of Twilight Princess.
But they still push for it, even if fans dislike it.

so you consider BotW to be more of a zelda than Oracles or Awakening?

its probably because you didn't play oot/mm

I have no idea what you are saying at this point.

user, they love each other, it's mutual.
Fish never had a chance, also fish is ded.

Attached: 1560742523754.jpg (684x2116, 283K)

>>t. doesn't play horror games
I play real horror like resident evil not stupid shit like zelda

Check out these two posts I made:
WW is darker than it looks.

I dunno man, this is pretty dark.

First of all, no one said Zelda is a horror game. Second of all, Resident Evil is super cheesy. Silent Hill? Now THAT'S horror.

Don't get me wrong, RE is a good series, but it's not scary.

Attached: bloodycross-shadow2.jpg (640x480, 183K)

WW was gay and chibi shit is not scary. The redeads look like they're made of out glossy playdough

>Same thread from last night reminds me of my anxiety about the Silent Realms

Attached: image0-5.jpg (500x278, 29K)

It's the screaming.
That shit terrified me as a kid.

does anyone else love the atmosphere/design of pretty much every temple in the 3D games? It makes we wish there was more lore behind them or at least some environmental storytelling but they are mostly just treated as levels with nothing deeper going on or an explanation as to why they are there in the first place, with a few exceptions of course

Attached: Stone_Tower_Temple.png (1366x768, 1.14M)

>I dunno man, this is pretty dark.
Maybe if you're 6.
>inb4 you start posting retarded fan fiction going in-depth on a couple of textures

(you)

Attached: dead hand.jpg (312x217, 68K)

Yeah especially with the N64 dungeons, the fog really added to the atmosphere making Forest Temple one of my favorite temples solely because it's just some mansion in a dark and foggy forest

see

most stuff in WW doesn't come close to OOT or MM but a few enemies/bosses are at least unsettling, especially to the kids the game is targeted at

Attached: 1200px-Molgera.png (1200x633, 593K)

There is the Stone Tower of Babylon theory, which is super interesting, but it's basically a fanfiction.
It's an interesting idea, but the only evidence for it is the "phallic" towers (Freud is rolling in his grave), the finger, and the portal in the sky.

A bunch of spics circlejerking about Fedora's Mask =/= any evidence of their autistic """"""""""'theory""""""""""" actually existing.

yeah I used to watch a lot of Zelda "lore" stuff because I wanted to believe there was more going on in Hyrule than the games let on. The Tower of Babel theroy is probably the best one out there even though I highly doubt it was intentional

Shitty textures and models made the scary shit in OoT scary. Seethe and cope.

this, beyond the lighting changes OoT 3D has almost none of the atmosphere from the original