Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is not a bad game but it is disappointing...

>Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is not a bad game but it is disappointing, a metroidvania all too anchored in the past that doesn't really add anything new to the genre that Koji Igarashi himself contributed. Beyond the bland execution and the continuous plagiarism of Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow, Bloodstained is plagued by too many problems, especially in terms of combat and the hitbox system, preventing an enjoyable gaming experience. It hurts to say this, but there are too many better alternatives to Bloodstained on the market. We expected a lot more than this from Igarashi-san.

>6.5/10

thegamesmachine.it/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-recensione/

is this a fair and accurate review?

Attached: screenshot0282.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/780727133411361176/B2ED826AC4C3005E80608A8AAD2C1FC28879E70A/
youtube.com/watch?v=NWVcBHy1wI0
youtube.com/watch?v=g9vXAH5lkY8
youtube.com/watch?v=HWeKF8hr2oc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koji_Igarashi#Konami
mega.nz/#F!kRoHSKSA!xixxwKrxSqbI5ihkU_7RCw
online-image-comparison.com/,
gameinformer.com/review/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/a-tribute-worth-its-trials
eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-24-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-review-a-perfect-blend-of-contemporary-design-with-old-school-mechanics
hobbyconsolas.com/reviews/analisis-bloodstained-ritual-night-heredero-espiritual-castlevania-442813
es.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-ps4/151687/review/analisis-de-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-para-ps4-one-y-pc
it.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-ps4/156475/review/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-la-recensione
youtube.com/watch?v=9DpkW7OUVjM
webmshare.com/play/RyAr7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah that's cool and all but someone PLEASE help me figure out what im missing.
I've already found all the secret rooms, I think.

Attached: Bloodstained_ Ritual of the Night_20190624155521.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

Shitstained: ritual of the scam.

Poostained: Ritual of the Fart

No one cares retard.

is this anything like hollow knight?

How do you plagiarize a game that you made in the first place?

Dimension shift powerup, any secret areas that i can use this for or is it just getting the last waystone guy and progression through next boss

You think Gebel and Gremory fucked?

Attached: 1551957962201.png (1920x1080, 3.54M)

>Hello professor. Here's an essay I wrote last year I'm gonna submit it again this time for another class. That's okay right?

Paulstained: Ritual of the Blart

I'm always happy to see people too fucking stupid to comprehend iteration and it's benefits.

Iga only co-directed, which meant he filled in when the director had to leave. Toru Hagihara directed Rondo and Symphony, as well as serving as producer for Symphony. He also did some programming (a lto of these directors started as programmers and rose the ranks).

Those are really Hagihara's games. Don't buy the Iga marketing machine that implies Iga = Creator of Symphony of the Night.

Iga also directed the train wreck Elder Gate, that bombed too. Remember that. No one ever talks about it.

Ain't even sad. Without Ritual of the Night, Curse of the Moon would have never happened.

Attached: curse of the moon.jpg (460x215, 61K)

>Bloodstained is plagued by too many problems, especially in terms of combat and the hitbox system

would be nice if drooling retards were barred from posting reviews

Do I need to play the game to get the plot of Ritual? I feel this is like PoR when you need to play Bloodlines to get a vague idea of what the heck is going on

Inti Creates has deposited $0.02 to your account

No, curse of the moon is non-canon

never played any castlevanias, is this good if I'm not nostalgia filled?

I just can’t believe how glitchy and broken this game is after such a long development. It’s still good but I don’t think they will ever iron out the bugs.

keep your shitty third-world opinions to yourself.

If it's the same subject matter why would they care?

The cutscenes are hilariously unfinished

Miriam and Johannes didn't, that's for sure

Attached: 1548700836566.png (924x1105, 799K)

>glitchy and broken
Besides the chest glitch caused by the 1.02 update, what glitches?

>fucking 3dpg
>not wanting to taste demon pussy
pleb

That’s what happens when you eliminate crunch if this was a proper castlevania game Konami would have gotten this out in half the time with half the bugs.

missing a secret room above the bottom left green room

Warp under the platform in the room just before the boss room at the Tower of Twin Dragons for a weapon.

>that feel when finally getting grade and rank 9 accelerator
ELFLLERHEGLGHLHFFGLHFGLHGLFGLHELHELTHGH

Attached: 1523496403551.jpg (600x600, 102K)

I have to say the first impression is very good, I found myself humming the song while exploring, they took a lot of elements from order of eccelsia so good on them

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/780727133411361176/B2ED826AC4C3005E80608A8AAD2C1FC28879E70A/

Where in the fuck I find Accelerator? Dont tell me is the ninja that goes full Metal Sonic on your ass

youtube.com/watch?v=NWVcBHy1wI0

Attached: 20190624154258_1.jpg (2560x1440, 860K)

Visual ones like the screen flashing when you hit certain lamps,freezing,long loadtimes,loadtimes happening in weird or inconsistent places and frame rate stuttering. At least that’s what I have encountered

She has a goat for a legs. Not even, like, goat legs. She's got an actual two-legged goat demon where her legs should be.

I'm not saying Gebel DIDN'T, but I just can't imagine how.

>It’s still good but I don’t think they will ever iron out the bugs.

We'll probably get weeks of patches. So I don't mind.

They seemed to have rushed the last bit of the development (llook how uninspired the last section is) and din't have enough time or money to fully bugtest. In effect, we're the bug testers.

It's from the Ninja.

Hope you kept that speed belt.

just bought this because of all the Yea Forums threads, what am I in for

I beat him easily using the teleporter skill.

Lootan
Grindan
Craftan

The dude sucks, I beat him first try without knowing the course.

Pretty sure there isa hole somewhere
There is always one user

How to get grade 9?

literally who

This game was supposed to build the foundation for maybe a new franchise like castlevania and it failed in my opinion. Such a shame. Enjoyable to play once and that's it

See:

beat him 9 times

Nightmare fresh start is the ONLY way to play it properly.

On PC with the darkness turned down.

I haven't finished yet, but I am not expecting a big ending.
I think of they go the castlevania formula, i.e. game is a whole new take on the same formula, there's potential for more.
But we need to say goodbye to Miriam and co.

The world building, lore and story are bland and pretty weak in this game, I'm really dissapointed. The music was also forgettable.

Just finish the game but don't expect anything from the ending, in fact, of the last third of the game.

>kickstarter backer portraits
Not feeling this one
>it's a black man
Immersion ruined

What do in Celeste room

not a fan of the artstyle but the gameplay looks fun, might get it

i agree with this.
game lacks polish. it is fun at times and its nice that there are different playstyles but as a whole package it aint that good.

Where is Celeste room?

Nothing, it's just a backer room.

Compared to what, Dracula and all of Universal monsters are at it again?
CV lore wasn't that big of a deal either, but people still enjoys those games

I dunno about you but I had the twin dragons fight trivialized by a bug. they grabbed me and somehow clipped me through the floor so I ended up behind the right head
They don't have any model beyond their necks.

Nightmare new game is miserable. This game’s hitboxes are not precise enough for the game to be this punishing.

Time to step up my game then

>bring nothing new to the table
>ugly
>unpolished and buggy
>some things needed to advance the main story are more cryptic than the actual secrets
>99% of gear is completely unusable as always with Igavanias
>unnecessary crafting system that only exists for completionists
The core loop of the game is completely fine, but that's just because it's lifted straight from other games.

And right as I ask, I see where it is.

>It promised us more Castlevania and it gave us more Castlevania, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Fuck off, honestly. Go jack off to bugs.

what's shovel knight's first drop

Metroidvania is not a genre. Just because you slapped an extremely shoddy exp bar on Metroid does not make it your own genre. It is an Action Adventure Platformer, nothing else.

Attached: is-this-fag-serious.jpg (616x551, 30K)

So? That’s literally the advertised product: more of the same, please.

The atmosphere in castlevania games is superb and the music helps in that. And what do you ask me, I'm not the one making the game but they surely could have made something much better than what the game got.

Happened to me too, except I actually ended three levels from where I was. I had to actually run in circles until I found the dragons again.

the Japanese just more aptly call it "search action", like they did with Touhou Luna Night

>started on Hard mode
>had no problems with Zangetsu despite hearing he's an early stumbling block
>get my ass mauled by the boss fight in the dragon tower

fuckin barbie doll main character WHY

You're literally retarded.

>finally got my Switch version in
>just the game and backer slipcase
>got the $150 tier

I know I got it from Fangamer, but should I expect the other stuff later on, I'm assuming?

Welcome to programming

never played castlevania, what difficulty should I start on?

Enjoy the music.. Or play it all at once.

That crafting mechanic is so bad. It would have been fine if they kept it for the food and maybe the passive shards since they get added for the permanent bonus.

Having it in every attack shard, made them useless and you will only rank them up for completion, because once you get a new shard, of course you won't swap it for the shard that you already farmed, ranked and graded up and it's stronger than the new one.

So many dumb design decisions in this game.

>he got the 720p@30fps version

Attached: 1560361895268[2].jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

Anons, what is called this new
hentai metroidvania game?

The only thing I'd say is "cryptic" is the Deeseama soul for water traversal. I was lucky and got it on my first kill but if you didn't I could see how it would throw you off.

Everything else is pretty directly explained to you. The ID is explained by both Dominique and OD, the moon/Sword is explained in its description (like the Rings in SotN), the Aegis armor is MAYBE a bit obscure if you haven't played SotN but once you have Invert, I imagine most peoples' instinct is to fill in the map so you'll naturally find it, etc.

Having progress tied to a chance drop was a bit dumb, I'll agree.

Steam reviews are more informative and credible.
I'd trust peers over professional "critics" anyday.

i can wait for an actually good one. just because it's popular to say castlevania is dead does not mean it will stay that way.

Projectiles suck dick, Super Metroid is the worst metroidvania.

you think konami will suddenly start making games?
good one dude

no. people who use Metroidvania to describe games that are not
>SPECIFICALLY a Castlevania game
>uses the SotN style of gameplay rather than the traditional CV1 style
think about two things, just two things that break down your shitty phrase as a genre.
>Is Metroid a Metroidvania?
>Is CV2 the first Metroidvania?
to which the answer to both of these is no.
Metroidvania is not a genre, to sum up what a Metroidvania is; it is the term used to describe the CASTLEVANIA platforming games that are not CLASSICVANIAS. People born after SotN's release have taken and abused the term because they do not know any better.

Attached: 36398091.png (370x320, 20K)

Listen, you gotta be creative:

Cumstained: Shitual of the Shite.

At least for me, I was able to get the shards upgraded at least a few ranks when obtaining them just from drops while playing.

And I personally test each shard when I get it and if any make me go "Holy Shit" I spend some time pumping it up.

I like to think this but
>I dont like this game, its terrible
>1200+ hours
>chink chongs reviewbombing because no rice farmer tongue
Everytime

So is everyone who doesn't like Bloodstained gonna keep posting this review snippet over and over again now?

>he played games at that size and framerate for years in the 2000s but can't do it anymore for some reason

Attached: 1560367519375.png (420x420, 9K)

>The music was also forgettable.
You have some of the worst taste imaginable.

You're getting Castlevania gatcha and you'll like it.

yeah go to the steam forums where people are giving it a 9.5/10s and 10/10. They surely are the most objective people out there.

I like to read steam reviews too, but for this game everyone just put their fanboy and pink colored glasses, the game has many many flaws but somehow they didn't see them.

It makes multiple playthroughs different, you'll get a different shard and power that one up next time.

more like boobstained: skimmety of the milk

>muh hitboxes
git gud
seriously though, it makes the game a lot more fun as you have to figure out the boss patterns and manage your consumable resources.
though the first few bosses are brutal since you die in about 1-3 hits from everything.

>Metroidvania is not a genre.

It is.
Except there is like 3 games since SoTM that can be called metroidvanias. The rest of them are shallow pathetic attempts that
> slapped an extremely shoddy exp bar on Metroid

Attached: 1548806391536.png (478x523, 14K)

That's not a goat, it's a camel.

Arabs have been fucking camels for millennia.

And it may be that there is one lucky shardbinder who knows what a camel blowjob feels like.

Yeah I had to look up what to do about the spikes because I'm an idiot who ignored and didn't read what that new armor (with worse stats than the one I was wearing) did.

Night of Revenge

12 A.M. of Payback

It's dead, jim.

My only gripe so far is that I think crafting should have been made on the go. Getting back to Johannes is such a pace killer

people hated user for he told the truth

Iga didn't contribute shit he tricked you retards
youtube.com/watch?v=g9vXAH5lkY8

Funny enough I'm a musician with classical training, so this OST in the game should be my thing in theory.

Outside of the Garden music and the castle entrance music, everything was so forgettable. They don't have a motive or particular melody to make it likeable. Castlevania OSTs are maybe my favorite game osts of all but this one hit a low for me.

Yah nah, you're a cunt. Metroidvania is absolutely a genre, there just aren't many games in it. Games like Hollow Knight adopt the Metroid mechanics but none of what made SotN a fusion of genres when it came out. Most "Metroidvanias" are just Metroid-likes that have an exploration focus like Metroid but nothing else.

SotN created a new genre by combining Metroid with RPG mechanics, equipment mechanics, item drops, etc. None of these were actually features of Castlevania before SotN so it wasn't a fusion of styles, it was a new style of game which borrowed Metroid's exploration mechanics. The only thing SotN brought from CV was aesthetics and lore.

Bloodstained actually plays the same way SotN did, with proper levelling systems, stat boosts, item drops. Equipment, etc. That's what sets it apart and puts it squarely in the same genre and why it's unique amongst other games which claim to be part of the Metroidvania genre.

disagreed completely
i wasn't looking forward to RoTN at all curse of the moon was terrific and loved it but i had 0 faith in RoTN and i am extremely pleased to say it's the best kickstarted game ever and up there in igavanias

Attached: 1557475021782.png (446x435, 74K)

*Castlevania Pachinko

I'd give it an 8.0/10. Anyone who expected something new deserves to be disappointed, IGA promised an igavania and he delivered warts and all.

Is this game the best hentaivania?

Metroidvania is to games what the spaghetti western is to movies.

More like Grindstained: Ritual of killing Kunekune for 2 hours to get 9 shards

>Every castlevania game in the SOTN style which is like 3 or 4
> Hollow Knight
>Bloodstained
>Blaster Master zero, zero two, original, and wii ware I think?

He's right though. I don't even remember anything except the entrance.

Thank you for being the only rational person in this thread. Plebs continue to label games as titles of other games because little zoomzoom never heard of an adventure platformer.

Lets just call all platformers MARIOLIKES this is where we are headed. SOULSLIKESOULSLIKESOULSLIKE

>Lowest they could find was a 6.5 from some spaghetti nobodies
LMAOing at their seething

What a shithead, I think the game is great and the only other metroidvania I've played is hollow knight

Stop posting your autistic videos.

I actually really like that idea. Hopefully in a sequel. Maybe we can play as an Alchemist or sommat to give a story explanation.

>"god it's ugly"
>the HiT BoXeS sucK
this is the dumb nigger shitposting this in every thread isn't it? Kill yourself you fucking mongoloid, your opinion is wrong and you should chug some fucking liquid nitrogen.

I can name a total of ten things that had qustionable hitboxes and it was the same issue everytime, if you have a problem with those very specific cases then you're worse than the mouth breathing retarded mongoloid you make yourself out to be you fucking shit faced nigger.

Attached: 1552353568696.png (876x663, 544K)

>Every castlevania game in the SOTN style which is like 3 or 4
I didnt count these. It is obvious why and besides, all them were worse than SoTN in many ways.

> Hollow Knight
Bingo.

> Bloodstained
Yes

>Blaster Master zero, zero two, original, and wii ware I think?
Really nigger? For someone, who does not even consider metroidvania its own genre (I'm assuming you are ) - your standards are mega low.

You did not mention ESA.
There is a nother game but I dont feel like mention to avoid spiraling this thread into pure shitposting. No, it is not weeb crap.

Attached: haters.webm (700x700, 2.98M)

I always sort by negative first to see the consensus on the criticisms. If there's an objective flaw, the group will usually identify and point it out. Plus it screens out any fanboy hype and typical dick sucking.

8-16 bit consoles were 60hz, which is equivalent to 60fps. Once 3D was hit, they could never hit 60fps anymore since the consoles were too weak, so they started doing 20-30fps.

30 vs 60 is a BIG difference. Trust me. 30fps is kind of like playing under water, but it's full speed. Hard to explain. But you can tell.

Also head's up: the switch version isn't even consistent 30fps. Major drops all over.

Ever heard the term "Doomlike" or "Doom clone"?

Now we are talking. I very much like the idea of not being a shardbinder in the next game

I got exactly what I wanted and expected out of it.

Attached: farming.webm (640x360, 956K)

True, but you can at least control for some of the review bombing posts. Overall, it's more reliable that some talentless cunt from Polygon or Kotaku or some other rag.

Michiru's music was forgettable "castlevania" style. Suprisingly it's Ippo and Noisy Croak's songs that stood out more. They felt more like Ys music and I'm down for that.

>Things improve
>Don't want to go back to lesser standards

Not that user but I bought for PC because I wanted the best performance possible. I get focusing on portability over fidelity but there's nothing wrong with wanting games to keep up with modern standards.

Unfortunately, it's not just the resolution or framerate; the textures and effects took a major hit. The game looks really bad on Switch -- feel bad for my backer Bros who couldn't change platforms when they announced the port had problems.

Vepa was utter nonsense bullshit. It felt so random. I only beat it because I got a super easy pattern after hours of attempts, but before that it felt like she could just decide to do moves that fucked you over. Like simultaneous enemy spawn into spit attack and a tentacle.

30 fps on 720p and low detail. People told me the Switch version is "the PC version, but underwater".

posing is no substitute for being an actual character with an intriguing story

Yeah and I guess most of people are the same but it seems people can't take criticism for this game. Just show me an image of any SOTN area and I can easily sing you the melody, because the OSTs in that game was actually good compositions.

Heck, even the librarian guy in the archives who you buy things from has better and more memorable music than the music in Bloodstained ffs.That's sad if you ask me

Attached: 1552224063982.gif (1280x720, 119K)

>unfinished ps1 demon ineffectively glitching around

yep... that's bloodstained for you.

Implying the student is in the wrong and that this is analogous in any way.

>PAL fps

60fps or bust nigga.

Imagine being this obsessed and angry about what is essentially just a shorthand identifier people use to communicate an idea. Guess what idiot, if you know what they're talking about when you say it then it's doing its job as a genre just fine. Your bitchfits don't change the development of popular communication and shorthand.

I have found that in general, most of people can easily tell the good points in any subject but almost everyone struggles to find any criticism.

I agree, negative reviews is what I look too the most, they offer better (or actual) opinions.

My nigga
>shuriken/dagger scrub
>get Summon Tracer
>"uh, kinda neat gonna max it out"
>tfw you summon a huge ass Graboid that never leaves the screen and does very good damage
Same thing with Void Ray, never took shuriken or dagger again
Anyone at this day and age can be far better that Polygon and Kotaku, the bar is not set that high ChristCenteredGamer still by far one of the best most fair review sites

Attached: venom-sp.gif (328x135, 25K)

This guy is not wrong but he's doing a terrible job of explaining what he's trying to say.

Attached: 1561404579851[1].png (565x600, 232K)

Was there even a single Italian on the crew making Metroid?

you're going to need a webm, .gif maxes out at 48fps

The red full moon fucking clips over the castle in the background of one of the earlier hallways in the castle.

you are 100% wrong, stop shilling your crap here loser.

I got a really big Ys vibe from the music that plays in the Towers of Twin Dragons.

kek

>I never tried playing Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest without a guide.
lol game journalists

Iga didn't make shit. The only game he made is Eldergate and nobody outside Japan remembers it.
Iga is like Keiji Inafune, he slaps his name on shit and collects payment but he never made anything.

>O.D. will murder you over an un overdue library book

Attached: having fun isnt hard when you have a library card.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

DON'T SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT BLOODSTAINED!

If I see that fucking cat one more time

That's intentional though

Attached: autism .png (584x251, 21K)

>attacking his character
why are you revealing to us that you're retarded so slowly and in so many increments? why not just preface your posts with: I AM RETARDED. it would be helpful for those skimming the threads.

Now that I play at 60fps, I'm afraid of even trying 120fps.

i never considered doing this
so as long as you stay out of his line of sight you wont be cursed to death? What do you get for killing it?

basically everyone in the steam forums and most people here.

What "putting your pet in the game" should mean:
>area has some feral cats/dogs
>Miriam can go up to them and talk to them
>they get a portrait and like meow or bark
>you can feed them or some shit

Wat it should not mean:
>Giant version of your fucking dog or cat with some horns on it passed off as a legit demon

So the bad ending is that the final boss of the castle is beaten, but Mirian now becomes the new mistress of it? Sounds like a good ending for me that could have been fleshed out, no pun intended.

Yes. Physical backer rewards are coming in August.

They made a Zero Two?

Really now? Please don't cite a bullshit story reason. I just got the game yesterday, so if it is, then damn that's retarded.

I'm not reading your post nigger, you take your garbage and your shitty wrong opinions and you fuck off. We see you samefagging every fucking thread, shitting up the board, die already, you serve no fucking purpose you worthless fucking nigger.

>Metroidvania is a genre!!!!
uhh.... whut? No it isn't. "Metroidvania" is a made up word invented by people with poor vocabulary to describe an action platformer
>b-but items and weapons
not a new genre, it's an action platformer with extra options for the player
>b-but rpg stats
not a new genre, the existence of stats does not necessarily equal an RPG, football games have stats dude wtf are you talking about?

Attached: dumdum.jpg (638x1000, 86K)

More proof of how disconnect modern video game journalists are from actual gamers.

Attached: blodds.jpg (558x398, 41K)

resist curse

>The only game he made is Eldergate and nobody outside Japan remembers it.

I do! That's why I've been researching it and trying to find magazines that talk about it. It's Iga's "lost game".

And trust me: even the Japanese forgot about it. It was a bomb at the time. Because of that, Iga never talks about it. He only wants to talk about the big hit games he's made.

I love how hard fags are trying to come up with reasons to hate this game despite the fact that we have a thread round the clock, and people keep talking about how much they enjoy it and sharing tips and advice.

speedreader

Have you noticed the fact there's two moons yet?

a curse resistance shard

My favourite one is dropped items simply not existing on the same plane as you. On a 2D screen. Yeah, there's a workaround, but it's fucking hilarious that it happens in the first place.

I was willing to believe him I guess, but I just tested it and he's wrong.

Attached: Desktop 2019.06.24 - 17.25.51.22.DVR.webm (860x482, 2.8M)

It couldn't be that bad.

Then again maybe I'm wrong.

don't be such a fag, this isn't your blog

If the game was exactly the same but the players character is a tranny then it would 10/10 and every faggot infested website would be singing its brave and stunning praises.

I mean, there was multiple shots of the moon in SotN, I didn't think the game would try to justify it as having two different moons.

Are people still mad about the cats ruining the immersion?

I guess we're pretending she
doesn't exist then.

They're not gamers, they're not jounralists, tehy're paid shills and hype people. Most of the time they're paid whores taking slimy corporate dick and chugging onions to not have to work and shill their crummy ideology rather than actually providing gaming reviews. Go read classic psm from the 90s and the difference is night and day between these callow husks of manbabies and actual redblooded men who were passionate about their hobby.

Attached: zFDNjvs.jpg (844x527, 64K)

I agree with you.

You can look up Youtube videos of it. It came out in 2000 and it looks like a PS1 launch title. Remember the PS2 and Dreamcast were already out at this time:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWeKF8hr2oc

reviewer probably couldn't get off the tutorial ship

>It is an Action Adventure
Um, what mechanics does it have in common with "Adventure"?

Someone sane and objective in steam wtf.

Attached: file.png (664x713, 78K)

If you meant this room, then yes, there is a story reason for it.

Attached: Bloodstained2-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

Unless you're in windows it's diminishing returns over 90.

THere's literally 3 or 4 bosses and enemies where it is like that, and it's the big fuckers. But it's not the case on the majority of enemies, because the human bosses don't have collision damage for teh player and the hitbox on teh twoer demon is so clean you can LITERALLY run under the left one's jaw and valmanway his head while he moves forward for a no damage run. He's just a wrong faggot.

It's faster to use one of the rooms with 3 candles in the Underground Waterway.

if you seriously think the hitboxes of the game are fine you might be an idiot
well less the hitboxes themselves but the fact that hitboxes and enemy models are the same, mixed together with the really janky animations and transitions between them which leads to some enemies and a lot of bosses jerking around and doing very sudden movements
this makes using melee weapons against certain bosses frustrating as hell, especially with ones that dont have max range like whips

t. someone playing on hard with no crafting/shard-upgrading/food/farming/grinding

Attached: 1560118337991.jpg (683x700, 58K)

the game lets you control the main character while they are on an adventure

To: 467841623

With the level of "bait" you have just posted, I have to believe that you have not been fishing @'s for very long. The way your doing it is too overt, too beastial. Too... "savege". There needs to be suttlety. They have to believe someone can possibly be this stupid.

Attached: caseytexts.jpg (468x395, 43K)

okay, here is your argument: CoD is an RPG because you see a bar go up

>the game lets you control
So that's already one strike against it.

>only souls left below 9/9 are ng+ things, 8-bit, curse res and summon insect
>blood splatters keep despawning so I can't get any scythe mites
This is really fucking racist. How do I farm these shits?

Seeing what Alfred could do and how Johannes does transmutation, it would be interesting to play a game where Alchemy is a major focus and maybe drops are nothing but items but you can craft weapons using Alchemy on the fly.

yup, I use the one above the save point. And equip the gebel glasses to don't waste any candle in magic orbs or whatever they are

RETURN WHAT YOU OWE

I'll admit, the game did lack polish but it still was an overall decent game.

Alright. I somewhat retract my last post. That does kinda look bad. No wonder Iga wants people to forget it.

>creator of the genre makes another game in the genre
>plagiarism
The absolute state of games journalism.

how do you plagiarize your own shit?

>being a spiritual successor and paying homage to a classic that many of the same people worked on is plagiarism
I don't know what they were expecting. It was always meant to be a sotn/aos revival game and that's exactly what people wanted.

It lacked a lot of polish and has some questionable design decisions but I enjoyed it a lot after so many years of no new castlevanias. The problem is many people are talking as if this was the GOTY when it's not. An 8 at max from me.

>thinks guns are useless
Opinion discarded entirely. Has no idea what they're doing at all. Guns are OP as fuck and legitimately the best weapon in the game.

I think it's one or two guys, the complaints and mannerisms are too similar, it's like Barry all over again, or that spider-man faggot who hated Dante.

Not really. There are no issues with hit boxes. He doesn't actually list any issues besides hitboxes, which isn't enough to kill a game or call it disappointing.

Not adding something new is a misnomer. Everyone wanted another SotN from I G A and that's what we got. His own expectations ruined things for him, if anything.

For someone like me who just wanted more, new igavania I was completely satisfied. They actually put their 5.5m to good use and even listened to fans and changed so much after the backer demo a year ago.

The review just claims the game is a let down but only lists one issue. I've also seen complaints of dropped input and then that misinformation spread like wildfire too. Wasn't dropped inputs for techniques, they just didn't know what the fuck input delay is.

I think him criticizing iga for " plagiarizing " his own work shows how fundamentally base this reviewer can be. He probably also shits on the music, but I give Yamane huge credit for having to make a new score all on her own from scratch. She didn't have the advantage of dipping into the konami pool of ip and use old castlevania songs, Hats off to her.

6.5 is an abysmal score considering no one goes barely below fuckin 5 these days. to scale that's more like a 2 out of 5.

There's so much more to this game coming soon, for free. Multiplayer, co op, infinite roguelike dungeon, chaos mode, play as Asian Snake. This is easily the most complete igroidvania of all time.

Attached: iga yo.png (716x845, 977K)

Producer was Toru Hagihara, the SotN director, and Michiru Yamane did the music. I guess SotN was enough of a success Iga could do whatever project he wanted.

>Igarashi says that he was motivated to create the game because he had played other heavy story driven games and after a long break had lost motivation to continue. He says he wanted to make a game that could be played at any time, and could feel fresh every time you played it. He wanted each player to have their own unique experience when playing the game.[11] The game received a 22 out of 40 score from the magazine Famitsu.[12]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koji_Igarashi#Konami

But it was a failure. After that he scrambled back to Castlevania, becoming promotion producer for the 2001 Circle of the Moon, and then producer/writer for the rest of the games. He likely learned his strengths are not directing.

>tehy're paid shills and hype people.
>64,867 backers pledged $5,545,991 to help bring this project to life.
Tis but barely ascratch

>a lot of people disagree with you, so fuck you!
Eat shit.

I bet you're also the kind of faggot that complained about the moon in Bloodborne being in front of the clouds

best to just bring up a 100% map and try to overlay your screen to the map and spot the hidden rooms you haven't gotten yet. also upgrade that one private eye passive skill to rank 9 and unlock auto identify walls.

shout as long and as hard as you want but every single time you will be wrong. You're acting like chinks when they blindly killed off their sparrow population despite being told why it is a terrible idea

Attached: 1471318297405.jpg (480x360, 16K)

These fuckers used to spawn endlessly before the patch. I found you can get 2 by waiting here. Leave and repeat after killing them

Attached: Desktop 2019.06.24 - 17.37.53.23.DVR.webm (540x302, 2.91M)

Aren't you a fiesty little shite, I bet you paid full price for this turd looking game too lmao

It looks so bad compared to DS Castlevanias. It hurts to look at this amateur 3D after charming lowres 2D.

>There's so much more to this game coming soon, for free. Multiplayer, co op, infinite roguelike dungeon, chaos mode, play as Asian Snake.
At least in the 90s the design philosophy was to release completed games. Now everything is perpetual pseudo-early access because of patching.

I finally got them spawning after I Jinrai'd through the cluster of toads. The blood isn't there, but I guess it still counts.

kek

Same here. I'm more of a Classicvania guy, so I loved Curse, but I was hesitant about Ritual. Ended up enjoying it even though SotN is the most recent and only "Metroidvania" I've played. I was expecting alot more jank and alot less content. This OST does sound alot better in Curse's faux-8bit style though, it feels like the melody has been lost in the broader instrumentation

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_04_56_06_191.webm (900x500, 2.99M)

I haven't played the game but why the fuck is map UI the exact same as castlevanias lmao, couldn't they come up with SOMETHING

Miriam has a perfect body.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x864, 107K)

Is hard ok for a first playthrough?

I agree. It's not perfect and has flaws just like the past Castlevanias, but I'm also happy with being able to finally play it.

The whole point of this game was just to be another castlevania game without the IP, that's it

Because you don't mess with perfection.

Yes

> creator of castlevania promises a castlevania type game on kickstart
> fans paid to see a castlevania type game
> gaming journalist mad as fuck the game is like castlevania and gives it a bad score

Gaming journalists are a fucking joke these days.

Hey! You! user! Are you having problems getting 100% map completion?

mega.nz/#F!kRoHSKSA!xixxwKrxSqbI5ihkU_7RCw

>1. Download a picture from that folder
>2. Warp to the part of the castle indicated by the image.
>3. Open up your map, and then center your camera. Do not touch your zoom options, unless you're playing on a different resolution.
>4. Take a screenshot of your screen, Simply Print Screen, open up Paint, and then Paste. Save as is.
>5. Go to an image comparison site, like this one: online-image-comparison.com/, and compare your screenshot with the image you downloaded
>6. In the comparison results, blotched areas are the ones you missed.

For best results, remove map markers and turn off travel history.

Solid point amte, while I love the shit out of this game, it doesn't beat SOTN and only remains it's equal for a few big reasons

1. It needed 4 more solid areas, It fell just short of that sweet spot of areas for me and the last areas didn't exactly scratch that itch. We needed a gallery area to stick all the back portraits in as enemies , an arena, a prison, and an expanded town. This would've allowed for more story beats, npcs, and items.

2. More area cohesion, lots of enemies felt out of place in certain areas, while other areas felt like they should've been adjoined to completely different areas, like the waterways and the caves. Or the oriental labs being cool but completely out of place in this game, the blue ninja should've been in this area the carpenter shouldn't have, etc.
3. Gebel was completely wasted and had no screen time. They ought to bring his ass back his design and character would be wasted otherwise. Same for Zangetsu even though he was fleshed out and I c an't see him being actually dead.
4. combat is stil kinda lacking, I like it but I feel that they could at least give attacks more variety or at the very least 3 hit combos or something.

Other than that the game has huge improvements over IGA's previously made systems, the crafting is fun and not painful, items and food stuffs, previously pointless trash is now something I actually enjoy making, npc quests are great even if there's too few of em, most enemies are solid looks wise and combat wise.

It's everything I wanted but it certainly coulda been more.

Absolutely, Normal is braindead, you never have to dodge anything.

Based mod poster

Attached: 1528223735460.jpg (1024x1024, 251K)

Anyone got a GOG download link

What the fuck demon am I missing?

Attached: 20190624144631_1.jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

and you avenge the death of a lot of Castlevania characters and Dario Brando

and O.D. is straight up Alucard, even has the original voice and posture.

god damn the graphics are so fucking UGLY
like shit dude, I don't even hate 2.5d but it's just so fucking ugly looking
what the fuck were they thinking

Go back to the train and sit in the seat for a minute

>I feel this is like PoR when you need to play Bloodlines to get a vague idea of what the heck is going on
Apart from "the protagonists of Bloodlines are named John(ny) Morris and Eric Lecarde and they fought Dracula", there's nothing you could get from playing Bloodlines that was mentioned in PoR. Maybe you'd have to read the BL manual, but I didn't even do that and was fine.

Technically I didn't, I pre-ordered it the day before the release when it was 10% off :^)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

the dancing faggot you see in the threads, go to the train and wait on one of the seats till you fall asleep.

Be ready though he's jank as fuck and can kil you dead e-z if you aren't ready.

i disagree its what the backers wanted and its about the length of a handheld castlevania.
It has its issues but its a good game. 8.5/10 for me

kill yourself big blue baby.

can you even plagiarize your own work? god scholars are fucking stupid if that's the case

This is why you pretty much have to form your own opinions these days, or just watch multiple non-paid reviewers.

No just go on in, also as somebody who grew up palying bloodlines on my sega, you didn't need that for PoR, it was just a cool cap off to their story even though they didn't really have one initially.

Except games like Ori and HK have maps that vaguely resemble the locations and are color-coded accordingly, not fucking blue squares for everything

game looks fine
kys faggot

Thanks!

no thanks, just not going to buy this kusoge lmao

Metroid had the same fucking thing and it's fine. god damn what do you want.

Get real dude, it's not bait, and you're petty as fuck. (You)s are free. I repeat, "Metroidvania" IS NOT A WORD, and it IS NOT A GENRE. "Metroidvania" was invented by uneducated teenage gamers who lacked the life experience and vocabulary to properly put their thoughts into words.
Lastly, have sex.

You niggers need glasses, this game looks worse than the fucking 3DS cave story remake

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_14_55_31_797 - Copy.webm (800x450, 3M)

If you ask me those maps are less efficient at conveying data. Rooms are divided into set values on the map and if a square is missing, it's clear to see so you can go to fill it in. HK's map is "prettier" but it muddies the information it's conveying.

If anything, I'd be okay if the map had color coding for each section of the castle but that's it.

I feel like this is some meta joke I don't get, it's either that or you are under the impression that you don't control a character in an adventure game

>glass hand bug soul can't pull levers

Attached: 1557406117305.png (287x287, 91K)

He also thought all those weapons were useless that were.

Someone doesn't know about jump canceling.

I feel like the game would have been better if it had 3 more areas and the map was rearranged so everything made sense.

"The game is really good, no bugs at all. If you disagree you are a troll"

Attached: nlsz9517za631.png (1920x1080, 3.66M)

Attached: 1561064824699.jpg (437x580, 54K)

I'm up to Gremory and getting my shit wiped. I have a feeling I'm undergeared for it or something.

What should I be doing right now?

>Cherrypicking the litterally singular bad review
lmao desperate tortanic fag

This happened to me a few times, so weird.

It's a feature

Yeah pretty sure no one’s ever claimed it’s not buggy. Keep trying.

"I am gay"
Why would you say that dude you're not gay come on man cheer up.

I'm really glad this game actually did something with guns, gave them their own mechanics and specialized equipment and shit. They were always novelties in prior games so I'm glad they have their niche here.

The Shortcut system also literally makes it so you can have a Gun build, a Melee build, a Lick build, a Mobility build, a Gold Farming Build, etc. and it's not an assache to switch between them whenever you feel like it.

Again, nobody thinks that you big blue bitch, don't come back here you autistic little shit, and put a bullet between those useless eyes of yours. Who knows, it might even feel nice to have that empty space behind them filled with something for once.

Where do you get the hermes boots?

Almost every fucking webm I see of this game has the posing shit, does she do it automatically after idling for a sec or is it an input?

OH NO NO NO NO BROS
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FLOP

Attached: 5560FBD5-4CEF-483E-8B80-255B020D7EF5.png (750x1334, 158K)

what alternatives? retards

Holding up, just like portrait of ruin

Craft Dragon Boots

Curse is a bland ass game compared to castlevania 3

There are idle poses and input poses

Buttstained: Ritual of the Shart

oh nooo how will the bloodstained shitposter poster ever recover

>still 0 reviews from any site I have ever heard of before now
What the fuck is going on here?

Attached: 12312312.jpg (170x164, 8K)

who gives a shit what reviewers think? Consensus on Yea Forums is that it's shit go be a fagggot elsewhere you contrarian fuck.

is it released?

People think shit like Hollow Knight is comparable for some reason.
Timespinner is the only other game of this type out right now and Bloodstained is way better.

Consensus on Yea Forums is that it's good, blue you massive faggot.

oh no

Attached: 1553202303190.png (1142x429, 163K)

And they're both good games. What's the problem?

Yeah, it's getting to the point of being weird now. I gave it a pass for them possibly wanting to finish the game with the Day One patch before posting a review but it's been a week with no other major releases to compete but it hasn't really gotten any coverage.

Kotaku has an "article" about it but it's just a quick editorial and not really a review. There's not even a summary or recommendation to it.

What's up with the Dark Matter recipe? Did they use Fell instead of Fey leaves by accident or something?
Seems bizarre that you're not able to craft gold (without uncrafting) before the Den of Behemoths.

I can't believe Iga plagiarised Iga

>He doesn't end his webms with a pose
Not gonna make it

Attached: pose.webm (576x448, 1.26M)

>Says the guy in a thread primarily discussing the game and its strengths

OHNONONONO

Attached: casaria.png (691x326, 58K)

It features an actual woman and not some hamplanet or trigendered otherkin omnisexual, and it's Japanese to boot and features things like actual gameplay instead of 40 hours of space fags crying about their feelings, so of course they're ignoring it.

>all these shitty back portraits
>these faggots literally paid $1500 or MORE for this garbage
I wonder where that money went. For the game to have a budget in the millions it sure doesn't show.

Attached: 1551929233701.png (500x398, 72K)

It ties in as much as Castlevania 3 does to sotn.

I think you're supposed to dismantle things to get gold.

IGN has put out a review of My Friend Pedro and a review of fucking mortal kombat DLC since Bloodstained released. Shit is kinda strange.

>Leaping in the air with your spear to catch the boss orb as Eric in Bloodlines

Fucking good times. Actually wish boss orbs were in Bloodstained. Ending a boss fight with your current Health and Mana is a bit silly. Somehow feels anticlimactic, especially for the few bosses that don't have shards.

Not even that. Ritual disregards everything from Curse.

At least Yea Forums is reliable in that people say every game is shit

You can get dark matter from the dark elementals and dismantle it for all the materials

I love the fuck out of it so hard to be unbiased but yeah that is probably a fair review. Maybe 7/10 would be more accurate but close enough.

They only got 60% of the money after fees, taxes, and rewards. That's 2.2 million dollars, which they blew through years ago. That's a very low budget game. That's PS1 budget game tier.

The game also had troubled development, resulting in firing and hiring teams, and frivilous extra things done.

Ah. Thanks, senpai.

Anyone else has had crashes when looking at a bookshelf? Happened to me twice.

Zangetsuto. 100% chance to crit if you hit Gremory

Everyone on the planet did this.

Alteridian è un fanboy di Ori e tu sei un pirla che posta recensioni di TGM quando TGM è sempre stata una delle riviste più ANALI di sempre.
Concordo con le pecche portate dall'Alteridian ma 6.5 è un punteggio del cazzo.

Attached: q1j6or4by3s01.jpg (1857x2000, 279K)

Happened to me once within my first hour, 26 hours later it has never happened again.

lmao keep trying
Consensus is that it’s ugly, buggy, and good.

B U Y A B A N N E R

>The game also had troubled development, resulting in firing and hiring teams, and frivilous extra things done.
Whats so weird is it came out pretty good given that. Usually games with troubled development are bad

How much do you think professional game design actually costs, you frogposting retard? Unless it's being done in a basement by some indie coder, it costs hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.

Less so, really. CotM was effectively just a dream that Zangetsu experienced due to Gremory cursing him so within the context of that game, it never happened. Even then, by all accounts it wasn't canon and never gets mentioned in RotN.

CV3 at least makes the boss in the Colosseum make more sense in SotN.

Attached: [ENDING SPOILERS] Playing on Ultrawide and noticed a charact (2)(1).webm (426x178, 1.69M)

>Start thread with the one bad review
HAHA BLOODSTAINED SUCKS GET WRECKED
>BTFO by literally every other review
R-reviews don’t matter, guys.

and maybe there is a reason?
But of course I forgot that you are a special snowflake hanging out with your undaged /pol/ friends that are just as smart and special as you :*

And I was wondering why I heard footsteps during the cutscene

>Professor
You mean a wagie? Or a disgusting neckbeard?

Oh, so that's what he was doing during the Gremory bossfight. Neat.
>he actually walks into frame
Damn they made it out to be a bug with widescreen but that doesn't look liek that at all. They gonna do some new ending once Zangetsu is patched in then? Fuckin neat.

Based. I'm glad he's alive.

The game has a solid gameplay base, but it's the equivalent of on fire. So it's a race car, that's on fire, but it manaaged to get first place in the race anyways.

The game is littered with bugs, lacks polish left and right, and the last half of the game is rushed to hell and padded to make the "biggest castle ever". Effectively we're the beta testers for the game, as numerous bug fixes are going to come out in the coming weeks.

>but there are too many better alternatives to Bloodstained on the market
What Castlevania copycats are there outside of this? Hollow Knight as an example is its own thing, it's nothing like the Igavanias.

I got that, but I hit for 130 or so on crits, which feels incredibly weak for how far into the game I am.

Bros... am i retarded or is there no indication of what to do after you get your photograph taken after beating the Twin Dragons?

The very start is challenging as you can get killed in the first hallway due to them sticking a damn dullahan there, but after awhile you end up stomping most things anyway. You can actually get one of the best familiar mobs in the game super early on Hard and they can carry you through a ton of shit. I started fresh on Hard and my only trouble spot after several hours of play is the boss in the Tower.

Do this.

Attached: shards.webm (600x342, 2.86M)

>Like the Castlevania games in the style of Symphony of the Night
>Kickstarted promised another game like Symphony of the Night
>Got another game like Symphony of the Night

I'm happy. The game could definitely get a bug-fixing patch or two but I guess since it's not Bethesda nor Bioware the journalism outlets are going to treat them as critical failures and not endearing tropes of the developer.

Attached: 1560914311276.gif (600x338, 2.11M)

Go to O.D.
The game puzzles are are to obscure and dumb.

They're afraid of getting blacklisted by Konami, then they'd have to pay for the games they review and not get them early either

do people actually un-ironically lose that race?

Attached: faggot.jpg (570x668, 172K)

Is resolution broken? In the options menu the resolution box is blank.

hitbox isn't the only issue, he's also talking about the lack of backtracking and the absence of real impactful abiity and that's somewhat true but I think it's an issue with the "soul/shard" system used rather than anything else.

In a game like SOTN upgrades could be built on top of other upgrades.
For example: bat morph -> fireball spitting -> sonar -> sonar damage

with the soul/shard instead you basically can't really upgrade anymore.

I also wanted more from IGA but I agree that 6.5 is simply a stupid vote. I would give it a 8 even as it is without considering the 13 future free DLC.

Alteridian is a fucking idiot.

i went whip build that downward attack pattern is so fucking good it felt like i was cheating

Game Informer just posted a review, and IGN Spain, IGN Italy, and Eurogamer, posted theirs today.

What happened is that the game needed a day 1 patch to be playable, so they didn't hand out review copies until launch. What normally happens is that review copies are given out up to a week before the game is released. So in this case the game journalists are just now finishing the game after 15+ hours and have written up reviews. The Euros are posting theirs first since they're 12 hours ahead of us. The English reviews should be hitting today and tomorrow.

gameinformer.com/review/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/a-tribute-worth-its-trials
eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-24-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-review-a-perfect-blend-of-contemporary-design-with-old-school-mechanics

How long do I have to sit in a seat? I sat in one for two minutes and nothing happened.

When I clicked this webm I got excited for a second thinking there was a secret boss I missed. I legitimately forgot that fight even happened for a moment it went by so quick.

I was wondering about that as well. Salt & Sanctuary comes close since it has some platforming, but I can't think of many games that fill the Castlevania formula.

There's an internal timer that starts counting once you get on the train that takes about 2 minutes. After that he'll spawn

OD tells you to return to him with a photograph if you talk to him after finding the gate. Dominique tells you to talk to OD to get an ID made after you get your picture taken.

Thanks, I worry being lost like this is a sign of worse things to come.

It happens during a certain point of the train ride, it you got in the seat several minutes after entering the train you missed it. Shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes if you get in it immediately.

When does backers get sent their physical rewards?

>day 1 patch to make it playable
yea sure but the game was released last friday
I finished it at 100% and I'm now on my second playthrough on hard with 25 hours played and reviewers still have to write a fucking review it's ridicolous

I've only been affected by 2-3 bugs so far, pretty par for the course for most modern titles, so I'm not really sweating it. Last 1/3 to me is more what feels rushed which actually feels like a bit of a waste given they made the assets for some labs and such and barely used them. Seems like they could've just generated some more passages to fill it out using copypasta PoR techniques, although how well that works in 3D... not sure.

Good reviews, hell yeah. I hope this game does well.

It's not you, the game design is just stupid.

It takes a while. You need to wait until you get a clear view of the castle

august I think

I would consider S&S a Souls-clone more than anything even if the perspective is 2D rather than 3D. The gameplay and the level structure are both done like how Souls does it just on a different plane.

You know who else was simply vanished without a corpse to confirm death? A certain share-hoarding nun with a grudge against the world.

wat.

You are a brainlet if you couldn't figure out the train or the well "puzzle" there's worse later, but I don't blame you if you can't figure those two out. Just make sure you take the enemye quests from "kill those bastards dead" so you have a chance at figuring it out.

The other is a spike pit area that is exactly like SOTN and just like there you can brute force it. That is one of the worst designed parts of the game is how to find the armor for that because of the area it's in. You should be fine past this though.

The water area decision (everyone knows the one) is the most egregious one. I'm still rather shocked they made us do that. I figured we'd drain the water or something, but nOPE

day one patch to make it playable
i finished the whole game on my pirated copy, no real gameplay issues
only a few cutscene animations are a bit wonky
it was worth my time
would buy on sale

Aight. Do you remember where you saw this? Haven't really been able to find any info

game was released on 18
it's been a whole fucking week and reviewers still haven't managed to write a single line

Well fuck you too, bootleg Dio wannabe! i just beat your ass first try, now wear the glasses of shame and bawl as i take your stupid books away!

HA!

I think she'll be back too, ther's no way she won't be she's the third playable. I don't fucking understand how Gebel jsut up and fucking died, it felt liek Johanes was gonna save him, but no he just went out like a bitch and had no story significance really. So I'm hoping the Zangetsu ending maybe fixes that and clarifies some shit.

You’re a dumbass, actually. Talk to the nun if you’re lost. OD mentions giving you his pass anyways. Read the fucking text.

This is the only one I think was a genuine mistake. If they were going to do that, its drop should have been a 100% chance at least on the first kill.

That's not really plagiarism outside of a college setting. Hell it's not plagiarism at all it's just something college professors whine about because they don't want to get caught being lazy by all of them giving similar assignment

It's getting good reviews. TGM is literally the only negative review so far, and it's not even that bad, giving it 6.5 saying there's better games out there.

Other positive reviews:

Recommended/Silver:

88/100
hobbyconsolas.com/reviews/analisis-bloodstained-ritual-night-heredero-espiritual-castlevania-442813

7.7/10
es.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-ps4/151687/review/analisis-de-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-para-ps4-one-y-pc

9/10
it.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-ps4/156475/review/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-la-recensione

It dropped for me on first kill so I assumed it was

fucking backers...

Attached: 20190622190259_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

I figured it out on my own, but it was still bullshit. Same with the armor spike pit thing, they tried to make it more obvious by making the relevant thing part of the "kill them dead" quests, but it's just not enough to get people to do it. It also doesn't help that they look just like the early game enemies so you think you have their shit already.

>is this a fair and accurate review?
Why should we care if one reviewer doesn't like it?

Attached: 1561218252014.png (640x640, 21K)

Me as well but others are saying it didn't for them. Maybe a bug?

If not and we're just lucky, it's a thing they should address..

Just spam reflector Ray and you pretty much can't lose

> Leaving game progression to RNG

One would think it's their first game but the man has been making games literally for decades. The more I remember about the game the worse it looks. A solid 7/10 for me

In the sequel, Gebel will likely have a way to speak with Miriam in spirit like Albus did in OoE.

>the "Curse of the Moon" feature in game allows you to rollback your progress and visit previous levels
>it could just be Gremory's doing to temper with Zangetsu's progress since she can manipulate dimensions

That "one backer" is the representative an entire corporation.

I was liking the game, but thanks to Mr.Literal Who I have changed my opinion. dis game is trash wahahahah

Attached: mnbvftyu.jpg (387x406, 30K)

and use the Aegis plate to deal with the traps, you still get the shards.

6.5 is like aa death sentence in this day and age, you know that. FONV got crucified for the 72 it had before going up to it's current score thanks to bethesda/zenimax smearing.

>I don't fucking understand how
Gebel was literally using him like a battery. Between his fight with you, he got completely fucked over and went past his limits, and crystalized.

This is how I killed nearly every boss in the game.

The whos
Ft a review

>preordered it for Switch
>picking it up tommorow
>everyone here shitting on the Switch version

is it really that bad?

Is there a better shard than the shield?

Attached: bo.webm (560x564, 2.83M)

Atleast they don't entirely leave you hanging, I don't think I would've heard that dialogue from OD though since I only went that path after finding him initially.
I thought I did, I swear just talking to her again made her regurgitate the same "be careful out there" lines or whatever.

Attached: Spoiler Chair Glitch in Train Station (skip everything and g(1).webm (426x240, 2.14M)

Gebel was being used like a battery, I meant.

I want to play as him though, Albus was also a better character than Shanoa and they wasted him too. I'dve rather the basedboi alchemist died than Gebel.

Yeah. I mean, I don't care, but it's fair. It's still a fun game in a niche genre and I'm enjoying it. That's what I care about. Hope the next one's better; this one is good.

Realistically game reviews are treated like 2 points higher than they should be. 6.5 is a GOOD game, just not super remarkable. 5 is a decent game. 4 is kinda bad. 3 is pretty bad. 2 is awful. 1 is attrocious.

We treat 6 like it's the "bad" score though.

He still barely did anything and went out like a bitch. I want more of him, especially after his performance in COTM.

probably because most people don't want to wait an extra year or two for a bunch of side modes they might not even end up playing

That's exactly what it is. The only path to finish the game successfully is to ignore all of the assistance offered to you. Anything else loops the curse back to the beginning.

The Curse option in the menu does the same thing.

Bitch better not waste the slot.

>game journalist
>doesn't like good games
What a shock.

So you understand giving it a 6.5 is essentially giving it a 4.5. Even if this were the 90s, this game shouldn't go below a 7/10 and I can't agree with anything less than a 7.5. Especially not from some limp dicked "journalist" that doesn't know the meaning of the words they use.

She's confirmed from the game's files already. Nobody wanted this.

I'm still mad they made alkahests cost twelve times more in a patch, and didn't adjust anything else to compensate.
Makes disassembly a bitch in the early game without grinding.

trying to farm that guy for his shard is so annoying. there is no quick way of doing it

Still would like to see some legit evidence, of course.

Final Boss and Antagonist
> I'm evil just because
> Maybe for the lulz

Most plain and simpleton boss character, with no real motivation of why. Sigh the story and NPCs are atrocious in this game.

Attached: file.png (288x557, 372K)

Wooooo how u do it ?

every main human character is confirmed in the sound files, with the exception of Gebel

I guess it depends on your perspective. To me, this game is a solid 9. It's far above average fare but is marred by some technical issues and a somewhat lackluster second half.

Going by a ten point scale, 5 should be a perfectly average game. I'm not a believer that 10/10 must mean perfect, just that it's as high a recommendation as one can make to anyone remotely interested.

I could see the average person dropping this down to maybe a 7 if this isn't their bag and/or they run into more bugs and issues than I have. That's about it though. Anything below that indicates that this is just barely above average and I think any honest person knows that isn't the case.

>normal monsters
>4% drop, kill one every five seconds
>this faggot
>12% drop, kill one every three minutes
God I'm mad.

>plagiarism
Is that really the right word?

in the files regarding playable characters, there are files marked miriam, Zangetsu and "dominic" or something. There was a bunch of posts and sceenshots of it earlier, you can check the files yourself too. It sucks but we're getting big tiddy blonde churchgirl as a playable.

>Konami told them to bury it so it bombs

Wouldn't doubt it if true. Too many cases of games dying because of lack of media coverage as nobody ends up knowing about them.

>He still barely did anything and went out like a bitch
So does everyone in CV games who isn't the player character.

>release complete games
He doesn't know

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THE ONE GUY I WANT TO PLAY AS BESIDES ZANGETSU.

I've played and finished all castlevanias around their release date and I usually don't agree this much with game reviews, but he's on point here

>tittynun
>sucks
Get fucked asshole, I love evil titty nuns.

Brauner, the 3 Dracula candidates, Maxim, your brother in COTM, Genya, Graham, etc all did more than he did and felt more impactful. Considering he was meant to be our Richter he wasn't even as good as him.

I'm in the inferno area and haven't disassembled anything yet.

Should I wait till I max the Alchemy shard?

It's out now for backers on fangamer, if they're being diligent and nabbing their codes.

Link to mod.

Attached: moe explination.jpg (724x513, 171K)

>with no real motivation of why
She was literally orphaned because of what happened and wanted revenge, are you one of the wall lickers that skipped past the dialogue boxes?

You think she has that red soft squishy crystal pussy down there?
not an incel btw

We already got titybunny Miriam, and shovel knight playable, I just wanted Gebil and his crystal bats.

Main Kickstarter comments under the updates

Hopefully he comes as paid DLC later. They've said they have plans for some.

nice dolphin porn

>tfw Iga
>fully inmune to time stop
>gotta fight him like a real man
Im glad we got a proper Dracula fight in the game. Still dont get how you keep yourself in the middle of the room when he use the purple fire.

Attached: 1560897274906.jpg (696x714, 65K)

>Gebel
>Richter
No, thats Zangetsu. He's the clear Richter-alike. Gebel is only like Richter in that he was an unwilling pawn, but Zangetsu is clearly the "older slayer dude" archtype that Richter became past Rondo.

>Should I wait till I max the Alchemy shard?
It costs 27 gold to fully upgrade
And that's just levels 4-6

Seriously. I haven't even beaten the game but this shit is foreshadowed hard as fuck in almost any dialog about her where she isn't present. Then they kind of smack you in the face with it in the lab area, talking about revenge and whatnot.

I honestly would, I want him to stick around.

No, it would be hard, sharp, and jagged. Like trying to fuck a bucket of broken glass.

How the fuck did people finish this up so fast on launch.
I haven't finished this yet and i have 16 hours on it and most of it is fucking around while trying to figure out how to progress.
Do people just use guides? am i a brainlet for taking this long?

Attached: Bloodstainedrotn 2019.06.24 - 23.29.15.02_1.webm (1920x1080, 1.72M)

I had the Twin Dragon’s glitch and they became unkillable. I sat there for like ten minutes as they just looped three attacks over and over. Had to reset.

Nope. At the final scene she basically says there's no god and shit, even if being an orphan was the motivation.... what a stupid and cliched motivation for the main antagonist in the game

Even an middle school student would come up with a better backstory and motivation, the game looks written by a 10 year old

I agree with this philosophy; 10/10 doesn’t mean “flawless”, of your game was “flawless” but uninteresting, I’d rather play some lovable trainwreck like Drakengard 3 or something.

I’d give Bloodstained an 8. What it does well, it does *exceptionally* well. It has everything I’d want from a new CV game, and it’s only held back by balance issues, bugs, and some questionable modeling/animations. (It’s been said to death, but the game really should have been 2D)

he's going in Boss Revenge mode surely, which is one of the confirmed free dlcs, it's where you play as bosses and fight against the good guys

But that was completely unrelated, an unfired chekov's gun
"Demons killed my parents, so I'll summon the most powerful demon and surpass god"

>Do people just use guides?
Yes.
>am i a brainlet for taking this long?
Yes.

It's an acceptable trade off.

Attached: Billy Quizboy.png (489x749, 344K)

That's not that bad
>grind desert ghosts for dismantle materials
>grind gold with Augment Gold
>buy 27 of those maces that give you gold
>dismantle

I finished in 18 hours, and that was with fairly heavy farming for materials. If I didn't farm shit I'd probably have finished in around 15 hours. And I put around 12 hours into it day one.

I have 20 hours and am just about to get invert. I just take my time with these games usually.

I genuinely don't understand how people have 100% with all achievements in 30 hours or so though. That boggles my mind.

>shits on game for 5 hours
>gives it above 5
God game "journalists" are such pussies.

Zangetsu is by far the best character in the game. They did an exceptional job showing and not telling with him, my only issue was Dom's shitty motivations.
I still think the friend turned enemy is Gebel, Zangetsu feels so god damned fresh, he's like if MAria was a bad ass and did cool shit for you.

How much of a retard do you have to be to not realize someone who lost both parents in a fucking demon invasion, might lose belief in God? That happens in real life and we don't even have giant evil monsters and magic castles, bro.

If you somehow manage to have to write the exact same essay again you're probably having to take that class again, something I'm sure you're all too familiar with.

I put in 20hours, I hit level 99 and am now in hardmode on ng+ with all items, food, and skills minus one fucking sword I don't seem to have. It's a real good game.

>Finally done with the granny quest
youtube.com/watch?v=9DpkW7OUVjM
Someone needs to draw this

Attached: 1539093080097.jpg (377x567, 15K)

Why should I even bother playing it again on "hard" and "nightmare"

I can 4-shot iga

Attached: decentvania.png (1918x1070, 2.1M)

Brainlets everywhere today.
>loses parents, comes from obviously devout family
>loses faith in God, vows revenge
>any means necessary to ruin everything because her life was ruined
Pretty simple motivations don't make them bad motivations. Using fire to fight fire is a time honored trope.

imagine the smell of Miriam's pits

Attached: shr93l99f8531.jpg (828x1200, 486K)

She reminds me of Quistis from FF8

If it was so hard it would be too brittle for her to move but she does insane jumps and bends

Attached: 1535350753219.png (640x480, 291K)

Wikifags who have no ability to have fun by playing blind.

it's stillted and cliched honestly. Her set up is good, but the payoff for her is really shit. I knew she was evil the moment the shit with Zangetsu went down. That being said, maybe better dialogue from her would've cinched it.

> atk: 125
> hp: 2k
How.
My ATK was 200 on casual play and hp vbarely was 1k

Try this room

Attached: 1774106698_preview_100% Map.png (3000x850, 711K)

>Catalyst for a character's motivation
>Unfired Chekov's gun

U wot m8?

She was orphaned as a child. This caused her to lose faith in God and despise the Guild. She thus used the Church, Alchemy Guild and Miriam to collect power in order to take revenge on those that wronged her and fill the role of the absentee God she felt the world deserved.

It makes perfect sense and they set it up through dialog constantly.

cute chocolate miriam

MGS was a blessing the world never deserved.

I honestly can't tell if this guy is being ironic or not.

Attached: 1553885001593.png (507x355, 274K)

With these games when you get to end game you have the tools to complete everything else much much faster. Like if you were 6 hours in and decided to grind for 1 hour to make some dope weapons, if instead you just continued progressing and reached end game, then decided to do that same grind, it would take 3 minutes with your much higher luck stat and movement speed

hellhound build with a shitty melee weapon I don't use, I'm doing 2k+ dmg per summon so I literally shit out 4k in less than a sec at zero mp

its actually better if you didn't play any before this one, have fun user

There are faster ways to kill things, but there aren't any funner ways.

Attached: aroundandaround.webm (640x360, 2.34M)

>t. someone playing on hard with no crafting/shard-upgrading/food/farming/grinding

Attached: 1544449385798.gif (240x135, 992K)

2k dmg to anyone without fire resist
Bael has fire resist 100

Probably the Valkyrie sword

Kek that's actually good strat for him

is it even better than 9/9 8bit fireball? I'll have to try it

So, what does look better? The recycle hat or the infinity bandanna?

Man, I don't have anything fun. I've just been using a katana to master the techniques and the fire pillar and arrow spells. Just got double jump.

John Fogerty proved in 1993 it is not against copyright law to rip yourself off.

ohh nononono nooooo, guess I gotta push the button a few more times cause of a mesely 1k instead of 2k dmg. Yeah magic is that broken strfags neverever

>mp does not depplete
>playing with cheats
imagine being this pathetic

you get one throw away line from Alfred about that, where as Alfred's character is set up through actions, dialogue and lore. Zangetsu is done through action, your beta orbiter is done through the same. Honestly hers and Miriam's character are the weakest of the cast.

wait so Johannes is playable?

Listening to green hills intro in my head

Its a discord tranny user dont give it attention.

You get an infinite MP item with 100% shard collection.

user...

Attached: 1559627121188.jpg (472x482, 44K)

What item is it? Gebel Glasses? i have all shards

where the fuck is that.
get all the shards.

yes

All in all, CV games aren't known for their story. "Evil guy do bad thing, go kill them", usually with Dracula being pulled out of the bad guy's asshole by the end of it. Occasionally with a traitor in your midst who was the real bad guy all along. Same thing here, really.

I see, never bothered to even check them

That's just, like, his opinion, man

> check usual places
> only one fairy artwork

Disgustingly shit taste plebs have

Some review website that is in Hispanic.

>he doesn't know
imagine being this stupid

it's not, but the story in this was actually really solid besides a few hiccups and it's a shame they didn't get another pass of the script with some more interactions.

Dom is literally pre-Dracula Mathias. This was clearly intentional, likely to set her up as the main antagonist going forward.

Shardlets, when will they learn?

>I see
not without your glasses

it's still 10% off

>The music was also forgettable.
You got some serious jankass taste in vidya music to say that the compositions here were forgettable.

fuck off Carlos

Attached: 1538993638395.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Oh boy, it's this advert again.

I think people nowadays tend to hold expectations in very specific aspects of games that they sometimes never pretended to have. Bloodstained was advertised as a spiritual successor to Castlevania by a big name of the Castlevania series for Castlevania fans. It never said there would be an epic and breathtaking storyline, or revolutionary graphics pushing UE4 to its boundaries. I'm willing to bet people who backed and/or followed the game from afar were only expecting a gameplay that felt like Castlevania. journalists vehemently criticizing the game on anything else might have gone in with too much expectations

I'm gonna share with you the trick I used to complete the game at ~12 hours:
do you know that if you press the SELECT/BACK button you can see a map of your progress? At that point simply go where the map is incomplete and you can complete the game!

It's crazy isn't it?
For the area of the webm you posted: simply try every doorway until you find the one that brings you where you need to go!

I get that you like many other in this thread are zoomerscrubs but metroidvania aren't really that hard.

Attached: 1541155410415.jpg (713x918, 211K)

Honestly I saw the final boss already and still plan to get the game but its ugly as shit. The 3d looks PS2 grade as fuck too especially for normal characters they should've shelled out for sprites or sprite like work Hollow Knight made a sort of drawn art style work for like less then 100k. I don't know much of the level design but looked at a lot of bosses movesets look okay but the final boss just looks hideously bland. Also the whole shard hunter demons shtick feels like one of those mediocre animes you just skim over.

Not really useful in speedrun at all since it drops in a place you dont even go

it's a really dedicated shitposter
I assume the nigger who used to shitpost in Hollow Knight threads by spamming his autistic chart and pretending to like La Mulana now moved on to attacking the new good metroidvania, with HK instead of LM

Attached: 1529377592868.jpg (1024x530, 199K)

Oops, forgot to set the end time.
webmshare.com/play/RyAr7

>I'm willing to bet people who backed and/or followed the game from afar were only expecting a gameplay that felt like Castlevania. journalists vehemently criticizing the game on anything else might have gone in with too much expectations
You are too kind to these corporate cocksuckers, they will praise literal shit as long as it lines up with their ideology. I'd bet that right now they're chilling to see if they get paid by IGA to review it well, or if konami will pay them to write a smear campaign. These faggots literally don't have an opinion they're not paid to have.

When did people start calling "igavania"?

Honestly y’all can really truly shit the fuck about Hollow Knight already. Thinking that this game should have had fucking Alien Hominid-tier graphics is the worst take I’ve heard yet. I’m sure that shit works with HK or whatever but get that shit out of my CV.

Does anyone know if Gebel will say anything different when you encounter him in the tower but have no shards?

One of the first Bloodstained Kickstarter posts introduced it words and sheep caught it

When Bloodstained started, likely to avoid litigation from Konami, advertise IGA’s involvement, and differentiate a proper Castlevania from the more basic sidescrolling/exploration/action games that the word “Metroidvania” brings to mind now.

no

This is that moron who tried to play the game with a genesis controller and then raged at the game because the controller doesn't have a right analog stick. What a tool.