Where the fuck is it?

Where the fuck is it?

Attached: nintendo-64-mini.png (840x473, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Machina-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B07T5QKKVP/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody truly wants to go back to that gay controller with the middle schlonger

Nintendo literally said they wouldn't do it

Soon my low poly brother, now that Banjo and Kazooie are in Smash and Nintendo and Microsoft are in good terms, they're working out which Rare games to add.

People do want to go back but Nintendo has no interest in letting them realize it sucked, it would hurt the brand.

Nintendo has found a way to go consistently backwards since Wii VC in support of retro consoles and I genuinely cannot understand it

Nintendo will probably try to excrete your nostalgia in a more profitable way, instead of bundling them together. Not to mention the N64 has the weakest selection of games so you'll realisticly get ten games, max.

If it doesn't BattleTanx: Global Assault, I don't even care. I had so much fun sleeping over at friends houses back in the day doing the coop all night. Or playing the coop campaign for Cruising World, upgrading cars together.

Just buy an everdrive faggot it's better than anything the N64 mini could offer.

Just get a real N64 and an everdrive

Isn't it because N64 emulation is a bitch to get running right and that even Ninty themselves can't get it running properly?

IIRC even the SNES mini has a shoddy emulator at best at its core.

how much onions must one intake to want one of these "mini" consoles?

>Isn't N64 a bitch to get running properly?

Considering my toaster pc did it back in 2009 just fine imma go ahead and say no.

DK64 and Rage Wars please

Switch is a step forward in terms of profitability, why they didn't make the wii u a backwards compatibility wondermachine out of the box is a conundrum.
they even intentionally fucked over its N64 emu capabilities by slapping on a shitty color filter which requires modding to get rid of.

N64 emulation is tricky, but mupen64plus interpreter + angrylionRDP does a very good job. The problem with that is it takes super high hardware requirements, much more than is feasible for a mini console

N64 emulation can work, getting it to run well is the tricky part.

Only if we get the full suite of n64 games from rare, aside from Goldeneye and Mickey which would probably be excluded due to licsensing.

It's a shame, Nintendo 64 mini would've been actually something worth buying since N64 emulation will never be quite there.

Just bring back a Wii tier virtual console to the switch. That would be much better, I could finally play some n64 on the go.

It's about 99% there with most games just buy the fucking few games you really want to play that don't run as well. I hope you're not a poorfag.

Like a ton

I am not American and N64 never was officially sold here.

I honestly expected them to do it since they binned virtual console and threw everyone's purchases away (if they were stupid enough to buy shit on VC anyhow). I figure they're probably working on acquiring licensing rights from rare to get some rare titles like BK/BT, maybe blast corps, gemini, and obviously DK64.

Really though people overestimate the power of the first party library. There were some solid third party games on the n64. hybrid heaven, quest64, flying dragon is pretty much the definitive fighting game, mischief makers.

I really, unironically think THE biggest reason we haven't gotten it yet, is because they won't be able to get the 007 license, and no goldeneye would be an enormous thing people meme on, even if they got perfect dark in it's place.

And?

HOW ABOUT THEY JUST ADD A VC TO THE SWITCH INSTEAD HOLY SHIT

I doubt they'll make it. The 64 controller was a load of piss.

But user, that would make too much sense. Nintendo will wait until the last year of the switch's cycle to do this and then release a new underpowered piece of junk and remove the store and any ability to use the VC.

Used N64 cartridge ain't worth 120$ most of which would be shipping. There's being a poorfag, and then there's being retarded.

An N64 mini would likely come with only flagship titles all of which emulate nearly flawlessly anyway.

Probably around the corner now that Banjo's in Smash

You can't announce stuff like an N64 mini with Rare games or Rare Replay on Switch ahead of the characters because that would be letting the cat out of the bag.

They could make a very limited amount of these things and charge some absurd price and it would sell out in an hour. I think nintendo is too focused on the switch now to concern themselves with another mini console. Trust me, I'm sure nintendo will release an n64 classic in the next 5 or so years. The money is always there.

What would the hook be? SNES Classic gave us Star Fox 2. Unles the N64 Classic gives us something like F-Zero level editor, Ura Zelda, or Mother 3 as Earthbound 64, people won't care.

Are there any upcoming Nintendo Directs? I could see them mentioning something like that in the next direct. If they were working on a n64 mini they would probably want it released around the holidays like they with the previous mini consoles.

soiimage.jpg

It would be the exact same as taking a raspberry pi, installing PJ64 from 10 years ago and selling it.
Nintendo can't into emulators

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT

Attached: switch-gamecube-games.jpg (1002x508, 61K)

>tfw running widescreen and 60 fps SM64 on Wii U with the dark filter removed

>People won't care
I don't think you understand the nostalgia of the n64. People would buy it just for Super Mario 64, OoT, and Smash Bros. Anything else would be a bonus. Also the NES classic had no hook other than it's concept, it didn't have any unique releases of previously unfinished games or offer new translations of older japanese ports or anything. And the NES Classic sold well.

NEED ME SOME BATTLETANX

Now you got me hyped thinking of what there could be on the system. Put some of the 64dd games on there

I want a tiny box with ready-to-go Smash 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Tooie Multiplayer, and Perfect Dark etc

I had no interest in the last 2 mini consoles but the N64 and Gamecube minis potential as a conveniently sized local multiplayer powerhouse is a great value.

need to add more third party games, Nintendo didn't make enough first party games for the n64. probably negotiating with companies

N64 is my favorite console and i would love if they released this. If they dont, can we at least get some virtual console shit? where the fuck is it? its free money for nintendo

>all the controller mockups made for things like a fishing rod joycon, a gamecube set for smash, a pokemon themed joycon, etc.
>all we got are some color variants, one shitty handheld only d pad one, and those NES online things that are not made for handheld mode and are super fucking expensive and members only
Christ

Attached: 479284952japaneseprimeministershinzoabegestureswhile.jpg.CROP.promoxlarge2.jpg (1180x841, 85K)

The hook would almost certainly be Rare games and maybe Pokemon Stadium that communicates with the 3DS VC releases.

NES didn't have a hook, and SNES mini's hook didn't make it sell more than the NES mini. That's probably the only time we're going to get something like that and only because they literally had a finished game sitting in the vault.

>Add bluetooth support
>No longer are limited to old controller
Problem solved.

The hook was there were fucking none of them

Attached: south-park.jpg (960x540, 67K)

i just want virtual console games. Why is nintendo not doing it?

Do this and you'll make the fucking thing cost 80 to 100 dollars

Lmao how much did you think it was going to be without that stuff? The nes or snes classic was like $60, right? You're naive if you thought nintendo would make this and NOT charge at least $100. What reality do you live in? We're talking about a company that sells mobile type games for $60 and oh yeah charges you for cardboard and shit internet service. Gtfo

but i do
not for newer controllers but playing a game with its intended controller is more often than not the best way to play it.

Can someone that costs 100 bucks emulates N64 flawlessly?

its that, they cant just shit out a random 10 dollar android part and call it a day like snes/nes/ps classics

The same place as the switch virtual console and the Saturn mini. Never ever land

would only be good if the microsoft nintendo relation allowed rare games to be on it

I could actually believe this is happening. Please be right user

>Banjo Kazooie and Tooie
>Perfect Dark
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Conker
P L E A S E

I could take or leave Blast Corp and Jet Force Gemini but I really want those 5

>they're working out which Rare games to add

Even if Conker probably wont be on it because it isnt family friendly and goldeneye would be a licensing nightmare

They said they weren't planning it "at the time"

did you guys fuck afterwards?

aren't Mario 64 and OOT among the most emulated games of all time? Outside of them though its either feast or famine.

Gotta work out a deal with Rare and Microsoft so they can get half of the good games for it on there.

I rather get GameCube mini

They're waiting for as many people as possible to re-purchase Ocarina of Time again.

If you weren't a brainlet you could build a n64 mini out of a raspberry pi yourself or just get an everdrive

Attached: 1544673705994.png (179x281, 7K)

what are some games do you think would be on it?

OoT
Majoras Mask
Mario 64
MK 64
Goldeneye
perfect dark
Smash bros
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong 64
pokemon snap
Banjo-Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Shadows Of the empire
bomberman 64
yoshis story
pod racer
wave race
pokemon stadium
cruisin USA
hybrid heaven

>ssb4
>on switch

I mean I know the game is a port, but god I miss TP link so much, i cant stand the BOTW faggotry

Logistics controllers are too big to ship more than 1 in a mini box. Only way it could possibly work is if they made it compatible with the original controller connector

>no bajo
>no conker
>no perfect dark
>no goldeneye
yeah its gonna be shit

>Jet force gemini
Vela turbo boosted my fascination with anal sex. If they re released it my dick wouldn't survive

Realistically:
>Mario 64
>OOT
>Majora's Mask
>Star Fox 64
>Mario Party
>Mario Kart
>Donkey Kong 64
>Kirby 64
>Yoshi's Story
>Smash

Hopes and Dreams:
>F-Zero
>Japan only Animal Crossing
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Sin and Punishment

JFG on rare replay is by far the best way to play it now. The controller support is fantastic and really gives the game a good modern feel.

Nintendo has been remastering the same three games over and over for 30 years. Just go to a yard sale early and buy the console they're getting rid of, it will be a Nintendo with 5-10 games. For $50 or best offer, you can get everything the "Nintendo experience" ever was, is, or will be.

needs 4 controllers and the controllers are a lot more complicated to make

I'd be good with the F Zero editor.

Think they wait till decent ARM SoCs become so damn cheap that they can sell this thing under 100 dollaros.
They need a fast SoC to compensate the shitty emulation

No, now but more overpriced indie games

What is it about the N64 in particular that makes it such a bitch to emulate compared to other Nintendo consoles?

>not already owning all these games on a real n64
come on now

Attached: 1558707720198.jpg (600x590, 28K)

I’d buy it easily. Portable GameCube emulation is hard to come by

What if these pointless mini-consoles are the only reason they shipped the Switch without VC, as to avoid devaluing them.

Attached: 1549156722431.png (131x180, 40K)

>muh real hardware
Retro game scalper detected

I can play windwaker, mario sunshine, and soul calibur 2 on my phone

The wiiu vc says otherwise.

Samsung s10?

It has a GPU that isn't particularly well documented and is designed sort of differently than GPUs of today. That and it's got a MIPS processor, an arch which isn't nearly as widespread and understood as PowerPC or ARM.

Meanwhile NES, SNES, GB(C) use MOS 6502/Z80, which was massively popular and well understood, plus their GPUs aren't too difficult to reverse engineer. GCN, Wii, and Wii U, Switch, GBA, DS, 3DS are all either PowerPC or ARM and have GPUs similar to what is in use today

This would actually be more feasible

It will happen eventually. They had N64 games on the Wii VC. This is not something they’ve ruled out doing regardless of what they’ve said when asked. They don’t like showing their hand.

>what is an everdrive

"sorry user but i am not planing to date you at the time"

Attached: 1508852390775.jpg (736x1104, 135K)

Not him but those games play flawlessly on my S10+. They also ran perfectly on my older Note 8 as well.

Nintendo has enough money I guess and just rather let their beloved games die.

like a 2 year old motorola but they work fine imagine newer phones would run even better. also been playing custom robo cant believe how good dolphin is on phone

>small library
>even smaller without Rare games
>shit controller
>you would need to bundle four in since people would want to mainly use it for Mario Party, Smash, and Mario Kart
>logical stopping point for the classic line was the beginning of 3D
>did you think they would just keep going up to the WiiU classic?
You were delusional if you ever thought this would ever happen. If there is another classic system, it will be the Gameboy/GB colour

It's mostly framebuffer effects that rise cpu requirements

Horis got your back as usual.

smile.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Machina-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B07T5QKKVP/

I have no fucking idea.

We should start a fucking campaign. I'm serious. Nintendo would rather slowly ration out NES games then let anyone touch something in their VAST library that comes out afterwards.

The PS1 and PS2 Final Fantasies, what used to be BIG exclusives, are on Switch, but none of the Nintendo based Final Fantasies are.

fpbp