GoG galaxy 2.0 here we go, no steam support

GoG galaxy 2.0 here we go, no steam support

Attached: it's on boys.png (1440x800, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1139729695929327616
youtube.com/watch?v=9n4JAhskw0k
steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>legend of zelda breath of the wild

kys zoomer

why is this OK but Epic Games Store isn't?

because gog galaxy 1 is already decent, unlike epic games launcher, which can't even discover already installed games and blocks you when you buy multiple games because they don't have a cart. also, no paid for exclusive buy ins

they’re not comparable at all

>chink cant understand why people hate being strongarmed
well obviously since your government does it to you since birth unlike us, but its still sad to see

How can it not have steam support when discord does?

>a launcher for a launcher to launch the game
Why do people care about GOG 2.0? Same reason why the Discord store never took off, importing libraries isn't new

It does have Steam support, OP is retarded.

Attached: 1561394895425.png (1920x1080, 632K)

shills thats why

Does this thing start each and every client to update? If yes then what's the point?

but i already have a launcher

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 853K)

So how is it?
Does it autofetch info and images for games not imported from any store?

so how does this work?
start far cry 5 which opens steam which opens uplay to launch the game?

>been buying shit off of GOG since 2010
>didn't get access to the 2.0 beta

Attached: 1560372999678.jpg (766x750, 163K)

It's optional

They said they are sending out invites in waves for everyone who signed up for beta.

>get a launcher to launch your launcher
for what purpose

What does the xbone and playstation even do? is it just achievement trackers?

It links into all the stats of it so achievements, playtime, friends player all that kind of stuff
It's more about having all your games and more importantly the tracking stats of said games all in one place

it launches games

Xbox is just what microsoft calls their PC games launcher, and playstation has PS Now which lets you stream games from your PS4.

They said they are giving off beta keys depending on how early you signed up to get one

Can you buy from it or do you have to launch their respective launchers?

It's optional.

>Microsoft and Epic Games support it publicily
>has support from Blizzard Entertainment, Ubisoft, Sony and Electronic Arts
>Valve doesn't
Really makes me think.

There are people on this very website that said "I don't remember in which store I bought this game". GOG Galaxy 2.0 aims to those people.

Only Xbox is officially supported, the others are plugins.

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 24K)

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1139729695929327616

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24 Tim Sweeney on Twitter.png (640x668, 225K)

good fallout taste my man but that launcher but don't you forget about the games you're actively playing?

Because the GOG client is entirely optional and they're still not paying for exclusives like the chinks at Epuck.

>PC Gamers: What the fuck the game is exclusive on EGS?? I can't download another launcher!!!
>Also PC Gamers: Holy fucking based, another launcher for my launcher!

Attached: iu[1].jpg (900x900, 57K)

>one thing is a problem that people hate
>the other thing is a (partial) solution to the problem
wow, incredible

>implying I ever use launchers

>How'd you feel if the largest & best store on PC started paying for exclusivity? Would you consider that 'fair competition'?
>bu-but they do with first party exclusives! Everybody can do so!
Holy fuck this parasite
The reason he wants in on this is so that somebody using GOG launcher will buy his games through that instead of his cancerous launcher

Attached: Swiney says.png (596x338, 40K)

Steam supports Linux though. I haven't booted into Windows in like half a year.

>will buy his games through that instead of his cancerous launcher
Can you do that?

If GOG galaxy unifies all launchers under the sun into one thing, it stands to reason you'd be able to access different stores through it as well, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9n4JAhskw0k

You can access any store without launchers, who even use the client browsers?

When is open beta?

There's Playnite too, now we will need a launcher to launch launcher launchers.

Oh yeah. In that case, Gog galaxy will make the egs launcher completely redundant to run epic exclusives since you can buy them on a browser and install them using galaxy 2
Gog just did swiney's job for him. Fucking hell

>be mad at ms for abusing their monopoly that you are actively helping them to maintain
bravo swiney

and to think Game Launchers Launcher was an april fools couple months ago

the gog shills are in full force today

Lutris is the only launcher-launcher you need.

Attached: gnuman.jpg (2172x1711, 211K)

1989 tiananmen square protests

The only legitimate use for launchers is building a dedicated MAME cab. If it's a hassle to open a program in your file browser maybe organize better or change OS.

>Connect ALL the launchers!
I cringed

Post screenshots of a game's page

What if you can get Gog Galaxy to launch Lutris?

I don't think so.

Can you use Galaxy to launch X11 programs under WSL?
You can launch Galaxy from Lutris thanks to wine.

Attached: happy-kernel-maintainer.jpg (660x447, 109K)

Nobody gave a shit about the Epic store until they started buying exclusives. Exclusive buying is a scummy, anti-consumer practice and all companies that engage in it deserve the hate coming their way.

So retards?

Actually yes.

Blame most publishers for not releasing on GOG and even those who do neglect it. When you take a stand against DRM and give control back to consumers the industry will boycott you.

Attached: cd02bcf3a63bb03f77ce73f73c0f285e.jpg (800x1025, 133K)

Reminder that most games remove the multiplayer component for DRM-free releases despite being several games with DRM-free multiplayer, such as Stardew Valley and Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

>Exclusive buying is a scummy, anti-consumer practice and all companies that engage in it deserve the hate coming their way

Do you hate all companies then? Or just the Chinese ones? I have no doubt most of Yea Forums subscribes to at least one streaming service.

Will this allow you to launch w10 games on w7 or 8.1?

They don't do miracles.

>Getting a launcher to launch your launcher launcher

post pics faggot

>why is this OK
It's not.

Literally the only thing that is OK is buying a DRM free game and downloading the ISO.

Attached: d3dbd729dd9b4372fa493049b56e9a8c29c645c9_00.jpg (512x512, 25K)

A torrent in case the servers go down it's nice too. Groupees and Humble Bundle have those.

Not him but I don't pay for streaming services since I'd have to pay for all of them because of scummy exclusives. All streaming services are still less shady than epic and offer more.

>Two wrongs make a right!
I don't care how other mediums handle exclusive content. The only practical reason why exclusives should be a thing in the videogame industry are hardware limitations. A company "buying" a game and setting arbitrary limitations on which platforms the game can exist on is a terrible mode of operation, the natural end state of which is a quasi-monopoly of 2-3 companies buying out games from any potential competitors. If you want to live in a world where people don't choose platforms because of the added value they provide, but rather how much money the platform holder is willing to spend on exclusives - by all means, go ahead and support this absolute disaster of a practice.

i signed up for beta ~5 hours after it was annouced. when am i getting in?

Are you going to force Valve to sell Steam-less versions of their games? Are you going to force Epic Games to make a EGS-less version of Fortnite?

A lot of games on steam have drm-free versions on Gog, in addition to some devs selling on their own like factorio for example, because valve doesnt bind them to its store
No game that went EGS has a drm free version. In fact, phoenix point's gog release was cancelled after they went exclusive
what now, chinksucker?
>inb4 you go full retard and say first party games dont have drm-free releases

>The only practical reason why exclusives should be a thing in the videogame industry are hardware limitations.
So, why is Valve selling their games exclusively on their store OK?

No and I don't think I have to explain the distinction between exclusivity in first party games and EGS exclusives. Steam became a monopoly the right way - by offering a service nobody else did at the time. The proper way to dethrone Steam would be by creating a platform that outshines it in offered features and usability. If you're suggesting that what Epic are doing is in any way beneficial, because they're threatening Steam's market share - you're wrong. All Epic are doing is forcing Valve's hand to adopt the same scummy, exclusive-buying to keep up, which again: will only end up hurting the customer.

So I don't have to open 3 to 4 launchers to decide what I will play today.

Not him but they made them and nobody paid them to bind them to their store. Nobody complains about fortnite being on your store.

It's not cancelled user, you just have to wait a year
I'm still fucking furious about this shit.
I'm just glad my friend that backed Shenmue 3 now has to suffer as well

So, why is Epic selling their games exclusively on their store OK?

The point is the same. Saying that the only reason exclusives should be a thing in video games must be hardware limitations is retarded in every way.

Because one is forced (rape) and the other is at will (consensual).

They're sending it to everyone in continuous waves it isn't limited, i signed something like 3 hours after the announcement

I'm not the retard saying that exclusivities only can happen due to hardware.

Read: If you aren't capable of comprehending the difference between Epic buying exclusives and Epic creating a game and then making it exclusive, you're mentally deficient and have no business having this discussion.

>he actually went full retard and asked why first party games shouldnt be drm exclusive
Tell me something, why does ortnite not have a gog release or a drm free version? Maybe because the IP belongs to epic and they want to sell it using their own launcher?
You fucking idiot

They're doing it waves based on region. Europeans are getting in today. America will likely trickle in over the day and tomorrow.

>only can happen due to hardware
I understand that you're likely some esl retard, however learn the difference between the words "can" and "should".

Then we agree that the following statement it's pure bullshit.
>The only practical reason why exclusives should be a thing in the videogame industry are hardware limitations.

Because they made the games, you colossal retard
It's the same fucking reason why movie producers are forbidden from owning cinemas, because YOU CAN'T TRUST PARASITES TO EVER DO SHIT FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE PEOPLE

I don't care if Steam wants to sell >Artifact on Steam, I don't care if Epic wants to hold Fortnite hostage in the EGS, I don't care if Minecraft gives the middle finger to them all
I do care if they outright bribe people tho

consensual sex vs rape

It's not retarded imo. It's a good philosophy to have. Crowny capitalism makes it so making your own games exclusive to your platform is kinda necessary though and that's fine. Stealing games from other stores isn't fine.

I thought that the only reason exclusives should be a thing in video games are "hardware limitations".

do you need to have other launchers installed?

So, we agree that there are more than one reason to have exclusives other than hardware, which was my fucking point since the beginning.

Yes.
>Do I still need to have other gaming clients installed on my PC?
>Yes, if you want to get access to any features specific to that platform, e.g. installing or auto-updating games, cloud saves, etc.

Yes, as far as the topic of this conversation, read: EXCLUSIVE BUYING is concerned. At no point did anyone suggest that platform holders should be forced to give up first party games to other platforms.

stop shilling this useless launcher

daily reminder that gog galaxy is the drm component of gog.

some games require a log in via gog galaxy to authorize online play.
gog sells these games without this included in the download, with it being optional, hence still being labelled drm free, which is accurate because you dont actually have to play all of the game you paid money for.

tl;dr steam and gog galaxy are functionally identical, with the only difference being the ratio of games requiring the client to access all content.

Yes. If and only if you made the game entirely yourself, with no outside funding, you have an okay justification to make it exclusive to your platform.

yes, it's basically a shortcut launcher

>some games require a log in via gog galaxy to authorize online play.
True. I hate that.

It's the best platform there is right now IMHO

Attached: Better_platform_than_Epic_AND_Steam.png (1087x343, 173K)

too bad it has such a limited library

>tl;dr steam and gog galaxy are functionally identical
No, since you cannot buy, download and play a game on Steam without having Steam installed on your computer, unlike GOG.
What you are talking about only applies for online games that obviously require centralized servers.

It doesn't require a log in to authorize online play. The online play only works because of GOG, so it doesn't if you refuse to log in to their servers. It's how computers work.
Steam also give developers servers and tools for online play that developers are allowed to use or not use, their choice.

Yeah. But when I can, I still buy there.

You can manually add console games to your "collection" and I think tag if you have beaten them or not and what achievements you got. Obviously you cant launch them from Galaxy.

you are the first person in months of posting this that actually acknowledged it and didnt spend 4 hours doing mental gymnastics explaining how it isnt. well done, you have earned yourself the approval of some user youll never see or hear from again and has no impact on your life in any way.

wrong. steams library has plenty of games with no actual drm, and can be downloaded, and played without ever having steam.
within this list are some examples
steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

a solution to what?

>steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
>This is a list of games and software available on Steam that do not require the use of the Steam client itself (after the game or software is downloaded using the client)
>AFTER THE GAME IS DOWNLOAD USING THE CLIENT

There. Learn to read. You don't need the client (useless bloatspyware) for most GOG games.

Reminder that GOG.com has...
>no Microsoft games
>no Japanese publishers/games (besides that GOG-exclusive Street Fighter and SNK Playmore)
>no SEGA games
>no AAA games
>missing several updates and multiplayer on a bunch of games
>no Tetris games

There are several games on GOG.com that offer absolutely DRM-free multiplayer.

>and can be downloaded without ever having steam
That's a retarded take.

tfw no beta

>steams library has plenty of games with no actual drm, and can be downloaded, and played without ever having steam.
>steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
>This is a list of games and software available on Steam that do not require the use of the Steam client itself (after the game or software is downloaded using the client)
>AFTER THE GAME IS DOWNLOAD USING THE CLIENT

There. Learn to read. You don't need the client (useless bloatspyware) for most GOG games.

its a free wiki anyone can edit, its out of date. those games can still be played without ever having the steam client ever installed. space channel 5: part 2 is an example. pirate it from anywhere, run it. without ever having steam on your pc, it runs.

sorry, see below