Good idea

Good idea
>Put in a parry system with unblockables and give players a clear sign when an enemy is going to use such attacks. Put in a basic "rock paper scissors" style attack roulette and the player has to react accordingly.

Bad idea
>Put a giant red glowing symbol in front of the enemy, covering a good part of their start up animation from view instead of something more subtle
>Some bosses like Genchiro always use an unblockable after a certain attack, unfortunately the attack that sets up the unblockable causes a giant cloud of dust on top of the giant glowing red sign, making it a guessing game of whether you eat half your life or not

Attached: sekiromikiri.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

git gud. The red character makes the game too easy. I'd rather we just completely focused on the enemy's movements to gauge what they were going for instead of blocking on autopilot and waking up when you hear the !

retard

Fighting game unlockables always have a ton of particle effects to make them stand out.

Bad idea
>making this post as exposing yourself as a massive shitter to the rest of us

Demon of hatred is the worst example of that
>here's a boss that hits like a truck and has a ton of unblockables
>btw he's red like the warning symbol

That's exactly what OP is saying

>covering a good part of their start up animation
Nah, it seems you have trouble focusing, my boy.

>has a ton of unblockables
use the fucking red gourd, asshole. the only unblockable is the dash attack and you can jump kick it

Stop pretending to be many people, it doesn't help your case.

Sekiro is still GOTY

The poster count increased faggot

Whether or not he was OP, it doesn't change at all what that post was saying. OP and the first post are saying the same thing, first post was just a retard about it though.

no, you are just bad

this, Git Gud OP and stop being such a tremendous faggot

you are retarded

I agree that it doesn't change what the post is saying, but more people agreeing with something doesn't make it correct. It's a logical fallacy.

People have no damage all boss runs m8. Git gud.

too short game like dmc5

Sekiro thread?
Yea Forumsros, How do you play Soulsborne games after Sekiro? They feel so old and stiff for me, I literally can't stop playing Sekiro and Furi, but I want to replay sone bosses in souls...

Attached: 1480882823108.png (631x710, 1003K)

>Good idea: make a good game
>Bad idea: remove all replayability factors from your game

You can't. They feel like pure shit after sekino. Also lol just roll for invincibility bro is so lame now. Elden rings gonna suck if they don't update the combat to take some sekiro influences.

DS1 has a mod called fast souls or something like that, maybe check it out? IIRC all animations (player and enemy) perform much faster with less startup, you have the ninja-flip roll speed setting by default, and you can “perfect block” like in Sekiro which works like a parry.

We haven’t seen any gameplay of Elden Ring yet, what are you talking about?

I replayed it 4 times, speak for yourself.

They said the gameplay will be soulslike. Inb4 typical ignorant 4cuck arguing. I don't respond to u retards anymore.

Imagine being shit at Sekiro in 2019.5

Unironically git gud faggot

reminder that DSP beat isshin in 2 tries while the entire gaming community struggled with him. Is sekiro piss easy or DSP just got lucky? we will never know

good idea
>add a parry skill that does not interrupt attacks, stun enemies, or give you invincibility frames
>enemies keep attacking while you're locked into the counter animation

bad idea
>having a functional parry system

Attached: ds_scrn_s_2.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

Demon of hatred is surprisingly easy to figure out once you get his patterns down. He has a fuckton of patterns but with full Gourd Seeds, he can be figured out

You mean quick souls? Maybe someday, but just speeding animations up isn't enough to make combat as great as Sekino

> Elden rings gonna suck if they don't update the combat to take some sekiro influences
I feel the same way. Miyazaki said something about Sekiro experience in his interview, so I hope he will make alternative combat that is not roll spam autism

I can't. All I want is Sekiro 2 now. Bloodborne is just too slow for me

He found he could cheese him with the axe. He got lucky. Anyway no way most of the "community" didn't take 2 hours on ishhin wtf m8 lol

Before I played Sekiro, I remember laughing at the people who were incensed at that one reporter who bragged about beating it using cheats.

Now, I still think that was overplayed but after finishing it, I do feel like you lose something if you don't beat it with your own ability

I’m on my third. What’s funny is the nexus has all these different appearance and weapon skins but I fucking love the default look and katana.
All the different weapon/build options in previous games feel borderline superfluous, since Sekiro showed how interesting it can make things without them - while also kind of highlighting just how basic their combat systems really are.

Attached: 7BB89D51-9DC3-445A-8805-2B272CC49E1D.jpg (1024x840, 50K)

lobosJr took 2.5 hours to beat and he's basically a god at these games. i think its a good indication a LOT of people took many times.
While I dont "respect" the way DSP did it, a W is still a W. He had one in a million RNG and I doubt he'd be able to beat him that easily on another try, but that fat fuck gloated about how easy it was. Took me about 6 tries ill be honest

It will be a DLC, I'm 100% sure. Just wait autumn

Somehow, bloodborne feels even worse than das3 does after sekiro. It feels so grossly clunky and stiff, disgusting. The performance issues are also really bad, and yeah I played both das3 and sekiro on ps4. Bloodborne used to feel better to me than das3, but after sekiro it feels worse. Strange.

I didn't say dsp didn't beat him legit m8.

He practiced off camera

So impregnating rice and journeying to the West is the canon ending right?

See you're doing it again you fucker

he definitely didnt. he was clueless to how to counter like 80% of his attacks. he literally ate every attack and healed and got extremely lucky spamming the axe in the last phase

Is this a For Honor thread? :D

Ironically stay bad straight man.

Because Souls is an exploration-based RPG first and Action game second.
I can "go back to it" because the design intentions are completely different. It's like saying Monster Hunter is irrelevant because DMC exists.

Attached: pooh.gif (600x538, 205K)

You can, but you'll always be thinking "man I wish this had Sekiro combat" the whole time.

t. started playing DS3 again recently after finishing Sekiro multiple times and I can barely stand the combat

I am playing dark souls 1 after Sekiro and while it felt clunky at first, I got adjusted to it and having a lot of fun.

Yeah it's still fun for other reasons, but like I said, you'll always be wishing there was a fusion of both (which Elden Ring might be, since it hints at having prosthetic arms).

I stopped at the last boss. I'm tired of playing a game of 50 deaths until you memorize the boss and this faggot has 4 health bars to fuck with.

you're forgetting the soulsfags are retards

I went back and beat Gael right after Sekiro, it's a lot more intimidating when you don't have a safety net shield and I like having tons of options for tons of different weapons and magic. DS3 is the most fun when you're strategically using the entire toolset the game gives you. I tried playing DS2 again too and even though it was a lot easier now that I felt more comfortable with any sort of I-frame timing it's still just as unplayable as it was before sekiro

Same, I even did my play through as a katana dex fag inspired by sekiro. Was still fun but it took a bit to get adjusted but I became parrying god. Didnt even know you could parry the snake men until now.

I beat him while showing my sister how to do lightning reversals.
>Genichiro is a jobber
>Isshin is barely trying 2nd phase
>Third phase is actually hard because it's hard to see his sword and know when he has super armor but he gives you so many free mikiris you barely have to fight him
>Fourth phase is free as fuck just practice lightning reversals with the fish qts
Also you don't have to memorize anything because other people have already played this game and they've made guides that tell you how to counter every single attack.

Good idea
>gitting gud

Bad idea
>this post

I never look at guides. I mean, I can beat him if I try enough. I got that far after all and even beat the optional demon of hatred which was kind of a bitch to do.

I never had this much trouble with Dark Souls or Tenchu though. This seems to be some bastard marriage of the two.

I forgot to mention that the extreme reaction times or memorization needed killed the fun for me. This reminded more of Ninja Gaiden and I hate that fucking series.

Learn to parry and sidestep-slash bro

FROM outdid themselves with ss isshin. Just when i thought they peaked with Orphan, they went on to create the most kino boss fight of this gen. Honestly, I cant think of ANY boss from any game thats this good. What a fight.

Bad idea
>being a blind nigger

You don't. Sekiro made Soulsborne obsolete.

???

Attached: 252ab08a319ca760c66b23e921e1050aa3868745r1-1000-737v2_00[1].jpg (512x377, 23K)

Yeah to a degree. I enjoyed my recent DaS1 play through but i would be lying if i said I didnt wish it played like sekiro. I'm thinking of going through Nioh again and am curious to see how it holds up vs. Sekino.

Anyone think the way Sekiro telegraphs its attacks is total shit?

Like, each enemy has several unique attack animations of various lengths which makes gauging the timing for when you have to parry incredibly ambiguous on seeing it your first time. It's not like a bullet traveling in a straight line where you can predict when it's about to hit you, the exact parry window is never clear unlike a real rhythm game.

Your parry window IS lenient, and you can just block to get a feel for when each attack connects, but I'd argue this adds a completely unnecessary layer of trial 'n error to learning enemies in Sekiro where you have to spend some time faffing about getting the timings right before you can parry everything like the game wants you to, whereas this could have been avoided by having a simple audio-visual cue (or a set of them for different attacks in the same vein as the red kanji) which consistently appears before each attack lands independent of what the attack animation implies, so you can accurately gauge the parry timing because it's one which most enemies in the game use.

As it is it feels like I have to start learning from scratch each time I have to face a new enemy in Sekiro instead of my skills carrying over between fighting different enemies. To dominate an enemy is to parry or dodge everything he throws at you, and to do so is to know the timings for parrying. When every enemy type or boss in the game requires different timings which can only be learned through trial 'n error, it doesn't feel like I'm learning the game as a whole.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to learn the timings, but merely that the ambiguity in telegraphing merely serves to pad out the game's length which could have been avoided with more consistent telegraphing.

What do you think, is the crux behind Sekiro knowing these timings to the point where the telegraphing as is becomes essential and shouldn't be changed, or is the crux behind Sekiro's gameplay something else?

Attached: angered elf.png (471x478, 199K)

Anything can be done "bro". But when one mistakes costs you over half your health bar and you have to hit the boss a billion times and he has 4 lives, it's not worth it.

I play to enjoy my games. If I'm going to suffer, I'd rather do it learning something useful. Maybe if I was still in college doing fuck all all day I might bother.

Don't bother; Nioh handles like shit compared to Sekiro.

You type like a retard, yourself

You just gotta git gud

nioh for me fell completely apart after Sekiro. the combat, the story, the japanese setting, the loot system, the bosses all feel so meh compared to sekiro. Nioh 2 looks to be an 1:1 extension of nioh 1 so I have low hopes for it

>If I'm going to suffer, I'd rather do it learning something useful. Maybe if I was still in college doing fuck all all day I might bother.
Like posting on Yea Forums?

The whole game is total shit. I never even learned timings. I just keeping tapping block at about the times I think the attack is coming in. 75% of the time I deflect and the other 25% I block. Only shit that ever game me issues was stuff that you had to dodge. Sweeps are poorly telegraphed and the few bosses who have complete unblockables that must be 100% dodged.

5 min to post here isn't the same as 2 hours to beat one faggot though I'll admit I probably shouldn't be on Yea Forums either.

That sounds like an awful way to approach this game. No wonder you didnt like it.

I think you're not playing it properly

A lot of people didn't like it. Companies are always faggots about this. You make the same game 4 times in a row and then you completely fuck with the formula while pretending to sell more of what you want and then wonder why people are mad. Sure it's not as bad as what happened with Chrono Cross or Dragon Quarter but it's nearly the same concept. If the world and art wasn't so fucking good, it would have been fucking annihilated critically.

If you're going to get filtered, at least have the decency to blame it on yourself, not the game.

mashing parry reduces your parry window than if you were to do it one time without mashing

Attached: sekiroguide.png (1276x710, 691K)

A lot of people also really liked it as well. Sounds like you really wanted Japanese souls.

Having even more uniform audio-visual cues that you look for in every enemy sounds really lame.

The red kanjis already exist in Sekiro, and I sure as hell would be pissed if I couldn't know what attack does or does not constitute as an unblockable.

Is your problem that more uniform cues detracts from the gameplay, or that it is simply less immersive?

>The red kanjis already exist in Sekiro, and I sure as hell would be pissed if I couldn't know what attack does or does not constitute as an unblockable.
I agree on that
>Is your problem that more uniform cues detracts from the gameplay, or that it is simply less immersive?
Both. Focusing on arbitrary cues detracts from immersion and if it gets to the point that you're focusing way more on looking for the same uniform cue instead of looking at what you're actually fighting and what they're doing and learning to deal with that particular enemy it detracts from the gameplay. IMO part of the fun of Sekiro was mastering a particular enemy and stomping them. Even the red kanji still requires you to look for what they're actually doing in order to counter it in the best way, rather than just pressing deflect when you see it whatever. Maybe I'm being uncharitable but that's what I see in your post, it gives me vibes of some boring generic action game where the enemy weapon lights up and you press the win button.

>Focusing on arbitrary cues detracts from immersion and if it gets to the point that you're focusing way more on looking for the same uniform cue instead of looking at what you're actually fighting and what they're doing
Focusing on arbitrary cues and focusing on enemy attack animations. What's the difference? You'll do the same thing regardless.
>Maybe I'm being uncharitable but that's what I see in your post, it gives me vibes of some boring generic action game where the enemy weapon lights up and you press the win button.
I'm not saying that every type of attack in the game should have the same cue, but rather that each type of attack should have its own cue.

The actual output for the gameplay would be the same, save for the fact you don't have to waste as much time getting acquainted to each enemy's attack animations, because your thought process remains the same.

I see an enemy doing a crouching unsheathing motion and I know it's a sweep I have to jump over because I fought this enemy several times before and have the jump timing etched in my muscle memory.
I see an enemy about to do an attack accompanied by a cue that signals a sweep, and I know the required reaction and timing from having fought similar enemies before who used sweeps which were telegraphed with the same cue.

The difference is that with the former I have to get used to an enemy's unique attack timings before I can parry reliably, whereas with the latter I can parry reliably even on first encounter because the attack timings are shared with several enemy types across the game. But the thought process is identical.

There's no pvp in sekiro, how people can enjoy it longer than 30 hours is beyond me

Just imagine how people enjoyed games before PVP or before character building in action games