Gamefreak hate thread

gamefreak hate thread

Attached: 1.png (1756x515, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHQvz7JVj3g
arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2007/07/research-optimal-copyright-term-is-14-years/
web.archive.org/web/20130112152530/http://rufuspollock.org/economics/papers/optimal_copyright_term.pdf
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190425e.pdf
businessinsider.com/jk-rowling-is-no-longer-a-billionaire-booted-off-forbes-list-2012-3
youtube.com/watch?v=In2fzBcj2LM
youtu.be/ZKK4cscvb3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gamefreak is in for the long run. No point in making a great game, so great that the next one wont be as good. They have no reason to make great games, just passable products to appease shareholders for a long time.

On the other hand, Yokai Watch is a much more niche series in comparison so they have to step up.

Nyan

Attached: Jibanyan.png (540x482, 190K)

Making something better then faggot. Oh wait you can't because you're busy dilating.

Retard, you have NO IDEA the scope of Pokemon compared to every other game ever made. Imagine having to make new animations for over 1000 high quality models for attacks, damage, fainting, idling etc. and then on top of it making an open world adventure the kind that's never before been seen in the genre, all on brand new hardware and only a year after their last game! You must be very naive to think that anybody could do a better job given the same circumstances.

Both look like shit tbqh.

This is exactly why Pokemon will never be good again

better be careful user, a few morons won't realize you're being sarcastic

>immagine defending that trash

Attached: 321.jpg (400x400, 28K)

cute

Agreed, poor indie devs just can't afford to put more care into their work.

Attached: fly.webm (672x378, 2.38M)

left looks like kiddy shit, right looks like it's for dignified adults

Id rather have them cut the unpopular pokemon so that the popular and new pokemon can get more attention, why cant the fucking thigns say their name by now except for pikachu

Just found out about the EXPRESSIVE new Brave
Bird animation. Pokemon, Megas, and Z-Moves all died for this.

Attached: 1561307723831.gif (480x267, 3.99M)

pokemon is the largest grossing media franchise of all time and they already have all the pokemon modeled and animated. there's literally no excuse

OH NONONO Gamefreak apologists only have the "MAKE SOMETHING BETTER THEN" argument

Here's the 3DS version for the uninitiated.

Attached: 1561307888433.gif (400x239, 1.38M)

I'm not defending it, I don't even like pokemon anymore, but YW isn't any better tho. Of course people tend to expect more from pokemon, due to its popularity.

I'm a brainlet, is the joke here that Breath of the Wild basically did that exact thing?

I feel like GameFreak doesn't like making Pokemon since the 3DS and just gives the minimum because they know it'll sell no matter what.

>"There are absolutely no retarded people on this website"
>Sarcasm on Yea Forums

I miss when XY were the worst games in the series. They look like fucking masterpieces in comparison to this.

the excuse is simply:
people will buy the game anyway, so why waste time polishing the game more than the bare acceptable minimum?
I work for game freak (shh don't tell anyone) and can confirm this to be true

OOF

Attached: 1540653831900.png (471x258, 90K)

I dont understand why GameFreak a multibillion dollar company cant afford outside help to animate all the pokemon. At least get Genius Sonority to make a new IP or even help. There is no excuse for this bullshit

Attached: 1561116918564.png (702x397, 145K)

I still dont understand why they dont just do something like this for every generic move
just some generic biome background and and some generic hazy outlines representing the pokemone

That´s literally a case of "low effort high reward" when it comes to GameFreak and Pokemon. Series has become a yearly one.

>Genius Sonority
For fucks sake, gamefreak already absorbed damn near all of the good employees from them before the 3DS was released. Genius sonority hasn't been the same for over 7 years now.

>"I-it couldn't get possibly worse than LGPE right bros?"
>laughs* "I don't really know"

Attached: 13022017140353_Junichi-Masuda.jpg (532x532, 63K)

We're not a multi millionare company you fucking shieldfag

OK

How the fuck Nintendo allow this?

The right has more soul.

You sure GF is multibillion? Pokemon games can't earn them that much money, even if they're popular.

why can't morimoto be the new director bros

Attached: QfRIJtK.jpg (1262x2220, 598K)

Why would they not? It´s selling hardware for them in holidays. There´s no reason for the to intervene.

>Imagine having to make new animations for over 1000 high quality models for attacks, damage, fainting, idling etc.
you mean the thing digimon does every new game????

Because GF are still working with the sprite mentality. With each new system you have to redo all the old stuff, just because. What they should have done was just shamelessly copy and paste in the models and animations from the 3DS. Would it look bland in HD? Yes. Would it be better than cutting 2/3rds of the pokedex and still looking bland? Yes.

game freak itself brings in less than 20 million per year, but they own 30% of the pokemon company which brings in 2-3 billion per year
pokemon go brings in 200+ million a year by the way

>Pokemon games can't earn them that much money, even if they're popular
I hope you're joking

>Masuda was responsible for 3 generations praised by Yea Forums
OH NONONONO

Stop saying like Nintendo cares about quality when Sticker Star exists faggot.

>realized there was enough space for a 151st pokemon once the debug tools were removed, so against all best programming practices made untestable code changes to a game about to ship just to give the players Mew
>when tasked with directing games, directs two of the best games in the series, the only other one that can come close to his is BW2
>in newer games, was responsible for directing the battle system; the only part of 6th and 7th gen to actually be better than the previous games
He's too good for this world.

? no one cares for ruby and sapphire, they loved emerald. no one cares for diamond and pearl, they loved platinum. you're right with black and white and firered and leafgreen were also well liked

Games alone won't get you billions (in dollar at least). Pokemon is a huge brand, but the games are only a part of it.

I genuinely don't get how they could have fucked the animations and models like this.

They JUST made 3D models for all the Pokémon in Gen 6-7 and they have animations for the Gen 1-4 Pokémon in the Stadium games (there was a Stadium-lite for the Wii).

They could literally just Fallout New Vegas it and port a bunch of assets, just adding new stuff for the actually new Pokémon.

I'm not a programmer but I've seen other companies do exactly that so I don't know why GameFreak wouldn't.

oi, i rather liked sapphire.

i know that the yellow/plat/em versions are more complete for sure, but ruby and saph werent that bad. its my favorite for OST stuff.

How do we kill Ohmori

It's not the pokemon games that make them the most money. It's all the other shitty paraphernalia like cards and toys and shit that do. It's why they let the game be shit for so many years in a row and don't care. They don't have to care. Babbies will keep buying merch and making them bank.

Pokemon fans are literally braindead. It's the only explanation to why they keep supporting that bullshit over and over. Just look how every pokemon discussion is about the pokemon trainer instead of something relevant of the game. I like waifus in my games, but they're on another level. It's like pokemon mind break'd them or something like that.

>"id like to see you do better" argument
That argument is shit. These guys are supposed professionals with millions of dollars at their disposal. We should expect them to make a higher quality product. Doesn't matter if we can do it ourselves or not.

The absolute STATE of Ohmori

Yes exacrly, which is why I'm questioning GF's profit in all that. Afaik they don't see much dosh from the anime or card game for example.

>shamelessly copy and paste in the models and animations from the 3DS
that's exactly what they did, only very few animations (like Brave Bird) have been reworked

prööööööhh buy digimon :DDDD

Attached: Mammothmon.png (1024x1024, 43K)

based mammothmon poster
I just hope we get that Cyber Sluts port for the Switch so Pokefags don't have to buy a PS4 to relocate when their franchise dies

tell bandai to make PC releases and I'll buy

>left
480p/680p
20fps
Huge loading times
Low poly
Small areas
>right
720p/900p
30fps
Higher poly
Huge areas

>right
>higher poly
do you even know what poly means?

Attached: arthur.gif (500x321, 490K)

As a fan of Yo-kai Watch, yeah Yo-kai Watch 4 looks much better (even though this screenshot is from the original alpha of the first game when it was planned for the PS3) but it runs terribly. It's almost as if they didn't optimize it at all.
Every points to the tree in SwSh and says "OH WAO MY BAD GRAFX" but like, outside of the Wild Area everything just looks fine to me? I mean nothing stunning or breathtaking, it's just fine.

>Digimon games
>good
Now that’s a good joke

>Higher poly
lol
>Huge areas
filled with nothing interesting

Masuda...

don't even like rpgs all that much, but i've been playing pokemon games for years.
The fact that i can't use any of my new pokemon for this joke of an """"""""""""""""hd"""""""""""""""" game is disgusting, especially with seeing shit like Smash Ultimate, which has brought back all the fighters, a large chunk of the stages, and much more

>Digimon games
>good
Now that’s a good joke, haha. Please preorder Pokemon Sword and Shield for the Nintendo Switch today!

Attached: 5459592845_622e2552bf_z.jpg (640x426, 93K)

Show me a single pokemon game better than Cybersluts, Digimon world and Next Order

>filled with nothing interesting
nuPokemon is shit; but, please take your ADHD meds before posting on Yea Forums, buddy.

>Please preorder Pokemon Sword and Shield for the Nintendo Switch today!
Hold on a minute...i-is that a mask?

Attached: 1561169379711.png (220x330, 88K)

>Open world with nothing in it good

Attached: 1542391191546.jpg (669x696, 78K)

Did somebody say Yokai Watch? OOOOOHHHH I hateu them so much! They are all shit, they're SO shit you should totally buy pokémon instead, as shitty as it is haha
Someone is criticizing our game on youtube? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAKE THE VIDEO DOWN NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOW
GO WATCH THIS GOOD FUNNY MAN INSTEAD
youtube.com/watch?v=KHQvz7JVj3g

Attached: 1561343373875.png (333x337, 168K)

>if a game doesn't have a Rick and Morty character screaming memes into my ear or constant #l00t, it isn't interesting
>exploration bad
>immersion bad
The game is going to be shit but at least the wild area shit is the first steps towards making an actual Pokemon game since the GBA.

All of them, cause all those examples you gave are shit

I've been seeing a bunch of videos about fans upset with modern pokemon and saying how they would fix it and each one in their video mentions adding MORE player customization. Why? All that play customization has added was making incredibly generic designs and making your character stick out like a clown while you play. The old pre-designed characters are so iconic and have so much personality, just look at how much love the Shield girl got when she was first shown off, but once you get into the game you're going to be encouraged to make her more lifeless and strip away her personality.

Gonna say something controversial
All of the Yo-kai Watch games on 3DS are miles better than any of the shit Game Freak put out on the 3DS

Delusional pokefag. Sad

>and strip away her personality.

Nah, that comes from the characters having on expressions in cutscenes, just an often out of place smiling face.

What are you even saying? Are you actually retarded? They completely failed on making that "open world" look interesting
>The game is going to be shit
>AKA "p-please agree with me"
Pathetic. This conversation is over

>All of them, cause all those examples you gave are shit, haha! Now go out, pick up your Pokéballs and become the trainer!

Attached: 1536276696453.jpg (214x317, 16K)

I've been absent from Pokémon since Diamond. Bought ultra moon last week. What's happened what is this shit

you should totally buy pokémon instead, as shitty as it is haha
>The game is going to be shit but at least
Fucking pottery

Attached: 1542854740837.jpg (694x415, 48K)

They're cutting pokemon, also you can't mega evolve anymore or use Z-moves. Worthles pokemon are worthless again

what are our thoughts on sun/moon?

Gamefreak hate thread????
GRUG HATE GAMEFREAK.

Attached: grug.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>he thinks this game will be 720p handheld
>he also think this game will be 30fps

Attached: 1557624717828.jpg (224x241, 20K)

*delusional digifag. Sad
ftfy

The GameCube games and PBR use the Stadium models too, so it's not like shit like that hasn't been done before.

Z moves are stupid anyway

>Wojak poster defending gamefreak
Of course

Attached: 45734757.png (375x394, 187K)

well maybe if they didn't wasted time and resources on stupid shit like Town we could've gotten a decent game at least and not a horse load of shit

grug love pokemon
grug no like bad thought
grug like good time
grug pretend bad thing good to remember good time

Yeah, but Dynamaxing is worse. Also the game has literal N64 textures

Isn't that just totem Pokémon 2.0

I was actually just making fun of how the OP was written, like a caveman.

Ohmori was a mistake

>"See guys, Wooloo is cheering for you, and you keep complaining"
HOLY FUCK ACTUALLY KILL THIS FURFAG

Attached: 6ed.gif (500x265, 991K)

So, four different dynamax models for each Pokémon, huh?

Attached: 75289639_p0.jpg (2048x2732, 1.08M)

No. It's the new gimmick. You can use it for 3 turns

This
They also cant intervene even if they wanted

silly OP, the game on the right is ocarina of time

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Platinum, idiot-san and probably won't ever again. Why be so narrow-minded as to ignore what progress is there just because on the whole it's stagnating or deteriorating.

Why the fuck do they keep adding in these stupid gimmicks

Yeah. the original, a big version of the original, the big version of the original with red clouds on its head and one that actually looks different but will be exclusive to some few KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mons

One designated shitty open world area truly is a gigantic leap for the Pokemon series. Maybe in 3 more releases you'll get a game that resembles what the series should have been like for years.

>"I don't even know how anyone can dislike the video this time around. You lost, its time to finally accept the facts"
>hides likes(dislike ratio

Attached: 1488332247125.jpg (784x522, 61K)

her skin is too bright, darken her more, please.

There is no progress. It's a large map with shitty textures and nothing interesting on it. They're doing the wrong move if anything because it shows even more how incompetent they are

What's so hard about making an actual effort. Why is GF such cancer

You are forgetting that Pokemon is THE highest grossing media franchise on fucking Earth.

>10 minutes of listening to a furfag
just give me the tl;dw version

NINTENDO

>Making something better then faggot.
sure - but to make it fair, give us $90 billion, nintendo and tpc's approval, and creatures inc. to make all the models for us first.

Daily reminder that Game Freak have all 700+ models since X/Y and Sun/Moon, and they can't fucking animate shit properly...

Attached: Lazy.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

>Pokemon 720p and 30 fps

Attached: lol.png (200x200, 71K)

>all these people just eating this shit up
im HYPED BRUH, DAY ONE BUY

Attached: [anger].png (319x359, 136K)

God when will someone take him to the vet to be euthanized

Attached: https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2F9e45f2cd3d66aae6873e580d606c6eba%2Ftumblr_mng26enQ6E1sp60bio6_12 (720x576, 54K)

how the fuck is that controversial if it's true?

>DUDE PRE ORDERS! EVERYBODY LOVES IT
>NINTENDO WON E3 BECAUSE OF POKEMON
>DUDE WOOLOO IS CUTE
>"GAMEFREAK LAZY" YEAH RIGHT! EVERYTHING LOOKS FANTASTIC
>THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST POKEMON GAME EVER
>EVERYBODY COMPLAINING IS DUMB, THEY'RE JUST LYING AND MEMEING
>STUPID DUMMIES LOL
10 minutes of this

Even though it'll sell by being another Pokemon game, they still have a checklist of features to make it seem shiny and new. New gimmicks, new region, new pokemon, New is better than Good.

>see webm
FUCK YOU RETARDED TRASH, YOU ARE THE CAUSE THAT THIS FRANCHISE IS THIS BAD, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND KILL YOURSELF.

Attached: FUCK OFF.gif (316x238, 2.35M)

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Based Mareep is cuter though

Attached: PSX_20190622_132849.jpg (2711x2582, 748K)

Goodness.

Attached: 7353958.png (1168x768, 523K)

Attached: A176B7E7-0726-414C-BE5C-C10379EEEAF4.jpg (906x1200, 226K)

I don't play pokemon. what's wrong with it other than omg they don't have my favorite pokemon.
haven't people been begging for 3d pokemon for decades? no you get one and just cry about not enough pokemons.
No wonder miyamoto doesn't bother with making games anymore.

There is one, only ONE(1) good thing that gamefreak ever did, something no other game could ever beat, and is this, THIS is the ideal companion, you may not like it but this is how peak performance looks like

Attached: a4b.png (400x547, 121K)

now that's what i call bootlicking, goddamn furfags have no standards

Attached: 1553271902406.png (546x424, 192K)

>I don't play pokemon but
Okay you can leave now, bye

Imagine Monolith got their hands on Pokémon.
>good graphics
>explorable world
>dynamic but still traditional battle system
>great music
>actual story
>character creator
>big bouncy anime tiddies and NPCs/Mons created by japanese hentai artists

Attached: 73476697_p1.jpg (1000x1297, 553K)

>graphical technical fidelity=choice of style
>videogames=cartoons
?

This is the stupidest thing I ever fucking read. Maybe you're just garbage at deisgning characters? Every outfit and hairstyle and everything I used in SM was an improvement upon Mizuki's design. Everyone cheers for every fucking pokemon girl design even if theyre bland as shit so that means nothing.
And they cant look generic and stick out thats literally opposites

Personally cant wait to get the gen 8 girl out of that terrible sweater outfit shit and into something fashionable.

>2019
>hundreds of millions worth of budget
>still can't manage to animate still can't make their game not look like oblivion on low settings
>still can't actually give good animations to what few pokemon they decided to include
how do they do it?

Attached: oblivionlow.png (1280x1024, 1.46M)

game freak suck dick

Attached: 4.png (90x128, 37K)

Where is that screenshot of Gatomon from? Tri or one of the newer games?

>Mega evolutions made her good
>they kill megas this gen
Even she got fucked by this game

>"hey this movie sucks ass"
>"STFU U CANT SAY YOU DONT LIKE THIS MOVIE UNLESS U CAN MAKE SOMETHING BETTER"

That faggot also said LGPE was the best Pokemon ever, and he HATES black and white

It's from Tri

wow that masuda guy is literally responsible for me losing interest in pokemon.

i enjoyed gen 1 and 2 a lot and hated the first gba games and ALL the 3ds games. emerald was okay, it salvaged ruby/sapphire by adding animations (which were a step backwards in ruby/sapphire from crystal) and the battle frontier and was an actually challenging experience vs teh snorefest cakewalk of ruby/sapphire

its very obvious that masuda faggot is responsible for the retardification of pokemon and this ohmori was more of the same.

There are few things more insufferable than Xenoblades combat system. And gameplay as a whole.
And most of those things fall into the Guantanamo bay torture category

Has it been confirmed that Megas and Z moves are dead? All I heard was that dynamaxing would be the new gimmick. Not that it would completely replace the old ones.

>That faggot also said LGPE was the best Pokemon ever
you'd honestly have to be pretty ignorant to think a game that removed decades old feature could be the best in a series
there's no way he actually believes this

Oblivion on low settings is at least 3 gens ahead of sword and shield user...

>calling everyone who disliked the game NPC
these fags lack self awareness

Attached: 1560362139895.gif (480x360, 208K)

Is he getting paid to say those things? it seriously wouldn't surprise me

Attached: 3262366.png (350x272, 109K)

What would Pokemon look like without the perversion of copyright?
Continuing with Pokemon as an example, let's imagine for a minute that copyright worked the way a modern researcher determined would be mathematically optimal - 15 years automatically with no renewal.
arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2007/07/research-optimal-copyright-term-is-14-years/

It may seem crazy, but let's roll with it.

Copyright begins at publication. For Pokemon, this was 1996 - but not all of Pokemon. Some elements did not premiere until later. Therefore, certain elements would enter the public domain later than others. For example:

1996 - Pokemon Red and Blue
2000 - Pokemon Gold and Silver
2003 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire

Hypothetically, these ideas would enter public domain 15 years later, in:

2011 - All 150 Pokemon
2015 - 235 Pokemon
2018 - All Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire

This means that, by 2018, anyone could publish their own Pokemon game using every character, region, concept from the original games (like Red and Blue, Pokemon Snap, and Stadium) and have it available for sale on the shelves of Gamestop. And any producer with the funds could greenlight any game.

Just like that, suddenly entertainment business would need to compete to bring us the best possible Pokemon they could. Bethesda, Sony, Konami, EA would all be sending scripts to Veronica Taylor and Ikue Otani - tripping over themselves to write the best story they could create - trying to convince them to take the role. Copies sent off to Satoshi Tajiri for that incredibly valuable "author approved" signature.

>Pokemon Red and Blue would still be made, and print shittons of money
>Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red would still be made
>Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold would still be made
>Pokemon Diamond and Pearl would still be made
>Pokemon Black and White would still be made

Attached: 1561165964911.jpg (1769x2005, 583K)

This SnS fiasco was the final nail in the coffin for me. I got myself a copy of cyber sleuth and it's better than any Pokemon game I've ever played.

Copyright, in modern times, has been perverted so extensively that it now causes the opposite of what it was originally intended to.

So here is how it started, way back in 1790:
>The Congress shall have Power...to promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

As you can see, the intent of copyright was to "promote the progress of science and useful arts" which includes art like painting, music, and film. By granting ownership of an idea, the creator of that idea is able to profit off of it. This, in turn, creates a financial incentive for artists to create new ideas.

But, unlike physical property, there is no practical reason for "intellectual property" to be protected. Physical property, for example, is a shirt. It is important to know who a shirt belongs to. If you and me disagree about who owns a shirt, there's a problem because only one of us can wear the shirt. If we both tried it would tear in half. Physical property is a house. If we disagree about who owns a house, we need to find the answer. We can't both live there with our families, setting our own schedules. Thus, shirts and houses are physical property that need to be protected by law.

Intellectual property is different because an idea can be shared. I can tell you the idea of a superhero I had, and I don't lose an ounce of it. A thousand people can have the same idea and it does not break. It does not need to be protected.

Thus, the sole purpose of granting ownership to an idea is to "promote the progress of science and useful arts." By offering ownership to ideas, Congress hopes that I will make my idea a reality by writing a story, making a film etc. - thus adding to the commonwealth that we all enjoy. So does modern copyright do this? Yes, sometimes...but it usually does the opposite instead.

Over the past two hundred and thirty years, a critical perversion to copyright law was the loss of "limited terms." To show you this, here is a timeline of major changes to copyright law:

Copyright Act of 1790 – established U.S. copyright with term of 14 years with 14-year renewal
Copyright Act of 1831 – extended the term to 28 years with 14-year renewal
Copyright Act of 1909 – extended term to 28 years with 28-year renewal
Copyright Renewal Act of 1992 – removed the requirement for renewal
Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 – extended terms to 95/120 years or life plus 70 years
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) – criminalized some cases of copyright infringement and established the Section 512 notice-and-takedown regime.

As you can see, the original duration of copyright was 14 years with an option to renew once (for a maximum of 28 years total.)

This is almost unimaginable compared to today's concept of copyright, which can last for 120 years or more automatically, and 70 years at a minimum. Yes, the minimum duration is now two and a half times longer than the maximum was originally. Wow!

What does this mean?
Established brands are much easier to market, and therefore less risky. This makes everlasting copyright an important tool for the giants of modern entertainment like Disney. Why fund a director's new idea for a superhero when you can just pump out Spider-Man 17? Or Toy Story 5? Or Star Wars Episode 21?

Ironically, this means that copyright has been twisted to now lead to less creativity and new ideas making it to film.

On the other hand, it also robs the commonwealth of the ability to express their own culture. The children who grew up with A New Hope turned 41 this year. Think about that...they were born into a world where Star Wars has always existed (from their perspective), they got education, careers, their own families. Some went to film school, or became writers because they were inspired by Star Wars. But sadly, they will most likely retire and die in a world where they never got to make a dollar adding to the thing they loved.

So who gets to make a Star Wars film instead? Only whoever Kathleen Kennedy (CEO of Lucasfilm) feels like...Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams, I guess. Out of an entire generation and culture.

You might mention fan films or fan fiction as a counter-point but this is irrelevant. By removing the ability to profit, these writers would be foolish to spend the time and energy (for writing) and the money (for filming) necessary to bring those stories to life. People need to eat, they can't go into crippling debt just to express their culture. So, without a way to profit, fan fiction and film will always be a very low tier of art - rushed out, passion projects or just for practice/experience - meaningless in the large scale of things.

PDF to study: web.archive.org/web/20130112152530/http://rufuspollock.org/economics/papers/optimal_copyright_term.pdf

15 years. Not 150 years. How can we justify this bullshit?

He's a Pokemon channel, so he needs people to be hyped about the game to make money.

What did we get in 2018 instead? Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! And everybody got tricked into spending $60 for it.

Which version of 2018 would you prefer? As it is, Nintendo can offer whatever quality they want - even if it's garbage. They have a monopoly on the property. They could decided tomorrow that they don't want any more new Pokemon. They could sit on the property for 50 years, publishing nothing - no new books, films, games, nothing - and there's not a thing we could do about it. A cornerstone of our culture...complete control.

Wouldn't this be unfair to Satoshi and original creators? No. Fifteen years is a long time.

>By 2018, Nintendo's annual income was $1.79 BILLION
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190425e.pdf

Not bad...an entire generation of fans had thanked them for adding to our culture by giving them a huge pile of money. And, since the property would be free to anyone there would be nothing stopping Nintendo from continuing to sell stories from the world they created. As a bonus, anything with its name attached would always have the advantage in game sales.

Another example to look at would be J.K. Rowling. Fifteen years after she published Sorceror's Stone, Rowling was already so tired of being a billionaire
businessinsider.com/jk-rowling-is-no-longer-a-billionaire-booted-off-forbes-list-2012-3 that she donated $160 million to charity. Again, not a bad trade for enriching our culture by sharing her idea. Fifteen years is a long time.

>likes LGPE
>hates BW
>brings trump out of nowhere in his video

Attached: 1557321418268.gif (500x334, 1.27M)

>NPC
He actually said it

Attached: 1542606774675.png (1039x887, 437K)

So we can all agree that the petting/grooming your Pokemon thing was a huge mistake, right?

Because of them, each Pokemon needed an animation for:
Sleeping and waking up from a nap which wasn't used for battle.
Getting petted
Recoiling after being touched somewhere they don't like
Cheering
Eating
Plus implementing them being able to move thier head to track the food.

If these were never made, they could've used those resources to give each Pokemon an additional 2-4 animations for attacking or reacting to getting hit.

Attached: DygbJGCX4AARrFe.jpg (1024x504, 98K)

bruh

Attached: 153.jpg (304x368, 56K)

Graphics are more than artstyle and character design. Pokemon changes its look from gen to gen. CalArts artstyle is soulless and conveyor belt.

So why aren't they trying? Why have they tried to go for a realistic graphics style when the switch cant handle it OR they're just trash at making games? Why not just go for a safe style like BOTW or odyssey did

Fuck off, Masuda, me and my waifu are going to go play a GOOD game.

Attached: 1561066278878.png (222x287, 70K)

There are 48 replies to that comment and all of them are hidden for me.

Anyone else hoping the game fails hard so he can eat his own shit?

Attached: 668.jpg (400x400, 24K)

They already made 3D pokemon on 3DS, this is supposed to be a mainline console pokemon game and have much higher quality than a handheld. Despite this the graphics are about comparable to Sun/Moon when the switch is obviously capable of much better in the hands of competent devs. BotW and Mario look pretty great all things considered, even Skyrim was optimized to play on switch with no issues.

On top of that it will still be the same tired game except supposedly "open world" but that literally means nothing, in the older games you still had to explore and I sincerely doubt that pokemon will be any less linear just because they upgraded the areas from a 15 square wide straight path into an open field.

and then there's the fans. People have been shitting on this series forever because Game Freak is lazy... Suddenly everyone only realizes it because you won't be able to use every pokemon in the new game. Frankly, this would be fine if we were actually going to get anything improved compared to previous iterations besides gimmicks. Unfortunately we have seen that the game will be a big disappointment. About the only good thing they have ever done was take out HMs.

I agree, but there's just something I really like about naked sheep giraffe

Attached: 1557219503098.gif (363x290, 410K)

>so he can eat his own shit?
him being a furfag, i bet he will enjoy that

>Imagine having to make new animations for over 1000 high quality models for attacks, damage, fainting, idling etc.
They did that once. For X/Y. Every game after that was just reusing shit over and over.

It's quite impressive to see how quickly the fans turned on Gamefreak, this reminds me of Megaman fans with Capcom.

The Switch can handle low end PS4 games. It's more graphics intensive games it struggles with. Pokemon won't go photorealistic because at the end of the day Pokemon is meant for a young audience.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 66K)

CAPCOM are the ones who turned on megaman fans first, not the other way around.
This was also the exact same period of time where they published Ninja Theory DmC and told fans to eat shit.

>Punished Ohmori

Then why aren't they just doing this but with less detail i.e. stylised and then any BOTW valley for the routes

Attached: super-mario-odyssey.jpg (1200x675, 174K)

>The Switch can handle low end PS4 games.
the switch can't even handle ps3 games.

Attached: 1511506408997.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

Oh, that's right, my bad. So Nintendo made the first move on the longtime dedicated fans by making shit awful and catering to casuals aka Pokemon LGPE.

>The is your average pokebab
Embarrassing honestly

Game Freak turned on Pokefags years ago, it's just that some of them only started noticing that now. The game will go on to sell at least 14 million copies anyway.

>dilating
what is this new meme im seeing fucking everywhere it makes no sense

it's a /sci/ meme about time dilation caused by morbid obesity basically loose weight, fatty.

It's really disgusting so you've been warned:
Trannies who have a fake vagina have to insert a phallic object up their would so it doesn't close up. Every day.
It's similar to how piercings close up if you don't wear earrings.

Friendly reminder to thank normalfags for ruining the series.
If LGPE wasn't a huge success then we might not be in this situation

Based Yo-Kai Posting

Attached: 626.jpg (663x711, 67K)

Sounds like you love thinking about trannies, huh? ;)

based

kek

based
DIGIFAG BTFO.

>13:20
youtube.com/watch?v=In2fzBcj2LM

Attached: 1552277972570.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

today i will remind them

Attached: howcansheflap.gif (500x624, 83K)

Okay, discord, sit down. Do something useful and raid twitter instead

>Flat, solid, boring as fuck textures
>tops any expectation we could have about pokemon on Switch
Brehs he's actually serious...

Attached: 623623865823.png (486x388, 278K)

Play Monster Hunter Stories.

Attached: 91eQ-DWWfML._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1372, 402K)

Every comparison to breath of the wild hurts.
Big open areas are not a new concept

I get angrier with every word he says

Attached: 40813.jpg (701x400, 56K)

I think he means it more like "Zelda got theirs so we finally get ours"

>400 different Lillie models

Attached: guh.png (216x228, 21K)

Isnt this turbo autist hated by a ton of people? Why does he have so much support?

>Gamefreak is in for the long run. No point in making a great game, so great that the next one wont be as good. They have no reason to make great games, just passable products to appease shareholders for a long time.

100% this.

Raising the bar is against their financial interest. If they make a Pokémon game that's actually impressive then people will start to expect that level of quality afterwards.

Literally little children

youtu.be/ZKK4cscvb3s
Serebii Joe Just posted a video of him playing the Demo. WoW! Looks so cool. This is totally worth losing half my Pokémon. The new animations for Steel Wing and Liquidation. Oh man, i can totally see where all that dev time went! Also check Webm. Popin isn't only for raid battles and shit. Christ this game looks like shit.

Attached: 1561399104510.webm (1920x1080, 1.28M)

so in other words he's /ourguy/

Looks like ubisoft developed this

Is Luxray in?

>Smug tone*
>"HOW...How are these not the games that we've hoped for... OPENNN WORLDUH pokemon. With the BEST graphics we've seen delivering EVERYTHING that we could deliver on Nintendo switch with the most ambitious region and largest scale pokémon ever with many, many new features"
I kind of want to kill somebody right now.

Attached: 1557447446387.png (841x849, 956K)

Anyone have that comparison webm with the recent Digimon game animations?

More like Sword and Shill

Would you look at how cool Steel Wing looks now! Much better than Gen 6/7! I'm sorry Masuda-san. I understand now. This was worth losing Pokemon!

Attached: 1561398457797.webm (1920x998, 2.94M)

current games are a downgrade

>"its just a game" makes you an apologist

Attached: 1537106820473.jpg (249x246, 26K)

IT'S JUST FUCKING FEATHERRRRRS MASUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1541078431889.jpg (512x411, 44K)

> ITT Yea Forums discovers Dogfucker
Welcome to our painful world. Can't watch a single Pokemon vid on YouTube without this cunt popping up in my timeline everywhere.

Attached: wGEFKKL.jpg (900x807, 108K)

Attached: 1561366629774.png (393x441, 12K)

That's an insult to Ubisoft.

Don't mind me officer, just bringing my Galar Drednaw across the border

Attached: 1561035289773.png (1200x1200, 1008K)

kek

Play Dragon Ball Fusions also

Attached: dragon-ball-fusions.jpg (640x640, 138K)

Yucky

Already designing a game every weekend with friends, hell I've done more animating in school than GF wants to even after I fell behind.

That's liposuction retard.

2019年のグレートポケモンカリング The Great Pokemon Culling of 2019 全国図鑑 National Dex バトルフロンティアBattle Frontier 3DS の最適化 3DS Optimization ポケモンコンテスト Pokemon Contests 世代を超えた進化 Cross-generation evolutions 飛行ハガネール Floating Steelix メガシンカ Mega Evolution トリプル バトル Triple Battle ローテ バトル Rotation Battle ポケモンワールドトーナメントPokemon World Tournament 森本茂樹Shigeki Morimoto 岩田 聡 Satoru Iwata データ圧縮 Data Compression ずかんナビ Dexnav ウルトラチェンジ Ultra Changes

MASUUUUUUUUDAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1560433435777.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

NOOOOOO DELET DELET DELET

that is a straight fucking downgrade

If I was in charge of a billion dollar company that has zero chance to fail and infinite resources and pull in one of the largest gaming companies in the world, why would I NOT make a fantastic game??

FUCKING FEATHERS

now find a webm of it in gale of darkness or battle revolution where it looks even better
the excuse is that people ALWAYS want more money. look at fucking ea, when was the last time they made a good decision because they had the money to do so?

Im convinced everyone here knows what dilating is and its context on this board but just likes to ask to get an answer because its absurd what it actually is.

Actually that's kind of a valid argument. Chefs are trained to have better pallets than their customers, so it's possible for a customer to be wrong or have bad taste. You can't say a cook's spaghetti is bad if you expect it to taste like ice cream.

based

i had to google it recently because i didn't know tranny vaginas literally force themselves shut. i had always assumed there was some sort of prosthetic in place

who is going to have fun watching you play a game with stilted movement on an empty, ugly overworld with the occasional interval with boring, clunky turn based battles where animations stuttering and freezing is the expected norm?

on a handheld, you could argue that it's more of a guilty pleasure; a small screen means it's more personal and the experience is just for you to see, but with being on a television, you'd expect it to be a bit of a spectacle to the observer, right? am i crazy?

Attached: 1557870741195.png (352x315, 260K)

>Bro trust me it's not a pile of shit it's gourmet food

Kek

Yes, that's correct. People confuse yogurt with ice cream.

But I can definitely say that a game that's removing tons of content, using four clouds as your skybox, having models with almost 0 animations, textures from 5 generations ago, and retarded programing is a fucking awful piece of shit. Also
>food analogy

Attached: 82357683276.jpg (600x605, 32K)

masuda is the type of "chef" who appears on bar rescue.

No, it was one of the best additions to the series. Tons of nice and expressive animations for bonding with your Pokemon. Rather that than the soulless battle machines they usually were.

>when was the last time they made a good decision because they had the money to do so?
In NBA they added that feature where you can take a picture of your face and fully render yourself as a playabkw character into the game. That was fucking cool and the reception was amazing.

But back to my point. Gamefreak has lived inside a bubble for decades now. For more than 30 years they have never been seriously challenged and they never needed to adapt or change. They've been developing games for the previous generation their entire life, always using the excuse that they exclusively design for handheld, and not once had they needed catch up or innovate. Now that they are on a console we're being shown their true colours. That they are lazy, unambitious children who have milked an idea harder than anyone in nintendo.

Now that nintendo is forcing them to develop for the switch we're going to see a different side of Pokemon.

kek

>we're going to see a different side of pokemon
i highly doubt it. game freak will continue to do the same shit until they're completely bankrupt

based waifu

Attached: 1561237188138.png (1891x1619, 790K)

genuinely interesting, thank you user

Thanks to you, who kept buying both versions of the game and the third version, for letting gamefreak know that they can release a wordt version for full price and then a newer one later.

Thanks to you, who bought lgpe, for letting game freak know that you'll buy a game that doesnt have all the pokemon avaliable

Thanks to you, who played pokemon go for letting game freak know that they can get away with mobile quality games in their mainline titles

cute pits, cute thighs and cute flatness

>Watching Bar Rescue
You are everything wrong with Paramount Network.

I don't know why everyone's defending Yokai Watch when the Digimon games are better. Is Yokai Watch still piss easy with auto combat?

don't ask questions, just post it and then get excited for next hate train.

Pokemon Sword is the first time I've seen people saying that a switch game looks like a bad PS2 title and be right. It looks awful

Could this be the birth of an epic new maymay?

Redpill me on the Yo-Kai franchise, Yea Forums

Attached: 1561081817538.gif (720x800, 127K)

The PS3 version is running in potato mode user, the Switch version looks better

Shota/Loli finds watch that lets him see Yokai (Mythological japanese spirits that are responsible for everything bad in this fucking planet) And it's his job(?) to capture, befriend and kill them

Nice ad hominem

>it's a /sci/ meme about time dilation caused by morbid obesity basically loose weight, fatty.

Attached: 1557327655294.gif (250x355, 1.34M)