Are they the two greatest protagonists in games?

Attached: 1561385747278.jpg (600x338, 43K)

not even close

nah but they are pretty dang cool

Yes, absolutely

you must have a iq below 50 if you think so

no you s o y tard

name better written, more believable, better voice acted player characters.

you literally cannot.

Playing as John felt badass in 1, but I never liked Arthur. He’s a whiny bitch. John wanted his family back, but Arthur just goes along with the bad shit then whines about it.

>Link and Doomguy have more personality with essentially no spoken dialogue

Nope

Fuck Doomguy

>n-no my obscure jrpg weeb characters are way better!

Arthur is. John is just boring and kind of dumb

nice meme

John went along with it wiith the gang for a while and also married a whore and is daddy to Dutchs kid. Arthur is BASED

Why are Space marines and demons so muscular?

shut up anime faggot.

I don’t like Arthur because I think he feels too much like a vessel for the player. He doesn’t have a ton of personality

Attached: MangoMan.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

OP is wrong.
Cast him in.

PC never ever

corn fed

John did more to help the world than Arthur sure did

For me, it`s honestly a toss up between these two and Raziel and Kain.

Attached: raziel and kain.jpg (1357x1600, 1.07M)

Yeah, one is an idiot who follows a communist leader, the other is a greasy haired Mexican who pretends to be Irish, but you only play as one at a time.

Dilate in hell.

Attached: Cristof_darkages_design.jpg (310x813, 114K)

Arthur's personality is pretty obvious, he plays the simpleton at every opportunity and remains modest, but when he thinks and writes to himself theres a level of perception displayed that proves he isnt as "BANG BANG SHOOT GUN ANGRY" as he lets on, further evidenced whenever he interacts with Charles who almost immediately cottons on when he attempts it with "You aint as hard(?) as all that"

>I’m so sensitive abloobloo: the gunslinger

arthur is great, but definitely no where near top 5.
John is fucking garbage. Who thought it was a good idea to make you play as a mouthbreathing 60IQ retard who looks like a rodent?

>two pretty boy badasses with hearts of gold written to be as likable as possible despite their rough exterior
>one of them is absurdly woke

is RDR actually written for women? it's like a western made for tumblr

>badasses with hearts of gold written to be as likable as possible despite their rough exterior
John was a cunt in RDR1, he only helped Bonnie because she saved his life. He didn't give a shit about anyone else and only did what needed to be done to save his family.
Arthur was an even bigger cunt, because he has the chance to rob people and kill anyone that wronged him.

Nope. But when it comes of greatest duo protagonists in Wild West, then pic related deserves it.

Attached: SBR.jpg (1500x1168, 1005K)

Nope, that would be Peanus and Weenus. Haha.

John wasn’t as obnoxiously sentimental as Arthur. The game didn’t really pretend that John was a good man or always have him display admirable self doubt, he just wanted his family back and try to live a new life.

>rdr1
>agent ross actually has a good point
>rdr2
>Milton is just a cartoonishly evil dick

> Blocks your path

Attached: 1428059748212.jpg (1242x1000, 215K)

>cartoonishly evil
what's evil about him, mongoloid?
he's hunting a bunch of outlaw niggers, how the fuck is that evil.

How can a game so slow and boring with absolute clunkfest controls ever be considered even remotely enjoyable? Fuck me what a pile of shit it is.

what? arthur is hard as fuck. his biggest struggle is with himself, he's like an addict. he WANTS to be more sensitive but his built in behaviors that makes him do shit he doesnt agree with deepdown cause depression and complications. at the end of the day he isn't sensitive enough so he hates himself

It’s how the game presents it

>Yea Forums likes generic white dudes

Attached: 6FA8519B-9189-457E-BFB6-74757879842A.png (645x773, 11K)

Yea Forums hates Yea Forums and Yea Forums hates Yea Forums
I wonder why, aren’t those boards part of Yea Forums?

the only cartoonishly evil thing was what happened with josea. besides that he was just being a police man doing his job

No his biggest problem is that he’s a sad sack whiner who refuses to change his shitty way of life.

how you coping there user?

Attached: 1560359470245.jpg (882x863, 235K)

>neither makes a sexy robot to obey their every whim and become fuck buddies with
Cringe...

Attached: download.jpg (736x1511, 76K)

yeah, that is basically what i said.

literal who?

quite the opposite for me. I found myself actually changing how I interacted with the game’s world as the story arc went on.

Arthur is

Look I like Arthur and John but JC Denton still exists.
It's set in 1899 nigga.

Attached: 1558658312897.jpg (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Rent free

lel no

they are the greatest two piece of shits in a game, mass murderers who hated to work so they decided to kill countless of innocent people instead

The truth is, I think most gamers totally relate to Arthur. He’s a character without much character, which is exactly what players are encouraged to be. They know something isn’t quite right, but they keep following along. They can’t muster the gumption to insist on anything different. They know Dutch is a con artist, but they need the con to live. They’re just too deep in to turn back now. It’s not pretty. It’s kinda sad. And it offers no redemption.
Like Arthur, you don’t need to be a true believer to perpetuate the con. A con relies on skeptics as much as the faithful. Those who remain just suspicious enough, just aware enough to convince themselves they’re not being conned. Even as they go along with it. You tell yourself: I see what’s going on here, I see the faults, I’m no fool. Even as you mount your internal defenses, justify your actions, and play along. Do this long enough and you become the best mark of all. The mark who thinks they’re in control, who can quit anytime. Complete self-deception comes from thinking you’re un-con-able. Sure, you might have a modicum of self-awareness. Just not enough to make a difference.

They are.

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Geralt was boring, imo.

Arthur, the saddest sack in the old west? Whose entire emotional range is variations of sad: mad sad, weary sad, dirty sad, lapdog sad. I done some bad things ma’am sad. Are you not tired of being asked by a videogame to understand Mr. Bad Man?

I like John, nothing wrong with John. John has nothing on Arthur, what a man, what a sinner. Arthur is my champion.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190602125123.jpg (3840x2160, 1.95M)

I honestly think people’s impressions of John are soured by 2. He was a lot cooler in the first game.

My kingdom and all of Red Dead Online for Undead Nightmare 2.

Attached: 1388945842770.jpg (875x1141, 126K)

Has any game captured the feeling of everything going to absolute shit as well as RDR2?