What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: hitman-2-test.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hc8_W2PERZE
twitch.tv/iointeractive
youtube.com/watch?v=QJhq0wNsNVY
youtube.com/watch?v=fvU9EL4zd1M
steamcharts.com/app/863550
steamcharts.com/app/236870
store.steampowered.com/app/236870/HITMAN
store.steampowered.com/app/863550/HITMAN_2/
ioi.dk/hitman-2-the-bank/
twitch.tv/videos/443560222
youtube.com/watch?v=eGd61s3UAug
youtube.com/watch?v=aj51Np8oAG4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ltm4I5mEVc
youtube.com/watch?v=KeEMlr_bb0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=C3HXYNOzW6A
youtube.com/watch?v=6SNdhYJWsiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Minimal story
Lots of gameplay and player interaction

Using the budget for gameplay instead of cutscenes. Although Hitman 2016 's cutscenes were brilliant, the minimalistic approach in Hitman 2 doesn't make the game any worse.

magic

youtube.com/watch?v=hc8_W2PERZE

building upon what made 2016 good instead of trying something new

IOI monthly any second now niggas
twitch.tv/iointeractive

DALE

Get in agents

Attached: hitman.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

Cool, I clicked on this thread at the exact right time. Hope the Bank is fun, it doesn't sound as initially interesting as the resort level.

It begins

Holy KINO

do you get the missions from the first one in this? are they still making missions?

Attached: 1540718053890.gif (311x362, 1.99M)

Really hoping the second one goes on sale this week. I've played the hell out of the first one but can't afford 120 canuckbucks for the gold edition.

yes with the legacy DLC
yes

It's up
twitch.tv/iointeractive

yes and yes
there are currently 6 locations from s1, 6 locations from s2, bank location releases tomorrow and resort location releases in fall
oh and sniper maps are here too but who cares
man I love this game, for someone who loved BM nu hitman is pure level design kino
put 150 hours in it already

Look for it on key sites, it's really cheap. I paid like £15 for it months ago.

what the fuck are they talking about

the dx12 mode in this game finally works unlike hitman 1. i gained literally 25 fps.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJhq0wNsNVY

i bought it from here for piss cheap

my fps on dx12 way way worse than with dx11 when they introduced it, did they improve the performance?

forgot pic

Attached: 27c93e590c2.png (865x607, 197K)

i paid 20 quid for the gold edition last week. paid another 6 quid on kinguin for the legacy pack. so much content and replayability for just over 25 big ones. i'm not gonna be bored for ages.

depends on what processor you have. if you have a 4 core i5 you're not going to gain much and might even lose performance going from dx11 to dx12 but i recently upgraded my old i5 to a cheap i7 within the same platform and those are the processors which dx12 benefits from because of the extra threads which can be utilised.
screenshots taken literally 2 days ago.

Attached: dx11vsdx12-2.jpg (1920x2160, 1.28M)

Can I wear a ski mask and make 47 say cheesy lines like "Nobody move," and "Put the money in the bag"?

The new bank level will only be available for expansion pass or gold edition owners, though. EP costs 39 € at the moment. Much too expensive for just two new levels and a few goodies.

I just want him to say "I'd like to make a withdrawal" and find out how much money he has

alright, I have 6 core i5 so I'll give it a try again, thanks

it costs 14$ if you use a keyshop, not that bad
it used to be a bit cheaper tho, now the prices will raise after the DLC gets released

If I own the 2016 version will I automatically get the levels too?

how do i unlock levels? i have the gold edition?

yes

>letting ESL devs speak on stream at all

Attached: 575682342341.png (1166x849, 984K)

yes
and if you have goty s1 then you'll also get all the goty content
you can upgrade it separately too
tho sarajevo 6 and some escalations are missing
gold editon is h2 + expansion pass so you're fine

It and 2016 are just straight up fantastic games. Great graphics, a ton of freedom, and plenty of humor. The Paris level kicking the reboot off was a stroke of genius.

>women developers
bank confirmed shit

Attached: 179.jpg (619x613, 19K)

non-mutt developer.

youtube.com/watch?v=fvU9EL4zd1M
it's here bois
getting those chaos theory vibes

>gold editon is h2 + expansion pass so you're fine
do the missions automatically unlock or do i have to manually download them or something? i haven't had the game long.

Attached: 1511109625842.jpg (1920x1080, 1.11M)

Does this include bringing back to sex appeal instead of sticcs, sticcs everywhere?

If you've got it on steam they'll be under the DLC bit. You can tick and untick levels so you don't need to have the entire game always installed.

No it’s okay, they were hired on merit

anyone else have fantasies when women are knocked down?

If companies hired on merit only, no women or non-whites would be in the work force.

>bank level
>no bank robbery scenario

I really hope they'll do their thing and release s3 despite bad sales since they're basically an indie studio now
I wouldn't even mind using H2 launcher and engine

level designer not narrative designer

>game crashes during loading screen

this keeps happening to me and usually restarting fixes it but i just restarted and it happened again. ??

>bad sales
When will this meme end?
steamcharts.com/app/863550
steamcharts.com/app/236870

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1556207231067.png (450x427, 202K)

bruh

Attached: f10c61.png (973x142, 11K)

store.steampowered.com/app/236870/HITMAN
18k reviews
store.steampowered.com/app/863550/HITMAN_2/
just 4k reviews
I dunno boys, doesn't look that great

you can hate women and minorities all you want but that doesn't mean ALL of them are retarded

Attached: 1541417165814.gif (379x440, 140K)

>reviews dictate sales figures

i've literally never added a review on any platform in my life.

and keep in mind that tutorial level is free

Hitman 1 had several deep sales and IOI was still under SE which means a much smaller share of the profit.

Both H1 and H2 are "free".

>bank level still not out yet

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1551102379033.jpg (700x700, 22K)

BANK VERY SOON!

Attached: d911b7097bf0c3cba797f554d4c7b5dd38742aca.jpg (693x517, 23K)

he cute

so this pretty much confirms the bank robbery scenario I was hoping for, hopefully you can actually get dudes to rob the bank instead of it being some static thing

I am a minority and I can confirm 95% are retarded or very mediocre with lack of further vision, taking that into consideration the amount of minorities is higher than the capable 5% and the main reason is obligatory quotas, why the need for obligatory quotas?

Inb4 self hating, advancement and development is on top of any racial loyalty, if humanity doesn't advance all of us are going to eat shit, no matter the race.

That is just humans in general, take the misanthropy pill.

level design is way more important than narrative design

You are retarded

oh cool, another sniper map I'll play once and never touch again

That's the spirit

The bank is a full level, not a sniper map.

yes, but not much opportunity to shove in female political views into the game.

People actually play sniper maps?
I tried playing the wedding one but it was rather boring, the mobileshit Hitman Sniper unironically did it much better by having an escalating series of contracts you need to do in the same map, starting small with only one target then going into more advanced stuff like 5 targets + 1 billion guards and such.

Attached: 1560191603572.jpg (297x547, 30K)

So what's the deal with the 'bonus assignments?'

She's the best girl and you CANNOT prove me wrong.

Attached: 51354130464261q.jpg (586x1016, 171K)

They just announced a winter set prison sniper map for July.

you're the only one mentioning obligatory quotas though??? I think those are stupid as fuck too, and that has nothing to do with hiring on merit

they played a teaser for prison map

The new map isn't a sniper map, it's a regular stage.

>he didn't watch the stream
There's another sniper map coming july 30th.

We already knew that was coming, though

Hawke's Bay Contract mode sounds nice. They said they will change the map. Probably much more NPCs.

You have a company, you contract people based on merit, you still have to fill the quotas which means not all of them will be hired on merit, resources, time and money will be spent into that making the final result not the most optimal one.

Does Denmark actually have quotas regarding women or minorities?

ugly feet

Attached: 1543461493471.png (1280x720, 745K)

Gameplay. Its the best gameplay the series ever had. But they really fucked up with the story. They just butchered every single semblance of the established lore they previously had. Ortmeyer being part of providence, Diana's shitty new contrived backstory, the existence of 2 asylums for whatever forced reason. All of this shit was completely unnecesary they fucked up too much. But no one talks about that, everyone talks about le memey outfits and the shitty escalations but no one gives a shit about the story, which i think is a real shame because thats the part that i always liked about hitman.

special assignments. As explained in the stream: slightly changed map (time of the day / lighting) but not enough changes to call them bonus missions. No contract mode.

Anybody else find the missions in third world countries worse than the other missions?

Attached: 1561293539047.jpg (686x719, 79K)

I'm sort of with you on that user. I started with the series in 2000 and I'm sad they've fucked with the story.

BUT if you told me I had a Monkey's Paw style choice of Modern Hitman with a shitty story, or Silent Assassin style Hitman with a fantastic story I'd go with the former purely because the story has always been extra.

Attached: 8193630.jpg (1333x2000, 1.1M)

>Diana's shitty new contrived backstory
The reveal at the end of Hitman 2 is interesting, though. I wonder where they will go from there.

i'd fuck Nette

hitman games never had good story
the only game with decent plot was absolution but it was shit in terms of gameplay
never really cared, all I care about is gameplay

>he never played SA
It's literally a spy thriller.

What do you mean? 2016 already brought back the unrealistic overrepresentation of attractive women, which I think is a direct consequence of IOI being Danish so they think that all the women in the world are Scandinavian tier. They're not quite Blood Money bimbo clones but they are dolled up thots.

>the only game with decent plot was absolution
Retard. Mong. Brainlet. Literally pick any low-IQ insult you want because all of them apply to you now. Retard.

tomorrow you autist

>tfw no Yuki GF

Attached: yukitoast.jpg (1080x1920, 672K)

still wasn't that great, it was okay but I barely remember what was it about except that part with priest being kidnapped

told ya

>unrealistic overrepresentation of attractive women

---->reddit

(go back)

Silent Assassin has a good story but I think it compromised its own gameplay to support it. The "mission stories" in these two most recent games are nothing compared to SA. In that game there basically is only one way to achieve the SA rank, and that usually is just the pre-programmed canon execution. Good that the devs immediately recognized their mistake with Contracts and then doubled down on the improvements in BM.

>The one where 47 tries to fiber wire a giant Danny Trejo and fails miserably
>The one with the latex nun squad
>The one with the gimp sheriff
>"decent plot"
Absolution was fucking ridiculous

what did IO mean by this

Attached: 20190414123812_1.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

yea, it had grindhouse style story with memorable characters
I liked it despite gameplay being shit

Black don't crack my nigga

I didn't say it was a bad thing. When your 12 missions have 3 set in the US and one of them is goddamn Florida, I don't mind at all that the vast majority of female NPCs are not le 56% face hambeasts.

I’m thinking about getting into the Hitman games. Is this a good game to start with, or should I go check any of the older ones first?

It's the professional Diana burnwood user

Attached: DianaBurnwood.png (919x822, 599K)

start with H2 and buy golden edition + GOTY legacy, having all the content is worth it
but you can also try Blood Money to see if you'll like the gameplay, it's cheap and you should beat it in max 10-15 hours
absolution is what conviction is to splinter cell games so don't bother

>What went right?
Square Enix not being involved.

You should, yes. Having only played blood money before the reboots, I thoroughly enjoyed that introduction to Hitman. Also gives you a nice perspective on how things changed and what makes Hitman unique, and what they've kept, made worse, made better, or innovated on in the 2016 and onwards releases.

But BM is just a really bloody good game by itself. Play it first.

mommy

Who's the cutest unnamed NPC?

For me it's the lady working at the gelato place in sapienza

I preferred her voice in older games

High iq gameplay

the singer

Absolution>Contracts>Blood money>>>>>Shitman 1>>>>>>>>>>>>Shitman 2

Attached: kino.jpg (1920x816, 187K)

*plink*

Attached: Coin.png (693x517, 62K)

past Diana got this haircut specifically to compete against Margolis

Attached: Diana 1999.jpg (429x429, 32K)

Canon dead.

I really like the easter eggs in this game. Zoey and Sophia Washington and their partner Nathaniel Drake obviously referring to the Uncharted games. Just here instead of having Chloe and Nadine travelling the world for historic artefacts you literally have two Negresses caring about cultural relicts, one of them being hysteric about climate change - and you can both kill them in the most sadistic ways.

How did IOI get away with it?

Random pixie-haired beach thot who's always blocking the door to the ICA safehouse stairway in Sapienza

uhhh yea.. c-comand, hearing some suspicious sounds
c-coming to investigate, over

Attached: 1427162687028.png (501x501, 114K)

*Blake Nathaniel

Huh? Go check that out

They went the opposite way for a lot of the elusive targets. But IO haven't let it get in the way of making video games so far.

>8 almost idential goons in suits and sunglasses put on the angriest scowl possible and scratch their chins staring at you trying to figure out whether to ignore you or to immediately open fire

The Coroner tending to Janus’ body in Sgail.

The women in BM were intentionally designed to be grotesquely over sexualised to show 47’s disgust for humanity. The women in the new games look more normal because NPCs in general are more fleshed out and human now.

>unnamed NPC
Aren't all the NPCs given names in contracts mode?

Agreed I wonder how she feels about 47 now that she knows the truth

Attached: anton-kozlov-diana-beauty.jpg (1498x1600, 313K)

Do people really think the climate change thing was some thinly veiled political statement or something? It's an essential part of the story that Providence has been doing the Soros thing for climate change denial to keep their energy company partners in power longer than they regularly should have been so that they could have had enough time to gain a monopolistic foothold in the renewable energy business just in time for its adoption. What's the agenda there? It's just another shilluminati story.

I honestly wish that instead of only getting 2 big maps we got like 4 small maps instead. I love the new Hitman but I wish we had variety in level sizes like in BM. I just wish the first map in Hitman 2 wasn't as tiny as it is because that map could have been amazing if it just had a bit more to it.

>implying she won’t tell The Constant to fuck off and just get 47 to kill The Partners as revenge for them ordering the hit on Diana’s parents in the first place

The endgame is going to be 47 killing The Partners and possibly Subject 6.

Hitman Targets are Neil Breen tier unsubtle cartoonish villains. The level with the two black chicks is literally an NWO get together where they laugh about how fun it is to manipulate and oppress people.

Yeah, and you can kill them and crush all their scheming. I don't think there is a political statement involved. It's just funny they don't make Agent 47 a climate change warrior.

but she doesn't know? Only 47 remembers being responsible for the assasination.

>Bank
>one target
>Has item retrieval bullshit
uh oh

What about Alma?

Attached: per-haggmark-alma-face-per-haggmark2.jpg (1562x2226, 306K)

The secondary objective is skippable like the Constant objective is in the last level.

>Fanin's bank
>He isn't the target
Where is he?

Attached: hm639[1].jpg (1280x720, 103K)

is it? did they confirm it? I didn't hear anything like that
ioi.dk/hitman-2-the-bank/
it's not mentioned here aswell
I really wish it was true tho, doing secondary objectives every time you play the exact same way sucks

maybe he'll be in that second sandbox dlc location, the resort
would make sense

This tbf, prologue levels were some great tight maps.

The data you have to retrieve probably is leading to his location.

In that floating pyramid thing in the mountains

That new Zealand map? It was cozy map nice n slick.

They just said on the stream they are going to change it for contract mode.

Really Now what changes the size?

>Yea Forums likes game made by SJW
And developers are lefty

>muh politics
Imagine making life decisions based on memes created by rich people who rule over you

So is the major terrorist organization depicted in the game

>it's okay to shit on game I don't like because of politics
>but not about game I like
double standards

>IOI
>SJW

IO were always risqué:
>over the top national stereotypes everywhere
>can shoot up a mosque in 2SA
>The entire Death of A Showman level
>Mocks Sweden
>has a conspiracy about Climate Change be an integral part of the plot

The Hitman games shit on everyone regardless of political stance.

we could help each other..

Attached: mateusz-sroka-mateusz-sroka-mateusz-sroka-sc06-train-v19-prores-mov-snapshot-00-42-2016-09-04-22-18- (1920x1080, 200K)

I hate how the Constants voice is slightly off in 2. It's clearly the same VO but he must have forgotten how to do it properly.

They didn't say anything specific.

twitch.tv/videos/443560222

go to 01:01:00

Hol'up

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Writers are SJW

>Mocks Sweden
not only that...
>Swedish politician is caught exploiting foreigners from a muslim country

Are you stupid? He's saying the level changes when you use the computer aka it adds all the characters, he didn't say they will change the level for contracts.

I loved season 1, but I played through the beach level as a demo and it was absolutely awful. Made me not want to buy the game. Also, the graphics are fucking worse, somehow.

What the fuck happened?

That's like not playing Blood Money because of Death of a Showman

I like Mumbai, but the rest of the shithole missions are trash.

Hitman Season 1 & 2 is the best Hitman game. Prove me wrong.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Isn't this one of the six levels? or is it the thraining one?

If it's one of the six levels, that like not playing BM if Death of a Showman was 1/6 of the fucking game.

Blood Money is better than Season 1.

Season 2+ Legacy Pack is better than Blood Money.

If Season 3 adds weapon customisation and dual ballers, then it won’t even be up for debate.

I agree. New Zealand is a trash mission and gives players the wrong impression of the game if it's the demo. Also it's a forced tutorial that keeps you from using the toolkit you'd normally use because of the unlock system, and you are forced to use explosives to escape. It's basically a slightly improved Death of A Showman, which isn't saying much.

>download crack of hitman 2
>sleep overnight to wait for it to finish installing/downloading
>play it
>can't unlock any of the other missions after the test missions
guess i have to buy it

>and you are forced to use explosives to escape
no you aren't, you can just shoot the gas tank

The actual house is well designed though and I love the home break-in/voyeur aspect of the level. It’s just that Alma’s route makes her an easy target.

So, is the game worth it any way? Long time fan but this shit reaaalllyy rubbed me off the wrong way.

Thinking of season one, I'd probably consider everything but Colorado to be fantastic, but I heard that out of the 6 locations only 3 are great this time around.

this
s1 feels like an incomplete game, the decision to put s1+s2 in one launcher was 10/10 and at the end we'll have 14 full levels + all the DLC missions
it'll be grand

Did they release these missions/seasons/what ever the fuck it is as separate "dlcs" to fight against piracy?

>break-in/voyeur aspect
Best part of the map

No level in S2 is as bad as Colorado and they are bigger on average which is both a blessing and a curse, it's a really hard toss-up and I consider them to be equally good.

I'd say that there are more better levels in s2 than in s1, personal preferrence
mumbai and miami are 10/10, whittleton creek and isle of sgail are 9/10, the only one I didn't really like was Santa Fortuna and of course Hawke's Bay is too small to be considered actual level
whereas in s1 only Paris, Sapienza and Hokkaido were great

I'd say Columbia is the weakest level in 2, discounting New Zealand of course. Miami and Mumbai are amazing.

An expriment in France, the far left globalist shithole, implimented genderless/raceless/nameless resumes/applicaitons as a way to combat "systemic racism and sexism"

And wouldn't you know that women's employment dropped to near nothing?

I consider things that explode to be use of explosives. Being able to escape without blowing shit up makes it a better assassination. In every other mission, explosions are just options, not compulsory.
When you start the game intially, you have no unlocks. This means that you are either forced to shoot a camera and break a door control box ie. leave evidence, or to shoot the pot that has the spare key ie. leave evidence. So the break-in aspect of the mission is by default worse than in all other missions in both games including 2016's tutorials.

what's wrong with Santa Fortuna? Eliminating people via Piranha or using poison frogs is fun.

>Get crack
>Can't unlock anything because it has to be always online
Fuck this.

My favorite part about Diana is when she's monitoring 47's first missions and he puts on his first volunteer's clothes

some S1 episodes in S2 looks worse. They just looks very bad on new engine.

Has anyone else’s opinion of a map changed the more you play it?

I thought Mumbai was meh when I first played it, but after several playthroughs I realised it was one of the best missions in the franchise.

Similarly, I thought Santa Fortuna was great the first time I played it, but now I think it’s just alright.

Season 1 has higher highs and lower lows.

Season 2 has more consistent quality. There are no outright bad missions in S2.

the level feels a bit linear to me, there are 3 areas, each having different target with not too many good routes to travel between them
look at Mumbai, it had 3 targets aswell but you had much more freedom
also a lot of annoying enforcers in the villa

nice opinion bro

Attached: 1560863730015.jpg (750x738, 206K)

>I thought Mumbai was meh when I first played it, but after several playthroughs I realised it was one of the best missions in the franchise.
>Similarly, I thought Santa Fortuna was great the first time I played it, but now I think it’s just alright.
this, EXACTLY this, my nigga
also I underestimated Sapienza first because of the virus but now I know how to deal with it easily and I love it with all my heart

>the level feels a bit linear to me, there are 3 areas, each having different target with not too many good routes to travel between them
I think this is the key. Its the same as Marrakesh, the area feel too separate and there is very little overlap. Marrakesh was fixed by A House Build on Sand so maybe the bonus assignment in Colombia will make the map better.

You forgot to mention that Jorge is a garbage target since there are so few ways to kill him. The mission would have been more interesting if Hector was a target.

>I underestimated Sapienza first because of the virus but now I know how to deal with it easily
shooting the stalactite from behind the lab?

yea, or just shooting it through the glass
and since there are several ways to get into the lab, dealing the with the virus is not a big deal

As someone who has lived in Denmark for 25 years, definitely.
HR departments and government jobs are absolutely disgusting.

If they keep the same strategy for season 3, we'll have 20-22 levels. This will be glorious.

Columbia is designed like a circuit. The entire map loops back on itself and it has several shortcuts.

It’s a lot better than Marrakesh, but I think the problem is the fact that the targets have restrictive routes. Going through Rico’s mansion suit only is hell.

I don't think Santa Fortuna is very good either. The only thing I think is nice about that mission is that it's basically "the GOOD version of THAT jungle mission". It has a village that isn't shit. It has a jungle that isn't shit. It has an ancient temple with deadly animals that isn't shit. It has a drug compound and underground lab that aren't shit. It has a drug lord's mansion that isn't shit, and it has escape routes that aren't shit. Everything that Codename 47 did with terribly with Colombia is done decently with Santa Fortuna. It's not amazing but literally everything is better.

Making 47 more talkative could have gone very wrong but Hitman 2's writers had the right idea for him and executed it well.
His more prominent personality makes the Legacy levels feel more bland in comparison.

I’m surprised that with all the C47 references that there were next to no Vintage Year references. Finding Fernando’s cello was nice, but I’m surprised there wasn’t more.

>that static picture book cutscenes

Did they lose the right to use the cutscene creator when they left Square?

I just wish hiding options weren't so clunky

Just played MGS2 again and it's weird how a 20 year old game has smoother hiding mechanics than Hitman 2

They were poor as fuck after they bought themselves out.

>47 sperging out during the real estate presentation
Was quite hilarious

Makes me wonder what snarky dialogue he’ll have in The Bank.

I don't think you really needed more. All of the C47 references were in the environment whereas all of the BM references were in the story of one of the targets and in dialogue. So they made direct references to Vintage Year because that level is good, and the made indirect references to Say Hello to My Little Friend because that level and everything related to it is trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=eGd61s3UAug

Attached: 1560803876034.gif (354x286, 60K)

god I enjoyed getting drunk irl and just exploring this part of Miami
and the drinking game with Sierra is top tier

job interview featuring 47 in a sweater is confirmed
also I'll think there will be a story mission with bank robbery that'll let you complete that side objective

Literally listening to fans instead of marketers.

“Hold on, isn’t that poisonous doc?”
“Yes”
“Should I be worried?”
“I’m not”

Please let there be a Halloween-themed redo of Whittleton Creek in October.

To be fair they have done a couple of fuck ups along the way but it would be full denial to not say that IO focused on pleasing the autism that is the Hitman audience.

Attached: Hitman_2_Silent_Assassin_SuperResolution_2018.11.10_14.55.11.16.jpg (5120x2880, 1.75M)

My thoughts exactly. Night map for Whittleton. It currently is the only full map with only 15 mastery level.

The only thing is that they still insist on timed content despite it being unpopular. I don’t know why they’re so adamant about keeping it in there.

They better let us throw this bitch out through this clock/window

Attached: 6224709a8efa2feb4b8d4a9243fd04be0dea3a9c.png (820x461, 325K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aj51Np8oAG4
47 ways to make you mine, user

can someone explain the story to me up till hitman 2? i played hitman 1 ages ago but i can't remember the story and i don't feel like going through all the missions again right now because i want to play hitman 2.

spoiler it please

they are being a bit lazy with these elusive targets for s2 anyway and they are mostly releasing legacy ones, probably due to budget cuts as they need to make a cinematic for each one and change the level a bit
not that I care too much, I was late for S1 targets so I'm playing them for the 1st time, but still it's quite clear
tho escalations>everything else

Do y'all got 8 cores?

Attached: 0azhneijjb631.jpg (3734x2880, 443K)

6 cores 12 threads, does that count?

6 cores is still 6 cores

It's 12 threads.

I like that they reduced escalation levels from 5 to 3. But timed missions or the ones in Hitman 1 with the mines or laser traps are crap.

Lowest IQ post on this board

When will they fix H2's performance? It's optimized like shit.

Everybody knows its true.

Attached: hitman.jpg (688x400, 59K)

i have 8 threads

In C47, 47 works for the International Contract Agency and is fooled by one of his genetic fathers to kill all of his other fathers and ultimately he kills him too by posing as one of his clones sent to kill him.
In SA, 47 is manipulated by the brother of one of his fathers to aid him in his efforts to acquire nuclear weapons that could be made to look like they were made by the US. They coax 47 out of retirement by kidnapping and ransoming a priest who's church he was living in. 47 ends up killing him and returning to a life of murder after accepting he can never be rid of it.
In Contracts, 47 is critically injured after being shot after a mission in Paris. He hallucinates about past missions. The game is a remake of the least bad missions of C47 with some previously unseen ones.
In Blood Money, an investigative reporter interviews a former CIA director, secretly one of the key players of a competing assassination agency about 47's exploits in recent years. Eventually the ICA is targeted and nearly destroyed by the rival agency. Diana pretends to betray 47 to get him close to the mastermind of the campaign after which 47 kills everyone who knew about anything including him in 47's own funeral. Diana gets the green light to resume ICA operations using the assets she and 47 salvaged.

Underrated comment.
Did that shit every hitman game, different model had diffrent knockers, in blood money every single girl had g-strings on.

Does anybody have an RTX gpu that plays this game?
I tried playing the second game but it crashed so much it was unplayable.

Will he get the job?

Attached: hitman job interview.jpg (1365x577, 103K)

I have a 2060 and haven't had any problems so far.

I find stupid how everyone goes ballistic for throwing objects.
>HQ, I said HQ. Some fucker is throwing shit I ask for permission to open a second asshole right into his head.

Dammit, I'm playing Hitman right now to try and forget about my utter failure in job interviews. At least I get to shoot them in the face this time.

Attached: 1540398951215.jpg (688x780, 131K)

In Absolution, the writers cheat narratively by lying to the player about the story of the game. It looks like 47 kills Diana and saves her adopted daughter Victoia out of sentimental reasons. The game revolves around tracking down the people involved with her. She's the result of experimentation of a rogue faction inside the ICA. Eventually 47 rescues Victoria and kills the conspirators. In the epilogue it's revealed that Diana hired 47 to stage her own assassination and to kill everyone who knew about Victoria's existence.
in Hitman 2016, 47 is sent to kill multiple seemingly unrelated targets that are revealed to be related to what appears to be basically Illuminati, and the Agency is being manipulated by an unknown client who is after the illuminati. 47 kills an ICA illuminati infiltrator and Diana is approached by their representative regarding hiring 47's services to hunt down the shadow client in exchange of additional information on 47's origins.

I know the originals had plenty of goofy shit, but I miss the darker atmosphere they had.
In the new ones almost everyone is a snarky sarcastic asshole that's comically evil while the accompanying soundtrack sounds like something out of James Bond. Quipster 47 can be fun, but I miss shit like this in my Hitman games.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ltm4I5mEVc
youtube.com/watch?v=KeEMlr_bb0Q

Attached: hitman feels.jpg (3360x2100, 1.55M)

thanks so to clarify
in hitman 2016 you're hired by the guy who wants to kill these illuminati people but then the illuminati guys hire you to track down the guy who originally hired you to kill their people?

and i accidentally watched one of the story short video things in hitman 2 where
diana is at the cemetary and it shows her backstory and stuff, are those people who killed her family the illuminati people? if so why is she accepting to work with them?

yea, nu hitman's soundtrack is good but Kyd is a god
youtube.com/watch?v=C3HXYNOzW6A

I think you should play both 2016 and 2 to get an answer to those questions. 2016 has bigger peaks of quality but also lower lows. 2018 is more overall good but not as impressive. But the two are more like the first and second half of one game than two separate games so you shouldn't just skip the better one if you care about the story.

You are correct with your first assumption but any answer to the second question would be a massive spoiler.

I really want a sequel/second season, but I'm really worried that IOI will fall for the EGS meme. I don't want to pirate their shit.

fuuck, I was hoping for a midnight release

Attached: Hitman 2 Screenshot 2019.02.08 - 20.29.49.64.jpg (888x1042, 207K)

alright thanks

On Xbox maybe.

Colorado Normal
>Hey is not so bad, I love the ways you can kill Rose, good enough level.
Colorado on professional
>Fucking cameras ahhhhhh
>Why the fuck did I wast the poison on Penelope, I should have give it to Maya.

>Special assignments
>Literally 1 target per level
>No contracts mode
>No unlocks
Pretty bullshit ioi
Are these just permanent elusive targets?

What's everyone's performance like on PC? I feel like it ran pretty well for a while, but now I have to put absolutely everything on Low to even get close to 60 FPS.

Attached: 1560202422646.jpg (496x673, 96K)

explain to me why I shouldn't just wait for Hitman 3: 24k Gold GOTY Complete Edition?

I didn't want to fall for the multi threading meme.

Turns out it wasn't a meme

Attached: WeSomeKindaSuicideSquadOrSomethin.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

They are the alternate missions renamed, like Night Marrakesh.

>Night Marrakesh
>Night
These batch of missions don't even change the time of day

I've got a 2080 and haven't had any crashes so far after 50 hours.

Night Marrakesh has a changed level design and completely different NPC. The "special assignments" will have none of that. Only different time of the day.

verify the integrity of the game files on steam

Why do plebs hate Colorado? Its maximum cozy Americana. I fucking love how pretty that level is.

>Suit is always hostile
>4 targets
>1 exit

That's about it. I got around to liking Colorado and will standby it's better than Bangkok, but I can see the hate.

brown and boring farmland
little to no verticality
It's just not that interesting of an area

Much too constricted and the military setting fits more in a Metal Gear game.

Bangkok I fucking hated, it's too vertical. And limited. Colorado was great because of how spread out it was imo. Also I can see how bad players would hate it because they are forced to go full stealth rather than play dress up. Not saying that you are a bad player or that you play like that, just saying that the majority of players suck

Nothing.
I bought the first one after hearing that the devs would maybe remove the always-online requirement for unlocks. Since it never happened I abstained from buying the second one.

Blood Money is the only Hitman game with no military setting in any mission

>third-worlder with shitty internet
lel

So we paid for garbage levels like the Chinese New Year one? That shit was so bad I'm almost glad it isn't permanent.

I'm against the concept of being anti-consumer. Everything being server-based, loading takes a lot longer than it needs to (try playing offline and compare the times). And good luck if they decide to turn off the servers 2-3 years from now.

>Chinese New Year
You mean the snow festival in Hokkaido?

I have great internet and I own all the games. But even I could immediately reconize that the "features" has literally no benefits and can only ever have downsides. The two times I've been disconnected for a few moments probably due to server side issues wouldn't have happened if the system wasn't in place and when it is connected it serves no purpose. Always online singleplayer features are like indiscriminate surveillance. It will never benefit you and it can and only ever will be used against you.

I’m hoping that the final patch for the game will be making it so you can unlock things offline.

Well, time to leave this thread after that fuck up.

Honestly it’s all in the tone and atmosphere. Blood Money was dry humorous and had this orchastic, professional feel to stuff. 2016 and 2 is much more relaxed in that regard, and focuses a lot more in a enjoyable gameplay sandbox. Atleast while most of the jokes and alike are pretty slapstick style, there are some genuinely good bits of dark humor too, like the ironic fates some targets can get.

Square has their own internal studio which does all the cinematics for square games.
Since they're not with square anymore they have to pay for their own cinematics.
They don't/didn't have the money to do that.

Kyd's soundtrack really gave Blood Money a sense of gravitas
>Booming Latin chanting while 47 waits for the elevator

Kino character, kino story, kino soundtracks(older games) kino level design.
tl;dr it’s kino

i didnt like it as much as blood money. the main complaint i had was the different way it handled weapons and attachments. i like the idea of working towards unlocking particular gear, instead of unlocking setups of gear for each particular mission.

while not a specific game breaking, i derived a lot of enjoyment from this so it didnt hit all the right buttons for me.

Attached: 1560833390803.jpg (561x754, 44K)

>kino
ironic since the gameplay is almost never interrupted by cutscenes to drive the story so it's anything but a movie

I die like 10 times before finding a way to get an uniform without having to wait an eternity.

DirectX 11 crashes left and right for me, while DirectX 12 never does.

works on my machine

I don't know if the devs really did test the level properly or if I was just lucky, but the first building I decided to infiltrate had one of the most powerful disguises in the mission.

>tfw no Hitman game where you play as a female agent
Feels bad man.

everything

Attached: fandeath.webm (960x540, 2.78M)

This would unironically be a more interesting idea for a bonus campaign than something like Paitent Zero was.

Absolute semen demon.

Blindfolded harpist

Holy shit, I love you.

Will S3 have coop? Seems like the direction that they're going for?

Holy shit, the bank unlocks are fucking lazy.

I don't know if the engine could handle it. I may not know what I'm talking about, but I feel like it'd be a mess in every sense.

faggots trying to sell a season pass for 40 dollars

good game otherwise

Haven't played since launch and I got the gold edition

Really disappointing. And still no airport level. Fuck em.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Diana isn't gonna give a singular fuck. 47 is a hitman and he's killed priests on her "order" so she's more than aware that the dude isn't exactly a villain who gleefully rubbed his hands while blowing up her dad.

Attached: 1561167965651.jpg (620x630, 204K)

why are people shilling this game so much? literally worse than blood money

Dude had critical throat surgery to save his life, I'm glad he's still around desu.

yeah well now he composes for ass creed, fuck him

>omg black people in games and I get to kill them how did they get away with it?

Ok racist

Imagine my wife Sierra dead and naked on the autopsy table, about to have her ribcage sawn open!!!!!

Attached: 4141423.jpg (1403x2000, 689K)

hitman season 1 was just 10x better level wise. compare the sky box in whittle ton creek to the sky box in Bangkok for example. First level in 2 is too scripted and the ica facility boat mission was less scripted.

final level in 2 is worse than colorado

Comfy mission in the rain never ever

Attached: w3njvbgv0xb21.jpg (1024x1551, 121K)

Seriously? That's fair enough then. His voice is great for a character like the Constant.

Bank has rain. You can't go outside.

>You can't go outside.
Fuck this shit

bullshit cherrypicking, bangkok is shit level design wise and miami and mumbai are glorious and superior
also comparing boring and flat colorado to vertical and beautiful sgail, come on, try harder

>Sgail
>bad

I just finished killing everything in Colorado for fun. Because I've already 100%'d 2016 and 2018. It's my zen time.Yesterday, it was the isle. The day before, Hokkaido. Everything is just so perfect.

The Hong Kong one is way better than the wedding one

So are these special assignment things the new name for bonus missions? The bonus missions in H1 were awesome (except the Icon was meh), and were some of my favorite missions because of their smaller scope.

> sniper maps are here too but who cares
Yeeeeeeah I'm loving hitman, but those Sniper maps (and Ghost for that matter) just don't do anything for me. None of the rewards carry over to normal mode, and the gameplay just isn't fun.

>bullshit always online DRM
Nothing.

yes, different time of the day and slightly changed design of the level, also with contract support
someone itt was saying bullshit about zero changes to levels but it was confirmed on the stream

>95% are retarded or very mediocre with lack of further vision
I think you're putting Whitey on too high a pedestal m8.

That's my next ex husband lady. Bangkok

The pre rendered still motion cut scenes were actually kind of distractedly bad, they should have just hired a 2d artist if they were going that route, either that or use in engine.

>contract support
I thought that was deconfirmed

>reviews
This doesn't mean shit. Most people don't do reviews. I think I only did that 1 review as part of a badge thing when they first released badges.

Attached: 1544405127213.png (972x702, 280K)

Let me guess. Multiplayer achievements missing?

Looks like custom contract-related stuff. sniper mode. ghost mode. I've 100% for every destination in single player.

Absolution had rain.

Entirety of Contracts took place in rain

Is this a reboot or re-reboot or the story keeps going since Codename 47? Contracts was the last Hitman I've played.

Attached: 1522121472716.png (500x500, 188K)

it keeps going since the first entry

Oh fuck...

Attached: 6850_screenshots_20160826184558_1.jpg (800x600, 45K)

>being this out of date
Sasuga

All the old games are canon. But Absolution is slightly less canon than the rest

The intro cutscene for 2016 covers this (and is also major Kino):
youtube.com/watch?v=6SNdhYJWsiI

>All those missions where you don’t have any targets
>You revisit St. Petersburg three times.
>The fucking last mission being almost impossible to SA.
People here don’t shit on Hitman 2:SA enough.

I think the only thing that bugs me about this game (and the 2016 version) is you get a higher score based on speed, instead of how thorough you are. You can take your time and clean up after yourself like the Wold's Finest Butler, but it doesn't mean shit compared to the guy that just ran through the left with an assault rifle and clicked on the exit with a hundred angry guards shooting after him.

that's why I don't really understand the hate for absolution since SA did the similar thing
even disguises worked in similar way

it's still canon

it's actually speed + silent assasin
not having SA ruins your score completely

Not to defend SA, but I don't think even the devs intended the Silent Assassin rating to be taken seriously. You only need 2 SA ratings to unlock the dual silverballers and you can even do it in the same stage twice. It wasn't until Contracts that ratings in all levels mattered

Yeah, most of the time the disguises didn’t work, only if you were far enough. Makes sense in all those missions where a bald whit guy doesn’t fit but who wants that kind of realism?
I don’t remember if you get any trophie on the PS3 if you SA the whole game.

post hit titties

>I don’t remember if you get any trophie on the PS3 if you SA the whole game.

There is a trophy for collecting every weapon,, you need at least 2 SA for that but excluding those you can clear every level how you want.
Contracts has the same trophy but there you do need to get SA on every level

So they didn’t make a trophie for SA the whole game? At least they have common sense. Anyway still the worst Hitman I have played.