Redpill me on the Arena in Monster Hunter games Yea Forums

Redpill me on the Arena in Monster Hunter games Yea Forums

Attached: mhw-arena-entrance.png (300x168, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Yawara1st/status/1142924556736221184?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=E0BIwCqAIrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as a single weapon user I hate it, I barely got silver on barroth with gunlance

nice, unique gear
MHW is lacking

Ìt's the most fun in monster hunter and mostly underdeveloped by capcom

It's great because you can't overgear yourself to win, you have to use what you're given.
Shame they don't expand the arena.

Shitty part of the game that not even the developers care about, the only people that indulge in it are tryhards who want divine slasher

Arena is a very underrated part of the series. You make do with your choices and try for a fast time with your buddy. Too bad that negative skills are no longer a thing, which imposed some more interesting sets that players had to deal with, in MHW it's just kind of whatever.

Attached: i love legi.jpg (838x1102, 87K)

No fucking reset button

>MHW arena is balanced around 2 players
I hate it

I liked it when it was called the training school and actually designed around a single participant

Arena with a close friend, trying to get gold is the second best experience in mhw, only bested by being with three close friends trying to do Extremoth

Why are mh threads so dead?

he most fun i ever got out of the arena was capturing monsters in World and taking turns in fighting them with my buddies where one guy fights the juiced up monster while the others wear ghillie mantles and watch the fight

Disillusion, burnout

Even so it's weird no one's talking about the demo

It's easily the best part of monhun
>provided gear thats balanced to the current monster so you can't cheese
>showcases skills and weapons you yourself might not have tried
>doesn't require prep and is essentially raw monster hunter combat
>no gay area chases
>pretty strict time goals so you have to problem solve and utilize weapons well

I mean, what is there to talk about regarding the demo?
It's just old tigrex and 2 other shitty monsters nobody cares about

Everyone is in /mhg/ on /vg/.

It's fun to get another asshole and watch both of you improve over time as you completely figure out the current monster and weapon.
I'm glad it's only two because any more and it'd probably just turn into your regular monster hunter curbstomp, and they are far from terrible to do alone, you just won't get an A.

I don't know, maybe some complaints about how most of the new moves are tied to that stupid slinger gimmick? It's still awkward to use and breaks up the pace of a fight even if you can do it unsheathed, especially for IG since they have to hold an extra button to activate it since their L2 is already used to aim the bug.

w-wait is it
I worked my ass off to get all golds even using weapons I had no taste for

Attached: aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1136x640, 178K)

Bad time to make a thread, yankees are only waking up.

Attached: axe too slow.jpg (633x288, 106K)

Depends on the game, monsters in world just fall apart even with one guy because normies have no attention span.

The weapons are always underleveled or are elemental weapons that the monster isn't weak to
They used to have fuck all for skills, in mhw you get a few lvl1 skills wich do fuck all

The rest I actually agree

I find it hard to believe there are only 114 MonHun fans on the entire site

It's even worse since they started designing it around two people, since that gave them an excuse to make """"support"""" builds with supremely trash gear

Like that double gravios quest in 4U where you're given a kirin IG with the slowest possible bug

GU and 4U had a lot of different skills, and it seems like the monster health is balanced to whatever weapons they give you to not make the hunt a bore.
I don't really like the arenas in GU as much because with the new styles, and only 5 weapons provided you will nearly always get some trash and not a lot of real choices. Really highlights the poor balancing of styles in the game.

>curbstomp every monster as GS/Hammer/LBG
>decide to branch out and give switch axe a try
>struggle from the start of the game to elder dragons but barely hold my own
>get a good LS from kulve and decide to give it a try
>after a couple days with it I can stomp shit np

Is weapon balance out of whack or does the SA just not suit my playstyle?
I usually struggle with combo weapons but LS dodge carry me hard

birb

Attached: 1550779067733.jpg (600x600, 131K)

The SA is the only real monster hunter weapon in world, and you basically just made a leap from the bottom of the tier list to the top, so obviously you'll feel a power surge.

breb

Attached: breb.png (600x300, 188K)

Its basically a puzzle.
1. Enemies are scaled to 2 people, if you do it solo you are making it harder for yourself
2. Understand the items you are given and what your partner is given and how they can work together

i love arena in mh, it makes you realize you're fucking trash at the game.

fuck khezu

when's gigginox

Attached: gigginox.png (679x618, 319K)

Swaxe is among the weaker weapons in MHW, notably since it has no reliable defense options. LS by contrast got overbuffed when Deviljho arrived, Foresight Slash has a huge as fuck window. The changes made in the MHWI beta though make the former a lot more promising while the latter isn't completely free anymore to offset obtaining new attacks.

GS is super strong in world like always but I've never felt overpowered as hammer, specially on the first few hunts when I'm learing a monster patterns, compared to FU and gen unless I'm spinning, fuck that move

What's a good Swaxe to make/go for?

>The changes made in the MHWI beta though make the former a lot more promising
really? what did they change?
Unless they gave it baseline dodge extender, faster sheathing or some other flavor of defense buff I can't see myself playing it again.

You get a new Axe Fade Slash usable in both modes that covers more distance and has less recovery frames. Discernible differences can be found here.

twitter.com/Yawara1st/status/1142924556736221184?s=19

It's not Frontier Swaxe but I'll take it.

Arenas with preset gear is awesome
Multi monster are just lazy ways to try to make the game harder. Basically just run around and wait for the wall to go up
MHW arenas are garbage
MH3U arenas were the best minus the water ones.

>twitter.com/Yawara1st/status/1142924556736221184?s=19
That cancel from wild swing with slinger burst into the sword switch combo is some good shit.

What I've seen of the power axe state doesn't seem to actually boost damage, but staggers are much easier to get.

There's an extremely suspicious cave in the ice map with poison
Gigginox's probably coming back

timezones and lurkers exist user

Terror Tyrannos (Deviljho)
Empress Axe Styx (Lunastra/Nergigante)
Taroth Axe Paralysis (Kulve Taroth)

Did they make the weapon models not three variants of the same shit for everything in MHW yet? It's half the reason I dropped the game, why the fuck should I grind for hours making a new weapon when it's the exact same as the one I started the game with but with a slight colour tint and some fucking feathers stuck to the hilt? No Aesthetic Del Sol no fucking play

Attached: teostra_del_sol_by_sonsofpride-d5vt2xb.jpg (1191x670, 182K)

I think Iceborne had improved weapon design, but not by much
Good thing is that Tigrex and Nargacuga weapons should be unchanged from previous games, hopefully

iceborn still has base model with random shit on top, mhw will never have the cool weapons of past mhs

The real crime is the lack of various instruments fo HH. It's not bad enough that the weapon is absolute dumpster tier, but they also killed the its aesthetics. Where's my fucking electric guitar HH? I'm willing to cut world slack just for freeing the series from Nintendo's exclusivity. I mean we lived to see the day the series actually hit PC, that alone is worth it. World is by no means a bad entry, it's no FU or 4U, but it sure as fuck isn;t Dos or Tri either. It's a solid enough entry, but most importantly it's a foundation for better games to follow, since now they can recycle its assets forever for console/PC MH releases.

>Good thing is that Tigrex and Nargacuga weapons should be unchanged from previous games, hopefully
The thing is, even though that's true, there's not any guarantee that every one of their weapons will be included. Almost half of Kushala Daora's weapons aren't in World, for example.

Let's not forget the fucking gay new crafting system
Wanna make diablos weapons? too bad nigger first you have to make bone weapons then faggot barroth weapons

>tfw base MHW lacked Teostra del Sol and King Atillart Sword

There should be one for all quests in general, at least solo. I hate allt hat time wasting trash with a passion. It's so disgusting.

Just coming out of a 10 hour speedrunning session (AT Nerg, Teostra), it's horrible. Absolutely outdated trash

who cares? aren't you suppose to only fight with the meta weapons anyway?

damm that looks cool and it seems like they added 2 new fade moves, the regular fade lash always felt like it covered no ground
Here's hoping axe mode becomes more usefull with the new moves,

Attached: 1556996773707.png (399x400, 44K)

Maybe if the sets weren't usually fucking retarded, the online wasn't so dead and impossible to find people with to do it, it wouldn't be shit for solo play, it actually had all the monsters and ot a random selection of trash monsters.

It's shit and pointless

Yikes aren't you easily agitated.
Makes sense though since you claim to have no friends and think arena is bad solo.

Just join a session which has a sizeable amount of players and you'll get someone who will jump into an arena quest with you if they're in the gathering hub.

Teostra one

the whole point is that the sets are pieced together trash and not your favorite cookie cutter meta set.
You can nearly always find someone to do them with, that's assuming you don't have even a single monster hunter buddy, I can find arena rooms in GU and that game is dead as fuck.
It's balanced for two players but is entirely feasible solo, you just aren't going to get top ranks and the enjoyment is still there.
Good job on the last argument though, because there's actually no reason for the arena content to be as barebones as it is.

>the real crime is this one niche autistic thing as opposed to literally everything else in the game
ok cool

It'd probably just be really hard to think up sets for literally every single monster, they'd have to put them into groups or something.

Deviljho for overall best raw, sharpness, and two augments over Diablos's one
Barroth and Kulve have very competent para weapons
Bone for niche dragon phial usage, it awakens very quickly

>want to play 4u and xx but emulate like shit

guess I'm stuck with world until iceborne

>Shame they don't expand the arena.
Expand how?
Like mechanically, which they have kind of done over the years seeing as different arena types exist, or size wise?

It's proof that the commission is a bunch of animal abusing subhumans and niggers.
>t-they're just doing research out there and controlling the monster populations! they're good guys!
whenever you see these commisshills just remind them about the arena, they immediately recoil fiercely and start spazzing out like a rabid dog chasing it's tail.

I think he just means content, most of the time there aren't that many arena quests and world is especially bad with rotating like 2 of them every 2 weeks or something.

They emulate pretty well on my PC. Max speed with minor graphical glitches and this was years ago, surely it's gotten way better by now.

Did you try unofficial citra builds? I have a build that runs 4U just about perfectly. I'm phoneposting right now, but I bet somebody on /mhg/ knows which build it is.

>I'm willing to cut world slack just for freeing the series from Nintendo
not a nintendork but this is some retarded reasoning, you should at least want a quality fucking product when MH is finally on more powerful hardware

>Cut a game slack that when it's not held down by console limitations it instantly becomes a bloated lazy shitfest designed to look pretty first and foremost.

I've been using canary but I might try some other builds then, the game does run good in hunts but some monsters and all roars seem to fuck the framerate

>MHW
>pretty
Is Brown: the game (featuring some green) supposed to be pretty?

It's just not a very big part of the game, you get like one or two ok weapons from it and some trash armor usually, and the amount of quests is tiny.
Nearly all monsters should have optional arena quests, and there should be a way to balance them for singleplayer so that TA autists are appeased and don't have to care about so much of the shit they ban anyway.

Is it even worth getting Iceborne if I'm below HR50?

It's made for shitters who killed xeno, everything after that is just postgame content.

not him but yeah, MHW looks really pertty

Attached: 20190515210442_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

New to the series, which game should I start with? World or one of the older ones?

the only things that suck is that the monster's health doesnt scale down for single player.
the health stays the same for 1 to 2 players, making getting gold rank or even silver rank, a huge bitch unless you have a friend to help you do DPS and aggro on the monster

I want the Divine slasher and the cool hunter clothe so I can have as a sking to go over my clownsuiting for abilities

This is hurting my eyes to look at

t. falseflagging old fag nigger
kill yourself, world dabbed on older titles to the moon and back.

World was my first MonHun and it was awesome

cringe bingbing fag.

Attached: 20190511193039_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.32M)

FU if you want to experience monster hunter in its rawest and most broken form
Portable 3rd if you want the polished up baby version that's still very true to the concept
3U if you want swimming
4U if you want a lot of content and the last real monster hunter game
GU if you want the most content ever and a whole lot of bloat
World if you want the normie reboot with a lot of QoL features and not that much content

What is this unholy instagram filter

Just use the mod that lets you transmog anything

FU is babby casual and also polished to a casual's sheen. If you want to experience monster hunter in its rawest and most broken form then play the original.

Why would anyone play Rathalos Hunter

Hey mate, HDR mode doesn't translate well to us RGB people with only 16bit color depth.

Retard

this guy never stops and it's hilarious

Attached: 1536678963743.gif (267x212, 2.91M)

Play the older ones and wait for MH6 when they use World's skeletons to make something substantial

Dispute one of those with a real argument

It is offenseive to my senses that they have all this graphical power and only use it to render dirt, rocks, filth and darkness. But I think I'm unpleasable because I thought the coral highlands were dull too.

Attached: 1519308203433.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

4U was gay with it's apex shit and frenzied monsters that were just regular monsters but sped up by 20%, but mostly correct.

>make an area based on a coral reef
>but instead of giving it actual color like a real coral reef just make everything grey with one horrible pink forest
This should be punishable by death

I could dispute your very existence and it wouldn't make any difference, you'll be back in a few hours to shill shitendo more and bitch about worldzoomers, you're a drone NPC, logic doesn't work on you outside of the logic in your script and algorithms.

The highlands were fucking shit, no idea why brainlets pretend they're some kind of masterpiece
Even on a technical level they're garbage since there are only like 3 areas where you can actually fight something with a bit of space

yikes, I thought you'd take at least another (you) before you started throwing around ad hominem and breaking down.
sad

why the hell did they change the parts breaking sound and graphic so much, it's so crunchy and noticeable emulating the older games, but in World you can barely tell what happened without the notification telling you

Is this what 'coping' means

>every single weapon can use the slinger unsheated
How long until they completely delete the sword and shield?

For the same reason monsters now bleed dirt
T'is a mistery

the sword and shield gets a timed combo that might just barely do more damage than jump spam if you time it right :)

It's kinda retarded really. They give you intentionally shit weapons and then want you to speedkill monsters. I can see the challenge aspect of it but the rewards just don't make it worthwhile.

Even as a multi-weapon user they suck. The sets they give you are always awful and as someone who makes builds that alter your play style such as evade distance or mushroomancer, it's a massive handicap not to have them even on weapons you are good with.

Yay, I love Gigi. Khezu can fuck right off.

>wtf where drachen?
the time goals are based on the shit weapons, there's nothing wrong with the game testing to see if you're capable of being good with weapons you don't usually use.

>FU
>Nintendo

Attached: 64892447_118649969381692_5621061715046172400_n.jpg (320x320, 14K)

>they got rid of sword oils for this

Anything pre-World is considered Nintendo now, keep up

Don't clue them in, it's the easiest way to expose a Worldbab

It's a lot easier to defend world when it's a simple issue of everyone vs nintendo.

This thread made me want to play Arena, anyone on PC that wants to do them?

Retarded newfags don't get to set the rules while I'm still alive.

Attached: 1425485867472.jpg (4040x626, 451K)

I am aware of that. But as I said, the rewards just aren't worth the time in general. There are a few fun ones that you have to climb through the shit ones to do.

I haven't played in a while but I'd be down to try

>have 20 or so people in my lobby all doing Kulve
>kick them all mid hunt

Attached: vb.gif (440x300, 1.42M)

>FU
he's shilling 4u, you fucking mongoloid.

No worries, I'm not that good either.
fdxRdji46jTC

they are shitter filters for people who rely on sets and skills. Love em.

Yeah the payoff is usually not great, it's entirely just for the fun of it with the rare exceptions of the longsword which is like the best elementless one.
I wish PC leaderboards weren't entirely hackers, that'd at least give you a fun time attack you can attempt ingame.

i forgot how to chat with keyboard

>don't get to set the rules
too late, they already have.
Cope and dilate yourself with your 3ds.

If you can't solo Yian Kut Ku in under half a minute then just get the fuck outta my face

Attached: screen00000.jpg (1920x1032, 273K)

I miss Kut ku
Fuck the early game World monsters, they're all trash

4U is a decent videogame, it's only real weakness is frenzy.

>FU
>rawest and most broken from
Get real.

Attached: 1513071658647.png (800x582, 237K)

Hey fuck you, frenzy was cool. Nothing better than knocking the monsters out of it.

4U is 10/10, FU is 10/10 and 3U is 10/10.

Games before FU are all irrelevant and only /mhg/ trannies posting screenshots to prove how hardcore they are think otherwise.

Pre FU mh is garbage

Monster hunter began with FU shut the fuck up boomer

FU is literally just freedom 2 with like 2 new monsters. What are you on about?

Series peaked with Dos and Tri. Those were the only times that a new game felt NEW, with new content all over the place and old content shoved to the side.

You don't know MH if you haven't fought plesioth in mh1 or 2.
That said, world is a pretty good game and I hope they continue to work on PS/PC.

If I killed kuck ku in my first try on my first MonHun game, can I stay in your face?

I love how people think the neutered life-beggar they fought in FU was an issue. Original Plessy was harder than a fucking elder dragon. 40 minute hunt every time.

Attached: theyreupmyass.png (1152x864, 1.52M)

running to the next pond he ran to while the last minutes are ticking were honestly the most intense moments in any MH for me.

Which MH games have the shortest hunt times? 50 minutes for one fight, I don't have time for that.

World, like, easily.

>Run out of hot drinks
>Have to fight him in the cave with the lowest possible stamina
>Dip into the last mega potion which was actually valuable due to no farm
>Win

World and P3rd lets you kill shit in like 3 minutes even if you're bad. Though if you're good even G-rank hunts should be around 12 minutes at most.

MHW

As long as you know what you're doing, world hunts will take 5~15 minutes in average.
Only AT nergigante and behemoth solos will take longer than that.

Behemoth's time limit is 25 minutes for no fucking reason so more likely you'll time out even if you do it perfectly.

Which weapons are the most fun to use in World? I’ve been an HH/HBG main since 4, but lately I’ve taken an interest in more traditional weapons like GS or Swaxe. The arena has always seemed intimidating to me because of my lack of diversity.

Attached: A6FF1E13-AC06-4E64-B0F7-E356476A925F.jpg (600x800, 25K)

Thanks, anons. Might give it a shot.

Save swaxe for iceborne it's getting a revamp.
CB is unironically very fun if you go beyond just trying to squeeze in SAEDs like a monkey, some of the more obscure guardpoints are very satisfying.

Reminder

Attached: 1557460465005.jpg (1920x1079, 602K)

Arena is pretty fun, it's sad that it only has like 9 hunts.

Attached: 20190624194505_1.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

Kill screenshots in world are so fuckin bad, what were they thinking

Counter

Attached: WorldIsAGoodGa-.png (5360x2572, 2.27M)

too many post-processing effects, look at all that blur and dof

>Kill screenshots in world are so fuckin bad, what were they thinking

Attached: 1515799233163.png (458x456, 79K)

do not respond to console warriors

do you ever get bored of living like this

MH boss: Dinosaur dragon
God Eater boss: Khorsabad the historical king of Persia

Attached: 7.jpg (1944x2592, 567K)

Japs and anime should stay as far away from historical figures as possible

>oh shit that was a cool moment, I bet it'll look really sick in a second
>it's all just a big fucking blur with a white line going through it

I think he's referring to design in general

Attached: Dyausresurrection.png (930x1147, 1.23M)

Jesus fucking christ what is this garbage

nanomachines

WHEEY-O

youtube.com/watch?v=E0BIwCqAIrw

>FU if you want to experience monster hunter in its rawest and most broken form

No, you play vanilla MH1 and be miserable as you bounce off Kut-Ku on fucking green sharpness.

shut the fuck up grandpa

god eater feels like shit to play after MHW, is god eater 3 any better than 1 and 2

it's about the same, you can easily pirate it to try it out

>Green sharpness
>Kut Ku

In the old MHs consistent green sharpness was basically reserved for the last quarter of the game

>Longsword gets a cool new move that makes it even better
>CB gets a rad Axe chainsaw
>GS gets only slinger shit
Fuck that noise, they couldn’t have been bothered to add something at least interesting to GS?

Narga weapons are already confirmed to be neutered iron base garbage from the story trailer. Hoping we at least get the old design in the final upgrade.

Getting a shortcut to your big boy hit is all GS autists care about

Now it’s going to look even more retarded than it did shoulder checking the air for true charge slashes where people spam slinger into mons nonstop with a shortcut spam.

I miss the old days when you’d draw or charge 1 into openings

Welcome to world, we only do 1 attack here.

p3rd does not let you kill anything in 3 minutes until you grind out entire gem sets, armor, weapons and memorize movesets. why every type this dumb crap.

Attached: NPJB40001_00005.png (1440x816, 282K)

>most of the new moves are tied to that stupid slinger gimmick
>CB
>Lance
>HBG
>LBG
>SnS
>Hammer
>HH
>LS
>SA
That's not most

The hammer isn't tied to the stupid slinger gimmick