If I can honestly tolerate more linear, cinematic gameplay, is this game enjoyable?

If I can honestly tolerate more linear, cinematic gameplay, is this game enjoyable?

Attached: 312F29BD-651E-4BB6-8413-90DE9F4FC763.jpg (275x361, 22K)

One of the most boring games ever released

Just watch a movie

Yes, one of the best action games this gen. Thank god not everything is open world meme still.

You'll get the complete experience by watching it on YouTube. I'm not even joking or trolling.

Overall, I'd say it's a 5/10 game. Not as good as 2 or 3. The shift in tone gets betrayed around half way through, the stakes are never all that high, some character arcs end abruptly and in an unsatisfying way. You can also tell the game had a short development cycle since there are a lot of samey looking environments. And don't get me started on Nathan Drake saying "wooahhh, this is amazing" whenever he opens a door and sees some elaborate puzzle or ancient ruin. It gets old super quickly and even breaks immersion. I bet some of the puzzle mechanisms he destroyed along the way are more valuable than the treasure he's searching for.

>since there are a lot of samey looking environments
That not because of a short dev cycle but to address complains about the third game which switched locations every chapter when people whined that the plot was written to connect the set pieces not to tell a story.

You won’t notice. It won’t bother you.

6/10 at best.

the best Uncharted game, but 1/3 of its powerful moments will be lost if you have not played the previous ones.

Get Uncharted Lost Legacy after finishing it.

>they made it shit on purpose
Woah, this completely changed my perception.

>You'll get the complete experience by watching it on YouTube. I'm not even joking or trolling.
So you must be retarded.

Yes, it's great.

No it's just most people don't need a theme park and that showed heavily with all the criticism U3 got.

It's objectively the best Uncharted SP, a fitting conclusion to the Saga. That said, Uncharted isn't the best of what gaming has to offer, nice characters, solid story and some very interesting levels though.

>samey looking environments
What do you mean by that? That jungle has trees and another part of the jungle too? Whoa.

The Madagascar exploration was a bit boring but overall good game. Nice pirate theme and great graphics. Not as good as Uncharted 2, though.

>”same-y environments”
>south/central america prison, american orphanage, scotland, madagascar wilds, madagascar city, pacific islands, pirates’ ancient island city

k

This is false dichotomy. 2 had varied levels yet it didn't jump from one location to another.

yes naughty dog unironically has one of the 3D level design teams in the current industry, especially AAA.
there is a reason when Yea Forums attempts to shit on this game they have not played they can only mumble about the story and cutscenes and offer no critical look at the gameplay. typically they just lie and say that there is no gameplay.

Attached: Comfy island.jpg (1024x576, 184K)

Yes. I did enjoy nuGoW more though.

*has one of the best

Only poorfag PC NEETs and Nincels would say otherwise, it’s a great game.
Might just play through them all again soon

climbing sections in this game are braindead, other than that shit's entertaining

The part where you shoot things is pretty fun. The other 70% is cinematic walking, climbing with no chance of failing and boring cutscenes. It honestly put me to sleep at times.

Attached: 72f.jpg (599x463, 29K)

Tbh for the Price now its worth it. I had fun playing it, the locations are cool

>samey looking environments
you're an idiot, im not even gonna waste my time to name the 10+ different settings there are

>gameplay

Exploring the gorgeous tropical environments is comfy as fuck

Game is probably the best, technically, of all of the Uncharted games. I actually feel it has the strongest story and most interesting theme of all of the Uncharted games, retcon notwithstanding.

The gun combat is still annoying, though, because some enemies require an unbelievable number of hits from battle rifles before dying. On the harder levels where ammunition is far scarcer, this becomes frustrating.

In LL on Crushing I had little issue with ammo management and TTK felt fine. Were you using your melee, swapping guns frequently, and aiming for the head? It felt like the mechanics meshed well to force me to play like how an action movie hero would bounce around the environment and be spontaneous. Maybe this was a little better realized on Hard (FUCK the APC and the Helicopter on Crushing, holy fuck) but I don't see your complaints the way I adapted to the game.

I've never been able to replay an Uncharted, but the first time is always pretty fun.

Okay, this is the real honest answer from a guy that played uncharted 1-3, the gane doesn't have much replay value, the cinematic cutscene and story are great but the novelty wears off fast because of the repetitive gameplay, that you can actually predict what's going to happen next. Its one of those game where you play once and then never again