What are some Yea Forums approved game engines?

what are some Yea Forums approved game engines?

Attached: images (8).jpg (770x398, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek2tA6tNgprTERvB7vsXd__NDr6n9GGKoAEA_RG822lELr3Q/viewform?usp=send_form
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Godot is fine.

Post progress

Vulkan when?

>2020
If Juan don't fuck things up, I just want a good implementation of GLES2/3

I just want a proper OpenGL implementation.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek2tA6tNgprTERvB7vsXd__NDr6n9GGKoAEA_RG822lELr3Q/viewform?usp=send_form
You need to pay him first.

Lost all motivation to work on my game.

Attached: 1555536965919.jpg (565x768, 273K)

Or I could use a better engine.

Stop masturbating.

NOT unity, holy SHIT not even CDPR can manage to make that dumpster fire work.

(heavily modified) Wario Land 4 engine

Attached: Sax2.gif (631x853, 70K)

give tips

Not that user but i have no motivation whether i masturbate or not.

There is a branch with a better implementation, Juan won't push to the main repository, but, he will use some parts with the Vulkan.

Stop masturbating.

Because you masturbate so much to the point where your dopamine receptors don't work and you feel lethargic and useless all the time. Stop masturbating. 3 weeks.

Juan seems to be the biggest problem with Godot.

Unreal Engine is pretty good.

Attached: reps_recode.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

I'm almost done with the current game, but I want to work on another game, but if I work on another game, I won't complete the current game, also, my art is shit.

Attached: 1543318665422.gif (320x240, 758K)

wc3 map editor

I want to make games but don't have background knowledge of software or hardware and don't know where to start learning about that stuff. What are the things I need to know and/or where would I go to learn about them? I'm talking about out-of-engine stuff, terms that one would hear about no matter what engine you're using.

I did no fap for 22 days once and i always go nofap a week or 2 from time to time.
Still have no motivation for anything else beside playing video-games, watching anime and reading books.

Raw 8bit CPU assembler.
Also "8bit games" is a lie, half of the code i write is actually 16bit

Attached: combat.webm (320x240, 2.64M)

No frostbite .....

Masturbate.

Everytime I lose motivation it's because I'm thinking about tits or >tfw no gf. Masturbating faster would have saved me DAYS of work.

>playing video-games, watching anime and reading books.
You're fine.

Godot has shit documentation and has not produced a single good game. Just because it's FOSS doesn't mean it's worth anything.

have sex

Stop working on your game and start playing the game of "writing game".

go see unreal engine tutorials on YouTube

How do you call a video game with nes gameplay but Atari graphics? It's my first project and I just want to publish it for the experience, then I'll work on something more serious

Personally I believe he is copying Krita, basically getting payed to implement features.

>Great at programming and have ok ideas
>Absolutely fucking shit at 3D/2D modelling and 3D/2D animation,basically, art.

:)

Find an artist or git gud at art.
"Talent" is just being naturally inclined at having fun with some shit and doing a lot of it until being superior at that.

>tfw ideia guy

Attached: 1560493211789m.jpg (1024x710, 56K)

Idea guys are retarded because they don't know what a game can or can't do.
And in the crushing majority of the cases, they don't know even how to make a good game.

>game developer doesn't have its own engine
This shouldn't be possible

It's quite fine to not have your own engine.
But you should ALWAYS know the fuck you're doing with the engine and having your own assets.

>wasting time reinventing the wheel
Only worth for pixel trash

>"talent isn't real"
lmao

It's real, but no one is actually born knowing anything.
When people think on any sort of genius, they think they just did the shit they did was "free", but the truth is that ALL of em practiced a fuckton.
So just sitting and whinning that "i can't do X thing" will lead you to fucking nowhere

Game making bros, tell me the exact thing you're implementing right now, using one simple sentence. Don't need any context, I just want to imagine.
>tfw adding an attack that can freeze units

Attached: 1499965353910.jpg (838x582, 118K)

I'm drawing

Attached: 1533217268371.png (1445x695, 94K)

Fixing the velocity vector not being reset when climbing the stairs, because if you fall and grab to the stairs, as soon you leave it you get pushed down hard.

People are naturally good at things though.
One person can learn/do in 10 hours what will take another person 100.

Yes, but if you try for zero hours, you will certainly never succeed.

drag and drop for your units.

Thanks Tim

>you take twice as long to learn/do something
I have no idea how I'm still alive.

Attached: 1543619450010.jpg (428x318, 56K)

I'm making a game with Python.

So long as it's not Java, have at it.

Sure, but pretending like talent is just "I liked this and did it a lot." is retarded.

Indeed indeed.

>tfw been using Unity for a decade
Where the fuck did the time go

the best

Attached: Mtframework-logo[1].png (250x78, 9K)

Still, some people learn faster than others.
>Author released his first art book when he was 8
>Dude is the CEO of a multinational company at 18
Personally I found these people discouraging.

Redpill me on Unity, is it really a bad engine or are people just lazy with it resulting in bad games made with it?

I try not to compete with em, as it is indeed soul crushing to go this route.

>are people just lazy with it resulting in bad games made with it?
This

Documentation is amazing, compare Godot to Unity or UE and you'll see how great it is.

A lot of Unity's shortcomings stems from it's 10+ year old programming baggage. Redoing that stuff essentially requires them to make an entirely new engine.

You need to know the fuck you're doing on it and not use all the default shit.

It is just a tool and how effective a tool is depends on who uses it. Look at good games made in it like Cuphead and Hollow Knight.
But since it is one of the easiest ones to make and unity team themselves push towards usage of the asset store, people just mix and match pieces most of the time resulting in most of the bad games made it into it, but unity won't do anything to stop it even if it ruins the reputation of the engine because they get a cut of all asset store purchases.

It's spyware software. Everytime you launch a game using the Unity engine it calls home with telemetry data of client's computer without asking or noticing.

trying to implement basic alpha shaders but shit aint working. was thinking of switching to godot from custom monogame engine but it fucking sucks not defining everything directly in code and instead play the UI game. Also, I am the worst at spriting the shit I need so I'll never be able to release and be happy about it until I get better.

The point of an engine is to have tools and a framework that reduces the amount of work that developers have to do, if you as a dev have to fine tune a lot of the engine's tools that are by default fucking broken, then the engine itself is shit, big and small developers have shown yet and again that trusting unity's built in tools just leads to bugs and unoptimizated games.