Worst Castlevania game?

Guys, in my opinion is "Vampire Kiss", as amtter of fact that it has countless weak points in every single aspect of the game, especially in the level design and the extremely weak IA (maybe the sound sector is a little bit better).
Also "Harmony of Dissonance" is a complete mess: like the VK chapter, it has serious lacks in every single factor. Also the sound sector is inaudible.

Attached: 36.jpg (640x456, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dbgGxQGd4I4
youtube.com/watch?v=SQxs-WEFRJY
youtube.com/watch?v=qtAG611Z73c
youtube.com/watch?v=nFuNhYtv8l4
youtube.com/watch?v=8tuci49S4AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9ED9hNFgCP0
youtube.com/watch?v=fF22vzS8PZE
youtube.com/watch?v=aj46rgf86ko
youtube.com/watch?v=el3iX0Q4u08&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3ZjfMC4ZgnA1usTpCbE078&index=10&t=0s
youtu.be/y0aL1k9AaDw
youtube.com/watch?v=3n2G_nqaaUg
youtube.com/watch?v=EqlgBf4UUk4
youtu.be/5K3rFHoNKTQ?t=67
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: ee.jpg (640x640, 102K)

Don't hate me for it but I loved this shit as a kid that and Aria of sorrow

Aria of Sorrow in fact, is my favourite chapter of the saga.
HoD, maybe could be considered the old, ugly little brother of AoS....

vampire's kiss is better than dracula x and chi no rondo, change my mind

wrong

only for the special effects.
Dracula X is a mild copy of Super Castlevania IV.
Chi No Rondo is slightly better than VK, because it is more complete, as a matter of fact that in VK they cancelled several parts of game, including several supplementar stages.

Rondo of Blood. It's too easy, whip doesn't feel good, the levels are extremely boring, the game rarely looks good and dracula fight is anticlimatic

what the fuck is this

hell no.
This is the mildest chapter of the saga.

>It's too easy
It's harder than CV4

You people don't know how bad Castlevania can get.

Attached: castlevania-gb-02.jpg (500x453, 31K)

I suffered through this on VC. God what a mess. Thankfully the sequel is much better.

automatically good cus of this

youtube.com/watch?v=dbgGxQGd4I4

i know i know.
But for the fist GB, what could you except?

i liked the fire effect of the first stage.
That's pretty much everything i liked from Dracula X

Harmony of Dissonance has top tier ost, but you need high iq to comprehend it.
Two castles implementation is fucking garbage though. It completely ruins an otherwise good game. I hate it. Worst post SotN game.

Attached: SI_WiiUVC_CastlevaniaHarmonyOfDissonance_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 336K)

it has one of the worst OST in the saga: it's too sketchy and bad produced.

ok, maybe it better than others, but anyway, it doesn't sound good, specially in the GBA

No, that guy is right and you're not. HoD has top quality music. It just isn't as accessible to non-musicians, because it's closer to early modernist horror movie soundtracks iof 1920s. You are not required to like expressionist music, but at least trust me that it's top quality, very professional stuff.

>it's top quality, very professional stuff.
That doesn't matter if it sounds bad.

are you fucking kidding me?
do you want talk about Order Of Ecclesia or Dawn of SOrrow, whre the OST are irrefutabily more complex and complete?
DISCLAIMER: i said that the SOUND QUALITY is horrible, not the composition on the OST.
There is a slighty difference between these options.

Worst Castlevania game is called Super Metroid

Also Circle of the Moon is better produced

True. You don't even get to fight Dracula in that.

finally someone who understand my god.

I love HoD's OST!

youtube.com/watch?v=SQxs-WEFRJY
youtube.com/watch?v=qtAG611Z73c
youtube.com/watch?v=nFuNhYtv8l4

ANOTHER TIME: I LOVE THE OST OF THE GAME, I'VE ONLY SAID THAT THE SOUND QUALITY IS HORRIBLE.

Honestly, outside of Successor of Fate none of the other tracks are very memorable to me.

Also it’s just as broken, poorly balanced and poorly designed as SoTN, except it doesn’t have a good soundtrack to make up for it.

Peak soulless Castlevania. Looks boring, sounds boring, is piss easy.

Belmont's Revenge is the direct sequel, also on the GB, and is fucking great.

i played it on a emulator: i like it, but nothing special

Attached: cast him in.gif (400x280, 1.99M)

don't hate me

Vampire's Kiss is fantastic. Better level design and arrangements than Rondo. Git gud you fucking casual.

Adventures is the worst, though Chronicles Original is the most frustrating to play.

how can you possibly say this things, you edgylord

VK is the botom of the barrel of the saga.
You cannot refuse the reality of the incosistance of the game.
Maybe you are the true casual, that haven't looked deeply inside the game

>Better level design and arrangements than Rondo
Not in a million years.

Legacy of Darkness is the obvious choice.

Fucking faggot, Dracula X is biggest pleb filter of the series

Wait a fucking minute, isn't Vampire Kiss just european uncensored Dracula X AKA the original XX?
And how the hell is X a "mild copy" of Super IV? They don't even play alike.

you fucker,what's the point of this reply? They're the same fucking game and the both suck as hell

it is a mild copy for sure: the level design and the boss battles are basically the same, but in SC are irrefutabily better

Fuck you, don't ever (You) me again, you illiterate retard.

you are a fucking retard: how can you possibly consider substancial differences between the two games.
What a fucker.

I didn't know this game existed before. Curious.

What the fuck is vampire kiss and what the fuck is that purple box

the worst Castlevania chapter.

It's japanese Dracula X.

Ohhhhh. Is it any different from the american version?

It's not Japanese retard, super Famicom boxes don't look like that

Attached: IMG_1968.jpg (640x1143, 203K)

yes: it isn't censured and there are 4 more stages

> more than half the cover art DESTROYED by box design
dis fucking gusting
who ever okd that should be put against a wall and shot

Cool. So the original Dracula X is just a no-go, no? It's the only one I haven't played yet with Simon's Quest.

indeed

You think that's bad? Look at what the Europeans did to breath of Fire

Attached: IMG_1969.jpg (640x640, 78K)

Oh please, they prioritized the graphics (which were gaudy as fuck) and didn't have enough memory left over for GBA-quality music so they used the built-in Gameboy Color chip.

This is the only track in the game that isn't ear-rape because it's the credits:
youtube.com/watch?v=8tuci49S4AQ

Thanks.

>People forgetting Haunted Castle exists.

But why...? Why is she on fire?

Faggot. youtube.com/watch?v=9ED9hNFgCP0

And honestly,on an emulator, Circle of the Moon looks miles better.

Picture unrelated OP? this turd is the worst castlevania ever.

Attached: castlevania_lords_of_shadow__mirror_of_fate-2181613.jpg (580x519, 60K)

We don't talk about no Lords of Shadow.

You forgot to post a picture, user.

what do you niggas think about pic related

Attached: CotM.jpg (220x211, 27K)

This game is good and doesn't belong here.

Much better than HoD.

youtube.com/watch?v=fF22vzS8PZE

Attached: 1558044196931.jpg (535x434, 44K)

Didn't mean to imply it was bad, just that it's the only post sotn game I haven't played yet

youtube.com/watch?v=aj46rgf86ko
Holy shit this one sucked

Attached: 51+m5oTxtgL._SX342_.jpg (342x308, 25K)

Peak Soulless

I like how far graphics have gone that the Switch could run that in real time and be called shit looking.

>map perfectly separated accross the middle by locked doors
>most teleporters hidden behind more locked doors
>abilities that lead into dead ends in which you need yet another ability

This game sucks around the part between discovering the two castles and figuring out how to open the orange door at the top, but otherwise it's pretty cool.

How come? Yeah anime portraits suck but the game was pretty fun for me.

Attached: 72.gif (400x300, 137K)

You already said the reason , too zoomer for my taste

If you think this is a bad game go burn

So you hate the game only because of a few anime portraits that appear only during dialogs?

(I was trolling desu I really liked it)

I really hate what they did to Richter in the saga
He was like the second strongest Belmont and for what i understand he give up the vampire Killer to the Morris ashamed of himself being brainwashed, it's sad

It's my favorite from the series. The original tracks are great, and I liked how the recycled ones weren't the usual tracks. Loved the difficulty, I don't think I ever felt that challenged by the extra modes like in this game, specially doing the Battle Arena in each scenario. Also liked how it had original sprites instead of the compressed versions of SOTN the other GBA games used. Never really understood why people complain about the running input, I get that it's not intuitive but it's not really detracting.
The only thing I agree with is how dark the game was and how inconvenient was to play it on the original hardware.

Rondo's music sounds like the demo music the composer sends to the devs without any proper arrangement. The beat in Den is literally out of sync compared to the more refined SNES version.

youtube.com/watch?v=el3iX0Q4u08&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3ZjfMC4ZgnA1usTpCbE078&index=10&t=0s

Also the level design is for babby casuals who just want to effortlessly dance their way to victory while VK feels like a true castlevania.

The whip didn’t reject Richter. It was a descendant of Richter that gave the whip to the Morris Clan.

Mirror of Fate is at least better than Legends and the Adventure. I'd put it above Haunted Castle, too. It was pretty disappointing though; it could have been a lot better than it was. Much like LoS2 it seemed to have had a troubled production and needed more time in the oven to sort itself out.

1. Rondo of Blood
2. SOTN
3. Super Castlevania 4
4. Bloodlines
5. Aria of Sorrow
6. Castlevania
7. Castlevania III
8. Castlevania Chronicles
9. Circle of the Moon
10. Portrait of Ruin

based

Top ten Castlevania games I mean. Any 3D Castlevania is pretty much garbage shit although the GOW clone is alright.

I preferred it when John Morris was just a descendant of the Belmont family and not just some poor schmuck that was saddled with it at the cost of his life.

Is the animation between the first stage and the second stage of Dracula's fight in Castlevania one of the most genuinely funny moments in vidya?

Nothing funny about that shit. We rented castlevania for one day and refused to go to bed before beating it. After the dungeon stage and grim reaper you are so fucking done with the game; and then the final boss is fucking imposible to boot. And then you finally, FINALLY kill him and slay this demo- Nope, 2nd form. I cried.

Dracula is arguably easier than Grim Reaper in all forms. SPECIALLY since the game is so kind to give you a continue spot right on the stairs. Come on, his head flying off is fucking funny.

It was like 2 AM. We had no power left. Few games back then had this kind of murderous difficulty combined with genuinely enjoyable aesthetics/gameplay that forced you to keep playing.

It was always like that, John Morris could wield it due to being partially related but not without consequences, so his wounds ended up not healing as a result.

I thought the Vampire Killer was supposed to be a holy weapon? Why does it kill you? And why does it care about the wielder? If the last Belmont dies, does the whip just never work again?

>tfw can only beat CV1 Dracula by spamming pause to know where he'll spawn, then spamming triple water on the 2nd form

Attached: 1516211702825.jpg (659x697, 127K)

Just walk bro, it isn't that hard, it's just long. I have no fucking idea how to spam double or triple holy water in that boss fight though.

Poor man.

CHARLOTTE

>It was always like that
It wasn't, actually. The manual for Bloodlines only told us he was a descendant; nothing suggested he was too "impure" to take up the Vampire Killer without harm. Maybe the Japanese backstory was a little different, though, I don't know.

>Biggest castle
>Best OST
>Hardest by far if playing Hard Mode Lv.1
>Get to play as a guy with a whip

Portrait went from my least favorite to my favorite recently.

Attached: jonathan! charlotte!.webm (960x540, 2.41M)

Also, remember that you can pass through 2nd form when it's stunned with holy water. This alone makes it trivially easy even if you got 2 hits on 1st form.

X is the worst, with any of the other games you can immediately understand the appeal even if you don't enjoy the gameplay (even the shit 3d one you can tell was a casualty of the 2d to 3d era so belongs in castlevania history) but x is uninspired stripped down garbage, anyone who played that one first would have dropped the series 10000%

I think Portrait might be my favorite. Most unique level design out of the bunch helps it since the games get kind of samey the more you play.

>t. zoomer revisionism

MoF is linear as fuck and piss easy, but I still had fun

TOUCHEMREALQUICKANDGO

it best of the gba castlevania, kys

The Lords of Shadow series.
Curse of Darkness could have been a much better game if every room didn't look the same and you didn't need to cartwheel everywhere

Attached: Castlevania_CoD_Hector.jpg (2288x3073, 944K)

People seem to forget Castlevania was in a bad place a decade ago.

Thank God for the netflix show and smash ultimate.

Attached: 220px-Castlevania_Judgement.jpg (220x307, 39K)

DoS>AoS

The netflix shit is a new low though. Plus Judgement was fun, had great music as well as *interesting* character designs that actually helped to distinguish someone like Simon from Trevor.

>Thank god for the netflix show and smash ultimate
that doesn't put it in a better state than the pachinko machines, the classic collection does, tho

No, the Netflix show is a new abysmal low, Judgement was relatively tame.

Talking about classic collection, what's your ideal lineup for the second one?

This game is so by-the-numbers. It has a decent (albeit harsh) OST and some cool acid-esque visuals but aside from that it's a slog. Circle of the Moon was so much better.

Chronicles and Rebirth are a must. Everything else is optional.

Why do I care? I have all this shit on emulator already. They didn't even give us the japanese version of 3. Fuck.

They did.

>Wiiware remake is great
>Not in Collection
>Contra ReBirth also not in its Collection
They better do a ReBirth Collection or something with the Gradius one.

Don't defend this shit.

Attached: Simon.jpg (500x1000, 116K)

>Thank God for the netflix show
Hmmm, no?

doesn't bishounen Simon date back to the PS1?

They updated the collection with the jap versions last week.

It's more his mannerisms. He's a highly devout, proper child of the church while Trevor is more of a roughreck. It makes sense because clearly the bloodline became more revered after Trevor proved it still had a bang to it and Simon was given a better upbringing.

But sure. Keep whining about Yagami Light and ignore the thousands of ugly mofos hanging on the walls in bloodstained and someone's literal fucking pet being rendered into 3D.

Amiga Castlemania

Attached: 48696-castlevania-amiga-screenshot-what-happened-to-him.gif (640x400, 42K)

What's with japs and putting a baby face on conan like body.

>Simon was given a better upbringing.

We know nothing about Simon's childhood.

are you fucking retard or something?
Are you able to read the comments before or are you a dumb lazy bitch?
I SAID THAT THE OST ARE GOOD BUT THE WAY THAT THOSE SOUNDS SRE FUCKING TERRIBLE.

get that fucking thing out of here its too funny

Incredible.

incredibly good, considering the fact that it wasn't ideated by Koji Igarashi

are you retarded or somethin'? That game is so damn charming, it's like G Gundam but with dracula.

>VK feels like a true castlevania
are you fucking serious?

Yes, and Ayami Kojima's design is awful too. It's better than that, though.

I'll take SoTN brokenness over all the oldschool Castlevania bullshit anytime.

>oldschool Castlevania bullshit
Like what?

Attached: portrait of ruin.png (741x592, 168K)

Like that raft in chronicles level 2 where the mermen randomly shoot a low shot or shoot you right as you have to reposition yourself to not fall off the raft and you instantly die no matter how you act.

What ever happened to the Castlevania Challenge threads?

Do you think you're on Reddit or something? There are no IDs here, schizo.

Soul

Attached: 84591.png (198x297, 12K)

fuck off

Take your meds.

Post the best theme of each game.
youtu.be/y0aL1k9AaDw

>it's too easy
> the game rarely looks good
what

I remember seeing this live. One of my favorite stages in any game ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=3n2G_nqaaUg

This, I'd rather have an option to cheese stuff like this via grinding a bit.

How have I never seen or even heard of this?

Because it came out everywhere else as Dracula X.

That's not Treasury Room or Rotating Room, but still amazing. What a live performance.

Also, post secret/unused tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=EqlgBf4UUk4
youtu.be/5K3rFHoNKTQ?t=67

due the low appreciation of the game

I think he's referring to the environments. The sprites are excellent, but a lot of the environments look kind of phoned-in in comparison.

thank you mama

Oh okay. I like Dracula X, but it did feel like a step back from IV. Also hard as fuck.

Oh my god, that's beautiful. I love old Konami.

WHAT

Look at that dilapilate face; that dirty atmosphere; how the blood pours out of the crevices. I would unironically call this the best-looking backgrounds in any metroidvania.

Attached: Field_gateofillusion.png (960x721, 833K)

Wait, you could sit in that chair this whole time? I thought this was just part of the background

Now have sex.

There's always something new to discover in SotN.
Did you know the wolf form can swim using the backdash button? It's my lastest discovery, blew my mind.

>Didn't confess his sins

It is still not too late, my child.

Super Castlevania IV and SOTN are the two best games in the series even if they are pretty easy

Attached: mroknofnncc6qkrsrlvc.jpg (800x450, 93K)

>sit on the confessionary
>priest stabs me

>sit on the librarian chair in Bloodstained
>spear knight stabs me through the hole

is this IGA "humour"?
fuck you fucking faggot made me game over fuck you

I knew about the confession booth, is there a way to mod the cut voice lines back in?

When you sit down on the left chair it's by chance, the purple priest will stab you while the blue will bless you. If you sit down on the right, ghosts will appear with different animations.

Yes, by playing the japanese version.
If you are EOP there is a better fan translation available.