What the fuck went wrong?

What the fuck went wrong?

Attached: Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (391x255, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fZXAXQ0L
pastebin.com/rCAbexg5
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451652
youtube.com/watch?v=oGqg2blF-vE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally nothing.

game was always shit

Attached: poe.png (681x199, 11K)

Making a loot based game where all of the loot is complete garbage until you reach the last 0,001% of the game.

they made the game way too easy. get boring with no challenge.

>Every trash build i put together should be able to clear all the endgame content with no investment >:(

The mental gymnastics at play here

Bugs everywhere

>everything not from uber elder is trash
No.

The problem with PoE is how its overly convoluted (bloated passive tree is the biggest example), hides information from the player (tooltips full of lies), failed to reinvent the wheel (a currency system that isn't a gold system, except its pretty much a gold system with extra steps that aren't fun to anyone but currency flipping bots). Oh, and its balanced around trading (so most of stuff you will find is going be to be dogshit horrible), online-only (no mods and once GGG stops existing so will PoE), has lootboxes, predatory point system (you can only buy points in increments of 50, but stuff in the shop can cost 15 points, or 40, or 75. In any case, chances are you will have leftovers. I have 40, basically my $4 are lost to me and I got nothing in return) and its brimmed with bugs every league launch (I was crashing like 2 times a hour before I quit Legion). And of course, trading is horrendous and overrun with scammers, pricefixers, afks, etc

Attached: 1533787695001.jpg (1964x1327, 1.15M)

>falling asleep from maps
>suddenly a vomit of rainbows on your screen
>"You are dead"
Going to check for 4.0 again.

I'm not the bumbling bufoon complaining that the best items in an rpg are hard to come by
I'd rather be some sort of mental gymnast than a braindead moron like you

>Dumb skill tree which only looks complicated but it's pretty shallow
>Many currencies forcing you to buy chests and making it be more complicated than it should be for no reason at all
>Make trading loot a necessity for builds but no in game action house
>Game lags even with good computers
>Combat doesn't feel satisfying like Diablo 3 or even 2, it's super clunky
>Templar doesn't use pants
>Boring story and you can't look foward fighting cool enemies like Diablo
>Ugly graphics

Shit

Trading is maybe the biggest issue in the game right now. Especially with maps.

One of Blizzard biggest mistake was setting up Diablo so early

That's why they ran out of steam and had to resort to using some angel of death edgy tier oc because literally nobody else posed a threat to your character

Casuals crying

nigger I made builds that could kill shaper deathless with all 1c gear 3 years ago, get fucking good

Another timed league, this time
>melee friendly but casters are still superior
>servers dying
>game crashing
>some skills unplayable
>trade is in the worst spot it's ever been thats a good thing
Where did it all go to shit? Introduction of div cards?

Nothing. The game is great in its current state. People just complain because they have to grind.

Lack of endless content at the end game. Killing uber elder is getting easier by the league and I usually find myself dropping the game after killing him couple of times. Delve takes way too much time and currency to get to the dangerous depths and I don't really have that much time on my hands, also one of the reasons why I don't play SSF or HC.

Also the game is honestly too fast right now. I hope 4.0 tones it down to the levels it used to be. This whole idea of using one skill to delete everything on your screen got boring real fucking fast.

Around 2014ish they decided they want the Diablo 3 audience. The game's been made easier with every update since then, and they don't give a shit about performance or even game crashes anymore.

how do i get a million shaper dps like these guides imply? i follow them and get to like 100k dps max

Tick every box in path of building and pretend you have 20 frenzy charges

1 million is pretty easy to get these days

yep everything this guy said basically. they can't keep the old playerbase satisfied with the current state of the game, it's just not the same at all anymore. they have some good ideas but making the game actually hard/challenging is probably beyond their scope for any single patch.

We'll see if 4.0 can do it though

No FUCKING race leagues

Kitava was cool. But yeah the rest just kinda get mentioned during the act and then offed like 20 minutes later.

how? i have the gear with % damage like it says all gems at lv20+ with 20% qual, all the damage flasks. what am i doing wrong?

do you have a PoB?

i'm at level 89 for the first time, how do i get the good exp now
clearing a tier 9-10 map gives me like 5% and 11+ seems like some shonky business

Nothing went wrong.
Oh wait, you want to know why it went wrong that nothing went wrong and actually something should have went wrong!

Well, because it's good.

just speed clear t15's

Except that's literally how it should be? The guys inspiration is d2. You can beat all d2 content outside of uber tristram which isn't regularly available, with absolute garbage blues
In contrast in poe, you absolutely must have max res, you absolutely must have x amount of life and y amount of damage.
The barrier to clearing content should not be gear, it should always be level and skill based, gear should simply make it much faster and easier

early 90s is when it starts getting slow, you should be doing t15/16s at 89 though

It's okay, my friend plays it religiously and autistically and I feel roped into it which makes me enjoy it a little less.
I don't like replaying the same
fucking
shit
every single season.

Would be better if they did something that isn't just a fucking diablo clone like every other ARPG does. Even just a shift of genre and aesthetics would be enough. I'm tired of every single ARPG being a cycle through bullshit
>beach level
>forest level
>tomb level
>ruins level
>200 plains levels

Make it based on Roadside Picnic and set it in the zone, make it set in an underworld like Underrail, make it cyberpunk or bloodborne or whatever, literally ANYTHING BUT THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER

So you contratict yourself in your first few sentences, great job!
What you said in your post is true for PoE too, you can basically clear the atlas with any trash you've thrown together, that is basically what I do every league, find some dumb shit that seems fun and go ham with it.
But if you DO want to kill Uber Elder, go deep delve or farm Shaper, you're going to have to invest either time or currency to get the gear that allows this.

It feels like people have been playing too much wow and gotten used to their "eveyrone has to see everything" mentality.
Also, if your idea of a barrier to entry is capped resists, I don't know how to help you get into this genre.

Get to level 92 by doing red maps and after that start looking getting into pure breachstone rotations. Pure breachstones give the best xp per hour by far but goddamn they're boring (and expensive). Just so you know, level 95 or 96 is the halfway mark.

you should never trade maps shitter, this days is so easy to complete and sustain atlas
you only need to buy sextants/chisels

99% of the fucking time when someone says a lootbased game is grindy this is what they mean

Shaper is not equivalent to uber tristram you retard, neither is uber elder. They're the equivalent of hell meph/diablo/baal farming. Poe has no uber tristram equivalent whatsoever.
None of which needed resists or any gear at all to beat btw, as established. You cannot get anywhere in maps without capped res in poe, straight up it's not negotiable. It is a poorly designed game, though unintentionally so. It took d2 as a base cause chris is obsessed with it, made some changes that seemed like they'd be good, and those changes had consequences they never considered which compounded and continue to do so resulting in poorly designed experiences on a variety of levels in the game.
Your barrier of entry cannot be reliant on trade, especially when you're so anti-trade and refuse to make it a reasonable experience, it's that simple. And the fact that you think there should be a barrier of entry on being able to grind for actually not dogshit items is laughable.

it requires a literal super computer to run

rare pack reflects being removed and ggg taking "advice" from reddit

pastebin.com/fZXAXQ0L

sorry for late reply was doing morning routine

tourism meta i.e. deliberately making something new and different disgustingly overpowered every single patch

I'm level 90 and have an ex invested in a berserker blade flurry build. I can clear all content without much trouble. The problem is, after dozens of hours, I haven't gotten a single red map to drop. It's absolutely bullshit.

>make melee league with all sorts of overpowered shit
>best-clearing builds are still ranged
>best-league-content-running builds are still spellcasters
chris "tencent slave" wilson on suicide watch lmao

>price of headhunter rising
>headhunter abusing builds raking in mirrors from 5-way conflicts while everyone else is left to scrounge for chaos scraps in the actual game

Attached: 1561296397600.jpg (550x550, 59K)

why are you taking crit nodes and use crit jewels when you have elemental overload?
removing EO gives u a 86% dmg boost alone.

What went right you mean? Best hack n slash for over a decade

Remove EO.

pastebin.com/rCAbexg5

If the boss is chilled and with flasks up you are at 1 million Shaper dps.

Have you tried the division?

omg thank you. i was following pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451652

didnt see to remove EO between 70 and 90. your a godsend

I got to t15 in betrayal with like 35% Lightning res on SSF and only changed it because Tower boss fight was god damn horrifying with that and I would get tapped for 5.5k after MoM. People really overstate how rigid the resist requirements are.

because it has no functioning ((Econom))
I can sit in my hideout for the first week of a league and trade+inflate prices and be richer + better geard than anybody who hasnt even wiped yet

35% lr i bet u dont even have a freeze flask dont open the chests friend

>late game has the best loot

wooooooooooooooooooow

Yeah it runs like shit

I played through the game on a mid range PC from 2012, so no it doesn't.

t. 60hz monitor pleb

thanks again user

Attached: elder.png (1915x1071, 3.43M)

>game requires at least two 3rd party applications to even play competently, let alone at a high level
>game runs like absolute shit because the devs can't into optimization

I ran it on my ti and two other high-end machines and it runs like shit, Ubishill. Also had a lot of fun dropping through the map and camping ladders.

how the hell do you even reach that much damage?
I always follow builds and stuff, but I can never achieve something like that

i just got it from help in the thread, post your build and maybe someone can help. a single talent point was holding me back

10 percent death penalty is shit when it takes days to grind a single level post lvl 85

It's 75Hz actually

werks on my machine

not playing hardcore woaahh there buddy

With a game that crashes for BS reasons (I have 16Gb RAM, Ryzen 7 with NVidia 2080 so my comp is good), and one shot enemies unless you play a boring build, fuck hardcore.

Might be a retarded reason but I really liked the world/history/lore of Path of Exile. Reading unique item descriptions and getting a small taste of a larger world was a big motivator and somehow I enjoyed the sense of discovery even in all the randomly generated maps. After 3.0.0 dropped when the story reached it's logical end of slaying the beast and we were tasked with slaying 2 dozen gods it just became ridiculous and obvious they were at their end of their ideas and just piling on more content for the sake of it.
I don't know what else they really could have done but Path of Exile as it is now is unrecognizable to me, all the new masters are horrendous and pale compared to the previous class champions. Every new league mechanic is thrown on top of the overflowing trash heap in standard without a care for balance or consistency.
I don't think they made any huge mistakes, they just focused a bit too heavily on quantity over quality for my tastes.

>Most complex build system to put creativity into.
>try to play making my own build
> it sucks, have to start again because you cant reset build
>if you want to have a decent build you have to follow a cookie cutter guide.

No thanks, also the starting zone is shit

It's devolved into a retarded tourist balance cycle where they overhype a select few skills and then dumpster them into the motherfucking ground the next league after the redditors go on their usual over-corrective crusade to appease the Tencent overlords.

>SPARK OP NERF IT REEEEEEE
>WINTER ORB NERF IT REEEEE
>SOULREND NERF IT REEEEEE
>CYCLONE NERF IT REEEEEE
>h-hey...why does every skill feel like shit?

They follow the new hip philosophy of just rushing shit out the door, dumping it with absolutely no intention of fine tuning or supporting it any further and then scrambling to make the new big thing only for them to repeat the same process again, and again, and again.

Devs can't tell the difference between content and bloat, and apparently neither can the fans.

But they have made mistakes, they fully embraced the speed meta while dumping millions of performance-raping particles into the game.
Have you heard of any other game where "hardcore" players commonly use logout macros and devs support it?

based

I still think the whole "God Slayer" plotline and revisiting acts 1-5 as "new" acts is shit and only done because they wanted to reach that 10 acts goal (and to appease their Chinese fanbase, they love that shit). Sure, you don't get to repeat the game a 2nd or 3rd time but it's almost impossible to move the story forward now. I wouldn't mind if we only had 5 acts and had to go through them twice to get to maps, 1-5 >>> 6-10.

I don't argue with any of that and never fucked with hardcore so I'm sure there are a myriad of problems I'm not aware of, but even when the game ran like absolute shit I still enjoyed it for what it was. 3.0 was definitely the bookmark point where the writing dropped off a cliff and never stopped falling. Lilly Roth and later Einhar were so unbearable I was just skipping through any encounters or dialogue with and who gives a fuck about anyone or anything else that's happened since then. I thought it was cool that Kitava was just the Karui interpretation of The Beast but then they made it an entirely different entity because they wanted more boss fights.

>Where did it all go to shit? Introduction of div cards?
I'd say what started this extreme powercreep was Ascendancies desu.

>he's too much of a brainlet to make a build that only selects HP nodes

You can also use regret orbs to "reset" your skill tree, loser.

making the tedious part of the game their main focus, just to satisfy the autists.

Because of how easy it is to manipulate trade
My college roommate now runs a RMT website in LA that also pricefixes the price of Exalts every league.

You just set up a buylist and buy out every exalt/chaos from players early on in the league, inflate the prices then dump all the exalts. He's been doing it for at least 3 years now and every league and no one has ever competed with him or tried to stop him.

Yeah because most builds instantly die to fucking everything even if they're tanky unless you're playing some broken memeshit build like rf.

That's not how an arpg should play, at this point people are more invested in it because it plays like a slot machine more than a game. Pull the map lever and hope you character doesn't explode on hc or die to a game crash, kids clap and pour in bits when the streamer loses.

The passive tree ain't a big lie outside of mana nodes, but I agree with everything else you said.

ye i just dont think standard is fun game is to easy to feel any reward on the plus side if you play hc u get real fast at the game and learn to make do with any items u get

Find out how to do Elder t16 Shaper Strongholds

How hard is it to RMT stuff? Have some old alt-arts that might sell and i'm completely burned out on PoE so i might as well make some money out of it.

You could try your luck selling it yourself for 100% of the price in playerauctions/etc

Or another option is RMT websites buy your stuff for around 30~35% for you. You could try that

Its what happens when they make some mobs do like 10k raw damage if they touch you, that combined with how tanky they made rares it should of been obvious to them that melee still would be a leg down to the easier playstyles.

>replay the game and the story from zero each season
Dropped.

>it's just HP bro
This is a meme. The "defense" of most builds is killing enemies quickly. A new person isn't going to know the system tricks and nuances to build for damage.

there's plenty of other gods out there, and they're not really gods at all. There's also a bunch of implied actual gods and interdimensional horrors out there.

>playerauctions
Didn't even know about this, seems nice. Decided to check my 2 rarest alt-ats, can't find another Saffell's and my Alpha's apparently goes for 5k, jesus.

The worst part I think is the fact that sometimes offscreen crits can happen, I remember some betrayal bs and I think legion had it before they nerfed the mobs aggro range

you'd have a better chance selling it for exalts then selling those

Biggest bullshit by far was syndicate forts.
>here bro, have your endlessly spawning enemies in tight spaces, oh and let me cover half your screen with green fart clouds

>have to flip even outside the game
Fuck PoE!

A whole lot. But I'm gonna focus on the most core issues the game has, or had from the start. First of all, the most important one to consider is the scaling system. Let me explain : in poe, YOU ARE YOUR GEAR. You literally are what you wear. A level 10 character fully geared with uniques will auto-attack harder than a lvl 100 character with a white lvl 1 sword. What's more is that even the skill system is inherently tied to your gear, as they are skills, that you socket in it.
Now, why is it that way? because levels grant you percentage passives, that all scale the flat values of your gear. IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ARROUND. But since it's not, it means your character progression is actually defined by your gear, rather than your levels and points. Your levels are literally just there to scale and enable what you will wear.
Compare to Grim Dawn for example, where a level 100 naked character will literally one shot and get tickled by a level 10 decked out character. Why? Because the points you spend from levels give you FLAT values, which are then scaled by the gear you wear, instead of doing it the other way around like poe. So that means in POE you are literally your gear. Well, that would still be fine if you had solid trading system and well balanced loot tables, but it's not instead it's a complete utter clusterfuck of shit where you have to download third parties filters that hide 99% of what drops.

Attached: ss (2013-11-03 at 01.38.57).jpg (1928x1201, 1.12M)

Are people running scripts for this, like "chicken" in Diablo 2, and if so is that included in "accepted playstyle"?

Attached: mugen_contemplating.png (480x320, 38K)

>mapping
>game freezes
>SURPRISE TEST OF STRENGTH EXILE
>die
>game unfreezes

macro keys not scripts

>no in-game loot filter

and they barely help

I don't know of many builds that aim for less than at least 1 mil shaper dps unless they're weird lab farmers or something highly specific.

I really could not wrap my head around how that was an issue for so long.

>3 years ago
go back to your trash can retard

any other meme soulthirst builds here?

it still happens to me after they "fixed" it twice, but at least it's not a guaranteed death now that the trash mobs are weaker and spawn less

Because there's nothing to fucking do.

You spend all this time building and gearing a character to do the same boring Maps and fight the same few bosses.

New leagues add a few new bosses, which are riddled with crashes and overtuned mechanics.

Player interactions non existant now. Back in the day it was more fun to party, even with the shitty performance and desync. Now with clearspeed meta, 1 dude runs at 1000% MS offscreening mobs and you frantically chase him.

Attached: 1561225929022.jpg (540x366, 20K)

i play hardcore stopped 2 leauges ago its 100% still n issue

I recently swapped to an ssd so they probably never fixed it. I'm going to imagine shit is going to crash the next league often if they keep anything legion

-t melee witch

Two word :
Movement Speed

Attached: 1550039100473.gif (261x432, 1.2M)

t. grim yawn faggot

Never heard of it but if it's poe without MS fellating I'm gonna check this out

making the entire game revolve around trading

I don't understand how anyone is ok with loot pinhata system, you kill a pack and it explodes into 10+ garbage items, eventually you get a currency or something worth identifying, but why the need to have 50 whortless items on screen everywhere I stand without a loot filter?

but there is one for years now

trading is gay, and you can't have shit if you play SSF, boring and gay.

Consoles actually have proper trading system.

if you dont spend atleast 80% of ur time on poetrade ur SSF (who will probably never kill uber) or you are poor

How should I increase survivability of my witch? Or how does it work for pure magic characters in general? Should I pump my ES? Or just HP nodes like with others? Don't want to copy paste builds so I never checked those, trying to learn the game on my own and only read guides if I don't understand something.

gtet flat hp on gear
grab hp nodes
grab es nodes
grab es helm
max rezzezx
kill everything faster

You really need to choose either ES or life if you don't know what you are doing or are not playing trickster.

You need 70 flat life in every gear slot and 200% increased life on your passive tree.

Ok, thanks. I'll try to salvage her.

why don't make a test league with a market on PC?
and then just run a poll asking if people liked it more that way or not? then they can stop giving their bullshit excuse about people prefering no marketplace just to have more human interaction and prefering the game to have less convenience.

The need to rely on 3rd party stuff to make the game playable.

my max level was 95 and i just spammed high yellows for an eternity... good for currency drops tho, so maybe you can go ultimate stupid expensive shit build and quit the league.

Honestly, loot based games are inherently trash.
Video game equivalent to slot machines.

Attached: 8b1.png (680x510, 1.34M)

Delve, nigger. Incursion. E n d l e s s!

>then they can stop giving their bullshit excuse about people prefering no marketplace
GGG has never pretended that people don't want a marketplace, they straight up tell players they don't want trading to be an "easy" experience.

GGG will NEVER put a market ingame

they are making money by RMTing currency

>Ruiner but ARPG and online multiplayer
I will now buy your game

They took three really good ideas and combined them, but every decision they've made on their own has been bad. The game is a constant contest between the goodness of the three stolen ideas, and the badness of everything else.
The three good ideas were: the base mechanics of Diablo 2, materia from FF7, and the sphere grid from FF10. The bad ideas include (but are hardly limited to): running simultaneous client/server simulations with authoritative server (now called "predictive mode"), replacing gold with tokens for item services, adding overpowered subclasses (and thereby killing the "classes are just starting locations" thing), adding a lengthy dungeon that resets if you leave it (in an online game with dodgy servers), the certainty that sane trading will destroy the game (while players incrementally implement an auction house themselves, with indexing and botting), the old masters, and the new masters.

if you fags really knew how much botting PoE has

its kinda sad

How is d2/ d3 are they worth a try. I lost interest in poe after 200h~

Console versions have market.

good points, it's why magic was so powerful for so long, their skills scaled properly while melee didn't.

1) they ruined cyclone (they changed it from d2 whirlwind to grim dawn shitclone)
2) 10 acts are boring af
3) you are penalized for not minmaxing your atlas
4) game is way too easy/mindless compared to before - feels like playing d3
5) unlocking the atlas is a chore
6) every game gets boring at >10k hours played. poe is no different

remember when it was discovered that Chris Wilson's only sharholding partner was running an rmt business with poe on the side and it got completely swept under teh rug because they own the reddit, the discord, and all social media outlets for their game?

>4) game is way too easy/mindless compared to before - feels like playing d3
if you don't fast clear you aren't playing it correctly :)))))))))))

How the fuck does that deny what he said? If anything it's more proof that all loot is fucking useless. Also
>get good
>at loot based game
Holy shit the braindead.

Botting is 100% required to make trade leagues playable without trade overhaul. GGG knows, that's why they don't ban it.

Grim Dawn and D2 are still better than Path of Trading.

How much money is in there to sell currency to these sites and how do you not get ripped off by them?

Here's hoping Diablo 4 doesn't suck too many dicks.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=oGqg2blF-vE

Jesus, might as well just play with a calculator or some excel sheets. I think that's why i dropped it, PoE reached a point where it doesn't feel like a game or something you could immerse yourself anymore.

I tried this game out and played it for a while way back in beta and when it first came out, and it had it’s problems, but generally ran “okay’
Why does the game run like shit and lag everywhere now?

It's not even remotely the same game anymore. There's a lot more going on now.

listening to the vocal minority of rabid OCD autists

>The three good ideas were: the base mechanics of Diablo 2, materia from FF7, and the sphere grid from FF10.
Is there any other game that does this but hasn't turned into an autism engine and complete parody of itself?

the most used method long ago was dried lake botting, now it is what?
i remember looking at 20 botters using the same equip sitting idle at the chestbox once... from there digging info about bots

Yes, even popular streamers do it even though it's against the rules.
GGG knows it's shit but if they change it now it would require rebalancing the whole game.

path of cyclone. ed can fuck off

For whatever reason an SSD improves performance everywhere. Makes me think that each area is not fully loaded or some stupid shit.

loads area did i dc yes reloads area

why is there no chink poe/diablo?
they don't like grinding? I'd love a poe clone with hot anime chicks and grinding for some super skimpy panties or something.

Not that I know of, and that's why Path of Exile--can be played, because those three ideas are all really good and go well together.
Regarding mistakes, I'd probably argue that the biggest one is thinking that randomness is the path to gameplay diversity. This was also, like, the flaw with No Man's Sky and Spore: when you leverage "procedural generation" too much, the novelty wears out once you get a sense for the algorithms and assets that are being recombined, and the distributions that are being selected from. And, as you say, what you're left with is an autism engine.

you don't need 20 million dps gear, with 1-3 million dps (pretty easy this league) you can destroy the whole content you just need to know what the fuck you need

well now you know most of the poe forum guides are made by absolute retards that do RMT, look at that idiot with only 4 challenge complete this league doing a fucking guide

I'm pretty sure PoE is popular in China. Never knew how much I wanted a non grim fantasy one until now.

>You can beat all d2 content outside of uber tristram which isn't regularly available, with absolute garbage blues
This is a fucking lie.

>ARPG
>skill based
That's a fucking retarded statement. It's like saying grand stragtegies should rely on superior reflexes, or FPS should gauge your skill at rythm games.
We get it, you want to fit in as teh super hardcorez gamer but you sort of missed the point of the genre. Which is and has always been loot.

There are a bunch of them most of them arn't released in the west and if they are they are pay to win.

always in these arpg threads saying "grim yawn" what a salty faggot lmao

Attached: 1558168418897.jpg (520x390, 23K)

Not him, and I see your point, but I feel like more skill testing mechanics in POE wouldn't hurt. Reducing the esoteric list of six gorillion damage types, increasing the visual clarity to allow for more strategy, and doing a better job of telegraphing enemy attacks and offering counterplay besides bursting them or facetanking them definitely wouldn't hurt. They don't even have to make the game "harder", they could instead just enable undergeared players to outplay.