Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Why did everyone call this game a Persona clone? The game has a system that similar to social links but that's about it. There is very little that this game takes from Persona.

Attached: attach1464756705.png (723x360, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA
gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
twitter.com/meme_look/status/1074891282357510144
youtu.be/oPvImFEcs_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it originally had SMT attached to it's name and SMTfags didn't want anything to do with it, so they called a Persona game.

Because nobody played but complained as if they know anything. I enjoyed, despite the anime cringe intrinsically involved into it.
Definitely should had a darker tone, maybe even presentation, it barely showed anything about the bad side of japanese idol culture and just glanced over the religious elements that inspired performance art in general.

I finished this game but can't remember a single thing about it other than the fact that I liked it and FUCK the TV station

Attached: DUDE.png (398x289, 29K)

It's a Revelations game, so it's closer to Persona than SMT.

Because it was a SMT spinoff with teenagers in Tokyo and nobody who called it Persona bothered to play it or even fact check.The similarities start and end with the setting and the set party, which are common elements of most SMT spinoffs in the first place. I guess it sort of resembles Persona 2 but the comparisons obviously only included P3 and P4.
Whatever, people are stupid. This was GOTY hands down, happy birthday #FE.

unironically better than p5.

back to discord tranny

It's not just smt fans, i've seen plenty of fe fans also write this off as a persona rip off

No one played

Attached: fLmsGfQ.jpg (539x346, 40K)

modern pop setting at first glance
even if there's more to it, first impressions will turn people off

Because they didn't play it, they just whined on Yea Forums because it wasn't grimdark in aesthetic the whole time. Great game, best RPG in a while at the time, it deserves another shot at success on the Switch.

When normal people are turned off of something, they just ignore it, they don't invent lies and go about spreading libel on anonymous hong kong train set boards.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions = TMS
Shin Megami Tensei = SMT

How am I only noticing this?

i don't know how you missed it user, that's the entire reason they called it that
am i the only one who gets completely tongue tied when i try to say it out loud, "mirage sessions" absolutely refuses to come out of my mouth without making me sound like i'm gargling marbles

It literally is a god damn persona game down to the roots
Imagine playing a hardcore dungeon crawler where you’ve had to murder your way to the top then Atlus tries to push “We are your friends and we’re popstar idols!!”
You’d be Fucking pissed.
The tone is too light the game is easier than falling asleep and it’s just gay at the end of the day.

>made by the team who did Strange Journey
I don't have a Wii U, but by default it's better than any Persona made in this century.

lmao

No just let it stay dead.

Attached: 1D9C28AA-47E6-43AE-9737-D0971B7A4046.jpg (400x559, 120K)

SMT fan and FE fan here, I enjoyed this game. The long session chain attacks do get tiresome late in the game when your entire party will follow up almost every attack, but still fun. Better than any Persona game.

Yeah they really should have shortened that up
Like damn this is entirely too long and cinematic man.

KOWASHITAI

Legit good music. Shame it's pretty much the only decent one out of the ones sang by the VAs.

Dream*Catcher is a fucking banger dude

>Socializing with party members to strengthen them
>Main game mechanic is based equipping and making stuff that gives you skills, stats and elemental resistances/weaknesses
>Combat is based around exploiting weaknesses and using buffs/debuffs
>Urban setting based around Japan with fantasy elements
>Every dungeon (sans the last one) is based around a character
>Said character usually undergoes a transformation that explores his innermost desires
>Presentation and menus focused around a color (green)
>Very modern soundtrack
GEE I WONDER WHY

2, 3, 4 and 8 could be said about shin megami tensei in general

I liked it.

Remember persona is an SMT spinoff
Sure they share similar elements but tone, art, and difficulty aren’t even close.

does this game work in the wii u emu?
if not whens the switch port announcement

Not 2. In SMT you can only "make" party members via fusion, not equippable items. Only in Persona you can make and equip Personas, which would be nearly the same as TMS's weapons. 8 is also debatable, mainline SMT isn't THAT modern inspired and there's zero things pop-inspired, but whatever.

You guys think they'll drop the censorship if it ever gets released on Switch?

Persona doesn't have you crafting personas made of items found in dungeons

Nope.

>haven't played Persona 2
Also, in every other Persona you craft Personas out of other Personas found in dungeons. Wow huge difference!

Probably, Nintendo's policy flipped fucking upside down after all the backlash from the Wii U era. That said they'd better keep the street clothes outfits too because all three of them were god tier. I don't even think that's unlikely because the JP fanbase seemed pretty disappointed they didn't get them.
Fuck the wedding dress though, what a horrible decision.

I wish I could say I liked the game, but I just got really bored halfway in, I feel like the gameplay was sub-par, and the story just gave up, so I had no reason to keep going. Characters were introduced as party members for the sake of having certain weapon/spell types, and whatever character arcs they had were covered in the optional substories you could totally skip, with no incentive to make you want to learn more about them; it honestly felt like an antithesis to the Persona games, which it felt like the setting took heavy inspiration from, save maybe 3, which I felt had a similar problem with its hair-trigger character introductions giving a lack of reason to care for half the cast.
Kiria was super-cute though. It’s a shame her regular Mirage Master outfit sucks & zipper-panties got cut due to a crappy karaoke promotion.

Attached: 77209AF8-3635-4A2C-9C36-9CE5A6D38F5A.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

To be specific, pretty much all Nintendo games are already being developed with a localization crew aside. If they edited some scenes to be palatable for both the JP and WW audience, it's most probably done mid-development so that it won't be a jarring issue by then

>named Mammary
>is flat
What did they mean by this

Attached: 1514489304346.jpg (516x664, 115K)

>Why did everyone call this game a Persona clone?
Because it looked like one and nobody owned a Wii U to argue otherwise. I bought a Wii U when it came out and enjoyed it immensely despite it flaws.

You can't escape justice.

she was meant to depict the ideal
also tsubasa stole hers, true story

I haven't played this game yet but want to, it sounds great and I feel like I'd love it, but honestly the only thing that's been keeping me from picking it up is the dread that as soon as I do, that's when they suddenly announce a Switch version. So I keep waiting for either that port to be announced or for them to outright 100% say it's never happening.

This is the exact dread I feel about Persona 3, I just know they're remaking it and that they'll announce it while I'm playing it. Same exact thing happened with Strange Journey.

I liked this game. It was goofy and over the top. I couldn't even keep a straight face through some of the ridiculous idolshit. But I still enjoyed it and its ridiculousness anyway. Hope to see it on the switch, the gameplay was good, just needs a speed up or skip button for the 6 session attacks in a row you trigger all the time.

because it's a bright, colorful, and cheerful game that has SMT in the title

see:
youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

Hard to say. It seems like they've gotten softer on censorship with new games, but at the same time they would kinda be admitting that they were wrong to do it in the first place on Wii U, and I think NoA might be too arrogant to admit that

Switch port this.

>Socializing with party members to strengthen them
This was in Devil Survivor 2, which the team who made that worked on this and in some parts of SMTIVA as well
>Main game mechanic is based equipping and making stuff that gives you skills, stats and elemental resistances/weaknesses
Isn't exclusive to Persona and is a trademark of SMT in general
>Combat is based around exploiting weaknesses and using buffs/debuffs
Again, SMT in general
>Urban setting based around Japan with fantasy elements
SMT in general, again
>Every dungeon (sans the last one) is based around a character
I didn't know Persona invented these and they weren't just things Jrpgs had for certain arcs in their games
>Said character usually undergoes a transformation that explores his innermost desires
I'll give this one to you
>Presentation and menus focused around a color (green)
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse is a Persona game too then
>Very modern soundtrack
It's a game set in modern Japan about the music and entertainment industry, where you expecting music from the Edo era?

Attached: 2424703154261085.jpg (720x996, 52K)

*joins in*
>Literally no one in the party cant die now
Why is she so op like holy shit

>Dungeon crawling the exact same as persona
>Combat system almost exactly like persona
>The FE characters are fucking personas
>Tokyo high school teen bullshit throughout

It was literally persona

DeSu2 and DagDa's Bizarre Adventure are bad games and they should feel bad for using them as baselines

>>Dungeon crawling the exact same as persona
>>Combat system almost exactly like persona
>>The FE characters are fucking personas
Ah, I see you didn't play it

Attached: #FE_locations.jpg (2000x2289, 3.56M)

*blocks bosses attack*
*heals and revives everyone*

Attached: 1553811391124.jpg (2880x1444, 583K)

Attached: #FE_weapons.jpg (2560x2160, 3.08M)

No u

Attached: 1532729000179.png (1440x1262, 2.26M)

Attached: ABSOLUTE MADMAN.png (1536x864, 2.68M)

Maybe Yggdrasil Rod was a EO reference?

Attached: Atlus-Collaboration-FE-Costumes-20.jpg (495x640, 32K)

KOWASHITAI

>leaving out the sick as fuck nidhoggr bow
i get that that one is super obvious but it's still really fucking cool

The SJ team also did Marie's dungeon in P4G, that doesn't mean it was good.

How do I improve text resolution of the game on CEMU? Also, other things to make the game run better on CEMU?

I didin't unlock every weapons. Even on NG+.

Play it on Wii U.

Attached: #FE_Kiria.png (1440x810, 1.72M)

>Play it on Wii U.
Don't fucking touch me.

P4 just inherently has garbage dungeons due to its core design, there was no saving it. granted they absolutely managed to make it worse.

any other deep lore references?

I liked the character interactions more than those of P5 if we’re being honest. Switch port when?

>Switch port when?
Never.
shitch ports beggars should kill themselves.

Attached: #FE_Kiria_Kurono_wallpaper.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Please release the uncensored version on Switch

Most things in the game are either subtle SMT references or overt FE references

Oh, I've only played SMT IV and SJ

>uncensored

Attached: R8PE01-1.png (1700x1016, 378K)

Dude #FE is ny favorite game and even I can acknowledge it's one of the most censored localizations of the 21st century

Don't be a drama queen. They altered couple of suits. That's it.

Attached: nd-2.png (1500x1691, 3.75M)

>Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse is a Persona game too then
yep

well it just so happens the game was made by SJ staff so most of the games' major components overlap, like the battle system being essentially the same thing but heavily expanded on or the fact that enemies drop forma, called performa in #FE

Which is still one of the most censored localization in the 21st century.
They also altered the swimsuit scene and changed the context entirely.

they changed every graphic in one of the 6 dungeons and the story implications of an entire chapter you fuck

>they changed every graphic in one of the 6 dungeons and the story implications of an entire chapter you fuck
There's a patch for this? :(

Didn't some of the dlc get removed from the western release too?

Yes, but you have to miss out on the literal best outfit for one of the characters

Attached: WVW69jW67iYfyIePwB.jpg (800x450, 108K)

gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/

yeah.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

They didn't release the hot springs story DLC, yeah

Then wait for it to come out in a re-release on Switch. Those are your only options for actual human beings.

You're retarded with shit taste,
Not surprising coming from somebody who defends censorship.

Currently on the last dungeon and I don't get why this game has attracted so many avid fans.
The gameplay is nice, but pretty average as far as SMT goes. The session system is cool and the different ways to trigger it like Eleonora's passive are nice, but that's just it, nice.
The fact that the game lets you just spam Attack and Magic mirrors is also pretty silly, and I'm not very fond of having to remake the same weapons to learn new skills.
I also am not a fan of the soundtrack, I think it's really dull and not memorable with one or two exceptions.
The models are awful and some characters look especially terrible like Tiki, but the hand-drawn art is fantastic and I like it a lot.
The story is fucking ass. I've watched other Idol anime and stuff like Love Live is way better. Every arc in this game is just "your voice/acting/passion awakened them from their possession/brainwash/despair and you saved them!!", I'm still at the last dungeon and now that we have more of a FE1 motif in the story, it's a bit more interesting, but still not that much. The not-social-links are also really lame and the only semi-interesting ones were like the last one for Eleonora and Yashiro, but even those are pretty unoriginal.
Finally, I wish it had more than FE1 characters/plot elements and FE13 characters. I think other FEs deserved some love too.

Look man, I have both a Wii U and a Switch, I just want them to either full on confirm a Switch version is never being made, or announce one. Until I get a definitive answer either way I'm not going to feel comfortable getting the Wii U version, out of paranoia that as soon as I do they announce the updated re-release.

cute skirt

>bawwwww don't emulate, d-daddy nintendo w-will get mad
Faggot.

>Give her an even better version of her already good SP skill at the same low cost.
Whar were thinking?

Attached: 1497132064498.jpg (724x1024, 64K)

indeed

Attached: Mamori_Costume.png (1620x1215, 3.93M)

works perfectly but it has some graphical bugs (broken shadows, missing portraits).

>they changed every graphic
They changed couple of repetitive textures with swumsuits.

#FE is DDS and SJ love baby.

Hot springs, i.e. most gay cancerous shit.

Attached: #FE_Yashiro_Tsurugi_wallpaper.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Also I forgot to mention that every battle lasts 30 years due to the session system, and you should've been able to skip or at least speed it up. And on the subject of skipping, not being able to straight-up skip the cutscenes but instead being forced to simply speed up through them is meh.
I also think the game would've been shit on Normal, at least some battles are decently fun on Hard, but I can't be bothered to replay for Lunatic.

>and the story implications of an entire chapter
False.

The game bombed. It’s never coming to Switch.

You seem butthurt.

I mean there’s a lot of reasons I like it and most of it is content and gameplay related. Also the characters are fun and their interactions in the story and outside were also cool. And I did like the soundtrack too

Is Barry based or cringe?

Attached: unknown[1].png (1078x219, 262K)

He's based.

Attached: 0wsqibk9r6511.jpg (1334x750, 101K)

This line was based.

Both.

Attached: Naked Barry.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

Yes my butt hurts a lot, thanks for noticing.

>The fact that the game lets you just spam Attack and Magic mirrors is also pretty silly
Don't you have a limit on how many of these you can carry? Mirrors are not nearly as OP as in SMT since you don't get extra turns when you reflect attacks so it makes sense to let you buy them.

Hello there game that has to be port for the Switch alongside W101

Yes and the only battle worth actually using magic mirrors is the Excellus one

I think the limit is 6 which is plenty. Not getting sessions or extra turns doesn't matter because the reflected damage is massive on bosses that don't drain or nullify their own element.
To be honest, Maigc mirrors aren't that fantastic, it's the attack mirrors that are broken as fuck.

/ourguy/

Attached: 1555457754476.jpg (1920x1920, 1022K)

Attached: #FE_Tsubasa_Oribe_wallpaper.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

I'm confident that the only reason it's taken so long is that Atlus and IS don't want to announce it before FE3H and P5R come out because they don't want its sales to be cannibalized by their own products. I bet if it happens it'll be announced and released between P5R and SMTV.

Play #FE

Attached: IMG_9647.jpg (650x629, 93K)

Attached: Megidolaon.webm (1280x720, 1.99M)

It is, Yggdrassil Rod is one of the weapons you can forge from the superboss' drop in EOIV, if I recall correctly.

already did and I would do it again if they ported an uncencored vercion to the switch...
Also a sequel where Kiria/Tharja are the manager and the rest of the cast is new would be fine too.

Wait fuck, does this actually place it in a timeline? Doesn't really help much because DeSu is also just ambiguously megaten, but at least now #FE has some common ground setting-wise with ONE other game.

>where Kiria/Tharja are the manager and the rest of the cast is new
But Itsuki is the new president, not Kiria. And Mamori should be the "veteran" of the party like Kiria was, since she'd be a teen in the sequel

This is just a reference. That guy in a pic is probably DeSu fan.

Attached: 20181210220329.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

I think we just go with new party members, and they could do it like Flynn in SMT4A, where Itsuki & Chrom or other party members are experienced vets doing cool shit off screen while guiding the new party through whatever.

Since every character is built off Fire Emblem class archetypes and class lines with some magic stapled to them, you could pick a new axe armor dude(Hector?) and new character to fill Mamori's niche

It would make perfect sense for Mamori to come back though, she'd be the same age as the rest of the party is now.

I really hope any potential sequel has law/neutral/chaos routes, FE3H and unfortunately Fates are perfect for choosing alignment reps from

Pass.

This game does not look appealing and I play Compile Heart games

>But Itsuki is the new president, not Kiria.
thougth lorewise your assumption would be correct, Do you really want to have to Self insert mary sues in your party? have him go missing and Kiria come and take care of the Place
>Mamori should be the "veteran" of the party
Fair point but you would have to upgrade her teddy bear armor to something more "mature"
On a second note who would you want to be a mirage in your party and why?

There’s something wrong with you then because I played this and CH games repulse me

>There’s something wrong with you then because I played this and CH games repulse me

I think it was because how Nintendo was trying to push this game.

>idolshit reveal trailer
>still has the balls to call it a SMT x FE crossover

Remember to spam Nintendo social media if you want ports/sequel
twitter.com/meme_look/status/1074891282357510144

Itsuki would make a fine advisor since his whole shtick is being good at guiding other people. Plus you could justify keeping him out of the party since his Lord class line would presumably overlap with whoever new MC would be.

i wouldn't stoop to this level normally but damn i want it so bad

I pretty shamelessly hope it's a girl with Lyn as her mirage

Yeah I would see Itsuki playing more of a "mentor" role since he's the president now. And the other characters like Touma and Tsubasa could be "coaches" like Barry was

You can change the story to make it a better game, but you can’t change the idolshit setting; what do you do to fix #FE?

Attached: BC54D0AE-351B-495B-98A1-93DC86C17EDB.jpg (600x872, 87K)

It's working for W101 and that game sold less than #FE

>This game is why I have trust issues.
Kek

In Japan it's called Genei Ibunroku #FE which is similar to how the original Persona iscalled Megami Ibunroku in Japan.

Easy, since the only idol character is Tsubasa. Replace her with gravure model like young maiko

What a fucking slog this game was to play through, christ. Wouldn't recommend it for the life of me. What a linear, boring shitfest with terrible story and cringy writing.

That sporty look with the short shorts and ZR is unironically great. It sucks that it's the product of censorship.

As a FE fan, a SMT fan, and someone who likes cute anime girls and idolshit in theory (but have yet to play a good game with it), this game seemed to be exactly what I wanted. But I've heard it's really lacking in difficulty, the battle animations take forever, there aren't many sidequests, and the songs are terrible. So I guess I'll check it out once I get a better computer but I'm not too excited anymore.

>and I play Compile Heart games
So I should disregard your opinion when video games are concerned?

>Currently on the last dungeon and I don't get why this game has attracted so many avid fans.
It's good shitposting material against old SMTfags and FEfags

>I've heard it's really lacking in difficulty
It's spot on great on Hard.

>But I've heard it's really lacking in difficulty
Lie.

>the battle animations take forever
Only in the end of the game.

> there aren't many sidequests
Lie.

>the songs are terrible
Blatant lie.

Attached: Nope.png (763x739, 1.05M)

only in America

I played a couple of hours with an emulator, i couldn't the stand the main heroine, she's so fucking annoying.

the fights are the same. areas same. characters same. social shit same. you fucking retarded bro?

Attached: kinda.png (480x489, 302K)

The songs are good and every character in your party has their own sidequest line
youtu.be/oPvImFEcs_o

just buy a wii u or don't but quit bitching you insufferable faggot

I wish persona 5 has dungeon and battle system as good as this game user

Make it darker, it's too happy and easygoing and it sucks.
Also make it so characters aren't all cardboard cutouts of anime tropes.

That's not bad.

Is it harder than SMT SJ at least?

desu P5 has better dungeons and gameplay but TMS has better dungeons and gameplay than the rest of the series. Not having SMT demons and negotiation is a minus.

It did? well damn w101 was the best gmae of thet year!
Mke the villians more memorable that pervy teacher in P5 will be remebered for at least another 5 years. Also make at leastone of the sidequest about what the Fire emblem character would want to do in our world, the olny one who whent like "shit new world better do the most out of my time here and learn what I can" was Tharja the rest where nt even interes in the minimum about learning or trying anything from this world.

Game is only decently hard sometimes on Hard. Lunatic is probably the best but you need to clear the game once for it so I never bothered.
Battles do take forever and it sucks that you can't skip them.
There are social links with party members but they're pretty dull aside from the occasional fun boss fight. There are other sidequests but I didn't bother doing any of them past chapter 3.
I didn't like most of the songs and I also didn't like most of the dungeon/battle music, but there's some good stuff out there. In the end, Nanjo will work her magic on any garbage she touches.