IS BLOODSTAINED HARD?

IS BLOODSTAINED HARD?

I'm thinking about buying the game, but I personally can't play games that aren't at least decently challenging. Is Bloodstained difficult or does it have a Hard mode available from the start?
On a scale from SotN (easy) to Ecclesia (average) to classicvanias (moderately hard), where would you put Bloodstained?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IkV1Zlf3nY
youtube.com/watch?v=vpzsBtojFR0
imgur.com/a/DRIyHuU
steamcommunity.com/app/692850/discussions/0/1638662230384924742/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Games_Machine_(Italy)
info.nicovideo.jp/gamemaga/pharaoh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Normal isn't that challenging.
I know you can unlock the harder difficulties from the start by naming your file save differently, I know "NIGHTMARE" works but I don't know if you need to type "HARD" or something else for hard mode.
It has to be the name you pick when you start, you can't change the difficulty afterwards by editing the name.

Somewhere between SOTN and Aria.
It's easy as fuck.
The bosses are a joke.
Here's every boss except the dragons
>boss attacks
>jump over its head
>land behind it and hit it in the back for 5-10 seconds while it tries to turn around

After the amazing bosses in Curse Of The Moon, I was sadly disappointed

You unlock both when using that password.

i just take a bunch of MP potions and whip out the ol Heretical Grinder for the entire battle, dodging attacks when necessary

fucking destroys them no sweat

Attached: 9f7b3f9c65e84e3545bf302c07fd0481.jpg (512x512, 49K)

I just muscled my way through the 2 spike corridors, how were you supposed to do that one?

>completed the entire game with True arrow and Welcome company
I just can't any reason to replace those.
Are there any better combination?

No, it is basically like SotN, plenty of powerful shit to find and abuse, there are OP techniques for weapons but if you are "bad" plenty of shards are justa s good and with food you eventually unlock a MP Regen so big you can spam em.

My first run i basically stuck with:

Rhava Bular (Later Rhava Velar), a "Sword" you can spam nonstop, the high DPS from that make even the base variant basically on par with "ultimate weapons" of other class but you can only upgrade it at the end game, still basically THE best weapon, basically the Valmanway/Crissaegrim from Castlevania, available very early from a enemy drom.
Riga Stoerama, Fire Pillar, weak at first but throw on a few rubies and it is basically a cheap attack that goes on longer then the screen provided there is ground, and since bosses tend to be BIG the pillars all hit multiple times, but the main draw is that it is so cheap you can start spamming it early.
Teps Oceus: "Aiming" shard that requires no aiming and basically becomes another Screen nuke that hits big enemies multiple times when upgraded, more MP expensive then Riga though, but also does not need to worry about floors.

And had no issue at all.

Anyone knows what magic is he using in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=2IkV1Zlf3nY

Aegis armor

>final boss
>needing a guide
I za worldo'd and killed him without letting him get a single attack in.

>I cheesed the boss the unintended way
Em okay

the fuck is the intended way? I had shit and I used it, is my picking up of particular shards "unintended"?

>using the tools the game gives you is considered "cheese"
Are you that fag that cries about people using shields in souls games?

I have so much fun doing that.

Attached: aVe1bxM_700b.jpg (473x750, 125K)

This with welcome party and dullahan familiars obliterates shit in seconds, especially if you take time to farm up the grades

I wish all the physical weapon types were more effective but theres so much magic shit from the shards. I'll probably do a mage run with each shortcut dedicated to an element or summon

Attached: 1520825685660.jpg (306x305, 26K)

>Try Nightmare mode
>Everything hits like a truck and bosses have new moves.
Shit was made for NG+, especially if you're aiming to get the boss medals.

think you quoted the wrong guy.

Play SotN on an epsxe emulator, if you find that hard then this will be maybe hard for you. It's about the same level of difficulty.

Attached: pc-and-video-games-games-ps4-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night.png (600x600, 341K)

Normal's pretty easy. New game Nightmare is extremely difficult, although the imprecise hitboxes will drive you insane on occasion.

Asked this before

Hard mode clean or NG+?

first few areas are symphony tier but it picks up somewhat in the cathedral
still not ecclesia but it's something, hopefully it'll keep this trend up
t. just got to the cathedral

Is there a trick to the vampire chick I'm missing? Like can you prevent her from healing?

>Hard
clean
>Nightmare
NG+

Nope, you can't even kill her until she heals. But she'll only do it once.

>She sits on your shoulder if you wait around
I like the thought they put into this. Don't have many other summons, but the others I do have don't react any differently when you're sitting. Someone had fun with this. For good reason too, I want to fuck both Miriam and that fairy.

Attached: 1557940065168.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

The book familiar says something when you save but I've got the jap language on and haven't been bothered to look up what it means.

I heard she doesnt heal if you dont get hit but just look at the healing as a 2nd phase and keep at it

Dantalion rests on Miriams hand when she sits

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_04_56_06_191.webm (900x500, 2.99M)

Nope, I got the medal for her, she'll always heal once you get her below 1000-ish HP.

spamming arrows or knives is much more efficient than this

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_07_23_11_054.webm (900x500, 2.9M)

Lance is a TON of fun, i fucking feel so powerful spamming those juicy thicc lances

Grab a katana, do the forward, back, forward tech
Everything on a straight line dies

in english he says 'Another page in your story, retained'
He also says 'Blessings be upon you' when casting a buff, I dunno if he says anything else

And it also costs magic

Besides. This is funner

It's Hard but also completely breakable. Even on NIGHTMARE you can effortlessly kill every boss/enemy by spamming True Arrow and guzzling super-cheap mana potions.

If you don't try to cheese it it's pretty hard though.

>Somewhere between SOTN and Aria.
>It's easy as fuck.
I thought Aria was really hard do I just suck?

>tfw when you play the piano in the garden the fairy sings a song

Attached: 1514497677630.jpg (544x544, 163K)

ah nice, thanks for that.

>And it also costs magic
completely irrelevant with blue roses everywhere and magic regen

Is there a bug with the resolution? The option just displays a blank box in the menu.

I love how overpowered shards are because you make literally every single one useful except for the chair one I guess

Attached: 1557347491545.jpg (580x580, 196K)

Nightmare is easy at first. By the time you hit the endgame every hit becomes a OHKO and you do like a quarter of the average damage output. Then it's hard.

>spoiler

Someone hasn't tried using it on OD

>if you hold up, she does one pose
>if you keep holding up, she shows off her back to you

Attached: 1520618738350.jpg (638x610, 23K)

Hard can be difficult. Bosses start dealing 150 - 200 early on and you die in just a few hits, and potions don't heal shit while food is expensive to buy back or takes a lifetime to grind materials for.

No

It's a joke on Normal mode. Hard actually beefs up the bosses and gives them new moves and AI, as well as insane damage that will put you down in just a few hits. Nightmare is one-hit kills by the time you reach Bloodless.

I'd say Hard is the optimal way to play the game, since it doesn't limit you character progression in any way and you can still level up familiars.

Just bought this, should I play on Normal or Hard for the first time ?

Keyboard or controller ?

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_07_27_06_658.webm (900x500, 2.92M)

Hard. Normal is the easy mode and you don't even have to avoid damage and can just stand inside of the boss and punch it to death.

If you've played a non-classic Castlevania before play in hard, if not then do normal.

Honestly, I would say unlock hard and play it on that. Normal's pretty easy and you gain nothing much from wasting valuable time there that you can use to craft stupid shit later on.

I did the mistake of spending too many hours on normal, just don't do that. If you do normal, do it quick and disregard side stuff.

How do you backstep so fast?

press down to cancel the recovery

I cant even beat the first boss on normal
why am i so bad at videogames
why god why

Attached: 1560866436585.png (924x1105, 799K)

Wait is Hard like some sort of NG+ where you unlock new shit ? I thought it was just a difficulty selection

Difficulties are locked but you can unlock Hard by typing NIGHTMARE in your file when you're starting a new game.

Except on NG+ Nightmare is a fucking joke. There is no point to NG+ because it doesn't scale at all. You just one shot everything.

Nightmare is intended to be a challenge. Don't be a dumb bitch.

Other than bosses having new moves is there something new in hard? Like new weapons or shit?

I can't stand the shard get animation. I hate seeing Miriam in so much pain when it happens to her. She shouldn't suffer like that ;_;

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

See I haven't played Hard mode myself, but I remember this room. I grinded it for Enhance Whip. On normal, those Cyhyraeths are not normally in that room.

Where the FUCK am I supposed to go after I get the ability to reverse gravity?
I explored nearly 75% of the castle, I honestly don't know where to try anymore.
If I go beat Gebel, it just gives me a Game Over.

Attached: Unbenannt.jpg (1269x659, 283K)

just turn it off

>Game requires analog sticks
>Have only a gamepad that doesn't that's perfect, or a gamepad that does that it's shit for special moves (xbone controller)

Dammit. I guess I'll dust off and clean my sixaxis.

Did you get the armor that gives you immunity to spikes?

Attached: BloodstainedRotN.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

How do you not see the obvious spots where you can invert?

Yes

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: 20190624150300_1.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Pirates be fucked, stuck on 1.0

Attached: file.png (1269x659, 1.21M)

That's where I tried first, but I can't proceed in those places, I just get stuck on the ceiling with nowhere to go.

Then go to the first tall room that you haven't discovered yet, there are spikes that keep you from progressing.

OP here. ePSXe is pretty much deprecated, use some of the better Mednafen or RA cores instead.
I can't play SotN these days because it's too easy even if I hack and decimate the stats. IGAvanias in general hold no appeal to me anymore because they're far too easy (and I'm rarely into jsut toying about in a game, I like a challenge). Which is why I'm asking.

>bring me a Rhava Búral that was totally Talia's
am I being conned by Abigail

If you already have the Aegis armor you should head to the entrance of the castle, where there's a huge vertical section, and explore up there.

I marathoned the entire "igavania" series a few months ago like I usually do every couple of years or so, and I will say this is better than SoTN.

There should be a lvl 1 hack for SotN by now, I hope? Could be fun. They made one for DoS and it pretty much plays like the lvl 1 hard modes from PoR and OoE.

uh huh sure

help a nigger out i'm trying to farm gold and i have the exact same set up as all these other nigs but i don't get anywhere near as many drops

It has more content
It's more polished and fast paced
Less of it feels rushed and pointless
There's a point to craft and find broken shit
The only things that make SoTN better are graphics and music.

Anyway, to answer your question RotN is PISS EASY on Normal since so many shards and weapon drops from the enemies are completely OP and people just facetank everything, BUT you can type NIGHTMARE as your name and it's basically hard mode lvl 1 and you'll spend hours just trying the first boss since one of its attacks is very hard to avoid and it's a 1 hit KO, you have to stand behind the minions it spawns so that you survive. Basically, the balance is wack, it's either too easy or too bullshit, so YMMV.

What does MIND do?

>Less of it feels rushed and pointless
this one cracked me up

Outside of the aesthetics and nostalgia SotN is easily the weakest igavania gameplay wise. There are no difficulty modes, no NG+, very limited weapon and spell selection etc etc. Not to mention the literal copypasta with the inverted castle.

I may double dip for the switch despite all the shortcomings, this game is just too good.
Is the game hard though? No, unless you play nightmare from the get go but even then normal is harder than vanilla SotN.

Magic resistence

Yeah, thanks a bunch.
I'm trying to choose between Nightmare and Hard. Nightmare sounds like fun, but it takes out a mechanic from the game, and I don't really like that on my first playthrough. I sure hope Hard isn't completely brain-dead.

absolutely kills me that this game actually looks good
would you guys really expect to get enough hours out of it to justify the price?

>may double dip for the switch
based retard

do you have $40 burning a hole in your pocket

pic related is Switch vs PC, and it's 30 fps on the Switch, and not even a stable 30 fps, the slowdowns are common

Attached: switch-vs-pc.png (2560x720, 2.66M)

I 100%'d the castle with about 25 hours on normal but there is still a ton of shit to do, like collecting everything, NG+ and trying harder difficulties, so make your own judgement.

Who cares about hours, dipshit? The only thing that matters is fun. I'm not confident it provides the fun, though.

You're going to tell me that the inverted castle isn't essentially that

The game provides you with tools to tackle the inverted castle without breaking a sweat if you just bother to explore enough to be able to get to it. There's only one boss that's challenging and no consideration for level design. In contrast, bloodstained is just a little janky.

Do you have Augment Gold maxed out?

I had no idea how I was supposed to get through that area legit so I just socked up on potions and damaged boosted through it.

10-15 hours to just beat the game
20-30 for 100% achievements

Did you set up a macro for that or something?

I got more bags of 2k gold after actually crafting 9 augment gold, so try that (after maxing it out). And also equipping it, of course.

$40 is pocket change to me and i played it on PC already, i want it for portability meme.

I bought void bastards at launch recently and despite being a fairly appealing game I still feel ripped off because I had experienced the entire game in under 10 hours
scared of being burned again
yeah about £1/hour doesn't sound terrible I suppose

yeah the only thing different is i have a little less luck

Google the hardtype patch for SOTN and give a try.

Again, what the fuck do you care about hours? Do you play to burn time rather than to experience good gameplay? There's DotA for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpzsBtojFR0
Now everything feels right.

You don't even need to equip passive shards when they're at rank 9, they're automatically active.
I have augment gold , augment luck, detective's eye stacking up while having another passive shard equiped.

Luck is irrelevant for gold farming (I think). Basically max out Augment Gold, get it to Rank 9 AND Grade 9, make sure to also equip it as passive for double effect. Then find a place with lots of candles and run around back and forth with Accelerator. Gebel's Glasses are also recommended so that the candles won't be dropping any mana roses. You should be getting like 3k each second.

no, I don't have much money and would prefer not to infinitely replay games that I have already finished

the effects stack to an extent though

>You don't even need to equip passive shards when they're at rank 9
Yes, you do, stop misinforming people. Equipping Rank 9 passive shards gives you double effect. E.g. you get +20 to a stat instead of just +10 etc.

So I just suck? I'm playing on normal and just had a hard time with the boss in the secret laboratory. One katana hit could crit for 500 damage.

I try not to use cheese strats and too many consumables though.

Don't they stack? After rising optimizer to rank 9 I got a faster attack speed by equipping it still than not doing so.

i have maxed it out completely and have it as a passive and equipped normally but i get fuck all drops maybe 1 or 2 500 bags every 3 runs i'll try restarting my game and i'll 100% work on getting the gebel's glasses didn't know about those

Why infinitely replay them? Experience them and move the fuck on. I have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
> I don't have much money
If you need a free timewaster, there are scores of that, including a number of very high-profile ones like Hearthstone. But if you want good game design, it doesn't matter how many hours it lasts as loong as it's good throughout.

I barely used any consumables and still facetanked my whole way through the game. Gear is important. Shards are more important than weapons. Find a good one, max it out and spam it like hell.

Where do you get the light beam shard? I got the dark beam shard already.

Here's a decent spot to run back and forth and grab money from candles

Attached: candles.png (1396x649, 1.16M)

Nowhere. You craft it yourself.

Succubus in the desert area drops a shard, and you can craft the beam version of it.

So what's the best Boss Rush loadout? Gebel's Glasses + Accelerator + Summon Hellhound + whatever?

Still top sales on Steam and 2nd on GoG. Holy shit.

What the fuck does "epic" and "cinematic" mean in the graphics options ?

what's the name of that multi dagger shard?

>mfw this jank is going to sell way more than Hollow Knight

Attached: hang_in_there.gif (305x320, 980K)

yep. it's how I beat all of the boss rushes in under a minute. Hellhound just fucks everything

True Arrow, Barbatos in the Garden of Silence drops it

it's 500 times better though
hollow knight fucking sucks dick almost as much your whore mother

How bout a shave user? That rope needs trimming.

Attached: Todd.jpg (639x660, 42K)

Did the steam release get any updates or were the patches console only?

let's end this discussion right here
this dumb frogposter just convinced me to buy the game

Taken from SoTN.

HK is an actual game though instead of a grinding simulator

Attached: 1552306002786.jpg (471x388, 94K)

I thought it was something not-True Arrow. I don't know how you were switching between True Arrow and that light laser beam without using the Shortcut screen.

HK is also a poor man's megaman X without the shooting

You don't to grind you dumbass, ou can try to beat the game with one weapon and a dash, just like in HK, but tell me this, can you do the opposite and do stuff from bloodstained in your precious HK?

Not even him, I was just guessing. Maybe it's Shuriken then.

Why are shitposters trying so hard to drive a wedge between bloodstained and HK? It's a transparent as fuck attempt to create drama.

That's throw spear, it's a normal shard not a directional one.

Because Shitstained is for babbies who can't play a real game with actual gameplay and some challenging bosses. They need their grind and OP stuff.

I've got fast fingers, ask your mom.

Steam released with the patch from the get go.

Play on hard and it's hard.

Maybe Talia did owned one of those as a family relic or something and the demons took it during the first assault?

You would be better asking how the fuck did granny cowstomach could eat all the food you have given her?

shitstained shitposter is here, everyone take notes.

Attached: dringdringdring.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Steam released with 1.02 so there were no broken save shenanigans like on the consoles and then there was another update on the 20th, dunno what it did though.

You are shitposters so hard to drive a wedge between bloodstained and HK It's a transparent as fuck attempt to create drama.

Attached: 1558760529637.jpg (364x160, 8K)

Switch version arrives tomorrow. Why do I get the feeling that I'll get totally fucked? like it will run at 13 FPS for no reason or have some critical error that bricks the console or something?

I can't imagine what would have happened if this released on Wii U as planned

Check out the Bloodstained Switch forum on GameFAQs, a lot of people already have the game. There was a thread here earlier today too, with some screenshots and feedback

Switch version

Attached: 1561336122436[1].jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Attached: Tis Rozaïn.webm (1600x900, 2.94M)

It's just the shitposters that kept saying the game will flop and IGA was a hack, when they were BTFO'D they just started resorting to this, it actually started halfway through the week when the stores released the game too early, because people actually played the game by then, so they had no more arguements at that point

Attached: Comfy Mario.png (196x197, 34K)

>glowing eyes
how?

>tfw stuck on the human boss in the castle
Fuck, i-frame gameplay spoiled me. Guess I could just buy potions but it feels cheap. I can barely get to his second phase after three tries.

ArchDemon, words of wisdom

Well, at least the Switch version is very bad, so we can shitpost about it.

Feels good to see then seethe

Shit, i meant it for you

bunnymorphosis chun li kick annihilates everything.

Has anyone a speedrun yet?

Is that D's hat?

Does anyone have a full technique list? I saw it posted once, but didn't save it.

Mine is 24:47:49

>farming kune "movin' like bernie" kune for 9 resist curse shards
I didn't think this level of suffering was possible

Attached: 1547345821393.gif (300x169, 358K)

>Stuck wandering around looking for next place to go for over an hour
>Don't want to look up a guide for first run through, but so lost
Some day my brain will figure this out, and I'll feel very sad.

Anyone else crafted the last whip, Andromeda ?
I feel like it has homing attacks, like it reaches ennemies normal attacks shouldn't, but it feels random.

Happened to me too several times. This game does not have very obvious means of progression like the former IGA games.

Have you tried talking to NPCs? Sometimes they can give you a hint if you're stuck. It's totes possible to get through to the end without a guide.

When you're genuinely lost, try looking for secret items only accessible by a new skill you found or talk to the NPCs you might encounter. Also try to get more different shards, there's one that's a skill required to advance.

Start holding RB for time stop the moment you see the jumpscare. He can't do anything.

Can anyone confirm that every shard (that can be either collected or crafted multiple times) has a better effect upon reaching grade 9?

Yeah, I have a hint for a very future area at least. Not much of one, but something.
I kill every enemy I meet until I get all drops from them. I guess I should play around with the shards to see what they do rather than go with same ol' same ol'.

Yeah, just saying one of them will let you progress. I got stuck figuring that one out for long enough.

I know exactly how to deal with him but when he doesn't drop his shard 3 times in a row while I have 100+ luck and two Solomon's rings on and there's about 3 whole minutes between kills I'm going to lose my fucking marbles

Just keep trying, user. You’ll get better.

Didn't they say that it might get better with the day one patch?

Va Schia, Tis Rozain, Riga Dohin, Teps Oceus and other shards in this specific "series" of spells are super damn good

>farming for Resist Curse

More than that. They said do not play it before the day one patch.

nearly all weebs are incompetent.

Just don't bother. I had to do the 8 bit nightmare literally 20 times for the boss to drop ONE shard, and that's at Luck 115 + Solomon's Ring, no way I'm collecting all 9, it's bullshit.

Holy fuck this was painful to watch, why is he so fucking slow? Why is he dodging shit when he can just abuse magic and kill dominique and bael in like 5 seconds?? At first I thought he was doing a speedrun or something but then he took the time to look for hidden shit before the boss fight so I guess he's just omega retarded. Anyway the magic he's using is the one you get from the black dragon "Dark ray" or whatever it was called.

They should've made his shard drop 100% like the speedy ninja dude
The fuck is this torture IIIIGAAAAA

you should really max out the dullahammer head shard, it's truly stupid

Damn, with those screenshots, I completely understand why, the fuck is it with stores breaking street date

Attached: Ron Perlman.png (451x604, 534K)

The shard count upgrades whatever the "base stat" is, i.e. the one that doesn't increase with the rank. It tells you both on the shard screen at the bottom.

The rank augments, and the count increases its power.

dumb entitled zoomer.

TIs Raiff (desert area succubus monster) is better, there's also a beam version that you can craft. It's holy element, so it BTFO's a lot of enemies.

If you have the glasses though you can just spam Hellhound for max cheese.

You have become a cursed being and I will never forgive you. My blade and my kinsmen will destroy you someday. From this day on, the Alchemist's Guild will hunt the night.

Seriously though the original story on the kickstarter page was neat.

Attached: Leon.png (1600x1500, 3.44M)

Are any of the 8-bit coin weapons remarkable in any regard?

No. You buy 8 bit coins so you can use the weapon for a 16 bit coin weapon, which you use to craft the 32 bit coin weapon, which is actually good. i'm using my lightsaber whip

You can upgrade them in the late game and they become some of the strongest weapons in the game

They're absolutely capable and will carry you through the whole game if you don't feel like bothering with the crafting system, which I guess was the intent. Any one of them can be upgraded 2 times with 16 bit and 32 bit coins.

If I start the game on Normal, can I play NG+ on a higher difficulty? Also, is Nightmare a decent way to play through the game the first time, or should I just start on Normal or Hard?

What was the story, I completely forgot

Gebel killed off the Alchemists guild for revenge for what they did to Miriam and him then he summoned the castle to give Miriam a home. Being around the demons warps his mind and goes evil.

when in doubt, try hard

>discover NuCrissaegrim
>make OD my bitch

Attached: 1505231254664.jpg (464x454, 47K)

Yes and probably not but it's up to you.

Redbeasts Edge seems to scale off of shards because at several points of the game it was absolutely outclassing any other available weapon on top of being a fast as fuck rapier technically. However it's more like a dagger in practice because even when the blade part reveals itself the actual hitbox is still just pommel itself idk if shit's bugged or what
Also it loses power on at least 16 bit upgrade idk why too

Is there a giant list of all the items/weapons? That's all I'm missing for 100% and it's driving me nuts.

Oh yeah, I remember now, that was very sweet of him, and to be fair, the castle is actually Miriams home by the end of the game

>Justify the price
Are you one of those fuckers who have to buy it for more because they screwed up the regional pricing or are you just poor?

Attached: edd54d611f8ce8edd8ccb00c2d57a32b.png (632x121, 26K)

>tfw can't stop hearing "tits for Zion" after spamming RT with this shard

Attached: plankton.gif (500x346, 988K)

>dumb entitled zoomer.

Attached: 1555329529854.png (128x128, 29K)

just poor, my cat got a lung infection earlier this month and I had to spend a shitload on xrays and medication

Playing Nightmare mode from a fresh save and it is pretty brutal, boss rng can be unfair but it'll probably balance out around a third of the way in like lvl 1 hard modes in CV games did. It makes the enemy encounters memorable and fun though since you get 2 shot.

>my cat got a lung infection earlier this month
hope your cat make it out alive and won't die too soon because of this

Attached: image.png (600x534, 362K)

Is it just me or is the reflector ray one of the most awesome tools in the game? I love *teleports behind you * and wailing on enemies.

This with Riga Stroaema. Ever since I got it, it's my go-to unfuck-that-shit skill.
Ooh, maybe I'll try that next.

There is a proper teleport shard later on

don't bully obaachan you fuck

>Andrealphus is cool as fuck in CotM
>just hops around like a retard in RotN
I can't even remember what he does there besides hopping and dying

Where do i go once I've unlocked the double jump?

up, up, and away

Igavanias are casual shit. You'll have no problem with them unless you're a serious spastic.

What's some cool unlock you can get from making a savefile with a specific name?

Yeah, that was one of the shittiest boss fights in Ritual.

how the fuck am I supposed to beat the kraftwerk without getting hit

Attached: 1529464141135.png (3840x2560, 103K)

Try harder. It's not too bad if you grind a bit and learn the pattern.
In other words, git gud.

One word: candles

elmagus

I think they're all pretty remarkable in their own way, especially since you get to use any one of them as a starting weapon that's way stronger than the stuff you're going to find. There is one rapier though that gets more powerful with the amount of shards you have and by the end game, that thing has 300+ attack, raw.

Normal gets easier the further in you are, just start on hard, also don't use broken abilities like Heretical Grinder.
I find Riga Dohin is pretty good, red shards are pretty shit against bosses except maybe Death Cry

why is 'swimming' intentionally retarded. You make a jet with your hand but move around upright and obstacles take away 1/3 of your health. Why not just fucking swim. Or go horizontal. Wtf this is annoying.

From the double dragon tower, squeeze between the teeth of the gear of that one room with spikes on the ceiling. Proceeding onwards from there should give you silver bromide, which eventually opens up the western side of the area.

Inferno Breath carried me through the whole game and it's grade 1, I can only imagine the insane amount of damage it does on grade 9

I meant eastern. I fucked up.

Is there a point where you cant buy or upgrade shit anymore?

imgur.com/a/DRIyHuU

Attached: space_helmet.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

nope, you're good

Are there anyway to counter OD's za waruto?

Tis Raizen(?) isn't all that great do to it doing a single hit every second, as opposed to a 4x hit with True/Chase arrows.

the titty monster eventually leaves because story but the little loli takes her place

I came up with a strat, I'm sure my way isn't the only way so you should get creative and come up with your own

my strat:
He always does a distinctive pose before using The World, he faces the screen and flares up his cape. This is my cue to dash into the corner and switch to my shortcut with Directed Shield. Direct Shield protects you and completely nullifies the icicles.

Aria is one of the easiest vanias. Even without Claimh Solaris.

I hope the first week sales data is good, bros.

considering getting this on switch
does PC support antialiasing of any kind?

I really would’ve liked if the backstep had i-frames. Funnily enough, eventually you do get i-frames on double/high jump.

>considering getting this on switch
Don't, it's awful and locked at 30fps

Nigger you start Aria with like 3 million HP.

Riga and Schia are great. Although it's easier to level up Riga because you can farm rubies without trying in the library.

Is there a log of some kind where you can see previous dialogue from NPCs? I'm guessing not, but man it'd be handy.

I'm prety casual and only time I died was on one of the optional bosses, a hidden encounter (I was massively under leveled) and the final boss once. If anything the games way too easy, but I've not tried hard mode out yet.

I just found an 8-bit coin behind a breakable wall and can make a lot of shit with it apparently

What should I go for ?

Friendly reminder if you're not using the Rhava Velar you are certified basedboy.

I like the Ice Spear because it can petrify.
You can get extra coins by purchasing them from the shop.

I thought it got tougher once you got to the fire zone.

Just pick one you like, you probably won't be using it for long

Is it really recommended to buy discount card first or not and how much percent does it discount?

This game has a surprising amount of decent stuff to use. People should try stuff more often rather than go for the cookie cutter shit.

How the fuck do I get Alfred's Medal? The fucker has no startup on his ground shit, the weird 3D arena makes so you HAVE to be hugging him to hit him and if you're far not only you can't hit him, he keeps spamming elemental shit all over the arena.

These bosses are so badly designed jesus christ. Compare to CotM where the bosses had clear movesets and way to dodge, here is just over the top and almost expecting you to force through. The biggest example of this is the Speedboy: On CtoM, he would mark a trail on the screen and then sonic speed it, you just had to get out of the line. Here, on RotN, he can literally (not figuratively) cover the whole arena with his bounce lines.

I had tons of sapphires too because of Shovel Knights, also all three + silver is in every chest in Towers
Emerald is the most annoying since there's like 2 Thunder elementals in the whole game

To fight the Twin Dragons you need to crouch on that giant gear below the spikes, I hope this helps you out some

I decided to be a smooth-brain and wait for the Switch version in all its 30fps glory, so I’m playing SotN while I wait, Maria mode, all bosses run. Olrok’s a cunt & he keeps beating my ass hard.
Switch-dumdums, what Castlekino are you playing while you wait for tomorrow?

Attached: D1F0768F-33C3-4B88-A042-4CD53AB7DFDB.jpg (565x799, 87K)

I haven't got to fire zone yet, but the one headed dragon was too fucking easy so I am restarting on Hard

Didn't realise you could pose by holding up

Attached: posing.png (223x366, 183K)

No it's shit 10% on first purchase.

Pick whichever you like, extra coins are sold at the shop if you reconsider.

Contrary to what says, you can upgrade them later on with the other coins to keep the relevant

Lightsaber, its by far the strongest bit weapon.

It’s probably not though

Yeah, it'll be easy until it gets close to endgame, but once you hit those points you can't just sleep on enemies and expect to waltz through. Actually had to use some items by then.

>I love *teleports behind you * and wailing on enemies.
Buy the Kukri. Input:
>Down
>Down-Back
>Back
>Forward + Attack
Master it to enable it on all daggers.

>does PC support antialiasing of any kind?
Of course. You can even enable temporal antialiasing if you fiddle a bit with the files.
steamcommunity.com/app/692850/discussions/0/1638662230384924742/

Why would you give a hint to someone who says they don't want to use a guide? Do you have brain damage?

>take a train to some new area
>that church bitch somehow made it there before me

I did bought it because of how many Gold i needed to buy for some shards on top of swords\breastplates\boots\etc. plus lots of other shit

Wait, you don’t have to find the technique to actually use it???? Can you just input the command and it automatically gets registered???

Monitor support in this is quite terrible. I can't make it open on a specific monitor even if I make it primary. God knows why.

What you take from the library, must be returned to the library.

Attached: 20190623235624_1.jpg (2560x1440, 520K)

Yes.

>Slice sneaky Gremory with one of a kind katana to go to Hell
>Everyone is already there
>Return to shop
>Shopkeeper advices you to seek out Moon in the garden to progress
What the absolute fuck is up with this part of the game.

Attached: 0.jpg (700x526, 22K)

>Normal
Standard SotN/X of Sorrow difficulty.
Will only get very slightly harder closer to endgame, most likely will first try all bosses, maybe 2-3 tries if you're not paying attention on some later ones or if you're underleveled

>Hard
The intentional difficulty.
Proper amount of boss attacks, very Castlevania enemy placement, might need to farm on some parts if you're having difficulties

>Nightmare
The patrician way to play.
Need to master all boss attacks and become as one with your weapon and shard selection. Pretty much required to farm shards, especially passives, since you're locked at level 1.

Attached: 1560788464570.jpg (1152x1152, 297K)

>Not wearing his nose glasses yourself

Alfred is the worst boss in the game by far imo. The others all had tells or something up to that point either by actions or words. For him I just spammed the fire pillar and wind sword.

>they don't have the Wario mustache

Attached: 1560726460635.jpg (636x657, 42K)

Oh shit, i actually haven't notices moustaches.
OD has a peculiar collection of those it seems

The book opens up so Miriam can read it

How do you even fight him?

Poison works on him so it's useful to piss some acid on him here and there to make sure he suffers regardless while zipping around the goddamn room

The chair makes you regen hella mana.

But how did you avoid his attacks?

I just go penetrate with a spear and beast guardian desu. Invincible forward attack that killed OD in like 30 sec

Hard is pretty hard.

thanks bro

Attached: 1418568497203.jpg (184x184, 11K)

Don't return his books

How good is Curse of the Moon?

But I didn't, I still have 3

For me, a difficulty spike more or less happened with the Nippon area. The shortage of save rooms makes it more of a test of endurance.

Attached: 20190624043917_1.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

You need to take out the last book he gives, that works like 3 of some other books.
He mentions how this tome definitely needs to be returned

>Get double jump
>Head back to ship thinking I can finally get to that area with the tilting board and the unexplored room
>Centimeters off from landing no matter how well I jump
Thanks, I hate it.

Oh ok. Many thanks

Une, deux, trois

Press down + jump after a double jump.
I'll let you figure out the rest

The first boss is unironically the hardest in the game for casual play. Go slow, keep your distance, and use the gun you find in the ship.

Once you beat him, the rest of the game is going to seem easy.

This

Very, very good. Standard playthrough is a little easy.

Didn't want the hint, but okay.

That's the hardest way to get that chest

>tfw running around with Miriam equipped with the toy shoes

Attached: man-playing-video-games-while-his-girlfriend-is-getting-mad-at-him-X3KB39.jpg (1300x956, 124K)

Where does this faggot teleport to after the underground waterfall?

Run around bunny dive-kicking him is how I did it. If you can catch him running the wrong way, lightning legs ends him fast.

Most importantly, his poison flask does no damage, so if you heal it immediately, it doesn’t count against the medal.

I've only heard about how Zangetsu can either kill, ignore, or recruit the playable cast. What would be considered standard?

wher the fuck is the zangetsu patch

Chinkland

Standard is considered recruiting them
The slightly harder playthrough is killing, which is also the "coolest" one
The hardest is ignoring them.

He's in an area you won't be getting for some time.

Even then you STILL can't to get him until you have a certain shard with you

Constantly jump around like an idiot and equip the movement speed up book so I could out run the homing attack. Once you get the hang of it, he can only really hit you when he does the retarded slow field thing.

well, everyone needs a hobby, OD's hobbies are to read books, kill people who doesnt return them when he fucking pleases and collect goofy glasses.

Fucker got what he deserved, next time try asking for your book kindly before going to kill people who doesnt return it.

Benjamin teleports from the waterfall to the Asian area. However, he's inaccessible until you obtain a certain shard from the semi-final boss. Think he gives a pretty good accessory though.

You can't do three fucking hadoukens?

Divekick off a nigga

hollow knight is a way worse game though

hollow knight is a metroidvania so obsessed with its shallow and tedious combat system that it fails at being a fun metroidvania

it also looks like a flash game

because genuinely the HK fanbase is like the souls fanbase in that it's the absolute most fucking cancerous and they have to go everywhere and claim its's the best thing ever

Apparently you can use that otherwise mostly useless poison item during her fight.

But I can't play dress up with my slut and her slutty fairy friend in HK. The only thing there is a slutty BDSM bug who wants to tie me up with her needle and thread. Though that's pretty good too.

I can't do quarter circles, no.

>do you have $40 burning a hole in your pocket
Not him, but for an adult with a job, $40 is nothing. I make that in less than an hour of work.

It's not about my incompetence (which is way up there to be fair) it's the fact that you also need to time it perfectly with the ship's tilt

Well then wait until you can craft a high jump and do it that way, or get the optimizer later on. I don't know, man. Kick an enemy or some shit.

wait, Benjamin goes to the waterfall? this is after the first time on the Entrance, right?

cuz im sure i been to that waterfall and never seen the guy.

He's behind a breakable wall, near the chair that jumps around.

>people go on about a "la mulana fag" in the HK threads (only beat HK once and never really discussed it)
>get sad because I like that game as well as this one
Maybe it's only a boogeyman or a falseflagger.

Attached: 7 outta 10 its okay.png (526x169, 148K)

What's the patrician weapon type in this game?

Nigga it ain't that hard. I did it without a double jump right at the start of the game. I see people here complaining about how easy the game is, come on.

Teps Salreda or whatever that lightning storm is called, Jesus Christ that thing is disgusting at r9g9

It's Entrance > Waterfall > Nippon. Break some walls for the second one.

Great Swords because techniques are for pussys. Just mash the attack button.

Is there something you can actually do in celestes room?

When the fuck do I get a backdash ?

Playing on hard for the first time is a fun killer, everything kills me in 4 hits, healing items might as well not exist and Miriam has a stick up her ass

Oracle Blade

if it is he's exceptionally autistic even for this place

This is a reminder that you should take care of your Dullaheads, because they are the textbook definition of Good boys and will always protect you.

Do you mean the pirate hat chest, or the staff + plunderer's ring one?
The pirate hat is easy yes (as long as you're good with quarter circles, which I am not), the other chest isn't with just the boots, but doable

>Not using the GS charge to pretend you're playing MH

Mostly vanity and map percentage.

Press the left bumper on your controller.

Feel regret for not having another cool boss

No

>sit in a chair with Dullahead out

Attached: 1457870581376.png (407x743, 188K)

But the GS running charge is the funnest technique

How do I get more to spawn? I only have 2 but I saw some people with like 5

What can you do with it in the middle of a fight?

4chinks is an asylum for mentally stunted and ill that can't fit into any proper discussion forum due to massive spergout fits
Every game popular enough to have more then 1 thread quickly sliding into archive per month has it's own dedicated schizos going up in flames every time someone mentions the game anywhere. Bloodstained will be loathed here withing a month or two

grind shards, at Grade 9 you get the 5 heads automatically.

I wish the combat was more like DMCV, I've never liked the streetfighter tech inputs in these games, I wish I could opt to turn em into simpler inputs.

Best area to farm them?

Nice to see some of the changes in hard, Bone Mortes and Bats in the ship, and three bones with better aim instead of one making Bone Mortes harder to dodge. A great thing is it is much more necessary to use shards against enemies instead of saving that energy up.

I wish the B button was actually used in combat.

Nightmare+ difficulty when?

Attached: Bloodstained_ Ritual of the Night_20190624172240.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

Attached: hk_vs_bloodstained.png (750x230, 98K)

twin dragon towers, like 2 rooms before the boss, just be patient, maybe in 1 hour or so should be enough to get the shards, assuming you have enough luck and items.

>Gebel's glasses
>Skull Necklace
>150 INT
>Void Ray/Tis Rozain

Attached: 1552602605019.jpg (390x398, 135K)

also, its recommendable that if you are gonna commit to use them, to have them active already, so they level up while you grind, that does help a lot.

Close distance, deal damage

Why do daggers suck so much? Shit damage and range when compared to other weapons and the dagger throwing is nothing impressive considering shards give you a lot more ranged attack options.

The assassin skill is the only somewhat useful skill to get enemies while outside of their range but it's more of a meme tech anyway.

Is the fairy the only familiar that points breakable walls? If so I'll probably keep using her. Showed me a few already that I would have missed.

Is there anything you can acquire on NG+ that you can't on a normal game?

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Don't rays have annoying 1 second invulnerability phase after damage tick?
There's probably something much more spammable

BTFO

Nah, there's a peeping eye kinda ability that does that too (and it's passive, so you can permanently have that ability by maxing it out)

Attached: FF88FC63-186F-4B55-89EA-982C718BC30C.jpg (1200x1200, 346K)

3 shortcuts and 4 silver knight shards
detective eye yellow shard that falls from eyes in waterways allows you to see them
also you can just have MYSELF AND MY SHADOW out and it will break any breakable walls in your direct vicinity

They're fast
Rapiers, Swords, Boots, Dagggers and Maces are all fine i think
Spears and Whips are trash though, slow as shit and annoying hitboxes not corresponding with entire weapon model\animation makes them inferior

Shit. I intended to do a completionist run on hard by starting fresh. Oh well.

>to pretend you're playing MH
But I'm not gay

Yes but the main drawback of rays is how little damage per tick they do and how fast they drain your MP. With that setup you just shoot once and deal shittons of damage, or if you need to clear a room just do a circle with the right stick

Both games are great, in fact I will be replaying HK after I 100% Bloodstained.

Attached: wuv.png (392x257, 135K)

>Rapier's thousand blossoms technique deals less damage on crits than normal attacks do

Attached: really makes ya think.jpg (475x318, 20K)

What's a good place to farm for Welcome Company? Also, what even drops Tis Rozain?

>install
What happened?

This
I haven't dabbled much in the HK DLC, will be cool

Man I fucking love video games right now.

Attached: 1488846401270.png (250x273, 25K)

I feel like I'm cheating NG+ing into hard mode but on the other hand I don't want to farm my shards again, aaaa

That room in Twin Dragon tower with 3 Poltergeists.

>What's a good place to farm for Welcome Company
Twin dragons tower has a corridor with 3 poltergeists in a row

yes

I'm on my wageslave computer.

>Tis Rozain
Succubus(?) in Sand area

There's a portrait straight out of teleport room in Twin Towers
>Tis Rozain
You craft it from Tis Raiff, which is from the BDSM incubus dude in the Hidden Desert

She drops the bullet version
You need to craft the directional one

Katanas are good too since they have a great tech set that has an answer for almost every situation. Parries in particular are disgusting once you get the timing down.

New game Nightmare wasn’t hard enough?

>whole map is in markers
nigger clean that shit up

How does the sword familiar bug work so you can have both the familiar and the weapon equipped at the same time?

So I'm playing on normal since the other two were locked (I probably would have anyway) but after I found some meme sword on the way up to the tower it's just a fucking joke. I just spam attack and sometimes complement with the arrow shotty if stuff doesn't die in two hits (mana is plentiful outside bosses anyway). I guess the damage of the meme boomerang sword will fall off eventually but damn.

Me a-think you're a faggot.

Shortcut

>literal who pasta nigger site

>I guess the damage of the meme boomerang sword will fall off eventually
You then upgrade it and it's ready to rape the remainder of the castle

Where do you guys get the money to upgrade yellow shards? Shit's expensive as shit. Having to buy all these weapons.

FOR GODS SAKE HELP ME

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR DAYS FOR THE LAST FUCKING ROOM

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019-06-22_13-36-48.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

>Welcome Company
Twin Dragon tower, just run in a straight line from the teleport room, pass the elevator to a room with three painting. Ignore the shield room because it's too much of a hassle
>Tis Rozain
Desert area, the angel slut drop shard, go back to Johannes and use that shard to craft a new shard

Could someone suggest where I should head toward? Every direction I can't go seems roped off by some upgrade (i.e., high jump, that laser thing(?), whatever lets you get through smaller areas, swim, etc.). I have double jump and that's about fucking it, no idea how I've managed to get myself stuck. Been running around for a while.

Attached: wew.jpg (1920x1080, 621K)

>meme equipments
What are their names?
Craft them.

Early in the ks campaign, they said say Miriam would have different outfits, even run a poll.
I know bunny one is a shard, is there any other? Pure Miriam?

Gaming mag since 1988.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Games_Machine_(Italy)

>See Succubus looking demon flying
>Prepare to kill her
>She buffs me and sends me on my way

Huh. Now I kinda don't want to kill her for the shard. This is the kind of shit that makes me emotionally invested in games for some autistic reason.

I farmed the Ninja's like hell in the Oriental lab. Crimsonites+Rags+Dojigiris+Shinobi Garbs
Return to sell shit, buy Gold, upgrade all money\drop related shards like Alchemic bounty\Money is Power\Luck, back to slaughter
Also check to sell some shit from your inventory, you might have some expensive stuff in huge quantities you won't need

You should have Silver Bromide with you, if you cleared the double-headed dragon.
Silver Bromide is used to take a pic, which can be used to make a train pass.
Take the train, and, eventually, you will get zip-through-and-reflect-on-surfaces ability.

photo

>familiar attacks her
>she becomes hostile

I'm a Metroidvanialet, only played Ori and Touhou Luna Nights. I loved them but died a lot on both. How does the difficulty with Bloodstained compare to these two? Is it worth getting?

>Get Alchemic Bounty from cow monster.
>Disenchant a needed weapon
>Craft the weapon again
>4 other copies pop out
>Disenchant again
>Craft again
You need to farm painting for the Alkahest though

>famous and storied pasta nigger site

Is this my friend pedro?

do you want a direct spoiler, or just a hint?

Oh this is when I get jumpscared huh how do I avoid that?

Valkirie armor is "Pure Miriam", and you can also get a shovel knight armor (also gives you a new moveset).

Valkyrie armor changes outfit a bit, don't know anything else

The only actual outfit change is the Valkyrie Mail (aka "Pure Miriam"). Bunny-suit is a shard and Shovel Knight is gag-armor.

If you cleared Ori, this should be relatively easy, but depends slightly on RNG-sus of item drops.
I would wait until ~$20 to 30 though, unless you like this kind of games.
Jumpscared? What do you mean? I didn't get jumpscared, until I did almost with bloodless

Give it to me, hard and fast.

No you don't.

>Valkirie armor is "Pure Miriam",

The design is 10 times better than default since it's symetrical. God damn why didn't they go with this?!

It's optional

I can kill Gebel but I get a game over from it, where do I go now? Feels like I'm missing some ability to progress

Apparently there is a monster that shows up if you fall asleep on the train and he proceeds to fuck your shit apart

Daggers are fast but you have to get really close to use them.
Spears and Whips still have their uses, Spears have good reach and whips can hit ground enemies like rats easier, although whips lose relevance after the early parts of the game.

>Feels like I'm missing some ability to progress
Well, maybe you should explore more then?

>Symphony: Actually good plot
>Aria: Actually good plot
>Bloodstained: Something utterly forgettable and gives you zero investment in any of the cast

Attached: 1560819004966.png (565x600, 217K)

top right room from the middle big room in the lab after train
there's a second room hidden behind it

Oh, I didn't notice the Valkyrie armor was the pure design. Neat.
I'm pretty sure the swimsuit also won, but I guess there won't be one.

So is the bug game just a shitty bug game that Yea Forums likes?

I'm at the train with my identification and it is still saying I need something to pass through. Any ideas?

Really? Can you fall asleep on the train? I zip it through because I was on a timer. Came back for treasure, but I skipped the ride on that one.

Thank you user!

There may be a book on the subject

Could be a bug, or have an event with Dominique and Zangetsu.
First time I board the train, I was with Zangetsu.

>dracula is a japanese teenager
>good plot

You need to take it to OD so he can make a pass with it. Explore, nigga

go talk to O.D.
the photo alone isn't enough

Identification or just photo?

Best place to farm the material needed to dismantle?

>Castlevanias
>plot
>character investment
I mean, i just strongly disagree. Let's leave it at that

I guess you have to concede something when half the cast is knockoff versions of other characters, but christ there's literally as much dialogue per conversation as there is in the ENTIRETY of Aria.

>Welcome Company
>not "Summon Basedboys"

*spanish teengager

Attached: 463217-soma_cruz_wallpaper_by_jukaluxurious_super.jpg (600x450, 42K)

Anywhere with paintings. Off the top of my head there's an area to the right next to a green room that has six in a straight line along with a shield armor, and some blue chests along the way.

Did that user ever get that saber into the game?

Attached: awesome_imp_sword.jpg (677x439, 20K)

>Everything you know about Castlevania is turned on its head as Dracula is dead and gone for good. Now Soma gets sucked into a portal and transported there with his Shrine maiden girlfriend. What si going on? Who are these people? Through the quest, you meet a lovable cast of characters who have friendly banter and discussions, and they come alive.
>Players feel a touch of sadness at the end of Dawn as you'll never see these characters again

No outfit with ZR like that could be considered pure

>teengager

Attached: 1541586769714.jpg (1000x750, 67K)

*american exchange student

Generally speaking: PC players should definitely get a controller, if they can afford one. Not necessarily for this game, but lots of games (ports in particular) are incomparably better with a controller.

*Spanish exchange student teengager

At least kickstarter works well sometimes.

>i want to ride this VIP demon train here's my photo. See? This is me let me in
Almost cute level of dumb

Maybe in Aria. In Dawn, they were mostly flanderized into one-note jokes.

Castlevania Wikia states that in the Japanese version, Soma is 100% Japanese. Only in the NA version is he referred to as an exchange student. Likely because they realized how retarded that:

1. A Japanese guy has white hair named "Soma Cruz".
2. That Dracula is reincarnated as a Japanese kid and not someone from Europe.

I personally always took it as Soma being Romanian. That's my personal canon.

>leveling bounty
>switches to gold
Guess I gotta... actually play the game, huh?

Is that just a shadow or a glimpse of areola. Really looks like it when in motion.

Attached: 20190624170815_1.jpg (3840x2160, 949K)

>he doesn't gag teens

Anyone have the original of the Bloodstained artwork?

does this shard get other attacks beside Lightining Legs?

What are some broken weapons early in the game, and where do I farm them?

>Touhou

Check out Pharoah Rebirth. You can get the free version here but it's in Japanese:

info.nicovideo.jp/gamemaga/pharaoh/

That's not where areolas are but it's a game by and for virgins so probably.

Knife throw
Should probably get a whip along the way since Lili uses it too but idk, haven't used it much and dropped upon Accelerator

My dick says it's an areola and my dick is never wrong.

You also get a throwing dagger (red shard button).

They're basically complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Hollow Knight is an incredibly limited and simplistic scope executed flawlessly, and Bloodstained shoots for the moon but can't go one boss fights without a major, severe bug.

I actually thought IGA generally did a good job with his scripts and characterization in most of the games he worked.(mainly SotN, AoS and OoE)
Even though plot is hardly the focus on these sort games I had some degree of investment in what was going on.

That is the one thing I am disappointed on with Bloodstained. The rest of the game went about as I expected from the Kickstarter.(solid gameplay, forgettable art direction)

The arrow directional shard is OP as fuck.

Attached: dan1vwe-9602a2ed-a5a6-4a6a-8180-0f09b4f1ca7e.jpg (707x1000, 841K)

>Romanian
Mathias had a swedish name and was based on a hungarian king, so it's highly unlikely he was romanian, like the historical Dracula.

I love SotN but there are literally like seven ten conversations in the whole game, almost every one lasts less than 30 seconds and most of them are just Maria expositing at you for a second then running away.

In this game you have shifting allegiances, active backstabbing rather than just being fooled by an unseen force, foreshadowing and constant bits of dialog and character building with NPCs and the like.

>(mainly SotN, AoS and OoE)

Keep in mind he co-wrote Symphony so he's only 50% responsible for the plot. And he didn't write OoE at all. Which might be why OoE feels so fresh. He might have run out of ideas after Portrait.

Shield Weapon basically hard counters a few bosses cause it nets you guard frames against physical, so bosses that only/mainly use physical attacks can barely scratch you as long as you spam it occaisonal attacks may scrape through though, that said fighting "normally" is better since it is faster by magnitudes so it is more of a crutch if you have trouble beating a boss at all, 8-bit version is enough though.

They are all fun gimmick weapons to goof with but honestly i think they are all outmatches by the Rhavas in raw power, you just can't compere with the DPS speed and QoL of INSTANT ATTACKS.

I loved that story honestly, I know Voltaic Chain didn't make it in unless you count Teps Oceus, but did Winestained? i didn't notice anything like it.

You can tap the thing for a hit, then pause for that down-time meaning you have a high-damage ranged attack every second or so for almost no mp cost. The thing is truly stupid good, great for farming stuff too due to the low cost and instant hit. Smaller things die instantly, for bigger things I've been using the Va Schia for big dick damage and area dominance for the low low cost of 40mp which is easy to G9 and somewhat easy to get relevant rank on as well.

I appreciate you.

I know he did writing for some Tokimeki and SotN so I just assumed he also on worked on the others. Didn't really check to be honest.

Is the cow monster just that one spawn in the gardens? Getting that to grade 9 is going to take hours.

What's the best source of Emeralds? I'm in the inferno area and pretty sure I'm about to get the Invert ability.

I tried farming the Thunder Elementals in the library but the drop rate seems low and there isn't a great room for it that I could find. I wanna upgrade Teps Oceus.

Cons:
>Amarcord which often results in the most vulgar plagiarism.
>Hitbox to be reviewed completely.
>Polygonal models and horrible animations.
>Many small bugs.

"Vulgar plagurism" sounds spot on.

How can you use the flying kick more than 3 times in a single flight?

Most of the games he's prodcuer for he also wrote, but suprisingly not Ecclessia. That, combined with the new artist, gave it a real fresh feel.

Iga tends to write anime tier plots.

You have to sit like 3 minutes in the chair, he is pretty but dumb as shit and can't jump, run left and until tou reach a safe spin and then blast with ranges magic and have your Familiar deal with him, useless rewards though Cure Res Up and Platinum., only worth doing for the 100% completions.

>accidentally ran into the OD fight after clearing up the rest of the map and visiting OD to check if I could FINALLY hold three books instead of just two, taking the book of conquest and going to the last boss

Wasn't fucking ready for that. Fuckin' DIO impersonating motherfucker.

>And he didn't write OoE at all.

Seriously? I really liked OoEs plot. Uncomplicated yet heartfelt. Who wrote it?

How do you guys do your 100% completion runs? I was thinking of starting new game plus and autistically remove all of my belongings except for the necessary stuff for that to happen.

Iga does all the interviews, so typically he gets all the focus. There's untranslated interviews from Konami game guides that have all the devs though.

These guys wrote it. no clue who they are:

>Kei Shigema
>Tomohiro Takeda
>Katuyuki Kuriyama
>Takayoshi Kakehashi

Chaos mode is coming

Farming blue chests in the towers probably.
I did it in some room in mecha library with Tamako performing on a buer chariot with elemental on top of her, but i had Accelerator+Oracle Blade and around 90 luck, 2 plunderer rings, and all luck\drop shards maxed and it was still annoying

The only thing hard is Miriam from looking in that bath. *eyebrow wags*

No it's so fucking tediously easy that the games deep and interesting character progression is utterly wasted and worthless.

>Chaos mode

Did they say how it ups the difficulty?

I can only reach Carpenter and Zangetsu 2 and both are kicking my ass right now.

Reminder that everyone praised the first E3 2016 Demo they release, but it's obvious that the ship was ALL that Inti Creates had done up to them. There was literally nothing else past the demo itself. The final game would have taken them until 2020 at least to finish.

Nightmare mode brah.

>t. hasn't even completed his Normal run, much less a Nightmare one

>Iga does all the interviews, so typically he gets all the focus.

Yeah but he's not a Kojima and hogs credit all to himself, he doesn't shy away of crediting people by name or saying that he only directed SotN midway in development after the original bailed out.

That being said, I think I onl read 1 OoE interview and I don't remember anything about it besides IGA saying the gameplay loop was the first thing he came up with.

Buy and Disassemble a Emerald Ring or abuse Maxed Alchemic Bounty.

Always prioritize Equipment/Food/Consumables over shard upgrades when they are "competing" over something you have a limited amount of since you can buy what you crafted once and you can disassemble what you buy for more mats, latter though you don't need to buy anything but Alkahest cause you will craft 5x like half if the time, so you can just disassembly extra copies. then you just do money grinding instead of item grinding because you need like fucking 30 Alkahest to split up a high-tier item and thhey cost like 700 something with the discount.

Is it hard to find a lot of the secret stuff/weapons if you're a brainlet?

Attached: GUEST_c58aff39-9071-4f1b-a270-5d00f41a0db4 - Copy.jpg (488x488, 35K)

KINO

G-Game Over though?

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019_06_24_19_31_38_582.png (1680x1050, 2.28M)

how do I get to the top of the dian cecht cathedral?

explore the castle more

Yeah, I need to work on maxing Alchemic Bounty. From what I understand, it stacks with the Skill once you've unlocked it right?

I think I still need to progress more to get some end game mats. The only Passive I've max Ranked yet is Detective Eye. Everything else seems to need material from enemies in the last areas.

Maybe. It just depends on how willing you are to hit any wall that seems suspicious. But it's not too hard besides a few too well hidden places

What the FUCK am I missing christ this 99.80% has taunted me for hours

Attached: ree.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Here's a hint

Attached: cutting the moon.webm (640x480, 2.48M)