Nintendo.. HIRE THIS MAN!

Nintendo.. HIRE THIS MAN!

Attached: nintendo-hire-this-man.jpg (1479x1920, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0q59xHfDQxI
youtu.be/C1Y_d_Lhp60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>literally an empty field of nothing

WOOOOOOWWWWWW HIRE DIS MAN

seems like nintendo's style so they might actually hire this guy

OMG

this but maybe unironically, it doesn't look like the usual clashing art styles with stock assets.

This actually does look good though, not like all that unity zelda garbage I see posted all the time.

>b-but empty field
Well, its most likely a single person making these images and is only showing off his idea for what he wants to see in the next pokemon game. Also, based on the events occuring in both images, the openness probably benefits the gameplay in both occurrences (that is, dodging Gyrados's attack, chasing down the rapidashes).

why would nintendo make a pokemon game like this when everyone will just buy the same shit repackaged over and over?

KANTOOOOOOOO

They should unironically hire this man. I'm not even fucking joking.

I thought that pic was actual gameplay. Sheer disappointment when I found it wasn't true.

Attached: 56.jpg (1378x1564, 318K)

>wow this actually looks great, perfect art style...

Yeah, if you like terrible plastic materials on everything. How easily taken-in people are by outlines and bloom. Jesus Christ. It looks just as bad as any other HIRE THIS MAN showcase thing. Not to mention, there's no gameplay here. It's just a posed scene in a big, open area with some basic background assets alongside a bunch of ripped models with quick-and-dirty shit shaders thrown on.

Being an actual graphics artist and reading comments like this make me realize how thankless and pretty much worthless my job is. You can throw literally anything together with the most minimal amount of effort necessary and the general fanbase will think it looks perfect. All you have to do is make the overall concept some simple nostalgic idea for the peabrains to latch onto, like BELOVED MARIO/ZELDA GAME BUT IN !!HD!! or POKEMON BUT !!!OPEN-WORLD!!!

Cohesive art style, tuned lighting, quality models, fluid animations, none of that matters. As long as you have [beloved 90s childhood character] existing in a bloom-filled Unreal Engine field with lots of motion blur, it's instantly better than everything Nintendo has shat out in the past ten years!!!

Attached: plasticred.png (145x328, 95K)

wew
how much is game freak paying you?

Any of this shit in movement or is it just stills?

are you seriously defending gamefreak? jesus fucking christ

I'm amazed at how much braindead retards look at pics like these and think "WOW THIS WOULD BE A GOOD GAME HUH"

t. Game Freak's graphics artist

NINTENDO
FIRE
THIS
MAN

Attached: 939227178222b53177084ca592132d93.jpg (750x805, 82K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=0q59xHfDQxI
it'd be a cool game

youtu.be/C1Y_d_Lhp60

You have a point, but
>Cohesive art style, tuned lighting, quality models, fluid animations
are not the things Pokemon Shield is showing. At all.

Wow this would be a good game
Huh

>mfw don't even think it looks that bad
has it even come out yet?

Attached: 1560135936370.jpg (550x734, 44K)

July 12th, people are upset that ash and most of the humans look terrible and its animated really poor, to the point that people are saying it might be the worst Pokemon movie.
It was a given anyway since its a remake of a movie that has no reason to be remade.

Attached: D31kVssU0AAS5k7.jpg (1086x1200, 195K)

This is correct. Pokémon games are the definition of working to rule. If they made an amazing game that would become the new standard. They know people will buy shit so they make the games with minimal effort to pump them out faster. There is no incentive to make a truly great Pokémon game.

what the fuck is with brock and his faggy pose

Wow that's bad. I wonder why they even greenlit this.

>Kantomon only.
Hmmm... Nah.

Right, because criticizing this shit has anything to do with praising Game Freak. I didn't even mention them. It's always the extremes with you people.

Not like you care, but if you want my actual opinion on their work, I think Sword and Shield are a step back from Let's Go.

Say what you will about the graphical specs, but Let's Go had a really great art style, and their in-game shaders had a lot more moving parts than people realize. I've pulled apart those assets, and there are so many lighting maps for every character in that game.

SwSh, on the other hand, steps back to a much simpler style, one that's basically just a slight evolution of the 3DS style. They brought back outlines and two-toned shading (except softened a bit) and threw some simple rim lighting on there. Not to mention the obvious really terrible world textures we've spotted. It likely has a lot to do with the bigger scope of SwSh, but it's a shame nonetheless. A lot about SwSh feels very rushed.

Attached: 1561101828124.jpg (950x720, 168K)

He is a fag in this rebooted Pokemon

Is this jump force?

Attached: gon.png (1086x624, 726K)

t. furfag

I heard Jump Force looked bad, but holy fuck. Do you have any more examples?

>Yeah, if you like terrible plastic materials on everything.
so like every 3d pokemon game then?

Yeah, furfags love Arcanine, there's a reason it's so popular.

>Let's Go had a really great art style
lol no, it was shit
3D Pokemon peaked in Battle Revolution

Imagine how fucking pissed they must be that the only Pokemon thing to come out this year to get any positive hype is Detective Pikachu.
The Anime is at an all time low with Ash entering the league with 5 Pokemon, only one is evolved fully, and they're having a battle royal to start it.
The Japanese movie is a piss poor remake of a movie that is still good.
The game is showing signs of the lazy devs with the same models and outdated engine from 2013 forced to run at 900p 30fps on Switch without all the content of the last games

Attached: D7KiSXAW0AArB0Z.jpg (837x470, 39K)

As shit as this is, it's still better than what we'll be getting in ShSw

>3D Pokemon peaked in Battle Revolution
Your nostalgia is showing. Battle Revolution UNIRONICALLY used ported N64 models, very simple shadows, and tried to cover it up with extreme rim lighting and simple bloom. You're literally the reason these HIRE THIS MAN demos are praised.

Battle Revolution looked good for a Wii game, and even then it paled in comparison to stuff like Super Mario Galaxy. We've come a long way since then, and it aged very poorly when you look back at it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Nintendo does not make the Pokémon games, they only publish them. It's the same situation as with Bayonetta.

>Yeah, if you like terrible plastic materials on everything
You're acting like material shaders are difficult, if he were to spend a few hours learning Unreal he could make these scenes look about 10 times better. It really just goes to show how pathetic GameFreak is when they're outdone by an amateur.

Attached: 1537368403640.jpg (1200x655, 126K)

>people still think Jump Force looks like shit

Where were you when everyone was being ok and cheering during all the campaign marketing before the game's release? And don't tell me "i thought it was an alpha state that was gonna look different at launch" because you know it's never the case, so either you're delusional, retarded or both.

Attached: 1556748298272.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

Nigg, what? Everyone has always been saying it looks like shit, only the most shit-eating, devoid of standards people thought the presentation looked acceptable
And the gameplay doesn't hold up either given how it fails to pull numbers even close to Xenoverse 2

I'd rather have PBR models with great animations than the soulless shit we have now

Attached: 1560695974264.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

So then why didn't he? You can't just say "yeah well this COULD look good so GF btfo!!!" and think that saying that actually makes it good. You can have this argument once one of these amateurs actually does put the effort into making something like this look good. Until then, it's still shit.

To be fair I’m personally convinced that genuine idiots are far more likely to comment on social media than more normal individuals, so the worthless opinions you encounter are not necessarily representative of the true fanbase who likely don’t waste their time on these shitheap websites. A shame corps take shit like twitter so seriously.

I said it looked like a shitty Unreal Engine fan project but no one said anything and kept hyping it up.

Extremely accurate user, people here are bunch of brainlets

Why does someone making Nintendo fan-things trigger Yea Forumseddit so much? Is it because Nintendo doesn’t approve?

cope

I'm saying that it ALREADY looks better than GF's latest game you dimwit. As to why he he didn't, how the fuck would I know? I am no mind reader, I'm just saying it's incredibly simple and no one needs a graphics artist to implement decent material shaders when it's been made so easy that even entry level programmers can achieve AAA results with minimal efforts.

>ss is a step back from lgpe
While I agree that lgpe is what pokemon in hd should look like. Don‘t misjudge ss because of an open world area. The towns look fucking good.

Attached: 1561124516557.jpg (560x500, 95K)

At least Detective Pikachu was good.

LOL is this what the anime looks like now

>tfw the guys who worked on that movie were 100% more ambitious than GF and were shut down when it came to bigger ideas
>they had to fight to claim the movie is canon

Attached: D71mpwUU8AANjq6.jpg (2048x934, 284K)

That's true. This kind of thing doesn't truly get to me, but it's still annoying to see. Though why else would I be on Yea Forums if not to indulge in garbage posts? It's why we're all here, really.

>it ALREADY looks better than GF's latest game
It really doesn't. You have genuine plebeian taste if you actually think that. I don't think SwSh looks that great, but this ain't better.

I did think some of the interior shots I saw looked really good. I don't remember seeing any exterior shots of town areas, but you're right that it's probably an issue of open-world areas vs. smaller-scale areas.

I was mostly just talking about the character shading, though, which definitely is a lot more simple than Let's Go. I suspect it's probably because of the larger amount of creatures they're working with. Let's Go reused all of its Pokémon models, but all of them were re-textured with a whole bunch of detail and light maps for the custom shader they were using. They probably didn't have it in their rushed schedule to give everything in SwSh the same treatment, so they chose a simpler style based on the 3DS games since that can just be blanketed across all characters.

They really did have to fight to make that movie good. The very fact that TPC didn't want them to use "weird" Pokémon like Mr. Mime just goes to show how sterilized and lowest-common-denominator every spinoff work in the series has become. I hope they let a second movie happen (not necessarily a sequel, just another Pokémon movie from the same guys) and I hope they allow it more freedom. Detective Pikachu was a big step in the right direction.

Keep seeing pics of this guy. Who is he?

A lot of shit could have gone wrong since they wanted to put rules down that the anime had which they hated, they weren't allowed to make Pokemon come off as evil, they didn't want them making direct references to characters from the games or show, no jokes about mechanics from games or things like Missingno. and Mew under the truck, fights can't look too rough, and no dirty jokes.
They actually almost had to cut fucking Lickitung because the scene of him licking Tim was seen as a sexual joke in Japan.

Attached: D84sMs1UIAAC7u9.jpg (1199x520, 187K)

Jesus christ. That's just sad.
Who's to blame for Pokémons sterilisation though? TPC or Gamefreak?
They need to fire alot of the choice makers in TPC

> they didn't want them making direct references to characters from the games or show, no jokes about mechanics from games or things like Missingno. and Mew under the truck
I actually agree with these. Any of that would've been dumb pandering that would've broken the immersion of something that really feels like it's part of the real Pokémon world. The scene with Pikachu singing the anime theme out of nowhere is already super cringe, and I'm glad there wasn't more of that.

Both, TPCi got so bad their own writers turned on them near the end of XY with them tweeting out how mad they were that Ash wasn't allowed to win a League, and that the kiss was a last second thing done by the staff to piss off TPCi, they also were the reason SM was so close to Yokai Watch in tone and gimmicks since they started to freak out about it way too late leading to SM being a literally "comedy" show to the point that Ash has 1 fully evolved Pokemon and 4 other shitmon for the league, despite the fact that globally Rotom dex is disliked to the point that it actually negatively effected the popularity of the Pokemon itself they still push that shit.
Game Freak is just lazy with them publicly saying they don't want to make Pokemon and would rather do something else pawning off Sword and Shield to a B team while the main team is making that flop Town.

Attached: D84gLZKVUAAnqOE.jpg (1200x526, 112K)

I'm really concerned about Pokemon for the rest of the year and beyond. Yeah there's the whole 'people will still buy it argument' but the other side to that is will it meet TPC's expectations? Like if Sword n Shield somehow became the worst selling Pokemon game and this Mewtwo remake the worst grossing movie they've done, would that actually prompt TPC to work with Game Freak, Nintendo and whoever else to make sure this doesn't happen again going forward, or would they try to save face and claim nothing's wrong when clearly there is.

Reminds me of all the mandates SEGA had been putting in place for the Sonic comic. I understand being protective of your billion dollar franchise, but don't smother it. The fact Legendary was able to negotiate and convince TPC to back off a little bit is astounding.

Considering how the whole Ditto shapeshifting into another person for shady buisnesses is based on creepypastas or worse, a Dorkly skit, i would rather had game references.

>ported N64 models
HNNNNNNNNNNG

Attached: hereisyourgamebro.webm (852x480, 2.74M)

man the worst part about the SwSh battle animations? they couldnt even do a "physical" and "emission"(elements, shots etc.) stock animation for the pokemon. they literally sit there and some skill effect plays out. that shit is getting old already.

Someone who made the mistake of genuinely being excited for something. We can't have that around these parts now, can we?

Arigatou, Doccu-sama.

There are generic physical and special animations, but not every attack uses them

If you don't think this is what Pokémon should look like you probably have autism
>imb4 KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>inb4 open world = shit because reasons

Attached: 1561170862850.jpg (1280x4320, 545K)

I agree with your sentiment (assuming this isn't just bait) but that guy was clearly just hamming it up for clicks. That's his whole schtick, like many reaction Youtubers.

>empty field of nothing
Are you blind or?

That guy like most people who film themselves for youtube is overreacting for views. Funnily enough Yea Forums fell for it even more than the average youtube user.

Go to the swordshield pokemon site and look through it. It‘s maybe not groundbreaking but for me it looks pretty great. This purple filter is a bit ugly though

Attached: 5347A139-72E8-40D1-B2DF-1C1E0F780E8D.jpg (1094x615, 77K)

bump

Attached: 1552842315093.jpg (1280x720, 623K)

>tfw I'll have to wait till another console generation to play a new pokemon again
here's hoping that nintendo moves from cardboard to styrofoam, in the least

At least the new movie.

They don't give a fuck under all that Go money.