Tell me, Yea Forums...

Tell me, Yea Forums, does a "rumble" feature for controllers/games really add ANYTHING positive and/or meaningful to the experience? Has there ever been a single moment in your entire life where rumble has actually impacted your level of enjoyment or immersion in a game?

Attached: rumblepak.jpg (259x194, 7K)

good indicator for being hit when you have the game on mute

Yeah as user said or just taking damage in general, explosions, finding a secret like in OoT
Sure it wasn't mind blowing even when it came out but it still helps with the experience

Yes

ask sony

I actually play better with rumble off.

I hate it. The only game where I didn't turn it off was Ace Combat 7.

It's called vibration retard

Ehh, it's nice to have. Sometimes can have gameplay applications, but it's most useful as haptic feedback to confirm actions or alert you to getting hit.
HD rumble on switch is kinda neat but nothing gamechanging

rumble is fine if it's tied to a gameplay mechanic, but given it can be turned off or be unsupported by the controller people are using, it's ultimately rarely tied to anything important.

Having the controller go apeshit whenever something happen on screen just kinda suck.

are you an NPC

Adds tactile feedback to many actions and can feel great when done well. If done poorly, you just don't notice it. You can disable rumble anyway so who gives a shit?

I remember renting Star Fox 64 and it came with a rumble pack, first time I ever used one, and I thought it was pretty cool how I could feel getting hit and stuff. I think it’s just taken for granted now but I do recall putting the controller on a chair just to see the rumble pack work and thinking it was neat initially. I think it helped star fox was a piloting game as there was a flight simulator element going on there, so that tiny bit of extra immersion like I was really flying a space ship was cool as a kid.

You tell me

Attached: SKR.png (1200x801, 2.06M)

NO!
Hit the brakes!!!

It keeps my ADHD goldfish attention span on the game instead of drifting off into meaningless thoughts.

>old games on PS2 that didn't let you turn rumble off
>it rumble so hard and so often that you literally dropped the controller until it settled down because of how annoying it was

Psycho Mantis mgs1

disagree

my 8 year old ass went gaga when I got star fox 64 that included the rumble pack

shit was cash

I can't think of a time it was particularly useful but that part in Star Allies was great.

Only for some racing games where you have to change gears manually. Higher engine revs coinciding with increased rumble allows you to shift based on feel. Also easier to regain control of cars when you break traction with it on imo.

Pokemon pinball, it was worth it.

It's especially good when it lets you know you're walking on something or there's something around you.

>be teenager playing CoD
>place controller on benis while firing the gun
shit was so cash

>games used to have rumble directors

99% of the cases it's annoying rather than immersive, Xenoblade 2 has some really aggravating rumble in places especially in water where it tries to emulate the PLOP effect but it's bad.

this guy gets it.

Attached: 1358662339473.jpg (800x600, 68K)

Yes, it's great in racing games when it emulates the surface of the road like cobblestones etc

Clever use of rumble can have pretty interesting outcomes.
Specifically, some games that use the switch HD rumble have done some interesting things. HD rumble as they call it allows for some ridiculous precision with the tactile feedback aspects of rumble, meaning you can use rumble to feel for thresholds (Like the singing mechanic in Fe, or monster roars in MHGU) or use it to play music (kirby) and it's surprisingly welcome on handhelds due to the fact you might not always have audio for certain cues.

all i remember is one time i was playing a Fifa game at a friends house on his 360, and i hit the ball on the pole of the net and it rumbled, and it felt fucking awesome

I like it for recoil effects in FPS, even if you're always better off turning it off for multi-player.

It helps my sister jerk off.

Attached: fbb9246b882840e9cb8df31756629978ffc94471835449770d15155489f516e0.jpg (1130x1200, 350K)

>not using it yourself
shame dick gets so damn sore when using vibrations, but handsfree is handy

Attached: .jpg (854x480, 159K)

Traditional rumble? Garbage.
Haptic feedback with HD vibrations and clicks? Great.

Star Allies has been the only good use of rumble since Starfox 64

It's nice for brawlers and mech/tank or similar big projectile shooty games

They'd just put up a rumble controller up their ass.

>Ancient temple rises up from the ground
>Controller vibrates as the earth shakes in game
That shit's cool

remember to recycle your old broken controllers

Attached: 1231403778710.jpg (320x1280, 581K)

In psychonauts, you have to use a psychic dowsing rod to locate some items underground.
The rumble response really helps locate the items. There is a visual cue, but the ruble is much better.

Increased feedback is literally the cause driving games development forward.

Why do you think VR setups filling whole rooms thing?

Attached: 2005.jpg (200x200, 15K)

Jesus how many people have electrocuted their dicks doing this?

It's insignificant power, but If in doubt, just use batteries. Two AAA batteries is enough to power one at full force, and there is 0 danger from those even if hooked directly to your dick.

Based

The tactile feedback really does make a difference.
When Star Fox 64 came out, it made the game fell that much more visceral.

HD rumble is really good on the switch, too bad Capcom are fucking faggots who rushed out the Resi4 port

This. I was very impressed by how well Hollow Knight used HD rumble.