2/3 of the map is fucking nothing

>2/3 of the map is fucking nothing
>no reason to go outside the city
>highway leads to nowhere
>train has no stations
>planes are useless

What were they thinking?

Attached: 1554377418014.png (1473x1670, 1.49M)

BIGGER IS BETTER is what they were thinking

poor bait zoom zoom

Also hate the restaurants are there but you can't go in. Doesn't really add much but it always bugged me

and its still the better map than Vˋs

Being able to get fat in the older game was fun.

Attached: SA.png (1536x1536, 1.44M)

that's not even the real map
low effort bait

Who here followed the urban myths and legends threads on neoseeker?

Attached: bigfoot.jpg (701x526, 61K)

In a way, the 'map' isn't that good. But eh, nothing is perfect?;)

>20 years later
>still the undefeated best open world map

Attached: 1554368189493.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I used to follow the bigfoot threads on gamefaqs

soul

For the inteligent thinking man gamers like me, we prefer maps that are nothing but grey concrete surrounded by water.

Attached: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover[1].jpg (256x320, 47K)

That is V's map but remade using map from SA's assets you dumb namefag

Who found CJ's ghost mom?

It was fun to explore....just my opinion and it felt REALLY big at the time.

only straight men can enjoy this shit and spend hundreds of hours driving around shooting people in an empty generic lifeless american shithole

You say that like it's a bad thing, seething tranny.

have gay sex

I just now realized how similar LS layout is in V to SA

I have never understood the appeal of the games, the above post is not meant to bait. Tell me, what am I missing out on?

why do i know this map by heart

If you don't see the appeal of a sandbox world where you can cause mayhem in whatever way you can imagine then these games are not for you.

>cause mayhem in whatever way you can imagine
you can...
>shoot and drive on npc's
>run from the police
not that interesting after an hour. dead rising has way more mayhem and fun to it.

Despite it being smaller, the world of SA feels so much bigger than V does. V's map is horribly designed, it's impossible to get lost in so you always have a very clear idea of where you are on it, this ruined the country side of V, just felt like a fucking detour, not like an actual place on the map.

Some people are so indecisive and timid that they need handholding and things set out before them, even in entertainment.

the train(s) being nothing more than scenery really irks me for some reason

I like the idea of that mod that adds the other rockstar maps to san andreas, I just feel like it could be done a lot better.

Why the fuck would you make a fake map to prove some stupid fucking point?

No it fucking isn't u dumb bitch

There are far better games for that than GTA.

How to fix the map:

>more hospitals outside the city so you don't always respawn at the one at the base of Mt Chiliad
>just more hospitals and respawn locations in general
>remove taxis but add in more fast travel locations like bus stops, airports, and train stations
>remove fall damage from bikes so you don't constantly die in the mountains
>add some sort of climbing mechanic for steep inclines
>hide more helicopters and decent vehicles around the entire map
>hide more guns and useful collectibles around the map, incentivising exploration
>have the restaurants dispense food so you can heal while on the move
>allow the player to buy vehicles from show rooms and garages instead of solely online
>more safehouses/storage garages so you don't have to always go to one location to get that cool vehicle you own
>make hunting animals more dynamic so you don't have to activate it then go out. Have animals just drop pick-ups or something
>patch in the horse racing and rideable horses so you can traverse rough terrain easier

It sort of is

Attached: file.png (2048x2048, 3.97M)

>Dead rising
No, try harder

more like
>Some people are so braindead they pay 60$ to run around an empty space shooting shit and actually enjoy it like the retards they are

Paleto is fucking pointless

?
that game is a violent sandbox game done right

They were too lazy to create a big city

Why the fuck didn't they add Las Venturas in GTA V?

Soul
Soulless

>467770982
You need to be less obvious with your bait.

it's a "what V should've been like" map

Well then it's worse than what we actually got.

Also;
>hide really cool vehicles/weapons behind bases like Fort Zancudo

I had a lot of fun figuring out how to get in and out with a jet before being swamped. Wish there was more opportunity for that. Like, have a junkyard being patrolled by Ballas with a cool vintage car hidden in it somewhere.

Fuck, I just wish they'd add some fucking single player DLC already.

>I had a lot of fun figuring out how to get in and out with a jet before being swamped.
Literally the only fun thing to do when you're in "fucking around" mode

Because the story actually took you around the map and had you in each region for several missions instead of a few scattered ones that take you on a quick trip through them.

GTA V in general was just messy and in a lot of ways abandoned what made the previous two games good in favour of.. fucked if I know, three playable characters of which only one actually feels like the protagonist? Gimmicky mission where you operate a crane or drive a tow truck? A weird side activity of going to a therapist? Nothing about it feels like they thought it through to the end.

why in my head is it much bigger than how it looks here

man, the woods and rural areas in SA were creepy as shit

Are you criticizing San Andreas or GTA V?

Why didn't they just crack the game open and see that there was no big foot model

nah, San Andreas's Los Santos was badly designed, so was half of San Fierro and Las Venturas.
GTA V has its issues, but I think it has the best map Rockstar created yet. I can easily navigate through the city without needing map markers.

driving through it feels so substantial. they did a good job making the roads twisty enough to give it the illusion of length, plus adding a lot of small stores and gas stations gives the world a surprising amount of atmosphere

GTA V did all of those things too, y'know, and the NPCs actually had a brain and didn't clog the highway with stupid crashes.

remove taxis? being able to hop in a taxi and see the outside was one of the coolest features introduced in IV

I need liberty city in my life. I really hope the rumours are true.

Attached: tbogt.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Goddamn. It's hard to fathom how small the whole map actually is when I've always believed it to be otherwise.

you're out of this world retarded lil zoom zoom.

what? GTA5 is basically just a long straight road around the map, like an oval

being able to enter small buildings and shops is really important. SA doesnt have a TON but just being able to enter some fast food shop or store when you come across it on the highway added a lot to the game.

The thing I missed the most from San Andreas was how you could buy houses everywhere in each town, to save in etc. In this game, you just had one house in the city and that was it.

that's how it pretty much always seems to be; zoom out far enough and it seems like tiny shit.

Attached: 2c95406d852b655b9342e3de2a9286bc.jpg (1920x1080, 586K)

not an argument, infantile manchild.
Not really. There is a long oval highway around the map, sure, but not only do they make traveling more convenient via land-vehicles, there are smaller roads and exits that lead you to different parts of the map.
Like, did you even play the game?

Atleast minecraft is pretty much infinite

i feel like modern rockstar cares too much about things feeling detailed even if its pointless. i would rather be able to buy less detailed houses and apartments across the map, then be able to interact with a bunch of stuff in one house.

that's World of Warcraft, user.

New Yorker here, Personally I think the IV map is the best although It might be bias, but I really do wish they went through with the idea of a Liberty State. One thing I love is the way New York actually looks when you venture out into bumfuck nowhere, the simple burgerkino of it all. Having the majority of the map just be cities kinda sucks.

...did you even play SA? The general feeling when driving around is that the road is far less one straight road than V.

god IV and V are fucking shit

>unironically proclaiming GTA IV is shit
literal babby tier

Attached: med_1471912777_image.jpg (640x480, 60K)

Every Rockstar game post-San Andreas has been a cinematic autism simulator.

The only purpose those houses had were to be savepoints, and now, we no longer need it since you can just save on your phone. I say good riddance, a few unique houses is better than three dozen houses with clone interiors.

>more hospitals outside the city so you don't always respawn at the one at the base of Mt Chilliad
If RDR2 is any indication, the next GTA might have you spawn near where you died.
>remove fall damage from bikes so you don't constantly die in the mountains
yeah, that's just bad, wasn't a thing in GTA IV either.
>hide more guns and useful collectibles around the map, incentivising exploration
They already have loads of guns hidden well in GTA V, they're just hidden extremely well, especially the explosives and high-tier weaponry.
>have the restaurants dispense food so you can heal while on the move
don't know why Rockstar scrapped that and replaced it with convenience stores that sell candy which you auto-consume but can't store like you can in Online, the taco vans were supposed to function like traveling resturaunts too.
>allow the player to buy vehicles from show rooms and garages instead of solely online
Agree with this one as well, but I want there to be a single garage that has a lot of storage, not multiple small ones scattered around the map. GTA Online made that clear that it's a pain in the ass.
>make hunting animals more dynamic so you don't have to activate it then go out. Have animals just drop pick-ups or something... patch in the horse racing and rideable horses so you can traverse rough terrain easier
Agreed.

The rest of your post is bad, though.

Yeah, but it's not as special as anyone here thinks. The roads are artificially long, the "countryside" is lifeless, and they follow the same idea as GTA V with a long stretch of road that spans around the map.

>old game good new game bad
Whether you like them or not, they're still servicable games with followings, infantile manchild.

Attached: Nostalgia.jpg (536x536, 82K)

>GTA V except with even less features
No, being able to shoot a gun out of a cop's hand doesn't make it better.
It was a boring, grey mess.

>nintendo audience berating nu-R*
I see why these games aren't to your mario-party style tastes in video games, but why always be so vocal about it?
Honestly you're to Yea Forums what trannies are to twitter

Attached: looksupcleese.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

Because they are soulless.

It had features and activities that are absent in San Andreas and GTA V, so no.
>It was a boring...
Not at all. The physics were fun, and so was the story and activities.
>... grey...
they did put a filter on it for some reason, but the city itself isn't a grey mess because it becomes colorful in TBoGT when they finally removed the filter.
>... mess.
For how ambitious and revolutionary it was, it's surprisingly low on the bugs, glitches, and spaghetti codes. That honor goes to GTAO, though.

>For how ambitious and revolutionary it was
In what sense?
It was just GTA 3 with better graphics and physics.

t. GTA III/Mass Effect 1 nigger

you are mentally challenged I presume?

>Paleto Bay
>Not in any way shape or form a bay

You're not very creative.

>It was just GTA 3 with better graphics and physics.
Anyone this confident in their ignorance isn't worth anyone else's time.
Formulate a better post, please.

Attached: m'tip.png (430x229, 282K)

Easy fix would have been to create a larger settlement in the north end of the map.

Then do mention what new and revolutionary shit it did.

>can’t buy a home on the comfy shoreline properties
Seems like a missed opportunity

Agreed, comrade. I would appreciate if Rockstar Games included more brutalist architecture in the future.

Attached: bruneluniversity.jpg (638x634, 53K)

t. Spike Lee

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

The body of water north of Paleto isn't a sea, but rather a river in the lore. It was explained in the Paleto Bank Heist, the one with the demolition suits and minigun.
The land up north was supposed to extend out beyond the town and shaped like the west coast, leading up to San Fierro, hence making it a bay.

I don't have to. Anyone who played the game knows that it's not literally the same game as GTA III with just better graphics and physics, so give me a better post or play the game.

>larger settlement

It's called Las Venturas. From there, extend the map westward and add San Fierro. Then it will feel big.

There's a biker bar you can buy.

The next GTA probably will be set in San Fierro and Las Venturas, now that I think about it. They likely already have half the assets for those cities cut from GTA V.

Only did that for SotC. It was a better time though.

not that other user

> no car customization
> no planes
> no parachuting
> city only map
> no military or military vehicles/aircraft
> no underwater exploration

Had a lot of fun on GTA IV, multiplayer included. But it lacked many things. If we're talking gameplay and fun, V still wins.

So true, brother. No matter where you are you can always see the lights of civilisation and that just took away the feeling of being lost and isolated. That and that there was no destination to go to that warranted travelling through the more rural areas.

No it doesn't. The gameplay in V is worse. Replay IV and you'll not get bored, because the gun play and driving have a level of nuance to them that keeps you entertained. Replay V and you will quit at the mission where you do dock work for half an hour, everytime. This is in part due to how awful that mission is, but also because the shooting and driving in V are so bare bones. It's so easy to drive at max speed from point A to B without crashing once in GTA V. The gun play is just bodyshots on everyone until they die. You will never once bother going for a headshot or need to shoot someone's foot to make them fall out of cover in V. They had to make a tons of sacrifices to the physics in V because it was a game on the same hardware with better graphics.

>GTA IV
>shoot ped in the foot
>he falls over, stands back up and hobbles away to safety

>GTA V
>shoot ped in the foot
>he instantly dies

Your post doesn't address or complement that user's post, but sure, I'll reply.

>no car customization
Which is a letdown, sure, but Rockstar didn't deliver with proper car customization until GTA V came out, but ironically, most of the good cars that had tons of custom options are Online exclusive.
>no planes
That's not a bad thing. The focus of GTA IV was to create a living and breathing concrete jungle, not be a cross-country roadtrip like San Andreas.
>no parachuting
Reintroduced with TBoGT, but yeah, it's weird they didn't bother adding it in the base game or TLAD.
>city only map
Again, not a bad thing. Each game has a different focus, so while the map is a city-only map, it made exploring it fun.
>no military or military vehicles/aircraft
The main focus of GTA is literally in the title, the inclusion of military stuff got deemed unimportant because Rockstar read the law for once and realized that the US Army can't just barge into cities. They added NOOSE and the FIB for the higher wanted levels.
> no underwater exploration
c'mon, don't act like anyone missed that from San Andreas, there was NOTHING to explore there.
Only GTA V has an actual sea worth exploring.
>no underwater exploration

That being said. Vs story is garbage, the game is a little too bright and colorful, car customization has become crazy and cringe in Online, Online is garbage overall and probably worse than IVs in the long run, I still prefer more serious stories rather than 4th wall breaking characters like Trevor and yes IV does have more little details that make it more realistic.

I like both games, it's just that V feels more GTA despite having all these flaws and being a little zoom zoom.

0/10 This is a bait thread

where did he say anything about nintendo lol what the fuck?

Pretty sure it's a pre-release attempt at putting together a map for V using trailers and promos.

>What were they thinking?
Seamless load times.

wanting a 2004 tier game in 2019 clearly leaves you wanting nintendo games

V sucked, infantile manchild.

>If RDR2 is any indication, the next GTA might have you spawn near where you died.
But Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't any indication, It's a separate franchise with that spawn type existing in RDR.

you're delusional

why did SA feel so much bigger than consequent GTAs?

Attached: GTA-1.jpg (480x318, 91K)

The first 30 minutes of this game were better than its entirety. Should have been a comfy ghetto sim with Lamar and Franklin forming a stickup crew. Trevor was wank and Michael's moaning was incessant.

you can go in what are you talking about?

How was Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro badly designed?

Because good map design, duh.

Being a sequel to Vice City helped as well.

1970s crime thriller themed gta game when?

Oh my! Get ready the nu R* cucks will seethe so hard seeing this! Not only will they call you mean names they'll eternally pretend GTA4/5 were good and that San Andreas is outdated!
Burn 4/5 fags.

Attached: 1556550479204.jpg (236x250, 7K)

Its pretty obvious the top half of the map was just stuck on last second because you only get 2 or 3 mission there, the roads are undrivable without flying off and crashing and theres zero usable buildings.

Even multiplayer has no reason to be on the top half of the map. Unless you enjoy being nuked by faggots with super missiles/orbital spam.

Are there any mods or resources that facilitate editing the map for this game?

This gives me a boner.