Why do people consider MGSV repetitive?

Why do people consider MGSV repetitive?
When I think about other games like: ETS2, ARPGs in general, RTS, even FPS, all of them are intrinsically repetitive.

>ETS2
drive cargo from point a to b with some variations
>ARPGs
grind to get good loot and get stronger so you could grind more
>RTS
gather and manage resources to build buildings and units to use against your opponent/s
>FPS
shoot bad guys from point A to B

I don't get it, how did MGSV come off as repetitive when even the earlier games did the same thing too:
avoid/attack enemies as you go from point A to B and advance the plot.

Was there something TPP had that made the game loop more obvious?
storyfags not allowed

Attached: 623105142_preview_mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

kys shit game

Idk, retard call of duty players I guess who have fuck all creativity / imagination so they approached objectives in the same fucking way every time even though they were given a sandbox of different things to play with. But if they play cod or virtually anything else that revolves around shooting guns, then they've played and liked games that were far more repetitive than MGSV.

Probably had something to do with the shitty egg timer mechanics for resources.

Because you spend most of the second half of the game literally repeating missions. No context, just go and do this thing you already did and then we'll let you continue the game.

Because they compare it to previous games that had more unique and fun stuff.
I want a side op to take Quiet on a date and fuck her in the cardboard box like with Paz in PW. Is that too much to ask?
The correct way to play Act 2 is to go through the couple irrelevant new missions so you can get you hate one off with faggot Huey and get Quiet's ending.
Then you can play the repeat missions only if you want to experiment with the gameplay.

Because they tranqed their way through the entire game, which is the most boring way to play any MGS.

*get your hateboner off

>the correct way to play
lmao

The objectives and level design are pretty samey because of how the game repeats its ideas. If you were to condense MGSV to its unique, meatier missions it wouldn't be a terribly long game. This in itself isn't a bad thing: if you look at Metal Gear 2 or Metal Gear Solid 2 or Chaos Theory, they aren't very long games either. But it makes the padding and bloat in MGSV stand out that much more, and even the meatier missions can be rather thin when you know what you're doing. The fact the game doesn't have the same sense of linear momentum makes the repetition stand out more too.

MGSV's design is predicated on the idea that the player himself will provide variety from mission to mission. That's true to a point, but I think they overestimated that effect.

DON'T USE ANY OF THE COOL GUN OR GADGETS YOU GET, KILLING PEOPLE IS CASUAL AS FUCK

Did you had to write something for school lately, or..?

Ghosting missions with nothing but a lethal gun is the fun way to play. If you get spotted you don't have any easy mode tranq gun to rely on but you can still use a lethal weapon to prevent an alert without killing if you're not shit at the game.

because faggots stick to the same lame tranq sniper rifle tactics for the whole game

I consider MGS V a shit MGS game.

>Kill the enemies
>"I ghosted it guys!"
Ghost doesn't mean that you just didn't raise an alert you absolute fucking moron. Holy shit how are you so fucking bad at this? If you killed someone then you didn't ghost shit.

I wish the game had a difficulty mode that forces you to play the game without any gadgets. Just you and your gun in enemy territory.

what he meant is that he tries to ghost, but if he fails he goes loud, smartass

Once you get to Africa, the game falls down pretty quickly.

The problem is that it's pretty repetitive in that most of the areas stay the same, with a prisoner or target moved.

Like yeah, it's great that in mission 10, angel on broken wings, that it's "rescue more prisoners" but shit like "extract the armored vehicle" is fucking pointless.

Africa is a problem because a lot of it is linear in how the maps are or else just wide open areas without much cover so you're playing "sniper" or else playing "hi Quiet, you shooty, I waity".

Infinite Heaven lets you do that. And actually makes it fun if you mod it to have enemies with 50% etra hearing and vision

>you can still use a lethal weapon to prevent an alert without killing
>WITHOUT KILLING
I know what ghosting is, I'm saying that even if you fuck up and continue anyway you can still prevent alerts and play non-lethally with a lethal gun, just don't shoot people in the fucking face. Tranq guns are for the people who only play these games for the awful stories.

>games are repetitive when I simplify them as much as I possible can
ALL games are repetitive. All you do is press buttons to make stuff happen.