Attached: cuck.png (150x237, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Weapon_Proficiency
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Strength
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White male

>khalid
>white

because rpgs are more fun when you're not worrying about minmaxing fucking everything all the time.

but 15 is almost completely useless

Cos he was a tank
17 con 16 dex.

its AD&D, unless is super high it doesnt matter

In D&D you have gauntlets of ogre power and girdle of giant strength.

Because he is a cuck

Attached: KhalidAndJaheira.png (889x543, 65K)

He was supposed to be a fighter/mage.

because 15 is a perfectly fine roll from the days when character creation was "roll the dice, whatever you get your'e stuck with theres no re-dos or getting x stats to allocate as you please"
it's +2, and +3 if you get any stat ups
i'm a min maxer but i gotta say, fuck your min maxing and not being able to min max within boundaries and what the rolls give you

Wasn't this guy mainly an archer

No... always tank.

desu I forgot that this game is a computer game trying to ape a tabletop experience. never RP'd, so I guess I approached it from the wrong angle

then i take back my fuck you and we're a-ok fren
it's not about rp though. i mean it can be for some people, i'm not the kind of person into that though i like d&d to just fuck around and have fun and combat. for me it's about just making the best out of the situation you've got, cause honestly it generally doesn't matter if you've got max in all stats or low rolls in all stats, it doesn't make the game any more fun. for games it makes it less fun when you steamroll stuff cause there's no dm there to actively adapt encounters to match your strength

Attached: download.jpg (300x214, 34K)

You could make him an archer. In fact, he can be the best archer in the game because he can reach grandmastery in bows.

So you can fuck his wife.

He was a Fighter which could reach 4stars in long swords (in BG1).
After that his low Str doesn't matter much.

Attached: J.jpg (1272x891, 596K)

How did a pussy like Khalid get a woman like Jaheira? I guess she wasn't really satisfied by him because she jumps on your cock pretty quickly in BG2.

>pussy like Khalid
it is a meme from those who doesn't played BG.
Instead of becoming jew merchant, he devoted himself as a skilled swordsman.

>it is a meme from those who doesn't played BG.
No, it's not. His morale failure breaking point is the highest of any NPC.

Elven women can't resist the virile musk of human smegma.

>morale failure
I'd call it a common sense.
If you are brainlet who blindly rush against an Ogre...
Well you have Minsc for that.

But they're both half-elves.

Yeah, except he shits his pants all the time and against everything. Fuck Khalid. Minsc, Ajantis, Jaheira, and Kagain are all better front liner fighters than him.

Khalid didn't deserve his fate

Is the other half human?

Dying or getting cucked post-mortem by the kid he was supposed to be watching over?

Both

Xzar didn't either

>Fuck Khalid. Minsc, Ajantis, Jaheira, and Kagain are all better front liner fighters than him.
Minsc is a fucking Ranger who is forced to wear plate armor.
Ajantis is a Paladin (no comments here).
Kagain is cool, but he is Evil
Jaheirs is a Fighter/Druid (Not a pure Fighter)
And Chad Khalid is the ONLY bro pure Fighter who can 4xLong Swords

Attached: baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear.jpg (1548x1000, 153K)

Doesn't he appear in ToB to tell you he's cool with you banging Jaheira?

It was one final humiliation from the writers

>Minsc is a fucking Ranger who is forced to wear plate armor.
So? He's got better stats.
>Ajantis is a Paladin (no comments here).
Again, so? He's mechanically superior.
>Kagain is cool, but he is Evil
And?
>Jaheirs is a Fighter/Druid (Not a pure Fighter)
And she's better for it. She's only one level behind Khalid but she's got a whole array of usesful spells.
>And Chad Khalid is the ONLY bro pure Fighter who can 4xLong Swords
Who cares? High mastery only gives a few points of damage and THAC0 over specilization. (True) Grandmastery is the shit but without it it's not worth it.

Let me re-phrase myself. Fuck Khalid. Minsc, Ajantis, Jaheira, and Kagain are all better front line warriors than him.

That's not real Khalid

Lmao at you fucking nerds talking about dungeons and dragons hahahahaha

Based Gaider and the others putting the stuttering coward in his place in the cuck shed.

Have you ever played BG?
High mastery is Life.
While Minsc with his 18/00 Str will be missing his swings, Khalid will hit any enemy 3 times in a row with insane damage.

xzars death is actually fucked,it feels kinda disrespectful i guess but he is an evil psycho.. i just wish you could use him all through tob

>Have you ever played BG?
Replaying it for the 1 billionth time right now.
>High mastery is Life.
It's nice. It's just not as good as you make it out to be.
>While Minsc with his 18/00 Str
Minsc has 18/92 STR. Not that it matters. It's still better than Khalid's. Also, Minsc has his Berserker rage.

actually imo 5 points is overrated in vanilla, i usually install the baldurdash true grandmastery patch to make it better

True. Grandmastery is nerfed badly in BG2. Thank God for mods.

>Mages start strong with spells like sleep and become insanely overpowered as the game goes
>Nooo broo if grandmastery gave the apr it supposed to the warriors would be op
>Nooo we can't have backstabs work end game, they would be OP
What were they thinking?

>true grandmastery patch
What does it change?
Never played with mods.

Restored Grandmastery to the PnP rules. In the vanilla version it gives you some extra attack and damage, while the True version gives that plus an extra attack per round.

iirc it gives an extra half attack a round, according to the proper adnd rules that bg2 changed for reasons.

Higher apr

i know but i love it all honestly, bg2 is such a beautifully insane game that shouldn't exist but does and it's glorious

What classes are you fellas gonna be in 3, implying you play.
I'm pretty set on sorcerer for my first one. Though if they have warlock that might tempt me to play that on a separate save at the same time

No, the PnP version gives you a FULL attack per round. Beamdog's version is still nerfed. Only Baldurdash got it right.

Fighter, of course.

idk shit about dnd5 but monk was great fun in nwn 3rd edition and ppl say it's ok for 5th. i like low gear dependence, high natural resists to poison disease etc, and the cool mega punch abilities

Monk is good in 5e, very nice damage early levels but then they start to fall off. BUT they can stun for daaaays

I don't know anything about 5e, just read a bit on it. I'll most likely play a sorcerer/warlock multi. And from what I read you can multikit in it too, even more choices though I don't really know how any of this shit works

It will be dnd5 rules?

Attached: 1518981362172.jpg (293x212, 19K)

I don't know. Need to see the companions first.

sounds good, playing bg2 again and the stun from celestial fury katana is funny op

It will be 5e but they're moreso using it as a guideline because pnp doesn't translate well into video games

bro you might be dumb if you think fighter/druid is a better frontliner than a pure fighter. jaheria can tank a bit, she isn't very powerful physically. khalid on the other hand can be. and grandmastery fixing i'm pretty sure is in one of the tweak/fix patches

I'll be tempted to see what companions will cover first but should really go in blind. Fighter/Cleric.

modified heavily for gameplay reasons, just like bg2 is heavily modified from adnd

I might go Bard again like BG1 and BG2, although considering it won't be 2e, I might end up chasing my mind

in 5e bards are very good full casters, super, actually

No way you can pick without knowing what they include, what prestige classes are in yadda yadda yadda. I might play my nwn2 battle cleric, might just fall back on the standard wizard

I can. I'm doing sorcerer.

>playing with good party
>having a retarded moralfag and his slut wife alive at any point

Attached: 1547806574989.gif (175x200, 856K)

why do you think pure druid is better? what do they get, more spell slots or something? just curious, never tried druid but i'm using jaheira in bg2 atm and he's awesome, -11ac in underdark, and she's not wearing drow armour yet

In BG1 multiclasses are only 1 level behind pure classes, so while Khalid is level 8, Jaheira will be a level 7 fighter and a level 8 druid. Those extra 8 levels of druid are a lot more useful than 1 level of fighter at that point.
>she isn't very powerful physically
Neither is Khalid. The only thing he has on her is 2 points of dex.
>and grandmastery fixing i'm pretty sure is in one of the tweak/fix patches
Khalid cannot achieve grandmastery in BG1 due to the level cap.

I pick up khalid just because that means another archer and I take jaheira in another room and she has an unfortunate accident
I would rather have had khalid in bg2 than her

For BG2 she is fine, he was talking about bg1

Same, but it's Khalid who gets taken out back while I fuck his wife.

>even wanting to touch her
utterly disgusting

>they don't include sorcerer
boom. what now? like i said, you cannot pick until you know what's going to even be in, or what the companions are to see what roles are over filled

she gets entangle in bg1 which is really nice

He means that pure Fighter is better.
Never liked pure druids in BG and as Fighter/Druid she have more versatility.

mod it in

fucking ANYONE but your "sister"

Attached: 1532243842896.png (932x720, 468K)

they are absolutely 100% no doubt going to include sorcerer in a dungeons and dragons game and I want you to screencap this so I can laugh at you.

i never said pure druid was better. druid in bg is legit garbage due to how the systems worked and limitations. i'm saying pure fighter is still better than fighter/druid in every way, besides for some entangles, weak healing and barkskin
if you want good druids you need to play like nwn2, and mod it so that shapeshift doesn't revert every zone or whatever, and get yourself a decent druid

>now wanting to bang a fit, blonde elven cougar

Fucking faggot zoomers.

If it's like BGs with 6 men party that won't be a problem imo

>blonde

i enjoy this line number 1. this is basically what you get as an evil playthrough, it's not very satisfying, it's just dumb but fun

Attached: 13223.png (1653x991, 2.16M)

Druids are definitely not as good as they are in PnP but a Fighter/Druid can be very useful. You've got iron skins, insect plagues, healing, summoning, etc.

What do you call this?

Attached: Jaheira_-_Shadows_of_Amn.png (210x330, 123K)

>If it's like BGs with 6 men party that won't be a problem imo
What? Role overfilling was definitely a problem in bg. It's a problem in every crpg, there are companions that are good at certain roles, and there are dogshit companions, leaving you to lean towards making a pc that fills the role of one of the dogshit ones or one that no companion covers. There is literally never a good companion for every role available

not blonde

Referring to bg1, her portrait is brown

aaysian mutt
she's UGLEH

Seek an optometrist.

The newer version the canon one.

t. homo

it's 18/93 you fucking smelly faggot ass retard dumb shit

Actually, honey, your game isn't canon. The book is, with jaheira having pure white skin and pitch black hair who is afraid of spiders.

>book
>canon

get a load of this total fucking retard.

i'm obviously joking, settle down

How? The only dogshit companion in BGs are Garrick and Cernd and I never leaned towards playing bard or druid in those games. And only role I can think of that no companion covered was pure thievery with Jan being multiclass which wasn't that much of an issue at all

Tempest Cleric

>The book

Please do not mention that abomination, not even in jest.

You have no idea what you're talking about, in 2nd edition 15 is nothing at all.
16 is a bit of damage and then after that it starts scaling higher the more you have with 18/XX being its own thing and 19 being a massive increase beyond that, then any further increases are well beyond the limits of normal characters.

When I played as a kid I didn’t want to dismiss Khalid because I didn’t want to make Jahira mad, so I had him go fight skeletons on his own until they killed him. She was sad and I felt guilty but I knew it was the right thing to do.

He's probably confusing it with dex and con, where 15 gives you the first benefits of a high stat. Str starts at 16 for some reason.

What? Have you looked at the stat lists of bg companions at all? There is very clearly in almost all scenarios one good one and the rest are comparatively trash friend. Quayle is absolute trash. You'll never take safana over any of the other thieves available cause some are better. Hence you're inclined to play a class that doesn't have a reasonably good npc available of it

no he's a fucking moron who has never played BG and thinks it runs on a different system

>The book

Attached: 1548282277261.png (520x632, 278K)

>never use safana
>built in charm person
no way she's great especially as thief replacement while you're dual classing imoen

Safana has her unique charm person ability
Quayle is the only cleric/mage in the game. Also being gnome she's an illusionist as multiclass, having one more spell slot

cute strong girl

This doesn't make up for their straight up worse stats allocations. 10 wis cleric? lul. Not in the same game obviously, but aerie shits all over quayle as the same class combination, without having garbage spell school specialization also.

Bioware has always been retarded and botched the rules of both BGs and NWN, but everyone gave them a pass.

Fighter/Druid is hilarious in BG2 though. They can wear Red Dragon Armor, get Ironskins, can self-heal, have Insect Plague, etc. They're basically immortal.

>and 19 being a massive increase beyond that
19 is literally +1 damage over 18/00, there's nothing massive about it. the difference between 15 and 16 is the same as the difference between 18/00 and 19 and nobody would call that "massive" by any means, it's a small increase. you're so full of shit

Attached: 1523736561611 (1).jpg (404x270, 32K)

>fighter with 15str dies
Sounds reasonable

why do people have such a hard time grasping the idea that the NPC stats were allocated with RPing in mind?

is this the autism?

Kensai/mage solo if you know what I mean.

Kensai/Mage is pretty much worse than Berserker/Mage though.

>5e warlock
What the actual fuck were they thinking? It's like they designed all other classes first, and then gave the final slot to "that kid" to do as he pleases. Absolute clusterfuck that doesn't fit anything else in the game.

No, it's not. Berserker just adds some immunities you can get from other places. The Kensage is stronger due to the Kensai's bonuses. If you want to dual-class a Berserker you dual him to a Cleric.

>5e
>What the actual fuck were they thinking?
fixed

Aerie is powerful as fuck in ToB. Easily one of the strongest companions in the game.

The thing is that you have to roll A LOT to get 18/00 and good CON and DEX. I mean, I do it because I have autism, but that's another matter.

Just roll 18/anything, you're getting a plot-powered +1 anyway.

Her dialogues change to reflect this too. In BG2 if you have Korgan with her he says something, she gets annoyed with him and asks you to remove him or she leaves. But if you don't trigger this banter in BG2, Korgan says the same thing in ToB, she actually challenges him and Korgan backs down
Nalia does this too, with BG2 her normal battle cries being stuff like I will try my best to changing to "You cannot match our power" in ToB. Details like this added so much to the game

But I played an elf in BG2.

Rolling for high 18/xx is a waste of time, you get the +1 str book halfway through BG1 anyways

Anyone else have Jaheira on sling?

I always have everyone on ranged other than 1 super high AC tank

I tend to be a ranger/halfelf.

I know, I still like to do it. But that's not really the point. The user I responded to was saying the difference between 18/00 and 19 is the same as between 15 and 16, which is true, but most people don't roll 18/00.

I completed Baldur's Gate for the first time as a Bard. Happy memories.

Yes, they go through actual character development. It's really nice. Viconia and Sarevok can shift their alignments too (with a little help from the MC).

based. I need this mod.

God the vanilla portraits are so fucking bad. Especially Jaheira and Aerie. Elves are supposed to be exotic beauties, not fucking deformed ayylmaos. I know the portrait artist couldn't actually draw back then and just had to photoshop pictures of celebrities and models but fuck, at least make it look okay.

This is the replacement I use.

Attached: CJAHEIL.png (210x330, 134K)

The best archer in the game is the guy with 20 fucking dex.

I prefer this one myself. And I know I'm going to get shit for this, but I prefer Viconia's SoD portrait to her SoA portrait.

Attached: NJAHEIRL.jpg (210x330, 39K)

Attached: 1504266781002.png (795x711, 12K)

Yes, Coran. Loved him and wish he was a companion in BG2. Funny enough he's canonically alive and even met Minsc again so he might be in BG3

Attached: Coran and Minsc.jpg (1280x823, 384K)

I smell mommy jaheira poster
he's hiding but he's there

No, because Khalid can achieve grandmastery if you remove the level cap.

That's worse though.

Attached: Forgotten Realms elves.jpg (400x264, 69K)

If it's staying true to 5th ed rules, I'll probably a Sorcerer/Paladin multiclass for smite spam. Otherwise Barbarian with some fighter dips.

So? Grandmemery does jack shit. 20 dex gives fuckhuge bonuses.

>but I prefer Viconia's SoD portrait to her SoA portrait.
Yup, same. I don't see why that's even controversial. The original is an airbrushed version of some russian whore with blue skin, with a floodlight pointed at her face. The new one actually looks like a drow and is drawn well, her features steeped in shadow, in a black cloak instead of that weirdly bright yellow one. Maybe her face is a bit too humanish but I can forgive that.

I use an edited version of it with gold trim as a reference to the BG2 golden cloak because I have autism.

Attached: igYtVuu.png (210x330, 124K)

Lmao fucking drow manlets. No wonder their women crave big human cocks.

Since its 5th Edition, your best gish class is 2Paladin/1HexbladeWarlock/Everything else in Sorcerer.

You hit, cast, and damage with CHA, smite with a billion spell slots, recover spell slots on a "short rest" that you can use for metamagic spell points, etc... While wearing full platemail, a shield, and cast Shield for more AC on the rare occasion you do get hit so you can say, no you don't hit me.

Nigger, what? Grandmastery gives you a FULL extra attack per round + THAC0 and damage bonuses.

But they don't. They rarely race-mix and if they do it's not with humans.

I don't think they'll have autism quite like that

Grandmaster gives 1/2 APR retard.

>Drow female grows up underground
>"Hah, lowly males, so weak, they only live to serve u-"
>goes above ground for approximately 5 minutes
>notices her first human male
>[Viconia] Contingency: Panty Flood
>I'VE NOTICED YOU STARING AT ME RIVVIN, PERHAPS I SHALL SHOW YOU TRUE PLEASURE, NOT THAT I WANT TO OR ANYTHING

Ah, a fellow man of taste. The original blue-skinned chick with a yellow rain coat looked ridiculous to me.

Well he's a half elf so half his heritage is useless.

Wrong. That's Beamdog's nerfed version. True Grandmastery gives a full APR over Specialization.

Fwark, so good. I never played ToB.

That has nothing with the character being human, but simply being the player character.

because 15 str is okay for a fighter. Especially in bg1 where most fights before the endgame/postgame are just left click > AFK. Not everything has to be minmaxed.

I read somewhere that he was originally supposed to be a fighter/wizard hybrid.

mommy isn the protagonist like 18-21 old and she 37?

You either make Khalid a tank or ranged DPS. Are you dumb?

It will be trash and I won't play it
Crpg in 2019, not even once, thank you very much.

You're 19 when the game starts and she's obviously older. Half-Elves live longer and age slower though.

Because Khalid is a cuck

Are there a portrait pack in this style?

No, I play the originals with true grandmaster rule from cdt tweaks, grandmaster doesn't give a full APR alone. But any pip beyond the first gives 1/2.

no

>tanking
He can't tank because he's constantly running away, he can also barely carry a weapon, shield, and full plate at the same time (his carry capacity is 120, just the full plate is 70).
>grandmastery
From STR and dots, Minsc gets +3 to hit and +6 to damage at level 1. With STR tome, an additional +1 to hit and +2 damage.
Khalid "catches up" to +3 and +5 when the game's over at level 8. An additional +1 damage with tome, useless. The half to full extra attack at grand mastery is only modded, and doesn't matter when he can't hit.
>bows
Can't use composite longbows, and Deadshot is wasted on him when Kivan and Coran exist.

He's an XP leech, you drop him in a house you'll never visit again so Jaheira doesn't complain.

I have Baldurs Gate on Steam but it's the shitty beamdog version.

I absolutely hate their graphical "tweaks".
What do you guys do -- anyway to remove their changes?

That's not true though. Viconia will only romance Humans, Half-Elves, and Half-Orcs. She won't touch a pure elf.

I love how there are always longs to complain about portraits then proceeding to pull out the worst trash from deviant art they use as a replacement
The vanilla portraits are fine, your oc gay shit isn't.

My face when your Druid/Fighter met with my Inquisitor :3

Attached: 14737564934001.png (303x566, 163K)

She's half elf so it doesn't really matter. She's probably around 40 but full blooded elves don't even leave adolescence until around 50. So in human years she's probably more like in her later 20s. While Imoen and the protagonist are "around 20".

You're wrong, buddy. I also play with the cdt tweaks, and grandmastery gives you a full APR.

>no mention of the True Chads Kivan, Coran and Yeslick

cucked and bluepilled

why can't he use composite longbows?

Yeah except that one is actually good. Most custom portaits are in fact trash but that one is pretty much the best in existence, except maybe some of the vanilla portraits.

Nobody PLAYING games here.
Only autistic MIN/MAXing.

And your Inquisitor's face when he meets a Fighter.

Attached: 1557831852138.jpg (753x855, 338K)

all the graphical tweaks (there aren't a lot) can be toggled in the graphics option in-game.

Low Strength.

It makes some sense though, drow despise other elves more than anything else. I think they hate duergar as well.

Just pirate the original. Black Isle is dead, Bioware is a shambling corpse, and Wizards are uberkikes, no one's losing money.
If you add the widescreen mod, congrats, you have the only desirable change from EE. There are several other mods that fix bugs and let you tweak lots of stuff.
Personally I played with Tutu which ports BG1's content into the BG2 engine so you get QoL upgrades from that game.

the real strat is to have him and jaheira fight to the death. whoever loses gets removed from the party while dead. the survivor does not complain, making that a canon choice.

Jaheira is a xp leech in BG1, Khalid is a good replacement archer, always keep him handy in no reload in case something happens to Kivan, Coran and Shar Teel. Or go 4 archers to hurry this shit and get to BG2 asap because fuck playing BG1 and killing slow mobs with arrows for hours.
Who gives a shit about comp bows when you have more than 2 archers anyway.

oh yes, I forgot you need strength 18 to use a composite longbow in baldur's gate.

Drow hate everything that isn't drow. With Viconia it makes sense that she only fucks physically larger races. She's into that. She hits on Sarevok in ToB and says his size intrigues her. She also talks about the PC's muscles if you romance her, so Viconia is into jacked dudes.

>not wanting to fuck Imoen
Seriously?

It's shit, looks like a mouthbreathing retarded tranny and out of place stylistically, as always.

Holy shit, I didn't knew about Aerie and Nalia.
And I played this game dozens of times (with the same party thou).
People say they have "that feel" after finishing Witcher series, but for me it is BG.

Attached: 14539458878620.jpg (517x604, 54K)

You could do that or you could just pirate the EE and save yourself 20 minutes of installing mods.

Good luck rolling 19 on your 4d6 (minus the lowest roll) .
You clearly haven't even played TT dnd if you think that was possible, let alone a common enough thing to base your shit around.
"builds" weren't so much a thing back then, it was usually more about playing what you rolled and playing it well.
Modifying your dice rolls was pretty much an invention for crpg, and when it was added to eye of the beholder etc back in the day, they did it so people could remake their favourite tabletop characters.
Minmaxing is mostly due to the limitations of crpgs (and their focus on combat with no free-form role playing)

The eye of the beholder devs said as much in an early interview in dragon mag, if I could find it I would but this is going back to like 1991 or something.

Nice manface

??? The guy I replied to is saying he has the EE and doesn't like it, how does pirating the EE fix that
Also BG mods are literally babby tier, drag and drop with no chance of messing up. If it takes 20 minutes to install widescreen you have actual brain damage.

You got this bigger mate?
I have Black and white, but I just need it as a portrait for other games.

>tfw no BG anime

Attached: 1557891659334.jpg (1280x1905, 973K)

>you could suffer shit fanfic storylines, trash out of place writing and a shitty looking UI for tablets to save 20 minutes
Kill yourself.

The BGT is a better experience, tried to play the EE but after finishing BG1 I tried using the original ones and now I'm doing Thorne of Ball with my lv 22 Figther with 22 STR having fun

I take whoever I like.
I don't pick my friends irl cos Martin is strong, and Tim is good at crosswords. Etc.

Heya!

Attached: 1521218172594.jpg (571x900, 609K)

My favorite was Kivan. And he wasn't even mentioned in BG II...

Attached: Kivan_KIVAN_Portrait_BG1.png (210x330, 110K)

It's an E*f.

yeah but of course this looks like a perfect normal being that is not on crack and is totally focused on a point in front of her, and not staring vacantly into the distance wishing for its own death. Its lips are not painted on, or perhaps made of plastic, like some twisted korean surgery victim.
It's okay user, don't be afraid. Just look into her eyes. It's she dreamy? Definitely a romance candidate. What a catch.

And she's so stylistically accurate too. Surely a practical druid like Jaheira, so accustomed to spartan living, spends hours every day applying purple eyeshadow and lip gloss. This totally isn't some obscure picture of a pornstar photoshopped to look more elven. Very in place, very stylistic. Bravo bioware

The BG2 """style""" for portraits is shit. There, I said it. If shit like this fits in, I don't want to fit in.

Attached: ayyy.jpg (1110x920, 136K)

He's saying you don't know what you're talking about because 2e isn't a linear +1 every even number. 15 is actually nothing at all, no bonuses to hit or damage. Only at 16 do you get +1 to damage, at 17 a +1 to hit.

Sadly, no. There's no color version. Somebody colorized it themselves.

They were actual tabletop characters initially iirc. Dice rolls ported over and all.
But autists online just can't comprehend that you could adventure without perfect stats, despite they themselves making the arduous journey to the fridge for more tendies with 7 int and 3 cha.

Cernd is great if you're not a complete retard, the only truly shit companions (as in, outclassed by another in every way) in BG2 are Minsc, Yoshimo and Valygar. And Rasaa and Hexxat, but fuck them and fuck Beamdog.

Why I must download a mod to have the best romance for a companion?

So basically just like the tabletop it was modeled after? Mages are better fighters than fighters while being able to fly, change shape, have all kinds of contingencies and control the battlefield

You don't have to do any of that, retard. The optional companions are SPOILER: optional. I don't use them either.

Yeah, but pretty much all mods made now are made with EE in mind.

Yep, it works better with the UI and the general graphic style of the game than your redesigned shit by retarded deviant art mongoloids, cry more.

If it continues the baal spawn thing then a fighter called Abel speccing in a bastard sword.

Because you're a degenerate.

>herf derf just do''t pick the new companions lmao
They' re still in the game, they still appear and talk to you about their retarded shit even if you don't pick them, it' s immersion breaking, artistically out of place and it bothers me and everyone with half a functioning brain, especially on a first fucking playthrough
All of that to avoid 20 minutes installing a 100+ hours game, congratulations, you are a fucking moron.

Was Aerie elf jailbait? She seemed young for an elf.

Fucking idiots Grandmastery APR bonus is MELEE ONLY. And we were talking about ranged.
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Weapon_Proficiency
Get fucked.

> they still appear and talk to you about their retarded shit even if you don't pick them

They don't actually. You have to interact with them first. But go ahead. Whine and complain about optional content. It's all you retards know how to do.

aren't elves considered not mature until they reach around 60 or 80 in dnd

>Yeah, but pretty much all mods made now are made with EE in mind.
That's an outright lie and I'm fucking sick and tired of shilling mongoloids parroting this shit, and only having a couple barely playable useless pieces of trash examples to show for it.
Modding for IE games is said and done and has been for years ; nobody but bored beamdog shills needs any of the retarded shitty mods that only work with the EE.
I'm pretty sure you're the one guy defending this shit throughout countless threads because you always have these two retarded tired arguments, this one and the 'just ignore NPCs lmao'.
kys

Ranged is for faggots anyway.

>Yoshimo. Bad.

He is the best thief you can get in the game....for as long as that lasts.

wow user you sure showed them! I'm wet now...!

Yeah, mate. You caught me. I'm shilling the game by suggesting you pirate it. You must be the school valedictorian.

>Khalid gets desperate when Jaheira dies
>Jaheira just start bitching when Khalid dies

He didn't deserve this fate.

the only companion that bothered me with presence was hexxat because everytime i did get into the pub she automatically started dialog

Nothing about this sort of trash "works better" with the UI, whatever that's even supposed to mean. Yeah, I admit it, when I use non-repulsive portraits it always screws up my usage of the menus!

Some of the vanilla portraits are good, don't get me wrong. Jon Irenicus's is the best by far but I'm pretty sure they just took an image of a 3D model for that. Edwin's is alright as well.
And you're right in assuming that most custom portaits are in fact deviantart trash, because they are. Somehow BG fans are even more blind than the original portrait artist, they create some serious photoshop abominations.
But the portrait I posted is not even in the same universe as that.

Come on though. When Black Vin Diesel is one of the more tolerable portraits you know they fucked up.

Attached: Valygar_Corthala_NVALYGA_Portrait_BG2.png (210x330, 124K)

>whoah, named NPC, better not talk to them lmao
Yeah, better 20 minutes modding the original
And you've either never played BG2 EE or you did it completely blind because ALL the beamdog donut OC retards come up to you in scripted events.

That's the "canon" MC that gets killed before the game and which sets stuff in motion. This is like 100 years later.

Yeah, but pure thieves are trash. Imoen can open every lock and disarm every trap even in ToB.

In elven culture. The lore regarding this can change, however it's often the case that they mature at roughly the same rate physically and mentally as humans and then stay young. But just in elven culture they are only considered actual adults when they hit 100 or something because of their larger lifespan.

Yeah and the art style is out of place and pretty bad, I'm taking the piss with you but come on, it's shit. Glad you like it though.

>whoah, named NPC, better not talk to them lmao

You have legit autism.

It hurts...

Attached: 1525396544844.jpg (919x720, 59K)

Oh right, my bad.
I thought he was saying that about the way stats were rolled.
Carry on.

Yoshimo's traps are really good except for the last one. I honestly hate his last trap is maze one, did anyone like that? Seems so useless

> non-repulsive portraits
Whaaa make-up! Even though my replacement has perfect skin.

>j-just pirate
Yeah I'm sure your advising absolute morons who can barely run an exe without someone telling them that to pirate will be heard....
Are you such a filthy mong that you seriously think your reverse psychology is fooling anyone? I don't give a shit if you tell them to pay for it or not, they won't listen to you. In any case, you're telling them to get a shitty version of the game and ignore its glaring problems to avoid spending a few minutes fine tuning the install of a game they will spend more than a hundred hours on, more than twice that if they go for the sequel. The fact that you're telling them to pirate it is irrelevant, you're shilling, advising a product with your life for stupid reasons.

Yeah? Maybe I will go dwarf. Even if dwarves are always better as party members and not mc's.

Maybe. But you get Imoen at like two thirds of the game already done

Thief as a solo class makes no sense. You can be a perfect thief by level 9 or so, there's just no reason to keep going. What do you get? Another 4 levels for an additional 1x on your backstab? More uh... snare damage? Fighters have better THAC0 progression, hit dice, saves, APR bonuses... Spellcasting classes have spells. All thieves have is their skills but once they top out they're done.

Funnily enough, Yoshimo is even worse because he gets fewer skill points as a Bounty Hunter. So he fails at performing the role Thieves are supposed to perform. I'd rather have Nalia, she fails a lot but at least she can cast Knock if all else fails.

You legit do for fuck's sake.
You can't tell someone to take up a fucking version of the game, then tell him to ignore fucking named NPC in it because they are stupid additions by a retarded dev.
Just fucking take the version where they don't exist, which coincidentally happens to be the fucking original. Why bother with this fucking stupid shit on a first fucking playthrough. How in earth do you have the fucking idea that thinking this is somehow autism you shit eating stupid prick?

Actually, Bioware has fucked up the entire APR count. The max APR a grandmaster can achieve is 3. Putting pips in weapons beyond the first is only supposed to give you extra attacks earlier than the appropriate fighter levels, not extra APR.

Who in the good goddamn is the purple half orc, the knock off minsc, the smug drow and the pink haired elf?
Are they EE characters?
Lemme guess, they are all super powerful and more often than not, either a misunderstood renegade or a persecuted supersaiyan who accidentallied someone and is on the run?

Art is nice though.

I wanna see bg2 with best girl Mazzy.

Stop swearing, you little faggot. Getting so worked up over a 20-year-old video game. Christ, I can't even imagine how pathetic your life is.

>they are all super powerful
Nah, their stats are garbage.

Could be worse... Xzar and montaron, and kagain.
They really did a number on evil parties in 2.
Who can you even take?
Edwin
Korgan
Viconia

Anyone else?

Not him but EE is trash. Miss me with that new companion shit and those other poor UI additions

Fun fact: all the thief kits, except swashbuckler, which actually is a fighter-kit, had to be buffed considerably for BG2 to be viable. Assassin advantages, as an example, are only better poison identification and the ability to use every weapons.

I don't give a fuck, mate. Use which ever version you like.

>hurr dur stop using bad words to tear a new asshole to my retarded shit
>hurr dur how dare you have an opinion about me being a piece of retarded shit, bet you're a VIRGIN and should HAVE SEX lmao xd
I'm not angry about the game, I'm angry about you being a retarded passive aggressive sly piece of shit. Legit kill yourself.

Yeah, but to be fair Edwin is the best wizard in the game and Korgan is the best fighter. Viconia is the only pure class healer.

You sure post a lot for someone who supposedly doesn't give a fuck.

aerie is a better reactionary healer with vecna and power ammy, but of course why waste those on her when you could give them to edwin or yourself

Aerie, for bullying.

>purple half orc
Romanceable orc. yeah it's as bad as it sounds
>knock off minsc
lawful good monk cardboard cutout
has a romance of course
>smug drow
is the BBEG in a fanfiction prequel game then can be recruited in the remake. Was super duper powerful but lost his powers because of an oopsie with a genie or something.
>pink haired elf
Self insert bumbling "nerdy" girl with mysterious wild magic powers that can sometimes get out of control!!!!

You're not tearing shit, kid. Or do you actually believe your sad rant on Yea Forums, which I'll forget in about 1 minute after I close this thread, matters to anyone?

>bet you're a VIRGIN and should HAVE SEX
I never implied that at all but I guess that's what they call a freudian slip.

>19 Str in BG1 is garbage

Attached: 1549860688211.png (512x512, 118K)

Viconia does have some other neat tricks though. Her natural magic resistance plus the human skin armor for example.

Fuck off retard

When it's coupled with 14 CON? Yeah. He's a glass canon.

The orc is a paladin with 19 strength. Oh but he's evil. Yeah he's not a fallen paladin though he's actually a paladin of evil. It's not an antipaladin it's called a blackguard and it's not a phase mom

I went in as a CE Halfling thief from 1 through to tob.
Was pretty good to have a comfy 4 person party in 2,but I missed my boys montaron and xzar, and fuck what bioware did to them in 2. So bullshit.

>God I said your life must be pathetic, but I never implied anything, must be a FREUDIAN SLIP hahaha kiddo
Is there anything more cringe than 16 years old larping as unironic boomers?
Mongoloids who argue to take the EE to avoid 20 minutes installing a single weidu maybe.

all class will be similar because "it doesnt work" and "balance" so it probably doesnt matter

Neutral characters. Jan, Yoshimo, Haer'Dalis, Cernd.

Josh isn't balancing this game

Oh christ. It's like they are DESPERATE not to be 'boring' and so end up with the most boring cliches there are!
Fuck, I'm so glad I skipped EE.
I bought it to multiplay with my mate, but we just ended up playing the original over lan anyway.

And it sure seems to matter to you, otherwise you would, you know, actually close the tab and forget all about this.

Can you make one post without whining? Unironically have sex. Pay for it if you have to. It will calm you down.

Anomen of course.

In baldur's gate 1?
What the ever loving fuck?!

Yeah. Makes sense to me really. Evil characters are the strongest but usually end up dead. Fair trade. Though I forgot what happens to Kagain.

I will in about 10 minutes when I finish my coffee and head to the gym. Until then I'll watch the autistic screeching.

What the hell are you talking about?
Nobody in BG1 have infinite health pool.
You either kill every enemy asap or they will chop you down like a bitch.
And so called "tanks" in BG1 serve only NOT TO get themselves hit.

Blackguards have been a thing for at least 20 years. Fucking Aribeth became a blackguard in NWN.

>Coran 20 dex is totally OK

>If we ever become separated, it is imperative that you make your way to the Friendly Arms Inn. There you will meet Khalid and Jaheira. They've long been my friends, and you can trust them.
If you didn't read it in HIS voice then you're a filthy hobgoblin shit

Can you make one post without sounding like a passive aggressive roastie? You didn't even try to argue anything you went directly to that territory a few posts ago. Only to whine about people whining about your trash edition. Your fucking stupidity and your tenacity to show it are mind boggling to me.

What level should i be to dualclass a berserker into a mage?

Who care about this elf faggot.

Kagain has 20 fucking CON. Jaheira and Khalid have 17. Ajantis has 16. There's nothing special about Dorn.

Yup. he also comes with a free +1 sword with a special power that turns it into a +1 damage/+2 THAC0 sword for an entire day whenever he kills something with it. His stat total is 90 points, the highest of any companion in either BG1 OR 2...
besides Hexxat, the other EE original character who is a black lesbian vampire with 20 stength and dex, special abilities and unique equipment that gives her regeneration and immunity to every status.

>Non-committal fence-sitters, hippies, treefuckers, and dilly-dallying 'randos'
No fucking thank you.
Gotta be willing to chuck them puppies into the river if you wanna be the top dog round here!
I love Mazzy though. I would maybe consider doing less bad shit, for her. If she'd only look my way. Fucking Korgan... He thinks she'd like him over me... Just wait til he's asleep... Hope he doesn't notice that his healing potions have been swapped for blue water...

9 is the sweetspot
13 is the powergamer but it isn't worth it imo

>I will in about ten minutes when I'll have real activities and not spend the rest of the afternoon sitting with my fat ass here I swear
lmao, you're not fooling anyone.
Might I add that if you really plan on doing any of this, no one gives a shit.
I don't give a fuck about your life, if you have nothing to say to defend your precious EE but this retarded crap, why are you even bothering posting about them in the first place?

There's nothing to argue about, retard. I already told you to use the version you enjoy. Stop trying to act tough on the internet through insults as if we can't tell you're just a bitter, lonely little shit.

Kek

>You either kill every enemy asap or they will chop you down like a bitch
Try Kagain (get him ASAP or the game will roll 1s to his leveling HP) give him gaunlets of dexterity, and the constitution tome. Full plate, large shield +1, ring of protection +2, helm of balduran, cloak of balduran. Have him walk way ahead of everyone, equip rest of the party with ranged weapons.

Anyone here have a hankering for a bit 'o ELVEN ARSE?

Attached: Winthrop_(Prologue)_BG1EE.png (300x185, 73K)

In real dnd 15 is viable. Frizzy Do’urden does not have over 15 str.

fuck beamdog desu

Read my post, you mongoloid.
>Nobody in BG1 have infinite health pool.
You do not "tank" by getting punched in BG1. Even with best outcomes you'r HP will be around 100. And hard encounters will shred you to pieces.

>I will in about ten minutes when I'll have real activities and not spend the rest of the afternoon sitting with my fat ass here I swear
Yeah. I only post on Yea Forums at work. I wouldn't waste my free time on this shit. Don't tell me you're doing this instead of actually doing something with your free time.

>why are you even bothering posting about them in the first place?
Because it triggers you.

3e, nigger.
No blackguards around in MY day, son.

Alright, i've never dual classed before so does that means i have to be a mage for 9 levels?

>You do not "tank" by getting punched in BG1
Except Dorne's dex is crap and he uses two-handed swords anyway. He will get hit and his womanly HP will get him killed.

My oc is better than anyone

BG already has some 3e shit in it though

I don't act tough, I just insult your retarded face because you piss me off. I don't even enjoy it, but I can't stop because you are such a bitch. Why do you argue with such 'passion' for minutes on end when you now claim not even to give a fuck about what you were arguing in the first place? Why don't you just, you know, shut the fuck up and do anything else instead? Talk about a sad, pathetic, lonely existence.

fighter (kit or regular) to level 9 first then mage for the rest of the time

Dual class during the beginning of Bg2, when you can easily farm exp

Brrraaaaaaap.
That was a stinker!

>give him gaunlets of dexterity, and the constitution tome
You should be lobotomized for not having your MC to have ALL tomes.

>I don't act tough,
You absolutely do. You wouldn't say any of this to me face to face and you know it.

>Why do you argue with such 'passion'
Wut? I'm laughing at you and your autistic nonsense.

No, I'm actually doing that with my free time, it's 35°C outside and I'm taking a break from playing BG, talking to retards about the game because I happen to enjoy it. Which imo is healthier than doing it because I am a little 12 years old shit who enjoy making people angry by acting like an insufferable retard
but to each his own I guess.

>rolling stats
Do people actually do this shit in tabletop?

Attached: 1538840394139.jpg (599x624, 112K)

>when you explore the catacombs, send Imoen ahead to scout, and ol' puffguts creeps on up on her and tells her how he's hankering for some "elven arse" right now and tells her to come closer

Attached: p a n i c.jpg (200x291, 11K)

>No, I'm actually doing that with my free time

Well, that's just pathetic. I'm going to the gym. Have fun being a retard on the internet.

>Have no use for wisdom but still use all 3 tomes on myself anyway

Attached: 1561094721547.jpg (884x1200, 60K)

Yes because it's a "that guy" filter. If someone gets anal pained about their stat rolls and demands to reroll or point buy or whatever, you just know they're going to be a problem later and can politely sideline them.

Wut?
But 3e wasn't made until like 2 or 3 years after baldur's gate!

>you won't say this to my face
Oh but I will, what do you think, that I'm afraid you'll hit me for telling you that you're a moron, or some shit? Would be a hell of a way to prove me wrong lmao. Not my problem if you're too thin skinned for a bit of aggressive banter, shithead.

Even better with MC, solo with dwarf berserker, end the game with 140 HP and regen, 1/8/7/1/2 saves, around -10 AC. Then say tanking doesn't work.

>"roll the dice, whatever you get your'e stuck with theres no re-dos or getting x stats to allocate as you please"

The reason nobody fuckin likes this is because you pick your class first and then you roll for stats. If you got your stats first and then picked a class it would be more popular. Nobody wants a cleric with shit wis and shit str and nobody wants to play as one.

>he says, doing that with his free time and going anywhere but to the gym
Have fun being a triggered fatass lmao

I was actually talking about BG2. Aren't sorcerers and monks a 3e thing?

Anyone know the best weapon proficiency for a berserker? It's a living hell trying to decide what weapons to use

Unfortunately. It's a pleb filter. Anyone who still insists to roll stats down the line is a certified boomer

Use your own fists like a real Chad.

for a pure berserker, I usually always do halberds to eventually use the ravager in bg2
generally flails is seen as strongest for FoA

>"that guy" boogeyman
Holy shit tabletop niggers are the worst.

There are fighter-monks, a cleric kit, in 2nd ed. But vastly different than 3e monks, the ones in bg2. In 2nd ed there are 3 styles of unarmed combat to specialize in, where as those styles were removed in 3rd ed.

Right but at the same time it kill the fun when you character is so useless that you wait to die and then create a new one

t. that guy

Pro tip almost nothing actually sucks
If you go full class, go flail then bastard swords (and two weapon style obviously), flail of ages + defender of easthaven is amazing and available early in BG2, defender of easthaven is best in slot offhand slot for any class with no iron/stoneskin. Late game you get Foebane and the Purifier for bastard swords, combine all of those according to your needs during the fights.
Otherwise longs swords are great (Blackrazor), katana are great (celestial fury), axes are alright, but any weapon class is viable really. Dual wielding is always the better option because of additional APR though.

In table top, it is virtually impossible to create a completely useless character.

I've always wanted to play BG but could never bring myself to do it, but I think I'm gonna do it this time. Is EE worth getting? Or is that the one with the rewriting and graphic filters and trannies added? Also I remember reading once that your best bet as a new player is to roll a fighter with a high strength stat, but I kind of want to be something else. Would I just get my ass beat as a mage or cleric instead? I know a little bit about DnD but not much, the campaign me and my friends were running was kind of loose on the mechanics side and our DM gave us a lot of freebies when we normally should've died.

>unless is super high it doesnt matter

In other words, it matters.
Any AD&D fighter that doesn't have STR in the 18/__ range is useless trash.

>all halfling fighters are trash
Yeah, no.

I suggest to use the BGT mod using the original baldurs gate, and for the class just pick what you want, it's easy to go and find tank companion to protect you while you cast magic and use ranged attacks

>18/__
can you guys explain the whole 18 str and percentile thing for brainlets
I got into 3.5 because NWN and I don't remember any of that, did they get rid of it or does my memory suck

You can play EE just don't pick up the new party members if you don't want to, easy as that, the tranny shit is in Siege of Dragonspear

Get the EE if you want. but yes it does include the trash you mentioned. Roll anythujg, a fighter with 18 str, dex an con is best as a first charname, you fully manage a party of 6 and will play each class as if it were the character you created.
If you enjoy getting spoonfed easily availbalbe information, like you are being right now, maybe this game is not really your speed too.

fuck op and his min max bullshit, what a piece of shit. khalid is a true bro till the end

I got stuck in a room with a fat fucker and a bunch of spiders. I haven't played the game in like a week because of it.

basically wotc added rng to 18 str for some reason

People usually want to try it, but it's really not worth it. Point buy is better in every single tabletop system.
>"I CAN EPIC ROLL FOUR 18s LOL"
>it's six 11s
>"c-c-c-c-c-can I reroll?"
>it's six 11s
>repeat 5 times until there's five 11s and one 15 and they sigh in resignation

Attached: dexter's_dad.jpg (250x250, 13K)

It's pretty simple. If you have 18 strength you roll 1d100 to see exactly how good your 18 strength is. 18/low number gets less bonuses than 18/high number.
They got rid of it for 3E, presumably because it was weird to have special rules for when you had 18 strength but not for any other number/attribute.

I guess that's why it's a ROLE PLAYING GAME. What's the point of role playing if you're always just the best at everything? Being a bumbling useless cleric with no wis is role playing.

Arrays are much better than point buy.
I can't tell if this is a parody or if you're genuinely just dumb.

>mfw getting the +1 str tome to hit str 19 and skipping that percentile bullshit

Attached: 1494608083021.gif (284x294, 1.69M)

Can you PnP first roll and then choose a class?

>pick wizard
>roll 8 int and 17 str
COOL

I don't really want to roleplay someone who's dead weight in a fight and dead weight after a fight. I do enough of that in my day to day life as is.

Ask your DM. If he says yes the answer is yes. If he says no the answer is no.

you can do anything you want in pnp but your class selection will be severely limited like that

>The bonus is rolled together with the other scores during character generation and will not change when de- and increasing strength by adding or subtracting points repeatedly.
so if you get to 18 by leveling up you can't roll for that bonus?
I can't remember if this is a thing in ad&d or was added later

Yes it's safed with the character.

In 2nd ed, your starting starts doesn't change through level-ups. They are static outside of magical buffs.

You don't get stats by leveling up

BG is already anime as fuck though
>final battle of the first game is against your evil brother who is then sent to hell but restored to physical form later on and can be befriended by you by the end of the ToB

Attached: 1550894959746.png (490x486, 33K)

You don't gain attributes from levels in AD&D. Not actually sure what would happen if you were to somehow gain strength permanently and it made you hit 18. I guess you'd probably roll for it then and see what you got?

You roll 4d6 6 times and then assign them to stats.

People who think that stats can make a character useless or especially unfun to play are exactly the people who need to be weeded out.

Just cast fist

Attached: muscle_wizard_by_gauntes-d88wq3b.jpg (600x776, 104K)

It just gives a pre-determined bonus. If you go from 17 to 18 as a fighter, you automatically get 18/50. Another point gets you 18/75.

>make a multiclass character
>set individual exp multiplier to 200%
>disable exp cap

Attached: 1532403214358.png (713x444, 262K)

More like anime uses historical "heroic tropes" unlikely western animation and their cape shit fest.
Look at almost all popular animes like Naruto and shit, all of them have an "heroe journey" with things like that.
Then you go to capeshit batman and superman and is sterile like fuck.

>fighter with 3 strength
So what the fuck am I meant to do with this? And don't say it's a roleplaying opportunity, I can roleplay just as well with a character that's actually good. If you have to rely on your stats for your RP then you're shit at RP.

>love interest include a drow tsundere waifu "I-it's not like I enjoy cuddling w-with rivvin or anything", a cute pure virgin elf that you strengthen with your dick and impregnate (thanks Abe), a widow mother figure that you mellow (with your dick) and a pretty boi you have to redeem straight from a shoujo harem

he's arabic you dumb shit

>what am I supposed to do with that
Pick a sling

If you assign a 3 to your strength stat when you want to be a fighter, you are useless outside of the game too.

>one of the most popular mods adds sweet incest romance

Attached: 1554635150094.png (482x673, 512K)

not in BG
your base score doesn't really matter; against trash mobs you dont need a good score, in tough fights you can buff with spells or potions (assuming you're not just bombing the fight with six simultaneous fireballs)

Oh, so suddenly stats do matter? I thought they were irrelevant. Your argument seems to have changed, how odd.

>when you're not worrying about minmaxing fucking everything all the time.
Then what's the fucking point? Why have stats when the middle-ground is good enough?

Does it count as incest if the common blood is a god? I feel like that would be an exception.

The thing i absolutely adore about BG's encounter design is how open it is to the most bullshit tactics. You can flank many encounters, you can scout them ahead and move in while being under invisibility or stay around invisible while your summons are overwhelming the enemies, you can force all enemies on the screen to teleport randomly, you can even fucking clone yourself and cast spells through your clone, it's batshit insane.

Don't pick fighter, dipshit. Roll your stats before picking your class. Or really, anything else about your character. You roll the stats, and think up an archetype from there. There's plenty of characters that can be made more interesting from low stats. A wizard that's so weak and wiry that he can barely lift a twig. Some extra tiny halfling that makes most of his race look like 7 foot chads and is upset about how useless he is. Etc.
>If you have to rely on your stats for RP then you're shit at RP.
Directly, yes definitely, but your stats should represent your character and most characters should have flaws to enable good RP. Intertwining mechanics and flavour in the made up fantasy with zero real stakes isn't a bad thing.

oi mate if you want stats to be useless why don't you play pillars of eternity

>wotc
M8, no.

Given that MC can be an elf and Imoen is a human, it's really not an incest.
At best you're close childhood friends who grew up together which only makes everything sweeter.

You're telling me I could have had Korgan and Aerie in the same party, after all? Fuck this stupid game.

>start BG2
>through some scroll faggotry, wand of cloudkill and a bit of preparation i have a staff of the magi by level 9

Attached: 1552298502524.gif (255x301, 519K)

holy shit, a female poster

so what's the point of rolling for hours for that 90+ 18/00 when you can just get +1 str from whenever?

I do the same right when I get to bg2
I had the easiest time doing it on a wild mage because yadda yadda some savescumming later
oop how wonderous that there happens to be 50 skulltraps in that spot...

I almost always have them both in my party, their conflict doesn't have that high of a chance to trigger anyway. Also if you stay at 20 char or above for as long as possible (until you really need those inventory slots) and already know the game, the conflict will virtually never have time to happen before you're in hell. You can also keep them sperated by about a standard 640x480 screen (don't remember the exact distance) and their dialogue to one another won't ever trigger.

My favorite tactics is letting the enemies goes in a closed room and then use clodkill, after that I close the door and wait the gas to kill them all

there isn't and people have been saying that for a long ass while, you just never paid attention

No idea, I'm pretty sure nobody does this

I think Icewind Dale just bumps you up to the next level of 18/xx instead of going straight from 18 to 19. For BG there's very little reason though.

Not him, but the general sense of "within reason" was implied.
You can do more stuff in tabletop, unless your gm/dm is a goon. Therefore making stats less important than in a vidya analogue where you walk into a room, get to pick a speech choice then fight to the death with 17 niggas.
In TT, your low strength fighter might represent a super hardcore knight who was crippled, but still retains a bunch of tactical experience, so your dm may give you extra info on an area you'd know about. Or some other useful, situational benefit that might mean that the whole scuffle doesn't occur. Or maybe you command so much respect that you have a squire to bop cunts with.
That's the problem with dnd crpgs, they emulate pretty much nothing but the spell effects and combatechanics (on a rudimentary scale)
If you truly want an unsurpassed sense of adventure, find a great dnd group.
I can still remember scenes from adventures that I played in the mid nineties, as though I was physically there, or they were movies thanks to a phenomenal story teller of a dm (who flew a little fast and loose with 2e for the sake of some newbie players)
You don't get that from staring at a group of sprites wailing on each other.
Whilst you may get a similar feeling from the dialogue, quests, music etc - ie everything BUT the combat!

End of the day, there's a lot of negativity here. And although beamdog can burn in a fire as far as I'm concerned, I love dnd and have enjoyed it for a huge part of my life. Same with baldur's gate.
I hope you and all the other anons here can find similar enjoyment in the hobby/game.
:)

I've already downloade mods recommended on Beamdog's forums. The issue is a lot of them are pretty old and unstable so I've had some issues installing some of the major ones.

Concerning graphics, I wanted to see what people used. BeamDogs E/E game just irritates me. Even turning off the options as the guy before mentioned doesn't look quite right...at least to me.

Oh it is possible. One of my mates made a dread necromancer that is a mix of a few spellcasting classes that focused on touch spells with a dex of 10 or something. On level 4 he had a whooping +0 to hit. It wax hilarious.

>I hope you and all the other anons here can find similar enjoyment in the hobby/game
I'm having another session of warhammer fantasy 4e today. The system is not perfect, but it's great fun overall.

>The issue is a lot of them are pretty old and unstable
No.
You are old and unstable if you can't into weidu.
If you respect some measure of logic during the install order it runs without any issue whatsoever.
t. have been playing the modded orignals for years and can count the number of crashes on a single hand.

Radical!
I just joined some online gaming groups in my city thanks to this thread.
They have monthly ttrpg meets.
I always wanna play dnd (I usually dm with newb mates and colleagues) but I live far away from all my friends, so hopefully this works.
Hope your game goes awesomely, what's wh4e like?

Is there a BG2EE mod that restores the original armors?
If not
Is there a BG2 OG mod that introduces middle mouse scrolling and/or the ability to see spell descriptions by right clicking on them?

Attached: vw6d2In.jpg (2014x854, 643K)

Gotta come up with creative ways to touch a nigga then.
> Prep the biggest, baddest necro spell.
> "good day sir, how are you?"
> extend hand

>mfw I had both Edwin and Minsc and Viconia and Chadorn in the same party.
>mfw they just bitched at each other but never butchered one another.

I hope there'll be more character customization in bg3, like hair style and body width/height

Body width and height are too much trouble with armors I think. DA:I had 4 playable races and all of them had extremely small armor pool. I guess it had bigger budget than Larian too
I don't know how it works but Saints Row seem to did that right for me, idk why other games can't do it

>BG2 OG mod that introduces middle mouse scrolling
What do you mean, the zoom? No. Right clicking on spells always shows the description though

EE keeper allowed you to morph your avatar into whatever the fuck you've wanted already.

not what I mean

No I mean using the middle mouse button to drag the map around instead of edge scrolling.
>right clicking on spells always shows the description though
i thought so too but I recently reinstalled the originals and right clicking them in the hotbars does nothing, the spell description is only brought up if you right click in the mage/priest spell lists (where you memorize them)

>not filling every womb available with babies
Don't you want to make your father proud?

It has an interesting career system that doesn't allow for much customization as long as you stay in your career. Characters are supposed to be less "heroic" than for example D&D heroes, meaning you can also roll a simple villager, a lawyer, boatman or even a beggar. The game also allows you to ditch your roll and just pick a class, meaning your party probably ends up playing the same soldier, ranger, wizard, priests etc that are closer to actual D&D heroes. Combat can be lethal, especially with ranged weapons that you can't dodge, and an advantage system that gives you... advantages if you roll well, which results in your character steamrolling the opposition while adding more and more advantages. It can also end with some unlucky rolls and suddenly half the party has their arms broken. Spellcasters start very weak, with only few minor spells. You need invest a lot to get close to a low- or mid-level D&D mage, and will nto reach high-level spellcasters. You can also miscast, which can have fun effects like growing mutations or turning nearby milk sour.

I talked more about the problems than anything else, but it's a good system. many interesting skills and feats and a lot of good careers as well. One day I'll play that miner career One of the main draws however is simply the warhammer setting.

Didnt you find some mercs or something in 2 who tell you that they travelled wit Xan but killed him because he was bumming everyone out? Or was that just a fever dream I had

Keldorn will probably end up snapping if he started talking shit to Vicky. Man I love Keldorn but I almost always go somewhat low rep evil charname, and he always end up fighting me if he didn't try to murder my drow waifu before. The dialogue is great, I haven't killed him in a while, I'll pick him up again!

Despite the game pretty much wanting you to leave him with his family, he has one of the best endings in ToB too

>start up BG2EE
>literally in the first room to the right after the first goblin encounter there's a +2 sword that deals extra cold damage per hit
is beamdog serious?

Attached: 1334786293380.jpg (340x583, 44K)

Absolutely blessed post.

Attached: Caber tossed a chaos lord.png (921x593, 178K)

it's to simulate your gear porting over from 1, I believe that and something else is placed there instead if you didn't port

Then no and no.
I scroll with the keyboard

It isn't, his con and dex were also great.

Don't spoil me, I have a run to finish since forever where I advised him to put his wife behind bars and I've never read his epilogue

fuck
I really need that description on right click

Attached: 1325390708513.png (600x338, 23K)

That's the sword you get from killing Greywolf in BG1 IIRC

That's fucking worse. She looks like a tranny dude.

>use he can reach grandmastery in bows.
No he could only reach High Mastery because he only had 1 pip in bows at lvl 1, so not enough levels to buff that up to 5.

Coran would still beat him as an archer at max level, having 1 better thac0 than Khalid.

Attached: bg1archers.png (996x408, 29K)

probably because back then developers severely underestimated the difference between tabletop role-playing and maximum minmax autism that is just going to be inherent to vidya.

most people play games like BG to game the numbers, whereas if you want the D&D "experience" (with the math as more of a backdrop) then you'd play with your friends instead.

It'd be a problem if it was in BG1, but having Varscona at the start of BG2 is not an issue seeing how you can get Sarevok's sword a few minutes later.

...did they just copy-paste the paperdolls from IWD1 and One Pixel Productions into the EE version?

>So what the fuck am I meant to do with this?
Talk, plan.
Make it a quest to find out how to improve your pitiful strength, potions, seek magical items.
Buddy up with a caster who can buff your strength.

yes
they also changed item icons into boring soulless garbage

Among all the QoL shit there is for BG OG and EE, that's one weird feature to get attached to

really? that's the biggest QoL feature in the EE though.

for example in the original BG you cant even see what shapeshifting does exactly because there's no description for it

I might have been playing this for too long lmao, but I understand your point.

you realize your character wouldnt be stupid enough to try and be a fighter with only 3 str
unless they have 3 int too

I always thought that quickloot was the biggest quality of life feature and the only one that made EE worth considering The rest was largely irrelevant to me.

I want to H U G Mazzy!

Attached: baldursgate.jpg (2560x2000, 3.16M)

do you not use shapeshifting at all?

And the dumb fucking vampire is a thief ....fucking useless

Attached: 1552455386405.jpg (750x750, 81K)

BG2 Jaheira is too lewd!

>anime

Attached: 1536699569705.jpg (526x423, 20K)

I just knew all the perks of shapeshifting already from having played the game for years and learning what specific shapeshift forms can do after killing the originals repeatedly in a variety of ways, just like that other user.

>black lesbian vampire

Attached: 1549782771419.jpg (1024x566, 57K)

It's a shame there's no Sarevok portrait.

I despise min-maxers

Sarevok's a faggot.

>yoshimo has tiny eyes
Weebs pretending that anime isn't whites BTFO

Attached: file.png (973x909, 501K)

I just started playing this for the first time. My party consists of Druid main character
>Xan
>Branwen
>Garrick
>Imoen
>Kivan

How badly did I fuck up?

Pretty severely, but if you use all the tools the game gives you, you can beat it all the same. Wands, scrolls, potions, hold back nothing. The game can be beaten with a character that has 12 with all stats, you could do worse.

It was unsalvageable the moment you picked druid.

>maggy

What the fuck?

dat Dynaheir is way too hot
I want her to /ss/ magic rape Garrick

>maGGY

Change Garrick with someone, the rest is fine
What kit are you playing if you're playing a version with kits?

o fuck. What should I have picked? Why is Druid unsalvageable?

gonna play bg2 with a party of all the bad/overshadowed/unpopular npcs:
cernd
nalia
mazzy
valygar

MC gonna be either cleric or mage/thief

Don't listen to that retard, he considers anything that isn't an epic meta420powerbuild to be useless, whereas the game is perfectly beatable with any class.

Druid's are just shitty clerics, apart from being ""True Neutral"" insufferable cunts like Jaheira.

Mazzy is legitimately amazing if you get her early

It isn't.

BG1 can be beat by any party combination as long as you have some muscle, some arcane, some divine and some thieving. Poster's party has everything of that.

Druid is luckily good because of any bug swarming spells. I actually would rather have a druid than a cleric

Nadia is bad?

But they must've said that for some reason? Is there something really bad about the Druid? I'm still going to keep playing. I just wonder what sort of weakness I should compensate for?

If you play them as clerics, yeah, they are shitty clerics.

Cool man, thanks.
The 'down to earth' /low fantasy element sounds kinda cool!
I'll check it out, but likely never gonna find a group since I'm in new Zealand, and barely anyone here plays ttrpgs

yeah if I remember right she can get grandmastery in shortbows or be frontline with shortsword and her stats are okay. I just never see her mentioned.

Worse Imoen.
I think she dualled into a mage as a leve 4 thief which makes her thief part unusable.

>rolling for stats
please leave the premises and perhaps take a 9mm pill orally for those intrusive and destructive thoughts

They don't get some of the best cleric spells despite drawing spells from the same pool and druid specific unique spells are painfully mediocre except for some high level ability summons. It's not lethal, but it obviously means that you won't be powerful enough to satisfy a minmaxer that considers even clerics with all their strengths to be worthless.

Druids are considered a 'weaker' class, because they are horribly implemented in comparison to PnP. They are essentially a jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none divine caster in BG.

Am I retarded if I'm still using her in Throne of Bhall?

no, she got good stats across the board. only downside is she is stuck at low thief level if I remember right. also unpopular because stick in the ass

>what are potions/rings

No, she is just a better mage than she is a thief.

She's still the only good mage besides Imoen dude. If you want a second arcane caster in a good party, and why wouldn't you, just keep using her
But yeah if the choice is between her and Imoen Imoen curbstomps

And just ctrl+a, del the animated cutscenes.

should I play EE or OG?

Attached: xzEwXkT.png (996x332, 183K)

>only good mage besides imoen

nigga you gay

Attached: post-2542-127587602194.jpg (210x330, 65K)

He's evil

OG, then EE for the QoL replay with kits.

what about the changes people are talking about here? shit like the armor and icons looking way uglier in EE

Are you having fun?
If so, you didn't fuck up in the slightest.
Sure, some fights might be tough, but who cares? Just buy and hoard a few potions and scrolls.

Also a question about PoE. How long does it take to get the that ranger woman after getting the chanter companion?

quick question, people are saying multiclass f/m/t can't get lvl 9 mage spells, but that's only without removing xp cap right? i'm playing modded and so i think i could solo and be lvl 40/40/40 is that right? i have the mod to give triple class hla's too

Character paper dolls and item icons never personally bothered me too much, but that's because I already had everything my memory from having played the originals again and again. What I appreciated about EE was the mouse scroll, additional map markers and quickloot. And those alterations that in general are a negative is why I suggest the originals for the newcomers first playthrough.

If you have that tripple class hla mod you'll be fine. But I personally don't usually reach the 8m cap ToB has in a party of 6. I think you would need 9m exp for level 9 mage spells

>mazzy
I thought she was pretty popular? She's not bad either.
Most people I know pick her up.
People I know isn't a great sample size in the grand scheme of things though I admit.

Yes, if you find a way to earn that much experience in BG1, which I don't think is possible even if you go solo through everything including TOTSC.

blown out of proportion. just wait till sale and get EE, the qol makes it more pleasurable to play. I played both bg1 and 2 back when they were released and don't see any significant reason not to play EE now

Druids are generally worse than clerics imo, but they're still good enough.
You have 6 party members, your mc could probably be a drooling troglodyte and you could play through the games fine.

Fighter>Druid dual class is dope imo since they can scimitars and catch up with some of the equipment advantages clerics have over druids.

If you're gonna minimax, why not just use a trainer and set all your stats at Max?

Very true.

Nah.
Pirate it if you absolutely MUST play the EE.
Don't pay those cunts.

Why do you think he died canonically too?

This. Beamdog have done a horrible fucking job and should not be paid for it. And I'm not talking about OCdonutsteels, but about bugs and piggybacking off what the modders had done over a decade ago and for free.

That's not minmaxing, though it is pretty much exploiting

i never even considered giving robe of vecna to a nonmage, i'll try it sounds fun

>intro has all these characters interacting and fighting together in interesting ways who never actually end up interacting with eachother at all in the anime

>blown out of proportion.
>there's a literal example showing the massive differences in this very thread
wtf user

aerie is a multi'd mage and only those who are a mage or sorcerer can wear it, aside from those with the thief hla UAI

i just dont care enough. love the games either way.

i'm talking about a full saga run

I have absolutely no basis for this belief, but every single time I fight a druid I end up either resisting or making the saving roll on their spells, and they're helpless in melee because lolnometalarmor. Cleric is just better than them in every way.

cause that's retarded? you still earn your power in an op solo run. it's just fun. i've played the game normally.

recommended mods for BG2EE? restoration mods would be welcome

Only required one if Saerileth desu

>romance mod
begone

Best mod is original non-EE BG2

is there any way to make the original games not look blurry when not played in sceen's native res?

>cant read spell descriptions
>cant see what shapechange forms do
miss me with that gay shit desu

as far as I can tell the official canon is literally just the worst/most annoying group possible

Better than than dealing with Cuckdogs overpowered as fuck cringy donut steel tier original characters.
And their bugs.
And their theft and monetization of modders work have done for free.
And their SJW agenda.
And their shitty fucking cuck ass siege of dragonspear garbage (even though that was BG1)

Not to mention replacing the originals on gog so all positive reviews look like they are for the "e" e

Removing xp limits?
Why not remove book of stat increase limits?
I mean, given enough time, you could find more.

Widescreen mod, but reading become a little bit difficult

Do you accept your first roll for stats?
Or reroll til you get 90

>Better than than dealing with Cuckdogs overpowered as fuck cringy donut steel tier original characters.
can be ignored or modded out
>And their bugs.
fixed
>And their theft and monetization of modders work have done for free.
mods agreed to it
>And their SJW agenda.
not present in BG2
>And their shitty fucking cuck ass siege of dragonspear garbage (even though that was BG1)
not present in BG2

yeah I have it, but if I play at 1280x720 (because of the font size, precisely), UI becomes a bit blurry. It's only perfect at 1920x1080 but then the text is really small + inventory screen is incredibly tiny.

Beamdog shill detected
>can be ignored or modded out
Link to mod then nigger.
>fixed bugs
Their bugs are not fixed.
>mods agreed to it
Don't care, its scumbag business tactics. Guaranteed they tricked them with some contract fuckery.
>SJW agenda not present in bg2
It absolutely fucking is.

the modding community are a bunch of faggots and deserve half the blame for all support dropping for old versions, to the point where if you so much as mention old versions, they call you a fucking pirate and tell you to update your beamdog version. they're all cunts

what are you on about now

why does the game want you to roll your stats if first it asks you to pick a class?
so fucking retarded
order should be
>hey fag, roll your stats and then pick the class based on that

It's so great! The BG games went from ranking at the top of GOG best-selling lists. Now, BG1:EE has better sales than BG2:EE Probably because nobody who bought BG1:EE bought BG2:EE but they still can't manage to reach a top 30 list.

reroll for a while. if you're trying to like, 'out me' as a minmaxer, you're retarded. i wear it on my sleeve, anyone not taking 18 str con dex as a fighter is a fucking dolt

>implying being called a pirate is in an insult

>Link to mod then nigger.
I know it exists but i cant be bothered to look it up. Saw it literally yesterday though. I'm sure some user will sauce you.
>Their bugs are not fixed.
name 1 bug that isnt fixed
>Don't care, its scumbag business tactics. Guaranteed they tricked them with some contract fuckery.
modders are massive faggots so i dont care. beamdog implemented some of the worst mods (like the one that imports BG1 armor paper dolls into BG2 for some fucking reason)
>It absolutely fucking is.
where exactly?

because each class has different minimum stats, paladins reroll very different to mages

All the mods that matter support the classic versions.

it's more the cunty self-righteous refusal to offer any help or information whatsoever, as if you deserve to be shamed and shunned for deigning to not use the latest beamdog approved version. faggotttts

18 in Strenght for a BG fighter is the biggest meme considering that there are spells and equipment that sets strenght to 19 or better, making your strenght score a waste of points.

Early game Khalid is a great archer. Lategame he should have equipment to compensate for his strenght

Soooo.... Why not just use a trainer and give yourself Max stats?

>paladin forced to have a minimum of fucking 17 cha
Paladin suffers so fucking badly from the MAD it's insane.

no i mean old version of ee before they fucked it, the 1.3 clients which are far superior

>trainer
only thing trainers are useful for is signalling that the user is a brainlet who cannot into memory editing and is ripe for virus infection.

Because that's cheating.