Why didn't Virtua Fighter become Mainstream?

Why didn't Virtua Fighter become Mainstream?

The only reason I know about it is because I am a sandnigga and the Anime is a cult classic in the Middle East

Attached: 4a0.jpg (600x827, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PONbE3-Irro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Tekken exists

Sega fucked it up

Is that supposed to be Will Smith?

because no titty and no flashy shinnny oooo aaaaaah

PC port of VF5FS when? I guess it'll be included in the inevitable Yakuza 6 port, but it's pointless if it doesn't have online play.

The arcade cabinet was considered more "premium" than Tekken at the time, whereas the latter was a "cheap clone". Of course, the Tekken cabinet was cheaper to actually get into your arcade and in 1998, Tekken 3 came out with ridiculously good graphics. That's when the popularity dynamic shifted and Virtua Fighter took the backseat.

Sega are kings of fucking shit up, I'm surprised they can even still manage to put something like Yakuza out.

Attached: 1539953116582.gif (499x281, 373K)

fellow sandniggers
there was this one mecha anime/cartoon I watched when I was young where the main kid had a humanoid robot companion that could combine with a dino or something and the villain was some dragon that could also combine with the main robo, pretty dumb shit
Anyone know its name? I cant for the life of me find anything about it.

Attached: gbk.png (630x294, 327K)

What are the big, most well loved anime in the middle east?

I know Latin America loves Saint Seiya

detective conan is abnormally popular, grandaizer is popular with boomer dads and "coolkids" at schools

the name's pretty stupid.

Digimon?

Tekken had catchier soundtracks and the FMVs helped give their characters more personality. I love VF but Sega didn't do much for VF's characters besides giving them funny voice overs.

Escaflowne?

Will Smith and Willem Dafoe had a kid?

Transformers Victory

>youtube.com/watch?v=PONbE3-Irro
shit was cash, i didnt even know it was based on a game until i saw Virtua fighter 5 at a friends house years later.

Attached: MAH NIGGA.jpg (680x447, 26K)

Because it was too expensive. All the vf3 cabs in america were the deluxe edition that cost 1 dollar for a credit. VF had no problem making money in japan though, Tekken was a joke in comparison.

Attached: lionrafare.png (1381x1065, 2.44M)

>Dragonball/DBZ
>Detective conan
>Yugi oh
>Pokemon (before the ban)
>Digimon
>Gundam wing
there were more but these are the shows that were really popular back when i was a kid

Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai?

nope, I swear this show must've been erased from history, to be more clear the dino was a brachiosaur.

It did though, lots of people played it until current gen. Just that there's no new game, what are we supposed to play

Did this ever have a sequel?

Attached: Lamunefirecast.jpg (1061x1477, 319K)

>mfw after years of searching i find this show and it has nudity in it.

Attached: making up for lost time.webm (640x460, 2.95M)

Gaiking?