CTR Crash Nitro Fueled

Normie Edition

Attached: 1561358797054.png (776x622, 834K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4SyxCZq0KlY
youtube.com/watch?v=GKrvTnh-GC0
youtube.com/watch?v=DODqSEguW_4
youtu.be/n2yK8mcg9Mk
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-24-uk-charts-crash-team-racing-puts-the-bandicoot-back-at-no-1
youtube.com/watch?v=iPtlyKj8B30
youtube.com/watch?v=rCmDYmYA4bY
youtu.be/b3y0vo3A1EY?t=355
youtube.com/watch?v=_sRsbZBnajU
youtube.com/watch?v=gZDtx76JuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=1wQCR9EqLSc
youtube.com/watch?v=NuLRBxjD-M8
youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
youtu.be/_sRsbZBnajU?t=32
islamqa.info/en/answers/153367/does-the-girl-who-wears-hijab-have-to-cover-her-feet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: M127394567.png (753x424, 248K)

>If you hit the last corner of Android Alley wrong, you automatically go out of bounds and have to get forced back onto the track
>Lost twice because of this
FUCKING FUCK

even with Speedy guy, android alley if easy if not for the train, how did you fuck up so badly?

The huge ass turbines on Deep Sea Driving are too fucking big and and ruin an otherwise fun track.

Attached: serious love.jpg (255x215, 9K)

CNK maps are dumb on multiplayer because I have no idea how they work

Big Norm is hot and I want to kiss his belly.

bring back anti-gravity please

Pinstripe mains are the biggest tryhards there is

nth for abolish Hot Air Skyway

this

Did they actually make coin gathering even worse?

This and Komodo Joe.

What does Aku Aku say when you fall off the course? I'm having a hard time deciphering it.

Same here.

Attached: 1561360919756.png (163x153, 74K)

>abolish kino track
no

I just don't get the coin payouts. I could get second by the hair of my ass in one race and get 160 then win by a solid half lap in another and only get 40. Is there something to it I don't know?

pc fag here, is it good

Glad I'm not the only person sexually attracted to the norms
Small Norm Golfer does things to make dick

Attached: 00000240.jpg (900x900, 48K)

budegack

It's on par with the original albeit not 1:1

I've been doing the CNK time trials for shits and giggles. Tiny Temple is forcing me to master USF because Tropy uses it for almost half the track in the second lap and nearly 3/4ths of the third lap. I can only imagine what Oxide is going to be like.

DURR LET'S MAKE IT SO WHEN THE RACE ENDS, IT LOCKS YOUR POSITION SO EVEN IF YOU GET PAST SOMEONE ELSE YOU REMAIN THE POSITION YOU WERE IN

so what do you need to do to unlock the hovercraft?

gold on every track, collect all the CTR things, then the time/boxes as well?

goddamn I can't wait for it to be ported on pc

What's today's pitstop?

get sapphire relics on all tracks and r e-race oxide

Isn't it called Tiger Temple (supposed to be Pura's stage and not Tiny's) or is this a meme I'm missing out on

Target has this on sale for $30. Are the load times on Switch fucked?

As I said, the CNK time trials. Tiny Temple is a track from CNK.

As an N. Tropy main, I'd have to say it's the N. Tropy mains

git gud

tiny temple is from CNK

so you dont need the CTR things?

Oh, OK. Only played CTR and not CNK so yeah that's why I was confused.

Is Tropy just the CTR tracks or is it also CNK tracks for time trials?

you do
you can't get the relic on slide colisseum unless you complete all the gem cups.

>Hard mode is so fucking unbalanced that Crash Cove is now the hardest track in the game to 1st place in
Also Blizzard Bluff is fucked with the new shitty physics and being able to jump the river is based more on luck than the original, even with a boost/mask

Attached: kamiya.jpg (257x297, 7K)

Meant for

Nothing compares to how much they buttfucked sewer speedway, honestly. They better patch that.

>Hard mode is so fucking unbalanced that Crash Cove is now the hardest track in the game to 1st place in
everything else is a breeze, trust me

Everyone over 20s behind the winner deserves eighth place

HELL YEAH
I can do it and recreate it consistently, just need to figure out how to get enough juice to keep it because I always lose it just before the landing boost somehow

Attached: videoplayback.webm (853x480, 2.77M)

Now that we all agree that Deep Sea Driving is best track, what's next?

Who else main the Best Boi?

Attached: dd.jpg (771x543, 119K)

Yeah it took me a fuckload less tries for tracks where there's more opportunity to powerslide/shortcut
Blizzard bluff was the only other one that gave me trouble since the ice section is fucked to hell

You have to beat Tropy on CNK maps as well, they're actually a lot easier than CTR maps as well.

>O MUH SHITTY SPIKY FAN

His belly jiggles are nice and his Golfer outfit is dilf like.

>Out of Time
>maintain boosts all the way to the super boost pad jump
>boost on the pad
>boost when I land on the other side
>continue to maintain boost without touching any walls
>USF goes away before I can finish the lap
???

Attached: 1443003486951.jpg (667x370, 52K)

No lie, I main Crunch in adventure mode since he's the only speed class that doesn't have me listening to Uka's awful voice when I win

Is Dingo a shitposter?

Any particularly bad Tropy trials I should know about before I tear my hair out?

>BB
try jumping the river and go straight to the fence shortcut, just to be save, only attempt the fence shortcut on your 1st lap, once you got it, finish the 2nd and 3rd lap with just river jump, the fence is a bit risky

I thought the same thing at first but just have sacred fire and you’ll probably always get it. If you don’t have it then don’t even try it.

FUCK any track that has more than one jump to get blown the fuck off of if you aren't currently 10000 miles ahead already

Oxide station
*safe

>Get fucked over by countless items
>wtf why are you so far behind
Remove the shitty fucking clock I swear to god

He does not show off a good amount of belly like Papu Papu and Big Norm. So I do not.

>see a Zem online
What the hell? People actually use that character?

>Uka's awful voice
Seriously what the fuck were they thinking? He sounds like a stoner.

Why isn't there more art of him?

Attached: 794bfb327598e694ddd85efd1f0545c00.jpg (1535x2048, 503K)

I saw a Krunk, anything is possible.

cant play speed charecters. thier turn is so shit i end up crashing everywhere.

Can someone explain how the coin system works?
Also does jumping constantly do anything speedwise? Ive seen a few people doing it but do not really see why

tried to play online but it crashed. Tiny is my bro.. Going to try again.

Oh it was just a bot

Everyone's saying Oxide station but in reality the real test is probably Crash Cove. Good enough for that one, good enough for them all. They're all kind of stupid easy looking through my times, the hardest two are probably Oxide's Blizzard Buff (no fence shortcut)/Dragon Mine times.

What's there to explain? There's a limit on the amount of extra coins you can get per day online then you start to get fuck all.
Jumping maintains your current speed so you don't lose as much of it like when going uphill or across slow zones.

Man, how are these people not hitting walls during power slides and turning smoothly with SF

>finally beat oxide s rematch stage

the trick is put bombs on the last speed jump so he falls off the stage.

Coins are used for the Pit Stop a "not microtransaction shop" that was clearly gonna be built on microtransactions until the anti-microtransactions bill was announced, all items in the shop are cosmetic so you can just decorate how you want
Hopping decreases the rate at which you lose boost speed

Attached: askyourmom.png (410x453, 208K)

I hate modern game practices
Why can't everything just be unlockable by doing certain objectives rather than grinding some retarded currency
Also why can't games be released without major fucking save corruption bugs

What is the limit? And when does the day end, from when you hit that limit or at a set time each day?

Blizzard Bluff is pretty easy if you can really chain drifts good
Dragon Mines is hell though, you *really* need a great first/second lap because Oxide's near perfect on the final one.

Anyone want to play? I don't know, can you play with friends? My PS4 ID is Tayroc3
I've never played battle mode since 2002

i dont fucking understand deep sea driving
i can get like 10 seconds ahead of n.tropy in the rest of the track but i always lose insane amounts of speed in the piped section even when i dont even hit the fan blades
feels like some turbo pads VISUALLY give you blue flames in this track but youre not actually going blue flame speed

>Someone finally draws Beach Dingodile
>Foot fetish shit
God FUCKING dammit.

Attached: 1555701798791.png (2098x2350, 3.7M)

the fence shortcut is also fucking impossible now

Agreed and that one of my favorite fucking tracks cause when drifting in the Original it just feels so satisfying and I know I'm at fault when I fucked up but this Remake physics is all over the place.

Attached: 1495636770388.png (600x393, 207K)

Day most likely ends at the same time as the store. It rolled over about 8 hours ago.

>Coco?
>Of course I main her. How could you tell?

Attached: 1508197432378.jpg (1080x1331, 115K)

Am I weird for having my mains be a mix of Speed characters but also Turn characters?

Because you're five places behind me.

Attached: very fast dingodile driving at incredibly hihg speeds.jpg (210x240, 7K)

Yeah I'm just not fond of the river shortcut anymore. I can still hit it about 95% of the time but I still managed to fuck up like 2-3 runs by missing it in the third lap.

My sliding is always super on point on this map too but I still only had about ~1 second of breathing time, just like trying to beat him in the original with Crash.

Attached: Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled_20190624202240.jpg (3840x2160, 1.31M)

>"Because you're 6th in this race and haven't even managed to finish in the last 10 tracks"

Attached: 1552533499083.jpg (640x640, 31K)

>tfw honest racer
>don't use shortcuts
>still get top 3 every game

I want to get this game

Attached: Bg.png (359x591, 284K)

Yeah, I was fucking up initially on the river shortcut, but found that it's not too bad if you take it wider than you want to. There's a "hill" on the left side of the jump that's a solid wall, so I found that I needed to go way the fuck to the right to make sure I was at a good angle for it.

Based and Eggpilled

Attached: Based and Trancepilled.png (358x481, 174K)

feels like the general online population is so bad that you win like 90% of games just by constantly using the shortcuts

Where are my Sega Saturn gamepad chads at?

>TFW Watching people get casual filtered by medium adventure mode
Holy shit this series will never lose the "IT'S LIKE DARK SOULS" stigma will it?

Attached: 48291289713687.jpg (468x465, 34K)

got the first place while playing online with 7 people.

guess im not complete shit.

Activision just confirmed a Star Wars crossover! Check out the new character.

Attached: Jar Jar.webm (264x246, 1.09M)

I wish this series had playable obj_motherfucker

>Know that platinum relics are a test of accuracy instead of sheer speed and aren't a gauge for how good you are
>Still feel shit until I get the platinum paint
Bros...

>just had that happen to me
Fuck this feeling
It's like finally getting a streak of wins in a fighting game after you just picked it up

Now I'm going to get dumpsted in 8th place again next race, and it's going to feel twice as bad since I almost know what I'm sorta doing

If Crash Bash gets a remaster down the line, this and getting the relics will be its Dark Souls moment.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>that norm before changing to crash

Fucking Normies get out of Crash reeeeeeee

Just wait until the Crash 1 Grand Prix with him, Brio and Kong.

Why wasn't N. Bryo playable in the original I wonder? Why not in NF?

Wait till you see DSP at this game.

I don't get the appeal behind Android Alley, it's so long and boring. If it had USF it'd be a 10/10 map but as it stands it's just a more complicated Coco Park

in the original he was too busy making the trophy girls to make his kart. ;)

in NF there's no new additions at launch, but new additions will be coming down the line.

Plan B
I'm waiting to see how he handles multiplayer

man i want the hovercraft but i really cbf to do all the other stuff, will take ages on hard

Should have p2w'd it lol

How will the seasons work? Like a paid pubg thing? Or free content?

I'm waiting to see if they fix Sewer Speedway first. I can't consistently make that jump to get those sweet sweet crates.

Guys I just need oxide station ghost for every oxide ghost beaten.
Will I be a chad then?

How is that your last oxide ghost? It's such an easy one.

Crash bash with online multiplayer

Attached: 1552016417520.gif (1024x1024, 651K)

because for some reason I Just can't do it.
I ironically found tiny temple and dragon mines easier

You know that set of 4 strips each with boost pads before the shortcut? That final one gives you USF. You just have to maintain it all the way through the tunnel and you won't lose it. Fan blades can definitely be a bitch though

Honestly no idea, I wanna say it's just that you get all the new stuff added to the pit stop permanently but Activision has already done seasonal bullshit with BO4

meteor gorge is fucking amazing bros

>barely miss the shortcut at the start, blowing the lead
>catch back up to first place
>do it again 2nd lap
>quit the match out of embarrassment
>go practice with hard mode bots
>get the shortcut first try
why does this keep happening bros

Free

lads

the sewer speedway shortcut. when you pull it off, drop I drop down to the right immediately for a faster time, or do you stay up on the bridge and go all away around?

posting this again.

no secret characters in the first grand prix, because if we didn't reveal all the nitro squad everyone would know they were in anyway.

second grand prix has baby cortex and baby n. tropy as secret characters.

third grand prix has spyro, hunter, and bianca with elora and moneybags as secret characters. the track follows hyper spaceway's teleporters idea, so that multiple spyro locations can be represented.

4th grand prix is twinsanity themed and has nina, victor and moritz with madame amberly and rusty walrus as secret characters. the track is based off the 10th dimension

5th grand prix will have n. brio, koala kong, and komodo moe with the warthog and rilla roo as secret characters. the track is based on the wall of china levels from warped.

the final grand prix is cttr themed and has pasadena, von clutz, and willie as playable. the track is based on the entire amusement park.

most ppl online don't seem to use the "unofficial" shortcuts like the cut across roo's tubes or the Papu's pyramid skip, do they just not know?

drop off

What character? Accel and Speed have a harder time maintaing USF in the pipe because it's easy for them to ride too far up the wall.

i'll make sure to draw more bandicoot

Attached: cooch 2.png (800x800, 207K)

Drop down is actually faster.

>too far up the wall
yeah i think thats what kills my speed actually, was doing it with crunch

online is fucking something else, this is the most i've laughed at a game in a long time

Attached: hayai.webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

So what do you actually get when you beat all oxide's ghosts?

>No track based on the story mode map
Please make all the time fucking around on that map when I was a kid worth it Beenox.

H-He's fast

>First we need to talk about Parallel universes

Which mains in your experience have consistently performed the best?

Madame Amberly is too big

i only saw one person do the end jump once in like half a dozen games in papu's pyramid
i think i won all games without no one else finishing

you probably mistimed your boosts or clipped a wall

Electron Avenue is a fucking 11/10 map holy shit

i played a match where i was the only one who used the shortcut in tigers temple. guess people dont know it.

So what if I main Pura shut the fuck up he's really cool

NITRO KART CHARACTERS ARE SHIT

I go with all-rounder for that map. You can pretty easily stay in the middle with them, and if you make an adjustment to dodge the fans it doesn't mess you up too bad. Although in pic related I got a really good cycle and didn't need to.

Attached: ucNAKA98hzr-691V.webm (710x400, 2.94M)

i mained pura as a kid because he's cute and i liked tigers

>not liking CNK characters

Attached: 1561193190872.png (285x171, 150K)

"WHAAAAT? Everyone has an artificial speed boost dood, everyone online is cheating, why am I not that fast. Im doing everything right, this game is a piece of shit ACK ACK ACK"

Lads, I know this is a small complaint, but it triggers me every fucking time. Can we PLEASE get an option for the camera to REMEMBER that you like it from far away? Every time you enter a race, you need to set the camera "far away"

Beenox, please. My fucking autism forgets.

Attached: 1522827890079.png (276x266, 136K)

It's always fucking Coco or Tiny that's trying to come up on your ass.

Cheetah Pura is unironically one of the most kino skins.

welcome to the

Did he quit or something?

>Wanna see me win the race?
>Wanna see me do it again?

I just want to be able to disable the fucking toggle because I like it close and accidentally hit the trigger sometimes.

i read that as married, fuck

i think i raced you earlier, or at least someone using that komodo joe costume and a red kart

Oh thank god, it's not just me who hears that.
Oxide also sounds pretty weird, but that's what happens when you try and get a sound-alike.

BREAK OUT THE BUTTAH
AM GUNNA MAKE TOAST

If it was on switch it's possible

nah ps4
good taste in mains though

Based and cutepilled

My problem with Uka Uka is that John Dimaggio nailed him in the N.Sane trilogy. Who voices him in Nitro Fueled? Is Uka Uka just cursed to have shitty voices for Crash racing games?

>credits are still going
Holy shit

>married
i wish

>ND Crash
>marsupials and other animals from Australia and Indonesia vs evil scientists
>post ND Crash
>Aliens, goblins, evil mimes, boring evil Crash
It's terrible. Every single post Warped design sucks. It's like they forgot the main premise of the game.

Why does Dingodile love toast so much

Attached: db2yuod-f2092cf4-b023-4bf9-b1be-f94b8df7aa6d.png (924x721, 58K)

Are you air breaking around that turn?

There's nothing at the end, user. It's okay to skip it. Don't make the same mistake I did and sit through them all for nothing.

Attached: Time to hit the beach.jpg (962x725, 72K)

Partly the fault of Naughty Dog to even have the idea of space creatures be a thing in the Crash universe.

just skip them

You are right. I should draw him

Because, being australian, he needs to eat vegemite toast

...So, do you guys think that's the joke? They did it on purpose, perfectly recreating it?

lol i also was not aware of that shortcut

There's actually a Gex demo code hidden in that picture

uka uka sounded fine in the original crash team racing

youtu.be/4SyxCZq0KlY

>why is there no option to save customization options
I main coco and cortex and I always change the carts for both of them because a purple kart doesn’t go well with cortex’s yellow skin

Attached: D3C9807D-1E70-474D-A196-614DAEBCEDE0.jpg (640x640, 68K)

>uka uka sounded fine in the original crash team racing
Said no one ever. He sounded like Mr. Krabs

So what is the most fun track, lads?

Attached: 1560410007374.jpg (2400x1800, 645K)

I FUCKIKG SUCK

I CANT EVEN GET THE RELICS

I WILL NEVER 100% THIS

Attached: 1047 - c7OUZyV.png (900x900, 487K)

Just unlock one of his alt skins so you don't have to.
Purple kart mains wwa?

tiny temple is pretty nice, possible to maintain the blue flames even without going full autismo mode
in the original i liked blizzard bluff the most but im struggling with the fence shortcut super hard in NF

Real dead hours in game....

hey he sounded like his gravely deep voiced self

I think the issue is that he's acting uncharacteristically, not that the voice is bad.

Can USF stop in the air or not?

Yes

Yes, but it really shows how uncreative were the later teams working on this series. Instead of evil platypus or echidna we've got forgettable faggots that waste space.

>bandicoots have small talk with big norm and compliment each other
>cortex essentially tells him to fuck off
CNK was good for the character interactions at least

It's still John DiMaggio

i'm gonna say it

most of the cnk tracks suck

I'm gonna say it

You're fucking wrong

Based

The good ones though are really good

>crash bash
mein nigger

You are mistaken.

Nah you're just gay

i'm gonna say it

go back

and you suck

Could be shitty direction. Its kinda hard to hit the same voice you haven’t done in a while especially when you talk you don’t hear the same thing on your end because of your head echoing so you’re relaying on the director

So I've heard that the original character designers from the Naughty Dog days were working on CNK and also Tag Team Racing, designing some characters for these games. Is there any solid info on what characters were designed by them?
Cause to me certain CNK chars feel way more "Crash" than others, for example Nash, Norm and evek Krunk look very inspired, whereas real Velo, Zem and Zam look like they belong in a Skylanders game.

Attached: 1560009308813m.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

I didn't play og CNK and couldn't care less about their inclusion in the remake, but after achieving USF in Tiny Temple for 2 laps, holy fuck...

I like them because I never played cnk.

Something new for me. Not sure how they hold up after grinding them.

In the remake so far

>CTR
Blizzard Bluff

>CNK
Electron Avenue

Velo was 100% a Zembillas design.

The Crash Cove knock-off sucks, but all the other CNK tracks are fun to play.

I hope we're getting the podium animations during the grand prix.

Sewer Speedway somehow went from S-tier to D-tier. How did they fuck it up so bad?

The volcano island one is a bit rubbish but the rest are interesting, electron avenue is God tier

based as all hell

Not really.

pill hitboxes

Polar pass and Electron avenue no doubt

So did Thunder Struck. Those swinging spikes are too fucking big.

Attached: cc1551086332105.gif (462x503, 2.52M)

He sounded bad in the original too and his dialogue was too friendly. This is a prime example of something that should have been changed in the remake but instead, they went full retard with surfer Uka Uka.

Well, at least it's funny. Clancy Brown not even trying to match his previous Uka Uka voice is just sad. Speaking of which, why indeed did they not hire him for N. Sane Trilogy? He is alive, still doing voicework and is even more menacing than ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=GKrvTnh-GC0

>Zembillas
I just realized Zem is named after this guy
God I’m a fucking idiot

Electron Avenue, isn't even a question this map is just balls to the wall I fucking love it.
youtube.com/watch?v=DODqSEguW_4
The ones that don't have USF are kind of boring.

not a fun of the USF autism required on most cnk maps, doesnt help that most of them are long and i always enjoyed short and simple maps like crash cove, blizzard bluff and coco park the most

Local anime club is hosting a CTR:NF tournament in a few days. Do I show my autism with the tracks and USF them to death when I can or do I hold back?

>no purple worms
Shit track.
Beenox is a hack dev!

the physics aren't really in they use a lot of tricks and stuff to make it work rather than letting the physics do everything
for example the shortcut in sewer speedway can't be made typically, you need to fulfil some kind of trigger for the game to funnel you into it, rather than making it on pure physics alone

Sewer speedway is worst for it because there was another guy pointing out how the game kind of artificially sticks you to it's walls, meaning you can't leap around a lot and grind the walls and bounce off them you either stick or you don't and you crash and loose your reserves or some shit

He’s expensive to get on. He didn’t even voice spongebob games for a while.

et your autism shine

>outskilled by the entire lobby
Did matchmaking finally kick in?

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt like the sewer speedway shortcut felt oddly scripted. Every other shortcut in the game seems to still rely on physics like before but this one is the special exception.

how do you do the relics?

i seem to get most the boxes and still come up short

do you always use a speed character?

>shortcut is fucking ruined
>very wonky collision on the edges of the half pipe
>drifting on pipe walls kills your speed
press f

I don't understand how it is scripted. What is the trigger? All I do is hop off the edge of the pipe without being at any sort of angle and it's fine.

Papu's temple when it comes to shortcut shenanigans, Electron Avenue for going FAST

>lobby picks hot air skyway 3 times in the session
>dnf them all 3 times

Attached: 1536917431584.png (1000x928, 128K)

on some maps (at least turbo track, slide coliseum and tiny arena, probably more) you can focus more on just driving fast instead of trying to collect all the boxes
i missed 10 in tiny arena and still beat the platinum time with almost 10 seconds

It just feels kinda automated, Mostly due to the way it just shoots you really high up arbitrarily when it does decide to work when the original never did it that hard.

Not sure if each track has different payouts or what, I've came 1st and 2nd some times and barely get 100 other times I can come in 6th and get a whopping 400 coins

Attached: 2fast.webm (512x470, 2.77M)

Okay my thumb is fucking numb and in pain every time I press gas. How2fix....

has anyone documented the Pit Stop rotation? it seems like when you buy a skin, the skin that would have been the next one in the rotation comes up, i just want Ripper Roo's pit stop skin

Isn't it a bit odd that with slight angle adjustment it jumps you to the moon and other times you cant even jump over a fire hydrant

Use Sacred Fire for the Blizzard Bluff shortcut. It makes it so much easier

I've come to like Otto Uka. I like to imagine that after the events of Warped, Uka Uka had enough if this shit and took up a new life as a surfboard

Shiba Crash is so cute

My left thumb got fucked by the D-pad.
Also index fingers feel funny.

i wish they put them in on adventure mode.

It's a fake shortcut, getting there with speed acquired from riding on the pipe should be easy but it's not. Meanwhile, start from zero in front of it and you'll get there no problem.

>race online
>leave traps on shortcuts
>run into them yourself the next lap because no one else uses them
At least I still win effortlessly. Guess I'm stuck hiding bottles inside wumpa crates

Pretend to be at their skill level then swoop in for the win at every opportunity

Any idea if N Trance can be bought? I bought every other character but he wouldn't show up in the character spot. Could be that he was already in the package with beach dingo.

Is there acompilation of the glitches people have encoutnered online? (preferably without some chode talking over it). It looks funny as hell.

i could do that shortcut in my sleep on the original, in NF i have like 10% success rate
apparently its all about the angle which you approach it from

who /always4thonline/ here?

FUCK THE SEWER SPEEDWAY SHORTCUT GODDAMN IT FUUUUUUUUUUCK WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD

WHAT IS THE SECRET

IT SEEMS TOTALLY RANDOM

I've noticed this sort of inauthentic physics too, like how you can bump into an object and it looks like you've stopped and lost all your speed for a sec then you clip through and have all your speed back

>Current best time on Hot Air Skyway is about 2 minutes and 40 seconds
I know there are better out there, but goddamnit I'm improving

Attached: 1558123425395.png (500x500, 147K)

i played like 10 hours of online in the weekend and never had worse result as being third, kek

Check on twitch, at least a couple guys actually play it how it's supposed to be played, it's satisfying to watch while I have to wait for my housemate's copy to arrive in order to try it.
t. PC fag

you can buy him and he's also in the current beach pack. Dunno why coco's beach outfit isn't on that pack tho

Wish the game would show global records

>inauthentic
>artificial
>scripted

you could almost say... soulless

Attached: 1556486113669.jpg (720x720, 47K)

He doesn’t show up in normal character rotation. I know because it was sold out before he came up. Summer bundle bud.

For those struggling with the Blizzard Bluff shortcut it's worth mentioning you should only attempt it while holding SF (Sacred Fire).
It makes it so much easier!
Video demonstration:

youtu.be/n2yK8mcg9Mk

>all records show the time 00:00
I wish there were personal stats that showed how many races and how many wins in each mode

don't you start

who the hell plays as big norm

So how many good tracks do we have now? I see a lot of people complaining about Sewer Speedway, I wonder if it was that way on the demos

Learn the new shortcut on Electron Avenue, it'll make your life easier.

People who play as Wario in MK

>me and another eggbro are neck and neck with a huge lead
>we both try to do the sewer speedway shortcut at the same time and we both barely miss it
>we turn our karts around and look each other in the face
>i blast him with a cannonball and leave him in the dust
sorry eggbro you know i had to do it to ya

used to be my favorite track, but the shortcut is really weird and I can barely do it anymore because if you don't go there in a "correct" random way, you won't get high enough even with a boost or mask

What if with global records you could also watch/race their ghost to dissect if they cheated the run

that one's easy
the fence hop is the real cancer

That would be cool. But I don't think any game will do this

imo only sewer speedway is butchered when compared to original
also the relic races are annoying as fuck on most maps because i feel like jump height is really inconsistent and i continuously go over or under a crate

So you know how you don't gain speed down hill anymore? I can't help but shake this feeling that it was intended to come back after what happened this morning. Was doing a relic race with papu on Roo's Tubes and after landing on an incline just right, I suddenly went to top speed, like burying the needle top speed. So it's still kinda there? It's strange.

Well, Yea Forums?

Attached: cocostume.png (609x839, 15K)

in roo's tubes you definietly gain speed on the downhill section, at least if you jump there

I just got the game
What's the fastest way to unlock Papu-papu

Beat him in Adventure mode

Exactly what's in that image

Yeah it's there, it just works really fucking weird now.

I got it on Roo's Tubes during the big drop in the middle but it worked best if I jumped early and kinda hugged the slope on the way down (I guess gravity kicks in really hard if you do this.) Makes you go fast as shit for a half a second.

Cresting is still in, sure enough. Double bounce as well.

The only way is playing aventure mode and beat him.

beat him in adventure. Classic mode is easier than racing against a wet dog shit but standard adventure on hard mode is challenging enough if you're a veteran

Adorable.

Adventure mode isn't that long. Play the Nitro fueled mode (where you unlock bosses by beating them) win the minimum amount of races to get to the lost ruins and race him there.

Cool, thanks

Attached: 1553632835470.jpg (790x844, 77K)

I forget what it's called, ghost speed or something, but yeah some slopes can convert the gravity effect into horizontal speed for some reason.

Attached: dirty.webm (1280x720, 2.42M)

Attached: Naughty.png (670x871, 732K)

Starting to wonder if the game was actually supposed to be even more accurate but they didn't have time to fully implement it all. Hopefully future patches can iron it out.

God this game looks ugly, just like the trilogy.

There's a general up, user, already.

you get him pretty early on

That's CNK from 2003. Based retard.

Attached: 1560488529180.png (1280x1143, 325K)

Having ghosts for the top n online times of each track to optionally race against in time trial would be cool

>Anime club
You might not be the only turbo-autist there

Nitro-Fueled has much better lighting than N. Sane Trilogy.

>can't just retry the time trial to automatically face tropy and oxide's ghost
please fix this, it makes 100%ing time trial far more tedious.

>grinding for Six Pipes + Princess Coco
>game crashes
>boot it up again
>no items missing, but when I go into the Pit Stop I have zero coins
Well, that's fucking nice. Why does this game crash so much?

Are there Team N Trance skins for Polar, Dile and Pura?

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-24-uk-charts-crash-team-racing-puts-the-bandicoot-back-at-no-1

>The revamped racing game launched at No.1, and enjoyed the second highest week one sales in the history of the franchise (the record-holder, of course, is the N Sane Trilogy).

>It's actually the third best launch of the year so far, behind Sony's Days Gone and another remake, Resident Evil 2. It outsold the next biggest game of the week, FIFA 19, by almost eight times as many copies.

>Crash Team Racing also far outsold rival title Team Sonic Racing, with more than four times as many copies sold in week one.

Attached: 1561128750412.png (1630x1222, 199K)

Yeah they kinda dropped the ball with TSR, honestly. It's almost like Sega themselves wanted nothing to do with it either. At least we have Mania for the time being I suppose.

Attached: 1560503650588.jpg (399x399, 19K)

god dragon mines still sucks dog dick after 20 years

Attached: 1548136778661.jpg (852x480, 74K)

>get missiled literally around 10 times before midway point of hot air skyway
FUCK OFF MISSILENIGGERS

Wooden spiral is a boner killer.

Also the shortcut is aids.

AAAAAAA WHY DOESN'T THIS FUCKING GAME STOP CRASHING.

I just lost all my save data out if nowhere, all unlockables except pit stop shit was deleted. Even my 101% data is still there but bosses are locked.AAHHHHH

It's called Crash Team Racing dude, come on now
You should have expected this

Why is the online so dead? Did no one buy this game?

Do speed characters move faster with USF? It feels like they do.
Also, do some tracks generally have faster kart move speeds, because it also feels like they do.

>get CLOCK'd when attempting the blizzard bluff river shortcut on first two laps
>on the last lap eat a warp ball so cannot even attempt it
>still win with over 10 seconds

Attached: 1560235992719.png (695x515, 25K)

they keep getting curbstomped by pros

If you're playing on Xbox, that's your own fault.

I think there is some optimization to be done since it sometimes takes so long to find other players

>Also the shortcut is aids.
Just megaturn in, froggy through and jump off at your earliest convenience, megaturning again on the way out if you need to. Don't try to drift while in there. If you do it well you won't even lose SF.

Also, if you drive at the very edge of the tracks the trains won't hit you. IIRC this didn't work in the original.

No.
I don't know but that would be weird.

Can I just play on easy to do all the crystal challenges for the trophy?

I really can't be fucked to try on medium, these tasks are so cancerous

whose ass did you pull this out of?

>finish race
>game crashes
>boot it up again
>finish race again in a different circuit
>game crashes
This is getting ridiculous now.

Nah, I'm on PS4. It rarely finds a full lobby.

>lose race
>use crash exploit to crash the winner
DEVILISH

probably?

>use crash exploit to crash the winner
Nani

Really? I have been getting tons of full lobbies. I usually only play at like 3-4 AM though.

>lose race
oh no no no no

>used to getting 1st place every match
>get DNF'd for the first time
holy hell how fast was that crunch going
i was 2nd yet i was like 40 sec behind him

Where are you from, user? I'm on ps4 and find games full/instantly

i dont even see the option to change difficulty

i dont think the times change anyway

UK

Yes, you can, and even then some tracks are hard.

whats this meme
i found full games on xbox all weekend long

Not for me, insta full on PS4.

dunno how the crystal challenges are changed on difficulty, I played on classic and the whole adventure was way too easy. Only challenges I couldn't do on the first try were the crystal shits, but they didn't take long either

I'm a bong user, no idea what's happening with you then. Literally takes seconds for me to find a full game.

>finally unlock the UFO kart after that hellish Nitros Oxide rematch
>the hurtbox is bigger because it's wide as fuck
>it looks great but I'm probably gimping myself, so it's just good for showing off online

pain; do karts even work that way, the smaller the better?

Attached: 1552769106704.jpg (172x159, 11K)

>"Why yes, I main Fake Crash, how did you know?"

Attached: 1558093398942.jpg (500x500, 26K)

it's Yea Forums law to hate xbox, at least from what I've heard.

all karts have the same hurtbox
it just looks bigger

>"Well... I main Coco."

Attached: aince.jpg (170x251, 8K)

All carts have the same hitbox as the UFO so the UFO should actually be the easiest kart to use because you can actually see your dimensions.

im 100% sure the carts actually have the same hitboxes, it would be extremely retarded otherwise
this might also explain why it feels like im sometimes hitting thin air with the smaller karts

>all these people salty at Coco players because they're bad

>buy the nitrous oxide version because I thought "ah what the hell, It's ctr and everything looked fine so I'll get the more expensive with exclusive shit and dlc season pass whatever"
>turns out all I got was shit I would've already unlocked by normal means in the game
20€ well spent. At least I got some more nintendie coins

Attached: trash boogie.png (330x305, 31K)

honestly literally every single coco player i saw in the weekend was super bad
im convinced all of them are some 12 yo girls who dont know how to turbo boost

How does the back of my car look like?

same

I want Crunch to do things to me!

>boot the game up again after another crash
>enter Pit Stop
>hey, coins are back
>close the game and make a backup save just in case
>boot up again
>coins are gone
What the fuck is this? Schrödinger's Coin?

remove the fucking clock weapon

The skins and purple and gold paint are exclusive, so it's not just early unlocks. There's that, I guess.

Fascinating how Tiny players make up 13% of the playerbase but fire off 50% of the rockets and bombs

Which platform is better, Switch or PS4

I have nso if that matters

There's no way to unlock the space theme suits. For now.

Switch has awful load times from what I'm hearing.

Has anyone experienced save corruption and lost their shit? I had n-trophy and golden kart taken from me

>comfortable 10 second lead on the guy who is second
>get CLOCK'ed right before some shortcut so cant take it
>the guy who was second has time to build up speed for the shortcut after clock ends
>suddenly he is first

Attached: 1559181476889.jpg (1000x1000, 137K)

>All platinum relics obtained
>All Oxide's ghosts defeated
>Hard mode complete
>Game crashed twice during adventure mode but no save file corruptions
>Had no issues whatsoever when playing online
I made it bros. Life is good.

>main coco
>everyone thinks it'll be an easy race
>mfw I win with an half a lap lead
This, same with the mario kart thunder. They don't help the last guy at all and it is nothing more than an annoyance for every other guy
I hate the space suits and they are definietly not worth even 20 zimbabwe bucks

Not yet but Im gonna start backing up my save files

that looks like n.trance

Assuming you mentioning you hav nso means you don't have ps+ get it on swtich. No sense purposefully cucking yourself out of online..

It's god awful on all platforms.

can somebody edit that picture to be like a purple blotchy skin like ntrance

Any love for this literal madman?
Am I the only one who uses him?

Attached: roo.png (311x290, 64K)

yes, and I don't know about ps4 but the amount of motion blur is unbelievable. You can't make out the CTR tokens from the background and it's hard to tell normal crates from tnt crates

>Why yes, my favourite character is Ripper Roo, my favourite track is Roo's Tubes and my favourite song is Roo's Tubes, how could you tell?

Attached: eDQvTAB.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

On my pro the loading times are bearable

Or, at least, add a visual cue and 2 seconds charging effect to indicate when the slow down is going to happen.

Even that isn't fully foolproof, I'm pretty sure coins are saved on a server or something, which explains why you can't get any offline.

the new voice actor is horrible

I use him for slide coliseum and other hard turn tracks

Ripper Roo is gr8, but handling characters suck. It's only Penta for me.

Why does it take so long to load different cart types and other customization? Almost feels like the game loads them from cloud or something.

How is laughing like a manic worse that the original?

>why yes, i vote random every round, how can you tell?

Attached: 1552894889477.jpg (974x1200, 114K)

fine as it is

Attached: 64621361-703B-4733-A21F-CA786210729D.png (880x334, 25K)

i want it

i suck so i cant get the relics and shit

wish i could just buy it

>not getting bonus coins after daily reset
what the fuck beenox

Attached: 1552857322295.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

>"Why yes, I do leave the lobby if there are 3 CNK tracks on the vote, what gave it away?"

Attached: 1534214457179.jpg (125x125, 2K)

That's the most idiotic choice possible, if the majority votes Random but there's one track with at least one vote that one will show up everytime.

Maybe you have a bad connection or simply bad luck, it happened me with MK8D too despite it being full of players sometimes I would end up on empty lobbies.

The reset doesn't happen when the shop refreshes?

If you're holding more than 4k you get the shaft.

>yfw enters your lobby

Attached: Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled_20190624222523.png (3840x2160, 3.54M)

God... How do I gitgud at relics?
I keep missing the boxes every fucking time and I always fuck up my run.
I have to use certain characters don't I?

Fuck me, that's a nice skin. Is that the one for beating all the Oxide ghosts?

Attached: 1561180087528.png (1040x1172, 206K)

We will never get an A B S O L U T E L Y C R A Z Y track based on the Future levels of Warped, will we?

how hard is it to unlock N. Tropy? I've done one or two time trials and they seemed pretty hard but

the one with the speed ramp. that ones easy to do.

Attached: ahegaocoot.png (450x450, 92K)

You type like an absolute faggot, so chances are you're just bad.

Add smug Coco sticker to truly flex on casuals.

This guy vs vanilla crash with the default blue kart

Who wins?

i have no idea how but i beat one of these guys earlier

what the shit is that new? because it hasn't happened before
how the hell am I supposed to farm coins for grand prix now.

Why don't you say that to my face faggot?

Attached: kR8jKSg.jpg (680x383, 14K)

You dont

So what’s this I’m hearing about a Switch exclusive game mode?

>Force crashes you

Attached: 74563.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>geary? of course i main him

Attached: giga chad ms paint3.jpg (830x1024, 70K)

so what's the trick to keeping blue fire? besides not hitting a wall or anything
I heard that it stays the longest on the 3rd lap because you've built up reserves but it always seems to end early for me

It’s not too bad but it some track knowledge is necessary

You need to look at getting platinum relics as a puzzle more than a racer, more for some maps than others. All boxes is your priority so don't be afraid to go slow to make sure you get them, and in some cases going really slow to get 2 or 3 boxes in one area so you can blitz through it on future laps can be advantageous.
I wouldn't say N. Tropy ghosts are too hard. If you can master powersliding alone and timing perfect turbos over turbo pads, keeping SF up you shouldn't really have any trouble at all. Some of the CNK maps are actually perfect practice for that with more difficult turns than Coco Park but with no USF so you really focus on keeping SF up as much as you can.
bahaha probably the vanilla default crash considering I only play crash and not n. tropy :^)

For me, it's beach Dingodile

It ends early because you're not boosting properly. You don't want 'Good' boosts, they're completely pointless, you need Perfect ones to build reserves.

>2 players afk at the start of sewer speedway
>"huh, that's strange"
>2nd lap
>they fire 6 missiles at me from spawn as soon as i go near the finish line
G fucking G lmao

>"Why yes, I did get the physical copy"

Attached: file.png (465x463, 132K)

aaaaaa when is beach coco gonna be on the pitstop

My fucking nigger. Been maining him since the original CTR.

The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes he sounds like a Rabbid.

Attached: 1534106500375.png (557x605, 227K)

>”well... uhm... I’m gonna main Tawna.... yeah...”

Attached: 56A1478D-1E99-485C-82CF-1479EFC8F765.jpg (320x427, 28K)

absolutely based

Based and cleanpilled

>incel
Well I know who I’m maining.

Attached: A2F1F3A0-B5F8-4958-BF1A-777749320869.png (495x474, 231K)

>timing perfect turbos over turbo pads

wait what? I had no idea that was a thing, 100%'d medium too, fuck

I haven't played CNK but I'm loving the guy. His podium animation never fails to amuse me.

It's the most consistent way to enter SF. You can build up reserves and go over a turbo pad without turboing to enter SF but may also drop out of SF very quickly doing so if you don't continue a turbo chain. Whereas you can hit a single perfect turbo from a turbo pad from still and start building reserves straight away if you can also continue chaining combos.

Attached: 1561295516116.png (801x599, 657K)

>Why, a wahaoahBpfffpPFDPFFF yes, of course I main default Crash with default kart, why do you ask? Woah."

Attached: 1561370953238.jpg (820x939, 167K)

>that one guy who stays in the lobby after destroying everyone else
>still sticking around after multiple long leads
>end up waiting at the line for him at each lap until he catches up
>give him the wins a few times

Attached: 1561020236224.gif (400x300, 715K)

Wasn't it supposed to come on PC too? I've played sanic racing a fair bit.

>shoot a blue orb
>it travels all the way down the tiger temple hallway and hits the racer on the other end
holy fuck

Hello Beenox if you see this, make N. Tropy available to simply buy from the pit stop, even if it costs a huge amount.

Nobody has time to unlock him the normal way.

by blue orb i mean blue energy shield

if you dont main penta i feel sorry for you

That shit is way worse than the blue shell.

my condolences

Attached: 1560912973638.png (906x624, 292K)

Tiny's face on the right i my mfw

Please tell me it's fake holy shit

Attached: 1533745105393.jpg (1024x574, 65K)

Hi, Beenox here, please git gud.

I don't think that's necessary in the remake. You can just drive over a turbo pad and as long as you start doing powerslides before the turbo pad's SF runs out you'll keep it.

It's fantastic how Activision has denied rats like you their chance to purchase instant gratification. Best timeline.

Someone post the video of the chink guy destroying Electron Avenue with Tiny. I really need to try and git gud at that track.

lol

>Penta ACTUALLY says penguinyayone
The people who made this game are absolute madmen

youtube.com/watch?v=iPtlyKj8B30

I meant the racing evolved, haven't played this one.

whatever you do, don't check now. it's even lower.

it's too based user

So Yea Forums is CTR better than mario kart or is it just riding on everyone’s nostalgia?

That's a fucking Bilby

Is there any reason NOT to use speed characters now that Mid Air U-Turning was so buffed? Well, All rounders can probably still compete cause they're only slightly slower, but it's still insane how much this remake changed the meta.

WHY TRY? MACHINES ALWAYS WIN

As someone who didn't even grow up on CTR, I do find it better, yes. There's just more to it in terms of how you race.

USF should be just as fast for everyone, so it's not as big of a deal as you might imagine. Though speed characters will probably still win out on all but some tiny handful of tracks where the USF is right at the beginning, and might win out in general if the old wisdom of "less turning => easier snaking" holds true.

I haven't had this much fun with a game for a long time brehs, even better with bro-op too

roughly 5 times better unironically, and I've never even played the original
Mario Kart is so basic and braindead after playing this

Attached: 1490762991801.gif (140x140, 904K)

All the speedgamers are going to be using speed characters exclusively, because they are superior on tracks without blue fire. The air turning is absolutely bonkers.

Do you like going fast? Do you like games with high skillcap? Do you think race should be about more than just the items you pull out of crates?
If yes, then you'll probably find CTR better. except for the last one in multiplayer, because everyone pulls the CTR equivalent of blue shells constantly

The remake might just be the fastest racing game after F-Zero, period. Seriously, look at this stuff. It's way faster than even the original, which was already pretty fast. youtube.com/watch?v=rCmDYmYA4bY

HOW THE FUCK DO I HANDLE THIS BIT AAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (1287x670, 1.12M)

What if the turbo killer walls were an attempt to balance the buffed USF?

it has one of the best soundtracks at least, yet to determine if i can tolerate the fans or not as ive only played it once, it seems to never show up online

Tap brake before you turn so you don’t hit the wall then drift straight

i just hopped on top of a crash's head who had uka uka activated and rode him holy fuck how did i do that and how did i not take damage

Could that be Tropys texture loaded over "King chicken" from the data mine or am I being a retard

How the fuck do you pull this off? I'm using Nash which has a better turning yet I still can't perform those mid-air u-turns as smoothly and consistently without losing USF. These videos are seriously depressing since even though I've beaten all of Oxide's ghosts I realize that I'm nowhere near the top and I'm going to get my ass handed to me online by anyone that can maintain USF like this. It's no coincidence that the top 3 tracks where I suck the most are Electron Avenue, Thunder Struck and Deep Sea Driving. Fuck maintaining USF through all of these tracks.

How are acceleration characters? I'm a brainlet so I don't understand the stat well.

They're probably resetting a lot until they get a good run and you'll be able to stop them with items

No one is going to be doing wr stuff in an online match lol

How do I take corners too tight for drifting? I've seen speed characters do 90 degree turns or more while super fast.

Also how do you reliably drift? Half the time when I hop it doesn't enter into a slide.

>0:46

What the fuck?

Do you have some footage so I could give tips?

like fortnite but free

>Tap brake
Gay, just u-turn that shit.

Really good over bumps/jumps, they just lose less speed over trivial shit and it adds up. They can also chain boosts in straights better than all-around characters can without hitting the wall.

Attached: 1544165810364.jpg (3000x3000, 2.02M)

now imagine it to people like me user who can't even beat tropy, let alone oxide

Attached: 1553835469864.png (416x402, 92K)

What does the 'N' stand for?

Attached: 1561328882533.png (389x319, 254K)

Can you earn coins in singleplayer yet, or do you still get 20 coins per singleplayer/600 coins per multiplayer race?

Attached: 1510143737215.jpg (374x347, 39K)

Bikini

Nightmare.

"Not like this."

look at all the other characters awkwardly looking away like he's the retard at a party or something

Attached: 1521029085221.gif (193x200, 2.2M)

This
All the world record holders about to be btfo by a clock

post chad mains

Attached: fake crash.jpg (257x228, 9K)

So are they the best class?

Coins are drastically higher from online. See However keep in mind apparently the multiplier is no longer 10x.

Drifting you have to make sure you’re jumping into the drift and aren’t just going straight. As for the sharp turns it’s u turning jump then press square and move your fingers to the directional buttons to press left/right and back try it on hot air skyway.

It was called "ultra ghost" or "mega turn" or whatever in the original. youtu.be/b3y0vo3A1EY?t=355

It works both in the air and on the ground (in the same Turbo Track location as showcased in that video). Hold back + left/right + square, LET GO OF X, and spam jump. You can press all these buttons at the same time pretty much, so you don't need to wait until you're off the ground before pressing square. Letting go of X doesn't actually decrease your speed at all as long as you have reserves, so don't worry about it until your reserves start running out.

It works the exact same way in the air except obviously you don't need to spam jump there. Just make sure you let go of square before you land and stop doing the tech or you'll instantly lose your reserves. However, if you constantly spam jump you can just hold square all the way through. Letting go of back is less important; it won't instantly drain your reserves or speed, but it does seem to slow you down somewhat if you keep it held down. Holding back is very important, because if you don't, the direction of your momentum won't change so if you do a full 180° you'll end up moving backwards and killing your speed.

Turbo Track is a good place to practice this, but in the remake it's a highly important tech for nearly every track and you'll need to get decent at doing a fast single-jump mega turn in certain sections.

I should also mention that the observations in this post are anecdotal, I haven't extensively tested it or anything to figure out the exact mechanics, just enough to see what works. Try it out yourself and find out what works for you.

Also play on the D-pad or this tech will be a big pain in the ass to do. You need to input so many extremeties in this game that analog sticks just can't compete.

>Holding back is very important, because if you don't, the direction of your momentum won't change so if you do a full 180° you'll end up moving backwards and killing your speed.
I should add that there's a funny quirk with this game where if you do a mid-air U-turn by only holding square (not back) you'll keep traveling on your original trajectory until you let go of square, which is when your momentum will almost instantly change towards your kart's facing. I'm not sure if it's useful for any track, but who knows, it could be.

Here are my Oxide-defeating time trials in the three tracks that I mentioned are my weakest:
youtube.com/watch?v=_sRsbZBnajU
youtube.com/watch?v=gZDtx76JuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=1wQCR9EqLSc
The pipe section in Deep Sea Driving is hell, I feel like that one is pure RNG. I can never see those spinning blades early enough to react to them properly and if they're in the middle I have to dodge into the walls and lose USF (if I even have the time to react, that is). So far my best strategy for this track is just to hope for the best. If the blades were removed this would easily be one of my favorites in the game, now it's one of my least favorites.

In Thunder Struck I very often screw up the mid-air u-turn at 0:26 and I have no idea how you're supposed to maintain USF from 0:33 onward. Dodging those spinning things is insane. Also that turning section at 0:50 can go fuck itself.

Crash, Cortex, Tiny Tiger, Pinstripe, N. Tropy, Komodo Joe

Going by your Electron Avenue footage your problem with the mid air U-turn is that you're not holding back.

Attached: 1560938049059.png (480x449, 274K)

I'm about to rip my balls off trying to get a consistent setup for the Sewer Speedway shortcut. Of course I figured out a method in the first game before NF released and it doesn't translate over at all.

Attached: terryadavisquote.png (900x454, 140K)

One million hours in paint

Attached: 1561369503856.png (609x839, 19K)

This is crazy.
What’s with all these terms, this is just a kart racing game.
Why do i feel like this is a competitive racing game.

youtube.com/watch?v=NuLRBxjD-M8
>fastest, most consistent way to enter Crash Cove shortcut seems to be to projectile (double jump) into it
Maybe this works for Sewer Speedway too?

Where's the art of the bandisluts? Or has the world been fully corrupted by common decenncy?

I love her so much

Attached: LizWitch(C).png (1080x1568, 195K)

Time trial and speedrunner techniques.

When you play on Hard, go after the platinum relics and try to beat Tropy's and Oxide's ghosts on time trial you'll understand.

it's overwhelming, don't worry user. just try and do your best.

>this is just a kart racing game
>just a kart racing game
youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

What is this outfit called?

weird, I had a feeling the ship jump 'shortcut' wasn't that good

I don't know I let my dick do the thinking

Literally me. I get drunk and stay in the lobby no matter what, and I'm the worst fucking player ever. I just enjoy the visuals and the boosting mechanic (whenever I can use it right). Don't know a single shortcut or care really.

I wouldn't say holding back is super important for u-turning with an air brake that big, the froggying method is much more powerful on the ground, but honestly I've never personally been able to pull it off. I prefer to just slide around whatever I can.
Gonna try a character with the same stats myself now but I already linked my video a bit earlier. It looks like you're a bit uncomfortable taking tighter turns (which might just be the character, which is why I'll give it a try now). You could try thinking about where you're going to be in 3 seconds when initiating a powerslide, and whether that's a position you want to be in or not.

you sound based af user

She needs more art

Attached: tags.png (143x63, 2K)

Megumi wins

Attached: 1561278064279.png (758x926, 488K)

Not holding back is why ends up going backwards and then suddenly accelerating forwards when he does the skip at youtu.be/_sRsbZBnajU?t=32 . It's very important, it'll save a good second or two off of that section alone. He also does a mid-air U-turn at about 1:00 which slows him down a lot because he doesn't hold back.

Most of the people are using Speed characters in online, while I'm still being a Pura autist. I guess low handling stats are a meme at this point and I should switch to speed.

Attached: 1554539958097.png (584x575, 242K)

I swear, if air turning is nerfed someone is gonna die.

psssh, nothin personnel kid

Attached: 3mrxk9k4.png (207x89, 4K)

what is that face trying to convey?
no really, please. I need to know. it's making me feel funny

>It looks like you're a bit uncomfortable taking tighter turns
Definitely, by far my biggest weakness in the game. I'm very happy with my playing in levels that don't require u-turning but in USF u-turn levels I get fucked.

They would have to be morons to touch the driving mechanics in any way beyond fixing bugs like getting your reserves stolen. They've got lighting in a bottle here, they actually fucking improved the original.

If there's one thing I think they should change it's that stats should be tied to karts, not characters. That way people could keep using their favourite character without compromising stats. It would go well together with the big roster and extra customization.

Attached: polar_pass_stolen_reserves.webm (853x480, 2.75M)

Nah, styling on people with specific characters is part of the charm.

Oh well at least i'm not a liz fag

>beat all n-tropy times
>he travels forward in time and corrupts my save file, negating all those previous wins in the past

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

>yes I do main default skin Crash how can you tell?

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 32K)

aviator Crash is patrician

Yeah, but not locking characters to categories is a safeguard against players whining that some characters are "unviable" and Beenox caving in to them and fucking the game up. The last thing I want is being forced to play offline on the launch version because they fuck up and try to balance the different character classes between each other and remove infinite USF.

I'm talented :)

Attached: thing 3.jpg (609x839, 85K)

enjoy

Attached: kek.png (609x839, 13K)

This with hovercraft kart

This. Normal Crash is boring as hell but aviator is one of my favorite skins in the entire game.

>webm
you see those Good boosts? They give shit reserves which get burnt faster than you can build them.
also no jump boosts and extremely unlucky with that collision

no

>islamqa.info/en/answers/153367/does-the-girl-who-wears-hijab-have-to-cover-her-feet

Attached: fixed.png (609x839, 13K)

I collide with some invisible jaggie in that webm that steals what's left of my reserves AND kills my speed instantly. Blue flame sputtering out is different.

Attached: side_of_track_steals_reserves.webm (853x480, 2.13M)

Wait, so characters in the same class slightly different?

Shit, is it time to force these again? It's barely been eight hours.

Attached: hot_air_beenox.webm (853x480, 2.95M)

red spandex/10

I don't think you reserves were stolen there, it's just lap 1/3 so it's barely built up

Pinstripe main here. Git gud bitch and stop losing to a rat

he's a potoroo

I'm not disagreeing with you but it you're asking me I think it's the most advanced bit of tech in CTR and was extremely difficult to pull off, especially on the ground. Air braking without holding down is the first thing to master at the moment before moving on to also holding down just because of how much it affects your trajectory.
I kinda feel the two are related though. U-turning is such a sharp and sudden movement that will inherently bring you closer to objects. Not only that but sticking to walls shaves off more time than any perfect u-turn will (not keeping USF excluded). Another thing you can try working on is building reserves around corners/straights. Don't forget you can hop a couple of times (doesn't need to be froggying but isn't as fast as froggying) to reset yourself if you find yourself in a bad angle/taking a corner poorly. I'll try upload a webm soon or in the next thread.

>>everyone thinks it'll be an easy race
how do you know? did you ask them?

Attached: 1561369503856 (1) - Copy.png (609x839, 20K)

>do the barrier hop at the end of hot air skyway
>this time it oddly counts me as going out of bounds and cucks me out of winning
fuck you uka uka

>I think it's the most advanced bit of tech in CTR and was extremely difficult to pull off, especially on the ground.
Fair enough. I always found it pretty easy, and the timing in the remake isn't nearly as tight as in the original. Unlike in the original where it's only useful for a handful of tracks, in the remake it's THE tech for a good majority of the tracks, especially when playing speed characters. If you're advanced enough to be learning to hold USF for entire laps, you should be learning this tech too.

It's tough on your thumbs though. My left thumb is sore as fuck, and there's a painful hard lump on my middle finger where I hold the controller on the opposite side because I need to mash the d-pad with such precision, which results in me using more force than is strictly necessary.

>Nobody has time
Ironic

I'll definitely be using it a lot more that's for sure. Some maps like N. Gin labs don't really need it though unless you want to shave off like 1.5 seconds I guess.

>turning
:*(

>Some maps like N. Gin labs don't really need it though unless you want to shave off like 1.5 seconds I guess.
It's useful pretty much everywhere where you need to turn steeply. On N. Gin Labs it lets you skirt the edges of the ascending ramps after the barrel rolling section and handle the turns before and after the finish line while maintaining USF. Shaves a lot more than 1.5 seconds too.

That said I find it better to figure out a working route for the track first, only using mega turn where I absolutely need to, and once I have a good route I'll start working in mega turn to optimize corners further.

Slide and turbo track are set in that future

A friend of mine loves using him.

I'm a Papu-Papu freak.

t-thanks...

Attached: 62351086_489908248416567_5760575197829106234_n.jpg (1080x609, 110K)