Has youtube always been shit for gaming videos? I feel like it's gotten worse lately

Has youtube always been shit for gaming videos? I feel like it's gotten worse lately.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XU0FiFG_tXw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSB9SZvtP2I
youtube.com/watch?v=fHsa9DqmId8
youtube.com/watch?v=wBe13StTKaM
youtu.be/dbn-QDttWqU
youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1xPOUn7vQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TrScy1icWjI
youtu.be/LnjSWPxJxNs?t=74
youtube.com/watch?v=DLbkVPXxNTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah I only watch streamers now
youtube.com/watch?v=XU0FiFG_tXw

the most popular ones are usually shit because they're more interested in building their online persona. you can still find a lot of no commentary videos, or people who just like to play games and don't overdo anything else.

>Has youtube always been shit for gaming videos?
No.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSB9SZvtP2I

More detail in games doesn't gel well with low bitrate and will look like shit. Games with a lot of foliage or particle effects look especially terrible because of it

and just what the fuck is a knuckle

But how are you supposed to find those videos if YouTube's algorithm pushes the more popular videos?

It's the fault of changes in how Youtube's recommendation algorithm works
youtube.com/watch?v=fHsa9DqmId8

tldr: making lowest common denominator clickbait bullshit is the only way to actually get anywhere on the platform anymore

watch smaller gaming events, talk to people and you might get recommendations from them, search and sort the results by upload date or just scroll past the most popular ones at the top

i agree it's kind of a problem though, i don't really look for new content on youtube much anymore.

The problem isn't how the algorithm works, it's how the pleb masses respond to clickbait. More complete fucking retards on the internet, more garbage videos get popular.

>make the best youtube video ever
>don't upload again for a few weeks and your next video doesn't get recommended
well that's horse shit.

It's both, it's the fact that the community is like that and also on Youtube for designing the system to prey on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBe13StTKaM
Youtube recommended me this for some reason

B R I N G B A C K T H E F U C K I N ' Q U A A L U D E S

It's not "preying" on them any more than TV ratings "prey" on TV viewers.

Things that drive more clicks, i.e., things that appeal more to the masses, will become more popular.

Who in the fuck has EVER cared about youtube recommendations, anyway? I watch a few dozen actual channels, they all put out videos every few weeks because they actually put effort into their content, and I have no desire to sift through whatever Youtube thinks I'm going to like, because their algorithm has never been good enough to get it right.

You're acting like this shit was good at some point in the past, it never was.

YouTube recommendations are getting really weird. I've been getting a lot of really creepy kid videos recommended on everything, like I could be listening to an album and not a single recommended video from it is music related but some video with a Russian name and a kid as the thumbnail.

It is though, the system cares about clicks more than anything else.

Fuck I thought that was only because I had watched nintendo trailers after E3. Seeing that shit in the related videos creeps me the fuck out.

>tldr: making lowest common denominator clickbait bullshit is the only way to actually get anywhere on the platform anymore

It's also the fact that everyone feels they need to "get anywhere on the platform". People rarely make videos out of passion anymore, everyone is just trying to make money. If someone is trying to pump out a video per week, even if it's about a topic they enjoy, it's eventually going to become soulless.

Recommend me some good videos that are video game related.

youtu.be/dbn-QDttWqU

Semi-related but what the fuck is up those russian kiddie videos that seem to spam the shit out of recommended videos? I'm watching a stream of Persona Q2 and the recommended section is filled with shit like "Boo Boo song from kids" with 112 million views.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1xPOUn7vQ

>Windows movie maker text pops up
>some shit written in bad english
>low-res gameplay
>unregistered hypercam
>009 sound system plays at max volume

2007 gaming videos were peak youtube.

That is a new trick from actual pedos, as long there is no nudity youtube accepts everything. You can call it whatever you want.
Anyway that is not even the worst thing, have you heard of elsagate? Creepy stuff

It was good because at one point the videos weren't picked for you. You would get suggest videos related to what you just watched and that was it. You would find new shit that way, now you get recommended the same shit no matter what.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrScy1icWjI

youtu.be/LnjSWPxJxNs?t=74

Attached: 1550217563785.jpg (493x527, 33K)

My recommended list right now is 99% different videos from the same channel I'm currently watching, and one video from another channel I watch.

You only get garbage recommendations when you watch garbage, and the algorithm detects that you're a simpleton.

>Need to make money
>Just whip up whatever stupid video you can about something popular with click bait titles and 10+ minutes of talking in circles about stupid shit everyday in hopes that the algorithm will recognize your gay-ass shitty meme video so you can roll in this ez-pz profits from advertisers that make youtube so fucking unbearable

The golden age of youtube ended a long time ago.

>alpha
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Short version of this? I'm not sitting through 30+ minutes of this no matter how cute that Asian chick is.

>"The complete history of X in videogames (1990 to 2019)"
>Token image of something from a fangame/fan work in the thumbnail

Attached: Hank Hill Smoking.jpg (900x900, 397K)

Like pretty much every other "professional" youtuber he seems to care far more about how to make the algorithm work for him than how to make it work for viewers

Attached: 1318622915149.jpg (677x461, 46K)

agreed, was the same for installing pirated software tuts

take me back

Attached: 1283659714733.jpg (340x383, 62K)

every time I look at trending gaming videos:
>FIRST DAY AT KINDERGARTEN! HOBO SURVIVING IN RUSSIA!
>MY FRIENDS HIDDEN THIS FROM ME FOR 10,000 YEARS IN MINECRAFT 100% TROLLING MINECRAFT TRAP SECRET
>HOBO CHILD AND GIRL NOOB'S FAMILY AND ABOUT HOBO'S SURVIVAL! MINECRAFT IN REAL LIFE VIDEO TROLLING
>NOOB CONSTRUCTED A GIFT IN MINEKRAFT! NOOBIE AGAINST FAST BUILDERS TROLLING MINECRAFT
Why is russian minecraft community so autistic?

Attached: Untitled.png (588x872, 381K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DLbkVPXxNTI

based

by the way can someone post the remix of this?
I saw it posted as a vocaroo link in a thread some time ago and didn't save it

Uh, yeah, I'm thinking he's based.

So let me get this straight. Does saying nigger actually get you banned from even competing? I can understand if it's just sponsors dropping you.

remember, it's Blizzard Entertainment we are talking about

Attached: 1558467638025.png (398x376, 193K)

how can you objectively judge something so subjective user?