Post your favourite game and explain why

Post your favourite game and explain why.
Judge other anons.

Attached: 1558214564503.gif (982x826, 1.23M)

Company of Heroes.

Just because of the destructible environment and impactful everything felt.

>Silent Hill 2
Helped me with depression but I'm still the same as I was before. The story is one of the best ever made with many plot-twists and unexpected events. The monsters all made sense (Pyramid Head being a metaphor to punishment, and Bubble Head Nurses being a metaphor to sexual deprivation), just search with the word "symbolism" after every monsters name. It really makes you think.

Persona 3 helped me get over being a suicidal neet, and helped me develop social skills and a will to be more than just another loser. The story really helped me accept that one day I'm going to die and i get to choose how I'm remembered. The social links taught me that not everyone is always going to like me but they'll get over it if they're truly my friend.

that's really really really fucking gay but congratulations user

What kind of game is that again? Your reasoning for liking it so much reminds me of Red Faction 2.

I personally think I might go with Sonic Adventure 2.

One of the few times I got a game for my birthday, I played the shit out of it, and it's very easy for me to go back and play through everything. I greatly enjoyed every aspect to it, the hunting, the walker stages, and of course the speed stages. The car segments were JANK but that jank was part of their charm for me. Most notably the camera is possesed by a spirit that hates you, but again that didn't hinder my over all enjoyment of the game.

Hell in some ways, the game got better with age after understanding more of the references, like how Sonic and Shadow basically emulate the Axis Shock.

Mega cringe my man, idk

Children of a Dead Earth, I like it cause it's the best high IQ filter game that's also not aspy like Dwarf Fortress

Attached: 300px-Children_of_a_Dead_Earth_cover.jpg (300x172, 13K)

Cunnt!

Based high IQ poster.

Attached: IMG_0994.jpg (1850x1850, 454K)

BioShock
Was apolitical in high school when it came out and the game acted as a catalyst to read all Rand's novels and expanded into studying philosophy in university. I found a lot of great stuff and my life is significantly better because I played it.
It's also just a really solid Immersive Sim with excellent art/sound/voicework. Reminded me of what I loved about Thief, which was the only sort of game in the genre I had played at the time.

Attached: Andrew Ryan.jpg (320x320, 6K)

blood
>blowing up rooms full of cultists with dynamite or the napalm launcher is great
>the general spooky theme is really well done and great to look at
>beating challenging levels that throw tons of shit at you is fun

Attached: 1530798365108.gif (63x106, 9K)

Prototype. I like blowing shit up and killing whatever in-game, was a real stress relief when I was studying to become a dentist.

Attached: 7677A8525A5847E7940A244F16904D02.jpg (600x800, 137K)

Tales of Legendia.
Solid and charming cast that actually feel like a family as the story progresses. The character quests help with this by further developing each character separately while creating a stronger bond between them all. The OST is beyond godly. You just need to listen to a couple of tracks to experience the unique experience. The battle system, while lacking to some, plays like a beat 'em up which is one of my favourite genres. Well aware of its shortcomings and issues, but easy enough to overlook.

Attached: framedmisc.jpg (3264x2448, 612K)

is it really that tough to be a dentist?

I wouldn't say favourites since I'm too autistic to ever pick favourites, but my current obsession are the original sin games, they have their issues but fuck did larian do exploration right, and I don't mean just looking for chests and items, even talking to various people and reading books can be very profitable and useful, I also like encounters that can be trivialised by "fighting smarter not harder", sadly not all encounters in those games are like that but there's a fair share of those.

Attached: 1557885149985.jpg (1024x1447, 260K)

Cunny Quest

I don't know if it was just my uni but the professors flooded us with papers, seminaries and researches, tooth anatomy and shape is a bitch and it's fucking expensive. So from my experience, at least, I'd say is reasonably hard.

Tekken 3. Characters feel unique even when they share moves. Multiple costumes, fast loading times, multiple modes of play. Also women looked distinct, sounded even better versus the nu Tekken with the shitty English voice actors.

Remaster of Legendia when? Fuck I'd take a PS2 classic release at this point, though a remaster is preferred so we don't have just half a game dubbed. Jesus man what a faux pas

Such a cool game. I got filtered on the 6th or so mission but I still love it.

Attached: Children of a Dead Earth.webm (960x540, 1.45M)

You don't have to tell me twice, user. After the death of Sword of Legendia, I've been losing more hope in something Legendia related coming to fruition. It would be nice to have a PS2 classic, but I would probably still play it on the PS2 because of my playtime.

Earthbound. I know it isn't an original answer, but honest to god, that game makes me feel things that other games only somewhat get close to capturing. Everything feels so right and genuine in that game, and it holds a special place in my heart because of that. Also, everything being so great works in tandem with each other, making everything even better than it already is through synchronization.

Attached: notsofresh meme.png (2149x1637, 500K)

I regrettably don't have a PS2 currently.

It'd be nice if the PS5 supported PS2 but that's just a pipe dream I think

that's a very generic answer, especially in this day and age. are you a simple person? do you play many games?

>no PS2
oh i'm sorry user. i couldn't live without a ps2. i have one hooked up to at least 3 tv's in the house. a little obsessive, but they all serve a purpose.

I do. I've beaten at least 135 games, about 85% pretty thoroughly, if not completely thoroughly, too. Earthbound just really resonated with me, I don't know how to explain it all that well.

Time to find out if you have shit taste or not; who is the best girl?

>Veronica C.

Attached: veronica laught at your face.jpg (667x578, 149K)

Team Fortress 2, one of the oldest games i've played. Before that it was killing floor, but after Epic exclusivity and shit like that, it kinda killed it for me, so i'm back in Tf2 and trying to get gud again and get my cosmetics back. Atleast i get to play with my old friends

Attached: JewGineer.jpg (455x525, 31K)

makes sense. you like what you like.

I'm going to hazard a guess that each PS2 can play a ToL copy from each region no?

Ace Combat Zero.
There may be better games, but goddamn every time I play ACZ I end up playing through it in one sitting. It's just consistent quality from beginning to end, and the different Ace paths add some great replay value that the other Ace Combat games don't really have.
The only thing that could make it better is an alternate ending where you side with Pixy because that man did nothing wrong, fuck borders.
Prototype is fucking great, I really need to go through it again some day. Shame we'll never get a true sequel that actually improves on what the first game did so well, instead of... whatever the fuck Prototype 2 was.

Attached: 1501810038222.png (668x531, 297K)

I don't have a favourite game, I'm just here to insult the people who say New Vegas, Skyrim, or Twilight Princess as their favourite.

Dwarf Fortress is not a high IQ filter, it's a story of a dwarven town going hilariously wrong because the commander is a retard and people laughing at the dumb shit they get up to.
Plus the community is full of trannies and RESPEC WAHMEN types, even moreso than Yea Forums is.
I don't know much about Children of a Dead Earth, but if it really is a brainlet filter I should pick it up. I really enjoyed Baba Is You.

The difference is Thief is a game, Bioshock is a movie. The minimum skill required to progress in Bioshock is so goddamn low that it doesn't qualify as a game.

Attached: baba is bump.gif (496x398, 92K)

I have one in the bedroom for DVD's and such. One in the living to play PS2 games, mainly Legendia and the last one is in a room I call the 'retro room'. The last PS2 is modded to be able to play any game including the undub version of Legendia.

Not bad

I'll probably just get a PS2 at some point, but I might have issues on an HD TV. I wonder if I should invest in a Frame Meister or something.

The geneforge series. I don't know why, I just love those games. I love the story, I love the atmosphere, I love the Shaping mechanic.

I have a Samsung 4k. It has component with game mode. I've tested some precise platformers, contra shattered soldier in specific and I noticed nothing when it came to lag. Probably my favourite TV ever created.

Sounds great. So I'd basically need component cables instead of the normal a/v right?

component cables would solve pretty much any worries.

Gravity Rush 2

I like mobility in games, so open world games with a focus on freedom of movement with unique mobility powers is always something I enjoy. Gravity Rush is the logical extreme of that, where you control gravity so you can "fly" in any direction you want and stand on any surface. There's constant movement in all of 3D space and it feels great IMO. Couple that with a really interesting setting, a cute protagonist and an amazing soundtrack by Kohei Tanaka who I already loved for his work on Gunbuster and Diebuster and it's one of my favourite series. 2 is also essentially the ideal sequel. It's bigger, better, iterates on the original concept while staying true to it etc. I don't think the game itself is flawless, but I think GR2 is the most perfect for me.

Attached: C7zc1K9WsAUXW70.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Unreal and Return to Na'Pali. No other FPS has truly delivered that 'exploring a world' feeling as Unreal, they usually end up feeling pretty linear.

Lost Planet 2 because I fucking love shooting giant monsters with lasers.

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game ever because it does redemption right. It teaches you not only to own up to your mistakes and try to be better, but it also shows you that forgiveness is a privilege and not a right. Some Mysidians never forgave Cecil for what he did, even after he overcame the trials at My. Ordeal and became so pure that he was quite literally radiant because of it. And why should they? They were certainly aware that by becoming a paladin Cecil had at the very least proven he was now dedicated to the ways of righteousness, but for some it was too little too late. Changing your ways doesn't erase the bad things you have done, nor should you expect it to. If you had to witness the people you love and care for most being brutally massacred and then the monster who killed them just reappeared one day apologizing and swearing that he has turned over a new leaf, it would be hard to resist decking him in the jaw with every ounce of might that could be mustered. Harder still to return to the scene of the crime if you yourself are that very monster and sincerely regret your actions. But Cecil went anyway, knowing full well that he would likely be shunned and reviled even more for daring to come back and reopen old wounds that are slow to heal. Changing your ways to receive forgiveness is redemption done wrong. It only serves to show that the protagonist cares more about his or her social standing more than being a good person for the sake of it. It's selfish and childish. Changing your ways knowing full well that you don't deserve forgiveness and might never receive it is redemption done right. It shows that the protagonist is determined to do the right thing even when faced with the harsh ever-present reminder that what is done cannot be undone. And that is why Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game ever.

Attached: FFIV Kain and Cecil heading off for Mist.jpg (1227x1000, 185K)

Portal 2.
I took my time finally getting to it but Portal was the first game I played with the story, setting and the characters captivating me and making me want to learn more about them. Portal 2 was the first game I purchased and it made me fall in love with everything about the first game even more.
Single player/Coop Valve games in general had some sort of a magic to them that I didn't get from any other game and this isn't just nostalgia either because I played Half Life 2 only last year.

Attached: makes me glad.png (400x380, 303K)

Borderlands 1 it was the first game I played full co op with my cousin before he died.
It helps me remember him as he was.