How much does party chat actually add in this game...

How much does party chat actually add in this game? I have the mobile version but I'd prefer to play it on a DS with physical buttons. I know it's superfluous since it's a JRPG but it just feels better.

Attached: 167977-dragon-quest-iv-chapters-of-the-chosen-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg (800x731, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/creator-bring-more-dragon-quest-pc/
anonfile.com/efY5y9vfn8/test_nds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i played it on nes without all the bells and whistles and loved it to death. im sure the ds version without is still fantastic

Honestly surprised no one ever did a restoration patch or imported the english text to the japanese version and just translated party chat.

I'm trying to do it
no promises tho

How far along are you?
I hear that the mobile text is pretty easy to extract but the formatting is the tough part

It's a fun extra but not essential at all. Go DS.

It is absolutely essential.
I'm an absolute sucker for party banter systems, whether its skits in Tales, ATEs in FF9 and party chat in DQ games.
RPGs live and die by their characters more than their story. I know I'm not alone because the biggest complaint about Octopath Traveler is that the party members hardly interact.

In DQ4 your party basically doesn't have a personality if you're playing the DS version. I've played both DS and Mobile and party chat adds a LOT. You'd never know about Kiryl's crush on Alena or his fear of heights, or Torneko keeping in touch and having good relations with his old boss in his hometown, etc.

Anyone saying party chat doesn't matter is just one massive COPE because they played the game the inferior way. If you just like RPG mechanics and dungeons then play the DS version, but if you want actual personality you have to play it on Mobile.

I must know this aswell

It adds an entirely different layer to the journey and characters

With or without the Game Genie cheat?

it still managed to be my favorite DQ without it
but i really hope they do a proper rerelease at some point

just port the phone versions to the switch

Don't know how it works in 4 but in 5 Party Chat is probably the most amazing thing about it. Your Party member has something to say about literally every npc and location in the game. Suddenly I feel like exploring and talking to just about anyone in the game, including going back to older locations, just so I can hear what my partner has to say about it. This is what I think elevates DQV above other RPGs, and somehow manages to make it feel more immersive than most modern RPGs. Really showed me that the most important part of a JRPG script is actually just the smalltalk with your budds.

I played the DS version btw

Is there a chance we'll ever get the mobile versions for PC?

probably not, we only have the dynasty warriors games and XI

Well, a man can dream.

wccftech.com/creator-bring-more-dragon-quest-pc/

Attached: d465811a655.png (694x840, 775K)

bumping your thread

Attached: 1536966122385.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

Thanks bro

Attached: chi chi.gif (700x700, 3.93M)

I need more gif like this

Attached: cedb4e60457b1b362266e0d5d6ea61c8.gif (960x540, 1.5M)

More ChiChi

I'm working on the english version, since the text engine is more refined
the hard part is understanding how to include the party chat in the system and how to do it while not screwing my exams up
That's why I've saied no promises. If you really want the Jap version with the mobile stuff take that anonfile.com/efY5y9vfn8/test_nds
the text is unencrypted, so if you want to fix it go ahed
the reason i'm going for the usa version is that those % flying around are for gender stuff
example: mighty hero%30mighty heroine

also the USA version can display more text on a single line, so some dialogue boxes are fucked up

There is already a restoration patch for DS

link?