I'm still mad

I'm still mad.

Attached: star fox zero.jpg (1060x1500, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F0i_SI63I70
furaffinity.net/view/31711275/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's the appeal of this fucking series anyway

>I wish for a StarFox game worked on by Platinum!
Boy was that a wish made on the ugliest fucking monkey's paw of all time. The Wii U era was pretty god damn cursed when it wanted to be

It's Star Wars mixed with Disney's Robin Hood. That appeals to a lot of people, especially if they were kids when they first played it.

I can't imagine any kid playing Star Fox Zero as their first game in the series and actually having fun with it though.

To this day I still don't understand why anyone wanted this, unless they expected there to be lots of on foot combat. The rail shooter parts are almost always terrible in Platinum games.

Autism.

Platinum dicksucking is the worst meme. Yes their A-team makes good stuff, but people always forget the rest of the company make shitty licensed games to keep the lights on.

Attached: 916psmrhT%2BL._SX466_.jpg (466x536, 85K)

This was the sacrifice made so W101 could exist and I accept it

Tech demos

I want to say this would have been better if Activision didn't shit it out before the license was lost.

Since, stuff that was promised by both Platinum and Activision weren't in the final release, like 60fps and local co-op.

I'm mad too. How was there not a single on-rails boss? Not one? All of the all range bosses are horrible with Star Wolf being the only good one.

So basically it was a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 situation.

The situation with Ninja Turtles games is almost as bad as Star Fox. The only thing to look forward to is the possibility of a 1up arcade machine, which really depends on securing the rights from Konami and Nickelodeon.

That's exactly it. There's a reason MiM was pulled from storefronts not long after it was released.

Also, we're getting a TMNT Arcade 1up release. Same with the early Capcom Marvel games. I assume it was much easier for TMNT to get re-released because they just had to ask Konami and Nick, not Konami, Nick, Activision, Mirage, etc...

Now, imagine if they made an X-men 1up machine. I have played 6-player X-men and it was pretty crowded, so it would be amusing to try and get 6 people around a miniature version.

Attached: 0000541_xmen-6-player-x-men-x-men.jpg (1280x960, 875K)

If you'd have told me around the time of Bayo 1/MGR/TW101 that PlatinumGames would one day make a TMNT game and a Star Fox game, I'd have lost my shit

If you'd have told me that they'd fuck both of them up, I'd have slapped you for heresy

But here we are

Worth it honestly

Attached: i2GOnP62iIG23.jpg (1280x720, 446K)

Myamoto: well I guess people no longer like star fox.
He should be shot gor this

64, its remake, and assault are the only good games
Assault is over hated

I replayed assault when i was like 22. Does not hold up. Multiplayer hpwever is still fun if you have the right crowed.

Even the PC version isn't 60fps?

While they haven't been doing well and it's their fault
I also think we're in a slump where we don't really want anything too ''new'' so that's why they keep remaking games

and by they I don't mean star fox, I mean video games in general

Miyamoto is doing the classic emotional blackmail bullshit that Disney does with Star Wars. People love Star Fox but that doesn't mean they'll buy a shitty product with Star Fox on the cover.

The moment Miyamoto showed off the new Star Fox he was working on, it was met with grumbles and sighs. It was a soulless rehash, too different from the original's gameplay to invoke nostalgia, and not different enough to feel like a bold new direction the way Resident Evil 2 and Final Fantasy VII's remakes do. It's just Star Fox 64 with more polygons, more gimmicky vehicles, and worse controls.

I like Adventures but it really could have used another 6-10 months of development, and in any case I see it more as a spinoff than an actual Star Fox game.

1, 2, 64, and Assault are the only Star Fox games you need to play though. Star Fox Adventures might appeal to you if you are a fan of the series but it's definitely not a good game to start with.

Really? Star Fox has been a tech demo for Nintendo since the beginning, and the Rumble Pak was the only gimmick that work, fuck off with your baiting bullshit.

>Star Fox is a tech demo!

Star Fox 64 was not built around the rumble pack, in fact there were a bunch of games at the time that launched with rumble pack support. Nintendo saw bundling it as a good opportunity to convince people to try it out because they knew Star Fox 64 was going to be a hit.

And what new technology were Adventures, Assault and Command pushing? Assault was a late generation game and it did not ship with any new hardware or even support any extra peripherals. It didn't even have LAN play.

The SNES Star Fox was created for the Super FX chip to show it off, and 64 was the first game to have the rumble pak what are you talking about? They obviously had the rumble feature play a big part in the game. Command had touch controls duh

Adventures was a test bed for Miyamoto's new development team destroying tech.

And Avatar. That game is a piece of shit too.

>Star Fox Zero
>Except it's just 64's plot again
>With a ton of shit from the unreleased Star Fox 2

Star Fox 64 was not designed around the rumble pak you twit. The game plays just fine without it. You speak as if Nintendo sat down and said "OK, we need to make a game to sell people on the rumble pak. How about Star Fox, we havent made one of those in a while and it's just a gimmicky tech demo franchise anyway." Nintendo had several rumble-enabled games they could have packed the rumble pak in with, and they chose Star Fox 64 because they knew it was going to sell well because the original sold well.

Star Fox 64 exists independently of the rumble pak and that's what you meme-spouting morons never accept. Star Fox Zero cannot exist without the Wii U control pad because that is what the entire game was designed around. You can't play Star Fox Zero without the gamepad and you have to master the gamepad's controls to play it correctly. The rumble pak is simply an additional option for Star Fox 64 and the game was sold without it after the initial batch.

The real tech demo game of the N64 is Mario 64. The game was designed to use all of the N64's available features at the time so that people could see what the console and controller's capabilities were. Everyone hails Mario 64 as a classic though and even today that's still the formula that 3D Mario games follow, yet with Star Fox 64 people say "it's just a tech demo to show that the controller can vibrate." The utter idiocy of this sentiment is astonishing.

Oh shit I forgot Platinum made that trash too.

Attached: 25692569.jpg (599x608, 138K)

It's like all the cool spaceship fight scenes in Star Wars. The only time Star Fox has done this well though is Lylat Wars.

Attached: 3659036570.png (128x128, 22K)

Korra's not that bad honestly

It rises above its ultra low-budget limitations, it's certainly better than TMNT

Attached: CX12zJEUkAAI_MY.jpg (600x352, 54K)

Yes it was you fucking retard, why the fuck do you think they spent so much time marketing the thing and the game side by side, holy shit how can one person be this fucking stupid?

Star Fox 64 was not designed around the rumble pak. Your argument is that it was, and you are wrong.

It’s got a lot of nice style, great characters, and fun on-the-rails level design as well as dogfighting and things like the Landmaster or on-foot segments depending on the game. It always had a lot of potential but requires more depth and better play modes, like online arenas for example. It’s had a rough time since Command and not getting a Wii title, then Zero came out and was largely a failure with a big part of that being the Wii U game pad and Miyamoto’s penchant for gimmicks. Just overall slower gameplay and it’s just 64 again. It might have killed it for good.

Leave

Attached: YIFF_IN_HELL.jpg (254x247, 23K)

>stop talking about video games

Fuck this game

Nintendo already did that.

This franchise accidentally spawned the biggest furbait character ever. It's only remembered for that.

NTR.

No you're wrong, why market it so much to feature it in a VHS? Don't talk to me like you know more because you don't.
youtube.com/watch?v=F0i_SI63I70

in theory it makes a lot of sense.

Starfox 64 was essentially scene after scene of action setpieces and bosses with some hype cutscenes to space it out.You're basically describing the prototypical platinum game there.

The problems were.

1. Platinum is fucking overrated, seriously bayonetta 1 is unbelievable wasted potential.

2. Miyamoto forced gimmicks on them.

3. Nintendo in general doesn't actually understand the appeal of starfox, constantly trying to infantilize it at every turn even though what people like is the edgy swat kats esque "saturday morning cartoon" vibe.

Attached: smug tbone.jpg (300x300, 40K)

Is Astral Chain being made by Platinum's shit devs or their good ones?

Why?

You ever watch Thunderbirds? Miyamoto claims that show to be an inspiration for the style of the series.

Got tired of waiting for someone to derail a Star Fox thread with smut, eh?

Attached: 925798345.png (227x226, 57K)

Starlink was the best Starfox games in ages. All Nintendo has to do is copy that.

I'll humor them

Wolf is so kewl blah blah owo

Nintendo had two things they wanted to sell: Star Fox 64, and the rumble pack. They bundled them together and it worked out well in the end.

If Star Fox 64 was just a tech demo for the rumblepacl then why the fuck did they release it on the 3DS which doesn't even have rumble? And why didn't the actually design the game around rumble, like how in Ocarina of Time you had to use the rumble pack to drowse for secrets? It was clearly added on after the game was deep into development because it hardly took any additional resources, and bundling the two products together was a good way to market Nintendo's new peripheral and get people to try it.

Attached: 3567903670.png (600x600, 71K)

Me too OP. I hate how retards shit on this awesome game.

Because the 3DS version was made to make use of the 3DS gimmick, being 3D. Hence why it was called Starfox 64 3D.

Waited a decade for a new Star Fox game, and got a shitty reboot.

PEPPY

LONG-TIME NO SEE

Did you not see me say that Star Fox 64 was the very first game to use the Rumble Pak? They used the game to test the Pak, it's what they do with this series. Why would the 3DS version need it, were talking about the original not the reremake, they spent just as much time trying to get peoples attention on the Pak as the game itself.

I think it has more to do with that second point anyway. At the time of Zero's release, I heard of people digging through the credits and comparing the names and finding out that Platinum was only actually responsible for Zero's graphics engine or some shit and that all the actual problems with the game are all on Nintendo

Now, I'm not gonna be an apologist for Platinum or its shit games, but I'm willing to buy that simply because while Platinum does make some really gimmicky crap every now and again, their controls are always really responsive and precise. I don't believe they'd ever work on game design if they were forced into doing gyro shit.

The thing is people forget Platinum only did grunt work. It's still wholly a Miyamoto game.

And yet as points out, the kids who actually played Star Fox loved it because of the elements that reminded them of stuff like Swat Kats, Star Wars, and other entertainment staples that they grew up with. Star Fox was part of that zeitgeist for kids playing video games back then and that's why it has so many obsessive adult fans now. Miyamoto's weird brain combined with Argonaut's designers somehow managed to spit something out that appealed to those people, but Miyamoto keeps making the franchise more childish even though the fans don't relate much to Miyamoto's sources for inspiration.

Fans wanted Star Fox to be edgier and meaner, which is why they got so excited when Platinum started talking about doing a Star Fox game. Assault was a step in that direction which is probably why it was the last Star Fox game to have generally good reception.

yay or nay on panther
I didn't really find him overly good or bad.

Attached: spf.jpg (282x400, 15K)

Again, if Platinum actually were allowed free reign, we'd see a different game. We'd actually see Wolf and Fox screaming at each other while their lasers hit at each other.

The game doesn't even have the trademark platinum ranking.

And yet it's the same game and it's still fun, because Star Fox 64's gameplay was designed around the precision of analog controls, not a rumbly controller.

He's good because he cucked fox and does it to him in his face

No one was saying that, you don't speak for Star Fox fans, we've seen games like Bomberman Zero, fuck that, keep Star Fox as cheesy as possible.

He's good. I unironically prefer Star Wolf trio. The very few times we see them interact with each other they actually bounce off well. Also he makes Falco seethe, it was hilarious.

In Command he has the best ship.

He was cool and a good replacement for Pigma. Kind of fitting given Star Wolf's re-classification as being Star Fox's unscrupulous rivals rather than straight up villains.

Why can't we just get another game like Assault? Make a new Star Fox game that's mostly about the arwing, and instead of having a few shitty landmaster/ blue marine missions nobody likes, just make fun long ground missions with the option to use the land master.

Then why market the pak alongside the game hm? It's like not only did they want to restart the series but in 3D, but also make a gimmick that would add to the experience, in other words, make the game around their new rumble pak.

They should just go and make it a dating sim already

Cheesy does not mean childish, even if the two are not mutually exclusive. Metal Gear Rising is cheesy but it's not childish. It's got a funny and edgy sense of humor. No-one is saying Star Fox needed to go M-rated but it should have been more akin to edgy 90s action cartoons than Thunderbirds. Miyamoto is a boomer though and in the case of Star Fox he had a hard time understanding what it was the fans actually liked about the series.

I like him more than Pigma. I unironically like Oikonny since he’s such an out of place asshole. To me Star Wolf is fine no matter what as long as Wolf and Leon are around.

The Landmaster was just as fun as the Arwing in 64, arguably moreso. Macbeth was my favorite level in the game. They were shit in Assault because unlike in 64, you never used them on rails. That was most of the problem with Assault. Too little of it was on rails.

probably true.

Why would you go to platinum for graphics tech though that's their achilles heel.

Attached: thinkgen eagle.gif (500x275, 94K)

>Also he makes Falco seethe, it was hilarious.

That makes the stupid love triangle with him, Krystal and Fox even dumber. It would make a lot more sense if Pather had the hots for Kat and it makes Falco jealous, because Panther is set up as a rival to Falco, not Fox.

Yeah I picture PG's Star Fox as a big, sexy, fast arcade 3D shmup with amazing visuals and that Star Wars/Starblade feel

Instead we got Miyamoto's limp dick Pilotwings sequel Gamepad demonstration

I didn't think Zero was that bad, but we'll never get Kamiya's Star Fox game :(

Attached: 1207080793058.jpg (600x512, 107K)

He knows what people like about the series, he, like all japanese developers, are just butthurt that foreigners did better work than them. Argonaut made 3D possible on the SNES, which upset Nintendo so they sabotaged the company and the franchise. Rare made better 3D platformers and utilized the N64 in ways Nintendo couldn't, so they fucked their projects over. Retro made the best Metroid games in history so they stabbed them in the back and shelved the series.

They just hate being upstaged.

Star Fox was already 3D dipshit. The big selling differences between Star Fox and Star Fox 64
as a game were better graphics, faster gameplay, and better controls. Rumble is not part of the game design, it's just an extra feedback effect on top of the rest of the game. They did not start with the rumble pack and say "let's design a Star Fox game around this." The rumble pack was the last thing they integrated into the game and it was partially because they wanted to tie in the release with the new peripheral they wanted people to try. No matter what the revisionist faggots claim, Nintendo did not make Star Fox 64 to sell the rumble pack. It was just convenient timing to bundle the two together.

I can't complain about how tame this is

Modern Nintendo is tame
Miyamoto supervised shit is super tame
This as close to both as it ever will be

Attached: 1510879236262.png (1281x877, 977K)

That is basically what destroyed Sega. Nintendo was just better at sabotaging their Western rivals' projects without destroying the infrastructure that they needed to sell their games, partially because the Western branches of Nintendo had a lot less autonomy than Sega's.

It's not as bad as fags make it out to be. The only problems are the gyrowing missions and not giving the player control options. Maybe the 64 story again, but the story in Star Fox is a meme.

>because Panther is set up as a rival to Falco, not Fox.
But Leon is the rival to Falco. Falco just also dislikes Panther because he's a jerk

But there's no love triangle, he loves Krystal, ignores Fox.

Other way around. Falco is a jerk to him.

that's what literally I have been saying, Platinum is just grunt work, it doesn't have Platinum's flavor

>Other way around. Falco is a jerk to him.
Which would make a lot of sense if he was jealous of Panther wanting to grab a pink pussy.

Nah, Falco just hate a flowery guy like Panther. Also cat and bird thing.

>worse controls.
That is the only part where you are wrong.

>restart the series but in 3D

Attached: a smug kind of chonk.jpg (287x284, 23K)

>what's the appeal
this will always be the dumbest fucking question someone could ask

The controls were stupid, you cannot get around this. Having to split your attention between two screens was not fun, and if you wanted to just focus on one of the screens you'd end up with a severely gimped experience. They intentionally made the TV aiming bad so that you would look down at the controller to get a better shot. It's such a stupid concept that never should have made it out of the prototype phase.

And yet no one can give a definite answer.

Transformers was metal as fuck, you peckerwood.

Have patience with him user, he's a zoomer who never played the SNES version but he's trying his best to fit in.

That's one good licensed game from Platinum. Now what were the others?

You can't answer that question to anything if the person truly doesn't get it

In your mom's cooch, which I ate.

Attached: 1531355081722.png (511x407, 68K)

There are so many characters in Star Fox and yet we'll probably never see them again since Miyamoto can't move on from Star Fox 64.

Attached: 6370526925.jpg (3636x2044, 2.48M)

Damn. This picture gets me. I really want star fox to have a good run again but perhaps it's really better left dead.

A zoomer wouldn't say "cooch".

Then it's even worse, he's a millennial who plays Fortnite.

>Miyamoto claims that he can't make a new F-Zero because there's nothing left to do with the franchise
>keeps trying and failing to bring back Star Fox, even though all he ever does is rehash SF64
This will never not make me mad.

You have good taste in chonk and chonk cops. Now I just need Wolf at that level of chonkness

furaffinity.net/view/31711275/ mosin did a good one lately.

It's almost like current-day Miyamoto is full of shit.

Attached: 562925690.jpg (628x416, 61K)

Statfox 64 was pretty damn good and Nintendo can't seem to PLEASE UNDERSTAND that all they need to do is create another rail shooter with fun combat, good controls, and a modest amount of variety without any gimmicks and it would be another 10/10.

But no, here's your shitty fucking gyro controls.

>tfw starfox guard was way more fun than the main game

They'll never top this. Not being sarcastic.

Attached: starfoxadventures1.jpg (620x348, 45K)

They should have just sold Guard as a separate game and then held off on a new Star Fox proper until the Switch.

It will be a miracle if we get a real Star Fox game for Switch. Then again with Miyamoto out, maybe the younger leadership will give it a another chance. I should not get my hopes up but I don't want to think it'll be another 10 years before we have any hope of seeing Star Fox again.

Say what you will about Star Fox Adventures but it was one of the comfiest adventure games on the Gamecube.

Zero looked pretty good. I love those redone characters portraits that they used for the conversations. Not like Platinum did a bad job in the graphics department for the game.

I only like this game because it blew gay furries a new asshole.

well there's only so much you can do when you have to render 2 screens at 60 hz on wii u hardware but we really are talking like ps2 levels of geometry just with nicer textures and shaders on it for the most part.

It's kind of bland stylistically also.

I think one of the most offensive things about Star Fox Zero is the fact that Miyamoto hyped up how it was going to have an "expanded storyline," as if it was going to be a full re-imagining of Star Fox 64 instead of just a boring rehash. And then they put out a pretty kickass little anime-style short film right before the game came out, which seemed to hint that there was going to be a lot more to the game than just a simple Star Fox 64 rehash. And or course, the disappointment sank in a few days later.

Attached: 260943_w926.jpg (926x521, 122K)

FUCKING PORTALS

Of course, a Fox in Space is better. So much soul...

Attached: MV5BYzM2ZDFhMzEtYzA3ZS00ZGE5LWEzYmYtYTUwN2Y2YTdkZjc5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg1MDQ1NzA@._V1_.jpg (1334x750, 51K)

It was the first "Zelda" game I finished. It was pretty amazing on a technical level. Steady 60 fps despite being an action adventure game with a mostly seamless world and gorgeous graphics, at the beginning of the generation.

Namco made the last good starfox game. Starlink did more for this game than zero did just by having a cameo

Should I give Star Link a try? I mean, part of me thinks "I guess it's better than nothing" but the other part of me is like "I don't want to pay a bunch of money for another toys to life game."

that's just dinosaur planet with star fox characters pasted on

You’re so fucking stupid that it hurts

It's an alright game and I bought it digitally deluxe on the e3 sale. Game is fun to me. I love the planet hopping and mixing parts is cool. I haven't bought any of the toys.

This shit and what happened to Paper Mario is why I don't fucking wanna see Miyamoto ever fucking touch another project at Nintendo
That senile fuck is poison for game development

Attached: 2348902347094237.jpg (378x434, 17K)

It's an okay space shooter. Didn't play the gamecube or wii ones, but others are okay. I prefer a new f zero game or punch out or something.
There is like 5 games in the series or something.

I genuinely believe that he's senile, it's depressing how everything he touches he feels he needs to dumb down as much as possible.
>People don't play Paper Mario for the RPG mechanics or the story! They just like the paper aesthetic! Nothing matters but the paper aesthetic!
>People like the Wii U's gamepad, right? Let's make that the center focus of the big returning title in the Star Fox franchise. Also let's just copy Star Fox 64 again, it's not like anyone cares about character development in this series or like anyone cares about Krystal or whatever other characters later games added.
His opinions are always just batshit insane and sound like convoluted excuses to shirk work.

Just fucking make Star Fox 2 Assault goddamnit.

And then W101 flopped, so it's still a monkey's paw.

You could blame Iwata for poisoning him with the success of the Wii.

A grown up man wouldn't consider eating pussy the foundation of a successful "your mom" burn.

ok hear me out
as shit as command was, it's the only thing the series has to even slightly continue without giving another starfox/lylatwars reboot AGAIN
so what if they actually tied in some of the endings just to give premise of a new game ie) dash rejuvinating venom and wants venom to be the central hub on lylat instead of corneria

The Wii's success was one of the worst things to happen to Nintendo. If it had failed we might have gotten a system as good as the Switch 10 years sooner.

>game controls perfectly fine in Starfox 64

>shoehorn motion controls into the game

>now you awkwardly juggle piloting and being a gunner at the same time instead of simply shooting in front of you.

>all alternate paths cannot be accessed on the first playthrough

>unavoidable stealth missions with the slow gyrocopter

I beat the game, but there were a lot of big conceptual mistakes. I'm all for variety of content but don't make that shit mandatory. It's completely tedious and takes agency away from the player.

Attached: 1558323402176.png (720x692, 343K)

nobody cares furfag

Attached: file.png (212x294, 145K)

SFZ, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and Paper Mario Color Splash were easily the peak "fuck you" moments of the WiiU IMO. All three of these games showed an astonishing tonedeafness (the only thing that's topped them in my eyes since is Nintendo's handling of the Switch Online system).