By spawning DOTA, did this become one of the most influential games of all time?

By spawning DOTA, did this become one of the most influential games of all time?

Attached: A3A6A254-7699-4DD3-BAE3-A047A925C089.jpg (220x303, 19K)

yes

this game lead to World of warcraft and dota allstars which gave us dota 2, and league of legends

war3 is un-ironically the most influential game of the 21st century

one of the most popular rts games of all time, made the warcraft series popular and set up WoW, made Dota and autochess. Yea it's influential for sure

>made the warcraft series popular
Shut up zoomer

>trying to even compare wc1 and 2 to 3's popularity just shows how braindead you are

No. It was the autistic playerbase that Blizzard ignored that got it to where it's at.

There were other RTS games with advanced scenario design editors. This included Age of Empires/Mythology. The playerbase, was of course, not as retarded so its own custom MOBAs never caught on.

samefag

Blizzdrones really are just that, drones.

>samefagging this hard
kys op

yep

Attached: Brought to you by troll gang.png (1204x768, 1.46M)

This by a large margin. Then Halo

Who are you quoting?

>babby's first fps
>influencial in any way, shape or form

Retarded or baiting?

yepp i saved a lot of money by only buying those two

Literally defined how console shooters should be played.
Halo 2 created match making.
21st century
Are you retarded?

>I don't like it so it wasn't influential
Even for Yea Forums this is pathetic

wc3 didn't spawn dota, retards. starcraft did.

What games did Halo influence?

we really need to start getting history right, otherwise the zoomers will just distort everything

just cuz dota was in brood war didnt mean it was responsible. millions of ppl bought and played wc3 only to play dota allstars. no one did that for brood war. wc3 popularized it and therefore is more influential.

No it didn't you retard. AoS was not where anything significant started or anything got popular.
This is like saying maze war spawned the FPS craze instead of wolf3d/doom

halo 2

Halo 2nd only to warcraft 3? What genres did Halo spawn exactly?

Every console FPS with the dual stick controls and regenerating shields/health

warcraft 1 was unironically a bad game. wc2 was great and wc3 did everything wc2 did but better minus naval units

No, it didn't influence Dota directly. Dota was just a custom game, among many, on warcraft 3.

>t. zoomer who missed out the golden days of aos

also matchmaking

So Halo has a massive negative influence on the FPS genre. Gotcha

It was built out of WC3 entire hero system and all its details, as well as the jungle camps from WC3

t. retard
I already explained it to you, AoS was not the influential game

Oh, that's a really good way to look at it. Didn't even think of that.

Influence.

Yeah, it really was just WC3 minus all the RTS stuff. That sounds like it means it's a braindead game, but an entire ARPG kind of game was built up between the cracks. Despite that, the core systems are all really straight from WC3 so I would still consider it very influential.

We're not arguing the quality of the game or its mechanics, just its influence.

I hate this whole thread and how history of PC gaming played out to such cancer. I blame idiots who were too stupid to figure out RTS.

Attached: shinzoabe2.jpg (474x355, 22K)

What would Blizzard be if they didnt lose their chance to monetize starcraft and dota' esport?

It also spawned the tower defense / tower attack genre, among many others.

There really isn't any resemblance in how Dota is played and how RTS is played, it has a lot more in common with Diablo than RTS games
Dota isn't what killed RTS

sadly yes since the game was already good and famous Before dota.

WC3 IS LITERALLY THE SOURCE OF EVERY SINGLE PHONE GAME CONCEPT AND HALF OF ALL FLASH GAMES

AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE REASON IT'S THE MOST INFLUENTIAL AND THE BEST

TOO BAD BLIZZ HAD TO DESTROY IT WITH MEDDLING PATCHES

>halo 2 created mathcmaking
were literally in a war3 thread, think before you fucking post. war3 had ladder matchmaking,, as did starcraft before it. this includes 1v1, queuing in team games solo, and queuing for team games as a party.

t. too stupid to figure out dota

please show me the WC3 autochess mod