Why are people angry if they remove shit

why are people angry if they remove shit

Attached: 64862782_2434862493245374_4854936301599719424_n.png (960x788, 822K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28RXaXC9jDE
twitter.com/Pokemon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>Less content = Bad
This isn't that hard to figure out.

>I am retarded
ok

Because removing older game mechanics/content is usually done so the devs can focus on what is left and improve on it.

This is not something that happens with GameFreak. They remove things but nothing else improves because of it.

>why are people fine with them removing content, not improving what remains, and charging more for it

Gee user I dunno

Attached: 43165A8F00000578-0-image-a-25_1502234252643.jpg (634x432, 49K)

Gameplay is unlike with your chromosomes removing some wouldn't make it better.

Its not that they are removing content, its that they are doing so while improving nothing and lying out their teeth about why they cant bring wvery pokemon over despite already having working models.

only manchildren play this shit

Because the games are bare-bones enough as it is and removing more without adding things to take its place is just pouring salt into the wounds of fans who still give a shit about this franchise.

Because while GF ALWAYS removes stuff with the excuse to make the Gen/Game unique they never went far enough as to cut the whole reason why people play the games, the Pokémons, its not even a RSE or a BW case, the mons aren't programed into the game that means if your pokémon is not into the Galar dex you're shit outta luck as that mon is won't be able to get in the game, and they said this is a new policy so expect more of this as it goes.

>the mons aren't programmed into the game

stop saying this, they definitely are, just like how all the existing older pokemon are in lets go pikachu/eevee. Game freak is lazy as shit and have continued to reuse the same garbage they made for XY.

the reason for the no transfer allowed is 100% arbitrary.

youtube.com/watch?v=28RXaXC9jDE

Attached: 1561343054911.gif (350x253, 976K)

yes but if we fan the flames, this could be big. Look at how many are pissed off and finally maybe about to grow up. Let's do it dude. Let's kill Pokemon.

Without the longtime fans, they're gonna hurt.

Attached: 1561134934013.jpg (992x826, 177K)

>the mons aren't programed into the game
[citation needed]
Every existing Pokémon was in RSE even though you had to use hacks to obtain them

>game's sole selling point is that the game has hundreds of monsters
>developer removes 50% of those monsters and makes the game look like it was made in less than a month by an intern
>there's the possibility that in order to get the monsters removed you'll have to pay a fee in the form of DLC
gee whizz reddit, I wonder why people are upset about that

You could get those pokemon. They were programmed in the game. Obtaining them might of been asinine but you could still get them.

That and in Sword and Shield they are not programmed into the game and there will be no way to get them unless there is DLC or a mod.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I actually think this was inevitable. Eventually they were going to need to reboot the series because there would be too many Pokemon and the transferring would cause so much imbalance that the game would be broken. I actually think we reached that point two gens ago. So I'm all for a hard reboot.

But the way they're doing this is the worst possible outcome. They're not using this opportunity to have a hard reboot like Gen III did. Instead, they're doing a soft reboot where they keep all the broken mechanics and formula people are tired of and get rid of the Pokemon and post game content people like. There's no reason to remove the features they are removing unless they're going to change the entire battle structure and formula of Pokemon as a whole. All they're doing right now is pissing off both the collectors and the competitive players by making their four gens worth of work totally invalid. And then forcing everyone to start over from scratch with the same shitty single player game that every previous gen has done.

This game is really going to test how blindly loyal the Pokemon fanbase is. If they'll still buy this game to the tune of 14-16 million copies, then Pokemon is finished. They can make it as crappy as possible and the fans will buy it without question. Like Final Fantasy fans.

And you know what the worst part about all this is? ASH STILL HAS HIS FUCKING GEN I PIKACHU IN THE ANIME! While the actual human players are being told they can't transfer their Gen I Pokemon to a new game. Yeah, this is going to go over SO well...

Attached: 1f546f0a7b66d766ef5046b15b67433b.jpg (550x800, 229K)

>"That and in Sword and Shield they are not programmed into the game..""
>he actually fucking believes this

holy shit this is just fucking sad.

Because its gotta catch em ALL

Attached: IMG_20190618_200117.jpg (892x991, 486K)

god I fucking hate those two faggots
My only hope is that sword and shield undersell so dramatically that restructuring finally happens at gamefreak
Why they ever thought the fucking composer was a good fit to run the whole operation is beyond me

So glad I quit Pokemon three gens ago. Despite spending 500 hours on Emerald and a couple hundred on the others breeding perfect teams. But each new game, they fucked over my Pokemon by changing the skill sets. Spent 100 hours getting Dream Eater on a Gengar? Haha, that's funny. We'll just make it so Gengar can't learn that in Gen V.

And now they're doing that to the entire fanbase. Even the ones who don't do breeding are being impacted in the same way.

It hasn't been gotta catch them all since gen 3. They literally haven't used that motto for over 15 years.

>why is this bad :)

because im boomer scum and I remember when mmorpgs first came out. They were literal parallelle worlds with endless possibility. And then the dark times came. Faggot developers acting like the gods they fashioned thmselves to be in game, dictating what we the players wanted, what we deserved.
"the content locusts will never be satisfied" one smug faggot said. "that means we shouldnt work too hard" another cock guzzler replied "so lets take our time and milk those monthly subscription fees" they said together. And that was fine, the core games were good, they were sandboxes and we could make our own fun. Fuck the devs, we didnt need them... and then the next gen mmos came out. They had less content. They had smaller updates. These dead time between these smaller updates increased. "But the content locusts are never happy" dipshit jr said. "So lets not try to please them, its not worth it". And this trend continued on for 20 fucking years. Now games aren't even launched properly. Early access broken garbage with 150$ buyin's are the norm. 10 $ a month subs are now "the game is free but if you want everything you need to pay 10 + 15 + 15 +30 +x for rng boxes each month". Major patches are 6 months or more and after 2-5+ years these games still dont have the core features games like ultima or ragnorak launched with in 199x. IT'S BULLSHIT. If you signal to these incompetent fucks that you will give them money just for existing, that you dont care about getting shit cut, then they will continue to cut more and more until it's 2019 and dumb faggots are spending hundreds of dollars a month to roll gacha for a fucking animetiddy.jpg. I'm not saying gamers need to rise but for god's sakes stop being passive little twats that just take whatever anyone slops infront of you. Games use to be about adding more and more content and features. Now its the opposite, and there is nothing good about that.

I have not played a single entry since HG / SS, am I wrong if I say that was the climax of the series?

To be honest I'd love to be proven false and the name fo the better entry, HG/SS were incredibly fun.

I literally hacked my game like a retard to get all the combinations right. There was little incentive to actually grind or breed for them, not to mention that when GS was new it was very easy to exploit.

Sadly I lost my backup and my savefile was corrupted. I lost my genuine Yurop legendaries.

All the other existing pokémon aren't in LGPE. The only pokémon on it are the Kantomons and Meltan line.

>gamers rise up

What's this? An honest post with a little effort put into that isn't some ironic shitpost pushing an agenda or farming (You)'s? ON MY NU-Yea Forums?

BW2 is the climax of the series. HGSS was incredible, though.

Maybe because they're only removing them because they're fucking retarded?
Differential compression and mesh instancing are pretty simple concepts and anyone working on a video game should understand them.
Especially in an environment like a handheld.

Evidentially, as can be surmised from the billion models of lillie, and this debaucle, they do not.

>acceptable
Downgrading the graphics and animations for better gameplay, at a lower price point.

>not acceptable
Taking out swathes of content, not improving the gameplay, charging the same amount for the game, or charging more.

hate this image why not fix the game instead of adding pointless shit

When is Masuda getting axed
Also, how is Japan reacting? Is Sword and Shield gonna be labeled as another "Legendary shit game"?

>When is Masuda getting axed
When a Pokemon game he works on doesn't sell over 10 million.

But the Pokemon games he didn't work on also sold over 10 million

It all goes downhill after Gen V
Just play Gen V and below and move on from there

>It all goes downhill after Gen III
ftfy

Attached: 1181370998982.jpg (616x594, 65K)

>8 fucking poison types in the whole Galar dex
>two of them are LITERAL garbage and three are the Gengar line that I don't even like
>there almost certainly will only be one poison line at the most among the new mons
>they gave me a new qt for one shitty gen, then took it away
I hate.

Attached: meme_by_hereiskoko-db9wmuq.png (600x550, 121K)

take that back motherfucker, Gen III is good but Gen IV improved a lot things and has HG/SS

Attached: Loads shotgun with malicious intent.png (1000x779, 582K)

>rock is going to be absolutely fucked
>bro not confirmed in yet

Attached: 16721.png (167x143, 39K)

>formula people are tired of
I can't see that, people got hyped for the gyms again.

>have said there will be no way to have those pokemon exist in the game
>code them in anyway
I know gamefreak is fucking retarded but I'm sure even THEY wouldn't do this

Gonna be honest, I was planning on buying this game but I'm not a regular pokemon player. The only one I played a lot was fire red. I'm noticing most of the trashing on it is by fans of the series, but is there anything really bad about it for a "newcomer"? Genuinely asking

For a newcomer it's really just a question of do you want a quality product or not, and it certainly doesn't look fucking quality.

Attached: 1529956292506.jpg (1193x1200, 368K)

No. Both this and the Let's Go games are fine for new players.

>but Gen IV improved a lot things
Name something. I can only think of things it copied, removed or ruined from Gen III. The PokeApp and the special split are the only real innovations it had. One was mostly useless and the other totally screwed up Pokemon from Gen I-III.

>and has HG/SS
Which is a little too close to the original game. There were some big problems Gen II had. But the remake didn't fix these. Instead, all it did was put them in a slightly better graphics engine. It's telling that the biggest feature everyone obsesses over in HG/SS is "OMG Pokemon follow you!" Because outside of that, there isn't much else.

If you are a new player and a pokecasual then, no offense, you have no idea what a quality pokemon is like and what it entails, so for your casual needs (go places, find and catch mons, walk through the park that is the difficulty in pokemon) then they are "fine". If you compare them to other rpgs though, even your unknowing ass will perceive the lower quality of a modern pokemon games.

As a new player, you'll probably like it. You don't have the 900+ Pokemon and seven gens of characters totally flushed down the toilet. For you, it'll be like starting from scratch, which is good for new players. But it's a slap in the face for long time fans. That's why I said it would be best if they just did a hard reboot for everything.

Attached: 1183615372007.gif (300x300, 4K)

>The rival gets this.

Attached: Omegamon.webm (1280x720, 1.22M)

>what did gen IV improve on?
Physical/Special split.
it made pokemon like Gyarados viable for STAB

Attached: Problem with gen8.png (893x1200, 354K)

>gainax pose
they can't keep getting away with it

Pokemon is just easier digested because it's directed at babbies.

People aren't just angry they removed shit. People were thinking and hoping this would be a step forward for the games. Instead they took one step back, turned 90 degrees, shot a puppy, then through Chinese divination chose the new direction of the games where the blood pooled thickest.

Attached: WmliP7D.jpg (2048x2048, 271K)

Even if the are "programmed" into the game they'll be completely unobtainable, what is so hard to understand about this? They already pulled this in Let's Go where even though the files of all the Pokemon were present, they had no models or animations so it was just leftover data from GF's generational code copypaste job.

Those legendaries are disgusting.
I remember back when I thought Dialga/Palkia/Giratina looked like chinese bootleg digimon. These fuckers make them look good.

The Masuda memes have been spectacular

Attached: 1560384548262.png (828x725, 976K)

Depends on if you play other JRPGs, if you do then Pokemon will play like shit for you because they're objectively bad games literal decades behind the rest of the genre (for example no cutscene skip, no difficulty settings, only one save file, ect) but sell well due to being carried by brand name. If you're a super casual gamer then none of this shit applies so burn your money on whatever.

The sword one looks good
The shield one it's kinda... unsettling

twitter.com/Pokemon

Attached: logo.png (583x294, 137K)

Attached: 1560286734499.jpg (960x888, 105K)

JRPGs are probably my most played genre desu. I was planning on buying it for a bit of nostalgia, since I really did dump a shit ton of hours into fire red. Both on my gameboy and later on emulators
But sounds like something I should just take the wait and see approach on. If it really is as bad as people think after release I'll just skip it

Attached: 1548429586233.jpg (554x196, 25K)

Monotype is absolutely dead in the water on cart for probably the next 5 years.

>cutting Ampharos
UNACCEPTABLE

I mentioned that in my post. And it ruined far more Pokemon than it helped. As well as completely flipping the table on competitive players. Not unlike what this next game is going to do.

>Start getting into monotype just in time for grass to lose its cornerstone mon
>My favorite is possibly getting cut as well

Attached: 1519171737871.jpg (175x188, 42K)

>JRPGs are probably my most played genre desu.
Oof, user I'm really not sure if you should get it then, I'm the opposite of you, I didn't play many JRPGs outside of Pokemon (I got really into SRPGs but not full on JRPGs). I've been playing Tales Of Symphonia and Xenoblade 2 this past month and every 5 minutes I'm just going "this is so much better than fucking Pokemon".

If you want some Pokemon flavored nostalgia you should really give Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver a try, excellent games, plenty of content and extremely relaxing. Don't support this dumpster fire of a company, you'll be stuck playing $60 for a ~30 hour game with 10 of those hours being cutscenes you can't skip. It's not worth it.

Just play Dragon Quest games. All the pros of Pokemon without the negatives. Yes, even monster collecting (that's where Pokemon got the idea from).

Speaking of digimon, has there been any news on digimon survive?

People need to never, fucking NEVER, stop bitching at them about this. Sword and Shield may be a lost cause but if enough fans are pissed off and bitch? It may get higher ups to ride their ass and fix their shit. Either by adding the national dex via dlc, or in a third version or sequel next year. The games now cost 60, with less features, look worse, and now with half your built up group of trained Pokemon inaccessible. There's not a single goddamned reason anyone should be ok with this. I hope their twitter and other social media outlets are being hounded and I hope they continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Fuck them, fuck what they're doing, and really fuck what they aren't doing.

I never say this sorta thing because despite being on Yea Forums of all places I try to not fling stupid shit around if I can help it. However, anyone who honestly defends all this shit is a retarded shill. You owe them nothing.

there will always be stupid mongoloids defending them over anything man, look at those twiiter users' mental retardness.
I stopped playing in S/M because those games were genuine awful and didn't even bother playing the "enhanced" version which they didn't fix shit.

Masuda and Omori need to get executed or fucking go

Are they doing this to gouge you on paying for home/bank so you keep paying for it year after year so your pokemon aren't lost forever? Cause I wager most folks only use the damn things to transfer pokemon to new games. Fuck this entire mess. I could always overlook the stuid shit because all the pokemon were there. Now that they aren't it's pointless to care. Above everything else having every pokemon in should be top priority, every gen, no questions. That's your base fucking foundation you build from. Not goddamned enlarged models of existing pokemon!

pokemon is dead

Attached: 5CH on the current STATE of Pokemon full vers.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)